Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Deities, Angels, Spirits, Saints: Selecting, Best Choices

aura
Forum Moderator
Re: Deities, Angels, Spirits, Saints: Selecting, Best Choices

Unread post by aura » Tue May 14, 2013 3:35 am

Hi Caligula,

Please keep in mind that the Deities you are referring to are not a part of the hoodoo tradition, which is fundamentally the folk magic practice of Protestant Christians.

Furthermore, the Lwa and the Orishas belong to separate religions, the Lwa being Vodoun Deities, whereas the Orishas belong to the Lukumi Faith. They are NOT inter-changeable and are sets of spirits with very different personalities and prescribed methods of contact. Both religions are initiatory in nature and it can be downright ''rude'' to petition either the Lwa or the Orishas without the help or intercession of someone that is a member of the Faith.

If you are interested in working with either the Lwa or the Orishas, be it for cursing or other reasons, you may want to contact one of the AIRR members initiated in the faith of your choice. Dr. E. and Lou Florez can both help you with the Lukumi Faith and Karma Zain can be of aid for the Vodoun Faith.

Blessings and may you find what you seek.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Caligula

Unread post by Caligula » Tue May 14, 2013 9:00 am

Thank you so much for this important information.

One wouldn't want to be rude to a God or goddess!

I booked a consultation with Dr. E.

Many blessings to you too

ebonykawai
HRCC Student

Unread post by ebonykawai » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:30 pm

Are you still required to give St. Expedite the offering if you got a fast answer, but the answer was no? I'm assuming not, since the request was not granted. I'm grateful for a fast answer, though. Thoughts?

Creativecat

Unread post by Creativecat » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi,
I haven't been on this site for a long time..and was looking into calling on the elementals and spirits of the water.
I seem to be connected with them somehow and wanted to know more..this is strange for me coming from a christian
background but i guess now is the time to explore what they want..
Im treading gently but keep coming back to them somehow.
First thing i did was to make an altar and put candles, shells and yemanya..kinda luv her somehow..
anyways I would like to invoke the elementals spirits..

If anyone can gently guide me in the right direction would sure appreciate it..
in the meantime the rivers call...

Blessings to all x

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Hmmm, sounds like you've done plumb forgot what this forum is about since you've been gone.

We're all about American Southern hoodoo -- African American conjure, to be precise.

I think for your various "elementals' you'd be wanting to check into a European Neo-Pagan or Hermetic European forum. Not sure, but that's the usual place for those.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

MidsouthGuy

Unread post by MidsouthGuy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:27 pm

It's been quite a while since I posted here, so I thought I would stop in and share some personal insight into working with Rasputin. I have found that Grigori Rasputin is more than willing to heal and watch over anyone, although he is particularly fond of children and pretty women. He doesn't like sweets as offerings, but quality liquor and traditional Russian foods are appreciated, as are any Orthodox symbols and icons. Donations to the poor are a good service offering for Rasputin. He also likes having images of his wife and children, and prayers said for them. Don't call him "the Mad Monk", as he is not happy about being remembered as such, and speaking ill of children near a shrine to him is also a bad idea.

Hope this was helpful!

jespinoza

Unread post by jespinoza » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:48 pm

I purchased LM oils and candles and i wanted to know if it is appropriate to place my hoodoo candles next to my El Ekeko Doll or should i keep a alter just for him and put my hoodoo things in another alter.

I have been searching the intenet for this answer but could not find anything.

I just don't want to disrespect the powers of my LM products or make my el ekeko doll angry by placing these items by him.

If anyone knows anything about the el ekeko doll mixed with hoodoo magic i would apreciate the information :D

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:45 pm

jespinoza,

Many traditional African American hoodoo practitioners of my youth used to put a "Lucky Buddha" (that is, a Chinese Hotei) on their money altars. No disrespect was intended toward the Buddha -- nor was the practitioner in any way indicating a lessened identification as a Black Christian. The Buddha was seen as "lucky for money" and kept as such.

Ekeko, the Peruvian lucky equivlent to the Lucky Buddha is obviously an indigenous figure, but greatly modified to appear as a contemporary Peruvian man bearing gits and lucky charms -- a sort of Santa Claus or Lucky Buddha. In no way would mixing and matching such imagery on a money altar be disrespectful, in my opinion. It would be highly unusual to find such a figure in the home of an old-time or down-home Black conjure doctor -- but merely because Peruvian imports are not widely available all around the U.S. South.

