Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Bathing at Dawn (the Litany of Excuses Thread)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Bathing at Dawn (the Litany of Excuses Thread)

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:07 pm

Hello, AlyssaH,

Great advice!

Also, see this page: www.luckymojo.com/oils.html

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

terracotta

Unread post by terracotta » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:55 am

I have a question about the disposal of bathwater at sunrise. That's not a problem at all at the moment - in my part of the world dawn is currently around 6am and the sun peeps over the horizon around 6.40am, so I can get up, take my bath, dispose of the water and leave for work by 7am. However, as we move towards winter, this will get later and later, and I will have to leave for work when it is still dark, and sunrise will happen while I'm sitting on a train during my long commute.

How do I go about managing this? I could restrict my baths to just weekends, when I am able to still stick to the traditions, but that would prevent me being able to take a series of baths if needed. Or I could dispose of the water before sunrise, but still to the east at a crossroads. Or I could take the baths, save up the water and dispose of all of it at sunrise on a weekend, I guess.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how best I can keep to the traditions in this situation?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:11 am

Hi terracotta,

What I do, and it's just me, is keep my baths to the same early time in the morning even in winter. My schedule doesn't always allow me to adjust the timing to match a later sunrise, so I end up doing my baths before sunrise in winter. I prefer this to saving up bathwater for disposal on a weekend.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Nony65
13 Herb Bath Questions and Answers

Unread post by Nony65 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:47 pm

I understand that 13 Herb Baths should be taken before dawn as with any spiritual bath. Problem is as one said before that I love with someone so it's really hard to prepare for in the morning without waking them up.

Do they have the same effect if they are taken later in the day when you have the house to yourself? As I thought when people did cursing work they took 13 Herb baths after they had done the work or am I wrong? If there is no other way, would it work to say the prayer quietly in the bath? I also understand that silence has to be used and you should not utter a word when taking the bath, is this correct (meaning if someone else who you live with tries to talk to you). Thank you

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:39 pm

Hello, Nony65,

I have merged your post to the thead that I would like for you to read.

The bath does NOT have the same effects when taken at other times.

I personally say my prayers aloud. But, you can whisper them.

Wishing you the best

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

enjoy life

Disposal of Ritual Remains Questions and Answers

Unread post by enjoy life » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:08 am

Hi
Im yuma,new to the forum.
I will be starting my ritual bath for cleansing and for come to me spell
But I will not be able to do my ritual bath in the morning
And also the come to me spell at night
Due to time difference between me and the man I'm working for.
My question now is
Would it ok,if I do my spell in the morning between 9am -12noon
and dispose the remant at midnight being the night for the next day .
Thanks

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:20 pm

Hello, enjoy life ,

I have split, moved, and merged your post to the correct thread and subforum. That's a lot of work! PLEASE post in the correct subforums and threads.

You can take your love baths at night. But, the other ought to be performed according to the instructions.

There are 2 pages on this thread for you to read

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

LaBreezy
Newly Registered

Unread post by LaBreezy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:18 pm

Hello! I am new to the forum and to traditional and serious spell work.

Firstly, thank you all for all the amazing information provided here.

1) I chose my own list of ingredients for the 13 day 13 herb uncrossing bath since I’ve never taken one.

2) I now understand the bathing practice doesn’t mean start before dawn. My tea has been taking a while to cool down, so I usually end up bathing after sunrise when getting up at 5 to start. Should I restart my uncrossing baths? I will be on day 3 tomorrow.

3) I have been taking my mop water to a crossroads to dispose of, but the sun is already up when I do that. So I guess my question for this is, should I be mopping every day I take a bath, and should the mopping take place before dawn so that both the bath water and mop water are disposed of at the crossroads at sunrise?

4) Also, in my research I came across a different way to dispose of my bath water - a tree in my backyard, the spirits to whom I have already given offerings - along with Elegua (I’ve been refreshing his fruit and giving him frankincense every day along with the spices out for him in the space between my house and next door as well as lighting a cigarette daily and leaving cornmeal for the Esu off my area).

5) Is my tree method working, or should I stick to the crossroads?

6) If my methods have been so wrong, should I just start my baths over again doing it the right way this time, or should I keep going?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:37 pm

Hello, LaBreezy, and welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum --

1) I have no idea what herbs you chose or if they will be effective. We make and sell our own brand of 13 Herb Bath, but that's another matter.

2) You want to be bathing as the sun rises, not after. You want to greet the rising sun.

3) Disposing of mop water at the crossroads is not something i am familiar with, and i have been practicing hoodoo for almost 50 years now. You want to throw the water off your own property, but a ditch or gutter will do just fine. If you like to mop every day, go for it. Most people mop once a week.

4) If you are venerating African deities, i would presume you have been initiated in an African religion, so see your padrino, tata or priest for answers to those questions. Hoodoo is mostly just Christian black folk magic, but the interesting thing about folk magic is that it is not a religion. So, sorry, i cannot help you with the deities.

