Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Petition Papers and Name Papers Questions and Answers

How to select, dress, fix, empower, and employ Lucky Mojo magical amulets, charms, seals, papers, talismans, and jewelry.
HeactesHeart

Re: Petition Papers and Name Papers Questions and Answers

Unread post by HeactesHeart » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi, Just wondering if the color of the petiton ink needs to correspond with the color of the candle or intention of the work.
Thanks,
Coco

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:53 pm

HeactesHeart

It doesn't have to do either of those. I usually just use black ink when I use ink, truthfully I almost always use a pencil with the eraser removed.
HRCC Student #1559

vinavin21

Unread post by vinavin21 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:14 pm

i normally write mine 9 times with there name first mine on top then what I want that person to do on top of that. Thats how my grandmother should me how to do it. I never had any problems because it always worked that way and I always see the results of what I write. But everybody has there way of doing it. Happy Hoodoing :-)

Brida

Unread post by Brida » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:42 pm

Thank you all for the posts.

May I tape my petitions to the bottom of the glass encased vigil candles? Just to make them stick, and also a great way to keep it private. So as to to not have paper sticking out from the sides of the glass, and nosy guests picking up the candles out of curiosity.

Please advise.
"You can't fish on dry land." - My Momma.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:51 am

Brida,
Yes you can stick them with tape at the bottom of the candles. Also, you can only use the same petition if it is for the SAME intentions.

Coco-
You do not have to use write in the same ink for the color correspondences. BUT if you feel inclined to do so you can. I know that there are a few spells that ask to use color ink when doing the spell. I do not see the harm in doing so, but if you can only find black then that will work just find.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

HeactesHeart

Unread post by HeactesHeart » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:19 am

Thank you StarsintheSky,

As a novice may I ask what are the best energies or deities to invoke?
I mostly call upon my Spirit, ancestor's, angels, Quan Yin,and Hecate. I do include offering of the things they would like. Dose anyone have any other suggestion? Thank You .

Bight Blessings,
Coco

preppieroots
HRCC Student

Unread post by preppieroots » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:08 am

Hi,

I have done searches here on the forum as well as in Cat's online resource book, but am not having any luck finding the specific details I need.

When you write your desire/wish/petition for a Mojo Hand, do you need to do so without lifting your pen/pencil from the paper as you write? (this is what I did read pertaining to petition papers for a honey jar, and I am wanting to fix this bag properly, so I wanted to make sure about these details) In the instructions that accompanied my Mojo bag, it was not specifically mentioned, it only said to "write your desire...."

Sorry if I am over thinking this one, but I really want to do this correctly, as the Mojo Bag was so clearly made with absolute attention to detail, I do not want my part of it to be any less thorough.

Thank you for any help you may wish to give!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1530

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:27 am

HeactesHeart

Hoodoo is a Christian folk magic system, that why we use Bible passages and prayers. The angles and the Saints are called on along with asking God and Jesus for help.Hecate and other pagan entity's don't have a place in it. The ancestors are also of very great help. Remember that no matter who you petition it is ultimately God's call on whether or not it works. Go to your ancestors.
HRCC Student #1559

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:32 pm

preppieroots

The petition that you are describing (where you write your wish/demand in a circle without lifting your pen) is specific to a honey jar family type spell: http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

If you purchased a Lucky Mojo mojo bag then you can follow the instructions to a T--if it states simply write your desire then write you desire, the extra step of the circle is not required.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

preppieroots
HRCC Student

Unread post by preppieroots » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Thank you, Bri!! Your explanation is very helpful. (over thinking a thing never helps!)
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1530

vinavin21

Unread post by vinavin21 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:24 pm

That is so true HailDiscordia... Because I know I've done certain spells and they didn't work because it wasn't the right time and God didn't want it to happen.

Brida

Unread post by Brida » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:14 pm

Ameen to that! We do our part, and the blessing is up to God.

Never give up, and never stop reaching for those stars!!!
"You can't fish on dry land." - My Momma.

HeactesHeart

Unread post by HeactesHeart » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:13 am

Dear HailDiscordia,

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I do believe that Gods will is above All. That even if things are truely difficult and we pray and petition it dose not mean we will get what we want. God is not Santa Clause.
Yet, the power of that prayer ,the fact that we do go to God,
is loved by God. Loved, because when we go to him in prayer and praise
he see's us in our need and rejoiced that we turn to HIm.
I know He hears us with Mercy and Kindness and even when the answer to our prayer is 'no' ; the kindness and the mercy is ever present.
Maybe that is the Big Picture,go through the day and greet everyone with Kindness and Mercy, as if we were Gods own Ambassadores on a mission to creat something beautiful Today.

