Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Divination Methods Used in African American Hoodoo

coastwitch

Unread post by coastwitch » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:38 am

I know that there is a tradition in hoodoo of consulting a reader to learn about your future and also about what spells can help. My question is this -- are some forms of divination more favored by conjure practitioners than others? What are the typical ways that root doctors use to tell fortunes or uncover the truth?
coastwitch

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Divination Methods Used in African American Hoodoo

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:51 pm

coastwitch,

To answer your question about forms of divination from the perspective of hoodoo, these are the forms of divination i have been shown by African American spiritual workers from the 1960s to the present. I limit my reply to African Americans because, of course, cultural outsiders to the hoodoo community do bring in their own forms of fortune telling and divination, which are perfectly accepted by Black reading clients, but will not likely be engaged by Black root doctors.

Common forms of divination in the African American community:

Card reading with playing cards
Card reading with tarot cards
Tea leaf reading
Coffee ground reading
Crystal gazing
Bone reading
Palmistry
Numerology
"Western" (Babylonian, Chaldean, European) astrology
Spirit mediumship
Clairvoyance
Ceromancy
Capnomancy
Cero-Capnomancy
Psychometry
Bibliomancy
Domino reading
Dice reading
Dream interpretation
Omen interpretation

Less common or uncommon forms of divination in the African American community:

Geomancy / Sand Divination
Gemstone reading
Divination with trained birds (parrots or finches)
Phrenology
I Ching
Feng Shui
Chinese Face Reading
Card reading with Lenormand cards
Chien Tung / Chi Chi sticks
Obi shell reading
Diloggun shell reading
Chinese astrology
Vedic astrology
Egg Divination
Graphology
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

emdeluxe

Unread post by emdeluxe » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi everyone-I'm pretty new to hoodoo, and I am looking for divination methods. Thanks!

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator
Re: Divination methods

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Divination was a can of worms that I opened when I started studying hoodoo. You will find just about any method of divination that you can think of practiced by somebody in this community.

Was there any method in particular you were interested in, or any particular questions you had?
Two-Headed Doctor

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:16 pm

There are all kinds of divination methods...Tarot, egg divination, tea leaves, throwing bones, pendulum, candle divination, palm reading, crystal ball reading, bibiliomancy, etc

So you really need to see what you may be good at. Or begin to look into what you may be interested in. Most people start out with tarot cards aka the Rider_waite deck and then venture off to other decks or even oracle cards. Not every one is good at all forms of divination so I would do some trial and error and see what may be good for you.

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatdivination.html

You can read the info pages here from AIRR as well.
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... rd_Reading
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

phonehappy

Divination with Bibliomancy Questions and Answers

Unread post by phonehappy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi all,

I just did my very first divination with bibliomancy.
It was fairly easy but I wasn't sure how it went. Could you please read this and give me your quick input?

So first I did a quick prayer and asked for an answer to a question.
I asked if I would ever have contact again with someone who I care for. I asked for my heart to be healed by getting the chance to reconcile...
So I opened the book 3 times and made a figure eight like the directions until I felt compelled to stop. This is what I got but I'm not sure what to think..

Come see the glorious works of The Lord: see how he brings destruction upon the world. He causes wars to end throughout the earth. He breaks the bow and snaps the spear, he burns he shields with fire.

So he brings destruction ,but causes wars to end... I can't tell if I should look at this in the negative but I would really like to look at it as possible since he causes wars to END.
Thanks!

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator
Re: Divination with bibliomancy

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:53 pm

Phonehappy,

I almost never stop a bibliomancy session after the first verse, unless it is much clearer than the one you got.

It's worth asking your question again -- and posing the questions raised by each verse, if any.

Good luck,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed May 01, 2013 7:05 am

I use bibliomancy also. I agree with Miss Michaele; keep at it until you get an answer. I would suggest also studying the Bible to understand the verses better.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

phonehappy

Unread post by phonehappy » Wed May 01, 2013 12:41 pm

Oh okay. I didn't realize I was suppose to go more into it. I know I need to study my bible...

