Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
mar_2

Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by mar_2 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:19 pm

oh and also, after reading other posts and comments from other topics, its seems like I should not be making the first move in inititating contact..i.e cause that's where Follow me boy comes into play, which I DEFINATELY wont, but for some reason I feel, as time goes on, the more he wont contact me..hmmm.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:43 pm

For reconciliation work bury the wax remains in your front yard. If its aimed at keeping someone then bury in your back yard.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

mmcpower

Unread post by mmcpower » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:38 am

Thank you ConjureMan - you rock!!!

Simpleme

Unread post by Simpleme » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:36 pm

Thanks guys I'm learning here. I waiting for some cleansing stuff to arrive in a few days and then I'll do it again. I'm practicing now so that I avoid future mistakes.

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:01 pm

lol... when I made my honey jar, I was super obsessive about the whole not lifting the pen thing. I couldn't even tell you how many papers I threw away before finally making one I was satisfied with. And the part that was a bit frustrating to me was that there were a few that really weren't that bad, where I really didn't even actually lift up the pen, just maybe jerked it a bit or so (without it actually leaving the paper). And normally, I'm not very OCD. I'm more of a "yeah, that's good enough" kind of guy, but this was important so I kept at it until I got it right. It was very frustrating at the time, but I'm glad I stuck with it. You'll feel the same way once you get yours perfect.
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Hello,

Was just wondering, after working the sugar jar for a few weeks now, and if I have not heard from my target, do I make contact? I have been debating this idea now for the last few days. Unless its the effects of my own work..hmm

Khi Armand
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Khi Armand » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:02 am

hey all,

so a couple of friends and i have been in the market for an apartment for a little while and it's getting to that time when it seems we might have one in the near future (St. Anthony is definitely on it). but it's come to my attention that the significant energetic hurdle at the moment is our intra-strife. nothing too crazy, but, eh, we could be better. it's definitely apparent that we all do love one another and i do believe we could have a wonderful shared home life. the cards definitely didn't say run away from one another -- on the contrary, we're being urged "Temperance / 3 of Wands."

the reading was specifically on whether or not i should do work on this one apartment my friend showed me (i collected dirt from the property...not sure how exactly i'd use it) but was guided to handle this issue instead.

so i've decided to work a honey jar to support peace and friendship between the 3 of us (i imagine it will have a prominent place in our eventual home). i've read some suggestions in other topics concerning cloves and balm of gilead. was thinking of adding some chamomile, lavender, and catnip to the mix too. how might you suggest i create the name paper? mayhaps with a hair from each of us as well?

was also thinking of burning white candles, but not sure what a good oil might be...

thx ahead
Khi Armand - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - HRCC Graduate #1710

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:23 am

Hello.
centaurcunningman wrote:so i've decided to work a honey jar to support peace and friendship between the 3 of us (i imagine it will have a prominent place in our eventual home).
A very good idea, a honey jar never hurt anyone.
centaurcunningman wrote:i've read some suggestions in other topics concerning cloves and balm of gilead.
They were good suggestions and you should use them.
centaurcunningman wrote:was thinking of adding some chamomile, lavender, and catnip to the mix too.
None of those herbs belong in a honey jar for friendship.

Chamomile is for luck with money.
Lavender is mostly a love herb.
Catnip is a love herb used on men.

So unless you want to entice and have a sexual relationship with a guy those are out, the chamomile doesn't really work for it either.

Go with Cloves and Balm of Gilead Buds, one of each for every person involved. and buy the Peaceful Home Herb mix and add a pinch of that to the papers.

You don't seem to have a grasp of how herbs are used in magic, at least in rootwork, I suggest you pick up Ms.Cats book, Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic available here:http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html believe me its worth it.

centaurcunningman wrote:how might you suggest i create the name paper?
Write out a persons full name nine times, one under the other. Turn the paper 90 degrees and cross the name with a phrase like "Be sweet and kind" nine times. Fold the paper towards you around the clove and Balm of Gilead Bud and the personal concern of the person and a pinch of Peaceful Home herb mix.
centaurcunningman wrote: was also thinking of burning white candles, but not sure what a good oil might be
Blue candles and Peaceful Home oil.

That said, I'd suggest skipping all of that and buying the Peaceful Home honey jar kit, its fool proof :)
You can find it here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatspells.html towards the bottom of the page.

