Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

13 Herb Bath Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herb baths, crystal salt baths, and floor washes for cleansing, protection, love, health, and luck.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: 13 Herb Bath Questions and Answers

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:22 pm

I agree with both of you about the 13 Herb baths. I especially like each of the herb baths LM makes...what a wonderful find...
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:37 am

That reminds me that I need to put a large bag of 13-Herb on my next order...gotta keep some of that lovely stuff in the house!

HEZ-MIX-1313
13 Herb Bath 13-Day Supply (13 packets with FREE wooden scoop)
$48.00

Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

elbee

Unread post by elbee » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Can I do a spiritual bath for my husband while I am doing one for myself? He is open to it, but won't do the work. Can I do this using a doll baby? Would I have to do two separate baths and use separate candles?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:17 pm

In my experience for cleansing work to be effective, it has to be performed by the person. A worker can help loosen things up, and back up the work that someone is doing on their own behalf, but for results to really take the person has to do the work. Even if I am doing pretty much everything else for a client, I always make them take their own baths and clean their house.

And yes, you'd have to do completely seperate baths.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:16 pm

You can do healing work and cleansing using a doll baby by proxy, but it has to be backed up in the physical with work done by the client or individual themselves. That isn't to say that if they don't do the baths they won't get the effects of the healing or cleansing, but rather it will not be as effective. Your husband has to get *his* hands involved if *he* wants to reap what he sows.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

stelselv

Unread post by stelselv » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:44 am

I add the salt to the 13 herbs..... it has been working well for me.... any suggestions....

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:47 am

Cleansing versus Uncrossing Baths

I have read people suggesting uncrossing baths for people who want to do a general cleansing bath but, aren't these two baths different types of baths? It seems to me that an uncrossing or 13 Bath is for uncrossing situations (you think you have been jinxed, bad luck) but a Hyssop or Rue bath is more for general cleansing.

Baths versus Pouring over

When you take a cleansing bath, is the process to pour the liquid over your body?
On the other hand, if you are taking a drawing bath, are you supposed to make a bath in the bathtub, step in, and then rub from bottom to top?

I am confused as to whether you pour or don’t pour the liquid over your body for both types of bath. Also, taking a bath is stepping inside a bathtub full with liquid, so when I read ‘pour over’, I get confused.

Crossroads and when Not to Crossroad

When doing a removal bath, I know you have to take part of the liquid to a crossroads. But, is this the same for when you do a drawing bath? I have been told that taking the liquid to the crossroads only applies to removal baths and not drawing baths, is this true?

Whiskey versus Oils

What is the proper liquid to feed a mojo with? Whiskey or conditioning oils? The LM instructions indicate oils but other folks use Whiskey.

Wearing the Mojo

I am a very petite and skinny person, wearing a mojo for the entire day on my body can be very noticeable. I also live in the Southwestern desert and with the heat; it is not comfortable to conceal stuff with a jacket, sweater, etc. So, would it be appropriate if I wear my mojo on my body for some part of the day? That is, for a period of time when I am sure nobody will notice it, see it or touch it? And then, have it in a purse or school bad during other time periods of the day?

Railroad Spikes

Is the urine supposed to be of the person who lives there? Can the urine be of someone the person is close to? A girlfriend? Let’s just say that the tenant wants his girlfriend to do a house cleansing, can she then use her urine instead of his? Note: the boyfriend does not want to get involved in the practical aspects.

I could have posted these questions on different boards but I think it would have been easier for me and for the knowledgeable ones to have these basic questions in one single post.

Thank you. I appreciate any comments.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:01 am

1) When doing general cleansing baths you can use Uncrossing or 13 Herb bath, as they work on many different cleansing levels. Hyssop works specifically on removing "sin" - or negativity you've brought on yourself. Rue work by removing negativity that someone else has put upon you. They have very specific actions. For a good cleansing, you want something that addresses several different levels of cleansing - hence why using Uncrossing or 13-Herb is a really good general cleanser as well. When it comes to uncrossing specific conditions, a worker may prescribe very specific herbs for you to bath it that address the specific ways in which you are crossed. 13-Herb bath and Uncrossing products cover alot of different levels of cleansing, with 13-Herb covering even more than the Uncrossing (in my experience).