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed May 01, 2013 9:09 pm

phonehappy

Yes, do educate your intuition. :D Study the history and the cultures, and even the other sacred literature of the time that didn't make it into the Bible (seriously, they were weeding out the canon of Bible books as late as 400 AD). This will give you some idea of what phrases like "every man that pisseth against a wall" meant to those who said or heard them three or four thousand years ago.

Now, let me just give a rough outline of how bibliomancy might work:

Say I want to check in with one of my spirits and ask if the work I do is pleasing. I open the Bible without looking, and land on -- for instance -- 2 Kings 3. My finger creeps unobserved to verse 17: "You shall not see wind or rain, but that stream-bed shall be filled with water, so that you shall drink, you, your cattle, and your beasts."

Well, that is heartening and flattering! I could stop there, but I hoped to have that spirit's aid for a client, so I ask, "Why is my client's candle burning black, even though it is on your altar?"

The answer is 2 Samuel 1:4: "The people have fled from the battle, and many of the people also have fallen and are dead; and Saul and his son Jonathan are also dead." Since this was banishing work, it sounds like victory.

But in the original context, the death of Saul is unwelcome news for King David, even though they are at war. The messenger claims to have killed King Saul with his own hand; David has him killed for this presumptuous act.

Well, then: is this background important to my client? Will she regret the work I'm doing for her?

Isaiah 28: 6: "a spirit of justice to him who sits in judgment, and strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate."

Is this work justified or not, then?

Haggai 2:19: "Is the seed yet in the barn? Do the vine, the fig tree, the pomegranate, and the olive tree still yield nothing [because autumn and harvest are still far off]? From this day on I will bless you."

Whether this piece of the work fails or not, or is justified or not, does not matter; the client has other projects on my altars, and she will achieve her goal anyway.

===========

And that's one way bibliomancy is done.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele

LibraGoddess

Unread post by LibraGoddess » Sat May 04, 2013 3:14 pm

@MissMichaele thanks for your insight. This was very helpful

QueenofWands
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by QueenofWands » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:40 am

Hello to All,

After talking with Miss. Cat last night, I was amazed to learn that Indian Ringneck Parrots are used in India for means of divination! What a coincidence that I just happen to breed and raise IRNs! I would love to learn how. I saw a few youtube vids, but none are in English. Also, before even speaking with Cat, I had the strangest thing happen with one of the IRNs who I raised (Rigby). She started jumping on top of my altar (very high up on my Nona's old closet/dresser) and grabbing a Tarot card here and there. Also, anyone who is familiar with birds knows that after dark, they perch for the night and pretty much don't budge. After doing a late night ritual, at round 3:00 am (pitch dark in the entire house) good ole Riggs flew all the way across the house and into my bedroom. She started making her "alert" IRN sounds; waking me up. I think Riggs is on to something! LOL

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:35 am

Hi baybee27, I had never heard of parrots for divination, how cool is that!? In some traditions animals can also be magical allies. This isn't a hoodoo belief, but it sounds like your little parrot is quite magical!
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Why not just pick a divination method you feel drawn to and try it out? You may also become proficient at more than one kind, like tarot and runes, or tarot and bones. Additionally, many readers use one type of divination for certain issues and another type of divination for another issue.

Peace,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:06 pm

emdeluxe, Mary Bee is right: experiment and stick by what works.

I've invested a lot of time and power in mastering Tarot, which is one of the most popular divination methods. Others simply cannot wrap their heads around the amount of memorization required, so it's a good thing there is so much material about other methods!

I also use bibliomancy and crystal gazing -- figured stones, not the clear crystal ball. They came very easily to me. If I had heard about those two methods when I was first starting out, I might never have picked up a Tarot deck :)

These days, I often recommend bibliomancy to folks who are looking for a divination method.
Hope this helps,

Miss Michele

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:51 pm

If you want to know more about casting bones as a form of divination, red this world-wide survey of bone-throwing techniques, including those used in by African American hoodoo practitioners. "Throwing the Bones: How to Foretell the Future with Bones, Shells, and Nuts" by catherine yronwode:

Here's the cover:

BOO-DIV-BONE
Throwing the Bones: How to Foretell the Future with Bones, Shells, and Nuts
$9.00

Read more about this book here: http://www.luckymojo.com/throwingthebones.html
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:44 pm

Missionary Independent Spiritual Church is proud to announce the publication of :Hoodoo Bible Magicc: Sacred Secrets of Scriptural Sorcery" by Miss Michaele and Professor Charles Porterfield. This book contains practical information on the topic of Bibliomancy.

