Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
LadyWtch
Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by LadyWtch » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:28 am

Thanks Miss Aida!

I am learning so much from this forum!

lw
Thank you St. Martha for all you do on my behalf!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:06 pm

Hello, LadyWtch,

Teaching is what we do! LOL
HRCC Graduate #1631

LadyWtch

Unread post by LadyWtch » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:40 am

You do it well. I also have to say that the Lucky Mojo products are amazing.

Lw

freda222

Unread post by freda222 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:36 pm

so i did a money and job spell and the wax remains showed several hearts and what i think was a penis. lol
Thank you Saint Expedite

Fox

Unread post by Fox » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:25 am

Hi,

So I lit a candle dressed in Breakup/Banishing over a vinegar jar to banish/break up my lover's ex gf and the remains were so unusual I had to post a question here. There were some charred bits left over from the powders I'd rubbed on the candle and the remains formed a stylized "3" with the wick curving over it. From the side (the remainder of the wick curved over and joined two separate pieces) it looks kind of like an Eye of Horus or charm against the evil eye with a bit of char as a pupil. The candle burned fast and well, almost aggressively, and I had a very strong feeling the spell worked.

The wax definitely looked like a winged creature of some sort, with a woman's face, bent on the ground. Both the wax and remains were so weird (never really seen remains as complex as these before). Any thoughts would be welcome.
Seeking to learn more.

LadyWtch

Unread post by LadyWtch » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:51 pm

Well, the first thing that comes to my mind when you say winged creature and woman is St. Martha. But then, I am working with her at the moment and she has been sending me signs...some in the form of dragons.

It is hard to say because only you know your full situation and signs are very personal.

I think you should get a reading Fox from some of the folks who are good at analyzing the wax remains.

Lw

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:57 pm

Hello, Fox ,

I am sorry but we do not perform interpretations on the forum.

You can either do what LadyWtch suggested. Or you can buy a tea leaf interpretation book (these are the same for wax symbols)

Find them here: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

firefly972

Unread post by firefly972 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:19 am

Hello,

I lit a candle asking saint Cyprian of Antioch to help me. At first, the wick made some knots but without dark smoke on the glass. All those knots (seven) made from wick parts are now in the wax.
Does anyone has experienced the same situation? Can this be due to a poor candle?
Now everyhting is fine and the wick don't do knots

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue May 03, 2016 10:01 am

firefly972,

Your question is in two parts:

1) Has anyone experienced this before?

Yes, i have.

2) Is this due to a poorly made candle?

Now here i can say with some certainly that you are asking the wrong question. The actual question you are asking is, "Do omens exist at all or are they simply the result of happenstance and a poor understanding of the physics of candle manufacture and burning?"

To this i reply, "This forum is for the discussion of MAGIC, not the discussion of PHYSICS."

In the practice of magic, one of the basic principles is that things not seemingly connected on an overt or mundane level, when interpreted in a spiritual manner, give clues to underlying patterns of activity in the cosmos. The idea of an omen or sign derives from this basic principle -- also known to some as the principle of synchronicity or the principle of intersubjectivity or the principle of wholistic experience. The real question is not, "Was that candle ill-made?" but, "I chose THAT candle or THAT candle was selected for me -- what does it SIGNIFY?"

I have written at several points in this forum -- and in this very thread -- and also in my book "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic," about your problem, which i understand as the difficulty experienced by a scientistic person who is at the borders of the magical, but cannot yet (or ever) become become fully immersed in the world of magic.

See candle-divination-flame-wick-wax-glass- ... ml#p184480

When a materialist decides to try candle magic, there is often a half-hearted attempt at producing a non-materialistic or transcendental outcome -- "I'll light a candle to improve my situation" -- but as soon as a sign is given, the entire enterprise is immediately downgraded to materialistic physics -- "The candle was probably badly made, right?"