In fact, i will venture to speculate that had there been a huge influx of Peruvian construction workers building the railroads in the US in the 19th century (instead of the huge influx of Cantonese construction workers building the railroads), and if these hypothetical Peruvians had built and populated "Perutown" ghettos next to the Black ghettos of the Bay Area (instead of there being Chinatown ghettos next to the Black ghettos), then in 1962, when i was invited into the homes of local practitioners, i would have been delighted to see the happy Ekeko statues on the altars of African American root doctors of Oakland, California, and we would not be having this conversation!

P.S. For those interested in the use of the Lucky Buddha in contemporary African American folk magic, these two pictures tell the tale: The practitioner who built this altar is Ms. Robin of AIRR, who specializes in money magic and gambling luck. Her mother, raised in the Bay Area, and also a practitioner, is about my age.

First, the altar:

Second, Ms. Robin:

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

naija4life+

Unread post by naija4life+ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:34 am

Elijah is reputed to have brought down fire from heaven,did so many astonishing miracles and finally he was taken up into heaven in a flaming chariot.Has anyone in this forum worked with this remarkable personage,if yes how did you go about it & what was the results you got?

starmagicgirl

Unread post by starmagicgirl » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:16 pm

A BIG Thank You!

No words can be found for the love, light and healing I have felt as a result of my 4 days prayer to Archangels, AA Raphael, AAMichael, AAGabriel and AAUriel. Blessed Archangels to you, I extend my unconditional love, devotion and prayers. I promise to continue to serve others with love and compassion, to not judge anyone, to help those less fortunate than myself, to continue teaching others of you and to never forget where I once was - to where I've been lifted-up as you and the Divine saved me. My thanks goes on an eternity and is still not enough.

Thank you Archangels Raphael, Michael, Gabriel and Uriel.

mozlilzom
HRCC Student

Unread post by mozlilzom » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:53 am

(I hope I'm posting this to right thread. Apologies if not.)

I'm looking for any information about working with the Three Kings (or the Three Magi if you prefer) in Hoodoo.

I was wondering if anyone might know any more - such as to what extent they are worked with collectively and/or individually. I believe, for instance, Caspar is occasionally considered a saint in his own right.

Any elucidation on such matters would be most gratefully received.

Best,

M.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:55 am

mozlilzom,

The Three Kings are best known in hoodoo as a brand of charcoal and resin incense.

They are extremely popular in German, Dutch, and other European forms of folk-Catholic practice, and in America among the Pennsylvania Germans -- but because most African Americans are Protestants, they never became as well-known in the hoodoo community. Sorry.

Read more here on how they are approached in Catholic forlk magic:

The Three Magi
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... Three_Magi
catherine yronwode

mozlilzom
HRCC Student

Unread post by mozlilzom » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:01 am

Thank you, miss cat.

I had read about a few connected customs - such as the Reyes Magos giving kids presents on the day of Epiphany in Spain - but the clarification about their favour in (folk) Catholicism makes a lot of sense.

Can I ask if you are aware of a "standard" makeup of Three Kings incense? Obviously, the two main ingredients are frankincense and myrrh, but I've seen the third given as anything from benzoin to sandalwood. Are any of these more common or more traditional in Hoodoo?

Best,

M.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Hello, mozlilzom
Miss cat talks about the different incenses (including Three Kings) here: www.luckymojo.com/incense.html
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

mthwgrmn
HRCC Student

Unread post by mthwgrmn » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:35 am

A question: generally, when do people turn to the spirits for help as opposed to relying on materia? Having read much of Harry Middleton Hyatt's corpus and material on this site, I understand that many traditional workers didn't incorporate angels or saints into their practice at all.

What do people here think? When would you turn to, say, a saint or deity (or the dead), and when would you be more likely to rely on herbs and materia?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Hello, mthwgrmn,
Wow! What a great question! And a hard one too!!
Every practitioner is different. Everyone.
For readings, I call on my spirit guides, guardian angels, Ancestors, spirits of the Tarot (and if I am reading a regular deck of cards, I call on the Chinese spirit because I read a Chinese way).
I bless everything I use (except for things that I buy from Lucky Mojo because they are already blessed),. I call on the spirits of the plants and minerals that are used. And the animal spirits (if I'm using them).
When I am really pissed off and am throwing down tricks, I don't call on anybody. Spells still work.
It just depends.
You will know when and when not to call them. It takes time but spirit will guide you.
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:03 am