BOO-GRI-HBIM
Hoodoo Bible Magic; Miss Michaele, Prof. Porterfield
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Read more about the book here: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoobiblemagic.html
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon May 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Michele Jackson's new book on bone reading, "Bones, Shells, and Curio: A Contemporary Method of Casting the Bones (Lucky Mojo, 2014) is now at the printer. Michele Jackson is the Lucky Mojo Forum member known here as mj2 -- and is a member of AIRR.
Here is the book's cover and ordering information:

BOO-DIV-BSAC
Bones, Shells, and Curios: Bone Reading by Michele Jackson
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Read more about the book here:
http://luckymojo.com/bonesshellsandcurios.html
catherine yronwode

Celt21

Unread post by Celt21 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:47 am

Although I know a tiny bit about spells and such (not versed in Hoodoo....YET) I have been told by people that know me that I should add divination to my studies as well, as many feel I am naturally gifted at it.

I do get sneak peaks of whats about to happen in my gut and I am correct a high percent of the time. The catch is I can't always control it. I cant turn it off and on. I cant be lied to and often see another's real agenda before it is revealed.

If I could learn to control it I suppose I wouldn't have to ask you this? lol -- but, If there are book, tools, and/or piritual products you carry that you think would help me with learning about divination and enhancing skills and accuracy, I would sincerely appreciate any input
Thank you St. Michael and St. John the Russian....for everything

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:39 pm

Hello, Celt21,

That's a tall order!!! LOL

Let's break this down:

What seems to be the easiest for you to do right now?

What makes you feel the most comfortable?
HRCC Graduate #1631

Celt21

Unread post by Celt21 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:13 am

Well it started when I was age nine....I foretold the death of my father prior to his violent death in detail....it comes and it goes. I learned that stones and crystals and even candles or looking into the flames of a fire would sometimes bring about either visions in the mind's eye or just a visceral gut "knowing". I was from a very strict religious background that forbid any type of sight or magic as a sin and eventually even though almost an adult I was convinced to pray to rid myself of these gifts. Some spells and such I was taught in secret from my Great Grandmother as well as books and I was able to do them mainly on focusing intent and need for a change to manifest, etc. This type of magic was not wicca but different from Hoodoo and very steeped in Irish traditions, although I am American born. I never lost the ability to see through lies, however, to the chagrin of many.

Now I can "see" only when very emotional...extreme anger, sadness, or even happiness. My girlfriend and I are from very different ethnic backgrounds and her religion does cause some spell casting "wars". She attempted to lie to me about something minor, but lies infuriate me and my inner voice woke up and told me to ask her a question..I did but I already knew the answer....it both scared and amazed her but neither was my goal

When I entered her parents home for the first time I immediately knew there were two things there....dark energy and a spell of some sort. I asked her about it she confirmed yes that they have been harmed several times. I told her the person doing this was a woman and very jealous and envious...again I was correct. I looked at a family picture album later and pointed right to the person out of a huge selection of people...I said there she is right there....and I was right.

I know this is difficult, because I don't understand myself. I am looking closely at Hoodoo for my future endeavors as it seems to "line up" for me spiritually..I feel it is correct. However pendelums and tarot cards etc do make me nervous because I don't understand them and although I know Ihave done spirit work likely both consciously and unconsciously, it does make me nervous. Having said that I have cleaned houses and even objects for people to remove unwanted things.

Her family is begging me to both uncross them and read tarot, etc. because they feel I have ability to do these things....I just don't know but have checked with non wiccan witches who claim I do...they had no money to gain and I sensed no lies in them...so...here I am...hoping?