Sure, maybe it was, but you chose it or it was chosen for you and, according to the principles of magic, in some way, in an ineffable and spiritual way, your prayer was linked to THAT particular candle, and it gave you THAT particular sign.

My advice to you, based on a lifetime of experience practicing and teaching these arts, is, "If you cannot feel the spirit, don't waste your time in church." That is, if magic is not comfortable to you or is not your realm of productive outcomes, try studying physics instead. But if you want to learn the art of hoodoo candle magic, remember this: it is an ART, not a science.

This book delves more deeply into the topic. Give it a try:

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Thanks for your question. The following reply has been ADDED to my "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" page on Candle Divination at

Candle Magic Divination
http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

-- and i thank you for the opportunity to write a bit more on the subject and make it a permanent part of the web site.

For a further discussion of the theory and philosophy of magic in general -- ranging beyond mere candle burning -- see

REAL MAGICK:
DOES MAGIC REALLY WORK?:
ARE MAGIC SPELLS REAL?,
WHICH ARE THE MOST POWERFUL MAGIC SPELLS?,
IS THERE SUCH A THING AS REAL MAGICK?
http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/real.html

Here you will find my opinionated answer to these burning questions:

How do real magick spells actually work?
Do magick spells always work?
Are powerful magick spells guaranteed to work?
Is magick spell-casting worth trying if it is not guaranteed?
Are magick spells real or are the results just coincidence?
If magick spells are real, why doesn't everyone use them?
I'm a newbie: How difficult are magic spells to do?
Which magick spells are the strongest and most powerful?
If i cast too many magick spells will i get "spell overload"?
If i cast powerful spells incorrectly will they "backfire" on me?
How long shall i wait for magick spells to work?
Do you have to be a certain religion to practice real magick?
Why are hoodoo spells done with psalms or in jesus' name?
Where can i learn more about real powerful magick spells?

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

firefly972

Unread post by firefly972 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:49 pm

Hello Catherine,

thanks for the reply but I swear I just wanted to know if I was the only one to have experienced this.

I already bought your book about candle burning but there was nothing about burned wick part in the wax. I know that knots mean resistance but what does this mean when those knots fall into the wax? I didn't dare to ask the meaning of this since MISS Aida keep saying that there is no candle reading on the forum.
Since I couldn't read things about this in your book I thought it could be because of poorly made candle.
I do believe in magick in fact your products help me to deal with very strong psychic attack. In fact my chakras react strongly to your product. Thanks

ladyinred

Unread post by ladyinred » Wed May 18, 2016 6:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I recently did a candle spell and initially the flame was quite low. I felt the need to do an egg cleansing on myself & went through with the process. The next day I noticed that the flame was burning much higher than before and continued at that height until the candle burned through. I take that as a good omen. Has this happened to anyone before?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed May 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Hello, ladyinred ,

Yes, that has happened before.

Please read this page: www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

ladyinred

Unread post by ladyinred » Thu May 19, 2016 8:30 am

Thank you Miss Aida, that gave me some insight.

ALW
HRCC Student

Unread post by ALW » Tue May 24, 2016 9:48 am

I new to this method of candle burning. I've always burned white tea lights or vigils because those have been easiest to find and what I often saw growing up. I hadn't dressed or otherwise prepared them before burning aside from setting my intent while holding them in my hands. This forum and Cat's book have really helped bring more insight to my practice.

I'm still waiting for my first order, so have been using olive oil and incense that I have on hand along with candles I purchased elsewhere since the chimes from LM are so popular they were out of stock when I ordered.

I've been addressing an issue with someone lying and stealing and work first thing in the morning with a 4" since they will usually burn before my daughter wakes up. They've been burning fast and clean and I've seen some movement then backsliding. I have my ancestors situated directly across and slightly elevated from my working altar. This morning I was guided to provide more light in addition to the vigil I keep burning for them, then to use one black and one green candle in my work instead of the single candle I had been using.

