Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Christina2

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by Christina2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:10 am

Of course I let it burn out and continue working - just currious if it has any meanings because it make like that the last couple of candles...

faith2008

Unread post by faith2008 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:52 am

The best thing for you to do then is get a reading. You can google AIRR and there is a list of reputable readers that you can choice from.

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:28 am

I was burning a red taper candle for St. Martha for relationships, as the candle was burning, a chunk of wax were left standing, and when wax getting softer it hung upside down on a candle forming a "scoop". Any ideas to what a scoop might mean?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:05 am

What does the scoop mean to YOU?? That's how you learn to divine shapes - you have to trust what the symbol means to you. It could mean different things to different people. There's no one way to read signs of that type.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:19 am

Thanks Devi!
I really had to struggle at first to come up with something. Its clearly a scoop, but why? I couldnt think of anything!
Now I have a thought, but wanted to see what would other people interpret it as.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:29 pm

Cat has several books on divination skyme714 found here...http://www.missionary-independent.org/b ... ation.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Thanks, I def have to get one.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:54 am

I was burning a vigil candle and it was going well, not too many stuck herbs, but just as it was burning out this morning the whole thing turned BLACK, with a bad smell too!

Waht does this mean? it was a love candle, and it worked at least in part this week.

I've never seen a candle do that-- usually if it's going black it turns black sooner, this is RIGHT at the end. could it just be the herbs etc. left at the bottom or is it a sign?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:39 am

Sometimes it is because of the herbs that are in the bottle, but outside of that consider the candle divination page on LM...http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Side note: I was told that when the candle burns at the bottom while it may be due to the herbs in the bottom, spiritually it could mean that your spell was found out. (Although I did follow that spell with a white candle dressed with Blessing oils and repeated the work the following day and it burned clear) Now please don't take my word as law, someone with more experience will respond.

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:42 pm

Currently, I'm in the process of working a multi-day skull candle spell, but I've noticed this with other candles too, so it's a general question. I work my candles at night when the rest of my household is sleeping because I need to work in secrecy. After I'm done, I'll usually leave my room at least once before I go to sleep (at the very least to go to the bathroom and brush my teeth and get ready for sleep). When I come back to my room, sometimes it smells really smokey. Sometimes it doesn't (I obviously don't smell it while I'm in there. It's one of those things you only notice when you leave and come back). The smell dissipates by the morning, but I'd like to take as few chances as I can and was wondering if there was any way to make it smell less. There has to be something done differently between the times it's smokier than when it isn't. I use a LM candle snuffer to put out the flames if that makes any difference at all (and sometimes I've held it over the flame for a little bit extra after the flame is already out to see if it makes a difference and it doesn't seem to). I thought I remember reading that a candle snuffer makes it smell less smokier than using your fingers (that and I'm a wimp). And obviously blowing out the candle is not an option. As far as I know, the increased smokiness is not a sign or anything relevant to any divination (it's not like it's super smokey like I'm in Los Angeles or something - it's just something I can definitely smell), but if it is than I guess I just have to deal with it because I don't like to mess with things that affect the signs. I know the LM divination page says that sometimes people do things to their candles to influence the signs in the way it burns, but that just seems unnatural to me.
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Are you keeping the wick trimmed to a uniform length from one day to the next? A longer wick will result in a smokier burn. Allow the wick to cool before trimming it, or trim it right before you work the candle the next time. You want it to be no longer nor much shorter than a 1/4 inch in length. Unless you are dressing your candle with an excessive amount of oil or some other material, the wick length would be my guess.

Good luck,

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:03 pm

That's probably it. I doubt it has anything to do with the oils or materials since the skull candle burn is just hollowing out the middle of the candle and not even really getting in much contact with the oils. But on the other hand though, I've never actually trimmed the wick. Of course, when I burn other candles, the oils get burned, but not only is the smokiness independent of what I'm burning, but I don't really think I use too much of the oils anyway. I'll take note of the wick length next time (but as I burn it, won't the wick get longer as the candle melts away? Or does that not matter as much?).

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Some of the wick is consumed by the flame as the candle burns down...but if you don't trim it from time to time it will eventually get too long. Sometimes too long wicks will form a loop, burn in two and drop off...that smokes quite a bit. Also a wick that is too long can pop and spark, and will sometimes drop debris into your candle. So you really do need to keep it trimmed on a large candle like the skull that LM sells. Just take care not to trim shorter than 1/4 inch, otherwise you then end up with several hours worth of a very tiny flame....frustrating.
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:35 pm

This is going to require a reading. As the previous poster said, it could be because you put too many herbs, and they smoked at the bottom to create the soot. On the other than, it could be a negative sign for your work. It could be some blocks, the person could be aware of your work, etc. A reading would be advantageous for you here to help guage where you should go from here.

