Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
mar_2

Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by mar_2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:34 am

Yeah I did say something like, this is the second time he has asked and how can he forget. He said well "LOL" He isnt from my area, he just moved here recently, so I think it was reallly legite and not an excuse to make conversation with me..cause he hasnt initiated anymore communication with me.
But I am still shaking that sugar bowl whenever I can ;-)
Is there something else I should be doing with the sugar bowl as well?

Thanks
MAR

oceanblue

Unread post by oceanblue » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:52 pm

Can somone help me please,

1) Every time I burn a candle on the honey jar, do i make a petition?

2) This petition I make, do I burn it in the end? How do I destroy it so no one finds it?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:18 pm

oceanblue wrote:Can somone help me please,

1) Every time I burn a candle on the honey jar, do i make a petition?

2) This petition I make, do I burn it in the end? How do I destroy it so no one finds it?
1) The honey jar is in itself a kind of petition, but yes it is common to pray for your results as you light a candle on the jar or at least speak your petition.

2) The petition paper is usually in the jar. That said I strongly suggest you read this article and the rest of Miss Cat's wonderful online book: http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html
HRCC Student #1559

oceanblue

Unread post by oceanblue » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:40 pm

Many Thanks
x

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:15 pm

So after working my sugar jar I have also wrapped my target's pic and my pic around my sugar jar. THen have put it in my drawer, where I keep all my LM oils and powders, so the jar is surrounded by alllll the good stuff ;-) Now my question is, will I be feeling more of an attachment to my target? Cause l am kind of feeling more attached to him, where I want him to call me even MORE or make some communciation with me. Is this an effect of the jar?

Thanks
Mar

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:30 pm

It could just be a psychological effect resulting from the attention you've been giving him through the work. Or it could be an effect of the jar. I don't think anybody here can really say for certain.
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Hmmm..yeah cause I wasnt really feeling this way before the work and even like a week or two into it, but now my feelings are different. I feel a bit more attached and more anxious for him to make some sort of contact with me.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Just for future reference, you really shouldn't be discussing work that is currently ongoing, other than perhaps with a mentor or worker that is helping you with your case. It can contaminate your work to be questioning it, doubting it, and basically inviting other people to think negatively or critically about the trick. Try to have a good idea of what you need to do before starting so you can work consistently and confidently, and then if you need guidance during the work, consult a worker for a reading.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:45 am

Ok thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it, but was just checking to see if I had done things correctly ;-)

MysticRootworker

Unread post by MysticRootworker » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:43 pm

I wasnt so sure about the correct way of doing a honey jar when I made mine. I even put in a cayenne pepper- which I saw Catherine say was a no no. (I took it out) ANYWAY- The only personal item I had was a piece of TP with semen on it. Thats in the jar- But when I did mine I dont even remember what herbs I put in there. I threw in a bunch of them. I know they were for love. Now since my only personal concern of his is in the jar and being that it was TP... I cant exactly just pop that baby outta there to do one the correct way. Now my question- what if I add more honey (it needs it) and then add appropriate herbs that I KNOW for sure what I want them to do, and add a better petition paper? I know this has been beat in the ground, I just want to get the most from my honey jar until I can be with him again and get more of his personal concerns. I was overly eager and didnt take the time to read and study before I started. Its been 5 wks since then and I have been trying to learn since.
Thanks guys for your help.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:09 pm

If you already have a petition paper in there, adding another will be mixing up intents. It might be best to simply pour your old honey jar into a new jar add in the herbs of your choice and add only one petition paper in there. This way your personal concerns remain intact and you are able to put in the herbs of your choice.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

MysticRootworker

Unread post by MysticRootworker » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Thanks CM-
OK so I just pour my current honey jar into a new one with all the current contents- If I want to put a different petition paper in remove the old one before the transfer.Then I can go ahead and add more herbs? Just a couple probably. Will this in effect be like starting all over? Like a whole new conjure? Or just considered a "remodel of the old one. I would like to maybe do a petition on a photo printout of him to put into the new jar.
I am so lucky to have found LM ;)
Thanks sooo much

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:05 pm

Yup, remove the old petition and add in your new one with your herbs. It carries the energies of the old, but you get to start over with it.

