Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
Miss Athena
Site Admin
Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Hi IceMachine,

Yes, that is a good personal concern since it is something he touched himself. It should be just fine.

Good luck!
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

panickedmoose

Unread post by panickedmoose » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Thanks Miss Athena! The candles burned all the way down, it's just drippings. I can't see a discernible pattern yet, but maybe something will show up soon!

LoverFish

Unread post by LoverFish » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:19 pm

Thank you Miss Athena!

I do see some heart like shapes in the wax. I'm going to keep an eye on it and see what it has to tell me as I continue to work the jar.

It's been 4 days since I started the jar and my love interest said to me today "aren't you sweet" in response to a compliment. That's not something he's said to me since before we split up so it was like a big neon sign for me. I'm very excited about this work I'm doing!

Thanks again for all your insight Miss Athena!

desertflower

Unread post by desertflower » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:43 am

Miss Athena,

Thank you for responding and advice. There really hasn't been much movement, but I'll continue to have faith in my work and will ride it out.

Many Blessings

TGCA1985

Unread post by TGCA1985 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:57 pm

for my honey jar i want to add a picture. should i put a picture only of my target or should i put 1 picture with the both of use?

Mnb0687

Unread post by Mnb0687 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:39 pm

Can I honey jar be done if you have no personal concerns of your target?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:14 pm

Hi TGCA1985,

I would add a picture of the both of you.

Good luck.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:15 pm

Hi Mnb0687,

Yes, but the spell would be weaker. If you do manage to get a personal concern, you could always add it to your jar later.

Good luck.

Toni624

Unread post by Toni624 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:18 pm

Long story short my ex left our relationship and started "kind of" seeing someone else. In less than a month she has moved into his apartment. She's not a good person (evident by her numerous arrests and losing custody of her children) and I don't want her around our son or his other kids but also I want our relationship back. It was so bad that he completely stopped talking to me for about a week, was rude and short once he did answer his phone. I started my honey jar on him on 6/10 and on the 6/12 he was much nicer and on 6/17 when he came by to get our son's medicine we had sex. I opened the jar to put his semen in it. Thing is when he came by I was burning my candle (which had always burned clean) and had to snuff it out to hide the jar. Once he left I re-lit it along with a new candle. This left a lot of wax that ended up forming two hearts like the Open Heart necklace from Kays and lots of tears.

I continued to light candles with lots of wax on it. I had a reading and was told he's doubting his decision to leave me but isn't ready to return to me. I know I need to break up their relationship and have hired a LM root worker to do this for me. The same night I hired the root worker, I worked my honey jar and every bit of the wax that was covering the honey jar melted off, it left tons of wax down the sides of the jar to the point every time I touch the jar the was falls off on it's own. The top is now completely clean.

Question is should I consider this a good sign or not? Any takers? I'm open to your thoughts and opinions. I have read the candle divination page but there's nothing there to cover this.

Thanks for listening/reading.

_Nesness_
Newly Registered

Unread post by _Nesness_ » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a new user, and new at this. So, I apologize if I have a long post with a list of questions.

My boyfriend and I are broken up for almost two weeks now. In all honesty, he ended things over a heated argument we had over text messages. We were a great couple that established love in a short period of time. I have been trying to contact him immediately after the break up but it was only doing more damage than good. I have done a lot of soul-searching during these quiet days that had me thinking about him and I came to realization that I had anger issues due to a serious 4 year relationship that emotionally abused me, two years ago. Sadly, a little bit of it sprinkled onto my new relationship and damaged it. We both were in wrongs...I just didn't realize my wrong doings until he left me. If you admit you are wrong to your loved one, most importantly, to yourself...it doesn't take long to make the appropriate changes within yourself. I have been doing so, and I am ready to leave my past where it belongs and move forward with the man I deeply love and changed me (unexpectedly). I just need him to forgive me and give me a chance to prove it to the both of us. He has not contacted me, and the last time I contacted him I sent him a message explaining how great of a boyfriend he is, and admitted my mistakes and how the space made me realize it all. At the end I told him that I would leave him alone until whenever he is ready to contact me. This took place 5 days ago.

I have started a honey jar yesterday, but not quite sure I did it right.

1) I do not have any of his personal concerns, but I did print out his picture (is that okay?)