Good luck
HRCC Student #1559

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:02 am

HailDiscordia provides some excellent advice. I would venture to the Peaceful home honey jar at it is all ready to go...it only needs your prayers and personal items.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Khi Armand
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Khi Armand » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:24 am

thanks!
Khi Armand - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - HRCC Graduate #1710

hapinys

Unread post by hapinys » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:33 pm

I bought a jar of honey just now. I got some candles, and herbs, hair, etc. im ready to start on tomorrow (mon.)
Question - In the beginning, can I pour out some of the honey, so it doesnt over flow as i add stuff to it?

Also, i bought a huge honey jar (thats all they had)....can i just pour some of that honey in a smaller jar and use that instead? That way i can save the rest for another jar.

Hapinys

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:35 pm

hapinys wrote:I bought a jar of honey just now. I got some candles, and herbs, hair, etc. im ready to start on tomorrow (mon.)
Question - In the beginning, can I pour out some of the honey, so it doesnt over flow as i add stuff to it?
Eat a spoonful of the honey don't pour it out or throw it away. You can say somthig like "As honey is sweet to me so is "_____" sweet to me.
hapinys wrote:Also, i bought a huge honey jar (thats all they had)....can i just pour some of that honey in a smaller jar and use that instead? That way i can save the rest for another jar.
That's a fine idea.
HRCC Student #1559

Shiva2500

Unread post by Shiva2500 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:58 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am totally new to Hoodoo, so I excuse my ignorance... That being said, I have been suggested by an AIRR reader/ practitioner to do a 'money honey jar' for getting a job plus money in general. And ofcourse I have some questions...
I am planning on having my jar comprise of (waiting for your responses before I place my order from LM):
- Bayberry
- Gravel Root
- Devil's Shoe String
- Pyrite Chunk
- Allspice
- Cinnamon
- Salt
- Crown of Success (inside the jar + sprinkle on candles)
- Few drops of Van Van and Attraction Oil

1.) Does that sound like a good job getting/ money-in-general honey jar?
2.) Can I add some actual money like pennies, dimes etc? If so what kind?
3.) Do I need to add any personal concerns?
4.) I am also planning on getting a fixed vigil candle from LM to get the work started... Should I get Steady Work, Crown of Success or Money Drawing?
5.) I am planning on first lighting the vigil candle (whichever one)... moving it to the side, then starting my jar... adding all the ingredients in, then burning a green candle dressed in Van Van Oil, Attraction Oil and sprinkled w/ Crown of Success on top of the jar, and an orange candle dressed in Van Van Oil in the front... All forming an upside down triangle! Does that sound right/ good?

As for the petiton...
6.) Should I glue my picture to the glass vigil candle and write my petition on it (can I even take the label off the pre-fixed candle?), or just write my petition on petition paper to put inside the jar or both? I am confused since the glass vigil candle would be done in 7-days...
7.) Since I don't have any specific job prospects/ names etc. for potential employer, how should I address my petition? Should it be more like '... is the right candidate' or 'May I always have a steady flow of money' or 'job, money, success...'?

I know, I am sorry about the long list of questions... and I am totally open to suggestions, I bet u all can't wait till I get on my next topic... lol

Thanks for all your help!
With Love,
Shiva2500

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Since you are ordering from LM, they have a fixed honey jar for job getting and all you have to do is add a personal concern; instructions are included so there is no guess work.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:22 pm

Whatever the AIRR worker suggested in terms of ingredients is what you should put in your jar. However, these ingredients sound great to me. As for the actual money, I dont think that would make a huge difference, and I do not think it would matter, which coin you put in the honey jar. I know some people put a dressed dollar bill, and that was just one dollar. I would get a steady work honey jar for the job aspect of it. If you want you can work with St. Joseph on this as well. Your spell overall sounds great.

As for the petition, you can put your picture on the outside of the vigil jar, and write a petition to put it under the candle. For the jar, you can put it inside the jar or under the jar. You can write your petition across the picture and put it inside the honey jar or underneath the jar. That is up to you.