However, you could do some road opening work, and then repeat the candle that you did. If it smokes again, then I would definitely take it as a sign, and your next step would be to get a reading.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Trimming is something as you burn candles you'll learn more and more about. Its one of those tools of the trade or tricks of the trade you learn. Generally, I only trim the wicks on my large candles that I burn over a period of days-skull candle being one of the ones that I trim. The skull candle has a great deal of wax in its body and a very thick wick which needs to be maintained. Personally, I trim the wick only on these large candles while not touching the other wicks. I tend to do a great deal of candle divination and am able to interpret more when I don't interfere with it.

As to feeling unnatural about manipulating the candle, I recommend you try it from time to time. Remember if you baptize your candle in that person's name then you are manipulating that very person everytime you intervene to ensure wax melts a certain way or the candle moves in a particular fashion. It is a useful addition to spellwork from time to time.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Get a reading to ascertain what may be going on. You can call up LM directly and set up candle divination with one of their readers there.

Usually when it turns black towards the bottom means that your work was moving along smoothly but may have some negativity at the end. In love work this may mean that either the target is being alerted of your work (magical or otherwise), or that they begin to resist it right when you're work begins to take hold.

Call up and get a divination, follow up with Road Opening, Cleansing, and Protection. This will help alleviate the blocks, clean out what residue remains, while also affording you protection from interference. Aftewards repeat your work and see what results you get. Try not to be too alarmed, if its a sign take it as a blessing that you received it so you may address the issue rather than let it get worse.

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:36 pm

ConjureManAli

I realized something after I typed that. I don't like manipulating the candle because it feels like I'm trying to get it to do what I want instead of what it naturally would be doing. But then I realized something.... that's exactly what conjure is in the first place, manipulating something to be what I want when it's not the natural outcome. :lol: With that said, the skull candles that I'm working on now seem to have a very consistent burn straight down the middle, so I'm not sure how exactly to manipulate it too much. Actually, the vast majority of my candles have had pretty consistent burns, which I take to be good signs as to my work.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:52 am

I just got done burning a skull candle, and the entire thing burned. Nothing was left intact. Ive noticed that it burns better when you drill holes in the middle of the candle with like a hot nail, or with like a screw driver. Then put the herbs and oils inside then reseal it up. I still put some herbs on the outside, but for the most part they go inside the candle. Mine burned all the way down..no face intact or anything. Or perhaps putting the herbs inside have nothing to do with it, but Ive noticed my candles yield better results, and the flames on the candles are about 3 to 4 inches high. Very interesting to watch. So try that method.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:15 am

I consulted the rootsworker I've been working with and she said right away that it is nothing. I don't have road opening/cleansing/protection in the house, unfortunately, but I do have an uncrossing so I think I'll get that started meantime!

GoddessMojo

Unread post by GoddessMojo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:33 am

Kevin,
this is totally mundane but...
candles do smoke when they are put out, more than when they are lit- as the wick cools it sends off a pretty good stream of smoke, even when you use a snuffer- it's unavoidable, even with trimming the wick. If you are at a stage in the candle where the wax has formed a large pool around the wick and is not draining away, or herbs are very hot or burning, this will cause more smoke than otherwise.
You might consider using a large glass mixing bowl to put over your candle to put it out. Obviously make sure it is big enough and heat resistant- most 'cake batter' type bowls are- look for the brand name Pyrex, the key is to seal all supply of air off from the candle, so no bowls with spouts. Turn it upside down and place over your candle making sure it sits firmly on the surface of the table or whatever. The candle should go out as soon as it burns all the oxygen inside the bowl, and then you will see the bowl fill with smoke. Leave the bowl in place until you burn again to allow the smoke to condense and not escape and smell up your room.
Also, a really excellent room freshener for neutralizing smoke smells of all manner- wax, herbs, etc. is Ozium. I find it in auto supply stores.
Thank you Saint Martha for hearing my petition and for your ongoing good works for myself and others.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:42 pm

You should always be protecting yourself. So on your next order you should get some protection supplies. It is important to do protection now rather than wait until you have someone throwing spells your way.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:25 am

I agree with starsinthesky7...cleansing and protection is always in order no matter what work you are doing.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:27 am

I have some cleansing products, 13 herb bath, but what would you suggest for protection? I might order another protection candle for my home (had one going that has finished). What else?