In traditional conjure you aren't going to find a ranking system or clear division between when you work with an herb or with a spirit because in hoodoo everything is a spirit and what is most powerful is what is right for your situation. As far as deity, God is called upon in all traditional hoodoo.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

duchess
HRCC Student

Unread post by duchess » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:06 am

Hi mthwgrmn,

Awesome question! Like Miss Aida said, everyone is different and a ton of that has to do with religious background, comfort level, teachers, and simply being guided by spirit. There's been a ton of discussion on this on the forum. Also, check out AIRR's pages on the subject. http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... pirit_Work

Personally, I was raised episcopalian and have deep familiarity with Catholic/folk catholic teachings as well as a southern baptist background on one side of the family. For me, this means I am super comfortable working with various saints, graveyard work (we southerners love our graveyards), and ancestry work because I was raised on it. Spirit work was one of the aspects of hoodoo that came most naturally to me.

Now, whether I work with saints, spirits, or ancestors in my various workings really depends on a process of divination, guidance, and experience. If you are open and experienced with spirit work, sometimes they just kinda appear and say, hey, I can help with this. Sometimes, it seems logical to use a particular saint or spirit and approach them and ask them for aid. It just varies so much.

To get more specific, I often use ancestors for love work, protection work, and prosperity work. They want to see me happy and healthy so that is a natural fit.

For protection and reversal work, I often use graveyard spirits of soldiers, Michael Archangel, or St. Cipriano.

In love work, however, I rarely use saints unless....

You get the idea! Really hoping some other people chime in because I'm always interested in hearing about this subject.

Blessings!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:39 pm

Missionary Independent Spiritual Church is proud to announce the publication of :Hoodoo Bible Magicc: Sacred Secrets of Scriptural Sorcery" by Miss Michaele and Professor Charles Porterfield.

BOO-GRI-HBIM
Hoodoo Bible Magic; Miss Michaele, Prof. Porterfield
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo-bible-magic.html
catherine yronwode

Mkarts
Newly Registered

Unread post by Mkarts » Thu May 15, 2014 12:04 pm

I would like to thank you to Saint Expedite for answering my prayer.I petitioned him to contact my friend to call me and he did within a few hours.I also thank St.Anthony to guard my other candle spells during that process and god Ardhanarisvara as well.

MK

Eternal_Moonlight

Unread post by Eternal_Moonlight » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:01 pm

The only Saint I've tried working with before is Saint Expedite. However, on Saturday night, I had a dream with what looked like St Anthony on the bus beside me with students in the passenger seats (practitioners of magic). I didn't recognize him in the dream until I stumbled upon photo of him on a candle in a supermarket. In the dream, he taught me how to fly...WEIRD. Then on Sunday night, I could barely sleep, and when I finally did close my eyes... don't get scared, but it was like someone was whispering St. Joseph in my ear. It was such a bizarre ordeal that I could really only share on this forum. I hope I can come across someone with a similar experience. Would these qualify as signs of the Saints I could work with? Do they often visit folks in dreams?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:18 pm

saints can visit in dreams like other spirits so this is not adnormal. being the saint came to you and spoke with you is a sign they will work with you and help you. I would spend a few days praying over it and asking for guidance and also praying to the saint. I have worked with saints but dont do it as a general practice, its not how I was taught but my Catholic side used em. I dont know what your issue is but does it relate to st Joseph and if so then their is your answer. Or does both saints seem to containt the issue like anthony and joseph? Signs can happen in many ways and I really think it matters to your ability. Like some people might just know something from a saint others hear it or feel it, so being intune with your natural ability. If dreams are normal or contacted in such form then adhear to the sign and see what happens.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:10 pm

Hello, Eternal_Moonlight ,
If this were me, I would certainly light candles to them
You have absolutely nothing to lose.
But, wait until you're finished with the St Expedite candle
Just my 2 cents
Take care
Eternal_Moonlight wrote:The only Saint I've tried working with before is Saint Expedite. However, on Saturday night, I had a dream with what looked like St Anthony on the bus beside me with students in the passenger seats (practitioners of magic). I didn't recognize him in the dream until I stumbled upon photo of him on a candle in a supermarket. In the dream, he taught me how to fly...WEIRD. Then on Sunday night, I could barely sleep, and when I finally did close my eyes... don't get scared, but it was like someone was whispering St. Joseph in my ear. It was such a bizarre ordeal that I could really only share on this forum. I hope I can come across someone with a similar experience. Would these qualify as signs of the Saints I could work with? Do they often visit folks in dreams?
HRCC Graduate #1631

Spider47

Unread post by Spider47 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:16 pm

Patron saint of wizards
spiders
burgundy
lust
military
intelligence
language/speech
education

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Dear spider47,

In other posts, you describe yourself as a ceremonial magician. Hoodoo has borrowed a few things from ceremonial magic -- notably the use of some of the Seals of Solomon, but without the accompanying ritual. You will not find much overlap between ceremonial magic and hoodoo, because the first is a European tradition of the upper classes, dating back not much farther than the Renaissance; and the second is an African-American tradition deeply rooted in four hundred years of American history, and further back in survivals from even more ancient African spiritual traditions and folk beliefs.