2) I did a petition paper (brown paper bag) and wrote his name 9 times and mine clockwise. I touched the corners/middle of the petition paper with Come to Me Oil. Then I placed his picture and topped it with two red rose petals and a few strings of my hair. I folded it and placed it in the jar after I took 3 spoons reciting: "As this honey is sweet to me, so I will be sweet to you (his name)"...in my case should I have said: "As this honey is sweet to me, so will (his name) be sweet to me". Does it really matter the order?

3) I bought lavender but placed it in the honey along with a single rose quartz and Come To Me Powder a then sealed the honey jar with a metal lid, and dressed two 4" candles (one pink/one red) with the following oils: Come to Me, Don't Forget Me, Love Me & Attraction. Did I do a decent job or should I start over?

4) Should I add more items, if so, what other herbs should I include?

5) I came across people who have burned candles on top of the jar every day opposed to those who did on M, W, F. Which is best?

6) How many times should I burn mine in my case?

7) Should I strictly use only pink candles or both red pink?

If I can get help with these minor concerns, it would highly be appreciated! Also, any other spell reccomendations I should do on the side of my honey jar?

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:16 pm

Hello _nesness_,

1) A picture is a simple link, but if yu can get a more personal one, use it.

2) You did say that backwards. I would do it again, correctly

3) It's fine.

4) What you have is fine. Any other herbs should be chosen based on thier usage, such a damiana for sex or cloves for friendship.

5) These are cultural choices, due to the oral tadition being what it is.

6) Until you get satisfaction or give up.

7) Either, depending on the color symbolism you choose.

Peace~

Nathen

IceMachine

Unread post by IceMachine » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:20 pm

Miss Athena wrote:Hi IceMachine,

Yes, that is a good personal concern since it is something he touched himself. It should be just fine.

Good luck!
Ok! Is it necessary to write something on the back of his business card?

AlyssaH
HRCC Student

Unread post by AlyssaH » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:49 pm

For my divorce, I had been waiting on a huge order for my Ebay shop, but had also included a Court Case honey jar kit to augment the Court Case spell kit I already had on hand for this court date.. Long story short, the nature of the order & combo of the Hoodoo fest extended my TAT massively, which wasn't a big deal. I did decide to improvise about the honey jar, though. I had Cane Sugar syrup, brown candles, & supplies from the Court Case spell kit on hand. (All the LM vets know that the full spell kits contain full sizes of the spiritual supplies which is plenty for the ritual instructions & beyond.) I made a name paper for all the attorneys & the judge, commanding them to favor me, & sprinkled some Court Case sachet powder in the name papers. I burned a brown candle on it daily. I think it worked fairly well! I bet I would've gotten exactly what I wanted if I had been able to add the actual LM Court Case honey jar kit in though, LOL!
HRCC Student #1989

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi IceMachine,

You can if you wish, but it isn't necessary.

Good luck.

TGCA1985

Unread post by TGCA1985 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:59 am

Good day all.

Every friday i burn a red or pink candle on top of my honey jar and on sundays i burn a blue candle for there to be peace between my ex boyfriend on a regular candle stand. Is it best to burn the blue candle on fridays while im buring the red/pink candle on my honey jar or should i continue to burn the blue candle on sundays? if i should burn it on sunday is it ok to put the blue candle on my honey jar or should i just let it burn on the candle holder?

Also i want to add a picture of my ex and i in my honey jar. can i just open the jar and put it in or is there something ceremonial that i need do? for instance, do i need to repeat my original wish while putting in the paper in the jar? i will have to hold the picture ( no wish will be written on the picture as i already add my petition paper) do i still fold the picture towards me? do i need to put oils or smoke the picture in insence ect.? What is the correct procedure?

Please advise.

deaconmillett
Forum Moderator

Unread post by deaconmillett » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:22 am

I far prefer the blue on Sunday, TGCA1985! And I would do it atop my honey jar.

When I picture the addition of the photo, I see incense and prayer. The photo is cut in the shape of a heart, kissed, and then pushed down into the honey with your finger, so the two of you are encased in amber, looking toward the sky.
Reader - Candle Server - Author - Hoodoo Psychics - President of the Board of AISC

Eternal_Moonlight

Unread post by Eternal_Moonlight » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:45 pm

Hello all. I'm trying to make a honey jar for drawing money to pay off student loans, raise, etc. I recently bought the luckymojo money herb combo along with alfala, and devil shoestring herb. I see some folks have used a lodestone in their jars too. What kind of lodestone should I purchase? When I got all the ingredients, how can I cleanse the lodestone and prepare the jar. Some folks put the herb in a dollar bill and pray. Can I put my intent inside the jar - like writing on a piece of paper? Anyone who can help answer my questions, let me know. Thanks in advance!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:35 pm