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:19 am

Hail Discordia started an excellent post on protection here. Other posters also chimed in and gave some useful tips:

home-protection-t1217.html#p20544

Besides some of the things mentioned in the above post (like devil's pod and sealing windows, burning FWP incense and dressed candles, etc), I cleanse my flat with ammonia once a week. It makes a difference for removing heavy thought forms and minor negativity. Sometimes I fumigate myself with frankincense, after I've taken a cleansing bath (sit on a chair and wrap myself up in a white bed sheet, with the charcoal disk burning in a holder on the floor). Occasionally I burn dragon blood incense with all the doors and windows open, when I feel a lot of baggage/negativity has built up. I take the 13 herbs bath once a month, if I'm doing heavy (not dark, just a fair bit of) work or a lot is going on my in my life.

Road Opening, Van Van, Protection and various cleansing products are very important to have.
HRCC Graduate #1610

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:53 pm

A little bit of salt in each corner of your house can afford decent protection as well.

Now, in the post that was provided NDG advised that Camphor does not protect, but rather cleanses and while this is true, it doesn't actually cover the scope of what Camphor is capable of doing. Camphor is a really strong spiritual cleansing that can clear out an area of spirits and energies. Burning a bit of the resin, or placing a bit in each corner of the house cleanses it out of those energies, but also prevents those spirits from coming back in so in this case does give protection.

Stock up on those FWP, Protection, and other protective products. Smudging with Sage is also not a bad idea.

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:26 pm

I responded to this once, but I will do so again, a candle that starts out clear then burns black is not a good sign! If it were herbs, than it would be black in the beginning and not the end.

In my experience, it means the spell is starts good but ends badly. I would do some clean-up and another candle.

Mary
HRCC Graduate Apprentice #0721GA

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:17 pm

There were herbs left on the bottom of the glass. I consulted y AIRR rootsworker who is working with me and she said it is just the herbs and not to worry, so I will defer to her. It is not so much the candle, it was RIGHT at the end, which really does seem as though the wax was all gone and herbs were left.

When you say you take the 13-herb bath once a month, do you mean 13 days of each month, or just on one?

I do have van van oil, road opener incense and bath salts. I am doing some heavy work so I guess protection is a good idea...

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:14 pm

I meant one day. For 'regular maintenance' I do the 13 herbs bath like once a month, plus salt baths and other baths in between like money drawing, love drawing... Then I do the 13 herbs bath for 13 days when there're clearly some baggage or obstacles in my path, e.g. a major situation has happened and there's a negativity, or I want to gear up for some heavy work. This may be a few times a year. Afterwards I always do a Road Opener spell before I do other work.
HRCC Graduate #1610

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Well, here's an update. Someone did find out about our being together-- don't know yet what the fallout will be. Wow!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:52 pm

"I consulted y AIRR rootsworker who is working with me and she said it is just the herbs and not to worry, so I will defer to her."

The trouble with the rootworker saying "it's just the herbs" is that this sort of blackening happens sometimes when you use NO herbs -- and many a time when you use lots of herbs it does NOT happen.

I would have interpreted it EXACTLY as it did happen, and as others noted -- the work was going well at first, but you got found out at the end and someone is fighting you.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:58 pm

Well, you are EXACTLY right, that's what happened, I know now. I have a reading scheduled with you next week but wish I could talk to you sooner. It's not pretty.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:44 pm

Perhaps the rootworker misinterpreted the situation a bit, or perhaps there was a misunderstanding when it came to describing the effect of the candle burn. While you wait for your appointment with miss cat, I'd call your rootworker, re explain the situation, see what was missed and what can be done to mitigate the damage. In the meanwhile, cleanse, protect and repeat and maybe look into some RO to clean out the blockage created.

Getting a reading from miss cat sounds like a great idea to help get a second opinion on the siutation

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:15 am

Im sort of confused here. If you are working with an AIRR rootworker, or having someone do work on your behalf...are they advising you on what you should be doing, or are you doing the work together. I feel like you should be consulting with them before you decide to do spell work on your own, and they should be helping you on what you need to do next that way all the work you are doing is helpful towards your goal. I understand that sometimes things take an unexpected turn, but I dont know something just doesnt sit right with me in this situation, and perhaps there is more to the story. And I would definitely advise that you get a second opinion to see if this situation is even able to be salvaged or even be worked through.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:47 am

I am doing work on my own with the advice of my rootsworker. And I spoke to her last night, and she is helping me, and she doesn't think this is a bad development, for what it's worth.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:06 am

freegirl, when sometimes we overthink spells because we want it to work as we want. Therefore our minds take the best of us and make situations seem worse than what the are...trust yourself, your work and your worker.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:23 pm

In this case, I would actually let the rootworker you have hired handle this situation fully. Sometimes we are too emotionally invested in the work which causes us to overthink, and the work loses energy thus fails. So I would rather a rootworker work on this. It may cost more money, however, it might save you money because they have the expertise and are not emotionally invested in the work.