I use a working candle on my altar, which I light before starting any other work and extinguish it after the other candles have burned. I find it helps me shift gears and that's been the main reason I use it. This candle has been burning strong with a high, dancing flame until today. I lit the black and green candles. The green one burned clean leaving only a hint of wax in the holder, while the black one dripped on the side facing away from me with some wax puddling at the end of the burn and the wick staying lit for close to an hour before going out with a trail of smoke. The working candle repeatedly guttered and recovered during the burn and I poured out wax twice so the flame wouldn't go out.

I'm new to this way of working and reading (the only tool I'm familiar with is a pendulum, and I perceive energy but have not learned to interpret the different sensations) and have a petition under the tile that the candles are burned on. Because of the two candles performing the way they did, I wonder if I should be addressing this in two separate spells or conclude this work and start again with a different petition or use a different type of candle (skull, perhaps)?

I plan to get a reading to help clarify what I'm working with / against and to get coaching on the best way to proceed and use the items in my order once it arrives. I just wanted to share my experience here a say that I'm thankful for the guidance I've been able to glean from all the generous contributors here as well as the LM site and publications.

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue May 24, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi ALW,

You have some interesting experiences here and I am glad you are following up with a reading and coaching. You seem to have an affinity for the work. Have you considered enrolling in miss cat's course? It's terrific and I have a feeling you'd be a natural. Just something to think about.

Best of luck to you.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Moderator

ALW
HRCC Student

Unread post by ALW » Tue May 24, 2016 5:57 pm

Thank you, Miss Athena. Yes, I do intend to interview for the course after I've completed the requisite purchases and taken time to work with the materials. I also saw on Miss Cat's Facebook page that time is limited on the apprentice training and I definitely want to be able to attend before it's too late.

LearningBird

Unread post by LearningBird » Wed May 25, 2016 12:17 pm

Greetings everyone :)

I have a question regarding the wax residue the candle left, its a heart but wider sort of like wings, before that there were a few penis shaped wax left behind and the weirdest one looks almost like a boy bending on knees, almost like praying. do they mean anything?

Also the heart wings wax wasn't left on my honey jar but on the alter

Will appreciate any response

Much love and blessings <3

Reason: DOuble posting board wanrning

LearningBird

Unread post by LearningBird » Wed May 25, 2016 1:10 pm

To my previous post, I forgot to mention, the candles i'm lighting are for my working honey jar for my ex
we stopped talking 2 months back and we were best friends, I'm working on the honey jar to get him back as we were best friends for over 3 years

And also Im aware, no one here practices divination but what i'm asking is, are these positive signs so i can try for further movement?

So any input is high appreciated

Much love to all!

Reason: Doulbe posting board warning

Elle DuVall
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Elle DuVall » Fri May 27, 2016 5:29 pm

Ok so, I was working my honey jar tonight when close to the bottom (an inch or so left) the candle wick bends over and splits into a different piece.

The tiny piece that split away fell over on the left side and began to melt the wax dramatically (it was not connected to the main flame for a moment then reattached while burning the wax away). The tiny piece burned up quickly and made my candle burn much faster down.

It left a little wax pooled in the shape of a shoeprint on the bottom. What does this indicate?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri May 27, 2016 9:19 pm

Hello, Ellemarie,

I am sorry but we do not interpret candles on the forum.

But you can find your answers in 2 places:

FIRST PLACE......

This book delves more deeply into the topic. Give it a try:

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

SECOND PLACE.....

Candle Magic Divination
http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Take care!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Elle DuVall
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Elle DuVall » Sat May 28, 2016 4:28 am

Thanks, I've already ordered the book but am still waiting on it. I also checked the page yesterday just to reread that portion and see if I could pick up any info.

I always try to watch the candles burn down and this was the first time I've seen a reaction like that. I remember reading something Catherine said about the situation around buying the candle is irrelevant, because I already did and I take that as I was meant to have that specific burn even if the quality sucks.