Basically there is a difference between ignorance and stupid. You cant fix stupid, but at this point I feel I am ignorant and possibly a push in the right direction will lead me to knowledge.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:37 pm

If you have a gift for second sight, there is no need to fear it or feel nervous. A pendulum is just an amplifier of energies, making them visible.

I am not quite sure what your quesion is, however --

Do you want us to affirm that divination can be done clairvoyantly, clairaudiently, and clair sentiently, without the use of tools such as playing cards, pendulums, tea leaves, the Bible, bones, or palm-lines? If so, here you go. I affirm that.

We do not give readings on the forum, but if your question is whether you personally are gifted, we would be very glad to read for you on that topic FOR FREE on the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour radio show. There is a weekly sign-up sheet in the forum here, and we take two callers per week.

You could also pay for a reading, and there is a sub-forum with links to readers from AIRR, if that is what you want. A ten minute reading costs ten dollars from several of the readers, although not all offer that bargain service.

Good luck, and if there is any other way we can be of help, just ask!
catherine yronwode

Celt21

Unread post by Celt21 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:04 pm

Thank you very much for your reply...I think that my questions are poorly worded....if you want the right answers you have to ask the right questions...after re-reading my post I am certain I could have been more clear...I guess I was asking the best way to go about furthering and/or mastering this...tools needed, or the best tools for what I was describing....Having said that I think you are right ad Ill go the reading route or seek help from one of your certified root workers that know a heck of a lot more than I do....again thank you

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:36 pm

Madame Pamita, ConjueMan Ali, and i gave two readings and some rootwork advice to Celt21 on the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour for March 8, 2015, and it proved to be very interesting. He is gifted, indeed, but there are asects of his gifts that are hard, in particular the ability to foretell deaths and disasters. We gave him some pointers and hope we have helped. You can hear the show in the Blog Talk Radio Archives.
catherine yronwode

Celt21

Unread post by Celt21 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:07 am

I want to thank you again Miss Cat and Madame Pamita and of course ConjureMan Ali (next time Ill try not to steal your reading lol)....you all helped more than you know...there were things you hit on that we didnt have time for the whole story but I have never had anyone be that accurate. You all have gifts and are skilled at using them.

You gave me peace of mind, and that is one of the most valuable gifts anyone can give. I am much more relaxed about all of this and will continue down the road I was selected for.

ANyone new if you havent checked out Lucky Mojo radio, it is pretty amazing...the information alone is great even if you arent a caller

brujaha123

Unread post by brujaha123 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:44 pm

I have tried bibliomancy a few times to no avail; it left me confused about the response I was receiving from the verse. Tonight, I listened to an episode of The Now You Know Show in which Prof. Porterfield gave a very clear, simple technique for using the Bible as a divination tool, with a bit of insight about how to interpret the messages from the verses.

I decided to give it a try, because I wanted to get confirmation that my spells are working and the man I love is going to break up with a woman who's clinging to him. I followed the exact method Prof. Porterfield gave on the show, making figure eights on the page I landed on, and when I opened my eyes, my finger was on 2 Kings 9:30 - Jezebel Killed! That message was as clear as day!

Thanks, Prof. Porterfield! I gain so much knowledge from listening to your radio show, and you are hilarious :lol:!

brujaha123
Thank you, my dear St. Martha the Dominator, for the miracle.
St. Joseph, I am forever grateful.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:25 pm

Lucky Mojo is proud to announce the publication of a new book by Professor Charles Porterfield, the co-author of our popular title "Hoodoo Bible Magic." In "A Deck of Spells," the Professor presents several simple divination methods for reading playing cards, and, for the first time ever, a thorough introduction to the old-fashioned African American way of using regular playing cards in spells of magic.

The book will debut at the 8th Annual Hoodoo Heritage Festival in Forestville, California, May 16th-17th, 2015, and a copy will be included in the admission package for the event, because Charles will be teaching a workshop on how to do this work. We are taking pre-orders now. "A Deck of Spells" ships on May 18, 2015. Pre-ordered copies will be signed by the author.