Javi623

Unread post by Javi623 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:00 pm

Hey guys,

I'm a little worried about my intranquil spell.

First I contacted the person the spell is for to see their reaction...and now I am afriad bt doing so...I messed up the spell.

Also I been trying to read the flame of the candle to see if its working.

The candle isn't making any poping noises...which I hope is good. The flame on the other hand swirls and dances , its really active and hyper!! I first thought there was a draft in the room but I checked and there isn't any draft. Plus the candle is melting rather quickly..its suppose to be a 7day candle and I'm sure I will only make day 4.

Any one can help me out here??? Please?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:11 pm

7 day candles usually burn out in about 5 days these days.

I usually find the flames on vigil candles move a lot just by virtue of what type of candle they are and how they are made. Try not to look for any signs while doing your work, simply perform the spell and have faith in it succeeded. Follow up with a reading after a period of time to see how things are progressing.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:07 pm

I agree with ConjureMan...also sometimes the candle may start out burning fast and may (not saying it will) slow as it progresses. I have been advised on occasion (if I wanted) to extend the spell to 7 or 9 days to dress an appropriate colored (altar) candle with appropriate oils and light from the vigil candle before it goes out completely....of course this is up to you.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:27 am

I had to relight my protection candle which was near the bottom because I had put it out on leaving the house.

Going back into the room just now, I noticed that it has turned black and there's white wax all around the base. How is that even possible? could there be a crack on the bottom?

I relit it as the wick is still there.

This seems like a very bad sign, trying not to panic...

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:41 am

OK, just called my old-school AIRR rootsworker and she said if the glass cracked, that makes it turn sooty and the wick was too close to the glass (which is true, when I relit it this am it was way at the bottom)-- but she was taught that it was sending something away.

So since I lit this protection candle to be specifically against the malevolence of another, that would be a good sign. (the last time I did a protection it was more general). So what would be sent away was the evil itself.

The last time I had a candle turn black it was not also busted. She thinks I am very protected. I would immediately light another one but do not have one, though one should be in the mail. Meanwhile, I've booked a one question with Miss Cat, too, but I feel better after hearing this theory.

bellasr34

Unread post by bellasr34 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:28 am

Hi i have just lit a reversible jar candle yesterday and what I noticed is that late at night and all day today the flame has been dancing, flickering, and it is really bright and high,
I checked to see if there was a draft but there isn't so I figure this is just the candle, the jar is clear, and it is about part half way through the black wax,.

My question is, what does it mean when the flame does this?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:22 pm

I would trust what your rootworker said, she'll pick up on things that other of us not familiar with your case will miss. For protection candles I see cracks as the candle taking a hit for you. It acts as a surrogate, not unlike the Thai penis charms that take a hit for a guy when someone targets their manhood. I think you should trust her and rest assured that your candle was doing it job by taking a hit of negativity for you. Keep that protection up, though!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:25 pm

I agree with ConjureMan, trust your rootworker.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:48 pm

I can tell you from burning many candles that if the wick is close to the glass it will burn black and possibly crack that can be situational IE how the candle was made nothing to do with the work, id burn another to see how it burns before I freak out
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:29 pm

Thanks, all. That's exactly what Cat said too, and I will step up my protection and keep it going. :) I was unfamiliar with this whole concept before, and it's very interesting to me. This conjure stuff truly is incredible, I love it.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:53 pm

apologies if this has been brought up before, a search just told me the terms were too common.

Today I burned first a purple candle on my honey jar-- not an LM candle-- it stopped burning half way through, burned through the middle in a weird way. I didn't think too much of it though because it was perched precariously on melted wax, it was uneven, and as i said, it wasn't LM.

Now I have an LM "stubby" going and it's burning down through the middle, like a pillar candle! I've never seen a stubby do that before.

It too is perched on melted wax and not flat, so it could be partly because of that. It's still burning and hasn't gone out, so I'm leaving it alone.

Should I take these as divination signs, or just that they are not level, and pick off the wax that's on one half of the top of the jar so the next candles can be level?

