Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate
Re: Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers

Unread post by wraithklewn » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:17 am

oh i have one more question.. how do you pray to herbs when its for a dark work? surely you cant ask it for its blessing in that context for such works right??
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:08 am

Then you would ask it to bring its harsher aspects to bear. The general process remains the same.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:01 pm

"Red Pepper I call on your spirit; bring your fire to this work so you can burn the heels of _ and drive them far far away."
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

mysiclady

Unread post by mysiclady » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:33 am

I've heard that you must pray over a herb or root to get it working for you, Is this true? and if so, How would you go about doing so? I know about praying possibilly for your spells,But I am specifing the herb or root alone that you possibily may be working with at the time.Is there something one would do special? Have anyone heard of this? If so please share. ;)

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:13 am

This was just discussed in another thread about 3 days ago. There's no one way to do it - each workers method will be slightly different than the next. Basically, one method is to speak to the herb/root as if it were a person, and tell it what you'd like for it to do for you.

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:54 am

thanks everyone for the great examples!! now i wont have any confusion as how to do this.
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:55 am

here ya go.. it was me that had asked and everyones responses were very clear and straightforward.

how-to-use-herbs-during-a-spell--t5982.html#p34560
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

Simpleme

Unread post by Simpleme » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:19 pm

This is really helpful information. Thanks to the original poster and all contributors.

sweetie

Unread post by sweetie » Sun May 02, 2010 11:34 pm

I do music too, but I play guitar and sing-- sometimes the melody or rhythm of a song speaks to me, sometimes the lyrics are just right. I'll play it through a couple of times until I have a feeling that everything's right-- then I do the work. The feeling or focus stays with me and carries me all the way through when I have the right song. The focus and intent of my work resonates just like sound resonates through the air.

I only choose music that I like, that way I feel that when I play that song between times, or hear it later, I have a connection to the ongoing workings. Psalms are meant to be sung anyway, then there's that whole directive in the bible to 'make a joyful noise' and I tend to think of the music as an offering, just like lighting a candle or burning incense-- it's something that you give up and send out to go where it goes, and hopefully it's pleasing enough to the recipient whether that's a person in the flesh with ears or an entity or a Saint.

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Mon May 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi all. just wanted to get something straightened out. i know that LM prays over each item that they make..which i think is very awesome and considerate that they do all that.(thank you Ms. Cat and LM)

im sure its not necessary to pray over them myself again when my orders arrive. but i would like to myself as well and to get the practice. how would one go abouts doing it the right way in hoodoo tradition?
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon May 03, 2010 8:08 pm

wraithklewn wrote:
im sure its not necessary to pray over them myself again when my orders arrive. but i would like to myself as well and to get the practice. how would one go abouts doing it the right way in hoodoo tradition?
Yes you can and should pray over them for what you want.

No one here is going to teach you how to pray. Miss Cat makes a point of it in the course. I suggest you go to a christian church, since hoodoo is christian folk magic, in fact, aim for a black church. You can also look up, on youtube of all places, black protestant ministers preaching and praying.
HRCC Student #1559

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Mon May 03, 2010 8:38 pm

ok thanks ill do that. id have to likely look online as where i live there is not many black folks around. i think i misworded my question really. i was more going for any specific psalms to use or maybe even one that LM uses. but search i will. thanks HD
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue May 04, 2010 7:28 am

When a rootworker is fixing something by praying over it, unless it's a custom job for a specific case, they are preparing the oil/powder/etc to do it's general job. Like praying over the Look Me Over oil for it to garner affectionate attention for the user. But when you get the product and use it, your job is to pray *your specific intent* over it.

For instance, I'm putting an expensive stereo on consignment somewhere, and I want it to get noticed and sell, so I take the Look Me Over oil and pray that it attract the positive attention of potential buyers so that they love the stereo and feel as is they simply must have it. That helps tune the the energy of the herbs and oils in the Look Me Over oil to the very specific way in which I want them to work.