Modern ceremonial magic is an aspect of a European subculture, whose purposes are religious and spiritual; hoodoo is based in, interwoven with, and part of African-American culture, and it is oriented toward survival in a hostile environment.

There is much more to be said about this, but I will leave it to those more experienced and articulate than I.

Now, on to your list:
Spider47 wrote:Patron saint
The great majority of rootworkers have traditionally been African American Protestants -- overwhelmingly Baptists. Catholic rootworkers -- those who would rely on patron saints -- are in the minority, and live mostly around New Orleans and Baltimore. Most Protestant workers rely on God the Father, on Jesus and on the Holy Spirit, as well as their own ancestors; they often direct clients to call on their own beloved ancestors for help.
of wizards
Some Catholic rootworkers and members of ATRs rely on St. Cyprian. Conjureman Ali is one of these.
spiders
There are conflicting traditions about spiders in hoodoo, which come from varied sources.
Rootwork traditions about numerology are fairly limited. I know of no traditions or spirits associated with numbers like 47. More details in this thread:
burgundy
Rootwork has limited traditions about spirituous liquors; these are used mostly as cleansers, payment for assistance from the dead, and carriers for magical/medicinal herbs. Most common are whiskey and brandy.
lust
Rootworkers know that the herbs, roots and other curios they use have their own spirit, personality and power; as I like to put it, "these things believe in themselves." With this in mind, go to [url=http://www.herb-magic.com%20http://www.herb-magic.com]http://www.herb-magic.com http://www.herb-magic.com[/url] and do a word search on "lust."
military
When they need the help of a strong, disciplined, cooperative spirit, rootworkers can go to the nearest cemetery and offer traditional payment at the grave of a soldier.
intelligence
language/speech
education
For intelligence and education, King Solomon -- who is not usually approached directly as a saint or ancestor would be; but is associated with herbs used in the preparation of King Solomon Wisdom spiritual supplies. For "language and speech," the living power of Deer's Tongue Herb is well known. For generally making a good impression, try Crown of Success. Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:23 pm

Good answers, Michaele.

Othr "military" saints include Saint Joan of Arc and Saint (Archangel) Michael.
catherine yronwode

violet29

Unread post by violet29 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:32 pm

Hello everyone,

I don't know where to go with this one so I've come to you for a possible answer. Recently I was attacked by what I believe was a spirit of poverty. I went to sleep one night feeling fine but woke up feeling a negative heavy weight around me along with feeling like I'm financially struggling. I also felt very sick but I was determined and I went to work anyway. There was no intelligent reason for this feeling. Realizing I was under attack I prayed, read the Bible, burned some sage and applied some LM protection oil. By late morning the bad spirit left. My mother said that she too have been feeling like she' s under a spiritual attack with her money. I understand these negative spirits try to get their target to agree with their plans and it's up to the target to resist. I believe this bad spirit could have been sent by an enemy of mine or my mother's. But my bigger question is could the problems of poverty throughout the world be the cause of a spiritual attack ? Do these spirits target some ethnic or racial groups more than others?

My co-workers and I have been pondering the idea of a supernatural explanation to why some groups struggle to survive more than others. This may sound crazy but I'm wondering if there is some sort of hidden spiritual committee designed to keep certain people down. Does anyone have any knowledge or thoughts about this? What do you recommend to fight off bad spirits of all sorts? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Blessings.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:28 pm

Hello, violet29 ,

This is a very philosophical question that has been debated and pondered on for ages. We have no concrete answers for why groups are plagued by this.

So, it cannot be discussed here on the forum.

Did you have a question regarding your own personal issues?