Eternal_Moonlight ,

Writing a petition and putting it into a jar or container is a key aspect in hoodoo and of course you can do it. What you write on depends on the job and the intention. I have a friend who took a deposit slip for the bank and wrote all the info on it and used that as a petition to what they wanted. I have personally used money or a 2 dollar bill. Traditional is a piece of brown paper bag torn on all 4 sides write out the petition and fold it clockwise and folded 3 times to draw to you. Lodestones inside of a jar I would go for the small ones since its in the jar, but you can also buy one to work in conjunction. You would cleanse it with whisky or Florida water Not real water it will rust! then name it and dress it with condition oil, your case a money or attraction oil. then place it on a glass or ceramic dish ( not metal it will take away its magnatisim). Be specific with the work.. and have a venue for the money to come to you, praying for more money but no job or way to get it wont help. Like my job im salary so I make the same each pay period. I need then to have the option for a raise or be willing to ask for it, or another job or looking for a job that gives me more money, of course gambling can also be used for this as well. Point is you must have a way to let it happen
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

Eternal_Moonlight

Unread post by Eternal_Moonlight » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:03 pm

J82,

Would it be possible to use the 2 dollar bill and a brown paper back with my intention. Now when I write my intention, do I write the 3 different ways I want the money to come to me and write my name on it, or do I write the reason why I want the money. I will need to purchase some attraction and money drawing oil from luckymojo. Anyway, thanks for your patience and help with my question.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:06 pm

Hi Eternal_Moonlight,

You could use the $2 bill and brown paper bag to write out your petition. You could simply ask for more money and state your reason for needing it, as Spirit may respond to that more than a specific menu for how you want that money to materialize. Personally, I have found that stating my goal and letting Spirit decide the means for its manifestation work best, but that's just me.

Good luck.

Mysticmama4

Unread post by Mysticmama4 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:29 pm

Hello all,
Just wondering if it is okay to work multiple honey jars at once, or if I should work each one individually. For example: one for me and husband, one for he and my mother and maybe just once more for my in-laws and I. I would pray over each one initially as I make them, but then afterwards since I desire the same effect for each one, could I pray over them all at the same time? Thanks for any input.

Eternal_Moonlight

Unread post by Eternal_Moonlight » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:53 pm

Do I wrap the $2 bill around the brown paper bag with the herbs in the middle of it? Or do I put each one separately in the jar with its set of herbs in the center? Should I also put the load stone in the middle with the herbs or drop it in the honey jar all on its own?

dppagc

Unread post by dppagc » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:43 pm

What kind of candles do you place for your honey jar?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:41 pm

Hello, Mysticmama4 ,

It is absolutely fine to work more than one!!

No problem at all.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:43 pm

Hello, Eternal_Moonlight ,

I would wrap the lodestone (and magnetic sand to feed it) with the herbs in the money and then wrap it in the paper.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:45 pm

Hello, dppagc,

You can use 4 inch, 6 inch, jumbo, or figural candles. Whatever fits on top of the jar

Find them here: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html
HRCC Graduate #1631

Classy

Unread post by Classy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:23 pm

What am I doing wrong? In the past (and I still do), I've used a honey jar on my boyfriend. I've also used dressed love votives on him also. And, Deacon Millett set some candles for me, Bring Me a Dream (for his ex girlfriend) and Reconciliation Vigil Candles, Kiss Me Now, and Fiery Love Candles for us. When I began working with Deacon Millett, my boyfriend and I were not talking because of interference with his ex girlfriend. After working with him, things became much better -he started spending more time with me (including inviting me to family events) and when invited vme to go on vacation with him (and his family ). Thanks, Deacon Millett!

When we went on vacation for the holiday last week, things were great until the day before we left. Please allow me to explain what happened...my friend called me and I texted her back a few days later. My friend's first cousin likes me, but I am in love deeply with my boyfriend. In the text, casually, I told her that her cousin called his best friend (who was on the trip with us). I told her for no reason, and I realize that I shouldn't have brought up his name. Anyway, she had also told me some personal information concerning her marriage. While she and I were texting, my boyfriend did something that he's never done before -asked to see my phone. I didn't let him see it because I didn't want him to misinterpret what I texted her (because he would have ) and I didn't want him to see where she talked about her infidelity (and repentance ).
He insisted that I was hiding something and wouldn't take my word about the texts. I explained that he is everything I want and need. When we returned home, he asked me to screen shot the conversation and send it to him - I did (minus the text that I erased). NOW, he has BLOCKED my number and I can't call or text him. He was very hateful and refused to talk to me when I went to see him to try and talk things out after we returned from the vacation. His sister, who used to call me 10 times a day, has become distant. And, he sent his ex girlfriend a friend request on Facebook.

