Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Herb and Root Magic Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
Papa Newt
Forum Moderator
Re: General Herb and Root Magic Questions and Answers

Unread post by Papa Newt » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:00 pm

Hi Slava,

Personally any Herbs and Roots I get I will always welcome the spirit of that plant. I'll get my hands into the herb to get familiar with it, speak with it, and thank the herb for the help it will provide. This is just a little something extra I had picked up over the years of working in a metaphysical shop.

I would also invite you to check out two episodes of the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour where a pannel discussion on Plant Spirits and Allies was presented. It was such a wonderful topic that the guest did a part 2 on the topic. I provided the links for the show below where you can learn more.

Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour: Plant Spirits 2/15/15
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour: Plant Allies 3/29/15
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:48 pm

Slava, you do not need to "charge" the herb or "bless" it -- you neet to do like Aida and Papa Newt said, thank it, connect with it. The radio shows that Papa Newt pointed to will open your thinking on this subject, i believe.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Slava

Unread post by Slava » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:06 pm

wow; thanks so much dear catherine yronwode and Papa Newt ; that answers everything ; and i'll read the links ; 1 day i will take the course if catherine yronwode is still available ; feeling very blessed now with all your help; sorry, english is not my first language;
Blessed Be!

mizjoannlee

Unread post by mizjoannlee » Fri May 01, 2015 7:29 am

I love the Lucky Mojo herbs and curios. They are already blessed, I suppose some while they are being grown, and have a sense of being "alive" and cooperative. They are much better than herbs bought elsewhere.

Miz JoAnn Lee
#1730G
Miss JoAnn Lee
#1730G

Oceanas Moon

Unread post by Oceanas Moon » Sat May 02, 2015 4:56 pm

Just a general question... I have an ant hill springing up in my yard. I would like to harvest the energy, but unsure what to use it for. I was thinking for steady work, or building something, or teamwork spells. I know that red ants are used for cursing, hexing, insanity, hot footing, etc. I have used hives, and paper wasp nests and have a jar of red ant hill dust with dead ants, but unsure about the everyday ant hill. They are not red ants just the common everyday variety. And I just want the dirt, not the ants. Any thoughts?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun May 03, 2015 11:16 pm

Hello, Oceanas Moon ,

I agree: teamwork and building.

It would be interesting to see how this manifest: would the behaviors be the same as the ants? More male input? Woman becomes the Queen?

I just hope that you don't disrupt the ant colony...

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Twyla

Unread post by Twyla » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:38 pm

Hello!

Are there certain numbers of herbs that should be followed when creating your own blends? For example, there is the 9 herb love mixture and 13 herb bath that is sold by LM, and I was listening to one of the radio shows where Conjureman Ali was giving instructions on a mojo hand and said they could add up to 21 herbs (it was for road opening/getting a job). Does one need to stick to certain amounts of different herbs for each purpose or are there general amounts to follow? Such as 9 for love, 13 for cleansing, 7 for luck or gambling, etc.

Thank you!

cleanwaters
Newly Registered

Unread post by cleanwaters » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:45 pm

Has anyone ever used marijuana as a tool to help garner more focus on intent during spell work? I am working on love and reconciliation work in addition to break up work and I am trying to make sure I am as focused as possible considering my emotions are everywhere. I don't smoke marijuana regularly but it does help me focus on one thought and I figured it may be helpful in my effort. If anyone has any insight or advice please let me know

Reason: Sent client a PM

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:37 pm

Hello, Twyla,

Traditionalists stick to the manner of putting a certain amount of herbs (according to what it is for) that correlate with the number associated with that spell work (as you had already mentioned). And others don't. I myself prefer to do so.

With mojo hands, that's a different story. Usually, a love mojo might contain 7 items. An herb could be counted as one item or a mixture of herbs could count as one item. It depends on the rootworker's choice.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Polarbear

Unread post by Polarbear » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:28 am

May I know what is an average herbs self life? Or is there any self live for herbs?