2) Spiritual baths are generally pouring baths. When you're using a bathtub with them, you fill it about ankle deep. Drawing baths are also generally pouring baths, but you wash yourself in upwards motions to draw, rather than downwards motions to remove. Some baths, such as love baths, can be taken in a soaking manner. However, remember that in the areas where these baths were originally used, they did NOT have bathtubs to soak in. They had tubs for washing, but nothing you could soak in really.

3)Some drawing baths you can pour the water out into your yard or porch to spread the drawing power around. It depends on the bath.

4) For most mojo hands you could use whiskey, or oils, or even appropriate colognes, such as Hoyt's or Florida Water. Some call for specifically one manner of feeding. If you are in tune with your mojo hand you will be able to tell if it prefers one manner of feeding over another. But whiskey and oils are both very acceptable. If you are unsure what's best, just ask a worker.

...I have to run some errands, so I can't answer the others right now!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:27 am

You could wear the mojo in your underwear for a short period of time. This would anoint it with your vaginal fluids. ( I assume you are a woman.) Although many like to wear the mojo all the time, it is not necessary. Carry it in your purse or put it in a safe place at home. Just make sure to feed it and speak to it regularly, at least once a week. Carry it when you need it to work for you; for example, if it a love mojo, make sure you have it with you when you visit your target.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Railroad spikes - if you live at that home, then yes you can use your urine. If you don't live there, then, no that won't work. You are marking your territory in that rite. I suppose you could get him to leave you a cup of his urine and then do the work for him. However, if he's not willing to put his own energy into the ritual to save his house...well, you're starting from a very weak point there.

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:10 pm

However, remember that in the areas where these baths were originally used, they did NOT have bathtubs to soak in. They had tubs for washing, but nothing you could soak in really.

Excellent point.

3)Some drawing baths you can pour the water out into your yard or porch to spread the drawing power around. It depends on the bath.

This is along the lines I was told for a love drawing bath or any drawing bath: success and king of Solomon. I was told not to go to the crossroads, instead, to use part of the water for a floor washing and wash the floors, doorstep and door with this water along with Chinese wash and buffalo ammonia.

You could wear the mojo in your underwear for a short period of time. This would anoint it with your vaginal fluids. ( I assume you are a woman.) Although many like to wear the mojo all the time, it is not necessary. Carry it in your purse or put it in a safe place at home. Just make sure to feed it and speak to it regularly, at least once a week. Carry it when you need it to work for you; for example, if it a love mojo, make sure you have it with you when you visit your target.

I am planning for three mojos: love, success and king of solomon. I will wear them on me as much as I can but for the success and king of solomon, I will put them on my school bag when I go to school. Even if I put them inside the back pocket of my pants (oh, and I adore wearing dresses and skirts), with moving around and all of that, I think they are going to fall on the ground or stick out, and a classmate will say, "hey, something is falling out of your pocket".

However, if he's not willing to put his own energy into the ritual to save his house...well, you're starting from a very weak point there.

No, he would not have a problem with donating some of his urine. It is just that I have never done something like this for someone else.

Now, are spikes only done in particular circumstances? As in, when you are at risk of losing your home?
I am going to do a general floor washing for his house and planned to put the railroad spikes. But you mention, "saving his house". So, should I do the railroad spikes only in desperate circumstances? I thought they were for general protection. On the other hand, it would not be a bad idea to leave it for a "just in case" situation. He decided to become independent and leave his parents' house for the first time. It is going to be a new road and the beginning may or may not be rocky. I just want to strengthen things. What is your suggestion?

Thanks everybody. Your responses have cleared up a lot of my confusing moments. I am definitely getting more confident in regards to this tradition of folk magic.

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:34 am

Nice.

I really adored the explanation of the name paper versus petition. It was very helpful. People can ask any basic questions in this thread. I don't mind.

Now, following up with one of my topics regarding railroad spikes:

Are spikes only done in particular circumstances? As in, when you are at risk of losing your home?
Or can one do the railroad spikes for general protection? I don't know, I am getting the feeling it would be better to leave the railroad spikes option for a 'just in case' situation. What do you folks think?

Also, is it only 4 railroad spikes or a railroad spike for each corner of the property?

Thanks.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:50 am

This is a helpful link.
http://www.luckymojo.com/railroadspike.html

Yes it is done in the circumstances that you do not want to be removed from where you live, or your house to be taken under foreclosure. So yes to your first two questions. If you want general protection, you can use four thieves vinegar, bat nut, firey wall of protection...several saints such as st michael, st barbara, etc....there are a number of things you can do for general protection.

Square nails are good for protection as well. http://www.herb-magic.com/nails-square-cut.html

You will need a nail for EACH corner of the property no matter how many corners there are.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:35 pm

I'm sorry if this is in the forum somewhere but a search didn't help.

I did my first 13-herb bath tonight.

How much water should one use? It just says "a pot," I ended up with about 1 1/3 cups.... seemed like enough though...

Psalm 37 is long! I can't possibly say it all underwater so I said it before each time I dunked my head.

Is that right, or are we just supposed to say a few lines from it?

I'm under heavy psychic attack and want to do 13 nights of the 13 herb bath and want to do it correctly.

Thanks!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:44 pm

All of your questions is strictly up to you freegirl; just make sure that you bathe 13 days consecutively, pour over your head 13 times and say the complete 37 psalm 13 times. I found it hard...well not hard but 'not easy' the first time but it gets easier each time you do it. You kinda develop a routine. This bath is worth it especially when you come out clean. (Side note: some people will say other petitions instead of the psalm but it is their method...you are free to choose what is comfortable for you).

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:42 am

Freegirl - the baths are not really soaking baths, more pouring baths. While you can certainly dunk your head under, you are really meant to completely soak/wet your head as you pour water over and down you 13 times. So you're not underwater. Traditionally, people did not have the luxury of a bathtub that they could soak or dunk in - they were using wash tubs.

I usually fill my tub ankle deep, add the tea, and then do the bath process using a pitcher to pour it over me. I do not personally use psalm 37, I just strongly pray for my cleansing.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:51 am

I think even if I poured I could not get through the whole thing that quickly-- it's pretty long! I did immerse my head all the way 13 ties, but I guess there's no reason I couldn't also pour. does it matter whether I immerse or pour? will it still work? I'm under very heavy attack.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:46 am

It works freegirl...regardless (immerse or pour) (as Devi said) people have not always had tubs...eg...I immerse completely it feels complete for me but I do that for all baths including regular bathing. I am one of those people who hate showers...never have...a bath is much more relaxing for me. Do not fret over this...do what feels good for you.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:20 am

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated. I too love baths and would probably not shower at all except at the gym and to wash my hair (but I still wish LM made shower oils). I have been doing several of the Lm baths but the 13-herb bath is something different and I felt really good after it last night. It took a long time, reading the psalm and then going under but I felt VERY clean. and I think the protection is beginning to work as well.

robynrawr

Unread post by robynrawr » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:28 am

You don't have to pour the entire time you are praying. I pour and use my hands to sort of wash the bad off of me.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:45 am

good point robynrawr

ablake

Unread post by ablake » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:08 pm

Pls don't slam me but I have a silly question.

I live in the midwest where it is super dry and any moisture indoors simply evaporates. I have thick hair that takes forever to dry even with a blow dryer.

Would it be ok to put my hair inside a bathing cap so it doesn't get wet? I don't want the power of the 13 herb bath to be negated. I am assuming that the bath be poured over one's head, correct?

Thank you!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:30 pm

If you don't want to wet your hair -- and many women do not, especially if they have complex hair styles -- then just pour from the neck down and wipe your face with the water. This is perfectly acceptable tradition.

HEZ-MIX-1313
13 Herb Bath 13-Day Supply (13 packets with FREE wooden scoop)
$48.00

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:22 am

Thanks so much Catherine! I have been dunking under like baptizing but it does leave me cold and wet to go to bed. :) This is much better I think!

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:27 pm

I am in the middle of doing a 13-herb bath sequence for protection.

I also just received my spell kits from Lucky Mojo. I am sure the spell kits have baths at the beginning and ending (haven't opened them to read the instructions yet, but the one I did a few months ago did and I think that that is standard).

So do I need to take two baths? I have not been rinsing the tub, letting the herbs that have lingered remain for the next day's 13-herb bath (which, thank goodness, is helping-- the energetic attack I am under is intense).

I am only 5 days in to the 13 herb bath (I think tonight is the sixth). should I wait until it is finished to start the spell? I don't want to but can, of course.

Thanks!

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:36 pm

You really should make sure you are cleaned ad protected before anything else, so finish the 13 Herb Bath and whatever protection work you are doing before starting in on love work.
HRCC Student #1559

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:10 pm

13 herb herb bath is for cleansing and in my experience quite effective. You can wait until you complete the 13 herb before doing another spell or work another spell in addition, it is very draining to do more than one but your strength is what matters...its is purely your option. And as HailDiscordia mentioned protect yourself.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Yes, I am finding the cleansing effective too. Last night I was so tired I almost forgot and I swear it is this person trying to make me forget or subliminally tell me it's too late to do it now. I always feel better, stronger, the second it starts.

In any case, looking at the spell kits (I have two waiting) the timing isn't quite right wiht the moon and my own schedule to start them anyway (and I will do them one at a tie). But I will continue working the other work I have going in the meantime. REALLY appreciate the responses.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:23 pm

Some of the spell kits do suggest a specific time; however you do know if you need to do the work...do the work.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:26 pm

Yes... that's true, too. :) and I may... one of them doesn't require a bath it appears... I feel the best thing might be to finish the 13-herb bath first, on the other hand I had a reading with Miss Cat yesterday and she advised going forward... I'm in the middle of something that could fall either way you see. THANKS!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:53 pm

Thats great freegirl.

GoddessMojo

Unread post by GoddessMojo » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:47 am

freegirl, I saw your comment in another thread about immersing your head while doing the 13 herb bath and I wanted to point out then that you should be pouring, not soaking/immersing, but didn't- then I saw this one and felt like I might be able to help out. It's not a bath to physically clean yourself and sit and soak in. I am glad it's helping you as is, but you might get even better results if you boil the herbs first into a strong tea, and then pour this tea into a small bath and pour it over your body (I haven't seen the instructions for 13 herb bath but I'd assume something like 13 times saying prayers or psalms) washing downward only (as it's a cleansing bath), AFTER having done your normal cleaning/bathing routine (i.e. you are doing this on an already physically clean body). Read about that here: http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html#herbbaths. Plus this doesn't leave herbs in your tub or in your drainpipes, and allows you a way to do two baths. Do your normal sit and soak routine, drain the tub, put a small amount of water (just a few inches) and pour your 13 herb bath 'tea' into it, then do your prayers/pouring, saving some to dispose of. Later in the day, if you wish to separate the two purposes, or right then, it isn't as big of a deal as a real bath to repeat the process for your next bath. I was looking for a link on the forum where cat (edited for spelling) gave a very detailed description of how to take a bath- but basically, the above is what she described. You might also consider wearing something like Florida Water or a condition oil to help out while around that one person who seems to be draining you. Best of luck with both of your workings!
Thank you Saint Martha for hearing my petition and for your ongoing good works for myself and others.

elbee

Unread post by elbee » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:40 pm

Isn't it an important to take this bath at dawn?

Shiva2500

Unread post by Shiva2500 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:51 pm

Hey guys,

I just received 2 packets of the 13-herb bath and Van Van & Attraction oils from LM today, and had a few questions.

1.) What 'day' do u suggest I start my 3-day spiritual bathing ritual? The moon is currently waning, so this would be a good time but just wanted to know if there is particular day as well.

2.) I was planning on dividing the 2 pacs. of the 13-herb mix. into 4 parts. And using 3 parts for my 3-day spiritual bathing ritual, and 1 part for cleansing my apartment (as I have been suggested to 'not' use my bath water for that and do not have Chinese Wash). So, when do I do the apartment cleansing?
- After the bath all 3 days (which would mean that I divide that 4th part into 3 more portions), and walk the left overs to the crossroad together... Then come back and spray a mixture of Van Van and Attraction & anoint all doors and windows with Van Van?
- Or could I put the apartment cleansing part in a spray bottle and spray down my apartment after my bath each day but take it out to the crossroads on the 3rd day (as I won't be dipping a cleaning cloth in it) and then lay down Van Van & Attraction?
- Or should I do my apartment cleansing first... take the left overs to the crossroads... lay down Van Van & Attraction oils, and start my 3- day bath ritual the next day?

3.) Can I dress the 2 white candles that I stand in between with Van Van oil or should I use oilve oil? Do I need to dispose any left over candle wax at the crossroads with the bath water or is it ok to just put them in the trash (after wiping them with generic ammonia)?

4.) When disposing bath/ wash water @ the crossroad, should I be facing the rising sun at dawn, tossing the water over my left shoulder (towards the west) or visa versa?

Thank you for all your help :)

Warm Wishes,
shiva2500

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:03 am

Shiva2500 wrote:Hey guys,

I just received 2 packets of the 13-herb bath and Van Van & Attraction oils from LM today, and had a few questions.

1.) What 'day' do u suggest I start my 3-day spiritual bathing ritual? The moon is currently waning, so this would be a good time but just wanted to know if there is particular day as well.
Saturday is a good day to start the bathing ritual, if you are working to uncross a love situation then Friday would also be a good day to begin.
Shiva2500 wrote:2.) I was planning on dividing the 2 pacs. of the 13-herb mix. into 4 parts. And using 3 parts for my 3-day spiritual bathing ritual, and 1 part for cleansing my apartment (as I have been suggested to 'not' use my bath water for that and do not have Chinese Wash). So, when do I do the apartment cleansing?
I like to cleanse my home space prior to cleansing myself, you could also work it so that the final day you take your bath you complete the ritual by cleaning your living area.
Shiva2500 wrote:- After the bath all 3 days (which would mean that I divide that 4th part into 3 more portions), and walk the left overs to the crossroad together... Then come back and spray a mixture of Van Van and Attraction & anoint all doors and windows with Van Van?
I'm not sure why you are diving the 4th remaining part of the mix into 3 more portions, you don't need to cleanse your home 3 times, only once. Then you can use VanVan and Attraction to fill the place with good fortune, yes.
Shiva2500 wrote:- Or could I put the apartment cleansing part in a spray bottle and spray down my apartment after my bath each day but take it out to the crossroads on the 3rd day (as I won't be dipping a cleaning cloth in it) and then lay down Van Van & Attraction?
My suggestion: clean your house first, clean it on a Thursday, when you are done take that water to the crossroads. Then on Friday begin your bathing sequence, take the water to the cross roads after each bath. You don't have to clean your apartment 3 days in a row.
Shiva2500 wrote:- Or should I do my apartment cleansing first... take the left overs to the crossroads... lay down Van Van & Attraction oils, and start my 3- day bath ritual the next day?
That's what I would do.
Shiva2500 wrote:3.) Can I dress the 2 white candles that I stand in between with Van Van oil or should I use oilve oil? Do I need to dispose any left over candle wax at the crossroads with the bath water or is it ok to just put them in the trash (after wiping them with generic ammonia)?
Van Van is fine to dress the candles with. You can dispose of any remaining wax along with the bathwater.
Shiva2500 wrote:4.) When disposing bath/ wash water @ the crossroad, should I be facing the rising sun at dawn, tossing the water over my left shoulder (towards the west) or visa versa?
The way I have been taught is to stand facing East with your back to the West so you will be looking at the rising sun. You throw the water over your Left shoulder towards the West praying as you do so that the Lord remove any afflictions and crosses from you, dragging them down into the earth as the sun sets to never bother you again.
Shiva2500 wrote:Thank you for all your help :)

Warm Wishes,
shiva2500
good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Shiva2500

Unread post by Shiva2500 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:28 am

Oh! Thank you so much Miss Bri, for your step by step explantions :) U are awesome!!!

This plan will work out great as then on Monday's New Moon 03/15, I can start my Road Opening & Blessing vigil :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

With Regards,
shiva2500

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:27 pm

Taking the 13 herb bath for 13 days is not a requirement. Some people do one such bath -- 13 Herrb, Uncrossing, or Jinx Killer -- on the first day f each month, or at the change of the moon (first visible crescent after the new moon), or after their menstrual period, for a spiritual "freshening up" type bath.

Also, as previously noted, you can divide a packet into two or three portions. The bath water should be diluted, you know.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

CherryRedBoom

Unread post by CherryRedBoom » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:47 am

Ive a question about the 13 herb bath in relation to house cleansing. Is it tradtional to wash the house during all the 13 days? I figured on doing on the first and last day but wasnt sure. Also, should the water used to cleanse the house also be disposed at a crossroads or can just a portion be taken there? My house is fairly large and I cant see lugging a huge pail to the crossroads as I have to walk their!

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:24 am

It's traditional to use Chinese Wash...

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:05 am

It's up to you how you want to work the house-cleansing schedule. When someone is really crossed up, I like to have to do it at the beginning and end of a 13-Day bathing cycle. However, in most circumstances one big cleansing is enough during the bathing period, as long as you maintain the cleanliness through other spiritual cleansing methods (I like burning cleansing incense daily as an easy way to do this, or making a cleansing spray and using that as an air freshener & fabric refresher rather than chemicals), and make sure to clean things really well at least monthly.

Just as with the bath, you can take a portion to the crossroads, however I would still dump the remaining water OFF your property if at all possible.

cougar

Unread post by cougar » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:55 pm

Hello,

I've just got my 13 herb bath :D and I'm going to take it after I do the Chinese wash house cleaning. However, even though I have a bathtub where I can take the bath in it, I live in a house that has a septic tank in my backyard, thus the water drains into the septic tank, which means it's still on my property, as oppose to going in the city septic system. Will that have any negative effect being that the "tainted" water in the septic tank is "still on my property"? If so any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Good question, there. I'm interested to see what the answers are from those who have worked in a context with a septic tank.

My first thought would be to suggest that you try and go as old school as possible, and bath in a washtub (or something similar) that uses much less water. Then dump the contents of the washtub off your property, with a portion of it being disposed of at a crossroads.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:00 pm

I dispose all negative spells at the crossroads. In a pinch, I dispose down the toilet as it goes directly to the city sewage...if I were in your situation with a septic tank I would dispose either in running water or at the crossroads, considering the septic tank is still on your property and you do not need any negative energies floating around. (this is strictly my opinion)

cougar

Unread post by cougar » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Hey guys, thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to be a pain, but I just want to make sure to do this right, however I can in my situation, and really relying on your expertise :)

So jwmcclin,when you suggested,running water do you mean like either taking a shower and just have enough of the bath to take to the crossroads and to pour over me while the shower is running, or you mean the bathtub water running, with the drain removed for the water to go down,

What about the spray method? I've read it somewhere as an option, but it wasn't enough to read on, by having the bath in the spraybottle, spray yourself downward, and have enough left over to take to crossroads, what is the best way to do this, would this be as effective?