Blessings,
Coco

HeactesHeart

Unread post by HeactesHeart » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:25 am

P.S.
My connection to Hecate is to honor my Ancestor Lydia Gilbert who was hung for witchcraft in 1645.

http://womenhistory.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... lbert.html

Love and blessing,

Coco

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:22 am

Here's a cool trick. Carefully peel off the label from an appropriate LM product and write your petition on the back.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:57 pm

Its a cute one,lol.
HRCC Student #1559

Daytona12

Unread post by Daytona12 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:48 pm

Any help would be nice. I'm having a hard time coming up with a petition for a come to me and an attraction for my candle through Lm any suggestion on how to create something that would say man that was a really good petition?

Thank you

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:00 pm

If you are petitioning someone to 'come to you' just 'write that' and 'be attracted to me and me only.' This is your petition or am I guessing here in terms of what you are asking?
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:34 am

Be simple and direct and state what you want. If you're going to repeat it as mantra, make it assonate and resonate.

"Come to me, be with me," is about as simple as you get.

justaskingtoknow

Unread post by justaskingtoknow » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:51 pm

What if you know someone's real name but there's a nickname that they have, that you associate with them very much, is it alright to use it too? Like say you put their real name and maybe underneath you put their nickname in quotations, is that alright??

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:30 pm

I'd use whatever name you call them.

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:57 pm

Using the full given name is traditional but since you strongly associate with the other name, I would use both. If you are using the name in a spoken chant/petition of any sort, I would again use both...names have power ;)
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

zee_2

Unread post by zee_2 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:44 am

I have read the relevant pages on HITAP and on the forums but not sure about this :?
When i burn my candles i put the petition paper under them, ie i stand the candle on them...when the candle burns down it burns the petition also with it?
Is this correct? and then its ok to bury the ashes of these papers near our home if the work was of a positive nature: money, love getting etc, and at a cross roads if of a negative nature; separation, etc.
in doing my steady work spell i light a candle and put a paper with my interviewers name and then my name over theirs (9x each at right angles), dress candle with steady work and leave it lit when i go nt he interview...when icome back usually the paper is charred as the candle has burnt down by that time..am i doing it right

Please someone comment as I would like to be sure I am doing my spells right...i am doing it as i have described it above! :?

also is a name paper the same as a petition paper?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:48 am

Usually the petition is under a small overturned saucer or plate. Burning the candle directly on top of a piece of paper isn't very safe.
HRCC Student #1559

zee_2

Unread post by zee_2 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 am

Thanks haildiscordia... I do so appreciate the prompt responses! :D

So its not necessary or needed to get the paper burnt ?
I also thought it was not too safe but i would leave my candle in the sink etc for safety's sake...
my follow up questions :
1.its not 'wrong' or incorrect in terms of doing correct spell working if the paper did get burnt ?
and
2.if the paper is not burnt then we use the same paper again for the next day's petition?

thanks!

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:33 pm

1. It isn't wrong.
2. Yes, you can use it again if you're continuing to work for the same purpose.

I usually stand small candles in a teeny little bottle full of approprite herbs, and put this on top of my petition paper. then, once the candle has burnt down, I fold the petition paper and place it in the bottle along with the wax drippings from the candle. Then I seal the bottle. You can then carry this with you and work it when you need to, and disposal of the bottle is easy when you no longer need it.

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:04 pm

An idea for those with concerns about candle safety -- I picked up a few 12" ceramic tiles at a home improvement center and burn my candles atop these. My petition paper goes beneath the tile where it stays safe from fire and prying eyes -- if I am subtle it looks like I'm just burning a candle with maybe a little bowl of "potpourri" beside it. Also my table top/altar is protected from the heat and I worry less about leaving the candle as I go about my business. You could burn LM's novena candles atop a tile like this and it would keep your work surface cool even when the candle burns low and the glass becomes hot.
Now that I am incorporating more hoodoo techniques into my work I am also thinking of making the five-spot atop the tile in herbs, salt or annointing oils -- I read a few interesting spells on the LM pages that spoke of the five spot being used in spellwork and that sounds like a way to do it without clearing the room of furniture!
Psalm 121

stelselv

Unread post by stelselv » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:04 am