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:21 am

Hi Polarbear,

It really comes down to how the herbs are stored. It is usually recommended to storing herbs in an air tight container, and store in a cool dark cupboard. I have had herbs last me two years or so.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

brit

Unread post by brit » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:39 am

Hey guys.
So, I've ordered the book, and waiting for it to arrive. Look forward to reading it.
But I have a question I think it probably won't answer.
I live over in the UK, where we have different native plants. I would like to use those plants that are native to the uk, perhaps identifying them using the doctrine of signatures? Or using them according to their traditional pre-neopagan usages?
I know that practicing in this way would not be traditional hoodo, and I'm not really trying to do fusion or eclectic here, but surely the plants of the american continent are not more magical than any others, just that the african-american culture never made it across the pond to identify them right?
Let me know what you think.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Hello, brit ,

Welcome to the forum

I think I understand your question

If you are asking about similar herbs, without the same botanical name, then it won't do the same thing that Hoodoo prescribes.

But yes, go to the Doctrine of Signatures. That is your best bet.

If you're practicing something other than Hoodoo, I don't recommend using different herbs for a Hoodoo spells other than a Hoodoo Prescription.

For instance, I also practice other forms of Spirituality. I don't incorporate a Santeria herb in a Hoodoo spell. And visa-versa. The same with a Wiccan spell or a Palo spell. I stick to the prescription of that practice.

Remember, sometime, the herbs have a different purpose in other Spiritual practices.

Wishing you the very best

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Lala+

Unread post by Lala+ » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:38 pm

I've purchased the 13 herb bath. But I will be using it for 5 days and then 5 days again the following month. How would I store the herbs after opening them so they would remain fresh? Thanks

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:59 pm

Hello, Lala+,

Your answer is on this thread: in an airtight plastic bag.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Lex009

Unread post by Lex009 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Theres an interesting mushroom i saw called cruel man of the woods/ old man of the woods are they two different mushrooms or one in the same? any information on their uses?

Reason: Sent a PM

FAY

Unread post by FAY » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:12 pm

I've been trying to work herbs into my candle magic but find they are catching fire and causing the candle to melt incredibly fast. Is it advisable to use a mortar and pestle and to grind the herbs to a fine powder and mix with the oil to dress a the outside of the candle? Also I am planning to use a skull candle for an upcoming spell; should i make a hollow in the candle to stuff the skull with herbs and re-seal with another candle of the same colour?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:26 pm

FAY, without seeing what kinds of candles you are using or what kinds of roots or herbs (how flammable they are) or how much herbal matter you are using, or how you are applying it to the candles, we really cannot reply.

I suggest that you start with rolling candles, as described in my book "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic." In that book, there is a drawing of a hand-rolled candle that also may be of help.

I prefer not to powder the herbs that i will add to vigil candles because then there is no "tea leaf reading" possible.

If you are dressing vigil lights, you will simply need to learn which herbs are oily and flammable, which are fibrous and wick-like, and how a candle burns -- how it draws wax. Learn from a teacher or spend a few months learning on your own.

With a skull candle, it is loaded from below, generally. You do make a hole, but you do not use wax from another candle to seal it -- you use wax from the skull candle itself. There is plenty of discussion of this in the skull candle thread at this forum. In fact, most of these questions are addressed in the candle sections of the forum.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

FAY

Unread post by FAY » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:12 am

Thank you so much for your reply.

cactusrose

Unread post by cactusrose » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:03 pm

This may be 100% the wrong forum for this and I completely apologize if it is, but I needed to ask. I brewed Hyssop tea to cleanse in today (for the first time ever) and after pouring it over my head my hair (which is typically very curly and frizzy) looks phenomenal. The curls are so bouncy and smooth (a la Shirley Temple) and it just generally looks so nice. Like I said this may be the completely wrong place to ask, but I was so curious if Hyssop had any beauty benefits in addition to its use in cleansing and purifying.

brit

Unread post by brit » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi

So I have copy of Herb and Root, and I've been reading the section on Adam and Eve Root, and also the reference made to mis-selling of same in the introduction.