For the job, I would state may the perfect job with the following characteristics be attracted to me, and then list what you would want in a job. Do not be too specific as you want to be flexible. You can put a separate petition and write steady flow of money and success. For instances, like this I would put these petitions under the honey jar that way you can work the honey jar later in the future for future uses.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Shiva2500

Unread post by Shiva2500 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:26 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am totally new to Hoodoo, so I excuse my ignorance... That being said, I have been suggested by an AIRR reader/ practitioner to do a honey jar and or a lover's candle and or a reconciliation candle for getting my long term now ex-boyfriend back. Who I am totally head over heels in love with. We still talk almost everyday and see eachother every so often, and ofcourse there's lots of sexual tension :) His stance is basically that he is attracted to me, he loves me, he cares a lot about me, and wants to hang out, talk etc. but is not 'in love with me/ he is sure he will do something to mess things up and is afraid of loosing me forever'... But I think its his fear of commitment/ intimacy! After a few months since we broke up he recently told me that 'ya, I am sorry I did freak out back then.' I can't explain it but I just know he's the one! In the four years that we were apart after we first dated 7 yrs ago (we did not actually break up I moved very far away to a different university and we decided not to try the long distance thing) he could not stop talking about me to his friends, he said 'I know she is the one' etc. and he always found a way to keep in touch... even if it meant tracking me down after my phone number would change :) So finally after college and much convincing I moved down to his city to see what happens (very unlike me) and things were great for 2 years, till he freaked out or something, I am not sure what exactly happened... But anyway going back to Hoodoo... coz I am so ready to get things going on the right track :)

I am planning on getting the Reconciliation Honey Jar kit from LM (to sweeten him etc.), but I am planning on also adding the following to it (since other than Balm of Gileads, I am not sure what else it already has):
- Our Hair
- Cardamon
- Cinnamon
- Cherry Bark (can also use some for a later Love Me/ Stay with Me jar)
- Queen Elizabeth Root (Powder, so I can mix some with reconciliation and Healing powders to sprinkle on him etc.)
- A Pair of Lodgestones
- 9-Love-Herb Mix anointed w/ 9 Love Oils (I can also use them for a bath or a later Love Me/ Stay with Me jar)
- Bay leaves
- A pinch of Healing and Reconciliation sachet powders (to put inside the jar + sprinkle on candles, him etc.)
- A few drops of Reconcilitaion, Attraction and Van Van Oil
- 1 more Love oil or powder not sure which one Love Me, Adam & Eve, Follow me Boy, Return to Me or Dxie Love or any other (any suggestions) What about clarity, compelling etc.???

1.) Does that sound like a good jar?
2.) Do I need magnetic sand to feed the lodgestones before I put them in the jar? How do u name the lodgestones, as in do I have to write our names on each lodgestone? If so, how do I know which is male or female? What can I write with?
3.) To get the work going should I burn reconciliation vigil candle or a lover's figural candle? Or should I do a figural candle at home and get LM to set light to a reconciliation vigil candle? Or any other suggesstions for candles?
4.) I was planning on getting a red lover's candle dressing it w/ Reconciliation, Attraction, another Love Oil and some Healing powder and burning it to get the work started... moving it aside, then preparing my honey jar, burning a pink candle dressed in same oils/ powders on top of the jar, and a white candle dressed in Van Van Oil and Healing powder in front..... All forming an upside down triangle! Does that sound right/ good?
5.) Should I also put a picture of the 2 of us together inside the jar or just him with the petition written on it? If u think it should be both of us in the pic.... how should the petition go...'We belong together,' got anything better than that??? If its just him.... should the petition go like "... is the one'???
2.) Can I put another petition under the pink candles being burned on top of the jar to address the 'reconciliation' part?

I know this is a lot of questions and confusion, but its my first time doing this and I havn't received Ms. Cat's book yet :) So, thank you for all your help!

With Love,
Shiva2500

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:38 pm

Personally, i would get a reading done on this situation because you need to address the reason why he cannot make a move. To me, the reconciliation has already been addressed, but there is something missing that is preventing this person from engaging in an actually relationship. On the flip side, seems like you and him are already in relationship just without the title. Like most women...we tend to get hung up on the title of things when we already have the man and actual relationship. The attraction, and everything else is already there. While, i like the honey jar that you are putting together. I do not think this is going to address your problem. So write this down, and save it for a later date if needed.

i think your person needs some crucible of courage work done given from what you have said he "freaks out" and then hides in the hills. He needs some courage work to be in an actual relationship. The attraction and everything else is there. You can still do this honey jar to keep him going, but I would do some work for clarity and courage to get him on board with you. In regards to the sexual tension, you can do some kiss me now work for that. You can even work a red penis candle for that as well. Again, get a reading to confirm...and see exactly what is preventing him from engaging in an actual relationship.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Shiva2500

Unread post by Shiva2500 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:10 pm

Thanks Starsinthesky 7, as u can see I am quite confused about which approach to take. The previous reader/ rootworker suggested a honey jar and or a adam & eve candle and or a reconciliation candle etc. (which makes sense, to keep the feelings sweet/ going) but I do agree it seems like I need to do something to give him a bit of a push to move forward and remove whatever is blocking him...