Another option made by Devi, I guess, to put in like a little of the water as possible in the bathtub, pour my bath over myself, and just get as much out the battub as possible and take it off the property. Even with the toilet it still goes into my septic tank. What option would you pick in my situation? I value your input! And sorry for the long winded questions :oops:

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:58 am

I was actually suggesting that you use a washtub instead of your bathtub, then dump the contents of the washtub off your property.

Frindle

Unread post by Frindle » Fri May 14, 2010 6:20 am

I just wanted to let you know if you have not used the 13 herb bath at least once yet, you are missing out!
I have written about baths before, I am a big fan of of the "basic" 3 ingredient ones, but after a recent reading
from one of the great AIRR workers, I was told to go ahead and perform the 13 herb one.

I just want to say, that it's like I landed on the radar. People seem to "see" me now. Compliments and helpful
people everywhere! I had tried some of the attention oils, not much success yet, so I am concentrated on finishing
this cleansing and healing and road opening for now, then look out when I add the attraction oomph!

Yes, a huge Thank you to LM to for the awesome vigils I ordered and lit, it just may be all coming together!

So reasonably priced, and it's leaves, roots, and pieces, not powder.
Try it and I'll bet you be adding your story here.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri May 14, 2010 8:14 am

Thank you for that review. I am not new to LM products, but it is always a treat to read/hear someone review a particular item. Good job!

Good to know your personal results with the 13 herb vs the attention oils.

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Ruth2

Unread post by Ruth2 » Fri May 14, 2010 8:55 am

I have to agree. I'm a big fan of the baths now, too. I really used to discount them until I seriously tried them.

Ruth.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:13 pm

Here's a question!

what can I use to anoint myself with to help myself feel more positive, upbeat, outgoing, cheery?

Healing for some reason tends to make me mellow if not actually sad...

I am often cross, and want not to be-- some of it is stress and being overtired, but just as there are oils for attraction and to get someone to return, what can I do to "trick" myself into an upbeat mood?

of course, some days those come naturally. :D But would love a little hoodoo help.

i find CoS can be great for work but won't necessarily keep from petty arguments or irritibility. ay thoughts?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Have you tried the 13 Herb ritual following by healing/blessing work?

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Yes, thanks-- I'm not talking about being crossed, just "cross," or grumpy. Want to be less grumpy, that's all-- in a more normal way. Not something I need every day, but on those days when you wake up in a testy mood, what would be a good oil to use?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:22 pm

The 13 Herb bath is good for any negative conditions - not just if you've been jinxed. So the suggestion was sound. I would also recommend a cleansing bath - perhaps mixed with Tranquiilty.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:25 pm

OK-- thanks!

but what oil could I use in a hurry, when I'm getting up, no time for a bath? Tranquility also seems to set me into too down. Sometimes I need to be UP.

What would be good to not so much change my luck, as my own attitude?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Perhaps just some Angelica or Queen Elizabeth Root oil - good for women's power. Or just Attraction - petition for a good outlook (happy, bright smell). Or Cast Off Evil for getting rid of the negative feelings (clear, crisp, invigorating scent).

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:34 pm

Thanks for those suggestions! I do use attraction very often, but I don't have Queen Elizabeth Root, and Cast off Evil seems like a GREAT idea too, to help me get out of my own way.

What about black cat? or Hindu grass? do you think those would be useful?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:37 pm

Black Cat is mostly for gambling or high-risk luck. Hindu Grass is very similar to Van Van and could be used as a nice cleansing/road opening-type formula.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:15 pm

I really love Van Van for stuff like this and highly recommend it.
HRCC Student #1559

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Hindu Grass is also good for removing negative baggage (I found).

Sebastien

Unread post by Sebastien » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:08 am

I'd probably go with crucible of courage and power formulas. I've found that crucible of courage tends to keep me somewhat positive and upbeat. Also egg cleansings I find awesome when it comes to removing negative pessimistic thoughts as well as getting rid of a general lack of energy

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:30 am

Crown of Success works wonders for me. I wear it in the mornings before I go to work. Pleasant uplifting smell with a strong intent... That may work for you...

Good luck!

-joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Baths and Washes in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”