This site also makes many references to the fact that Adam and Eve Root is not included in any of the recipes by that name, and is not stocked, because it is illegal and non-sustainable to harvest.

Having compared the description given in the book of a fake Adam and Eve Root pair to the many images of supposed AER on sale online, I am very suspicious of them, as they seem to match the description of a a balm of Gilead bud and a boiled peanut looking item (See image below for example, this does not link to any competitor listing or anything like that, don't worry lol):

http://www.lunasgrimoire.com/wp-content ... e-Root.jpg

Are these 'roots' fakes/substitutes? And if so, is it better to use a pair of balm of gilead buds as mentioned in passing in the book, or what other substitute would be most appropriate?

Thanks for your help

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:11 pm

Hello, brit ,

That's not the real deal.

Just go with what Miss cat says in her book.

Sorry!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:51 am

Hello all. I just want to make a comment about herbs, roots, etc. They speak to me.. I've been in stores and had desires to purchase herbs that I had never heard of and had no idea what it was for, then ended up needing it for a given situation I was dealing with. I've had herbs at home and had such a strong desire to use them, not knowing I was in contact with evil, needed them to keep away things, etc. I've had cravings to eat certain herbs but not realizing until spirit revealed it to me why I needed to eat it at the time.

They are my allies, our allies but we have to be willing to hear them speak to us to feel them. Let spirit guide you. If you can hear and feel them,....They will guide us to where they need to be. They will speak to you as you do your work. They will even tell you when they are not needed for a given work. They are not just pieces of plants or roots that come from the earth but much more.

Spirit of the herbs and roots - I thank you!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:30 pm

Hello, Priestess Divine ,

Thank you for this great testimonial!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Miss Aida

ABSOLUTELY!! :D
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

CarenMarie

Unread post by CarenMarie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:54 pm

Greetings all!! I'm not new to using herbs for medicinal purposes but I am new to rootworking. I'm building up my apothecary chest and I have to pick 40 new herbs to add to my collection. I would really appreciate any opinions on herbs/curios that should be added. If interested, PMing me any recommendations for your top 5/10 would be awesome and appreciated.

I'm currently reading cat's herb book and I'm happily overwhelmed with all the options there and in the Lucky MOJO shop.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

(On hand I'm down to lemon balm, rosemary, lavender and dandelions)
Be Blessed.

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:15 pm

Hi CarenMarie,

It depends on the kind of work you would like to do.

Here is a page from Lucky Mojo on herbs and roots and the conditions to which they correspond. It could help you sort out your choices.

http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Moderator

CarenMarie

Unread post by CarenMarie » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:24 am

Thank you Miss Athena!
Be Blessed.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:43 pm

CarenMarie,

You may find, as you compare Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic with your favorite medicinal herbal, that there is considerable overlap in magical and medicinal usage. (I often tell clients to go to a health food store and open http://www.herb-magic.com on their smartphones, and compare the listings there with the ingredient list on herbal tea boxes. A fun and relatively convenient brain stretcher! So, yes, do open your favorite medicinal herbal book right next to your copy of Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic.)

Aside from that, it's hard to specify what herbs you should buy, because everybody's needs are different. What kind of magical work do you most need? What kinds are you most attracted to? What kinds are you gifted for – that is, what types of spells are most likely to work when you do them?

Magically useful herbs that are also medicinally useful– Well that's just gravy; but I do love gravy. Lots of it.

Happy hunting, and good luck,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

CarenMarie

Unread post by CarenMarie » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:21 pm

Thanks for replying Miss Micheale, I'm looking to explore work that's more towards personal well being and expanding my use of medicinal herbs to help family and friends. And your so right, after spending time going over cat's book it looks like I'll just be refilling my chest with herbs and roots I've been using in med teas for years. Now I'll just have to try my hand at preparing oil blends so I can make my own dressing oils in the future.