I guess I will have to have another reading done on this part of my life :)
Thanks Again!

Shiva2500

Unread post by Shiva2500 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:15 pm

jwmcclin wrote:Since you are ordering from LM, they have a fixed honey jar for job getting and all you have to do is add a personal concern; instructions are included so there is no guess work.
Yes, I saw that but I just figured it wouldn't be as strong but I think I might try it for the job aspect...

Thanks Again!

Shiva2500

Unread post by Shiva2500 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Thank you again... starsinthesky7,

You give great explanations :) Now that this honey jar is pretty much firgured out, I can concentrate on my 'Love' problem (from the 'Reconciliation Honey Jar...desperately need help!!!' post...

hapinys

Unread post by hapinys » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:17 am

Thank u sooooooooooo very much!!!

sk2001

Unread post by sk2001 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:58 am

Devi Spring wrote:You are supposed to not lift the pen for that particular part of the petition.

You've injected a great deal of doubt into your work at this point. I would take apart the jar, do a cleansing, and start again later doing everything confidently.
How do we take the jar apart, especially if we dont have a water body around??
Tank you :)

sk2001

Unread post by sk2001 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:16 am

happilydysphoric wrote:Oh i spoke to the candle as if it were him. but he DID often call/text/im me while i was burning and praying, which was one of the first signs for me that it was working.
kmew1315 wrote: I just realized something. Do you mean you talked to your target as in a spiritual, symbolic kind of thing or that you literally picked up the phone and talked to them?
Did you start noticing him texting /calling you withing that week?? did you burn a candle everyday??

sk2001

Unread post by sk2001 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:23 am

kmew1315 wrote: the bible.
I apologize for sounding silly but is there a link to find the song of solomon on the net?
Thank you nand God Bless :)

sk2001

Unread post by sk2001 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:26 am

Literarylioness wrote: Yes, you can add a picture to a honey jar. Candle holders can be changed, as well.

Good luck!

Mary
Hey Mary, I'm new and I apologize if I sound silly but do you think it sok to use clove honey, our pic and cinnemon in the spell? he is in another country so I cant get more personalized items. Then burn a red candle everyday after praying till I see results? Does it matter what size the candle is and if its a tall candle, do we sit till it burns all?
Than you for all your help :)
God bless ya.

sk2001

Unread post by sk2001 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:44 am

Annabelle[/quote]

Dear Annabelle
I hope you can help me. I wont say mines hte weirdest case of all as we have our own situations but I think I def need help and would sincerely appreciate your advice.
Heres my story. So in 2006, I met this guy and we clicked and although he lived in London, he came to see me again. then due to my sillyness and coz I was drunk, I messed up and offended him. we stil ltalked but it wasnt like before. so in 2008, i worked hard and found myself a job for several months in his city, however, we only talked a few times. i tried my best but htings didnt work out. then when i got back he started calin me again and several times told how he didnt know what happened. cutting short, things were on and off between us till last august where he just stopped talking all together. so i did a honey jar for him. Heres what I did. I took a clean glass jar, our pic- wrote his name on it at the back, red long candle and honey. I prayed to God before performing it saying I do not mean any harm to anyone at all and then added the photo in the jar, then honey and then closed the jar and burnt the candle on it. I let it burn and then hid the jar under my bed. I heard from him within a month. We talked and he wanted me to go to his country again so we could try again. Although I wanted to, I refused to go see him- budget issues and didn't wanna sound too desperate again. I know I know I felt silly doing that after but icoudlnt undo it.So didnt hear from him after that. I burnt another candle and while I was working he gave me several missed calls the very next day. But when I called him back, he didn't answer. I waited a couple of days and burnt another candle.I haven't heard from him since his missed calls. A friend of mine mentioned that we shouldn't think about the spell after performing it which ofcourse I did. Being new at this, I kept thinking about not messing it up or doing it right. I take full responsibilty of having doubts in my own work and I didnt even light a candle everyday which I shold have. Now if I wanna start afresh, what should I do with the old jar spell? How do we discard it? can I just drain the jar in my kitchen sink and reuse it? what do we do with the picture? also while performing the spell, do we have to sit and concentrate the whole time the candle is burning?
Please advice. I sincerely apologize in advance if I asked you cazillion questions and I hope it doesn't annoy you but I really need your help.
Thanks a bunch and God bless :)

sk2001

Unread post by sk2001 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:52 am

