Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lodestone and Magnetic Sand Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
silverpony
HRCC Student

Re: Lodestone and Magnetic Sand Questions and Answers

Unread post by silverpony » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:41 pm

Generally speaking, when a heterosexual is doing love work with lodestones they name the stone of the same gender of themselves for themself, and the stone of the opposite gender for the person of that gender they wish to attract.

BTW, since you are heterosexual, don't buy oil of Q. It isn't noted on the site, but oil of Q is for homosexual men.

yoopylucks

Unread post by yoopylucks » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:51 pm

thanks silverpony about the whole oil q thing and for responding

narcissanoir

Unread post by narcissanoir » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Hi everyone,
First i'd like to say that the amount of information available here is unreal...I LOVE IT! Now on to my question. Do lodestones come in colors? I have a spell I want to work on that mentions aquiring 2 blue lodestones...or do I color them?
Thanks

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:54 pm

Painted lodestones are available but not from Lucky Mojo curio co--you would need to buy regular matched lodestones and then paint them yourself. However, in my experience the color is an added but not necessary component to working with lodestones.

good luck,
Bri

MIN-LOD-BSM1
Lodestone, Small Single
$4.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

narcissanoir

Unread post by narcissanoir » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Thank you,
You are a GEM!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:20 pm

I have two medium LM lodestones, I have read how to distinguish the he from the she but these stones looks to be similar in shape and size etc. etc. Please help.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Female lodestones tend to be rounder looking and may have red flecks. Male lodestones tend to be more elongated and pointy.

good luck,
Bri

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:15 pm

I got it Bri, thanks. I called LM and got a similar response. Its amazing I ordered lodestones before I started ordering from LM and since being with LM I see all of the false items that I had. I am throwing things away as I go thorough them . I am so glad I found LM.

Houngan_Liam

Unread post by Houngan_Liam » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:25 pm

Supplementary Question: :)

I have two loadstones that I purchased at a reputable rock and mineral fair here in New Zealand. Problem is that they have lost their magnetic charge. I have placed them on a magnet and burried them in magnetic sand for the last 3 days and there is now a slight charge on the side that was sitting on the magnet but it's only very slight. Is there something that I can do to re-charge or re-magnatise them?

Thanks everyone! :)

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:09 am

Houngan_Liam

Nope, your lodestones have died, it happens eventually. Give them a respectful burial in your yard.
HRCC Student #1559

yoopylucks

Unread post by yoopylucks » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:45 pm

whats going on people how yal doing its been a while ive got my lodestone working but would like more spells on using it. Oh yes i read some were that the magnetic sand should be mixed with cinnamon for greater affects is this true or is this practiced in hoodoo yes please all people answer give me your best spells that i may try with my lodestone i have a nice big one already blessed well thanks oh yeah anyone know a good spell for the lottery lol i wanna win.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:17 pm

Shery2

Unread post by Shery2 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:47 pm

Hello all you great Hoodooers out there:
Question...I prepared a pretty large lodestone for money ritual (spell listed at LM website) anyways, Every night I would pray it the appropriate prayers, feed it magnetic sand, (someone told me I could also feed it cornmeal) and prepared it as described in LM. Lately I've been so busy that I neglected to feed it, (over 2 weeks) however, I do want to continue with the spells using Lodestones.
Could this same one be used in spells/rituals again? or do I need to purchase another and dispose of this one. If the same can be used, how do I go about doing that? It is still under my bed where no one has seen it or touch it.
What if I start to feed it again?... :?: please help. thank you :?
Shery

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:51 pm

If you want to use it for something new wash it off with whiskey. Keep in mind that when working with a lodestone you have to feed it if you want it to work for you.
HRCC Student #1559

Shery2

Unread post by Shery2 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:31 pm

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I would use it for the same purpose. (money spells).
so...that means I have to start the spell all over again?. thanks again

Shery

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:03 pm

Shery

I would yeah, by not feeding it and working it you killed the last spell
HRCC Student #1559

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:33 pm

For some reason, I thought you feed lodestones yearly...after the initial spell unless needed? For example...money or love

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:36 pm

jwmcclin

Well, if its in a mojo bag you might remake the bag once a year and wash and feed the stone(s) then. If you did a moving lodestone spell to draw love you might repeat the spell once a year to refresh it but, for a money drawing lodestone you feed it fairly often, mine gets fed at least once a week.
HRCC Student #1559

MaJiG_GarDen

Unread post by MaJiG_GarDen » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:36 am

has anyone had any sucess stories with lodestones??

pats

Unread post by pats » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Greetings!
I am new to this forum and to Hoodoo, but I have had much success with my first spell! (blessing spell kit) I am about to embark on my next spell (Look me Over, as described on the LM website) I ordered all of the supplies, and just have a couple of questions. I ordered a large lodestone for this spell, and was wondering about cleaning it with whiskey. Is it necessary to do this before you begin to work with a lodestone, or is this cleansing only necessary if your lodestone has been working on a spell, and you want to reprogram it to work on something else? Also, I have been looking around my apartment for a tray or small dish to keep my lodestone in, and had an idea of putting it in a seashell? It is the perfect size and shape (like a small dish) and really pretty. This probably is not in the Hoodoo tradition, but I like the idea, and am curious if this is acceptable, or if it might somehow interfere with my spell? Any feedback is much appreciated!

Pats

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:37 pm

Hello :)
pats wrote:I ordered a large lodestone for this spell, and was wondering about cleaning it with whiskey. Is it necessary to do this before you begin to work with a lodestone
It's nice to do so but I have just prayed over and anointed a lodestone and started a work with no ill results.
pats wrote:Also, I have been looking around my apartment for a tray or small dish to keep my lodestone in, and had an idea of putting it in a seashell?
I can't think of a single reason why a sea shell would make a bad dish for the lodestone and if it appease to you so much the better.

Good luck :D
HRCC Student #1559

yoopylucks

Unread post by yoopylucks » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:38 pm

lol im very aware of the spells on the lucky mojo site there a so many things on that site ive been viewing her site for years. Also i got a good book on lodestones by draja mickaharick . I was actually hoping for some tried spells that were proven effective already ive done some with succes now i would like some people who can tell me some of there own thank you in advanced take care

Chesireeyes

Unread post by Chesireeyes » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:25 pm

yoopylucks

All spells are "effective", but several factors determine just how effective a spell can be. Factors such as the experience, intent, and devotion of the spellcaster, the time in which a spell is performed, the ingredients used, etc. However, even with all the willpower, ingredients, and great timing, a spell could still theoretically "fail". The reason is simple: no matter how much we may desire something, it doesn't mean that it's always right for us, or that we're always going to get it.

If you find a spell that interests you, it won't hurt to try your hand at it. Just know that what may have worked for another person, may or may not work for you.

Hope that makes sense.

yoopylucks

Unread post by yoopylucks » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:59 am

chesireeyes hello how are you that is inded very true to the 'T'. Your speaking correcly that it may or may not be for that person great im with you so far. Now I see things that way as well so no worries on that im just curious about is there any other spells out there that i may try. After all if i dont try I wont know if its for me or not. Also I am asking for new spells with lodestones to see what is out there i want more in my arsenal thanks. So dare I ask again does anyone have any lodestone spells that they are willing to put up thank you and take care.

oceanmermaid

Unread post by oceanmermaid » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:14 pm

I have been using two loadstones and named them for myself and a guy I want. I have been feeding them with the magnetic sand and had them resting on my alter on top of a piece of paper with both our names and birthdays on it. Nothining is happening with this man, so I am feeling I am going to give up. If I pull them apart and dust off the sand, can I re-use stones for something different at a later time? or do I have to dispose of them?

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:40 am

No, you don't re-use the materials for another spell that's unrelated. You could use the pair of lodestones in a honey jar or a mojo if you're still working on the guy. But you don't use them for another purpose.
HRCC Graduate #1610

oceanmermaid

Unread post by oceanmermaid » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:44 am

cabriellenil

thank you for your help.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:10 am

cabriellenil

I think its fine to reuse them depending on what you plan on doing with them. But they are a matched set and have been used for love work so you might just want to dispose of them properly.
HRCC Student #1559