Thanks again!
Be Blessed.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:08 pm

Hello, CarenMarie,

You ought to consider taking Miss cat's Hoodoo Course. You'll learn the foundations of making hoodoo oils!!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

CarenMarie

Unread post by CarenMarie » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:45 pm

Thanks Miss Aida, I plan on enrolling this summer if space is available.
Be Blessed.

bast78
HRCC Student

Unread post by bast78 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:52 am

Does a gift count as a personal concern?

Reason: See admin

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:57 pm

To be released May 14th-15th, 2016

Legends of Incense, Herb, and Oil Magic by Lewis de Claremont, first published in 1936, now, on the 80th anniversary of its publication, restored and re-released to the public as part of the Lucky Mojo Curio CO. Library of Occult Classics.

BOO-GRI-LIHO
Legends of Incense, Herb, and Oil Magic by Lewis de Claremont, ed. cat yronwode
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

LEGENDS OF INCENSE, HERB, AND OIL MAGIC: Esoteric Students' Handbook of Legendary Formulas and Facts
by LEWIS de CLAREMONT

Author of

Secrets of Attraction
The Ten Lost Books of the Prophets
The Master's Course of Lessons in Hypnotism
The Ancient’s Book of Magic; The Ancient’s Book of Formulas
The Seven Keys to Power; The Seven Steps to Power
Legends of Incense, Herb, and Oil Magic
How to Get Your Winning Number
The Home Herb Doctor

Inventor of Hypnopoule

Illustrated by
S. Quinlan

Restored, Revised, and Edited by
Catherine Yronwode

PREFACE 3

INTRODUCTION 6
General Principles 7
Magic As a Definite Religion 8
Magical Secrets of Compounds 8

CHAPTER ONE:
LEGENDS OF OILS 10
Occult and Psychic Anointing 11
Understanding the Trinities 12
How to Anoint 15
How to Dress a Candle 16
Oils Used in Magic 18

CHAPTER TWO:
HOW TO USE OILS 20
Altar Oil 20
Angel Oil 20
Attraction Oil 21
Bat's Blood Brand Oil 21
Bible Bouquet Oil 22
Black Art Oil 23
Buddha Oil 23
Chinese Oil 23
Cleopatra Oil 23
Commanding Oil 24
Compelling Oil 24
Concentration Oil 25
Dove's Blood Brand Oil 25
Exodus Oil 25
Five Circle Oil 26
High Conquering Oil 26
Hindu Grass Oil 27
Indian Guide Oil 27
King Solomon Oil 28
Kyphi Oil 28
Lovers Oil 30
Magnet Oil 30
Mecca Oil 31
Planet and Planetary Oils 31
Power Oil 31
Rose of Crucifixion Oil 32
Spirit Oil 32
Success Oil 33
Temple Oil 33
Ten Commandments Oil 33

CHAPTER THREE:
LEGENDS OF INCENSE 35
Reasons for Using Incense 35
Incense in Divine Worship 35
Incense Used in Magic 37
How to Make Liquid Incense Oil 38
Formulas for Making Incense 38
CHAPTER FOUR:
HOW TO USE INCENSE 40
Abtina Incense 40
Attraction Incense 40
Black Incense 40
Ceremonial Incense 40
Cleopatra Incense 41
Commanding Incense 41
Compelling Incense 41
Lovers Incense 41
Lucky Planet Incense 42
Magnet Incense 42
Mystic Rites Incense 43
Oriental Incense 43
Power Incense 43
Psychic Vision Incense 43
Spirit Guide Incense 44
Success Incense 44
Temple Incense 44

CHAPTER FIVE:
SACHET POWDERS 46
Sachet Powders 46
How to Make Sachet Powders 46

CHAPTER SIX:
WASHES AND BATHS
Baume Tranquille 47
Modern Baume Tranquille 47
Bush, Herb, and Condition Baths 47
White Lavender 47
Red Lavender 47
Chinese Wash 48
Seven Holy Spirit Baths 48