I hope you can help me. I wont say mines the weirdest case of all as we have our own situations but I think I def need help and would sincerely appreciate your advice. I do apologize in advance for sounding silly and like many here, I am a newbie too
Heres my story. So in 2006, I met this guy and we clicked and although he lived in another country, he came to see me again. then due to my sillyness and coz I was drunk, I messed up and offended him. we stil ltalked but it wasnt like before. so in 2008, i worked hard and found myself a job for several months in his city, however, we only talked a few times. i tried my best but htings didnt work out. then when i got back he started calin me again and several times told how he didnt know what happened. cutting short, things were on and off between us till last august where he just stopped talking all together. so i did a honey jar for him. Heres what I did. I took a clean glass jar, our pic- wrote his name on it at the back, red long candle and honey. I prayed to God before performing it saying I do not mean any harm to anyone at all and then added the photo in the jar, then honey and then closed the jar and burnt the candle on it. I let it burn and then hid the jar under my bed. I heard from him within a month. We talked and he wanted me to go to his country again so we could try again. Although I wanted to, I refused to go see him- budget issues and didn't wanna sound too desperate again. I know I know I felt silly doing that after but icoudlnt undo it.So didnt hear from him after that. I burnt another candle and while I was working he gave me several missed calls the very next day. But when I called him back, he didn't answer. I waited a couple of days and burnt another candle.I haven't heard from him since his missed calls. A friend of mine mentioned that we shouldn't think about the spell after performing it which ofcourse I did. Being new at this, I kept thinking about not messing it up or doing it right. I take full responsibilty of having doubts in my own work and I didnt even light a candle everyday which I shold have. Now if I wanna start afresh, what should I do with the old jar spell? How do we discard it? can I just drain the jar in my kitchen sink and reuse it? what do we do with the picture? also while performing the spell, do we have to sit and concentrate the whole time the candle is burning?
Please advice. I sincerely apologize in advance if I asked you cazillion questions and I hope it doesn't annoy you but I really need your help.
Thanks a bunch and God bless :)

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Do you have running water in your house? Then you can take apart a honey jar without issues. You just dismantle it, rinse everything, and then dispose of any left over remains at a crossroads.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:33 pm

sk2001 - please don't post the same thing or the same questions in multiple threads.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Google "song of solomon"

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:26 pm

sk2001 wrote: I apologize for sounding silly but is there a link to find the song of solomon on the net?
Thank you nand God Bless :)
Google "Song of Solomon" "King James Bible" if you like the Old English style.

sk2001

Unread post by sk2001 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Devi Spring wrote:Do you have running water in your house? Then you can take apart a honey jar without issues. You just dismantle it, rinse everything, and then dispose of any left over remains at a crossroads.
Thank you Devi
plz plz plz dont get mad at me but i dont get it. do you mean open the jar, take the honey and the pic out and then rinse it in under the water from the tap? then dispose the honey and the pic in some bag at cross roads? can this crossrd be one i use everytime?

sk2001

Unread post by sk2001 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:38 pm

Devi Spring wrote:sk2001 - please don't post the same thing or the same questions in multiple threads.
sorry Devi, i just wasnt sure what the right thread was for my question. i just joined today. i wont do that again i promise.

sk2001

Unread post by sk2001 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:42 pm

Thank you Kevin,
its just when i googled it, there were many links for it so wasnt sure. this helps. :)

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:30 pm

The honey rinses away. All of it.
It doesn't have to be a special crossroad.

hapinys

Unread post by hapinys » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi,
I came across some damiana that i will add to my honey jar. However, I have some magnolia herbs. Was reading on the forum about that but didnt see if i could addmagnolia to honey jar.

MY HJ will consist of:
His hair, my hair, his picture, spikenard herbs, catnip, rose petals and damiana. I heard that friday was the best day to start - so i will start this friday.

How does this sound?

Thank-x for all your input.
Just wanna to focus and really prepare for friday and put all my energy into this.

-Hapinys

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:01 pm

hapinys wrote: MY HJ will consist of:
His hair, my hair, his picture, spikenard herbs, catnip, rose petals and damiana. I heard that friday was the best day to start - so i will start this friday.

How does this sound?
Looks like a great combo for love. :P

sk2001

Unread post by sk2001 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Devi Spring wrote:The honey rinses away. All of it.
It doesn't have to be a special crossroad.
But if the honey rinses away, whats left for the crossroads? I only used honey and put a pic in it. the candles that i burnt were clean- very little (size of a quarter) wax residue.
God Bless.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:41 pm

hapinys wrote:Hi,
I came across some damiana that i will add to my honey jar. However, I have some magnolia herbs. Was reading on the forum about that but didnt see if i could addmagnolia to honey jar.