So you absolutely need to pray over your products as you use them, so that you can communicate your individual petition to them.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Ummm...i am not sure why you would need to go to a "Black church" to learn how to pray. Not every "black church" is christian anyways. But I get the comment as Hoodoo is African-american folk magic.

Follow Devi's advice...if you do not know how to pray then just tell the herb or product what you would like to do in the spell. For example, if you were using calamus...ask that the calamus to control (target's name), and get them to succumb to you. Just let the words come from you...and be in line with your intentions. But the products are already prayed over so if you are not ready to do this...then you do not have to.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Carin Huber

Unread post by Carin Huber » Wed May 05, 2010 5:41 pm

Yes, you should indeed pray over Lucky Mojo products (and all spiritual products) before using them. Lucky Mojo products are blessed and "programmed" to the general type of work for which they are intended. You must pray over them to set them to your specific situation. For myself, I will pour a bit of the product into my hand from the bottle or package, and pray over just what I have in my hand. In this way, if needed, I can use the rest of the package for another similar-but-separate job.

Hoodoo is not really a religion-specific practice. Yes, many many practitioners are Christian, and yes, many many people invoke Catholic saints in their rootwork. But the saints likely entered rootwork as a cover for the original African gods and spirits who came to America with African people who were kidnapped and pressed into slavery here. A perusal of the Lucky Mojo catalogue will also show an entire line of products dedicated to various Hindu gods and goddesses, as well as the occasional Chinese deity. And, of course, rootwork can be performed without invoking any deity at all.

What I'm trying to say here is NOT that hoodoo practitioners shouldn't pray in a Christian fashion, but that they SHOULD pray in a way that feels right and comfortable for them personally. If you try to work with energies with which you're not familiar or comfortable, it can dissipate and confuse the work. By all means, visit churches that may not be of your own creed, learn about and from them, the better to understand and respect them. But don't feel you *have* to pray one way or another in your work.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed May 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Actually Saint work is relatively new to Conjure as Hoodoo developed as an African American Protestant Christian form of spirituality.

Historically, Hoodoo is a Christian form of spirituality and while you are correct in assuming that you don't have to be Christian to practice hoodoo, it is traditional to work with its roots which include God and the Bible in its work. Therefore, traditionally, conjurers wouldn't invoke other deities, and certainly wouldn't work without God.

Hoodoo is not a religion and isn't dogmatic about its view of spirituality, but if you remove God and the Bible from conjure you don't really have hoodoo anymore.

Wraith, Miss cat herself posted a decon's prayer on the forums to help some understand prayer in context of conjure. You may benefit from youtubing a few of those prayers. This may help you learn how to pray while using the spiritual products for a particular condition. However, do not sacrifice the quality of the prayer for the form.

Good luck.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed May 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Not being African American, the church I was raised in, while evangelical, prays VERY differently than the churches that you find videos for. I also picked up other ways to pray as I was exploring my spirituality outside of a Christian context. My prayers are personal and not in any specific style, and they work just fine. It comes down to expressing yourself in a concentrated way, while maintaining a connection to the divine. How you do that will likely be individual.

Yes, learn how the old conjure style workers likely would have prayed so you understand the cultural context. However if praying in that way is not natural for you, then just find a way that is.

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Wed May 05, 2010 6:56 pm

this has turned into quite an interesting topic. i hope many others new to hoodoo benefit well from this knowledge.
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

Katie_Did1111

Unread post by Katie_Did1111 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:04 pm

As others said, no one can teach you how to pray; it's entirely personal. Now, since you asked about Psalms . . .

Psalm 23 ("The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .") is good for work that draws things to you like love, prosperity, and so forth.

Psalm 37 ("Fret not thyself because of evildoers . . .") is good for protection and certain work that rids people and situations from your life.