CHAPTER SEVEN:
LEGENDS OF HERBS 50
The Doctrine of Signatures 50
The Tree of Life 50
Herbs of the Classical Gods 51
Poisonsous Botanicals 51
Flowers and Herbs of the Virgin 52
Flowers of the Nativity 53
Herbs of the Crucifixion 55
CHAPTER EIGHT:
HOW TO USE HERBS 58
Adam and Eve Root 58
Alkanet Tree 58
Belladonna 58
Bethel Nut 59
Buckeye 59
Cactus 59
Clover 59
Devil's Shoestring 59
Dragon's Blood 59
Elder 59
Fern 60
Five Finger Grass 62
Frankincense 62
Fungi 62
Good Luck Herbs Mixture 63
Grains of Paradise 63
Graveyard Dust 64
Hawthorn 64
Hellebore 64
Henbane 65
Holy Herb (Yerba Santa) 65
Jack-in-the-Pulpit 65
John the Conqueror. High 65
John the Conqueror, Low 65
John the Conqueror, Southern 65
Juniper 66
Kalmia 66
Life Everlasting 66
Lodestone 66
Loving Herbs Mixture 66
Lucky Hand Root 66
Marjoram 66
Master of the Woods 66
Milkwort 66
Mistletoe 67
Myrrh 67
Myrtle 68
Oriental Gum Resin 68
Periwinkle 68
Poke 68
Queen Elizabeth Root 68
Queen's Root 68
Rattlesnake Master 68
Rosemary 69
Rue 69
Sacred Bark 69
Saint Johns Wort 69
Sandalwood 69
Sang Root 69
Sea Spirit 69
Smellage Root 69
Star Fish 70
Sumbul Root 70
Tonka Beans 70
Waahoo Bark 70
Walnut 70
Wormwood 70
CHAPTER NINE:
LOVE MAGIC 72
Love Powders 72
Classical Love Philtres 72
Classical Aphrodisiacs 73
African Love Beliefs 73
Hindu Love Beliefs 73
Persian Love Beliefs 74
Asian Love Beliefs 74
European Love Beliefs 74
American Love Beliefs 75
Midsummer Herbs for Love 75
Curious Water of Myrtle Flowers 75 Angel Water 76
The Spring Nosegay 76
Hippomanes for Lust 76
Dill for Love 77
Coriander, Violet Valerian 77
Sea Holly (Eryngoes) 77
Making the True Love Powder 77
Ambergris as an Aphrodisiac 78
Amulets for Love 78
To Continue Love Once Obtained 79
To Reduce Love 79
Turtle Dove Powder 80
Water of Magnaminity 80
Famous Love Poisons 81
Truffles for Seduction 81
Mandrake for Lust 82
Knapweed for the Future Husband 82
Basil and Women 83
Dragon’s Blood for a Lost Lover 83
Heliotrope for Fidelity 83
Lemon Peels for Truth in Love 83
Wecker’s Secrets 84
Cubebs, Opium, and Spices 84
The Notary Art of Solomon 85
Alcohol and Sugar for Lust 86
Herbs for Quenching Love 86
Water of Chastity 86
Wax Effigy Doll for Love Revenge 87
Untying and Tying the Knot 87
Three Impossible Tasks of Love 88

CHAPTER TEN:
TALISMAN MAGIC 89
Making Metallic Talismans 89
Table of Affinities 90
Talismanic Secrets 90
Seals from the 6th Book of Moses 91
Seals from the 7th Book of Moses 92
How Talismans Are Used 94