My understanding of what happened however is this: the second flame is another person or spirit, being that it leaned left its from the past. I feel more like it's a spirit helping to strengthen the main flame and bring about quickly the workings of the jar. The shoeprint at the bottom may mean he's moving (he has already moved oit) or there are dilemmas with him moving back home.

Kmuhammad2029

Unread post by Kmuhammad2029 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:31 pm

I started four vigil candles last night Follow Me Boy, Return To Me, Domination, and Essence of Bend Over.

My questions --

1) The Follow Me Boy and the Return to Me are burning well but also seem to be burning a little quickly. Flames are strong with occasional puffs of white smoke and dancing, I have checked for drafts there are none. What happens if they finish before 7 days?

2) As for the Domination and Essence of Bend Over they are burning slow and steady. I trimmed knot off both wicks and flames have become stronger. Upon first light they were very low I was afraid they wouldn't last through the night. What does all this mean.?

3) I know a fast burn means it's working but will I have lasting results or need to repeat soon after?

4) If so do I create new petitions or set lights on the previous ones?

Lilith Moon

Unread post by Lilith Moon » Mon May 30, 2016 4:23 am

If you want them to last 7 days then you need to snuff them and burn them in timed sections so that they will last the total period.

As for your other questions you will find answers in the second link that Miss Aida posted above. :)
Thank you St. Martha, St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael for your help and blessings.

Kmuhammad2029

Unread post by Kmuhammad2029 » Mon May 30, 2016 8:22 am

Hi Lilith Moon,
I know I can snuff to make them last, but I thought once they were lit they have to burn straight through. Far as the link for my other questions, what link are you referring to? I went to the candle magic divination link before posting here and I don't see anything that addresses what I asked. Could you perhaps copy and paste the link please

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon May 30, 2016 2:27 pm

KMuhammad2029, if you let modern vigil lights burn straight through they'll only last 4-5 days. If you're not doing a spell that requires a certain number of days, that'll be fine -- you can always light another if needed.

Some spells do require seven days' work, though -- moving candle spells, for instance. When I work these with vigil lights, I always snuff the candle for the first few days (letting them burn only during the nighttime after moving them as the spell requires). From the third or fourth night onward, I generally let them burn straight through so the flame is still live when the spell ends.

So the answer to your question,
I thought once they were lit they have to burn straight through.
is "Yes -- unless they don't."
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Kmuhammad2029

Unread post by Kmuhammad2029 » Mon May 30, 2016 2:55 pm

MissMichaele,

Ah ok I see, in this case the lights are just burning on their own so I gather I will be fine. The Domination and Essence of Bend Over are in conjunction with a figural candle they are burning not even nearly as fast as the Follow Me Boy and Return to Me, yet they were all lit at the exact same time with maybe a second or so in between lighting. Considering I am just using the figural for Domination and Essence of Bend Over vigil lights should I snuff or let them go. I read that these type of will bending lights should be let to burn continuously so that the target does not gather what is happening.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon May 30, 2016 7:58 pm

Hello, Kmuhammad2029 ,

If you truly feel that they have to burn straight through, then TRUST your gut feelings.

Wishing you great success with your spells

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Kmuhammad2029

Unread post by Kmuhammad2029 » Mon May 30, 2016 8:09 pm

Miss Aida,
Thank you for your reply and well wishes. I pray I have great success as well. I have to stop doubting and go with what I feel in my spirit.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon May 30, 2016 8:14 pm

Hello, Kmuhammad2029 ,

DOUBT is one of the main enemies of a successful spell.

I am so happy that you have recognize this and now can trust yourself.

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

SorceressAbby
Newly Registered

Unread post by SorceressAbby » Tue May 31, 2016 4:24 pm

Hi, I'm new here and have a candle that has two rows with lil tiny ppl seemingly holding hands halfway around the jar. I'm using my phone and not quite sure how or where to upload the image

Shawna3211

Unread post by Shawna3211 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi all!

I'm burning my first candle and it's been going great. It's a Come to Me candle.
It was fine until I came home today to find that the wick had drifted to one side. Now there's really no option but for a soot streak.
Some have said to move the wick to the middle and I can't find the answer. Another candle I have was going well until today and now it's hollowing out.. Thick wax on wall. Should I leave it? Does this mean I should get more candles? Has this gone awry? I have a LM order en route.

Blessings
s

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:58 pm

Hello, SorceressAbby ,

Do not upload the image. We do not perform candle interpretations on the forum

Thank you
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:01 pm

Hello, Shawna3211,

In the future, "Doctor" the candle if you wish. This means to manipulate the candle to do what you want it to do to get the desired results.

If this were me, I would light another candle after this one. You're getting a lot of obstacles here.

If it happens again, then perform a blockbuster spell then try lighting another candle again

www.luckymojo.com/blockbuster.html

Wishing you the best

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:33 pm

SorceressAbby, some AIRR readers will read candles from a good clear photograph. Check out readersandrootworkers.org, and pick a few readers whose biographies appeal to you, and ask them if they can read your candle glass.

Good luck,

Miss Michaele

Shawna3211

Unread post by Shawna3211 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Thanks Miss Aida! You won't believe but I came home and literally that whole section had remelted. I know.. Odd.

What I did notice, and I searched the forum first, is that my candles all have the flames bend toward me when I sit down. I thought... Draft so I picked one up and sat it behind me.. Flame still bent toward me. The exact opposite of the original direction. Now, I had been meditating and working them too. I moved it to my left and right. Same thing bends toward me.

I would think this is a good thing. At least I hope. After working them I'm generally exhausted. My dominate candle has burned half way in about 30 hours.

Is this good or.. Do I have a problem going on here? I've seen movement in a week. So.. Good!???

Blessings all
S

Hailey09

Unread post by Hailey09 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:25 am

Shawna3211 this sounds AWESOME for you. Keep believing in your work and keep us posted. Movement and bending flames towards you with a Come to Me candle sounds very promising
Peace and many Blessings

Letsdoit2015

Unread post by Letsdoit2015 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:00 pm

Hello everyone. I was doing the breakup spell with the candle and it formed a "Bird" looking image. Does any one knows what this means?

Thanks

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:32 pm

Hello, Letsdoit2015,

We do not perform candle interpretations or divinations on the forum.

But just this one time I will tell you: if the wings are extended, it is a good sign: good news.

Please look at tea leaf interpretation books. They are the same as the candle wax interpretations. My favorite is the one written Sasha Fenton

Find the book here: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Letsdoit2015

Unread post by Letsdoit2015 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:25 am

Thank you Miss Aida. Will look into it and purchase.

Hailey09

Unread post by Hailey09 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:49 pm

Just a brief update on my skull candle (white)...it's for building a better, more confident bond between my beloved and I. The skull is burning SUPER fast and my beloved and I got into a heated argument prior to my work. I was so upset by it that I cried a prayer...I mean a very intense cry. The first time I've cried about my situation now that I think about it. Anywho, I had also lit a votive candle on my honey jar and as my tears are running down my face I am watching the skull candle melt away and then I look at my votive and I see that the wick has split into a cross. My beloveds name also starts with a "t" so anyway u look at it, I'm comforted by seeing it. Tonight has been quite emotional but I'm feeling at ease now. I haven't read anything about a "cross like" wick anywhere but I will be adding this beautiful sight into my journal.

Peace and Blessings to you all

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:44 pm

Hello, Hailey09 ,

I pray that you get FANTASTIC manifestation

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Hailey09

Unread post by Hailey09 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:58 pm

Thank you Miss Aida! Only God knows how hard I'm working on this. I received skull on Monday and started working on it on Tuesday my beloveds birthday. The fact that I was able to work on his birthday seems like a sign that I prayed for as I was keeping that honey jar heated. It's only Wednesday, technically Thursday but this candle is pretty much done. He and I got into another argument today WE NEVER argued before but I attribute it to the candle and oil. As fast as this candle is burning symbolizes how fast our emotions got the best of us and emotions running high. I was discouraged but then I saw a yellow ladybug. I instantly felt at eased and optimistic. The back of the skull peeled back thinly, yet still semi intact which alerts me to think I'm getting into layers of resistance, the front of the skull melted away but in a crumbled up manner and unrecognizable. All in all I'm still confident in my work and interpretations but gonna give the love work a rest and purchase some tranquility products in addition to some reconciliation products and cleansing products while i just do my prayer and honey jar once a week. I'm tired but that cross shaped wick last night felt amazing to see. It let me know that God GOT this and is pleased that I've found this form of communication with him.
If anything between now and then happens, I'll definitely share

Hailey09

Unread post by Hailey09 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:17 pm

Is it common for the flame to go wild at the end of a loaded skull candle? Logically it makes sense since that's where all my goodies are located. I assume the oils and herbs are appealing to the spirits. Is this right?

Lilith Moon

Unread post by Lilith Moon » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:49 pm

Hailey09, it will be due to the ingredients that you used to load it with and not due to spirit activity.
Thank you St. Martha, St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael for your help and blessings.

Ravenlynn
Newly Registered

Unread post by Ravenlynn » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:23 am

I did a love spell early this morning at 3 am. It was a red candle dressed with orris root and my blood. The candle was free standing (no glass) and 6 inches tall. I also had it sitting on a mirror with crystal quartz surrounding it for extra oomph. I did my work then went to bed.

At 6 am the candle burned all the way down and started to catch fire. Thank goodness for fire alarms! This was an accelerated burn. I expected it to take about 8-12 hours. The flame in the beginning was a normal flame.

My question is what does this mean? Resistance because the near miss fire (also the mirror broke underneath it) or fast but short lived results?

I'm confused.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:42 am

Ravenlynn,

Neither of the options you suggest is what i believe to have happened, in my opinion.

First, i have no idea why you burned the love candle on a mirror. In my tradition, which is hoodoo, setting a light on a mirror would be done to reverse or send back love, in short, to reject it. If that is what you wanted, you did not get your wish -- the mirror broke.

Second, you were very unsafe in your work and i do not find it wise to read omens from known unsafe candle practices. The candle should have been in a holder, not directly on the mirror.

Third, i have no idea what you mean when you say "it caught fire." It was already on fire. If you failed to use a candle holder and a puddle of wax built up on the mirror and you mean that the wax caught fire over its whole surface, like a grease fire, then i would say you are not yet ready to cast candle spells.

Learn fire safety first. This was a "failed spell."

You are very lucky you had a smoke alarm.

God bless and keep you.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Ravenlynn
Newly Registered

Unread post by Ravenlynn » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:27 pm

Thanks Catherine for your response. I used a mirror because my understanding of it is that it would give additional power to "send" the spell. I was wrong. I have done candle spells before that were successful but not too many. I never had this happen before. This was a big scare and I certainly will be more diligent with safety. Thanks again for your reply

Shawna3211

Unread post by Shawna3211 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:20 pm

Hello All!

I just completed my St John candle. Miss Aida had commented on the thick ring of wax that was at the middle of the candle. When thinking about the timeline it was when we weren't talking and he retreated scared of returning. Ok makes sense. Today, at the end of the burn I walked in to see a campfire burning. The whole bottom of the holder was aflame and all the residual had burned off. I watched it in case of explosion. It just poofed out.

Now the holder is completely clean. No wax.. Just a wee bit of oils left.

I'm thinking this is good? None of the other candles did this huge show.

Thoughts? Blessings
S

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:00 am

Hello Shayana3211,

In general something like that would suggest you burned through any blocks or hang ups.

Peace~

Nathen

Shawna3211

Unread post by Shawna3211 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:42 am

Thank you so much natstein! I was thinking so.. I'm learning hoodoo at such an alarming rate. It's empowering to not be a passerby witness in my life but to be a participant in how things unfold. I'm remembering dreams now and had one of giving birth. A new start.

I'm seeing additions to my library with LM books.

Thank you thank you thank you!!

Love and blessings
S

Hailey09

Unread post by Hailey09 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:00 pm

After dressing my plain red vigil candle with stay with me oil and lovage root and burning for about 5min a spark from the wick shot out at me. I used a dropper to administer the oil in all 7 holes, carefully placed the herbs away from the wick...I manipulated them into the holes. I've been more careless in other dressings than this one with no issues so I'm shocked. The wick sparked one time and the spark jumped out towards me whil I was praying. There isn't anything "specifically " addressing this on the site so I'm not sure what to think. Any ideas?

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:11 pm

Hailey09, when candle signs are confusing or absent, I like to pull a few cards. Use whatever divination system is clear and accurate for you. It's kind of like having an interpreter.

Hailey09

Unread post by Hailey09 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:15 pm

Thank you Miss Michaele! I'll jump on that tomorrow. I have a mentor here and will see him in the morning. I don't have a physical divination system on hand YET. Thanks again!

Shawna3211

Unread post by Shawna3211 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:35 am

Hope it goes well with your mentor honey!!

Positive vibes to you!

Shawna3211

Unread post by Shawna3211 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:39 am

Afternoon all!

So.. I sat to work at my "alter" my fireplace that hasn't been used. As I was working my Come to Me candle I heard droning from the St John candle. Like a zzzzz or a buzzing sound. I recorded it on my iPhone and asked what was trying to come through. Didn't hear anything but.. Just before I was going to send this message I got a text from my target.

This is my second St. John and Come to Me set.

I've never heard the candle make sustained noise for over two minutes. Not pops .. But a zzzzzzzz sound. It's new.. Maybe it's the oil?

Don't know..

S

Shawna3211

Unread post by Shawna3211 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:46 am

In my excitement I forgot to mention that I followed Ms Cat's advice from earlier posts and asked for a sign or movement.

Then the text.

Sorry!

ProphetAvery
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by ProphetAvery » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Well, the universe most definitely heard you! Loll I would thank my guides for the confirmation and based on the nature of the text (was it from the target, was it a good text or bad text?!, or ambiguous?) to see how its working in your favor, but if you've received a sign then definitely the candle is working and moving things for you.
God Bless St. Expedite, Archangel Michael!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1860G

Shawna3211

Unread post by Shawna3211 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:41 pm

ProphetAvery,

The text was about life and ... Get this.. Don't give up on the dream or the future! Yes that's a quote.
I almost dropped the phone. He went on to say he admired my thinking.

I absolutely cannot believe this! In the length of five minutes maybe?

I guess I should have order a fast money candle.

Now you CANNOT tell me this doesn't work.

S

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:36 pm

Hello, Shawna3211 ,

Congrats!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Anjayw2010

Unread post by Anjayw2010 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Hello everyone!!

I've been doing magic off and on since I can remember, but recently I purchase Lucky Mojo Reconciliation oil for me and my ex.

I dressed a red male/female (bride/groom) figure candle with reconciliation oil, high john, fire of love and follow me boy, place it on top of our picture together with one of his hair and put red rose petals around it.

Two things has already happened that seems kinda weird to me and unexplainable. One...

1) I lit both male/female around 9:30 pm......its now 1:35 am and it still has a a very small fire. What could this mean?

2) I left home to get it off my mind (of course put the candle in a very safe place) to only return home to nice size black ants at my front door!! Could someone please tell me what this could possibly mean.

Thanks for all reply!!

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”