Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Spell Kits Information Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
CopperFox
HRCC Student
Re: General Spell Kits Information Questions and Answers

Unread post by CopperFox » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi, Stellar.

Depending on how busy the shop is, your order can take from 2-4 weeks; be patient, it's worth your wait because of the quality of the goods. Personally, I would save the Intranquility kit for my last-ditch-all-else-has-failed effort, particularly if you are new to conjure. In fact, I discussed that on another thread earlier today. If you would like to learn more about the Intranquil Spirit spells and some experiences other people have had using this spirit, do a forum search; you will find many threads related to this topic. Also, look at the archive of free spells -- there are numerous love spells listed. You are sure to find one or more that will suit your needs and level of skill. The Reconcilation Spell kit is probably a very good choice to begin. Vigil candles and honey jars can complement this type of work, too. Remember, magick does take time to manifest -- Ms. Cat's saying is "3 days for a sign, 3 weeks for movement, 3 months to fruition." Keep that in mind and stay positive.

Also, many here (myself included) will encourage you to get a reading done to help you determine your best course of action. It need not be expensive, you can get a one-question 10 minute yes/no type reading for as little as $10. Do your research to make sure you are dealing with a reputable person when selecting a reader; LM is affiliated with the AIRR, you may want to look into the services offered there. Another service you may want to considered is having a vigil light set for you at the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church to "back up" the reconciliation work you're planning to do. Contact the shop or go online to make those arrangements if you are interested.

Now, regarding your "odd note"...No, I don't think it is completely random that this ex contacted you. I believe that thoughts are things and when you are thinking about something very intently you are sending out energy into the world. You are certainly not the only person who has had a similar experience -- people here report the positive effects of mojo hands being crafted for them that they have yet to receive. So while you wait to receive your spellkit, research your best course of action, consider a reading, stay positive in your thoughts and prayers and do what you can in your mundane life to reinforce your desires.

Good luck & let us know if we can be of assistance to you on the forum. This is a wonderful community of people and a great place to learn.

Take care,
Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:37 pm

i tried it with a jar, and didn't work! :(

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:47 pm

mimiso wrote:i tried it with a jar, and didn't work! :(
It's only been two weeks.
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:12 pm

kmew1315 wrote: It's only been two weeks.
The pithy nature of this reply amused me to no ends.

Give it time. A honey jar takes time to work. Plus, you might want to reassess your perspective a bit, if this guy is that great of a guy ;-)
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:24 am

haha:) when i saw him, i thought, yes he's a great guy. and i know those things take time, but i dont think any amount of spell, that i know of can make me trick myself into liking him. lol, maybe in my next life i'll ask god to be less critical in physical appearance and see the soul. maybe if someone else did that on me and i didn't know that they did.

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:55 pm

mimiso wrote:haha:) when i saw him, i thought, yes he's a great guy. and i know those things take time, but i dont think any amount of spell, that i know of can make me trick myself into liking him. lol, maybe in my next life i'll ask god to be less critical in physical appearance and see the soul. maybe if someone else did that on me and i didn't know that they did.
Don't force it if you don't feel it, but nurture the friendship. I knew my boyfriend for about 2 and half years before I thought of him as boyfriend material.

I think you are working this too hard.

Mary

muiscmantweets

Unread post by muiscmantweets » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:54 am

I am new to this. I have been talking to this guy and would like us to date..
Can I use the honey jar spell along with the Come To me spell?
any help with this would be great..
Also is tonight a new moon, so should this be a stronger spell to start tonight?

Thank you very much for any information.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:15 am

Yes, you can work both of those at once.
You actually should wait until the moon starts waxing again to start if you want to work by lunar timing - that way the loving feelings will increase. Next Friday would be a perfect time to start, as Friday is ruled by Venus, and the moon will be waxing.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

muiscmantweets

Unread post by muiscmantweets » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:53 am

Thank you for helping me with this. New to this! do you have a spell in mind that would work better?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:29 pm

No - those spells will complement each other nicely.

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Thanks Mary :)

By the way, I had came across a thread in the engine a wk ago, and you had said the most noblest thing about transitioning from hardships and how we limit ourselves. I really admired it, and shared it with a friend who was going through a tough time, and it totally transformed her attitude and brought her out of depression to do better for it :)

that's why you are the literary lioness :) roar!