AFTERWORD 95

96 pages, $9.00. on sale to the world soon!
catherine yronwode

ChristopherNoSaint

Unread post by ChristopherNoSaint » Sun May 01, 2016 2:10 am

I have bugs in my novena candles.. I was sitting at my desk and occasionally small beetle would land on the monitor, Id kill it, I figured maybe the window was not quit shut. So more came, I checked the window, it was locked. So I checked and rechecked my bulk herbs, I once got big bag of safflower from a store and 3 weeks later full of bugs. No not the herb. I was looking for my St Josephs candle for May 1, pulled out my candle storage draw (its a big file cabinet) and there they are dozen of beetles all over tops of the novenas. Only thing I can think of fill the candle with express van van rubbing alcohol, it killed them. There is tiny divest in the candles like either born out of the wax or eating it. Anyone had this before? I put bay leaves and camphor in the untouched candles to repeal any other guest.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun May 01, 2016 9:42 pm

Hello, ChristopherNoSaint ,

Could also be eggs or excrement.

I would buy new candles

Sorry
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun May 01, 2016 9:45 pm

I am definitely buying THIS book!

Can't wait!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Jaime Banks
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Jaime Banks » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:56 pm

Evening everyone!

Does anyone know what herbs I can use for Uncrossing Money purposes? I know so many for drawing. But I need to do some money uncrossing and money jinx breaking work. I feel my money and money thru my job may have been crossed up.

-Jaime Banks
Thank You SO Much St.Jude
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #2043G

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:18 am

Alkanet is said to break money jinxes or gambling jinxes and Star Anise will stop misfortunes of all kinds. Mint can attract and protect money and break spells and jinxes. Rattlesnake Master is good for luck and also gets rid of any "snakes in the grass" who may have crossed your money up.
catherine yronwode

Jaime Banks
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Jaime Banks » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:24 am

Fabulous!!!
Thank You Cat, and for a very rapid response!!!!

-Jaime Banks
Thank You SO Much St.Jude
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #2043G

root

Unread post by root » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Hello friends!
Can I use red roses for gay love or just for straight couples?
I have to mention that I am doing this for a guy who is the dominant one, I am the botton.
Can I combine lavender with red roses and cinnamon ?
Sorry for my English
Thanks!

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:40 pm

Hello root,

Yes, you can use all the herbs you mentioned for gay love. And you can really use just about any love herb for gay love, for that matter. Love is love. Just keep in mind that anytime a spell calls for roots that are male/female (for example: a High John the Conqueror and a Queen Elizabeth root) for heterosexual love, you would use two of the male version (two High John roots) for male homosexual love.

For more information about what herbs/rootwork you can use and do for homosexual love, check out this book:

http://www.luckymojo.com/thesportinglife.html

Good luck!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

root

Unread post by root » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:17 am

Thanks a lot for the clarification sisterjean!! :)

Curios12

Unread post by Curios12 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:42 pm

Hope I am posting in the right place, but here goes. I am having a hard time rolling the herbs on the candles, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. My question is what is the best way to roll my candles in the herbs, I try paper towel sometimes but it seems like the oil is being wiped off the candles, or I try to rub it on with one hand holding the candle etc. Can someone tell me the best way to do this without putting too little or too much herb on the candles thanks.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:25 pm

Hello, Curios12 --

Rolling candles in herbs is covered in my book, "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic," so i take it that you do not have the book. Here are two suggestionsL

1) If you grind the herbs to a fine powder they will stick to oils more easily. Oil the candles and then dust the candles with the herb powder.

2) If you melt soft or sticky type wax -- just a thin layer -- on aluminum foil, add the herbs and oil, let it begin to cool, and roll that layer of wax on the candles, it will stick.

Paper towels will not serve you well. I recommend that you do not use them.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Curios12

Unread post by Curios12 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Thanks Ms. Cat I will try that.

DaniWonderland

Unread post by DaniWonderland » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:02 am

So I kind of searched this thread for my answer but didn't see much answer on such a simple topic.... but anyway,

Someone asked what's the difference if you go with the root itself or powder or oil form. Cat explained that Adam and Eve root for example are close to extinction so the oil doesn't contain the real root for example.

