Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by Flamethrower » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:16 pm

I feel quite good about this :)

I'm doing a few jar spells including a honey jar and a vinegar jar. I've had mostly clean burns with the honey jar, and any small bits of remaining wax usually burns away with the next candle burn. However, I had about a 1/2 - 3/4 inch of black wax remaining on my vinegar jar with a few tears on the sides accrued over the last few weeks. Today, I lit the usual 4" black candle on the vinegar jar, and the flame burned away ALL the wax on top of the jar with only the tears on the side remaining!

Usually, the 4" candles extinguish after 2 -3 hours or so, but the black candle stayed lit for more than 6 hours while it was burning away the other wax. The way I see it, this is a good thing since today's candle burned away most of the evidence of any problems with my vinegar jar. Thoughts from the LM forum?

I had reading a few days ago regarding my work (all fine), so I don't plan on having another one until my work is finished.

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:55 pm

The 4" candles are meant to last anywhere from 1.5 hours to 2 hours. While it is a good sign that it cleared out all the wax, such a long burn for a candle that is small may mean that you have some work to do ahead of you. Nevertheless, the overall result will be good as it clears out all the baggage. Such interpretations are subjective and can't be done accurately unless the wax is observed properly. The plan of getting another reading done when you are done with yoru work is a great idea. Just keep those candles burning!
ConjureMan - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:27 am

I agree with Conjureman (as always lol). Ive noticed when I burn sweet jars sometimes the flame stays high because there is some oil or old ash, or an old wick from the previous candle. But I agree overall I think its a great sign for both your jars, and you should continue shaking the hell out of the vinegar jar. ;)

Keep us posted on your results.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:57 pm

My Candle Split In Half Down The Middle While Burning. It is now a half of a candle that is burning as if it doesn't need the other half. What kind of sign is this?
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:01 pm

By the way, the candle is a red 4" black cat brand.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:07 pm

What was the purpose of the candle maduro01?
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:08 pm

jwmcclin

It is part of my honey jar spell for another man (I am a male) to love me? The red candle was on top of the jar.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:32 pm

Well I am going to assume that you cleanse your candle before you used it. Now I recommend that you get a reading about these such things as we can only speculate what this means to your situation, but to me this is not a good sign. Now we can take it literally that the target is split in half about you, or there is someone coming in between you can him. Perhaps you might have a rival in getting this man. Get a reading.

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:05 am

i did this ritual for new year and i want to know about the sings on my candle, i burned 4 candles, one for clarity , one for road opener , on for success and the last one for abundance. the one for abundance burned just in one hour, the one for road opener left a lot of wax in one side and about 2" of the candle, the clarity and success when out without any wax left.the candles was 8", so ,can somebody tell me what that mean?

Mother Mystic
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mother Mystic » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:50 am

Candle wax divination is best done through pictures but from the description I'd say some abundance is coming fast but won't last long and you have more work to do with obstacles in your path. Usually when there is no wax left, it's interpreted that your request was taken completely by Spirit and the answer will be positive. You should be able to see those obstacles since the clarity and success candles burned so well.
Mother Mystic - Psychic Tarot Reader, Spiritual Worker, Minister

IBMagnet

Unread post by IBMagnet » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:39 pm

I have been burning candles on a honey jar for a couple of days and the wax looked like stacked up flowers or tears... not sure. After I did my cleasing this morning and cleared the house as well. I decided to burn again on the honey jar. It not only burned old wax but it ran on three sides of the jar. The extreme sides are just unremarkable smooth oval shapes the center is definitely a heart. My interest hasn't called though or texted for wishes on the new year. Neither will I. St martha, I am still working. This really will be the last ditched effort.

I lit a purple candle this morning for personal success in the new year. I put the necesary oil and said "crown my work with success". I am still shaky about incantations. It feels quite robotic to me. Any particular spirit/entity I should address when I address the candle? Sometimes I say god, at times i say goddess, other times i say spirit of flame/smoke. I feel odd but I say it with enthusiasm. I'd like to do better of course, I am simply not religious. I hope to grow spiritually, though.

In one month, I have learned so much from this forum but it is a lot of information I have to work with while still figuring out what I'd be willing to belive in.