MysticRootworker

Unread post by MysticRootworker » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:14 am

Great- Thanks so much! :-)

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:34 am

fun spell I like the sugar bowl because it involves interaction with it. i would not burn a candle on it. I burn 3 candles around mine on friday i use 3 colored candles ( representing what needs to be done like communication come to me then love me so white pink red) dress with proper oils. i dont do the name paper on those I carve their name in a spiral around it with the word communicate or come to me or love me. then i put the white communication to the left the come to me to the right and the love me above them ( triangle) i light them in the name of the father son and holy ghost. let em burn out.. id also shake the jar when you know the target is sleeping its easier. good luck
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:31 pm

Hey j82..thanks for your tips..appreciate it..But after I read that I should burn a candle on top of it, I did that yesterday, for like 10 mins and then 15 mins on my petition, with the sugar jar next to it...I used the Follow me Boy oil and a bit of attraction pwoder on the jar, when I was shaking it like crazy..LOL..I have had this small jar going for like a few weeks now, and every chance I get, I shake it. So last night I went out to a random bar and came across my target..I couldnt beleive it...but the only thing was that, he didnt talk to me much. I mean I went to him and said hello and made small talk, but that was it. He like paid no attention to me throughout the night and didnt even say bye when he left. SO I dont know what to make of it..Any ideas?

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:44 pm

It's possible (note that I'm only saying it's POSSIBLE, not that this is what happened) that that was a sign. A sign doesn't mean there was any actual movement or that anything has changed yet. It just means you're on the right track and should have faith in your work. I'm going to reiterate again though that I don't know that it was a sign, I'm only mentioning it as a possibility.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:48 pm

Well after that I really did have faith, because what were the chances that I was to come across him, right after I burned a candle in the day..LOL..I mean that really gave me faith and made me believe that I am on the correct path..But the only thing I am confused about was his attitude, I mean no real conversation or anything, it was weird. I thought that after doing some work, he would be a bit more communicative/friendlier. I just found that to be odd.

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:53 pm

mar wrote:Well after that I really did have faith, because what were the chances that I was to come across him, right after I burned a candle in the day..LOL..I mean that really gave me faith and made me believe that I am on the correct path..But the only thing I am confused about was his attitude, I mean no real conversation or anything, it was weird. I thought that after doing some work, he would be a bit more communicative/friendlier. I just found that to be odd.
You just started your work. Give it time. I think if there was any significance to your meeting him, it was as a sign, not as any actual movement or progress.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:53 pm

Well Mar, the real test would have been if he came up to YOU. However, you went to him, and made small talk. So really you kind of forced the situation. So the follow me boy part of the spell didnt really get a chance to be put into action because YOU came up to him. However, I think that it is a good thing that you ran into him, and it is a positive sign i would say. However, you tried to force it when really you should have been a little more laid back and see if he would have been drawn to you.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Yeah I actually did want him to come to me, but he would have never seen me cause I was pretty distant from him and he wasnt really leaving his spot, its like he was in his corner and I was in mine..LOL..Also, my girlfriend who was with me, knows his friends, so she was going up to them to say hi, so I thought, rather than the situation be akward, I should go with her, cause I really think then he wouldnt have noticed me. But then after that, I just walked away and did my own thing..I did catch him staring from a distance a few times..LOL. As I left my house, I did put some Attraction, COme to me, and Look me Over oil on, just in case ;-) ANd I usually carry some of the attraction powder with me in my purse, so when I'm out, i can use a little on my face as part of my make up..LOL..So after I saw him, I went to the bathroom and brushed more attraction powder on..LOL.
But after seeing him yesterday, I thought maybe it might open up communciation, where he will start to message me or something, but I guess maybe more time? Oh and at the sametime I had the shoe trick going on as well..LOL..I never usually do this when I am going out, but for some reason I thought, hey i'm wearing boots, the petition will not fall out..LOL..SO I even had that going, stompping harder when i saw him..LOL ;-)

sunseer88

Unread post by sunseer88 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:36 am

I started a Honey Jar for this person I like back in Aprl 2009.. It worked for the most part, he already was my friend etc. we would get close then something always got in the way. In reflecting back today over the results of the honey jar, I remembered that I used a combo of about half honey and half maple syrup..