But what if you have the option of getting herbs and roots of any kind specific to your intention (whether it be love drawing or controlling), and you can use licorice root or bitter root chips, but you can also just get the sachet powders for those purposes instead, such as controlling, love me, etc. Or if you want to put red peppers in a jar for anger and discord, you can also just have inflammatory confusion on hand or restless oil. So I'm just wondering when you want to order something for a dollbaby, why so often do I find that people use the roots themselves instead of anointing the dolls with different powders or oils? I mean, wouldn't they serve the same purpose? Or are the herbs themselves stronger than the sachet and oil form?

Thanks

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:57 pm

DaniWonderland,

I think part of it depends on what you're using the herbs/roots for that determines the form you order them, and part of it is personal preference.

For example, if I was doing a love spell, and I wanted to dress my candles with an oil and some sort of powder, I'd maybe choose a love oil and Queen Elizabeth root in powder form, because a powder will stick to the candle, when a whole root will of course fall right off.

Some people prefer to use whole roots, some people will just get roots in whatever form they can, and at what price works for them.

Some people prefer to use powdered roots, instead of sachet powders.

Some people just use the materials they have on hand, and will use in the same spell, for example, Lucky Mojo Money Drawing sachet powder, Attraction oil, and Bayberry root chips.

You don't need to worry about if herbs are "stronger" when used plain or in a sachet powder or oil, because Lucky Mojo uses the same herbs across individual product formulas. So Cast Off Evil oil will contain eucalyptus, as will the sachet powder, as well the incense, as will the bath crystals. You more should just think about which form of the herb you need, and what your spell calls for.

DaniWonderland

Unread post by DaniWonderland » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:03 pm

Thanks a lot sisterjean,

That's what I wanted to confirm. IT's all about preference.
Either way over the period of few months I do plan to stock up on all the roots and herbs regardless if I get condition oils and powders.

Now one thing I noticed, your Queen Elizabeth root - it comes in powder form, and it also comes in SACHET powder form. What is the difference with these two now?

And when you use an oil as well as a powder to dress a candle, using the same condition oil and powder together doesn't make the work stronger? You rather use one condition oil and another condition powder so you can mix it up? Because so far I've dressed my candles with 2 or 3 oils and then 2 of the same powders over it. What's a better and effective way to go with it, you'd say?

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:38 pm

Hello DaniWonderland,

Well it's not my Queen Elizabeth Root powder, it's Lucky Mojo's. The difference between the two is that the root powder is *just* powdered Queen Elizabeth Root powder. The sachet powder is a base powder that powdered Queen Elizabeth Root powder, essential oils and other ingredients have been added to. The difference in form is to give folks options depending on what they're trying to do. For example, plain Queen Elizabeth root powder can be mixed with menstrual blood and sprinkled into food in small amounts to influence a target, but you wouldn't want to sprinkle a sachet powder into food because it would be very difficult to disguise (and could contain ingredients you wouldn't want to ingest).

Dressing a candle with oil and then sprinkling it with sachet powder is a very traditional way of dressing candles. But so is just dressing a candle with oil. Like I've said before, it's not really about what is stronger, it's about your goal, what you have on hand, and your personal preference. Yes you can mix the oils you put on a candle, and you can do so with oils. Both are traditional ways of working.

DaniWonderland

Unread post by DaniWonderland » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. Do you guys sell any black powder here to conceal any sachet powder I need to use?

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:44 pm

Hey DaniWonderland,

I think you'd have better luck just mixing it with some local dirt. The appearance will be much more neutral than black. Lucky Mojo does sell colored, unscented sachet powders here (scroll to the bottom):

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatpowders.html#mineral

But there's no black, just gray, so I think that would also stick out.

loyal_stranger

Unread post by loyal_stranger » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:42 pm

Hello,

I had a reading from Miss Aida and one of her suggestions was to use a "love herb mix" in a honey jar spell. Anyway I was assuming this was going to be a pre-mixed thing that was sold on LM but it's not. I do know of several herbs used in love rootwork and obviously there are many listed on the herbs page here. However I'm just wondering if there would be any suggestions on a standard for this? If not, I'll probably just go with the 3 "Medieval True Love Powder" herbs (elecampane, vervain/verbena, and mistletoe). Mostly because I already have two of them on hand but also because I just don't know what else to use - any suggestions?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, I've read so many forum posts the last couple weeks and to go through them all would be next to impossible.