I love this idea, COPPERFOX , you are very creative... I will try this method immediately..... :roll:

just one question... what if I am burning a break up candle, doesn't the rival's name have to be burnt too? I lighted a break up candle in august. wrote their names on a paper.. wax dripped on my BF's name was burnt first and clean, the rival's name was last to be burnt on the 9th day.....it was burnt very clean, no wax was left... After disposing the nails only.... now I hear the she is looking for varieties elsewhere.... :mrgreen:

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:27 am

SteLSeLV --
Glad you like the tile idea. I believe it is traditional in hoodoo when doing banishing type work to burn the target's name paper. Probably someone with a stronger hoodoo background will answer that definitively for you or you can check the LM spells archive and look for a comparable spell.
When you say:
the rival's name was last to be burnt on the 9th day.....it was burnt very clean, no wax was left... After disposing the nails only.... now I hear the she is looking for varieties elsewhere....
I take that to mean your spell was successful in terminating her attention toward your BF? If you don't care to elaborate, I'm curious as to the outcome of this working.
Have a happy Halloween!
Psalm 121

stelselv

Unread post by stelselv » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:06 am

thank you Copperfox, :lol:

My case is different, the rival did alot of terrible work to me... I was going crazy (real crazy) for the past 10 months not knowing whether I should give up or get my BF back... but my main concern is REVERSING back to her, I don't care so much for my BF whether he comes back :D or not, as he is stuck with her under her spell... however, she cheating on my BF, while he is oblivious, gives me pleasure..........

I just started, still have alot to learn to perfect my skills. I did a few other things like 2 break up jars, the first one actually cracked just before I was leaving for the river to float it (4 weeks ago). But i feel that the spell works faster when the jar gets floated away..... ;)
thanks for asking

happy hallowen to you too :mrgreen:

kjpreistess

Unread post by kjpreistess » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:55 am

use both names real name is authentic and is always used in hoodoo

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:04 pm

There is, of course, plenty of power in using someone's full legal name. However, I've done some effective work using Internet names, especially when I didn't have the legal name. People usually put a lot of effort into making their Internet name unique, so that makes it an effective "marker" for the person.
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:22 pm

That is interesting, MissMichaele. There are lots of people who don't really feel at home with their given names and who probably do identify moreso with nicknames and screen names. It stands to reasons we would tend to name ourselves for who/what/how we want to be. Makes sense...I have a heap of reasons for calling myself CopperFox. No one in my day to day life refers to me as such but for all intents and purposes it is a part of my unique name/identity.
Great idea for those of us working in the online buying/selling community or even setting out to protect ourselves from unsavory folks like plagarists, bullies and slanderous types.
Psalm 121

justaskingtoknow

Unread post by justaskingtoknow » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:20 pm

thanks to all for replying!
yes this girl identifies herself with this screename and she's been having it for a loooong time, she even has a "trademark" symbol next to it!

Anyway, when doing spellwork, should you use their birth date too??

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:56 pm

Yes, use their birthdate if you know it. You can also use their zodiac sign. For zodiac symbols, look up LM zodiac oils, incense, powders, etc.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:00 pm

The closer the name is to who the person is, the better your link to them: legal name, maiden name plus married name, nicknames, date of birth, zodiac sign -- all are good. Back in the old days, around the first century CE, it was common to also name the parents, in order to make sure you had the right person. This was usually given as Name Son of Name for a man and Name Daughter of Name for a woman. And, finally, there are personal physical links -- which are even stronger thaan names.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

csrs2

Unread post by csrs2 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:28 pm

How should a person arrange a name paper for a break spell bottle? In what format?

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:55 pm

Write the names next to each other on a paper, then tear it apart so their names are on seperate pieces. Literally tearing them apart.

hoodoo curious

Unread post by hoodoo curious » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:11 am

I've been lighting break-up candles for a pair and just found out I was putting the wrong last name for hers... do you think an incorrect last name could have an effect on the break-up candle?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:14 am

Well it might work but probably not fully out if it is not her last name at all. So I would finish this spell up, and repeat.

hoodoo curious

Unread post by hoodoo curious » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:41 am

Thank you... maybe that's why my efforts haven't been fully working...