Those are common, but only the beginning. If you read the free spell archives on the Lucky Mojo site, many of those pages indicate specific Psalms to read to serve the purpose. You might also read all the Psalms and get familiar with them to find one compatible with the work you're doing. I used Psalm 55 (as written here http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=KJV ) in a justified curse against someone who abused, tormented, and endangered me for close to three years, and it suited me quite well.

And if you're still not sure, read the archives or order a spell kit and follow the directions.

~K

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu May 06, 2010 7:10 am

Bravo for an informative and well written thread...it's nice to see a question turned into an intelligent conversation. Just one more reason I love hanging out in these LM forums!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu May 06, 2010 8:10 am

On the subject of psalms, I'd like to point out that there is a entire category of psalms called by theologists Imprecatory psalms. These are psalms that pray for God to punish or curse ones enemy's. From your other topics, wraithklewn, you may want to look into these.
starsinthesky7 wrote:Ummm...i am not sure why you would need to go to a "Black church" to learn how to pray. Not every "black church" is christian anyways. But I get the comment as Hoodoo is African-american folk magic.
I suggested that because rootwork is, like it or lump it, African American Christian folk magic, its incorporated a lot of other things into it, but at its core its still the magical practice of poor southern black Christians. So if you have no basis for how to pray you might as well start there. Anyway you don't need to, just a suggestion :). Its just that some people seem to try to take the Christianity out of hoodoo, and that just doesn't work, so I always try and go to the roots (pardon the pun) of the tradition.
HRCC Student #1559

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Thu May 06, 2010 9:24 pm

notes well taken on the impecatory psalms. i have a tiny bible that has all the psalms in it at the end. i have spent many many hours on this website daily and it has helped immensely. many thanks to all that have shared their knowledge with me here.
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

Recycler4570
Newly Registered

Unread post by Recycler4570 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:01 pm

My prayers usually involve a horn of mead offered or shared with the deity(s) and/or spirits I am invoking. They are usually quite simple but can have a profound effect on my mood and outlook.

Soluna

Unread post by Soluna » Sat May 08, 2010 12:17 pm

I was wondering if there are any Psalms that would help me with attracting gay men? Or one that would attract men. I have kiss me oil and Look me over, and follow me boy as well. Any suggestions would help thanks!

buzzbabe

Unread post by buzzbabe » Sat May 08, 2010 3:34 pm

You might want to get a '' lavender love drops'' or a ''come to me'' vigil candle-if your looking for love, I think the 6th or 8th chapter of the ''Song of Solomon'' is appropriate. You can always use Psalms 23 - it's pretty universial.

rjwcim

Unread post by rjwcim » Mon May 10, 2010 7:06 pm

In addition to what buzzbabe said I would also look into the Q products they are specifically used for gay men http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-q.html

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon May 10, 2010 8:38 pm

rjwcim wrote:In addition to what buzzbabe said I would also look into the Q products they are specifically used for gay men http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-q.html

Do keep in mind tho that Q is rather "cruisy" I personally wouldn't use it by itself if your looking for a long term thing.
HRCC Student #1559

HeactesHeart

Unread post by HeactesHeart » Wed May 12, 2010 5:25 am

Hello,

I would start with a LM Attraction , Look Me Over or even Dixie Love fixed candle with some dried Lavender in or around it.
Many have success with Psalm 138. Yet ,I would also use the following.....

Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:

If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!

Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?

Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Eccl 4:9-12 New International Version

I also would add something from the Song of Solomon like...

"I slept, but my heart was awake. Hark! my beloved is knocking. 'Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my perfect one; for my head is wet with dew, my locks with the drops of the night.' I had put off my garment, how could I put it on? I had bathed my feet, how could I soil them? My beloved put his hand to the latch, and my heart was thrilled within me. I arose to open to my beloved, and my hands dripped with myrrh, my fingers with liquid myrrh, upon the handles of the bolt. I opened to my beloved, but my beloved had turned and gone. My soul failed me when he spoke. I sought him, but found him not; I called him, but he gave no answer. I am sick with love." (5:2-8)

Just a few suggestions. Call LM they can fix you up with the 'Right Stuff'. ;)

Good Luck,

Coco

danger

Unread post by danger » Wed May 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Hello! I'm starting an Attraction spell this Friday. This spell is for men to find me attractive and desirable.

