Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
greentea
Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by greentea » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:32 pm

Hi Natasha76,

I'm no expert here but I have a honey jar working for me over two years and it's an ongoing love work. you don't have to carve the name on the candles but if you do, some people work from top to bottom some work from bottom to top. you would put your target's name. I usually put words like "love, lust, desire" on it if space allowed. You may put a piece of paper with your target's name and petition underneath the candle or insert it inside the candle. it's all about your intention, focus, and up to the spirits to help.

It's always good to educate ourselves by reading the forum at our spare time so when we want to start something, we might already have some info in the back of our head. I always come here just to gain knowledge. There's a search button where you can search within this forum for a specific answer so you might not need to read through 99 pages.

Hope it helps! It's friday and great for love work.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:12 pm

Hello, natasha76 ,

You write from bottom to top, spiral fashion, and you can write: lovemelovemeloveme

Or whatever your petition is: cometomecometomecometome

Or

Followmefolowmefollowme

You see? the same thing over and over. Hopefully, you can inscribe it seven times.

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:14 pm

Hello, bchcnyn16 ,

No, there's no problem here.

Some professional rootworkers don't adhere to any of these practices and still get great manifestation

So, don't worry! Be happy!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

significant

Unread post by significant » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:00 am

tnx Miss Aida and greentea....beause of time difference ( i am in Europe) i was waiting for some answers from you guys and fell asleep... today is Saturday..can I make today my new honey jar even is Saturday ?

Lilith Moon

Unread post by Lilith Moon » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:00 am

bchcnyn16, do what feels right to you.

I personally don't work to moon phases or planetary transits, and I still see results.

My own personal philosophy is that it is the intention behind the work that has the most power, yet others like to harness energy from the moon and planets to aid them.

I have started honey jars on various days of the week and they work.

The most important thing to remember is that if you set off working with any doubt in your mind such as 'I'm unsure if this is the correct day/oh no! the moon's waxing and not waning' then you will get poor results.

Trust your gut instinct and roll with it. ;)
Thank you St. Martha, St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael for your help and blessings.

bchcnyn16

Unread post by bchcnyn16 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:03 am

Thank you both for your replies, Miss Aida and Lilith Moon. I did go ahead and redo the jar yesterday, because I could sense my doubts about the original work might be having a negative influence. Also, I was not totally satisfied with how my first petition paper turned out. I'm very happy with the new jar and I'm committed to working it with all my best positive energy. In fact, no matter what happens with my target, I can already feel a sweetening effect within myself. I'm more at ease with the situation than I've felt in weeks and I trust that things will resolve themselves just exactly as they should. My target and I both deserve happy, joyful lives, whether we are together or apart. Thank goodness for sweet honey and the Lucky Mojo forums. :)

AlyssaH
HRCC Student

Unread post by AlyssaH » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:31 am

bchcnyn16: This, "My target and I both deserve happy, joyful lives, whether we are together or apart." is the type of attitude that leads to successful love work! I wish you lots of success in your love work. Your target will be lucky to have such a kind soul as their love partner! <3
HRCC Student #1989

bchcnyn16

Unread post by bchcnyn16 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:27 am

Thank you for the supportive words, AlyssaH. I'm new to this work so it's really nice to get some encouragement. Best wishes to you.

LoveMe27
Newly Registered

Unread post by LoveMe27 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi, all,

I would like to do a Sugar Jar to reunite with my ex-lover. I plan to put in the petition paper, sugar, a couple pictures of us, a couple stones, and some Lucky Mojo brand herbs, powders, and/or oils, etc.

Which Lucky Mojo brand products would you recommend? Please help me. Thank you!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:12 am

Hi LoveMe27,

Welcome to the forum. When you get a chance, and assuming you wish to do so, please introduce yourself in the Introductions thread.

I have moved your post to the correct thread. In the future, please search the forum for the right place to post.