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:52 pm

Yeah, you want to finish and repeat. In your mind you know exactly who you want to hit with the spell so somethings bound to reach that person, but to create a proper link you want proper information. Sometimes just the first name is enough to work conjure, but now that you know that the last name is wrong doubt has been introduced so make sure to repeat the conjure.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

hoodoo curious

Unread post by hoodoo curious » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:25 pm

Thank you ConjureMan... I have the proper last now... but I have pictures of her and him I have near the candle so I do feel something reached them... I have a feeling it's going to work better now that I have her real last name.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Good. Keep faith and your confidence up :-). Tell us how it goes. Good luck.

hoodoo curious

Unread post by hoodoo curious » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Thank you... :) I think keeping confidence is important... I will keep you all updated.

sunshinelady

Unread post by sunshinelady » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:03 pm

What would be the outcome if i put the semen of the person i'm working on and my menstrual blood on the petition ?

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Semen and menstrual blood are possibly the two most powerful personal concerns you can use. If you have the opportunity, give your target some of the menstrual blood in his food/drink. Also, see the webpagesposts regarding honey jars for simple and effective ways to sweeten up your lover. Good luck.
Psalm 121

dream

Unread post by dream » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:35 am

hi everyone,

this might sound silly but i really need to know....... when doin a love spell & u have to write ur name & ur lovers name, what happens if u have a nickname by which u are mostly known by? do u write that name instead of ur real proper name? coz this guy i like only knows me by my nickname not my proper name on my ID/ passport. does it make a difference? thanks.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:37 am

If you want to use the nick, I would use it WITH your legal name. Then match that with his nick WITH his legal name.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

dream

Unread post by dream » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:52 am

yeah i also thought of that, but when doin a honey jar, would u put ur 1st name, nick, then surname? & the cross it with his name & surname? he doesnt have a nick.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:20 am

I would probably put my legal name with the nick tagged onto the end. I mean, the name is there to taglock you onto a certain person, so you can just use the legal names. That will get the energy where it needs to go. Now if you're working a penis candle or skull candle on him, then I would use the name he knows you by when speaking your intent to those items. But for the honey jar, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

detached

Unread post by detached » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:57 am

2 all i wanted 2 kno how do "you" write out ur petitions 4 ur candle work? and do u all place them under ur candles?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:30 am

I write my petition in one short, concise sentance a number of times that corresponds to the type of work - usually 7 or 9, though sometimes 3 is fine. Then I cross that with my name, or whoever I am working for. I dress the paper in a 5=spot pattern with condition oil and then place that under the candle. Sometimes I will add a sprinkle of corresponding herbs, or a personal concern and fold the petition paper around that before putting it under the candle.

detached

Unread post by detached » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:50 am

o ok cuz when i do my petitions i sign it with my signature at the bottom.

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:04 pm

I have a general question too, so I figured I'll post it here. What is the difference between name and petition paper? Up to now I thought it was the same thing.
I know petition is a request, does it mean you dont write request on a name paper but just names? Do u cross names on both papers?
Thank you ahead!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:10 pm

A petition is a request...a written request of what you want to happen. For example, Suzy will feel restless until she comes back to me...she may never find rest, sleep or peace again." Now a name paper is simply the targets name crossed by what you want them to do. So suzy jones written however many times crossed by "come back to Joe" now that is a name paper. A name paper could also be suzy jones however many times and then crossed by joe johnson.

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:51 pm

Sounds like same thing to me. In your example "come back to Joe" sounds like a request as well. Sorry, if Im being a pain... Im just trying to understand the difference.

When we cross our name with other person's name, and a write request in a circle around it - is it name or petition paper? What is the difference?

GoddessMojo

Unread post by GoddessMojo » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:09 pm

I am wondering if skyme714 isn't talking about the use of a name paper for a personal concern when no other is available- I recall reading some spells which say to use a name paper for yourself and for the target. Like the simple commanding spell of a person's name paper in your shoe, which you tap as you command them. Is this as a petition or as a personal concern?

Are there circumstances where you want both a name paper and a petition?

I understand a petition is almost always used but have been curious about the specifics on how/when a name paper is traditionally used.
Thank you Saint Martha for hearing my petition and for your ongoing good works for myself and others.

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Thank you Goddess, that exactly what I was trying to find out! You put it better :)

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:43 pm

A name paper is when you have the person's name crossed with a command or with your own name. Now, you can combine a name-paper and petition by creating the same crossed form but then surrounding it with your petition in a circle. In this instance it becomes namepaper with a petition. Think of it this way: in a namepaper you are working on that person's name. You are crossing it, surrounding it to create an influence on that person. In a petition you are basically making a prayer or request in written form. A name paper may be used as a personal concern, but if it has a petition/command written around it or crossing it then it is a name paper and petition.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Amulets, Charms, Seals, Papers, and Jewelry in Hoodoo”