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:30 pm

You don't necessarily have to address anything. Some people like to speak directly to the Spirit, other's call on God. Its not unusual to hear things like "As God as my Defender" or similiar sentiments. Nevertheless, there is no strict rules about *who* you have to address. Instead, focus on translating your feelings, your desires into words. If you really want someone to call you, let that fill you up, practically hear the phone ring, then speak from the heart. "May so and so burn with yearning to hear my voice, as I yearn to hear hers/his. May they run to the phone and rush to call me." Something as simple as this may work just as well. The idea is that they words are suppose to represent what you want to happen from deep within.

HeactesHeart

Unread post by HeactesHeart » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:37 am

Dear Conjureman,

Do you think I could burn a skull candle on top of my Honey jar? Just at night to send the target a message? Any ideas on this?
Colors,dressings herbs or oils, maybe Bees Wax Skull Candle for sweet thoughts?
Thank you and Happy New Year.

Coco

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:31 pm

You could burn it on top of your honey jar but be prepared for a lot of residue ;-). Skull candles burn with lots wax. You can work a separate conjure that involves using a red skull candle (LM has great skull candles) that's been anointed with Fires of Love, Follow me Boy, Come to Me and herbs like Catnip, Juniper, Ginger, and Cardamon to get the heat you seek. Write the thoughts passionate thoughts you want on the skull and let it burn while you make your petition.

You might try changing the sweet wording you are using with your doll baby and other conjure to more passionate things to get the heat going.

happilydysphoric

Unread post by happilydysphoric » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:23 am

You mentioned that you don't plan on contacting your target. In my experience I find that even all the tricks in the book need a little real world action to get moving. I don't know your situation and you certainly don't want to contact this guy so much that he wants to chuck his cell phone out the window, but a simple "Happy New Year" text from you might open up the lines of communication. Just a suggestion. Good luck!

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:32 pm

Without stating my problem not to spoil the result - I burn candles to see if I get a clean burn or any "tears", I get clean burns, but with a little bit wax left on the plate (0.2 inch). My question is: Clean burn - does it mean the spell is working, is it going to happen what I wish for? Or can it be a clean burn but with zero result anyway? Thank you. It is very important to me.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:10 pm

It means that the energy of your intent is not coming up against any particular obstacles. It doesn't mean that the spell will end up being successful, just that there aren't any extenuating circumstances that are causing any obstructions or delays.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:54 am

Yes, possibly. I've had vigils set at LM that said 'clean burn, you're likely to get your wish' but the results turned out to be zero. In my own work I've had clean burns, promising signs, etc. but things ended up fairly dismal. Some candles just burn clean, or the prospects are good at that moment. Then other things can happen after you're done with the candle work, or you need to be doing more consistent work on your issue to see results. You'd need divination.
HRCC Graduate #1610

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:25 am

A clean burn is part of the story. You can have a very clean burning candle that had to be lit a hundred times before it stayed lit--that indicates that there are lots of initial barriers in the way of your desire but that eventually things may work out, or you can have a clean burn with some candle wax left at the bottom, indicating that further work should be done. And clean burns can be deceptive--just because there isn't black soot along the glass side of the candle that doesn't necessarily mean it burned clean. There may be areas of lighter and darker hue, debris, or shapes in left over wax and debris that give you a clue about what to expect. This is why its an excellent idea to have a professional candle reader (like the ones at Missionary Independent or AIRR) light candles for you from time to time. They light hundreds of them and know what to look for. With that said, setting your own lights is an awesome way to learn!
good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:46 pm

There is work to be done since wax still remains ...read LMs site regarding remaining wax
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsB3

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Depends on what the work is for, the context, and really a reading is needed for wax divinations. They are subjective and a person needs to see either the picture or be there.

Generally, unfinished wax means that there is more work to be done. When its on one side, it indicates a one-sided or half-hearted nature. If you are doing reconciliation work then it might mean that you are the only one making any effort and that other person is divorced for the process. That's just one example.

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:24 pm

You're not suppose to talk to your work in general. Especially with a lot of people. Sometimes there are confidants, teachers, and collegues that you can confide into who can either give you advice, guide you, or work on your behalf, but generally talking about your work is a no-no. This is why we always recommend a reading if you want to interpret the candle wax.