In this thread, you will find nearly 100 pages of advice on how to construct your jar for your desired purpose of bringing your lover back to you. If you still have questions after reading through these pages, you can ask it here.

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

bchcnyn16

Unread post by bchcnyn16 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:29 pm

Thought I'd give an update as I conclude one full week with my first honey jar. The candles I started with left tons of wax, and I prefer having a clean jar to work with, shake, pray to, etc. So on Wednesday I cleared off the wax and buried it in my front yard. Since then I've been using tea lights, dressing the candles and wicks and inscribing my petition on the sides before putting them back in the containers. Next week I will dial back to burning on M-W-F.

If I don't see movement after the third week I plan to set the jar aside and let it work on its own without putting so much focus on it. Maybe I'll burn a candle once a month under a waxing moon. If there's no clear indication of real progress after three months I will respectfully dispose of it. That timeframe works well because my target is out of the country for the summer and I won't have a chance to see her until September at the earliest.

As far as signs, on the third day there was a nice heart in the leftover wax (didn't notice it until the next day). Just now, another sign: a butterfly came and landed on my window, stayed there a good five minutes or so, opening and closing its wings, before flying away. That's never happened before in the five years I've lived here. My target has only one small tattoo, a butterfly on her lower back.

I'm really embracing this as spiritual work for myself as much as trying to achieve my intended result. For months, I'd been wallowing in so many negative emotions regarding my target--jealousy, sadness, anger, insecurity, etc. The sweetening effect of the jar, which contains both our hairs, helps me to let go of that negativity and feel more relaxed and calm. I've had a few bad moments this past week but I'm vigilant about bringing myself back to a better place and remembering that the jar is charged with love. I know everything will work out just as it should, and I'll happily accept whatever outcome manifests from the spell.

taciturnxlove

Unread post by taciturnxlove » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

After lurking and purchasing readings and work performed by some of the workers on AIRR for months, I've finally decided to join the forum. I am new to conjure, and am looking forward to embarking on the journey. I will be completing my first honey jar tonight, but I have a few questions.

1) I want to be as accurate as possible. I wasn't able to collect all the necessary ingredients, but this is what I used inside the jar:

Strands of My Hair (Can't find the strands I took from the target)
Picture of Target
A Lip Balm given to me by Target
Come to Me Oil
Rose Petals
Spikenard Herb
Honey
Red Merlot Wine
Red Petition Paper
Large Pink Candle

I inscribed the candle with his and my name, along with birthdates and a short intention.

2) I want to keep the work as inconspicuous as possible. How should the candle be burned -- should I burn the candle gradually, all at once (overnight), or certain times of the week? What would be the most effective?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:59 pm

Hello, taciturnxlove --

I am so glad you have stepped out of lurker mode and are posting, but you may not like what i have to say here. Sorry in advance,

1) Some of those ingredients make so sense to me.

Your hair without his is useless if the honey jar is to sweeten him. You want his stuff.

Then, you put a LIP BALM (like a tube of lip balm or a tin of lip balm (???!!!)) in the HONEY? Why? Why? Why? You should USE IT. He GAVE IT TO YOU. Now it is useless. Why would you try to sweeten a lip balm/ My head is reeling. What if he had given you a velvet shawl? Would you have put the velvet shawl in the honey? What if he had given you a kitten? Would you have ... no, i don't even want to think about that. Much less a baby? Oy.

After that things look better until the Red Merlot Wine. Huh? I mean ... why? That has nothing to do with sweetening. It just makes people drunk.

Lip Balm and Red Merlot Wine together is gruesome.

I can't handle this. I really cannot.

Where did you get these ideas? This sounds like internet crazy to me. It is not hoodoo. My husband called it "peculiar," but he is much sweeter than he. I have his hairs in a love packet in a honey jar, after all.

2) Most folks use small candles on sugar or honey jars and burn them through (an hour or two for each one), three days a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. They can be birthday candles, 4" candles, Channukah candles -- something along the nature of that size. If the work is ongoing, you can cut back to once a week. As for what is most "effective," that is just not how magic works. Are you praying? Do you have sex with him? Is he single? Are you located in the same city? THOSE are the questions that go toward the answer of "how effective."

Best of luck to you, and sorry again for freaking out over Lip Balm and Red Merlot Wine in a honey jar.

I think if you read the web page i wrote as part of my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice," you will gain a lot more understanding about these spells. It is here:

http://luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

Also, for the definitive and complete knowledge on sweet spells, please do check out the book "Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells" by my good friend and colleague Deacon Millett. You can read the entire Table of Contents for the book here:

http://luckymojo.com/hoodoohoneyandsugarspells.html

Order the book here:

BOO-GRI-HHSS
Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells: by Deacon Millett
$9.00

Click the blue Add To Cart button to order right here in the forum.

You really ought to pick it up. It costs $9.00. Save yourself a bottle of Merlot and buy the book instead.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Hailey09

Unread post by Hailey09 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:57 pm

I am having a hard time letting go of my baby food size honey jar that I've made for my beloved.

I've had mine assembled for almost a month. It's kept our conversations productive even when I fear they may not be. I started on a schedule of burning candles Monday, Wednesday, Friday, but because I work from home, sometimes I find myself burning a candle throughout any day especially if I want to make contactwith him. I guess I'm not ready to let go of the honey jar bc it's given me comfort during this fragile time.

I have a few nice size flower bed gardens in my front yard so I have plenty of room amongst the skulls and underwear that reside there already.

Are honey jars used for a certain length of time and then deployed?

Must I visually depart from my little powerful jar of conjure or can I continue to burn candles on it whenever I feel moved to?

Thank you for your input

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am

Hailey09

I have one on my altar that has been there for ... mmm ... 16 years. I no longer burn candles on it. It is a piece of altar ware now. We are happily married.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Hailey09

Unread post by Hailey09 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:39 am

That's comforting to know, I'll keep this honey jar as long as I want to. Perfect!

Merav

Unread post by Merav » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:29 am

Hello. I just started a honey jar for a relationship a week ago. I burn pink, red and blue candles Mon-Weds-Fri, and if I'm "feeling it" I burn a white one on other days. Last night I burned a 4 inch shabbos candle, and it burned down to the metal lid of the jar. The wick was just sitting in a circle in the middle of some wax with apparently very little wax left, but it kept burning for about 20 minutes in this condition till it went out on its own. Does this mean anything?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:32 pm

Hello, Merav,

This sounds to me that it was a VERY successful burn

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Merav

Unread post by Merav » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:11 am

Thank you, Miss Aida.

Merav

Unread post by Merav » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:59 pm

Hello. I noticed that at least one packet has come open and the items inside are now outside. What should I do, if anything?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:33 pm

Hello, Merav,

That's nothing to worry about.

Just continue your work

Wishing you Great success!!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Merav

Unread post by Merav » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:33 pm

Thanks again, Miss Aida!

So far so good with this spell. My friend is definitely sweet on me, but still just a friend (I want more). I've heard that patience is a virtue...

perez228

Unread post by perez228 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:50 pm

I have to share this - a couple of days ago I made a honey jar to bring peace and love to my family. My son is getting engaged to a girl that my husband isn't too fond of and I wanted to work this honey jar to try to reunite my family and help bring peace and tranquility. I used several different herbs and dressed a white votive candle with tranquility oil. I also lit a Virgin Mary candle as my helper candle. This morning I went to replace the votive candle with another and noticed that the wax from the first one had formed itself into the image of the Virgin Mary - I was so excited I had to take a picture of it. It's unmistakable. I know that she's helping me with my request. Thank you Virgin Mary for answering my petition.

sadiebeth

Unread post by sadiebeth » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:34 pm

Hi everyone,
I've never done a honey jar before, so I have some questions, I tried to sift through the forum for answers, but there's a lot of information in here. From what I've read people have been pretty successful with them...hoping to have the same results. I've been seeing this guy who I really like for a few weeks now. Two nights ago he sent me a message that said he thought we had a good connection, we had fun, and a lot in common, but he didn't feel "the spark" (which seemed foolish to me because, in my experience, the spark isn't always immediate, it comes with getting to know someone better, which I was trying to do). Anyway, we do have a great connection and I'd like to potentially sweeten him to spending a bit more time with me and hopefully seeing if "the spark" takes hold. Would this be an appropriate approach? I have pictures and am hoping that, since I haven't done laundry since I last slept with him, I can salvage something from the clothing/underwear I wore when we were last together. Would that suffice? Additionally, is honey, sugar, or some other sweetener most appropriate and what else should I add to the mix?
Thanks you!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:56 pm

perez228 !!!

HOLY COW!!!

Congrats!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:58 pm

Hello, sadiebeth,

Yes, of course this is the right step. And yes you have the personal concerns.

Here's a webpage that Miss cat wrote that will give you more clarity on the matter: www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

I personally prefer honey jars (but that is just my personal preference)

Wishing you the very best

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

cassiopaeia

Unread post by cassiopaeia » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:16 pm

sadiebeth -

I once made a honey jar in similar circumstances, and for the personal concerns I scraped a length of pink thread over the underwear I'd worn the last time we'd been together and then tied that thread in a bow. So it was both of our sexual fluids tied together. Worked beautifully. :)
Thank you Saint Anthony
Thank you Saint Martha
Thank you Saint Jude

sadiebeth

Unread post by sadiebeth » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:05 pm

Oh that's a great idea, thank you! I also think I found a few of his hairs on my shirt (at least I think they're his--we have the same color but his are much shorter than mine, so they're either his or they're ones of mine that broke at a very precisely equal short length...I think his though as mine tend to be coarser because they're naturally curly and his are very silky straight) anyway I was planning on using those as well. I guess if it turns out they're mine I'll just be extra sweet on myself ;)

On a related topic, but different situation, in the last year I've moved to a new city and am finding it somewhat difficult to make new friends, would creating an "all purpose," so-to-speak, honey jar to attract new friendships be an option, and if so what would I want to include in that?
Again, thanks so much!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:16 am

Hello, sadiebeth ,

I put myself in a sugar jar for fast results. Then, I do shake it occasionally.

master oil is also good for attracting friends (as well as attraction oil)

www.luckymojo.com/atraction.html

www.luckymojo.com/master.html

Wishing you the best in the new city (sounds exciting!)

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

tin_hound
Newly Registered

Unread post by tin_hound » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:55 am

Hello. I would greatly appreciate some help!

I used to be close with a female friend until she sort of exploded at me/began acting strangely some months ago (she was under a ton of stress and there were likely misunderstandings at play), and now something in the relationship between us feels "off." I've been distraught because I'm leaving town in a few weeks to pursue graduate school thousands of miles away, and I don't want to leave on these terms. She means a lot to me. She and her husband are currently travelling, but I really would love for us to continue our friendship, for her to contact me and forgive me.

Would the Reconciliation and Return, Heal Emotional Distance honey jar kit work for a platonic purpose such as this? I currently have a homemade jar going for us, but I've had small doubts about it which I assume has rendered it useless. So, I was considering starting anew and perhaps buying from this site.

Also, for an all-purpose type jar for myself, would I simply write my name 3x on the petition paper and then circle that with the spell?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:56 pm

Hello, tin_hound,

You are absolutely correct on everything.

Unfortunately, people tend to think that certain products or spells only pertain to romantic matters. They pertain to more matters than just love and romance.

In fact, I had just recommended Stay With Me to get someone's child to stay near them.

Thank you for bringing this to the forum family members attention

You take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

sadiebeth

Unread post by sadiebeth » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:02 am

So excited, started my honey jar tonight and I have a good feeling about it! I have a candle burning on it now which I anointed and said a little prayer over, should I be watching it the entire time or is it okay to just have it sitting nearby while I do something else (like I am now)? I don't have an altar, it's currently sitting on my windowsill surrounded by my windowsill garden with the window open so the sweet vibes can spread :D Is this alright?
Appreciate all the support on this forum, I'll definitely update with how things are going!

tin_hound
Newly Registered

Unread post by tin_hound » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:45 am

Thank you so much for your response, Miss Aida. I presumed as much, but I still have a lot to learn.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Hello, sadiebeth,

I love your excitement and good feelings!!!

YES!!!!

Anyway, no, you don't have to sit with the candle the entire time for spiritual purposes

However, keep an eye just to insure that there are no fires

Safety first!!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

TomPlk

Unread post by TomPlk » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:24 am

Hi, I'm sorry if this question has been asked already, but I have one question about a sugar jar I'm planning on making.

When I read about making honey/sugar jars, there is always the petition paper. What if you have the persons name written in their own handwriting? Can you just skip the petition paper and use that instead? Or do you still make the petition paper and chuck the handwriting in with it?

Thanks.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:14 pm

Hello, TomPlk ,

You would still add the petition paper.

I don't know what: "Chuck" means. But, you would also add that as a personal concern

Wishing you great success

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

TomPlk

Unread post by TomPlk » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:29 am

Hi Miss Aida, thanks for the reply, that clears thing up for me.

"Chuck" is just another word for throw. Like "toss", it's just a more casual way of saying it.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:22 pm

TomPlk!

Good to know!

I am an old woman and I love learning new lingo!
HRCC Graduate #1631

wiggymoo12

Unread post by wiggymoo12 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:00 pm

Hi everyone,
I am about to start my 1st honey jar for this guy who used to work with me, we hooked up once. I do have his semen, his photo, his hand writing. We used to flirt a lot at work, there was definitely some kind of chemistry, but he just left work couple of days ago to travel for a month and will be back in the country but not to work. how do I, incorporate all these personal concerns in the honey jar??

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi wiggymoo12,

You can use his photo as your petition - write across his face what it is you want him to think about you (such as "wiggymoo12 is my perfect partner"). If you know his birthdate and full name, write it on the back of his photo. Take your photo (with your full name and birthdate on the back) and put a bit of honey on your face and top it off some of his semen as a personal concern for him (I presume it's dried on a tissue or paper towel). Add some of your vaginal juices or menstrual blood as your personal concern and "sandwich" that mix between your two photos, with your faces facing each other.

Add some love herbs to the jar - Lucky Mojo sells a pre-made mix of the best herbs for love:
http://herb-magic.com/love-herbs-mixture.html

Save the rest of his personal concerns for another spell as you may need them.

Work your jar every day for a week (burn red candles on it) to get it started and then every Friday for as long as you wish. They're slow to start but can be very powerful.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

wiggymoo12

Unread post by wiggymoo12 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:28 pm

Thank you Miss Athena for your response, his personal concern is on a towel, guess i can just pull some strings from the area where his personal concern is and add mine on a red thread. Will that work???

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:39 pm

Hello wiggymoo12,

You could also cut out a small piece of the towel where his personal concern is. I think that would work fine to add yours on a red thread. You could even tie that thread around the piece of towel.

Good luck!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Lonestar_76

Unread post by Lonestar_76 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:52 am

Hi,
I read Lilith Moon's post about collecting bits of wax from the honey jar and burying them. I had a question on this - I have been burning candles on my honey jar and they have melted down and stuck to the lid. Most of the wax. So I was wondering if I was supposed to pay the wax off the lid, and bury as if I was doing just a candle burning, or can I leave it on the honey jar? I read different things, so unsure. Btw, I have found some good results from burning red candles on the jar with come to me oil. I'd been doing this with just the candle and oil, but since I combined it with the honey jar, I've noticed really good things happening. Not necessarily super fast,but I know honey jars aren't supposed to work that way, but steady and consistent. And deep. Which personally I think is right in my situation, to build a solid foundation for the relationship.