Here's what I've done since the vacation:
1. I am literally holding a honey jar that I've had previously for him. I constantly flip over the jar. I keep it in the bed with me for that reason.
2. I have been mixing the Reconciliation Oil and Return to Me Oil in my lotion (I had on some oil yesterday when his sister went with me somewhere - after I literally begged her to go) and she has started mentioning his name when she and I are on the phone and he calls her. Today, she met me at church and I had on the oils again. After church, she went to his house and when she talked to me, she said, "I just saw your boyfriend" - something that she hasn't said in almost a week.
3. I've driven by his house and blew Reconciliation Sachet Powder and Return to Me Sachet Powder toward his house as I passed by.
4. I've purchased more candles to be set, Bring Me a Dream and Break Apart (for the ex gf) and Reconciliation candles for us.
5. I pray to God and I make requests to Mars and Venus for assistance. I pray to Mars that he gets no rest, no peace, no sleep...
6. I have his picture on the pillow (on his side of the bed when he's here).
7. I shook the sugar up in a container that I've had for him for some time.
8. And, last Thursday, I shook a Breakup Bottle that I've had since August for my boyfriend and his ex to stay apart.
9. I have blessed my house with sage.
10. I petitioned St. Expedite, although I didn't have any of the supplies that are suggested. I plan to order them.

Would the actions of his sister (with whom he's VERY) close be a positive sign? I checked today, and my number is still blocked. I miss him so much. Please help!

Thank you for reading this long post! Please don't condemn me...please offer assistance. :)

Classy

yoly0128
Newly Registered

Unread post by yoly0128 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:52 pm

Hello! I am new to this site and I have a question on how to create a honey jar. I had never heard of this till I went to a place to get a card reading and they offered one after the reading was done. Well it so happened that when it was done and I started working on it, as time went on, my ex-husband started getting more and more distant and in fact, he got very angry with me as well. I began reading some posts on this site and have noticed that the pictures are suppose to be facing each other. The person that did the honey jar for me had the pictures facing away from each other. Is this wrong and is this what might have caused the separation and fights to get even worse? If anyone can please let me know as soon as possible as time is of the essence here I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:59 pm

Hello, Classy,

This could be a sign.

If I were you, I would check with Deacon Millett and get a reading from him. He is excellent and knows what he is doing!

Wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:03 pm

Hello, yoly0128 ,

I can't speak for other rootworkers. I can only speak to what I personally do:

But I don't do that with my honey jars. I have them face to face (and bind them together) and then place it in the honey jar.

Did this action cause arguments? I don't know. You might want to consider a reading about these behaviors.

Find readers at:

www.hoodoopsychics.com

OR

http://readersandrootworkers.org

Wishing you the very best

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Classy

Unread post by Classy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:18 am

Thank you, Miss. Aida... :)

Is there more information that you (or others) can give concerning my post (for immediate assistance)?

Classy

yoly0128
Newly Registered

Unread post by yoly0128 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:25 am

Thank you, Miss Aida!
I did get a second reading yesterday with someone new and they did advise that to their experiences with honey jars, the pictures are suppose to face each other to bring someone closer and sweeten them up. If the pictures face away from each other like my honey jar was, then this is to drive someone away. The arguments and the distancing started about 3 weeks after the honey jar was done. He stated that my ex-husbands intention was not to leave permanently but for some time to clear his mind. He still loves me and wants to come back home however, the honey jar caused for him to become very angry with everything I did around him or said. My question now is, should I start a brand new honey jar to bring him back as the reading stated that his intention was only to leave to clear his mind and allow me to clear mine as we had been fighting frequently but he still wants to be with me?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:41 pm

Hello, Classy,

Ask Deacon Millett for a communication spell.

Otherwise, use a yellow candle dressed in Mercury oil for communication and rolled in deer's tongue.

Make your petition so that he will communicate with you

Find mercury oil here: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatoils.html

Deer's tongue here: www.herb-magic.com/deers-tongue.html

But, please talk to your primary rootworker, Deacon Millett

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:43 pm

Hello, yoly0128,

Yes, I would start a new honey jar.