My best recommendation is to ignore candle wax unless you are well-versed in ceromancy or are learning it. I often find it leads most people to overthinking the spell, unless they know what they are looking for. If there is something that really stands out then have a reader look at it, or just do a full reading.

Trust your work. If you are confident about it then no matter which way the wax dripped you'll succeed ;-).

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:32 am

I agree with ConjureMan 'trust your work' and don't over analyze every thing.

Ladyp

Unread post by Ladyp » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:44 pm

I am also wondering what's the meaning of the candle drops....like flamethrower said...they look like real oval shaped and smooth like pearls with a heart in the middle. I burned a white candle asking for blessing and protection for me and my boys as I am on my own now with them and believe the woman their dad has gone with is doing things.

How do you "read" the candle drops?

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Thank you in advance for analyzing my first burn :)

I'd upload the image, but because I'm unable to do so, I'll try to explain what happened.

In a baby food jar, I wanted to create one where I attract prosperity, loyal friends, luck and love. so I used LM Oils (John the Conqueror oil, Crown of Success oil and crystals, Attraction oil and schet powder, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and honey)

I then took a yellow (with white stripes) birthday candle, which was probably 6 mm in diameter and burnt it on top of the jar reciting psalm 23 over and over. what a nice powerful cleansing feeling it did give me:)

when I burnt it, it burnt all the way down, but as the wick was falling down, it fell into forming a pretzel knot. there were lil remains of white wax left. this is only my first attempt, but what does it signify?

hmmm

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:01 pm

Wicks often form unusual images when they burn down. Its usually just how the wicks were made and how long they got while burnt.

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:07 pm

thanks for the info guys, so let me get this straight, the wick was pretty long, and the wax was light. so that probably means more work to do? and a shorter wick is better than a longer wick?

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Mimiso,

I'm pretty sure the other posters meant to convey that the wick ending up like it did is not uncommon and usually not taken into consideration when reading the wax. It's very hard to interpret candle wax from someone else's description and is really better for you to determine what the wax may or may not indicate. Unless I see something very obvious, I tend not to think too hard about leftover wax.

Some signs you may see in the leftover wax: round coin-like shapes (may indicate money); heart shapes (regarded a positive signs during love work); running wax "tears" (thought to indicated that before condition is resolved tears will be shed, also can be regarded as "blood, sweat, tears" required to overcome an obstacle). A candle that has burned cleanly is regarded as a favorable start to the work. A candle that will not stay lit may indicate resistance to your efforts.

As you can see, there are many factors involved in reading wax and all are highly subjective. As a beginner, I would suggest you observe your wax, but not pour too much thought into it, lest you fall into the trap of obsessing over your work. Stay positive and wait for your conjure to manifest...Ms. Cat says: 3 days for a sign, 3 weeks for movement, 3 months to fruition.

Good luck with your work,

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Thanks so much Michelle, That gives me a better idea. it was a light coin shape :) I hope you're having an amazing wkend

hoodooTom
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by hoodooTom » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:38 pm

Since My wife has left I've had a red 7 day candle with an attraction oil on it because that's all I have until my order comes..The first candle had quite a bit of wax on one side of the candle. Every candle since then there has been 3 more plus the 1 that is going right now have all been perfectly clear, not a mark on them through the whole burn and then when its almost done the flame at the end take a while to go out and there is nothing left in the candle and then it slightly smokes up the glass casing? 4 candles with the same exact burn.

Any ideas what that could mean???

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:18 pm

I would get a reading and have them interpret this for you, and see if you work is actually hitting your wife. That way its particular to your case. I would say there were obstacles at first, and then they have since cleared.

IBMagnet

Unread post by IBMagnet » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi, got a question. I re-lit today a glass-encaged vigil candle i burned for St Martha last tuesday, right before I went to work. I figured i'd add oil and herbs again as it has been one week since he last burn. I returned from work and found the candle extinguished. There was a lot of black soot stains around the mouth of the candle. It looked like the candle barely burned, like maybe it extinguished not too long after it was lit. As I examined the soot, I saw some wax had collected outside the vigil candle....perplexed, I looked closer and noticed that the mouth of the glass was severed, like st martha blew her top or something. I lifted the glass and the mouth came clean off.