MY HJ will consist of:

How does this sound?

Thank-x for all your input.
Just wanna to focus and really prepare for friday and put all my energy into this.

-Hapinys
That sounds like as good a love jar as anything I'd make :D Magnolia leaves would be a good addition, they insure a strong and happy marriage/partnership. Be sure to hide some between the mattress and box spring of the bed ;)
HRCC Student #1559

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:34 pm

sk2001 wrote: But if the honey rinses away, whats left for the crossroads? I only used honey and put a pic in it. the candles that i burnt were clean- very little (size of a quarter) wax residue.
God Bless.
Very little is not nothing. That bit of wax the size of a quarter is one thing to dispose of. Are you reusing the picture? If not, that's another thing.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:06 pm

you should try and not think about the work when you do it as the saying is set it and forget it.. sounds like the jar is fine so no real reason to do it over, though I would burn a red candle mon-weds-fri and dress it with proper oils like love me oil, come to me oil firey love, follow me boy.. read the songs of solomon while you pray over the jar for him to come to you. Sounds like it worked when he wanted you to come and try again.. its common people think magic didnt work when really it did they just did not take the chance. IF you want to do a new one and you still want him to love you, then I would keep it hidden away ( dont dispose of it). disposing is like letting him go. you can burry the jar in your yard to keep him near or in a flower pot in the home, water with rose water or holy water. then make the new one. LM sells the honey jar kits if you want detailed instructions along with all needed items. Good luck.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

hapinys

Unread post by hapinys » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:42 pm

so dont use the magnolia herbs???

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:57 pm

hapinys wrote:so dont use the magnolia herbs???
If you are married to the person your working on then use them, if not then no.
HRCC Student #1559

Shiva2500

Unread post by Shiva2500 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Is it better to do a Adam & Eve Moving Candle spell or just burn a fixed Come to Me/ or Reconciliation/ or Love Me vigil candle when starting a honey jar for reconciliation/ love?

Thanks!

sk2001

Unread post by sk2001 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:35 pm

j82 wrote:you should try and not think about the work when you do it as the saying is set it and forget it.. sounds like the jar is fine so no real reason to do it over, though I would burn a red candle mon-weds-fri and dress it with proper oils like love me oil, come to me oil firey love, follow me boy.. read the songs of solomon while you pray over the jar for him to come to you. Sounds like it worked when he wanted you to come and try again.. its common people think magic didnt work when really it did they just did not take the chance. IF you want to do a new one and you still want him to love you, then I would keep it hidden away ( dont dispose of it). disposing is like letting him go. you can burry the jar in your yard to keep him near or in a flower pot in the home, water with rose water or holy water. then make the new one. LM sells the honey jar kits if you want detailed instructions along with all needed items. Good luck.
thankyou j82. I'll start burning a candle from tomorrow, being wednesday. also, where can I get these oils from? It's been time since I last burnt a candle on my honey jar, it should be ok to just start praying and burning candle on it right?
I really appreciate your help :)

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:39 am

Well I'm not Mary, but I can give you a hand...

Whether or not you use cinnamon depends entirely on what you're trying to achieve. Do you want this man to contact you? Do you want him to come home to you? Why don't you take a look at the herb magic website, and scroll through the list and see if something jumps out as being suited to your purpose?

If you have a picture of the two of you together, then it is a great thing to put in the jar. If not, then you need to take a picture of each of you and use honey to glue them face to face.

You can use whatever sized candle you have/can easily get/think is appropriate. You don't need to sit with it until it burns allt he way through. You WILL need to pray and sit with it for at least 15 minutes after it has been lit. You may not see results right away, and how often you burn the candle is up to you. You can burn one daily, weekly, or burn it for half an hour each night. It's up to you, how strong you are, how much work you feel nees to be done, and what your goals are.

I hope that helps. I invite Mary to chip in with her ideas and opinions though, she's been at this Hoodoo business longer than I have and probably has better ideas and information to offer.

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:58 am

Yes, you can start praying and burning candles on it again. Honey jars are made to be used long term.

As for where to get the oils... Er... Try here?

sk2001

Unread post by sk2001 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:31 am

NotDorianGray wrote:Well I'm not Mary, but I can give you a hand...