Wishing you the very best

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

misskitty49

Unread post by misskitty49 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:16 am

I have two unrelated questions.

1. I've read on here that you don't NEED to set candles on top of honey jars and that it won't really affect the work, but I always do it and usually use menstrual blood or sexual fluid when I do this. Would using these fluids on top of a honey jar NOT intended for a lover affect the results? I recently ran into a non-romantic target of a honey jar I am working and they were very standoffish and weird. Their jar is also a few months old, so that could be the reason.

2. I've read Miss Cat's pages on bottle spells and laying tricks but I'm still confused as to how you deploy a honey jar. I have begun a new honey jar, but would like to deploy the old one in a way that it might still be useful to me, without actually keeping it on my alter. The only sure method I found was to deploy it in running water or on the target's property, but I don't live anywhere near water and I don't think I can get onto the target's property safely.

alley

Unread post by alley » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:57 pm

I am starting a sugar jar as Miss Cat advised me in our reading. The sugar jar is for a group of people that have turned their back on me and I would like to sweeten then up.
My questions are:
1. When writing their names, should I use parchment paper, brown paper bag. or any small slip of paper with each name on it. Each name is placed on a safety pin and I am to lick it with words of favor towards me. My name on another larger piece of paper is to be safety pinned closed as to encase all their names within my paper.
2. Any specific color of ink to use when writing their names.
3. Also I was advised to burn a small candle on top the mason jar and recite psalm 1. My question is for how many days should I do this ritual and what color candle.
4. Has any one done a sugar jar with popsicle sticks.
5. Can you place more then one person in the sugar jar with all the names facing yours.
6 Last question is: Can I sprinkle this on their property and ask for favor towards me.

There is no other way I can get this blessed sugar to them, as we do not even talk to each other, nor do I want to bring then cookies with the sprinkles of this sugar on top.

Your help will be appreciates.

alley

Unread post by alley » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:01 pm

Has any one done a sugar jar with popsicle sticks.
Can you place more then one person in the sugar jar with all the names facing yours.

Thanks

Reason: Merged contents to her post over this one

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:22 pm

Hello, misskitty49 ,

No, you would not use your vaginal secretions for tis purpose. This is probably the reason for these behaviors.

I always recommend putting the old honey jar under your bed or in a closet if you might plan to use it later.

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:31 pm

Hello, Alley,

I will answer each question after the question

1. When writing their names, should I use parchment paper, brown paper bag. or any small slip of paper with each name on it. _my preferred method is brown paper bag but parchment paper is god too
2. Any specific color of ink to use when writing their names. - would use blue for healing their anger
3. Also I was advised to burn a small candle on top the mason jar and recite psalm 1. My question is for how many days should I do this ritual and what color candle. -I recommend starting with 3 times a week. And keep doing it until it works. Blue
4. Has any one done a sugar jar with popsicle sticks. -Popsicle sticks for what purpose?
5. Can you place more then one person in the sugar jar with all the names facing yours_yes
6 Last question is: Can I sprinkle this on their property and ask for favor towards me.-Yes, you can do that

PLEASE read all the pages here on this thread for more ideas. This is what we ask of our forum members before posing questions.

Then, if you have questions after reading the pages, we are more than happy to answer them

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

terracotta

Unread post by terracotta » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:52 am

Hi, I hope this is in the right place.

I'm new to honey jars, and hoodoo in general, but I'd like to try making a few for various purposes. I've ordered some of the Lucky Mojo oils for candle dressing, but as I live outside the US, I expect it will take a while before they get to me.

My question was, if I make my jars prior to the oils arriving, could I use anything else as a substitute in the meantime, as something to get the spell started, even if it won't be as focused or strong? For example, for a friendship jar, would using lavender oil to dress candles be appropriate, or is that likely to cause issues?

I have a number of questions, and would rather try to get my head around all of this before making a start and doing things in a way that will fail to work as I've misunderstood the ideas behind things.

Thanks in advance.

T

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:23 pm

Hello, terracotta,

Welcome to the forum! If you have a chance (and wish to do so), please introduce yourself on the introduction thread.

Yes, you can put olive oil on them and then roll them in love herbs. Here is a list of herbs that you can use:

www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

Wishing you the very best.

Again, welcome!
HRCC Graduate #1631

terracotta

Unread post by terracotta » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:17 am

Hi Miss Aida,

Thanks, that's helpful. I'll switch to using the oils once they arrive, but it's nice to have a standby so that I can get started!