This was candle I was burning for job/debt protection with my picture taped to the glass and a petition with my hair inside the wax.

I had used lemongrass oil, cinamon, clove, allspice, success oil, chamomille --> Those spices focused on stop gossip, protection,luck and control over situations.

I had two contradictory readings in the past week by AIRR about my job situation. I wanted to continue the vigil I started last week. might I have offended st martha? or is it a defect in the glass and I should resume the vigil as there are several days-worth of candle left?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:56 am

Why would you re add oil and herbs. the oils and herbs didnt go anywhere. For example, if you bought a fixed lucky mojo vigil. Its already fixed and you dont have to keep adding oils. That was probably the problem. Too much oils and herbs can really cause soot and for the wick to drown in all of that stuff. Why would you petition st martha for this? I mean you could but why would you add all of these herbs. For st martha...all you need is her oil.. and a red candle. If you dont have her oil you can do domination oil, or olive oil if thats all you can get.

So I would start over. If you want to dominate someone into helping you keep your job, and from slander then simply petition saint martha in the way I said above. You can write her a small petition in what specifically need help in and put in under her candle. You do not need to add all those herbs, but if you wanted to make a separate candle for that then you could, and put it on the same space as st martha so she can help you in that area. Not to mention you could petition to St Joseph for any problems concerning employment (yes he is good for real estate as well)

I would just do a simple steady candle to help keep a steady job, and a protection candle to protect you from slander and whatever else. Sometimes having a focused intention and breaking it up is better than trying to throw everything into one candle.

MissVeeDee

Unread post by MissVeeDee » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:34 am

Good morning everyone, and a very happy Friday to all!

I have a bit of a concern. The wick of my candle is off to the side. It seems it was manufactured that way, and it's burning the side of my glass with it's huge flame. It's almost at he bottom and I can't seem to be able to move it since it's so low. Should I take this as a signs of things to be hard? or should I take into consideration the manufacturer's flaw when reading my candle?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:13 pm

I've had candles that were manufactured with the wick off-center. I normally stick something down in there CAREFULLY and try to get it closer to center. But I don't read that as meaning anything to the burn, since it has nothing to do with my work.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:05 pm

I have had the same situation with candles and follow Devi's advice, carefully move it center and continue.

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:50 pm

I've had candles like that. I just move the wick over towards the center and be done with it. Sometimes the wicks move while the wax hardens. It's nothing to worry about.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

MissVeeDee

Unread post by MissVeeDee » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:50 pm

Thank you all so much for the advice .. I moved it to the center with my tongs. I knew those things would come in handy someday!

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Just continuing the same thread......:)

Some of my jar spell lids are covered with burnt wicks not candle wax, and the old wicks have a tendency to catch on fire whenever I've got a new candle burning on the jar. Any particular way to dispose of these wicks (like put in brown bag and throw in garbage or at crossroads)? This question applies to both honey jar and vinegar jars.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Depends on the jar, if its a nice thing that concerns you, bury them in your yard, evil things or things that do not affect you go to the crossroads, no do not just throw them in the trash :roll: .
HRCC Student #1559

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:31 pm

You can also bury negative tricks in the graveyard. I finally located a disposal but would not dispose of negative tricks there.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:57 am

Hi all,

I have done a search and couldn't find an answer to this... I am burning a white pillar candle to uncross, as I wait for my LM products to arrive.

Obviously, a pillar candle burns differently than one in a jar. Should one pay attention to how it melts? I was struck by how it seems to be burning down the middle with an opening on one side.

But again, I know any freestanding candle is going to burn differently anyway.

Appreciate links to interpreting this, or advice on it.

I haven't had to relight it for its going out (though I've put it out when leaving the house and relit).

Thanks!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:58 am

This was discussed on the forum, a pillar candle does have a holder so it does burn different. The burning down the middle is normal.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:15 am

I did a search using the words "pillar candle." Could not find the discussion you reference. Since "pillar candle" is the noun I would have thought it applied to all the aspects.