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:36 am

I would say that it depends on whether or not you are comfortable re-using them. If you do, make sure you thoroughly cleanse them first.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:04 pm

oceanmermaid, Hi there

I would bury both of your lodestones and here is why: Lodestones are considered ALIVE beings in Hoodoo. You "feed" them magnetic sand, you talk to them, if they are used for love you love on them. You train them to do what you want in the way you want it done. Now you have a matched pair of lodestones--its like having two kittens that have been together for a very long time, maybe since birth. If you have cats like this you know that when one dies the other one will go into deep mourning and sometimes just walk away never to be seen again. Your female lodestone is matched to this particular male lodestone. You have named them and worked with both of them together and you have named the male lodestone after the man you were pursuing. It did not work, so bury them together and then start out with a fresh new pair of lodestones. If you do not have a specific man in mind you can work the male lodestone under the idea of "my ideal partner" that way it will work with whoever comes into your life. And burying the lodestone couple is a nice ritual to do to help you let go of any remaining feelings you have about the guy/relationship.

good luck,
Bri

oceanmermaid

Unread post by oceanmermaid » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:00 pm

thank you so very much Bri. this really explains so much to me and so very useful!

zee_2

Unread post by zee_2 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:33 am

Hi,
I have a quick question about the use of lodestones:
In the website where they are discussed , cat mentions that magnetic dogs can also be used. Expanding on that idea is it ok to use basic magnets that are appropriately dressed?
I have a couple of very strong magnets that i once ordered for magickal work but have never used.
Any advice appreciated!
Zee

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:18 pm

If you're comfortable using them, sure, why not?

Mohammed

Unread post by Mohammed » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:11 pm

I have the Lavender Love spell kit. I would like to order another matched set of Male lodestones, but I only see male-female pairs for sale or singles on the website. Are male pairs available to purchase outside of the spell kit?

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:26 am

Just order the paired set, but specify in the comments box that you would like a male/male pair. Or call the shop. They'll be happy to help you out.

silver_disc

Unread post by silver_disc » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it's normal for lodestones to have uneven white patches on them. I ordered a pair from LM which were patchy, and as I was "exploring" the new mojo hand I'd received, also discovered that the lodestones inside were patchy as well.

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that lodestones are naturally black/grey in colour..

Thanks, and happy hoodooing! :D
Annabelle

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:27 am

SOlid grey, grey with rusty patches, and grey with streaks of white quartz matric are all found in magnetite, in part depending on the ource-mine or how the rocks were handled after mining.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:40 am

The ones I have ordered from them haven't had any white patches on them. Cold just be the recent batch I suppose.
HRCC Student #1559

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:24 am

I had a thought and was hoping to get some feedback from the hoodoo authorities here at LM...I am preparing to set up an altar for household prosperity utilizing a lodestone and trained money. I understand typically one doesn't allow anyone else to touch the lodestone; however, my husband is my partner in all things and I was wondering how it would play to allow him to also feed the lodestone and make it offerings of silver. (He has a lovely collection of silver and gold coins.) My instinct is that because the purpose of this altar is to benefit the entire household, this wouldn't be a bad idea...but I was hoping to get some input from some of you wonderful folks...
Thanks in advance -- I always learn so much from everyone here!
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

Bibi2

Unread post by Bibi2 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:56 am

Both my husband and I use our lodestone on our prosperity altar, and there hasn't been an issue yet. :)

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:10 pm

Thank you, Bibi. How often do you feed your lodestone? I was thinking each payday (twice monthly) we could feed it some magnetic sand and make an offering of silver while burning candles and incense. I'd love to hear how you go about your work since you report good results.

Additional feedback from other conjure workers regarding lodestones for ongoing prosperity work is much appreciated!
Psalm 121

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:05 pm

I would feed that lodestone at least once a week.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:57 pm

Thank you, Devi. Do you feel a certain day of the week to be more auspicious? I favor Sunday because that is the one day of the week we are both guaranteed to be home in the evening.
I have a feeling I will be the one who is more actively working with the stone (sort of like how I end up taking care of all the critters around here) -- will this imbalance be problematic, do you think? Or will the lodestone be content provided it receives feeding and attention on a regular basis from me, with my husband chiming in when the mood strikes him?
Also, is there a certain prayer you like to use? Is it necessary to conceal the lodestone or may I display it in a position of prominence on the prosperity altar?
I appreciate all who are kind enough to answer my many questions -- while I had read about lodestones I have never worked with one and am so pleased with the one I received in my Attraction spellkit. I am much obliged to those of you who have a true working knowledge of these wondrous curios for your willingness to share your know-how.
Thank you again for your replies, Bibi and Devi...I am eager to begin working with the lodestone; your responses have gone a long way toward giving me a sense of being ready to add the lodestone to my prosperity works.
Psalm 121

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:22 pm

I have a large 6lbs lodestone for my prosperity altar, and I just love it! It has a fantastic face on it, too, so it has real personality.