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:28 pm

mimiso wrote:Thanks Mary :)

By the way, I had came across a thread in the engine a wk ago, and you had said the most noblest thing about transitioning from hardships and how we limit ourselves. I really admired it, and shared it with a friend who was going through a tough time, and it totally transformed her attitude and brought her out of depression to do better for it :)

that's why you are the literary lioness :) roar!
I am so glad my words helped your friend! That is real magic to me. It is very true. It takes rain to see a rainbow.

Mary

muiscmantweets

Unread post by muiscmantweets » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:41 pm

I have another question? I will be seeing this guy for sure on feb 10th and I would like to do the kiss me spell. so I don't want to put to many spells out there.. is that a problem? the honey jar spell I started today.
I would like the kiss me spell and the call me spell also.... or just the come to me spell... ?? I could be overlapping here?
thank you for any advice

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:27 pm

muiscmantweets wrote:I am new to this. I have been talking to this guy and would like us to date..
Can I use the honey jar spell along with the Come To me spell?
any help with this would be great..
Also is tonight a new moon, so should this be a stronger spell to start tonight?

Thank you very much for any information.
Honey jars are great for this.

Mary

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:17 pm

Just because you put out 10 spells does not mean they are all going to manifest by the time feb 10th comes around. i would just concentrate on like 2 spells. If you wanted you could bathe in the bath crystals before going on your date. Honey jar is OK, but make sure you work it with something else, like a red or pink figure.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

stellar

Unread post by stellar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:46 pm

Hello again and thank you for the responses! To answer your questions, no I have not had a reading but I'm currently considering.
Oh, and I received my Reconciliation Spell Kit and Intranquility Spell Kit today in the mail! I'm so enthusiastic about this.

I also had another question if you all could advise me.
I have not used the kits yet since I received them today and I hired someone yesterday to cast a spell for me for the same purpose. Should I hold off and wait to use the Lucky Mojo Spell Kits I bought? Do the kits get old after a while? What would happen if I did the spell kits together with whatever the lady I hired does? Should I only do one kit at a time? Also, the lady that I hired seems pretty legit in a sense that I looked into her before hiring her and after messaging with her she seemed not only caring but concerned and has pretty good references. I e-mailed her today asking her what her opinion was but I'd like a second opinion since I'm unsure if she knows about the kits or this particular line of products.

Thanks again, much love.

Hoodoo Girl

Unread post by Hoodoo Girl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:21 am

I would agree with Copperfox, a reading definitely should be done. The reading will not only let you know what courses of action you should take but it will also indicate if reconciliation if is possible and what roadblocks if any need to be cleared. AIRR is an excellent place to go to find a reader that is ethical and that can shed some light on your situation. One of the things I have learned from this forum and associates that in reconciliation work you want to address the cause of the breakup so that issue will no longer be a problem.

I also agree with Copperfox that the IS should be held as a last resort because it is actually forcing your ex to return because he has been tormented and he will return but he many not be happy about returning. The honey jar will definitely be a nice compliment to your Reconciliation Kit but be advise that the honey jars work "slow" but they do work!

Good luck!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:41 am

Dr. E, and AIRR worker, just wrote a great blog entry on Reconcilation work, and also mentions the IS - you may want to surf to his site through the AIRR and read that.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:43 am

Am getting on a transatlantic plane tonight, going away for four days!

what should I bring? I know to bring the pouch from the come to me spell. should I pack the honey jar (will check a bag) and candles? Oils? what do you think?

this is a trip for work, though somewhat on spec, so I want to get work out of it. but also want to connect with my lover who is at this event.

what do you think?

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:44 am

Am getting on a transatlantic plane tonight, going away for four days!

what should I bring? I know to bring the pouch from the come to me spell. should I pack the honey jar (will check a bag) and candles? Oils? what do you think?

this is a trip for work, though somewhat on spec, so I want to get work out of it. but also want to connect with my lover who is at this event.

what do you think?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:01 am

One, multiple copy's of the same post aren't necessary. Two, what you bring depends utterly on what you want to do in terms of work, if any. If you bring a mojo hand you must bring something to feed it of course, but I'm sure you realized that.
HRCC Student #1559

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:24 pm

I use votives when traveling. I keep a few for emergencies and appropriate oils for anointing them. If you are hiding your work, LM sells nice little jars when traveling under disguise.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:43 pm

LM's 4" candles come in wonderfully in moments like this. Votives are nice, but I've always found them too messy. The 4" candles are managable and easy to burn. Bring only a few oils with you, Come to Me, Follow Me boy, and another of your choice. Then take as many candles as you'll need. This way you can work your honey jar while over there, along with wearing a few scents.