5) I don't know. You have so many unknowns here i cannot help -- your own unique herb mix, the combination of two different African pantheons, fruit, frankincense, cigarettes, cornmeal, and now a tree -- this does not sound like hoodoo, so i cannot begin to tell you if it is working for you. Try a divination.

6) I am pretty sure what you call "the right way" is something individual for you, and not part of down-home rootwork. Conjure is a whole lot simpler and is just basically what your grandmother would have done, if your grandmother was a black woman in Mississippi.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

LaBreezy
Newly Registered

Unread post by LaBreezy » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:59 pm

Thank you so much for responding!

1. I chose agrimony, basil, hyssop, rose petals, chamomile, lemon, coffee, salt, sage, rosemary, patchouli, lemon-lime mint, and star anise.

2. Copy that!

3. Also copy that.

4. The leadership I have in that arena isn’t the best. I’ve had to do a lot of self education.

Thank you so much for your help! I am starting my baths again next Sunday. I was living above this really volatile Caribbean woman and next to these kids who were practicing magic, and I think one or both of them cursed me to get me out of the house. Things just haven’t really been right (fatigued, clumsy, hard to focus, hard to keep my house clean, financial troubles), so I’m hoping the baths will help me out. I’m not super financially stable, so I end up making things myself. I’ll be getting a reversal candle and a good fortune candle (for finances and career - I’m submitting a proposal for a sculpture) for after my baths. I don’t want their malice to continue to thwart my efforts. I’m so tired of it - mentally, physically, and emotionally.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:47 am

Hello LaBreezy,

This forum is for help with traditional hoodoo conjure using products purchased from Lucky Mojo.

As Miss cat said above, we can't weigh in on spells performed according to other spiritual traditions, or for products purchased away from Lucky Mojo. Both are beyond the scope and purpose of this forum.

That said, I wish you the best of luck with handling your situation. That sounds rough, and I hope you are able to get it under control. Do make sure you put up protection for yourself, to keep any other spiritual gunk they may throw at you from sticking. I would recommend Fiery Wall of Protection products, which you can find here:
https://www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Sunbeam

Unread post by Sunbeam » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:20 pm

Hello,

I'm new to this site and way of life in general and ordered my first kit recently. So finally after a few weeks I figured out the logistics of doing uncrossing work and found the cross roads I would need. I started on the uncrossing kit today and did the first bath with the bath crystals and everything went great for my first time ever till I got to disposing of the bath water.

I drove to the cross roads and once I disposed the bath water over my left shoulder towards the sunrise and jumped in my car I don't know why but I looked at the rear view mirror and when I caught myself my heart sunk. :x

The kit only comes with 1 packet of the bath crystals and I still have 6 more days in the process to go to complete the kit. Do I need to stop now and redo the whole thing ?

what happens if you 'look back' and does the rear view mirror count as looking back?

I'm new to this so I'm not trying to take shortcuts but wondering what can be done now. Thanks

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:55 am

Sunbeam,

Looking back is casting doubt on your work. I would start over especially since it was your first bath. Try to divide the crystals to make it go an extra day so you can begin again and still do the full run. If you don't believe this is possible than order another packet of bath crystals.

Uncrossing is important work and you need to go into it with full confidence that it will succeed. If you finish the spell with "it's complete...but I did make that one mistake" that doubt can hinder your outcome. Now that you know how strong that temptation to look back is for you, you can prepare for it.

I hope this helps!
A Tarot Reading, Bone Throwing, Tactical Conjuress
HRCC Graduate #2145

Sunbeam

Unread post by Sunbeam » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:48 pm

Hi Terra Rising,

Thank you for your answer. I know I will do the bath crystals part again later but I continued with the rest of the cleansing and I'm almost done with the kit.

Even though I made a rookie error, I feel the cleansing is already working (uncrossing but I prefer the term cleansing). As I was washing dishes on the 2nd day a broken chain just appeared in the sink, I think it came from the sink plug but I have thorough cleaned that thing so many times over the years and even recently and until I started the cleanse did the broken chain appear.

Now, I say this because I recall opening the mojo bag as soon as I received the cleansing kit and in it is a broken chain and I remember how the broken chain stood out in my mind and thinking how odd then read from the kit instructions, the broken chain is supposed to signify the breaking of crossed conditions, so I took that as my confirmation to carry on. I've also been feeling light and energetic, a far cry from the lethargy I used to feel.

Lesson learned on the looking back but I feel I'm on the right track and optimistic about this work already. :)

Thanks again.

Terra Rising
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Terra Rising » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:46 am

Sunbeam,

I would take that as a great sign! We all make mistakes especially in the beginning. I'm glad it didn't hold you back. If anything, it sounds like you are even more determined to get this situation turned around.
Keep up the good work!
A Tarot Reading, Bone Throwing, Tactical Conjuress
HRCC Graduate #2145

Association of Independent Readers & Rootworkers

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Cleansing, Health, Healing, and Blessings”