Wednesday/Mercury is good for getting in money quickly. Thursday/Jupiter is good for increasing overall wealth and prosperity for the long-haul. Friday/Venus is used alot in hoodoo because it is payday, if you're wanting luxury in your life, the Venus energy can be good for that aspect of wealth as well. Sunday/Sun is good for success/victory work, so you could attune your prosperity workings to the "success" vibe to really catch the planetary tide.

That being said, in hoodoo there isn't any particular emphasis on timing. Some workers use it and some don't. So if it doesn't appeal to you, you don't have to use it.

No particular prayer, though there are always psalms that are traditionally used for various purposes. You can use any prayer/affirmation you want, or just talk to the lodestone as if it's alive (because it is) and tell it what you want it to do and bring.

I don't conceal my prosperity altar, but if you have people around you that are very negative towards magical work, then you may want to put it somewhere it can be covered when needed so as not to have people thinking negative things towards it and your work.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:48 pm

Vielen dank, Devi! I so appreciate your response!
Since I am a Gemini and feel very attuned to Mercury I will do my part of the work on Wednesdays. My husband (Leo) may choose Sundays, but I suppose he will work with it as the spirits move him to...I believe this seems like an acceptable balance. I am hoping the lodestone will positively thrive under our combined minstrations. I gather the most important element is that the lodestone is regularly fed, properly cared for and given the role of trusted advisor/helpmeet.
Everyone in the household is very accepting of my religious/magickal practices; I enjoy privacy so I seldom invite guests into my home, so that should be a non-issue insofar as negativity. However, with that in mind, I will take care to display the lodestone in a way where it can be readily concealed in a respectful way.
To think, I've been talking to rocks since I was a kid, now I've actually got one that will want to hear what I have to say!
Psalm 121

Bibi2

Unread post by Bibi2 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:16 pm

CopperFox

I feed it once a week on sunday. Basically, I keep a green vigil candle dressed with the appropriate oils burning on my altar with a petition paper under it, and I make offerings and do spell work (if needed) on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays. I do the majority of the work, but, my husband will help out every so often. Good luck with your altar! I just love mine. :D

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:44 pm

Thanks, Bibi. I really appreciate the info and the well-wishes. I will let you know how it goes!
Do you work with St. Expedite for prosperity? I did a petition to him for the first time recently and have been amazed and delighted with the results. Suffice to say, I owe St. Expedite a pound cake and some roses! He and the lodestone will hold an esteemed position of prominence on my prosperity altar, for sure.

Thank you, Saint Expedite, for your generousity and swift action.
Psalm 121

Bibi2

Unread post by Bibi2 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:38 am

I haven't worked with him yet, but, it's something I may try in the future!

happilydysphoric

Unread post by happilydysphoric » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:54 am

I have a pair of lodestones that I'd like to anoint with my and my ex's sexual fluids. The problem is that I'm not exactly sure of how to do this. I've got his stuff dried up on a towel, should i just cut a piece of the towel and place the male lodestone on top of it? or is there a way someone would suggest to wet it possibly to get it actually on to the lodestone?

JayDee
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:47 pm

im no expert but id anoit it with oils and place his personal concern under the stone.
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

Mother Mystic
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mother Mystic » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Pour some of the anointing oil you'll be using on the dried stuff and rub it on the stone, then place the piece of towel under the stone.
Mother Mystic - Psychic Tarot Reader, Spiritual Worker, Minister

MadameKoiteh

Unread post by MadameKoiteh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:09 am

That lodestone ritual sounds good. I think I'll get one, too. So far, I have only ever used them small, in my bags and boxes for love and money, but how happy will that lodestone spirit be--- sitting big and fat on its own altar!!!That's great.

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi there, MadameKoiteh, pleased to meet you.

The lodestone is currently residing atop trained money on a large crystal platter along with an orange distlefink shaped bank and a green dish filled with fenungreek seeds and other money-drawing roots. At this altar I am also working with St. Expedite and have his flowers, cake and wine out as an offering right now. Most days I burn green 4" candles dressed with LM's attraction oil, but on Wednesdays I'm burning a red votive for St. Expedite. The altar is located in the main part of the house, on a bar dividing the kitchen and living room and receives devotions daily. Since beginning this work I have made considerable gains in my cash flow. For anyone looking to get started with this type of work, I highly recommend the Attraction spellkit as mine included a very nice lodestone and everything needed to begin attracting one's desires.
Psalm 121

Deejay
Newly Registered

Unread post by Deejay » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:39 pm

I do admit, I am a complete novice. It is wonderful that these forums are here to get experienced guidance and input.