Whether or not you use cinnamon depends entirely on what you're trying to achieve. Do you want this man to contact you? Do you want him to come home to you? Why don't you take a look at the herb magic website, and scroll through the list and see if something jumps out as being suited to your purpose?

If you have a picture of the two of you together, then it is a great thing to put in the jar. If not, then you need to take a picture of each of you and use honey to glue them face to face.
I hope that helps. I invite Mary to chip in with her ideas and opinions though, she's been at this Hoodoo business longer than I have and probably has better ideas and information to offer.
oh no no, plz it's ok if your not Mary. Thankyou for your reply. Your are answers are enlightening as well. :)
God bless

sk2001

Unread post by sk2001 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:46 am

NotDorianGray wrote:Well I'm not Mary, but I can give you a hand...

after it has been lit. You may not see results right away, and how often you burn the candle is up to you. You can burn one daily, weekly, or burn it for half an hour each night. It's up to you, how strong you are, how much work you feel nees to be done, and what your goals are.

Hi I sent you a prvt msg. Hope you dont mind. It still shows on my outbox vs. in sent mail so you may have gotten it twice. I apologize in advance :)

sk2001

Unread post by sk2001 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:52 am

NotDorianGray wrote:Yes, you can start praying and burning candles on it again. Honey jars are made to be used long term.

As for where to get the oils... Er... [url=http://www.luckymojo.com]Try here?[/url}]
hi Hun, thanks for reply. Actually you can disregard my messgae since you just answered the question I asked in it.
I didn't know about lucky mojo oils :$. Just joined yesterday but I do now. :)
thanks a bunch again

hapinys

Unread post by hapinys » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 am

Yes Hail, he is my husband : )
Thank-YOU

Awesome!!! Im so excited - cant wait till friday.
YYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYY

moondancer

Unread post by moondancer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:03 am

Hi everyone :)

I've been researching this forum for hours already and I have come about different responses, so I'm a little confused. What are the best and most appropriate colors for love honey jars? Some members I see, say that you can use just white candles, which is an all purpose color yet, some spell books make mention that candle colors are important because they give a vibrational frequency that helps manifest your desired intentions... so if someone would kindly give me clarity on this, it would greatly be appreciated. In essence, I want to know if colors really have an impact and are important for a spells manifestation? I'll have you that although I've been using white candles, since it's what I have available, the idea of burning pink candles on the honey jar has been overwhelming, to the point that I've made the change and now feel relieved, although I still don't know why I experienced this. Please, also address, when is the right time to change candle color, say from pink to red. I prefer to keep silent about the specific intention concerning the honey jar for my works sake ;) , I hope you understand.

Thank you so very much.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:23 am

Before candles dyes existed, all candles were brownish-yellowish-tan of beeswax or tallow. Later, purified white paraffin candles were invented. Then, after a while, ways were invented to dye the white paraffin different colours. By the 1940s, many workers were recommending the use of different colours of candles for different purposes.

You can read more about the subject of candle colours and their symbolism in this section of "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" --

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#colour

You ask if the colours of the candles really have an effect -- and then you tell us that you definitely noticed the difference when you changed from burning white candles to burning pink candles.

I think you just answered your own question.

Also, for the definitive and complete knowledge on sweet spells, please do check out the book "Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells" by my good friend and colleague Deacon Millett. You can read the entire Table of Contents for the book here:

http://luckymojo.com/hoodoohoneyandsugarspells.html

Order the book here:

BOO-GRI-HHSS
Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells: by Deacon Millett
$9.00

Click the blue Add To Cart button to order right here in the forum.

Good luck to you!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

moondancer

Unread post by moondancer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:41 am

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for responding to me, while I do appreciate the historical information and from what you write I can only infer, that it seems, it really is a matter of preference when it comes to a worker's personal style back in the days.

I do not feel that I answered my own question. Being new to Hoodoo I do not believe in assuming, I know that there is always a cause and an effect to things and this is what I am trying to understand/establish. Though I feel that by following my intuition I did well, it does not explain the reason behind it.

As mentioned before, I read in a book that colors do have an effect on magic through vibrational frequencies (is this true), does it, to put it plainly, affect the outcome of magic in terms of the manifestation?

For example, let's say I wanted to cast the following spells, money, love, protection and banishing looking at the above link, I would have to use 4 different colors, but prior to the 1940's there was only 1 color, today white is considered a general purpose color, could I just use white for the afore mentioned spells or would the appropriate corresponding colors make a difference in terms of manifestation and potency of the spell or would the spells fail because of the improper use of color?