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

violet29

Unread post by violet29 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:53 pm

I apologize if my words were not chosen carefully. I was not looking to start a “discussion” or have it "discussed" but because this is a spiritual forum I was hoping to receive a one or two line sentence on information which could lead to more knowledge or understanding which I could explore outside of the forum. In my writing I asked if anyone has any suggestion on how to get rid of bad spirits of all sorts. Like getting rid of the spirit of poverty, or spirit of lust or spirit of laziness, getting rid of bad spirits that try to oppress or control. etc…. Again sorry for the misunderstanding. Blessings.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:27 pm

Hello, violet29,

I too apologize. I really did misunderstand you.

The best way to get rid of these types of entities around you is to cleanse your house completely with Chinese wash to get rid of the negate energies that may attract or keep these spirits around www.luckymojo.com/chinesewash.html

And the incense that I love the best is the Tibetan Ghost Purging incense (ought to be used on a regular basis): www.luckymojo.com/tibetanghostpurgingincense.html

Getting rid of clutter in the house where negativity will hide.

Spraying house regularly with Florida Water: www.luckymojo.com/floridakanangawater.html

But MOST importantly, Cleanse yourself with the 13 herb bath to get rid of whatever may be on you: www.herb-magic.com/13herb-bath-13.html

And Keep yourself protected at all times: www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html

Please keep a positive attitude (which is very important when dealing with these spirits. They HATE positive attitudes and don't like to be around this!)

I hope this helps and wishing you the very best
HRCC Graduate #1631

violet29

Unread post by violet29 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:41 pm

Hello Miss Aida

Thank you so much! You're advice has made me very happy indeed! I will make a order with LM asap. Blessings.

dolphin_flower7

Unread post by dolphin_flower7 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:38 am

which saint and/or angel is good in protecting you & fighting your enemy in reversal, unjinxing, hexing situations? & what is that particular saint or angel preferred pymnt to show your appreciation for there help?

thanx

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:21 pm

Hello dolphin_flower7,

I personally do not do a lot of work with Saints but I believe St Michael/arch angel Michael is usually called on for protection. You can find out more about those products at this link (http://www.luckymojo.com/archangelmichael.html).

Peace~

Nathen

dolphin_flower7

Unread post by dolphin_flower7 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:06 am

thanks so much nathen :) ...

Rev Ernest
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rev Ernest » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:21 pm

Lucky Mojo is proud to announce the publication of a new book by Miss Phoenix LeFae,
In "Hoodoo Shrines and Altars," Miss Phoenix instructs the reader in the construction of suitable
Hoodoo Alars.

The book will debut at the 8th Annual Hoodoo Heritage Festival in Forestville, California,
May 16th-17th, 2015, and a copy will be included in the admission package for the event, because
Miss Phoenix will be teaching a workshop on how to do this work. We are taking pre-orders now.
"Hoodoo Shrines and Altars" ships on May 18, 2015. Pre-ordered copies will be signed
by the author.

BOO-FLS-HSAA
Hoodoo Shrines and Altars by Miss Phoenix LeFae
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Contents

Dedication and Acknowledgements 4
Altars of the Ancestors
Hoodoo: A Brief Introduction 5
How Do We Know About Hoodoo Altars? 6
Altar Described by Newbell Niles Puckett 8
Altars Described by Zora Neale Hurston 9
Altars Described by Harry M. Hyatt 10
You Shall Build There an Altar
Definition of Altars 14
Basic Types of Altars 16
Altar Work or Just Work? 19
Altars for What Purpose? 20
Building the Altar 21
One Altar or Many 25
Practical Altar Tips 26
Altar Objects 27
Magical and Spiritual Correspondences 37
Preparing the Altar Space 41
Keeping Your Altar Clean 42
Altars for Ongoing Work 47
Cat Yronwode's Secrets of Altar Respect 48
Altars for Various Conditions
Altars for Love 51
Altars for Money 52
Altars for Healing 53
Altars for Protection 54
Altars for Justified Enemy Works 55
Altars for Cursing and Vengeance 56
Dedicated Shrines
Altars for Ancestors 57
Shrines for Catholic Saints 59
Making Offerings to Spirits 60
Unusual Altars
Travelling Altars 65
Pocket Shrines 63
Hidden Altars 66
Business and Office Altars 69
Candle Ministry Altars 72
Frequently Asked Questions 78
Rev. Ernest, HRCC Grad #0891, MISC Deacon,
Facebook Fridays! Admin, Online LMCCo Catalogue Team

Scorpionwitch

Unread post by Scorpionwitch » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi everyone!

I was looking through this thread and I couldn't find an answer to the question I have (maybe the answer is here and I just missed it). Can St. Dymphna be petitioned to help with/ rid someone of a personality disorder (specifically Cluster B- borderline or narcissistic personality disorders)?