1) because I didn't have enough honey at the time,, and

2) because he is a darker skinned guy I used the maple syrup.. I thought I had read that somewhere before.

Anyways today I started thinking what if the fact that I didn't use all honey has weakened the spell. i think at the time I thought my intentions were so strong that I could overcome any deficiencies by not using pure honey,but now I wonder. I wanted to add some more herbs to the jar, calamus, sage, damiana, and catnip, and that's when I remembered that I actually used mostly syrup.. so my question is should I remake the honey jar using pure honey.. would that make a difference, or should the maple syrup mixture in there now be ok.

Thanks.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:32 am

sunseer88,

Doesn't make a difference what sweetener you use.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:31 am

Hey guys...I just wanted to say thanks to this forum, i am getting amazing support and advice ;-) VERY happy with this.
If you guys have anymre advice, please do post ;-) Because after my experience the other night, which was SO RANDOM, I am STRONGLY beleiving in my work..now just need an extra push..LOL

hoodooTom
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by hoodooTom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:00 am

Is it possible to have just a fluke when burning the candles on the jar? I've been burning the candles from LM and ever since I used those so far there has been nothing left at all and then today's candle left a good pool of wax on the lid and left a stream of wax down one side of jar. That's the first one since I started this jar that burned funny.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:27 am

Could have been due to a draft or placement near some other source of heat.
Basically don't worry about it - don't inject doubt into your work. Getting overly worried about burns isn't going to help your work.
If you're really concerned about it, then get a reading.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:57 pm

Some people prefer using sweetener according to skin color, but its really up to you. I know workers including myself who use honey for all people. Though if you find out what sweetener a person is partial too using that can help give you a hold on them.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:07 pm

I always caution against reading too much into candle burns unless you know what you are doing. While its not a bad idea to take something into account if you've learned a bit. Its always best to really grasp a hold over the system before you take serious signs from the candle burning. Look for generalities and keep your confidence no matter what happens. Afterall, not everything can be a sign. Follow up readings are always a good idea if you are feeling particularly unsure about something.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Just a little update on my work, as I have been burning a candle, dressed with various oils, herbs and powders, of course with my sugar bowl next to it and sometimes I even put it under my candle, I am now starting to see my target's name here and there. I cant burn my candle all the time, due to family around, but when no one is home, i get a good burn in ;-) LAst night, i got to burn for an hour and this morning, at 5am i got to burn for like 10 mins or so. ANd today,in the morning, I cam across the first name of my target and then his last name on a separate occasion..I think I will take this as a sign as to my work taking. I know I have to be patient, which is the HARDEST thing to do, but I am still keeping at it. Cause overall, it hasnt been that long. Now everytime I burn my candle, can I sprinkle the top with a pinch of more powder, not only on top of my candle, but as well as on the petition? I feel like I am adding an extra effect ;-)

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:19 am

Just curious. Is there such a thing like overdoing honey jar? Like instead of burning candle M-W-F or F, you burn candles every day for very long time?

Thank you!

MysticRootworker

Unread post by MysticRootworker » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:33 am

I work mine more then M-W-F. Usually. But I am new- so good question.. But I then I take a few days off.. so I am interested in what repsonses you will get.

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:13 pm

I tried to go M-W-F, but than again went to doing it every day, and now wondering.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:35 pm

Some people work the honey jar everyday for a week or two before moving down to M-W-F or something similar. There are also times when people burn honey jars until they see movement then move down to working it on M-W-F or another set of days. This is what a reading can advise of. If you do your own readings or if you dont seek out a reader and they'll be able to sense what would be the best course of actions. This can tell you how many days and for how long to work it to get the best results.

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Thank you, ConjureMan! I worked my honey jar everyday and I saw movement, but since I see my target only every once in a while.. its hard for me to tell while I dont see him. Plus I want to keep up the good work when I see him next time, plus when we are not together, I want him to still think of me.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:27 am

No. Unless your husband opened up your honey jar and fiddled with it in some way, you should be fine. A honey jar is not like a mojo hand--where it is often believed that if someone other than the wearer touches the hand they will "kill" it.

Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:47 pm

Thanks Bri. That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure.

Hugs,
Hope

mmcpower

Unread post by mmcpower » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:05 am

Here is my dilema - I started a honey jar a while ago and then took a break due to the fact that I didn't have any privacy to work it. Now the honey in the jar is solid (not pliable) what should I do? I want to start working it again or would it be better to just make a new one?

Thank you

MysticRootworker

Unread post by MysticRootworker » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Could you place the jar in a double boiler or something to warm it and melt the honey into liquid again? I heated mine the other day because I was thinking about removing something from it. This is just my idea and I am only speculating. So wait for the ones who are in the know to give you a knowledgeable answer..

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:07 pm

mmcpower wrote:Here is my dilema - I started a honey jar a while ago and then took a break due to the fact that I didn't have any privacy to work it. Now the honey in the jar is solid (not pliable) what should I do? I want to start working it again or would it be better to just make a new one?

Thank you
Do a divination if your not sure whether to start a new one or work with that one. But I personally would use the old one. The honey didn't turn solid for a spiritual reason, its simple physics, it crystallized.
HRCC Student #1559

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:09 am

Hey everyone...needed advice...so as I have been working my sugar bowl on a daily basis, along with burning my dressed candle at the same time, today my candle actually finished. I mean there was still a lot of wax on the side of the candle, but the bottom, burned right down to the bottom, where the bottom part actually fell out..LOL..it was like a hole in my candle. There was not much I could do to save it, cause it was really finished from the bottom. I even burned the candle for like 2 mins on the sugar bowl, and got some drippings on the the top of it, which was the first time. Now what I did was, since the candle is totally finished, I wrapped it up in a red tissue paper, along with some other wax drippings, and will probably toss it at the cross roads. Is this an ok idea? And at the moment I have quite a few mini, white tea lights in the house, can they be used for such work, until I get a new candle?
PLEASE let me know what your thoughts are on this, greatly appreciate everyones thoughts :)

Thanks

MysticRootworker

Unread post by MysticRootworker » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:23 am

Mar-
Yes you can use tea lights on your honey jar. I use them as well as pink and sometimes blue birthday cake candles. I also use the 4" spell candles. I have even used little heart shaped votives. I dont believe it matters what type of candle since it is our intention and how you dress the candle.
:-)

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:59 am

So a small white tea light is ok? I always thought white was used for different purposes.

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:05 am

From what I understand, white is a generic all-purpose candle. For something specific, like love, you'd probably prefer a different color, but there's no harm in white.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:07 am

oh great so white can be used for love work as well..now how do u dress those cute little tea candles? LOL i mean they are so tiny and in their little silver case, i guess u would do the top part?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:41 pm

Exactly. With some tealights you can pull them out of the tin and dress the entire thing. But just do the top like you would on a glass-encased vigil light.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:47 pm

ok..thanks...so i have dressed my white little candle and ready to go..lol..with my sugar jar beside it :)

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks to all the wonderful advice I have gotten, I really have a positive atiitude on this ;-) I burned my white candle for quite somtime today and shook my honey jar HARD...LOL..its like whenever I do this, I feel soo strong and feel like i am very glose to my target, now hopfully he will contact me soon ;-)

Simpleme

Unread post by Simpleme » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:15 pm

I created my honey jr last night, but I want to know if Imade a mistake.