I'll wander over to the introduction thread later on and say hello.

Thanks again,

T

terracotta

Unread post by terracotta » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:17 am

I'm hoping for a bit of advice about a honey jar I'm hoping to make.

The situation is this: there's a particular person that I've looked up to as a role model for years. Although I don't know them personally in the sense of having a personal relationship with them, I have met them several times, and on the last occasion, a couple of months ago, I got into a conversation with them about my job and the work I do, and this person expressed an interest in getting more involved in the field I work in, and ended up asking for my contact details, which I gave to them in two separate forms.

This person is very busy with other concerns, and doesn't live close by, but I am hoping, with spellwork, to encourage them to get in touch with me regarding this potential collaboration, and sweeten them towards me so that we might be able to form some kind of friendship/mentorship along the way. It would mean a great deal to me for that to happen! I don't have an easy or appropriate way to get in touch with them in regards to this, so the initial connection would need to come from them, unfortunately, or something would need to occur that meant getting in touch myself became an option.

In addition to candle spells encouraging them to contact me (I'm going to try the brown candle rolled in tobacco method that I've seen posted about), I'm planning a honey jar. I have a few things to use as personal concerns - I have photos (one in which we are both together), and I have their handwritten signature - but nothing much else.

In terms of herbs and oils, what would people use in this situation? I was thinking Good Luck Oil or Attraction Oil, perhaps, but other people may have better suggestions.

I'm not sure about the best herbs to use. I'd like this to be a friendship/mentorship situation, but I need to attract them to simply contact me as well, if I can. Any suggestions? Cloves and lavender for the friendship aspect of it, but what herbs are best for the communication and mentorship aspect?

There's also someone in my life that really dislikes me, and is in a position to prevent this connection from happening at all. I'm going to try to do some work on this person as well, to prevent them from having the power to screw this up if it does occur. Probably a freezer spell to start, at least.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I know it's probably a difficult one, but I don't think it would hurt anything to try, at least!

T

Moonbeam38

Unread post by Moonbeam38 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:19 pm

I have a question. For months I've faithfully lit the candle in my honey jar three times a week. However the last few weeks I've had a difficult time doing this due to work and personal schedule. I'm trying to get a normal lighting routine going again. Has my lack of keeping up with the lightings affected the jar? My guy is still responsive and we've been seeing each other more frequently so I'm not seeing any changes there.

One more question. I recently lit a bride and groom candle on the jar and had a good burn. It was suggested I do a run of burns using this candle. How many candles do I need? For example would I burn the bride and groom candle three times that week instead of the taper candles I use on the jar? Or do I need more candles for a run? Thanks!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Hello, terracotta ,

Here's a quick guide to herbs and oils:

www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

And the freezer spell is a good idea!

Wishing you the very best with this

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:51 pm

Hello, Moonbeam38 ,

No, you did not mess up your honey jar spell. Not to worry.

You can light as many Bride and groom candles as you wish and what you feel is right. It's up to you and what you think feel right to you. Let Spirit guide you

Good luck
HRCC Graduate #1631

Moonbeam38

Unread post by Moonbeam38 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:20 am

Thank you Miss Aida! I like how you said to let spirit guide me because, I had the idea in mind to get the red bride and groom candles. However, when I went to look to purchase them something told me no, not the red, get the pink. I ordered 3 pink bride and groom candles instead of the red. Just felt like the right decision to me. Also, I wanted to have another candle lit on the altar and when I was looking through which candle I thought would be best I had one idea in mind. However, as I started to brows through the candles I stopped on one of them and just felt that that was the right one for my needs. So I think I've been a bit more intune lately with listening to what I should use. Thanks for saying that! It does help remind me that that little nudge I've been getting toward certain things isn't wrong.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:35 pm

Hello, Moonbeam38 ,

Confidence! Now you're talking!!

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

terracotta

Unread post by terracotta » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:33 am

Hi Miss Aida,

Thank you for the link. I've taken a look and I'm now thinking:

allspice - for luck and success
cinnamon - for luck
cloves - for friendship
five finger grass - to encourage this person to do me a favour by working with me
lavender - for sustaining friendships

I also wanted to add something to encourage communication but I'm not sure what it suitable in this situation.

deer's tongue? - seems to be to encourage eloquence, which I guess I would need, but also appears often used for love, which isn't quite what I'm looking for here.
tobacco? - from what I've read, is used to encourage people to get into contact, which is perfect, but I'm not sure of it's suitability in a honey jar. It doesn't seem very ... sweet?