I do know that all of these things are tools and that the magic ultimately comes from you the petitioner, but even when it comes to enhancing/strengthening a spell with herbs or oils, you have to know the properties of them and which one to use and most importantly THE WHY behind it. If it's just a dye that's been added to give it color, is it really that important to follow the color correspondence?

I'm sorry if I come forth as being too inquisitive, but I like to have a solid understanding of things and a well grounded perception as to why I need to do things in a certain way. I like to learn things properly, this is why I ask...my intuition cannot serve me as a reliable teacher this is why I am asking these questions and looking for guidance.

If someone could respond to this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:19 am

I've heard to use pink, the AIRR rootsworker I am working with prefers red and purple. I sometimes use pink anyway. I think you could experiment and see what happens.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:34 pm

Here's one way to look at it:

It's all about building a large amount of energy resonating/vibrating with your intent. Every symbol, every appropriate herb, oil and root, every prayer, every candle, every powder, etc all creates a strong harmonious "picture" of what you are looking to manifest. Like-attracts-like, so if you can create an altar that just pours forth and seethes with the energy that you are trying to attract to yourself, it will be an astral magnet for those same forces.

Colored candles burn with a specific vibration, dictated in large part by the color of the wax (the coloring changes the vibration of the wax, hence why you see one color and not another - it has been changed to fit within a certain vibrational spectrum). So you can pick a candle that adds an extra layer of energy/vibration resonant with your intent. It adds an extra bit of push. You can also work with white, because white contains all colors, and so it will not detract away from your work in any way, and can aid in any type of work due to it's flexibility. However, a colored candle is a bit more fine-tuned. So if you are able to use that extra bit of tuning - great! If you cannot, then you will not detract from your work by using a plain white candle.

And this doesn't even start to get into the topic of color psychology and how looking at a colored burning candle triggers different emotional/mental/spiritual effects within your brain. Colors make affect your physiological make up and can alter your brain waves. Using certain colors for certain magical acts helps to tune your MIND-BODY-SPIRIT into what you are doing, too.

SO - Is the dye important. Yes. It has changed the candle to hold a certain vibrational pattern. Yes. It changes your brain waves and primes your mind-body-spirit to hold a certain energy.
Can you do without it. Yes. Use white as it is neutral.
However, you can always use all the help you can get. Every little bit helps.

But I can tell you that if you go to do your spell and your head is all spinning with the 'whys' and 'hows' and minute details of the mechanics of everything, you're going to have a tough time of concentrating on the work at hand. You want to turn everything over to your intuition at that point - the very intuition you don't want to trust as a teacher. Which is sad - because the intuition is one the very best teachers you will ever be blessed with.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:59 pm

Hey everyone,

I had a question, it has been roughly a month for my sugar jar, which I work everyday, along with a candle on the side. I have not seen much results, except for a few weeks ago,when I came across my target, where nothing really happend. But no results in him contacting me/coming towards me. SO my question is, what is the time limit for a sugar jar? I mean is it 3 months or longer?

ThaNks

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:01 pm

You may want to get a reading on your situation to see what is going on.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:06 pm

I did and was told that he is ATTRACTED TO ME, just a stubborn guy..so now i just keep working the sugar jar and my candle?

moondancer

Unread post by moondancer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi freegirl and Devi :D

I would like to thank the two of you for taking the time out of your day to answer my questions and concerns, I really appreciate it.

I especially thank you Devi for lending clarity and understanding regarding the colors when it comes to psychology and spell casting effects/results. It's not that I do not want to trust my instincts, it just that my knowledge has come from self education, which is not the same as having a mentor/teacher show you the ropes and guide you as to why things need to be done in a certain way for the best outcome possible. It's the lack of having a teacher walk you through that can many times "hold you back", cause self doubts and from observing your message to me, possibly even affect the results that one is seeking to acquire for lack of the necessary components, in this case color, because you're not certain if what you're doing is necessarily right and best way to approach things.

Devi, you've helped know and now understand that my intuition is in fact guiding me in the right direction with its "insistence" I've also been feeling tempted to add 3 colors into play, white, pink and red all at once for each casting, rather than alternating them. Now knowing and feeling empowered with the knowledge you've given I know that this is the right direction for me to take. Like I said earlier, I've read many posts here before opening this thread, but I still felt confused as the posts were not necessarily addressing my concerns and this is what I was needing and looking for. Thank you for the kindness and great advice, I will take it to heart.

Blessings.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”