GoddessMojo

Unread post by GoddessMojo » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:55 am

I like tea lights for travel. They are tiny but still big enough to write/carve on, burn quickly (2-3 hours tops), and you have a holder automatically; you can put oil and concerns inside the metal tin, even dress them before you travel with herbs-pop into a ziplock. Easy to dispose of too- fold the tin around your wax and herb remnants to make a small package that can be deployed however you need- saved, tossed into a crossroads. You can leave one burning in your hotel room without much concern for safety or raising any suspicions while you are out with your target- hide it on a shelf or put it on the bathtub ledge to look like you burned it while relaxing in the bath.

If you have one, a necklace that has a locket, vial or other sort of container works great for carrying an oil soaked tissue or powders for laying tricks while out and about. Same with those costume jewelry 'poison rings'-just make sure the clasp is sturdy enough to stay closed until you want, with either. Lost a good crystal recently that way!

Just a few basic oils, perhaps some bath salts, should get you through a lot- small, multi-use, easy to be sneaky with. Bath crystals can be dissolved in water and the water used just like a sachet powder to lay tricks.
Thank you Saint Martha for hearing my petition and for your ongoing good works for myself and others.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:16 am

1) I didn't intend to post twice, it was a computer glitch. And that it was a glitch (similarly if someone posts something with a word interrupted) should have been obvious. What I want to accomplish is in the post "I want to get work out of it and I also want to connect with my lover." :) I'm not sure how what I intend to do with work is relevant, at least not in my field (I'm a journalist, so I want to be paid and to publish, but basically, it's "get work.")

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to look over these replies before traveling, rushed off my feet-- I lOVE the idea of a locket or container! I brought a bunch of oils with me and some tea lights, left the honey jar at home-- could have brought it but my rootworker didn't seem to think it was necessary. For tea lights that have been on the honey jar I have just been throwing out the used ones-- was I supposed to dispose of the empties in a special way? My rootworker didn't say-- I'll drop her an email but would love to know what you think too.

I don't have follow me boy oil, though. Would bend over work, or would it make ME bend over? I usually use it to dress candles (and can use it for that here too).

Great advice on the bath salts too, because my hotel lacks a bathtub, so that's a good way to use them! I didn't think to bring my sachet powder.

These are really smart ideas, thanks soo sooo much!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:12 am

Disposal is important in spell work as it seals the work. As for disposal of tea lights I would bring them home and for love purposes bury them in front yard. Essence of Bend over is to bend him to her will and is in the same family as domination spells. Personally I think you are affected by spell work in many ways but still when you are petitioning for attention and love it is appropriate. <<<<this has been discussed in the forum. That is one of many reasons that protection is of great importance.

GoddessMojo

Unread post by GoddessMojo » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:27 pm

freegirl,
yeah, I love my lockets. I also found some tiny little corked bottle charms at a big-box craft store- I think they'd be easy to find in most large cities if one looked. They are about half an inch glass bottles with cork stoppers that have a loop for a necklace in them. Great for a little menses in a drink. I find keeping tricks in my purse until ready to lay leaves me digging in my purse and missing my moment. A locket is always just right around my neck.

I think by 'work' everybody responding meant your spell work, not the kind of career work you are doing. But the kind of work you are doing (career) can sometimes be addressed more specifically, for more chance of success, so that would be someone's reason for asking such a question...to consider how you might best craft your petition and spell work based on your specific situation. To get more work while traveling, essence of bend over plus some attraction oils is good. So is the paper in the shoe trick if you are able to speak to a specific person about getting work. Write their name on a petition paper, cross it with yours, dress with essence of bend over if you like, fold towards you, put in your left shoe and tap it while making your request.