My pillar candle is not in a holder it's just burning on a tray.
does burning down one side has any meaning, or other drips? If you have a link to a discussion I'd appreciate it. Or any thoughts.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:17 am

It may not be listed as pillar candle but there was a discussion in reference to a votive...I just don't remember exactly now but that was the answer provided. If I can locate the link I will post it shortly. In the meantime do overly interpret the candle.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:13 pm

I think you mean do NOT overly interpret... :) Heh, I won't, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing some obvious thing. Thanks!

nubiandiva

Unread post by nubiandiva » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:48 pm

I recall seeing on these boards or the LM site about candle divination, but I can't find the info now...can someone please help me with the link?? Thank you in advance!!!

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:01 pm

Here you are. http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
That page is part of Ms.Cat's online book, Hoodoo in Theory and Practice which you can find here http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html I highly recommend you read it all.
HRCC Student #1559

sonny256

Unread post by sonny256 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:04 am

i know someone doing an intranquility spell , and she was wondering what are good signs to look for when the candle burns?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:51 am

Aina2

Unread post by Aina2 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:44 pm

I am not sure if looking for signs is ever a good idea, especially if you haven't even started your work yet. The whole idea of signs is that they find you, IMHO. Something stands out to you in a way that's impossible to ignore.

Once I did a recon spell on a crazy ex of mine. Mind you, I never looked for any signs, but within the next three days I saw three people in the streets that had the same physical disorder as him, which is very rare and he'd been the only person with that condition that I had ever seen before.All those people scared the heck out of me, which was an obvious sign for me to RUN, RUN, and never speak to the ex again, even if he returns. Boy was I right.

Good luck!

ConjureMan
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:55 pm

Aina is right, its never a good idea to look for signs while working your conjure. This sets preconceived notions that can aversely affect your spell. Your expectations can be your worst enemy when it comes time to not obsses over a spell. I've seen people call me up and ask, "why didn't the candle flame pop, why did it leave half a centimeter of wax? Is this bad??" Instead, relax and let the energy go. If you are gifted with receiving a sign, it will come naturally to you and you'll know.

jewel

Unread post by jewel » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:53 am

I lit a vigil candle on my alter and it burned clean until the end of the candle went out. Is that a good sign?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:23 pm

Generally yes - it simply means that no overt blockages or delays were encountered. It doesn't necessarily mean you will succeed.
Don't overthink it. Don't get obsessed over reading a candle if you have no experience with it. Just let it be.
You can study more about candle signs here if you're curious for in the future: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Christina2

Unread post by Christina2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:21 pm

I am trying to do some reconsilation work with my bf who just left me today, because he knows my ex and he maybe is against it I think. The pink couple burn normally but his falme wont go out at last - keep burning and burning - does it mean anything?

Anyone who has spellsuggestions how to get him back plz help thx

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:34 pm

Just let the candle burn itself out - don't worry about it.

There have been MANY threads on the forum devoted to reconcilation work - just spend some time browsing through here and you will find plenty of information.

Of course, you may also want to get a reading on your situation to find out what is going on and what would be the best way to remedy the situation.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:44 pm

...and relax take a cleansing or healing bath to release some of your anxiety.

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:07 pm

I know this is an old post, but I didnt want to start new on the same topic.

I started a candle to St. Jude yesterday, it burns clean and the flame is storng and flickering all the time. So the glass got 2 little crack lines on opposite sides (not through). Im not sure wht to do now. Im afraid for it to fall apart at any given time later as it keeps burning. I will scary with the noise everybody in the house, and then I would have explaining to do, plus they wont trust me with candles no more, they think they are just for decorative purposes.

Again, the flame is strong and flickering non-stop, very clean burn. Im not sure what to do.
If I restart what to do with all barely burned candle (less than 24 hours).

Please, help?

Christina2

Unread post by Christina2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:47 am

When I make candleritual to get my bf back, it makes a very big flame so big sometimes there is comming smoke too. Normally big flame is positive but smoke negative. Anyone who can help if its a good or bad sign?

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:04 am

I am new to hoodoo but I do know from reading this forum that unless you are skilled at reading candles then it is best to just let the candle burn and try not to read to much into how it burns. Keep you intent focused and stay positive in your work. If you do a site search there are several topics pertaining to this and you will also find a link to LM where cat discusses candle reading and signs. Good luck in your work and remember to stay positive.

Hugs,
Hope

Association of Independent Readers & Rootworkers

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”