BOO-GRI-ADOS
A Deck of Spells by Charles Porterfield
$9.00

CONTENTS

Dedication and Acknowledgements ..... 4
Preface ..... 5

Ante Up

Hoodoo, Conjure, and Rootwork ..... 7
A Curiosity to Open: The Bible in a Deck of Cards ..... 8
A Brief History of Playing Cards ..... 10
Many Cards, Many Uses ..... 17
Many Decks, Many Nations ..... 18

Painted Ladies and the Man with the Axe

A Paire of Cards ..... 25
..... Interpreting the Colours ..... 26
..... Interpreting the Suits ..... 27
..... Interpreting the Ranks ..... 28
..... Interpreting the Royals ..... 31
..... Interpreting the Jokers ..... 32
..... Interpreting Time by Colours and Suits ..... 33
Divination Inspiration ..... 34
..... A Single Card for the New Year ..... 35
..... Lucky Lady Lenormand ..... 36
..... A Way from Ol’ Kentucky ..... 38
..... An Old Method from Illinois ..... 40
..... The Professor’s Own ..... 42
..... Combined Card Meanings ..... 44
..... Layouts and Spreads ..... 47

Call, Raise, or Fold

Care and Handling of Your Cards ..... 48
Stamping, Folding, and Mutilating ..... 51
A Deck of Spells by Single Cards ..... 54
..... The Hearts ..... 56
..... The Clubs ..... 61
..... The Diamonds ..... 66
..... The Spades ..... 71
..... The Jokers ..... 76
A Trick of Tarot Card Spells ..... 78
Playing Card Spells by Condition ..... 83
..... Work, Money, Success, and Gambling Spells ..... 84
..... Love, Family, and Reconciliation Spells ..... 87
..... Helping, Blessing, and Healing Spells ..... 90
..... Harming and Cursing Spells ..... 92
..... Protection and Jinx–Breaking Spells ..... 94

Bibliography 96
catherine yronwode

PeachesLive

Unread post by PeachesLive » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:12 pm

I am not sure I am actually posting this question in the correct area, but I have never actually used a forum before... so here it goes.

I have been reading Michele Jackson's book Bones, Shells, and Curios as a starter for learning to throw bones. In the book she talks about the importance of communication with your ancestors and using their spirits to help guide the readings. From what I can gather, I come from a long background of Roman catholics, who would not have necessarily supported my beliefs during their lifetime. How does one use their ancestors to help guide readings in those particular circumstances?

Thank you!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:00 pm

Hello, PeachesLive,

When I call upon my Ancestors, I say: "I call upon my ancestors! I call upon my ancestors! I call upon my ancestors to please help me with this spell to do _______"

I also call upon specific relatives' names but, that wouldn't be necessary on your end

I hope this helps

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

PeachesLive

Unread post by PeachesLive » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:20 pm

Thank you for such a quick response!

Let me clarify my question a little more. Is it acceptable to call upon my ancestors for use in hoodoo and divination work, considering it may have gone against their beliefs when they were alive. Or would asking them for assistance be considered disrespectful related to the beliefs they held prior to their deaths?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:33 pm

Hello, PeachesLive ,

Yes, I understood the question.

If someone doesn't want to assist you with the spell, they won't come.

Per the way that I asked you to call them, they will know.

Is it disrespectful to them? Absolutely not. You're not calling on anyone in particular who would be offended.

If you don't want to do that, then just call on your Spirit Guides and Guardian Angels.

I hope this helps

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

PeachesLive

Unread post by PeachesLive » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:56 am

Oh yes! That totally makes sense. Thank you again.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Missionary Independent Spiritual Church is happy to announce the publication of a brand-new book by Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain, "The Voice of the Crystal Silence League."