Disposal is always important. This is a good general page about disposal- http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html. If you have wax/leavings from dressings left over from any sort of candle it should be disposed of properly- spells for drawing should be wrapped and buried on your property, most of the time; for negative work or banishing it should be disposed of at a crossroads, stream, or by a few other means- if often depends on the spell. If your candle burns all the way leaving no wax, you can toss the container, but if there are remnants, dispose of it properly. A portion of bathing water should be saved and disposed of properly as well; tossed to the east (sunrise) over the left shoulder for drawing/blessing/good, and west for banishing/cursing/negative work. Same with floor washes.
Thank you Saint Martha for hearing my petition and for your ongoing good works for myself and others.

MissEvonne

Unread post by MissEvonne » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:34 am

Hi there, I purchased 2 spells and a honey jar today, and not sure which is most appropriate for my situation. I really don't plan on working all 3 at once, though I have read it's quite common to work the honey jar and one spell at a time. Anyway, the spells I purchased were the Follow Me Boy and the Love Me spell kit. Here's my situation:

I have my sights set on someone with whom I have a very good friendship. Our relationship teeters on the verge of something more than friendship, but does not quite go there. He is much younger than me, and admittedly intimidated and shy. We've never been romantic or intimate, though we have a lot of very close "alone time", and since he is one of my roommates, we spend a lot of time together. Being such good friends clearly has taken me beyond any simple physical attraction, so it is without a doubt that my heart is involved. It isn't a stretch to say I love the guy, but not clearly not "in love" (yet!). I have no idea what his true feelings are at this point. He could simply view me as a dear friend but then again he could feel more. I brooch the subject now and then but he gets very shy...no other way to describe it. Gets a little giggly, red in the face, and will not give a straight answer. Anyway I'd like to move this along, and wondering what spell you all would feel would be best in my circumstance, especially if you've used either or both of these spells, maybe even in conjunction with the honey jar. Getting personal items from him to work into my spells are not a problem. Feel free to ask me any other questions if need be, too. I'm an open book...I really appreciate any input. Thank you so much!!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:40 am

Firstly I would get a reading on the situation to see what would actually be most appropriate. Some guys need more or less work to get them to come over to you, and you don't want to overdo it. A reading will help you determine what would be best for your specific guy.

That being said, just from reading your account I would do the honey jar with the Love Me. I wouldn't do the Follow Me Boy, because I don't think you want him to feel any more submissive to you. You need him to grow some balls and go for it. Follow Me Boy makes them get kinda sweetly obsessed and to follow you around like a lost puppy dog. It's also good for when a man is very independant and naturally taking lots of space for himself, then Follow Me Boy can make him want to be around you all the time. I think that would actually be a highly annoying quality to foster in a roommate, and it's not really what you need from this guy.

But get a reading so you know what to expect from this whole situation.

MissEvonne

Unread post by MissEvonne » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Thanks Devi! That makes a lot of sense. I can't wait to get to work :) Thanks again!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:25 pm

You may want to add some herbs for confidence (high john) and eloquence (deer's tongue) to your honey jar to help him have those qualities.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:36 am

Honey jars can travel and be worked while you are not in your home.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:32 am

I have traveled with spellwork before all of this new scanning stuff but be aware and put everything in a plastic bag.

MissEvonne

Unread post by MissEvonne » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:42 pm

Thanks so much for your advice. I'm not sure which anointing oil comes with the honey jar, is it Special Oil 20? Do you think I should purchase Come to Me oil or Love Me oil to use instead? Also, in addition to adding those extra herbs you mentioned, and following the spell by writing our names on a piece of paper together, do you think I should add a picture of him to the honey jar, or a small personal effect of his? Just wondering what you think. Thanks!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm sure the Come to Me honey jar kit comes with Come to Me oil.

Follow the instructions that come with the kit regardings pictures, etc. You will need a personal effect from him.

MissEvonne

Unread post by MissEvonne » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Okie doke...thanks again!

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Oy,

I am planning on doing both a crown of success and king of solomon kit on the same day. Both came with their own herbal baths and incense.

I wonder, can I just do one bath with the mixed herbs from both spell kits instead of two baths or should I strictly follow the instructions?

Otherwise, it will be:

crown of success bath
ritual
king of solomon bath
ritual

Also...after this initial phase (ritual must be continued for the next 8 days), would it be ok if I did the candle burning ritual at the same time for both spell kits and burned a blended incense of king of solomon and crown of success? Or should it be ritual #1 first and then, when the hours goes up next time around, ritual #2.

