Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Hi Everyone, I'm V Topic is solved

justv

Hi Everyone, I'm V

Unread post by justv » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:08 am

Im a true beginner with no experience. I have always felt drawn to what others called unusual things. Since I was little girl I've always believed in Magic and Spirits. As a kid I experienced things and saw things that at the time were frightening but now as an adult I'm intrigued and curious about them. Up until I found Lucky Mojo I'd never heard of Hoodoo or rootwork. Years back maybe 6yrs a friend took me to a curandera (a traditional folk healer or shaman in Hispanic America, who is dedicated to curing physical and/or spiritual illnesses.) to have my flame read. She spoke only Spanish and since my Spanish is limited he translated to me. At the time I was surprised by things she said but didn't take much of it to heart. After that visit I was told to come back for a bano (bath) she washed me down held a candle to my body and I stood and air dried. She gave me some of the water and had me dispose of it near some train tracks. She gave me a tiny amber dolphin which I still carry with me and said if I keep it with my coins I'll never be at a loss for money. I believe that was my first experience with rootwork.

I don't know how I came across the Lucky Mojo site, I don't even remember what I was looking for but I'm so thankful I did. The first time I visited this site I was hooked and ready to sign up for the HRCC but realized I had to be a known customer. I've placed my first order and can't wait until I can sign up! :D

I have been reading a lot, visiting the sites linked to Lucky Mojo, Dr. Kioni, and also Lara Rivera (how neat I see the forum today it was only last week I found Laras HearthHomeHoodoo site) I'm honored to be a part of this group. When I found the Lucky Mojo site I was feeling like I was frozen, like I was facing a wall I couldn't get over...even drowning. Learning about Hoodoo and soon practicing this art I feel is the only thing that'll thaw me out :P

Happy to be here!

V

Leah Rivera
Site Admin
Re: Hi everyone, I'm V

Unread post by Leah Rivera » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:12 am

Welcome to the forums!
Glad to have you.
Lara
Leah Rivera - HRCC Graduate Apprentice #0896

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “2009 Public Forum Introductions”