Lilith Moon

Unread post by Lilith Moon » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:58 am

Do what feels right to you.

I tend to wait until there's a fair bit of wax accumulation before burying it, but sometimes I'll plan on burying it once the next candle has finished and then it melts and burns up the accumulation and I end up with a nice clean lid again. :D

As for the latter part of your post...have you not been burning candles on the honey jar prior to using the red ones with come to me oil?

Or have I misread what you mean?
Thank you St. Martha, St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael for your help and blessings.

Lonestar_76

Unread post by Lonestar_76 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:10 pm

Thanks for the advice Lilith Moon!
I love your name btw! :-) I should have explained myself better :-). I meant to say that I'd only just recently started a honey jar, and had burned a couple of red candles before I had made the jar, with come to me oil. I'd had some movement but I really noticed more results when I started a honey jar and combined the two. :-) My situation is someone I met through work, and there is an attraction there but readings have said he is v focused on career right now and also had a bad past relationship. He needs time to come forward and trust. This is why I think the honey jar is great as I've been told it will develop but just take some time. I love working with it, and also found St Marta to be wonderful to call on when working with it.

Lilith Moon

Unread post by Lilith Moon » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:31 pm

Congratulations on the work you are doing. :D

As for St Martha, yes I agree, she is completely wonderful!

cassiopaeia

Unread post by cassiopaeia » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:57 am

Lonestar - just throwing in from a different perspective, I like to leave the wax on my jar. Often, like Lilith Moon said, a candle will burn off the accumulation but up to that point I like to see how much buildup there is. It gives me an idea of the work that's left to do, how big/strong the obstacles, that sort of thing, and then it's soooooo satisfying when it finally breaks through and bonfires everything off. :) And the wax that stays on the sides of the jar has always felt to me like it keeps the energy going. But Lilith Moon and I have already established that we have different styles, and I think that's one of the lovely things about this forum - every practitioner has their own way of working, we honor the traditions but we find our own methods within that. I've always been kind of a process nerd so I love hearing how other people do things. :)
Thank you Saint Anthony
Thank you Saint Martha
Thank you Saint Jude

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi Lonestar_76,

As you have seen, there can be different approaches to handling leftover wax. Personally, I like to leave it on top of the jar and burn more candles over it, as cassiopaeia said, to see what the new burn will do to old wax. It gives me an indication of how my subsequent spells are working and whether there may be more work to do. The only time I scrape off old wax is if it has built up to the point where it cannot support another candle.

But in the end, do what feels right to you.

Good luck.

caligirl00

Unread post by caligirl00 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:50 am

Hi everyone, I have been reading a lot about honey jars and I feel like I can do one. The way things are going for me in my relationship I can use some sweetening up. I get most of it but then I read the part that I need roots and/or herbs but it does not tell me what kind I need. My boyfriend and I have been fighting so much and it just doesn't seem like he appreciates me, we have so much tension towards each other and I feel like this honey jar could help us out. Can someone please give me detailed instructions on how to go forward with a honey jar and what I need. Thank you so much in advance.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:26 pm

Hello, caligirl00 ,

There are over 90 pages on this thread.

Please read through them

After reading, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask us.

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

caligirl00

Unread post by caligirl00 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:10 am

I have been wanting to start a honey jar for my boyfriend and have read about it, I keep coming across that I need herbs and/or roots but I am unsure of which ones I need. My boyfriend has not been the nicest to me for some time now and I feel like this honey jar can help out. Please if someone can explain to me in detail what it is that I need so I can start this asap. Thank you.