Maybe it was not very practical to decide to do both spell kits (time consuming) but I really need to.

I hope this was clear.

Thanks.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:09 pm

People often mix products to make customized blends. If you feel you need Crown of Success with a bit of wisdom thrown in you can mix products. You can mix bath crystals, mix oils, powderts etc.

Whether you can work two different spells at the same time is really up to you. Do you have the focus, power, and concentration necessary to accomplish this?

Why not work a conjure that involves elements of both, or simply work the spells at two different times?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:32 pm

I agree with ConjureMan. It takes a lot of energy but it seems you feel you need them both. I will suggest half and half since both has similar ingredients. Make sure intentions clear that you want success in all of your endeavors and the wisdom to make wise decisions (my wording) but you should personalize for your intended focus and goals. Good Luck.

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:02 am

Conjureman

Thanks for the reply. I would love to work one in the morning and another one in the evening (if this is what you mean by different times), I think I can do both but you are right, it can be very time-consuming and I don't know if I will be able to focus for the entire nine days. I don't want to risk it since I am still new to this.

Now, as long as I can just blend ingredients and burn the candles at the same time, I am good. Both spell kits came with their own mojo bags though, so there are things I will still have to do separately.

Thanks for the suggestion of blending, this sounds great. Other than the mojo bags, which must be done differently, both instructions are basically the same. They both use the same 9 herb spiritual bath and emphasize the element of success. But where I am getting stuck at is with the following: the success spell kit uses the phrase, "may all my endeavors be crowned with success". The solomon kit uses the phrase, "may the wisdom of solomon be mine and may i be crowned with success, as he was".

How do I attack this? If I decide to blend the oils, sachet powders, etc and make it into an all-encompassing wisdom-success kit, can I just say both phrases in the ritual? Thanks.

Jwmcclin

Thanks for replying. I honestly don't have any problem with blending both, I just did not know if that was possible. Now, would you please clarify by the phrase 'half and half'? And you are right, I still need to personalize my intention for both spells. Thanks for the good wishes.

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:51 am

And another general question.

The mojo bags must be left inside the layout for the entire 9 days. I live in a small one-bedroom apartment and don't have a room for only ritual purposes. My work is usually done in my room. Most likely than not, I will have to prevent my partner from seeing it. As far as my knowledge goes, mojo bags can't be seen or touched. And my partner will be sleeping over, and I will also have to wake up early in the morning to light the candles.

Maybe take the ritual table and hide it in the closet and do my work in there? Oy vey.

At least he knows and accepts what I do but it will be awkward.

Thanks.

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:07 am

Here's what I'd do to hide the work:

Set everything out on top of a solid tray-type object. Baking tray is good, especially one with a slight rim.
When you've finished working, pick it up and hide it away. Cover it with a cloth or an upended roasting pan if you need to. Put it in a drawer. Whatever you need to do to hide it. A spell set up doesn't have to be huge.

As for combining the rituals, I would re-write slightly with your own goals in mind. For example, "May the Wisom of Solomon be mine, may all my endeavours be Crowned with Success, as he was." Easy. No need to stress about it. It isn't the words that are important, it's the intent behind them.

Hoodoo is also very flexible with regards to timing etc. If early morning doesn't work for you, then do it in the evening. If the only free time you have is in the afternoon, do it then. It's more important to work at a time where you can concentrate and not be disturbed than it is to do it at a supposedly 'correct' time and be worried about being discovered.

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:25 am

Notdoriangray

Thanks for the suggestion of the tray.
In regards to timing, I have been told it is best if I stick to the instructions. I think I am going to call lm and ask and see how many more responses I get on this thread.

You have a good point, it will be hard to concentrate fully with my partner around...we shall see.

I have done a few tricks before and always took the bath in the morning but started the spell at night, so this is different for me.

siren
Newly Registered

Unread post by siren » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:55 pm

Ok. I am brand new and I was going to try a love or attracting spell to start with but had a few questions, which seem a bit silly, but have me wondering.