I'm having trouble coming up with a perfect chant. (No saints/deity involved).

This is usually the easiest part for me. But, for some reason I'm drawing a blank.

Can someone share with me a few simple chants?

Thank you!

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Wed May 12, 2010 5:39 pm

Personally, I don't "chant" when I do any work. I focus my thoughts and envision what I want to see happen. If it's a general attaction spell, while you are working, imagine the type of men you are interested in asking you out, talking to you, etc. Envision yourself getting lots of attention and being fawned over. Play music that makes you feel attractive.. whenever you are out, think about your "song". and if you really need to chant something.. something like "I am beautiful, men find me attractive, I am irresistible, etc." might be what you want.

The trick is taking the energy inside yourself and using it to work for you. Appreciate that you are beautiful, realize you are beautiful and worthy of tons of attention and you will get it.

Good luck

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed May 12, 2010 7:39 pm

Hoodoo doesn't really use chant like Wiccan and other NeoPagan and some European magic does. It's powered primarily through prayer. I would just pray from the heart - if you're not using Deity, than consider that you're communicating with the Universe.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed May 12, 2010 8:21 pm

jujugiggles wrote:Hoodoo doesn't really use chant like Wiccan and other NeoPagan and some European magic does. It's powered primarily through prayer. I would just pray from the heart - if you're not using Deity, than consider that you're communicating with the Universe.

Yes, yes...YES! I cannot stress the above enough!!! Talk to the herb, candle, etc... Talk from your heart and with determination! "Praying" means many different things for many people. Find your definition and go full steam ahead...

...and Good Luck with the whole spell...keep us posted...

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu May 13, 2010 2:59 am

The famous European folk magic rhymed spell or "chant" form of "enchantment" is not too common in hoodoo, although a few such rhymes are found, through the agency of cross-cultural mixing.

Most all hoodoo work is Christian and is done in the name of the Christian deity.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

danger

Unread post by danger » Thu May 13, 2010 7:34 am

To be completely honest, I don't know anything about Wicca. My post clearly states that "I'm drawing a blank". So, chant was the only word I could think of at that time. For those of you who helped, thank you very much for your replies. I hope God continues to bless everyone of you.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu May 13, 2010 7:52 am

You were given some good advice here. We never said you were Wiccan - it's just that the idea of chanting during spells has been brought in from some European sources, and popularized by the Neopagan movement. A lot of people think that hoodoo works the same way as those styles of magic, when it doesn't. It's a cultural difference that was simply being pointed out. This forum is for learning and sharing about hoodoo. You asked for a chant, and were told that chanting isn't really done in hoodoo, but prayer is.

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Thu May 13, 2010 9:38 am

Danger,

Good luck with your attraction spell and let me know how it works out for you.

danger

Unread post by danger » Thu May 20, 2010 4:37 pm

I started a spell a few days ago which has been going good so far. Today I forgot to do my daily prayer. (Due to personal circumstances). Should I go ahead and pray now or should I wait until tomorrow? All responses will be appreciated.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu May 20, 2010 6:14 pm

Life happens, pray now...if you got the spell from LM, it has been prayed over but you should personalize it for your needs.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu May 20, 2010 8:59 pm

jwmcclin wrote:Life happens, pray now...if you got the spell from LM, it has been prayed over but you should personalize it for your needs.
^^^
Agreed, agreed, agreed!

To the OP:

Good job staying on top of things, but don't get down on your work b/c of a simple hiccup...

Good Luck!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Mon May 24, 2010 11:47 pm

I take what I call a "wizard walk". I wear my great big clunky headphones and put my iPod to shuffle, and treat the songs that come up as a good divination of how things will go. Then I usually pick a place of solemnity to head to, usually a church or a graveyard or a monument of some kind, and I try to look at everything I encounter along the way. When I get there, I say my prayer, turn off the iPod, and just sit and listen for a bit, and then I'm usually pretty centered and know where to go next.

Usually I do this late at night when the streets are empty.

My own personal superstition is that if I am interrupted and have to take the headphones off while on the walk, things will go pretty lousy in that endeavor.
HRCC Student #2174G

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sat May 29, 2010 9:31 pm

I have been enjoying the Lucky Mojo site and Love the products, forum and words of wisdom from many talented people who post! It was recommended to me that I consult with an AIRR reader and I need to, even though it migh be difficult in scheduling through the holiday weekend.

I started a banishing spell with Psalm 94 and tomorrow will be day 5 of the spell I am wondering about the "words" please. (prior to the Psalm -- listed in the Lucky Mojo Site, "Eel kanno taf")

I am having second thoughts, not due to the original intent of the banishment, but because it was my first black candle and hotfoot burn along with the words. Can I stop the spell and just go throw in the cross roads? Should I continue on? Can I consult with a reader tomorrow, Sunday, Memorial Day weekend? Or can someone just answer question and Ill still love to have a reading at a later date?

Thank you Ms Cat and all other Readers who might be checking this section. I am enjoying my many products and I look forward to a reading,

Have a blessed day.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat May 29, 2010 9:32 pm

The spell was posted in usenet in 1998 by someone named cruz777. The term Eel kanno taf would be a Hebrew formulation from Jewish Kaballah, such as "Secrets of the Psalms" or the "Sixth and Seventh Books of Moses."
catherine yronwode

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Mon May 31, 2010 1:32 pm

So glad to read about so many people using music to help with mindset! I wasn't sure how Hoodoo looked upon that, but with what I'm working up at the moment, there are some songs that fit perfectly and having spent 14 years as a performer in nightclubs and time before that working in the music business, music has a great deal of ability to influence and amplify my mood. Now I have no doubt that I should use the songs I was considering using while doing my work this week!

(And just throwing out a random thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum! I am learning and re-learning so much. Thank you all for sharing with others!)
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

Jude423

Unread post by Jude423 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:10 am

As I've been doing things like dressing money, dressing business cards, and letters, and doing spells for prosperity, I've found that I've wanted to add things to my work to concentrate my efforts more. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on psalms or prayers that I could add along with my specific requests? I've been using the 23rd Psalm, but I was wondering if there are other psalms that are applicable to prosperity, getting work, keeping customers, and having money stay with me. Thanks.

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:07 am

Pslam 8 is good for success in business, while Psalm 75 can be used to encourage hiring. Not too sure about your other queries though.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:54 am

I find that psalms are good if you feel a strong connection to them. Otherwise you may find it more 'handy' to change/adjust the products you're using with your money spells instead.

E.g. do you burn incense with your money work? That'd definitely make you more focused, esp. if you add some bits of money-drawing herbs into the incense powder, or even better, make your own mix using the LM herbs and burn them on charcoal.

Also, do you do regular spiritual cleansings of your business venue (say with Chinese wash)? Do you cleanse your altar? Do you dress the corners with money-drawing powder? Having a set-up with good vibes helps a great deal.

One thing I find most very useful is a money lamp - you can search the forum for posts on how to put one together. You can add a variety of oils, like Money Drawing, Money Stay with me, Prosperity...and also, Crown of Success and Steady work, state clearly in your petition and prayers what you're looking to accomplish. Those will cover all your goals. The lamp gives a strong and consistent punch to the other spells you're doing. I put mine on the top of my name cards, at the corner of my desk (my business space).
HRCC Graduate #1610

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:38 pm

I agree. There are very few Psalms that I feel connected with, and so I only use those when they are appropriate. The rest of the time I just pray from the heart.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:22 pm

Good post... I'm going to check out Psalm 8 and 75. For my new "Road to Success". Thanks for sharing.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

curious1212

Unread post by curious1212 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:10 pm

from other posts I've read,people say a prayer which one should I use? I usually use return to me reconciliation attraction and follow me girl. other oils I have are kiss me now southern Dixie love. thanks in advanced!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:26 am

I just pray from my heart - I rarely use pre-written prayers.
Others use Psalms or the Song of Solomon for love work.

Elveta

Unread post by Elveta » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:01 am

I like the Song of Solomon. Also like this poem from Elizabeth Browning: "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight for the ends of being and idel grace. I love thee to the level of every day's most quiet need, by sun and candle light. I love thee freely as men strive for right. I love thee purely, as they turn from praise. I love thee with the passion put to use in my old griefs,and with my childhood's faith. I love thee with a love I seemed to lose with my lost saints. I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears of all my life; and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death."

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:56 pm

I use the book "Secrets of the Psalms" for inspiration.

Secrets of the Psalms by Godfrey A. Selig
Originally published in Pennsylvania in the 1700s; this reprints a circa 1940 edition, 9th printing, 2000.
Here is an unusual and provocative item -- a Jewish kabbalistic work, translated from old Hebrew texts by a German-born mystical Christian author -- and marketed extensively to the African-American community through ads in black-owned newspapers such as the Chicago Defender. Each Psalm is prescribed for a different condition, from ending slander and drunkenness to drawing money and luck. Among Christian hoodoos, burning "condition" incense while reciting the Psalms is very popular. All 150 Psalms (King James Version) are included in the book for easy reference. 88 pages, saddle-stitched.

BOO-GRI-SOPS
Secrets of the Psalms by Godfrey Selig
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

oscar

Unread post by oscar » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:20 pm

what do i do with parchment papers after a spell ists done or with empty candle bottles

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:21 pm

oscar wrote:what do i do with parchment papers after a spell ists done or with empty candle bottles
You can read about ritual disposal here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

ShadoWalker

Unread post by ShadoWalker » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Before I do a working I think about why I am doing what I am doing. As I gather my supplies, like amny others, my thoughts are on the working. What supplies I need and why, what are my steps to the working, what will I say, how will I disppose of it afterwards, what spirits should I work with. I usually get my emotions going, but keep my focus on the work ahead. If a roomate talks to me I shut them out of my head and keep focusing. Sometimes I work with music playing in the background and sometimes I don't it all depends on my mood. I will say a petition to the spirits to guide me in m workings and send their blessings and then I do my working. Sometimes I usually just say prayers straight from my heart and others times I will recite the Psalms. I usually just open my bible and lay it on my altar and recite from the pages. Does anyone else read from the bible or do you find it all right to read from it instead of reciting from the heart? The spirits know I am horrible reciting from heart....lol. I know there are different beliefs on this. My altar is in my bedroom so I am always sending energy into my working. There is even a "feeding time" as my friends and I call it which is usually around midnight or three in the morning when I will naturally wake up and just stare at my altar and feed it my energy. I have even had sllight red markings appear on my body in symbols, freaked me out at first, like a triangle or seen the persons face I am working for or against in my dreams or he candles burning in my dreams. Everytime I go to my working and altar I take a second to send energy toward it.

pla6066

Unread post by pla6066 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:42 am

I purchased the Secrets of the Psalms and the revelations that are provided are very powerful indeed. And the Psalms work on every intention that you might have...

danger

Unread post by danger » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:17 pm

I would like to know does anyone have any suggestion on what Psalms I can read for Love/Attraction?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 pm

Song of Solomon and Psalm 23
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:20 am

I intend to purchase secrets of the psalms this weekend at Lucky Mojo. Thanks all who replied in this thread.

Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson

truebeliever

Unread post by truebeliever » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Hello,
For money I read Psalms 119 verses 17-24. I hope this helps..
True Believer,
Thanx so much St. Expedite!!

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”