The only thing I placed in the name paper where I wrote our names and folded was his hair and mine. I just threw the herbs in the bottle like that. Was I suppose to wrap the herbs in the name paper also? I just threw it in the bottle.. haha.

I hope i did't mess up

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:40 pm

Normally you would put herbs into the petition paper packet, but since they are in the honey I wouldn't worry about it.

Simpleme

Unread post by Simpleme » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:49 pm

Devi Spring wrote:Normally you would put herbs into the petition paper packet, but since they are in the honey I wouldn't worry about it.
O.K. Also, i wrote my petition around our names without lifting the pen, but then i decided to write the petition below on the same paper adn I did left the pen? Is that a problem? If, so I can do it again.

Just checking

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:19 pm

I'm no expert but I would think it wouldn't be okay to lift your pen then. It's your intentions that matter. Quit doubting so much and have faith in your work. I'm sure you did great.

Hugs,
Hope

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:25 pm

You are supposed to not lift the pen for that particular part of the petition.

You've injected a great deal of doubt into your work at this point. I would take apart the jar, do a cleansing, and start again later doing everything confidently.

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:28 pm

When I just started Hoodoo I made a lot of little mistakes like that...Next time you could lay out all your ingredients and mentally rehearse the whole thing - even have a few 'reminders' written down if necessary - before you start. Soon you'll pick things up and you'll be fine. But yes, the most important thing is you shouldn't inject so much doubt in your work. Be confident.
HRCC Graduate #1610

Simpleme

Unread post by Simpleme » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:15 pm

Thanks guys. I'll start over again. no problem....
I'm willing to learn.

i'll empty out the jar and get start again.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:10 pm

Rehearsing your spells is actually a great habit. Not only does it help to make sure you don't miss anything out, but it helps to make sure you don't make mistakes, but also engraves the spell really well into your mind. Rehearsing helps makes the spell organic, rather than mechanical motions.

As for the herbs some people prefer to put them in the name packet while other toss them into the honey itself. Other prefer to keep some herbs in the packet while larger curios/herbs are placed in the honey. The point is that the herbs are *in*the container. Since there is a great deal of doubt start over, but this time trust yourself ;-)

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:05 am

Devi Spring wrote:You are supposed to not lift the pen for that particular part of the petition.

You've injected a great deal of doubt into your work at this point. I would take apart the jar, do a cleansing, and start again later doing everything confidently.
Okay I'm confused Devi. I understand about the not lifting your pen while you are writing around the circle but why does it matter if she lifted it when she added the part at the bottom? I'm just trying to understand. Since she added that part and it wasn't part of the original spell, I don't understand. I completely understand about the adding doubt to the spell though and I get why she needs to start over. Thanks for explaining. Just trying to get a firm grasp on everything.

Hugs,
Hope

mmcpower

Unread post by mmcpower » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:20 am

Do a divination if your not sure whether to start a new one or work with that one. But I personally would use the old one. The honey didn't turn solid for a spiritual reason, its simple physics, it crystallized.[/quote]

Thank you - I will do that

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:30 am

The petition paper was written wrong. For this spell it is written in a very specific way. It demonstrates lack of focus - considering several mistakes were made and then they were worrying and doubting over it, it's better to just start over.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:01 pm

Hey everyone,

Just out of curiousity, if I dont hear from my target, what are some other things I can do? I mean I am working my Sugar bowl, like every day and been burning a candle whenever I can. I even burned a candle for quite a few hours on Saturday, which made me feel very positive in my work. ANd the weirdest thing was, as I was just about finished, I got my menstral..LOL..it was early, so dont know if my work had anything to do with that..LOL
But if there are any more suggestions, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks
MAR

mmcpower

Unread post by mmcpower » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:50 pm

Ok I liquified the honey, the question I have is the drippings from the previous candles started to melt and some broke off, what should I do with those candle pieces?

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”