1. Before sunrise. Does that mean I can do it like 3a.m. in the morning?..or does it have to be a time real close to sunrise?
2. Crossroads. My street goes right in front of my house and has another street that branches off into another direction however its not really 4 separate directions..it's actually 3. My house is actually right in front of where all 3 directions meet. Is this a cross road?
3. Baths. It says you need to air dry after bathing in the bath salts. Can I dry my hair by blower? After tossing out my bath water can I come in and take a shower and do my usual hair washing, detangling, hair drying routine? Or perhaps can I wash my hair in the shower like regular, then do the bath ritual? The reason I ask is, I read that you shouldn't wash or conditioner your hair with shampoo while doing the bath. I have really curly hair and dumping water on my head 9 times without combing through with conditioner leads to a head full of tangles. I know! So silly a question, but I'm sitting here thinking..how the heck am I gonna drag a comb in my wet matted hair to toss my bath on a crossroad? LOL Can I come back in and reshower and detangle my mop?

So far I think that's the majority of my real lame questions..but, knowing me there will be more. :P
Thank you!

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:18 pm

Close to sunrise. You do your regular shower and wash your hair first, then do the spiritual bath, then dispose some of the bath water at the crossroads just as the light starts to break. Come home to do the work, if you're doing any.

No, that's not a crossroads. I'd always look for a real one.

You're supposed to not wash your hair or body again for 24 hours after you do your spiritual bath, so you'd have to manage your hair somehow without another wash. I also have long thick hair, I tie it up before I go to the crossroads. If I absolutely have to blow dry my hair later on (after I finish my work, etc.) then I'd do that.
HRCC Graduate #1610

siren
Newly Registered

Unread post by siren » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Thanks so much for the reply! So a cross road goes in 4 directions? Oh heck, now I think about it, I don't think there are many around here. Do you have to walk to it? Can you drive? If the one I'm thinking about is the closest, it would be quite a jaunt in the middle of the dark in this weather. Do you have to start your work right after doing the bath water disposal or can it be an hour later?

Ok I'm getting a plan together in my head with the whole hair, bath thing. lol My hair takes like 24 hours to air dry so I will totally have to diffuse after the work is done. Oh in this weather..it's totally going to freeze on the cross-road water disposal, but what a girl won't do for love! heehee

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:56 pm

cabriellenil wrote:
No, that's not a crossroads. I'd always look for a real one.
Actually yes that is a crossroads of a sort. If you read the older written works on hoodoo, most notably the Hyatt material you'll see many people telling Mr.Hyatt to go to "the forks of the road", "where the road forks" and even straight up "a three way stop" so using a Y shaped crossroads is very traditional. :D
Geena wrote:3. Baths. It says you need to air dry after bathing in the bath salts. Can I dry my hair by blower? After tossing out my bath water can I come in and take a shower and do my usual hair washing, detangling, hair drying routine? Or perhaps can I wash my hair in the shower like regular, then do the bath ritual? The reason I ask is, I read that you shouldn't wash or conditioner your hair with shampoo while doing the bath. I have really curly hair and dumping water on my head 9 times without combing through with conditioner leads to a head full of tangles. I know! So silly a question, but I'm sitting here thinking..how the heck am I gonna drag a comb in my wet matted hair to toss my bath on a crossroad? LOL Can I come back in and reshower and detangle my mop
You actually do not have to get your hair wet with the spiritual baths, many woman only wash from the next down for the sake of their hair and that's just fine, wash your face tho. So wash up normally, fix your hair, get back in the tub and wash from the neck down, that's every bit as traditional as dumping it over you head and will work just as well. Problem solved :D
HRCC Student #1559

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Ha, HD is so good!
HRCC Graduate #1610

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:34 pm

Some folks will tell you that before sunrise can mean anytime after midnight to just before dawn; that gives night owls and early birds alike a good window of time to do their work.

If you do decide to wet your hair in the wash, try some detangling spray to help manage your hair. You can even add a few drops of your condition oil to whatever kind you buy. Or, you can make your own at home, like we do. Get an empty spray bottle, fill with water, add a little conditioner and a few drops of whatever kind of dressing oil your spell calls for. I use this method to dress my daughter's and my own hair on a daily basis with very good results.

Good luck,
Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

siren
Newly Registered

Unread post by siren » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Yay! Well this isn't going to be as difficult as I first thought it was going to be. :) I was hoping I could do it a bit earlier, so that the neighbors wouldn't catch me trotting across the street in the snow, flinging bath water over my shoulder. A lot of people in my neighborhood seem to leave before sunrise for work, even more so with the snowy icy roads. Thank you all for the feedback!