I know that most people tell you to just run when you meet people with Cluster B but sometimes that's not an option- particularly if they're your parent, your child, or someone you have shared custody with. Personality disorders aren't the same as mental illnesses but borderline personality disorder and some less malignant forms of narcissistic personality disorder do manifest with anxiety, dangerous mood swings, depression, etc. Hence, my wondering if St. Dymphna can help with personality disorders in addition to mental illnesses and emotional trauma/ sexual assault.

Thanks!
Thank you, St. Martha, for all that you have done for me!

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi Scorpionwitch,

It wouldn't hurt to petition her for personality disorders as these are circumstances of the mind. However, I do hope your target is under the care of a certified mental health practitioner, as this is first and foremost the line of defense.

Petitioning Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez can help in locating the correct medical team to help, if your target needs help locating the right resources.

http://www.luckymojo.com/drhernandez.html

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Moderator

antinoos44
Newly Registered

Unread post by antinoos44 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:39 pm

Hello everybody

i'm sorry to disturbe y'all like that, i'm french people, and i practice HooDoo.

I have a question about Folk Saints. I searching in web a listing of all Folk Saints and spirits used in Hoodoo and VooDoo, like Captain Lafayette, Madzell Laveau ...etc. but i don"t found a "complete" list. All what i see it's center around the "catholic saints" but not about Folk Saints use in the HooDoo and VooDoo.

My High Priest (practice HooDoo too) learn me all his Folks Saints and Spirits with who he working, but his very "small".

This search is only intellectual and cultural, because i practice with my personnal spirit and folks saints too, but i'm curious to know all Spirits and Folk Saints use in Hoodoo and Voodoo (especially Louisiana where i living 6 mouths by year lol)

Blessed Be & Thank you
Antinoos

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:27 pm

antinoos44,

Most African Americans are Protestants, so they have no connection to folk saints, except insofar as the word is used in various Protestant denominations. There are quite a few Catholics among us too, but we don't have "high priests" (or even low priests) because hoodoo is a domestic form of magic; it is not a religion.

I have written a page about the use of the word "saint" in various Christian denominations associated with the practice of hoodoo -- and perhaps if you read it and watch all of the videos that are linked from it, you will have a better idea of how the word "saint" is used here.

http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooandreligion.html

As for Voodoo, that is pretty far off-topic. This is a forum about African American hoodoo. I am sure that there are Voodoo forums you can find via a google search, however.
catherine yronwode

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:11 am

If you are not Catholic, you can alter the prayer by omitting the Catholic portions. It will still work. God is God!!

NOVENA TO GOD THE FATHER

GOD, my Heavenly Father, I adore You, and I count myself as nothing before Your Divine Majesty. You alone are Being, Life, Truth, and Goodness. Helpless and unworthy as I am, I honour You, I praise You, I thank You, and I love You in union with Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Savior and our Brother, in the merciful kindness of His Heart and through His infinite merits.

I desire to serve You, to please You, to obey You, and to love You always in union with Mary Immaculate, Mother of God and our Mother. I also desire to love and serve others for the love of You.

Heavenly Father, thank You for making me Your child in Baptism. With childlike confidence I ask You for the special favor (mention your request).

I ask that Your will may be done. Give me what You know to be the best for my soul and for the souls of those for whom I pray. Give me Your Holy Spirit to enlighten me and to guide me in the way of Your commandments and Holiness while I strive for the happiness of heaven where I hope to glorify You forever. Amen.

(Say this prayer for Nine Days while lighting a white candle dressed with blessing oil: http://www.luckymojo.com/blessing.html )
HRCC Graduate #1631

antinoos44
Newly Registered

Unread post by antinoos44 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:05 pm

Thank you
yes i know in HooDoo the principe of High Priest don't existed (i practice also folk french magic so i know the principe of "magick of house").
I'm also of tradition New-York Wica Tradition, it's for that i say "im high priest" because is my High Priest on N.York Wica Tradition who learn me HooDoo (because he practice also HooDoo).
Thank you for the link i read that with interest

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:33 pm

Hello, antinoos44,

That's great!

Thanks for your input!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

MojoBoi37
Newly Registered

Unread post by MojoBoi37 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:24 pm

Im new to Catholicism and even Hoodoo, but not to magick. I love magick but I never wanted to leave my Christian background to do so. Now that I am back I was use to having a pantheon of deities to depend on, so I decided to become Catholic because of the Saints and I love it! But I have a question, do you have to make a personal connection to saint to do a spell? For instance if I was gonna work with Saint Michael for protection would I have to befriend him first? What if I needed help instantly and I didn't have time? I know its okay to befriend a saint, especially your patron, but is all right if I need help with something I can just call him or her up to do so? I would think God would be okay with that because all saints do is intercessed for you. But I could be wrong and please tell if I am.