Thanks!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:57 pm

If you are referencing the votive candles, I have had that happen when burning them as a free standing candle and not in a holder.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Yes, that's what I meant. thanks. it burned in a way that it was split down the middle before going out, a lot of wasted wax... I decided if it meant anything it means that he's struggling. And when it was done, peeled off the wax from the top, decided to get serious and burn a penis candle on top of the honey jar before going back to the 4" and votives (and waiting for my order! Oh how I wish I were in driving distance from LM and not 3000 miles away).

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:37 pm

Yeah this is a sign, and I would link this to other candles you have been doing. The love me candles right? Perhaps when they kept going out that was a sign of him being impartial to you. The candle burned down half way, then the other split down the middle. In both those cases the commonality is "half" so I would go with what you said he is struggling with whatever you are doing this for...and he is feeling half one way about you and half the other about you...assuming this is about you and him. Personally, I have never seen this happen, with a free standing candle, or a votive. Personally, if wax gets in the way of my next candle...Ill get my lighter and burn down some of the existing wax, or I will just take it off. But i would definitely see this as a sign,and I would get a reading done soon to see what this means and if you are on the right track.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:17 pm

I just had a reading done, thank you, with Miss Cat, who encourages me to keep working. I am also working with Starr. They know a lot about my situation; I didn't ask for an interpretation just an observation on candles.

As for the other candles, you are misremembering. The love me candle got smothered by wax, a consensus said it was ok to pour out wax and since I've done that it has burned beautifully. One candle split-- a candle not from LM-- and a votive burned down the middle but did NOT stop halfway.
I also have some strong opposition, not from him, but one thing on the LM page always says to look for physical things first. As the candles were not level and at least one person has seen that behavior from a stubby/votive, I'm going to go with that, at least for now.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:18 am

If the candle was at a tilt, it would effect the way it would burn. If the votive burned down and simply burned through the middle, I wouldn't be too worried about it. Not everything candles do are a sign, but more important you have to take into consideration what candles you are using. Votives generally burn with lots of wax left over. I tend to use the LM 4" candles and 6" more than anything else for candle work.

Make sure you are cleansing your candles before anointing them. This will ensure you don't have an residue from their handling before your use.

A good idea may be to burn Road Opener candles as helper candles to your love and honey jar work. This will help overcome obstacles in your way.

Keep faith and good luck!

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:31 am

Thank you ConjureMan, always so helpful and practical. Much appreciated! How do you recommend cleansing?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:14 pm

You can use a bit of ammonia to cleanse your candles, some people prefer to use their own urine, and other use Florida Water.

brujaha

Unread post by brujaha » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:06 am

It was helpful reading this, because at times I tend to get overly concerned with candles burning. It's reassuring to know that the votive candles tend to leave a bit of wax.

Sometimes, when I burn tea lights atop my honey jar, the sides of the candle do not melt down completely, however the middle burns completely into a hole (about the size of the metal thing the wick is attached to). Other times, the tea lights burn for much longer than I expected, and it melts some of the wax (from previous candles) beneath it.

Thanks for the posting and the good responses.

brujaha

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:30 pm

I agree with J82.

I've had wicks to close to the glass and it turned black. It didn't crack because I caught it in time. I just snuffed it out re-centered the wick and relit it and then I said the prayer again.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

GoldenFlow7

Unread post by GoldenFlow7 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Hello,

I have read the page on candle wax sign but would like to hear some feedback, I have a honeyjar going for reconciliation and love work, things were going great then he started to back away, anyways, I put his photo under honey jar wrote on his forehead that he should think, desire and love me only, and anointed with love me and essense of bend over, I then burned a red candle on honey jar, it did a clean burn, I anointed with love me, reconcile, come to me, stay with me and aeob. I noticed the red wax fell all over his head and the honey jar stuck to the rest of his face. Any ideas???

thx!

Golden!
Thank you God, Holy Spirit, St Martha, St Expedite, Guardian Angel, Archangels, Ancestors, and Oshun

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Personally, i would have put his picture and anything personal of him INSIDE the honey jar, as that's the way i was taught to work these things.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:10 am

These kinds of questions sort of invite others to analyze your situation, and sometimes that can be detrimental to the work. Not to mention, you are going to get all different kinds of opinions, that might not truly fit your situation. So I would advice you to get a reading done...10 minutes should do it. I mean if the picture was bigger than the jar and lets say his head was exposed where the rest of the picture was covered by the jar, then I can see why the wax would leak on the only part of the picture that was exposed. Anywhoo, not everything is a sign, but I would just continue working your jar, and then get a reading after a few weeks of burning it.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:06 am

It seems like the wax sign is a result of how you burned the candle not to be taken as a sign (just my thoughts)

Missionary-Independent.org

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”