I might try a little dab of oil in my hair, Michelle. Since it's kind of dry and curly, I often use a tiny bit of oil for moisture. :)

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Well, I called lucky mojo and was told that combining is an option because both spells are very similar but that she was also taught to follow the instructions to a tee and that i may get altered results if i combine them. i don't know if altered results is good or bad.

She (the lady working at lm) also asked me: why don't I do them in different times? Conjureman recommended this.

My midterms are coming up but then, I have my finals. It seems to be a good option, a spell kit before each exam occasion. But, I don't know....it is already too much that i need to wake up early, especially because school is very intense. Besides, both spell kits come with mojo bags and i want to prepare both early instead of leaving a spell kit + mojo for later.

At this moment, i feel insecure. i just want to do things right and get good results. i like the idea of combining a lot....but what if i don't get the results i want?

Well, after so much thinking and overanalyzing (unfortunately, I do this too much). I have decided to stop overthinking, build confidence and combine them both. Wish me luck! ;)
Edit at 9:53 pm.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Good follow thorough...

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:04 pm

well this is very helpful as I too am in the middle of spiritual baths (13-herb baths). Right now I am immersing my head each time (tonight may try pouring) but it means going to bed with a wet head, not the greatest in winter...
and it makes perfect sense that black women wouldn't want to get their hair wet with all of the effort that could go into a good hairstyle.

Of course if I didn't wash my hair or body again within 24 hours of a spritual bath I wouldn't actually wash my hair or body for 13 days, or ever at the gym. that doesn't seem workable (but it also doesn't say to do that in the 13-herb bath instructions).

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:04 pm

Traditionally when disposing at a crossroads you either make a libation of sorts by pouring the bath water out towards a particular direction (often determined by your work). For disposal of other remains one usually tosses over your left shoulder. Now, I have heard of some modern conjurers who were a bit nervous so they just drove by and tossed out the window. I have never tried this so I cannot tell you the effects.

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:56 am

Seriously... If the timing in the instructions is bad for you, then DO NOT DO IT THEN. Seriously. it's better to deviate and do it when you can fully concentrate ont he spellwork than to be doing it 'perfectly' but be panicky, tired and rushed.

There's ideal, and there's reality. In an ideal world, you'd follow the instructions exactly. In your reality, this isn't a great oprion for you. So you work around it. That is one of the greatest strenghts of Hoodoo- that it can be adapted to suit your circumstances.

siren
Newly Registered

Unread post by siren » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:27 am

Tossing out window just seems like cheating or something to me. So how about with the driving thing? Should you walk the entire way..or can I drive to a crossroads get out and dispose? I'm nervous about using the 3-fork crossroad..it's like RIGHT in front of my house and I'm the direct a true 4-way crossroad would be. Does it matter if it's a 4-way crossing you cross ALL the time, or is it better to find one you rarely do?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:07 pm

You can drive to a crossroads, especially if its a bit far for carrying something. Don't worry about driving through that crossroads regularly because the idea is that the spell gets sent on its way and the residue is dispersed by all who drive and walk through.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:22 pm

I agree with ConjureMan...driving to a crossroad is not cheating, circumstances dictate the need to drive.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:16 am

Geena wrote:Tossing out window just seems like cheating or something to me. So how about with the driving thing? Should you walk the entire way..or can I drive to a crossroads get out and dispose? I'm nervous about using the 3-fork crossroad..it's like RIGHT in front of my house and I'm the direct a true 4-way crossroad would be. Does it matter if it's a 4-way crossing you cross ALL the time, or is it better to find one you rarely do?
People drive to crossroads all the time. You can walk, I prefer walking because I hate to drive and I pray the whole time I walk. If you are getting rid of something really nasty I would do it away from my home in a place where I don't go that often. If you are doing a series of uncrossing baths for general cleansing I would use a crossroads that is busy because the idea here is that you are dispersing the water into the various directions.
good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

cutiepie

Unread post by cutiepie » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:53 am

if i buy spell kits and do it exactly like it says on the instruction sheets, do i still need to ground,protect myself,or cast a circle? or can i do spells without doing any of them? if i do need to protect myself first how can i do that? please let me now thanks.

im thinking to get follow me boy,love me and come to me spell kits. is follow me boy different than love me? who used follow me boy on here? sorry for the questions.

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”