Thank You & God Bless! :D

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:34 pm

Hello, MojoBoi37 ,

Welcome to the forum

If you get a chance (and wish to do so), please introduce yourself on the introduction thread.

I am Catholic. This is what I say about this:

If I met you every day or even once every other day and gave you a candy bar just to be nice, what would you do if I later asked you to lend me $10.00 ? Would you give it to me? You probably would.

If you never met me and I stopped you and asked you for $10.00, would you give it to me? Probably not!

So, what I do is I light a vigil candle to the Saint and introduce myself. Then, I tell them to enjoy the candle. I may even offer a fresh glass of water everyday and sometimes a few white fresh flowers

When the candle is over, I wait awhile. Then, I do a Novena or a petition or whatever to them. That way, they are more apt to help me.

This is how I do it

Wishing you the very best

take car

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Nikip1004

Unread post by Nikip1004 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Blessings. I need help. I am starting to feel like the universe is against me. I have been dating a man for 2 years, we broke up in August and started back seeing each other in October. I have tried candle work, binding us together, feeding him my menstrual blood, a honey jar to sweeten him to me, a vinegar jar against other women and nothing has worked. His mother is oshun and his father is obatala. I have tried incoming Obatala for help. I've gone to Yemaya at the ocean to turn things around. What else can I do? I love this man and want to spend the rest of my life with him. We had something amazing before the break up and now he tells me that he isn't where I am, he's not fine. I don't know how to fix it and my heart can't let it go. I've tried come to me oil. I sought the help of spirits. What can I do to bind us and if there isn't anything I can do to him, what can I do to heal myself?

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:05 pm

Hi Nikip1004,

Welcome to the forum. When you get a chance, and assuming you wish to do so, please introduce yourself in the Introductions thread.

I have moved your post to the thread involving spirits beyond hoodoo as you reference them in your post. This is a hoodoo forum and we do not work with orishas, but there may be advice for you in this thread.

Good luck.

Endwatcher

Unread post by Endwatcher » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:55 pm

One of my stronger sides is dreams, Ive always had visions and visitations through them.

I had a dream about 6 months ago about Orunmila.

Please keep in mind that before I had the dream, I never even knew who he is.

He came to my dream and I felt very peaceful and awe inspired, we talked. He told me his name stood for wisdom and said that him and his family came from the stars, he pointed to the sky and lit up different variations of constellations, stars, and planets.He had blue hue to his aurora

That's all I can really remember.

Ever since, Ive been getting even more spiritually involved in these things. (Theurgy, God Spells) and just all around wanting a closer understand of the realm of the Creator. Ive also found myself much more humanitarian feeling.

Does anyone know anymore on Orunmila, petitioning him, and just connecting?

I feel like he invoked something (good) and I would really like him to visit me again so I could ask him to work with me.

I find it more then coincidence that I'm an Aquarius. I've been seeing common numerical signs of 311, 3;s and 1's quite often sense than also.
And fear of sounding conceited, I've always and still to this day have had a feeling Im supposed to do something big or greater then the "normal"

Thanks in advance

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:02 pm

Hello, Endwatcher --

In my opinion, one does not just wake up from a dream and say, "I'm gonna venerate African tribal deities" without having a deep appreciation for Afro-Caribbean religions and a firm committment to practicing animal sacrifice as a part of one's religion.

Please, read these links for more information:

AIRR: Category:Working Within the African and African Diasporic Tradition http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _Tradition

AIRR: Category:Orishas
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Category:Orishas

AIRR: Orunmila
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Orunmila

AIRR: Animal Sacrifice
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Animal_Sacrifice

None of this relates in any meaningful wasy to African American folk magic or domestic magical practices of any kind, so it is off topic here, but we are peased to help you on your journey.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Endwatcher

Unread post by Endwatcher » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:22 am

Yes, you are right....It is a bit off topic. I apologize.
What would you think it was than?

I read those articles, they were some of the ones I studied to find out about Orunmila.
Before, I had no knowledge of him or Orishas as everything I learned before that had been essentially Christian Mysticism, Hermeticism, Taoism.
I guess Im slightly lost on this subject as it was very random and out of my knowledge and belief system, and I too thought and think its odd that he would choose my dream to come too, but it was profound enough and
most certainly far from my knowledge and sub conscious thought to believe that it was something else other than him.