Reason: See admin

Tribaby789

Unread post by Tribaby789 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:41 pm

I started a honey jar today for my daughter and her 2 friends and I would like to know if I did it right. I was told to put my daughter name and DOB on a popsicle stick then write her friends name and DOB on slips of paper and wrap them around the popsicle stick and tie them with red ribbon, put it in a honey jar with a clove for each of them with lodestone and magnetic sand. Well I didn't have a popsicle stick so I broke off the handle of a plastic knife and used it in place of the popsicle stick, I added 2magnets on either side of the popsicle sticks with the names. I tied it with red ribbon and put it in the honey jar. I added a clove for each of them.
I didn't have any personal concerns so I took a picture of each girl and wrote their name and DOB 3x then crossed it with my daughters and wrote bff, always together, best friends forever in a circle around them. On backlog my daughter's pic I wrote her name and DOB and crossed it with everyone loves her, popularity. The next part I did because I felt it. I put honey one the other 2 girls pic and lodestone oil (don't have lodestone) I had 2pics of my daughter and I put one on top of each girls and folded toward me until I couldn't anymore while repeating the petition and visualize it, and then put the 2packets in the honey jar. On top, of the jar I burnt a pink candle inscribed with their names and bff, dressed with love me, attraction and look me over. How does this sound?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:08 pm

Hello, tribaby789 ,

You may want to ask the person who told you how to do this.

Personally, I question the plastic. The ink will probably come off right away.

I would not have used a red ribbon either.

So, like I had said, check with the person who told you to do this

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Tribaby789

Unread post by Tribaby789 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:42 am

Thank you Miss Aida. I will probably start the jar over an do it the I see on this forum.

Lilith Moon

Unread post by Lilith Moon » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:25 am

Tribaby, ask yourself if you would set out to make beef stew with potatoes and end up using chicken and pasta instead because you didn't bother to go to the store and purchase the right ingredients....would you then ask people if it will still taste the same as beef stew and potatoes?

Your jar wasn't done the way you were told, and you left out vital ingredients...so yes, you are probably correct in needing to start it again.

Quills

Unread post by Quills » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi everyone, I'm about to start a honey jar to sweeten my lover back to me after we had a falling out and he drifted away. For personal concerns I have his full name and date of birth as well as pictures of us together. I have a plastic cup that he drank out of which has his fingerprints and saliva on it and I was thinking about setting that inside a large glass jar, then adding my petition, herbs, and honey. If the drinking cup were glass, I'd simply burn a candle on that, but alas, it's plastic. For previous honey jars I've always used small baby food jars, but with this plastic cup and his personal concerns on it, thought I should use something larger to contain it. My question is,1) Will the honey need to go all the way up to the rim of the larger jar I will use, as it will use a considerable amount? Also,2) everything that goes into the honey jar needs to be edible, correct? I had read that Balm of Gilead is for topical use only and can cause severe stomach upset, but planned to put it in the honey jar for the reconciliation element. Appreciate your input and tips. Thank you.

Darkcherry

Unread post by Darkcherry » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi all,
I did a honey jar for 3 family members. I did include the petition paper and all, the problem is that now the honey is not covering the petition entirely. Also I now have pictures of them. Should I reopen the jar and add the pics and more honey? Is it better to add pictures of them on their own or together? If so should I also add their birthdays on the back of the pics as well as their full names? Thank you!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:55 pm

Hello, Quills,

I like to cover everything in the jar. So, yes, do that

Also, if you use the Balm of Gilead, just don't eat (or feed) the honey. It's not absolutely necessary to eat the honey.

Wishing you the very best

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Hello, Darkcherry,

The honey jar (and other sweetening jars) are the only ones that are allowed to be opened to add things.

You can add more honey if you would like.

You can do either with the pictures. And, yes, their names and birthdates give you a stronger link

Wishing you the best

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Darkcherry

Unread post by Darkcherry » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Thank you Miss Aida! I know this is not the vinegar jar post but by what you just said I'm understanding that s vinegar jar should not be opened?
Thank you again!

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”