Back to the reason for the post. Can a lodestone spell be "reset"? Or even "amended"? I do admit, petition papers give me fits of frustration to a degree.

I have noticed in my recent readings that rootwork is flexible in many ways.

Thanks in advance! :)

DeeJay

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Do you want to repurpose the lodestone -- say from money work to love? Or are you looking to simply change the specifics of your request, i.e. from a certain sum or money to attracting a long-term source of income?

The idea behind the lodestone spirit is that it is inherently attractive/magnetic and provided that you feed it and tell it what you want, it will work for you.

The petition paper is not tremendously important here, moreso your spoken intent to the lodestone and if at all possible, putting it in physical contact with what it is you wish to attract. (For example, money to draw money or a photo/name paper of a particular person.)

The general consenus among rootworkers seems to be, yes, if you properly cleanse the lodestone you can repurpose it for another type of working. It does take some effort.

However, if you simply wish to modify your original intent, you should be able to go the route of feeding the lodestone and making a heartfelt petition to the spirit residing in the stone as to what your needs are now.
I hope this information is useful to you.

Good luck,
Michelle
Psalm 121

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:31 pm

If lodestones were used for love which mean they are paired...you should keep them for that purpose.

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:50 pm

Wash them with whiskey if you want to reuse them.

Mary
HRCC Graduate Apprentice #0721GA

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:06 am

Some people build a rapport with the spirit of the stone so that due to the strong relationship they can be used in various works.

Like Mary said, you want to wash them before you use them in another working. You can use whiskey to cleanse the stones.
ConjureMan - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:22 am

Hello, Friends.

I recently had an experience with my lodestone that I'd like to share and learn if anyone here has had or heard of anything similar. I am prone to migraine headaches and a few weeks ago felt a bad one coming on as I was doing some research. I should have immediately taken some medicine and laid down, but I was engrossed in what I was studying and kept at it until the warning signs developed into a full blown migraine. It hit me so hard that I couldn't conceive of walking from the living room to the kitchen to take some medicine; instead I lay down on the couch, the pain getting worse with each heartbeat. (For anyone who has never had a migraine imagine: someone just rammed a railroad spike into your brain -- now they're heating it with a blow torch...bad, bad stuff, folks.)

My living room and kitchen are separated by a bar, where I do a great deal of my "household magicks." My prosperity altar is set up there, along with my money drawing lodestone. As I lay on the couch, barely able to think, the notion of that lodestone came into my mind and an old chant I learned from my Momaw when I was little...Flesh, blood, nerve, bone, No more pain than in a stone. In my mind, that chant raced 'round and 'round and I thought as hard as my aching brain could, "Lodestone, draw this pain away from me." Within 3-5 minutes the most peculiar thing happened. It felt as if a string of pain were attached to the top of my scalp and I could feel it being drawn out. The sensation was so vivid I was sure that if I reached up to the top of my head I would be able to physically touch the string -- but I didn't, I lay still and concentrated on the chant and letting the lodestone draw the pain. The sensation did not last long, probably less than 45 seconds, but the relief was immediate and wonderful. My head still hurt somewhat, but I was able to get up and go into the kitchen, take the appropriate medicine and go to bed. Before I did, I thanked the lodestone and promised it I would cleanse and feed it as soon as I was fully well.

As as side note, I did cleanse the stone, reannointed and fed it and set it upon a pile of cash to remind it of its intended purpose. But I wonder if that stone in particular doesn't want to draw money so much as it would like to be a healer. I am temtped to get another stone for money work and let that one be for healing works...I have noticed a decline in the effectiveness of my ongoing prosperity conjure, but that may simply be due to the cyclical nature of cash flow.

Now my question is -- has anyone has a similar experience or regularly use a lodestone in healing works? Please share your personal experiences or pass on stories you may have heard from others.

Take care,
Michelle
Psalm 121

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:58 am

I have heard of something like this once before.

A woman would heal people by placing a large lodestone in red bag and draw it over a persons body to draw off the sickness and pain, afterward she'd wash the stone with whiskey.
HRCC Student #1559

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”