• Advertisement
Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:19 am

Pyrite Chunks and Grit Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Pyrite Chunks and Grit Questions and Answers

Unread postby snake » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:07 pm

Do you need to feed and cleanse and handle a piece of pyrite in the same way that you would a lodestone? I just picked up a piece today and I'm really excited to start working with it.
snake

Re: Working with Pyrite?

Unread postby Lukianos » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:39 pm

Pyrite behaves differently than a lodestone, as it does not have the characteristic "aliveness" of magnetism, and does not actively draw things to it. Rather, pyrite is a sympathetic, like-attracts-like curio, commonly used in money and attention-drawing work because it is golden (money) and shiny (attention). As such, it is somewhat more specialized in application than are lodestones. Pyrite can be deployed in many ways: it is often used to dress candles (very small pieces), as a mojo hand ingredient (medium-sized pieces), or as a stand-alone altar piece (big pieces). Finally, while one might wash a piece of pyrite in Florida water or cologne to cleanse it or otherwise augment its characteristics, it is generally not fed on a regular basis like a lodestone would be (ie, no magnetic sand, no drinks of whiskey).
Good luck!
Lukianos

Unread postby snake » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:53 pm

ELKnapp

Thank you! When you say to augment its characteristics do you mean to make it more powerful?
snake

Unread postby Lukianos » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:20 pm

snake

Yes, by physically cleaning off any dust that has accumulated, and through the complementary characteristics that Florida Water has--it uplifts the atmosphere, it smells good, and the citrus and cinnamon notes are very much in line with with pyrite's common uses: money and attention.

Good luck!
Lukianos

Unread postby tisha » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:37 am

it is a happy and wealth granting stone.
i really like it too.
i got some pyrite beads in last month and am just waiting for them to tell me what they want to be.
namaste.
tisha

Breakup up a stone for multiple uses?

Unread postby flamethrower » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:42 pm

I have a nice chunk of Pyrite that I consider too heavy for a mojo bag. I haven't tried it (might be difficult), but any thoughts about breaking the chunk into small stones for different money spells?
flamethrower

Re: Breakup up a stone for multiple uses?

Unread postby Turnsteel » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:45 pm

Thats fine, how do you think we get lodestone girt or pyrite gravel ;) I imagine its probably someone's job at the shop to take a big old hammer to them,lol. So go for it, but be careful, wear eye protection.
Turnsteel

Can I use pyrite to draw love?

Unread postby luckyboy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:35 pm

it says pyrite is good for attention on this site, I know it's normally used for money drawing but what about in love could pyrite be added to a love oil blend? thanks for answering all my questions especially devi you have been very helpful.
luckyboy

Re: pyrite love

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:51 pm

I would add lodestones to love drawing oils. But why add it, purchase the Lucky Mojo's Love Me Oil (http://www.luckymojo.com/loveme.html)
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Can I use pyrite to draw love?

Unread postby MissMichaele » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:10 pm

Pyrite has an appearance similar to gold, which has been used both as treasure and as currency for centuries all over the world. Although, in nature, it is often found in the same deposits as magnetite (lodestone), pyrite is used for prosperity work, not for love work, because of its appearance.

But it is also shiny and glittery, just like a good romance, so I understand the impulse; I've felt it myself.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Bri » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:33 am

The only thing I would add to this is that if you want to draw a lover with lots of money and abundance to shower upon you--then adding in some pyrite along with your lodestone is not a bad idea!
Blessings,
bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby luckyboy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:41 am

MissMichaele

hahaha yes! that's exactly how I feel michaele it's so pretty and romantic I want to add it. I already have a lover I guess I titled my post badly. really I am just increasing our energy because it was a friendship first. miss bri, do you think if I add the pyrite that it could encourage him to do a little spoiling? lol. you guys are great!
luckyboy

Unread postby Miss Bri » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:17 am

Pyrite won't hurt but Cleo May is all about being spoiled :-)
http://www.luckymojo.com/products-cleo-may.html
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

What to do with the Pyrite bits

Unread postby gylesgyles » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:13 am

Hello Forum

My Attraction & Van Van oil have finished and I've got the little Pyrite bits left over.