Thanks for your help!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:11 pm

Hello, royal_PITA,

I certainly wouldn't recommend a Lucky Mojo product that didn't exist! I know most of their products by heart

Here it is!

www.herb-magic.com/love-herbs-mixture.html

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

loyal_stranger

Unread post by loyal_stranger » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:47 am

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that. I just meant I couldn't find anything like that and thought maybe you were talking about several herbs. And thank you!!!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:39 pm

Hello, royal_PITA,

Oh, I didn't take anything offensively! Promise!!

I'm glad you found them now!

Wishing you great success with this

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

HoodooBeginner

Unread post by HoodooBeginner » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:07 am

Hello All!

I have a question, I'd like to make oils for healing and I was wondering how do you charge the herbs? I have heard from someone a little recently and they said in order for the oil(s) to work that you need to charge up the herbs or you will just have oil and herbs.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:57 am

HoodooBeginner --

You seem to have African American folk magic (hoodoo, conjure, rootwork) seriously confused with Neo-Pagan Wiccan or Traditional Witchcraft practices.

We do not "charge" anything (except, perhaps, our credit cards). LOL!

I suggest that before you begin dabbling in hoodoo oil-making, you actually learn what hoodoo is, what its basic traditional methodologies are, where it came from, and how we, practitioners of this form of work, treat and deal with the making of spiritual supplies.

Here are some links that may help you:

Hoodoo in Theory and Practice Table of Contents
http://luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

Basic Understanding of Traditional African American Hoodoo
basic-understanding-of-traditional-afri ... 19287.html

Seriously speaking, and with no intent to insult you, a "beginner" should not be making oils without an understanding of the way we work. Your question implies a complete lack of understanding -- or else a reliance on self-promoting internet sources that have no connection to Black American culture and have falsely appropriated the term "hoodoo" to describe their own way of compounding oils according to Neo-Pagan principles.

Stick around and read some of the real stuff here and at the Lucky Mojo web site.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

HoodooBeginner

Unread post by HoodooBeginner » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:26 am

Thanks Miss Cat, Much Appreciated! :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:11 am

Just a reminder --

The new 8th edition of "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" is now available. Available since 2002, with 24,000 copies in print, and no change in price.

* 224 pages, available in trade paperback softcover ($14.95) or limited edition clothbound hardcover ($39.95).

* 500 herbs, roots, minerals, and rare zoological curios, with taxonomic ("Latin") names for proper identification.

* 750 traditional spells, tricks, and magical recipes. These are complete, easy-to-use, and highly practical, designed for readers who want to go beyond the "romance" or symbolism of herb magic and actually mix up and make their own potions, dressing oils, bath crystals, incenses, floor washes, and mojo bags. If you grow or gather herbs, this book will teach you exactly how to use them.

* 50 black and white line illustrations of common magical herbs and roots of North America.

* 6 handy charts in which dozens of conditions -- such as love-drawing or protection -- are listed and the herbs for each condition are given in alphabetical order. This saves time when looking for ways to use herbs that are available -- and you can use these charts to find substitutions, if necessary.

* Cross-referencing: Every herb is accompanied by at least one spell. End-of-entry cross-references make it easy to find other spells in which the herb is used -- no flipping back to an index: Cross-references are right in the entry itself.

* Bibliography: Authentic recipes are drawn from first-hand experience and 100 years of solid folkloric research.

BOO-GRI-HHSC
Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic, Paperback by cat yronwode
$14.95

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”