Jon Saint Germain, "The Voice of the Crystal Silence League"
and the host of the Crystal Silence League Hour on the LMC
Radio Network, presents a practical introduction to the use of
crystals and stones in the Four Branches of Crystallomancy:

• Divination or scrying with a crystal ball or gemstone
• Projection of prayers and spells with Silent Influence
• Reception of blessings from the Divine and from friends
• Transformative healing and lasting self-empowerment

Crystal Magic: Divination, Healing, and Spellcraft with Gems
and Minerals teaches you the legendary inner meanings of a
brilliantarray of mystic minerals and provides you with the
time-tested techniques and powerful spiritual spells that will
help you to become an adept practitioner of Crystal Esoterica.

96 pages, $9.00 -- and it will be on sale in MAY, 2016!

CONTENTS

Dedication 4
Acknowledgements 4
Introduction 4
Chapter One
The Crystal Silence League 5
Chapter Two
Crystals, Stones, and Minerals 7
What’s the Difference Between Crystals and Stones? 8
Some Useful Things to Know About Crystals 9
Chapter Three
A Collection of Crystals from A to Z 16
Chapter Four
An Introduction to New Thought 28
Chapter Five
The Four Branches of Crystal Gazing 40
The Visionary Branch: Scrying 41
The Projective Branch: Silent Influence or Sending 49
The Receptive Branch: Induction or Receiving 54
The Transformative Branch: Crystal Magic or Healing 59
Chapter Six
Meditation, Enlightenment and Sleeping Serpents 64
Chapter Seven
Chakras and Other Energy Fields 67
Balancing the Chakras with Crystals 72
Chapter Eight
The High Priest’s Sacred Stones 78
Chapter Nine
Birthstones and Gems of the Zodiac 79
Chapter Ten
Techniques for Advanced Work 80
Chapter Eleven
Integrating Crystals into Spellwork 84
Magic Spells with Crystals and Stones 85
Conclusion 95
Bibliography 96
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:41 pm

On sale May 13th, 2019:

BOO-FLS-SCSL
Secrets of the Crystal Silence League by Claude Alexander Conlin
$9.00

For more information, see:
http://luckymojo.com/secretsofthecrysta ... eague.html

Dedicants of the Crystal Silence League send thoughts and prayers of joy, health, strength, love, success, and protection to all, and, in turn, receive the fruits of mutually supported prayer.

If you are able, join our world wide band when your view of the Sun is morning-fresh and again as night-time falls. As the Earth speeds and spins around the Sun, so do the hours succeed one another around this busy globe. As one mind finishes the prayer, another takes it up, always moving Westward, steadily West- ward, a torch of Mind passed in a relay-race of Love and Purpose and Will. Catch the thoughts arising from your East each morning, send your thoughts to those abiding West each night.

Now Is the Hour: Let us work for results NOW.

CONTENTS

The Four Branches Of Crystal Gazing 4
The Return Of The Crystal Silence League 6
A Message From C. Alexander 7
To The Work: The Crystal Ball 14
The Method: Morning - Mid-Day - Evening 16

THE VISIONARY BRANCH
How to Go Into the Silence 18
Meditation: Instructions in Breath and Thought 20
Psychic Intuition: Developing Your Abilities 22
Psychic Intuition: The Five Rules of Success 24
Mediumship: Developing Your Abilities 26
Mediumship: The Five Rules of Success 28

THE RECEPTIVE BRANCH
Receiving: Joy, Freedom, Success 30
Receiving: Health, Abundance, Victory 32
Receiving: Achievement and Success 34
Self-Cure for Self-Consciousness 36
Self-Cure for Habits and Morbid Notions 38

THE PROJECTIVE BRANCH
Silent Influence Through Application of Thought 41
Silent Influence Through Personal Magnetism 46
Silent Influence Through Mental Concentration 48
Silent Influence to Have an Effect on Others 53
Special Exercises to Develop Projective Power 62
Sending: Codes for Thought Projection 70
Sending: Codes for Friendship 72

THE TRANSFORMATIVE BRANCH
Mental Self-Induction: Belief 74
Mental Self-Induction: Faith 76
Mental Self-Induction: Happiness 77
Mental Self-Induction: When Doubt Bars the Way 78
Mind Power: The Will 80
Mind Power: Dynamic Thought 82
Self-Development: Sex Force 84
Self-Development: Sexual Vitality 86
Self-Development: The Joy Road to Health 88
Self-Development: Instructions in Diet and Breath 90

The Master Key 93

The Man Who Knows 96

First Edition 2019

Published by
The Missionary Independent Spiritual Church
6632 Covey Road
Forestville, California 95436
www.missionaryindependent.org
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:52 pm

We are taking pre-orders now for this book, shipping the week of May 13th, 2019:

We just opened this book up for pre-orders. Note that it will ship in MID-MAY, 2019, and that if you plan on attending the 2019 Hoodoo Heritage Festival, a copy will be INCLUDED in your "goody-bag" upon admission to the event.

BOO-DIV-SONR
The Secret of Numbers Revealed ed. by cat yronwode
$9.00

For more information, see:
http://luckymojo.com/thesecretofnumbersrevealed.html

Numbers are everywhere and all around us — but do you know what they mean and how to read them?

This book explains the five branches of numerical influence on human affairs:

Numerology: How Your Name and Birthdate Reveal Your Character
Arithmancy: Using Your Numbers to Tell Your Future Fortune
Number Magic: Choosing and Changing Your Name for Luck and Profit
How To Get Your Winning Number: Catching Lucky Numbers to Bet
Spiritual Numberology: The Hidden Unity of Words And Phrases

Based on material first written by Dr. Roy Page Walton in 1914, augmented with contributions by Lewis de Claremont and Godfrey Spencer in 1936, and doubled in scope under the editorship and authorship of Catherine Yronwode, this concise, illustrated introduction to the science of numerology will enable you to make your numbers work for you!

Author Catherine Yronwode is the proprietor of the Lucky Mojo Curio Company, a manufactory for traditional herb-based conjure supplies, and the pastor of the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church. She is the author of Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic: Hoodoo in Theory and Practice; and Throwing the Bones: How to Foretell the Future with Bones, Shells, and Nuts. She lives on an old farmstead in rural Northern California with her husband, a dog, cats, and chickens.

CONTENTS

Dedication 4
Acknowledgements 4
Preface to the Present Edition 5
A Map of Sorts 11
Dr. Roy Page Walton’s Introduction 11

I. NUMEROLOGY: The Numbers in Your Name and Birth Date
1. The Law of Numbers 12
2. The Character of the Numbers 13
3. Reduction and Application: Basic Techniques of Numerology 18
4. The Key and the Keywords 22
5. The Meaning of the Name Numbers 24
6. Interpreting the Birth Date Number 29
7. How to Find Your Place of Power 31

II. NUMEROLOGY: The Numbers in Your Lo Shu Birth Date Square
8. Birth Date Numerology and the Magic Square 35
9. Lo Shu Lines and Arrows 40
10. The Meaning of the Lo Shu Numbers 50
11. Reading the Lo Shu Square 53

III. ARITHMANCY: Using Your Numbers to Tell Your Fortune
12. How the Name Discloses the Future 55

IV. NUMBER MAGIC: Choosing and Changing Your Name for Luck and Profit
13. Deliberately Varying the Signature 59
14. Names Suitable for a Business 67
15. Names Suitable for a Marriage 69
16. Choosing the Best Name for a Child 74

V. HOW TO GET YOUR WINNING NUMBER: Lucky Numbers to Bet
17. Lucky Numbers From Dream Books 77
18. Follow-Ups and Run-Downs 79
19. The Master Code of Lewis de Claremont 81
20. Your Lucky Lo Shu Numbers for Lottery Play 85
21. When to Bet: Your Lucky Years and Lucky Days 86

VI. SPIRITUAL NUMBEROLOGY: The Inner Unity of Words and Phrases
22. Gematria, “Cabalisms,” and “Numberology” 91

VII. Success • Happiness • Love • Money • Life 95
VIII. Good Luck and Happy Numbering! 95
IX. Bibliography 96

First Edition 2019

Published by
The Lucky Mojo Curio Company
6632 Covey Road
Forestville, California 95436
www.luckymojo.com
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”