Question....Can re-use them together to put in a mojo bag/candle and do I cleanse them the usual way....whiskey, smoking,Florida water?

Are there also any other tips how to use them to keep my drawing rituals going.

Much Appreciated, thanks
gylesgyles

Unread postby Devi Spring » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Yes, you may re-use them. If the mojo that you want to use them in is for the same purpose as the oil in which it was stored, I wouldn't cleanse them as they've been "marinating" in a powerful oil appropriate to your needs! You may want to wipe them down, and of course, pray your specific petition over them of course as you add them to the work.

If you do need to cleanse them, then yes, the regular ways are sufficient.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:25 pm

gylesgyles: You can, in addition to the uses you and Devi spoke about, place the pyrite pebbles from an older jar into a newer jar of oil. This turns over the power of the pyrite from one jar to another and looks really cool when you have transferred your third or fourth pyrites "collections."
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:35 pm

I transfer mine to candles and wish boxes.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Pyrite Chunks and Grit Questions and Answers

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:18 pm

MIN-PYR-CHUN
Pyrite, Chunk
$4.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

MIN-PYR-GRIT
Pyrite, Grit
$4.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

The chunks are way too large in a mojo hand, so if you intend to use it that way, you should purchase the grit. If you want to fix and dress an oil lamp, the chunk size is generall good for that. We also sell HUGE specimen-size pieces by weight, for use on altars. Call the shop to get an on-the-spot list of what we have and the cost per piece.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby littlestevie » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:54 pm

How large are the pyrite chunks sold here compared to LMCC's small lodestones?

I recently found a beautiful little vintage porcelain cat holding up one paw in greeting like a more gracious beckoning cat, very delicate and pretty. She's perfect to sit on a prosperity altar, and as she's actually a tiny creamer her head can be removed. I thought I might fill her with a few appropriate herbs and a lodestone, but the lodestones I've found are all too large. I have one I ordered from LMCC, noted as a small lodestone but it's still too big. I tried to break it with a hammer with no luck. If a LMCC pyrite chunks is smaller that seems preferable as it won't need to be fed grit, and will be easier to remove and clean when needed.
Thank you St. Martha for everything you've done on my behalf.
Thank you St. Expedite for your help.
littlestevie

Unread postby MissMichaele » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:47 pm

littlestevie wrote:How large are the pyrite chunks sold here compared to LMCC's small lodestones?

As I remember, they're about the same size -- thumbnail size.

I recently found a beautiful little vintage porcelain cat holding up one paw in greeting like a more gracious beckoning cat, very delicate and pretty. She's perfect to sit on a prosperity altar, and as she's actually a tiny creamer her head can be removed. I thought I might fill her with a few appropriate herbs and a lodestone,

That sounds like a delightful container spell :)

but the lodestones I've found are all too large. I have one I ordered from LMCC, noted as a small lodestone but it's still too big. I tried to break it with a hammer with no luck.

I must confess, when I read about you taking a hammer to your lodestone, I cringed. I'm glad it didn't work. But small lodestones must come from somewhere, I suppose!

If a LMCC pyrite chunks is smaller that seems preferable as it won't need to be fed grit,

1. Get pyrite gravel or grit to go inside your money-grabbing kitty. The pieces of pyrite gravel are about little-fingernail-size.
2. Lodestone pieces of the same size are called "lodestone grit." They're much bigger than what we commonly think of as "grit" :)
What you're calling "lodestone grit" is sold as "magnetic sand" -- iron filings.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele

and will be easier to remove and clean when needed.[/quote]
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby littlestevie » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:14 pm

Thanks MissMichaele!

I admit I did have some reservations about doing this:

but the lodestones I've found are all too large. I have one I ordered from LMCC, noted as a small lodestone but it's still too big. I tried to break it with a hammer with no luck.

but the owner of a local shop recommended I do it when he didn't have any smaller lodestones either. Of course he wanted me to purchase a much more expensive piece of magnetite so I can't blame him I suppose, but I really didn't want to break my lodestone and was afraid to bang away at it too much without protective eyewear LOL. Anyway, the pyrite gravel sounds like what I need so I'll add it to my shopping list!
Thank you St. Martha for everything you've done on my behalf.
Thank you St. Expedite for your help.
littlestevie

Unread postby magicmurphy » Wed May 07, 2014 6:44 pm

Hi All --

Not sure where to post this; move as needed where it's appropriate, thanks!