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:50 pm

Hello Endwatcher,

I would recommend trying to connect with a reputable person who is a member of one of the African Diasporic religions and be prepared to spend a lot of time and effort learning about these things. Their are workers on AIRR (www.readersandrootworkers.org) who do practice these traditions. I suggest starting there!

Peace~

Nathen

PrincessKLS

Unread post by PrincessKLS » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:41 pm

So I know she's a goddess of love and sexuality in the Norse culture but what elements, colors, etc would be associated with her?

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:43 pm

Hi PrincessKLS,

Since she is affiliated with love and fertility, Red would be a good color for her and I would petition her on Fridays.

Good luck.

MysticalNinja

Unread post by MysticalNinja » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:00 pm

I am still learning about Intranquility and Saint Muerte and their differences. I know that for Intranquility won't be the best solution if there is already contact with an ex. But what about Saint Muerte? If there is contact with an ex-can a person still work with her?

I have looked throughout the forum but couldn't find my answer
Thank you St. Ramon & St. Martha 4/2016
Thank you St. Expedite 3/2017

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:23 pm

Hello, MysticalNinja ,

yes, that's fine with Santisima Muerte

Take care and wishing you the very best
HRCC Graduate #1631

PizzaDeathWitch
Newly Registered

Unread post by PizzaDeathWitch » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:34 pm

Hello! First time poster, looking for information and some guidance.

So in the past several weeks/past month, I have been feeling the "spirit" of Autumn/Fall a little more intensely than I ever have before. I'm literally smelling, tasting, and feeling the Autumn sensations more vibrantly and deliberately. Specifically, it is Dia De Los Muertos that keeps coming to the forefront of my mind. I'm receiving a lot of imagery of that particular day and it's kind of exciting me in a new way.

Being Mexican, it's always been a part of my background and i've heard/learned the basic history behind it but my house hold in particular doesn't celebrate/venerate the holiday. Never got much in the way of hands on experience. Let alone any kind of ancestral honoring/work.

So far I've been receiving a lot of "signs" having to do with candles, Saints, dance, celebration, Mexican folk art, skulls, flowers, and mainly La Catrina. I've been told/read up on the social/cultural significance of El Catrin and La Catrina. It seems be more of a social commentary on the aristocracy of the Mexican culture during the time of its conception, something of a "culturally-commercial" folk character, with all due respect! And I can understand that part, but really, my question is: does it/can it go beyond that? Is there precedence in working with La Catrina in a spiritual sense?

Normally, I would interpret all this spiritual signage as a possible calling from La Santisima Muerte, and with all due love and respect, I don't get that it is Her in particular. La Catrina seems to be making herself known as her own aspect and/or entity. Is this possible? Anyone else have any information or guidance as far as any of this is concerned? Should I be considering this as a call to do ancestral work?

Hmmm.... Thank you for your time and patience!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:38 pm

Sorry, both La Santisima Muerte and La Catrina are features of Mexican folklore. This forum is for the discussion of African American (Black American) roots magic.

There are some people here who may be able to help you, but i would suggest that you ask your questions at a Spanish-language Mexican culture forum.
catherine yronwode

PizzaDeathWitch
Newly Registered

Unread post by PizzaDeathWitch » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:35 am

I gotcha, Thank you though! Much appreciated~

passionfruit_sky

Unread post by passionfruit_sky » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:49 am

who is a good saint and/angel to work with to break up a couple so that they dont get back together again & i dnt want the ex returned to me (the couple isnt married, there are no kids involved) ... also, who wld be good to call upon to cause a cheater from being able to have sex, get hard, nature destroyed, etc.? has anyone experienced in ramifications with working with st. expedite? i have read somewhere that some1 in your family will die/he will take away some1 in your family if you dont make his name known!
thank you God, archangel michael, st. raymond, st. joseph & ancestors for all of your help.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:22 pm

Hello, passionfruit_sky ,

No St Expedite is not the Saint for that type of work.

and, no, that isn't true about the death. Please don't post here any bologna that was taken from some other source.

Is this work justified? You would have to give a good reason for all of this.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

AJxoxo

Unread post by AJxoxo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:43 am

Hello all!

I am looking to maybe petition a saint for aid in my music career and I wanted to know if anyone had any information on working with Saint Cecilia. I understand that she is the proper saint to petition for singers. Thank you!

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”