Do you have any advice?

In terms of oils, I'm going for Attraction, Good Luck, Crown of Success and Road Opener, at least to start with.

Thanks in advance,

T

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:44 pm

Hello, terracotta,

Your oils an herbs look god.

I would still go with the Deer's tongue. It serves more than that purpose.

Wising you the very best!
HRCC Graduate #1631

terracotta

Unread post by terracotta » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:01 am

Thanks, Miss Aida, I have some deer's tongue on order, so I'll hold off on starting the jar until it arrives.

MeganHT

Unread post by MeganHT » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:33 am

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and new to spell casting and honey jar work, but I've done lots of research in them and feel I understand them relatively well. I was just hoping to get some insight from other people about my current jar and my situation.

My boyfriend of nearly three years and I broke up yesterday after a long haul of issues. We'd been on a break a while ago and I'd used a reconciliation spell sourced from a friend to bring us back together, and he was the one to approach me then and ask to get back together. We were good, on and off, for s while, and our friends and his family expressed great happiness when they found out things worked out between us. A week ago today, our relationship never seemed better; we were both in the same page, we were talking all the time and he even continuously said that he missed me, something he hadn't said in a long time. We went out two nights ago where we met up with a friend of his he'd been talking to online and wanted to meet in person. That's where everything went down hill... I could sense he was very attracted to her and I felt like a third wheel to them the whole night... When we got back to my place, I expressed my discomfort with the whole evening, it escalated, and the next morning we officially broke up. He says he still loves me, and that it's not that he doesn't want to be with me and he still wants me in his life, he says he just needs to take a step back from the relationship to figure himself out.

I'd been planning on doing a honey jar for him before that, because he was expressing concerns about commitment before our last good week.

I started my honey jar yesterday out of things I had in my home; when we parted ways, I was on my way to get candles for a honey jar for him anyway. I used a small jar that I once purchased with a candle inside and used for the previous reconciliation spell that was successful. I cleaned the jar out, made my petition paper with "love me" written in a circle around our cross-crossed names, and because I had limited herbs on hand, I used oregano to bring joy and happiness to our relationship and two tiny dried rosebuds that when placed together form a heart to symbolize sincere, passionate and romantic love. I read somewhere that less is more and I was told by a friend not to crowd my packet with too much. I also have two strands on his hair and a strand of mine tied around his tightly. I was unable to find thin 4" candles, so I decided to use two inch votive candles that have about a 3-5 hour burning time and I'm anointing them with a custom love oil made for me by a friend that contains lavender and patchouli. My first candle burned fast at first, but then long towards the end, and it burned very clean and straight with little dripping. There is one "tear" of wax that is dripping over the side of the lid. The candle I'm burning now is burning slightly less even than the first one, but seems to be levelling out. The flame, however, when I first lit it flickered madly to start, and now it is standing very, very calmly.

Another thing I've noticed is that the cat I share with him (the cat is currently living with me) has been incredibly interested in the jar. Last night when I lit my first candle on it, he sat and stared at it for a long time, and I've burned other candles around him that he showed no interest in. Now, he is sitting as close to the jar as possible and facing it, every now and then stopping to watch it. Is this a good sign.

I also wanted to clarify something; is it important to carve your petition into the candle? I only ever read that when going through posts here on Lucky Mojo, everywhere else so read never mentioned it. Does it help to carve it into the candle?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:12 pm

Hello, MeganHT,

Welcome to the forum

I am sorry but not quite clear on your questions.

We do not give interpretations on the forum (candle behaviors, etc).

But I can answer your last question: Yes, carving your intention on the candle is highly recommended.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

MeganHT

Unread post by MeganHT » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:57 am

Thank you for replying, Miss Aida!

I guess my question is, am I on the right track with what I added to my honey jar? Is there anything else I should add or do? By reading through the description of my jar, does it seem like it will be strong?

I was also thinking of adding a piece of our cat's hair to the packet, to remind him of our unity as a little family... Would that help?

I had a tarot reading that informed me that he and I are in fact soul mates, a fact I had a strong feeling about anyway. My reading said that with patience, perseverance and quiet determination, I would be successful, and it nodded to the fact that I was already on the right path to achieving my goals, and then when I got there, there would still be some work that had to be done, but it will be successful eventually.

I guess I would just like to know if there's anything else I can do. Ideally, I'd like for us to restart... Banish all negative emotion that may be between us and start fresh, from scratch.

Angelina

Unread post by Angelina » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:44 pm

Have been doing a honey jar for love for the past few months, however, I stopped for a period of time due to not feeling like I could put all my aspiration into the honey jar due to mixed feelings over my target. The last time I lit my candle it seemed to catch on fire along with my herbs on the jar and the jar is now left bare and charcoal looking. Would that be a good indication to stop the honey jar? Also, I've been left completely drained since this has happened like as if it zapped all my energy. I was so positive an was aspiring my intentions onto the jar but since its burnt out I have been left so too.
Has anyone else experienced this?

MeganHT

Unread post by MeganHT » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:41 am

I have a few questions about my honey jar;

1) I noticed a few pieces of the herbs from my packet have fallen out and are sitting at the bottom of the jar; is this okay?

2) My intention for this jar is to have my ex rekindle his romantic love and desire for me; I have both pink candles for love, romance and devotion as well as red candles for passion and desire. Should I just focus on one colour of candle?

3) I have a lot of wax build up on the lid of my jar from candle stubs; should I be concerned that these aren't burning out completely? Should I get rid of them, or just continue to build up on top of them?

4) I'm starting to feel like the woman my ex was becoming attracted to (mentioned in my first post) is sabotaging my honey jar somehow; I saw on social media that my ex tagged her in a post and mentioned that something would be perfect for her son, whom he mentioned by name. Should I possibly do some kind of break up spell for them, even though they are not dating? I'm not sure how I feel about this, as I'm concerned it's too negative and the reading I did told me to employ patience and diplomacy and I want to keep things positive, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you all,

Megan

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:53 am

Hello, Angelina ,

My advice? I would perform a blockbuster spell first: www.luckymojo.com/blockbuster.html

Then, Start a brand new honey jar.

Initially I would have guessed that you had too many herbs. BUT because of the combined low energy level, it's a strong indication that this is spiritual Something went wrong and I don't know what it is (no way of telling without a reading). Initially I would have guessed that you had too many herbs. BUT because of the combined low energy level, it's a strong indication that this is a spiritual message.

Wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:59 am

Hello, MeganHT,

I am surprised that your reader did not recommend any spells for you to perform.

But, I would not put the cat's hair in the jar. I know that you want to use the cat to draw him back to you but it will just make him sweet on the cat and the cat sweet to him. The cat's behaviors mean to me that the cat approves the jar.

I don't know where you got the idea that "Less is better" but I would be adding herbs to the jar. Here is a quick guide to herbs: www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

The pieces at the bottom are fine. You can alternate the red and pink candles.

Some people scrape the wax off and bury it at their front door (this is what I recommend) and others let the wax build up. This is an individual preference.

yes, you could do a break up spell just to be sure: www.luckymojo.com/breakup.html

Wishing you success
HRCC Graduate #1631

MeganHT

Unread post by MeganHT » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:52 am

Hi Miss Aida

I should clarify that I did the reading myself; I'm pretty proficient in tarot and felt I needed guidance sooner rather than later. I am meeting with a friend soon however who is incredibly experienced in hoodoo and readings once she's settled into her new apartment.

I live in an apartment complex, so I'll have to allow the wax to build up, but I'll see if I can get away with burying near the steps of my building. He used to frequent the back door of the building, so if I'm able to bury it, should it be near the door he usually used to come in? Does that matter?

Thank you for the suggestion of the break up spell, though; I will look into that.

As for adding new herbs, even if the wax from the candles has dripped over the sides of the jar and sealed the lid slightly, is it acceptable to gently break it open to add more to the packet? I'm sure I read somewhere that it is, but I don't think it was specified that it was acceptable if the wax had sealed it slightly.

I also know that if I start a new jar, I won't have personal concerns if his other than a photo... I would like to make sure I still have our hairs inside the packet because I know it will be stronger.

I also wanted to know if I should bother using cinnamon as an herb in my packet; my ex doesn't like cinnamon at all, not even the smell... Would adding this Potentially drive him away?

Gothbreed

Unread post by Gothbreed » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Hello

I wanted to ask how do you best add sexual fluids into the honey jar? Do you rub it on the petition paper on is there a specific way like the 5 spot pattern? If so, what exactly is the 5 spot pattern? Also, if I use sexual fluids do I add mine as well, like we are instructed to with the hairs?
Thank you.

Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”