A question: I came across a stone that is a blend of Pyrite and Magnetite (lodestone) that the owner was calling "Healer's Gold".

I know each mineral separately has traditional use in Hoodoo; is there anything in the tradition about using this combined mineral?

Curious about curios. Thanks if you can help!

Doc Murphy
St. Paul, MN
magicmurphy

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed May 07, 2014 10:38 pm

These are varieties of iron ore. The Healer's Gold is rare enough that no particular legends or lore have grown up around it. It is VERY COOL STUFF though, and we have carried it in our shop on occasion.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby magicmurphy » Thu May 08, 2014 11:36 am

Thanks for the information, ms. cat. :)

Doc Murphy
St. Paul, MN
magicmurphy

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Pyrite/Magnetite combo could do some mighty powerful work. I'd love to have some fashioned into a ring or pendant to wear. Very cool information, magicmurphy, thank you for sharing that!
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby magicmurphy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:58 pm

Hi Joseph!

Oh, happy to! And I did manage to get a healer's gold pendant when it came into our shop!

Its' awfully cool -- not sure what it wants to be used for yet, so it sits on may altar draped around a statue of the Blessed Virgin for now. I'll let you know what it may do.. :)

.... oh, waitaminnit!!! I just thought of something!! :o ... I'll keep you posted...

Doc Murphy
St. Paul, MN
magicmurphy

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:28 pm

Sweet! Glad the Spirit of Inspiration struck! Let us know what you decide to do with it. :)
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby magicmurphy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:32 am

Hi again Joseph and All -

OK OK OK so... my big magical working is to bust the pattern of love good, money gone; money good, love gone (teeter totter buster). I'm going to be working some block busting and a lamp courtesy of the god Prof Porterfield's prescription on the LMCC show.

Healer's gold is a combination of pyrite and lodestone.

Pyrite: draws money; Lodestone; attracts, in my case, love. Right?

So I can make it an amulet by dressing it with Attraction Oil (or something else, I'm up for suggestions), give it a good incensing, and wear it. When I'm not wearing it (like when I'm sleeping), it'll hang out with the lamp...

What do you think?

Best,
Doc Murphy
St. Paul, MN
magicmurphy

Unread postby MissMichaele » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:26 am

magicmurphy

Simple and elegant. Attraction Oil is a good choice, too. I know there are pyrite crystals in there, I've seen them. And the label tells you it's good for love work, too.

You might want to use Lodestone products as well.

http://www.luckymojo.com/products-lodestone.html

Best of luck,

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby magicmurphy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:36 pm

Ooh, I like the Lodestone Oil suggestion, too. Thanks for that, Miss Michaele.

And thanks for the feedback. It helps a lot. :)

Best,

Doc Murphy
St. Paul. MN
magicmurphy

PostThis post was deleted by Miss Aida on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:05 pm.
Reason: See admin

Unread postby Godisgood-191 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:22 pm

Hello Everyone: I was just wondering can you add a pyrite chunk to a money honey jar. I prepared it with honey, sugar, cinnamon a very small lodestone with magnetic sand a pyrite chuck and my petition paper staying for my life to be sweeten with financial success not out of greed, but out of necessity. I should have asked before I prepared did, but if adding the pyrite chuck was wrong I will re-do. Let me just say it seems to be working.
Godisgood-191

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Hello, Godisgood-191,

If it's working, then stay with it!!!

Don't worry!

take care
Miss Aida

Unread postby Miss Aida » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:01 pm

I LOVE the beauty of Pyrite.

And the power Pyrite has to attract money is an added bonus!

MIN-PYR-CHUN
Pyrite, Chunk
$4.50

MIN-PYR-GRIT
Pyrite, Grit
$4.50

Miss Aida

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork