Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
P82

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by P82 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:21 pm

So I bought a dressed road opener candle today from a different company that was dressed in the same style as Lucky Mojo (the owner of the store is an AIRR member). When I lit it it burned smoothly but black smoke came up then it went weak and went out with some white smoke. I prayed over it again and re-lit it. It went twin flame and burned high for a bit but then calmed down and is now burning smoothly. I was wondering what it meant when it burned black smoke a bit and went out with some white smoke. From Miss Cat's book black smoke means obstacles and going out means similar, but it also had white smoke. I was wondering if I could get some help here.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:42 pm

Hello, P82 ,

I am sorry but we do not assist with products purchased outside of Lucky Mojo.

I can definitely speak with confidence about what candles mean if purchased at Lucky Mojo because I am familiar with their high quality candles. But, you may have had a lower quality one.

Nevertheless, can't help you here

Sorry
HRCC Graduate #1631

P82

Unread post by P82 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:53 pm

HI Miss Aida,
thank you for letting me know

I was wonering though right now a 7 day purple candle I prepared for mercury in retrograde I had dressed with Mercury planetary oil, road opener oil and lemon grass benzoin, Palo Santo, Bayleaf and peony. the Candle was burning fine until earlier today I saw wisps of black smoke and right now the upper part of the glass (the lip portion) is turning black, the flame is very high and it is blowing out wisps of black smoke and white smoke. I know that black smoke means that negativity is being pushed out but what does it mean with both black and white.?!

Lilith Moon

Unread post by Lilith Moon » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:27 am

Hello everyone, can I ask what people consider bubbles in the wax in glass vigil candles to mean? I've tried a search but no joy.

I've read that they indicate spirit activity/assistance or that the target needs to slow down and stop spreading their self too thin.

I've only seen it the once and it occurred whilst the flame continually flew around for the whole of the burn:

1. the candle was clean, no oil or herbs added.
2. it was a 'request for advice/guidance' candle for myself and I wrote specific areas on the glass, such as career, family, protection, etc. I asked my guides and ancestors to show me any areas of concern that I need to work on.

Considering the flame activity - it was as though a draft was affecting it - and that I'd asked spirits to help, I'm inclined to think that bubbles could represent spirit activity.

Any thoughts?
Thank you St. Martha, St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael for your help and blessings.

P82

Unread post by P82 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi Lilith,
from what I know bubbles are a sign that your intention is being granted and the spirits are watching but again I can be wrong.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:09 am

Hello, P82 ,

I think that this happened because you have dressed the candle with too many herbs and benzoin.

That's what I think caused this reaction. Not a sign

Sorry

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:11 am

Hello, Lilith Moon ,

It was most likely a form of communication from Spirit.

This could most likely be a positive sign

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Lilith Moon

Unread post by Lilith Moon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:24 am

P82 and Miss Aida, thank you very much for your insights.

Yes, I'm more comfortable with the idea that it represents spirit communication in light of the other signifiers that were present.
Thank you St. Martha, St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael for your help and blessings.

Justher98

Unread post by Justher98 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:40 am

I hope I'm in the correct thread. First time ever since I've been burning candles for my ex to come back, this last candle burned down to wick, nothing left but the wick! It burned that way for a few mins and I had to keep an eye on it just incase it cracked my crystal candle holder. It didn't break thank goodness. And I've read so much yet I still can't find an exact reading on what it means when just the wick is left. Someone please help me. My eyes are probably tired from so much reading. I find I wake up and first thing I do is log on and do some reading.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:38 pm

Hi Justher98,

When a candle burns away all of the wax and leaves only the wick, it is considered a successful burn. You can take it as a positive sign that your petition has been heard. You can read more on candle divination here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Pink kisses

Unread post by Pink kisses » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:30 pm

I'm burning a return to me vigil candle and just now it made a popping sound three times, and at least one of the times there was a quick white flame. I've read that popping is a sign from spirits, but I don't really know what that means (is that a good thing or a bad thing)
Thanks

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:16 pm

Hello, Pink kisses ,

It's usually a good sign (but not 100% of the time)

But you'll have to wait and see what the rest of the candle burn does

Wishing you the very best

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Pink kisses

Unread post by Pink kisses » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:20 pm

Miss Aida,
Thanks for the quick response. I probably still have at least 2 days left, since it looks to be about halfway done.

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi, I have a question

What does it mean when you light the candle and it goes out within 10 to 15 seconds but upon relighting it the candle stays strong and doesn't go out?

What happened was on my first night (a few nights ago) I lit my candle for the first time. The candle looked like it was about to go out within 15 seconds but about two seconds later the flame completely lit itself up and became very strong. It never ended up going out at all. The problem is that for the past couple of days after that the candle seems to be going out within about 15 seconds of me lighting it for the first time in my meditation leaving me with no choice but to relight it a second time. The good news is that when I relight it it never goes out and the flame is strong. The unfortunate problem is that last night as I was doing the candle it went out in about 15 seconds and it took me about six matches one after the other just to get the flame to stick to the wick and light up but once it lit up I had a strong long lasting flame. So what could this possibly mean? Is it good or bad I would like to think that if the flame is strong that the work is going to be going great but since the candle seems to be going out within the first 15 seconds of lighting it I'm not sure what to make of it.

P82

Unread post by P82 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:42 am

So I am burning a fiery wall of protection candle and this time made sure to just use a dash/pinch of herbs and not over do it this time. the top part started to turn black and the cleared up torwards the bottom. I have been told by others that this is a sign that the negative energy is being drawn away from me and the spell is working . I am just not sure.

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Hello P82,

We don't do candle divination on this forum, however off the top of my head this does look like a positive sign. You can read more about reading candle flames, smoke, wax and other signs here:

Good luck!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:15 pm

Yeah my situation has changed from what I wrote before. My candles no longer goes out when I light them. In fact it stays lit the entire time. My candles burn clean and evenly until about the last 3 minutes of burning the flame starts jumping up and down and I start to see small bits of smoke come from the flame and then when it gets down to just the wick it refuses to go out but when it finally does there is very little to no wax left. What does this mean? I'm burning 4 inch pink candles that I got from lucky mojo with some reconciliation and lavender love drops oil. I burn 1 candle per night but I'm not sure what all this means.

SCHOP

Unread post by SCHOP » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:35 am

I have 2 candles burning right now. A Return to me Candle and a Lucky Money Candle. They've been burning for 5 days now. Tonight I was looking for a pen because I'm keeping a log of things during this ceremony. As I opened a drawer I found 2 bottles of glitter, 1 red and 1 green. No coincidence to me sooooo...I go over to my candles and sprinkle the RED glitter in the Return to me candle and the glitter moved to the sides of the wall. Then I put the Green glitter in the lucky money candle and it was totally different from the other candle. The GREEN glitter came together and formed a CIRCLE around the flame, then started moving inward towards the flame then outwards, then it repeats itself. Like lungs inhaling and exhaling. It's like the candle is breathing. What does that mean? I took pictures and have a video as well.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi johnnyr860,

If your candles burn clean with nothing but the wick remaining, that is considered a good sign. Keep it up and see what results you get from your target, but this sounds positive to me.

Good luck.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:49 pm

Hi SCHOP,

It sounds like your lucky money candle is more active and take that as a positive sign.

Personally, I don't like to add ingredients to a candle after I have begun burning it as it may interfere with whatever direction the energy may have been going in, but that's just me.

Good luck.

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:35 pm

Hi Miss Athena thank you for the response. I was just wondering though because based on some of the information I've been reading here within the pages of this thread it seems when the wick refuses to go out at the end its a bad sign as it indicates resistance from my lover? Also from what I read it's not good to have the candle burn clean and even but smoke and jump around at the end. I'm not sure if that was true I'm just trying to make sure that this jumpy smokey flame I get on the last 3 or so minutes of my burn aren't a bad sign and that the wicks refusal to go out isn't bad either. The candle burns just fine with no smoke but in the last 3 or so minutes it begins to smoke with the flame jumping around.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi johnnyr860,

I think you might benefit from getting a reading on your work and the results of your candle. If you are unsure what messages you're getting, this would be the way to go. You can find reputable readers here:

www.readersandrootworkers.org/
www.hoodoopsychics.com

Good luck.

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:26 pm

Hi Miss Athena, I already had a reading done before I started the work and I was told that although he has a lot going on at the time that there is hope for us in the future to be together. I had a lavender love drops glass candle lit at the lucky mojo altar but I'm still waiting on the results to see how it burned. I called yesterday and they told me my candle is off the altar after a week of burning I hope for good results. I just dont understand why my pink 4 inch candles burn so nicely throughout the entire candle burn but get all smokey with that flame jumping around towards the end? If you suggest a reading I could do another but since I had one done 2 weeks ago I'm not sure what to make of all this or if you think a 2nd one is needed.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi johnnyr860,

In that case, wait for another reading and keep burning your candles until they burn completely clean without any change at the end.

Good luck.

SCHOP

Unread post by SCHOP » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:32 pm

Preciate ya. The money candle left an inch of wax while the return to me candle burned clean all the way thru. Barely any wax at all. I lit my St. Expedite candle on Wednesday and it seems to be burning pretty fast. Already 2 inches gone.

scooty12

Unread post by scooty12 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:25 pm

I'd like to start a honey jar, but I have a small question. Is there any type of alternative to the "as this honey is sweet to me, so shall so and so be sweet towards me" and eating 3 small spoonfuls (or tastes) of honey? I have a strong sensitivity to all sugar/sweeteners and especially honey. I thought of using an alternative that I can ingest, but the few I have my target can't stand the taste of - he sure does love honey though - so i though that maybe the wrong approach. any suggestions would be so very much appreciated.
on a new journey just finding my way, and figuring out what it all means....

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:45 pm

Hello scooty12,

I think you could work the honey jar without necessarily tasting the honey, but maybe you could just work a different type of love spell altogether. Like candle work, or a mojo bag, or a doll baby. There are so many options. Check out this thread for more ideas:

general-love-spells-questions-and-answers-t9831.html

Good luck!

Emerald96

Unread post by Emerald96 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:50 am

Good Morning all,

I'm currently doing love work. I've used three oils on an upside down candle...( Free candle that goes inside glass casing) I throughly rubbed the oils on the candle and mixed them inside the jar as well. The top half of my candle is black from soot. This is due to burning oil and the amount that I've used ?

My flame dances as well

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:44 pm

Hello, Emerald96 »

It sure sounds like it!

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

RKGomes

Unread post by RKGomes » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:58 pm

I am doing a 21 Day Follow Me Boy candle. I have 16 days left. The burn itself has been clean, the flame high and steady. However, tonight when I went to pinch the candle out, it would not pinch out. I tried about five times again - burning my fingers. Then I gave up and snuffed it out with a cover off something.

What does it mean when a candle will not extinguish, in this case?

Thank you.

Anna_89

Unread post by Anna_89 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:07 am

I wanted to get someone's thoughts on this.
I had a picture of my target and a candle on top, when the candle burned it created a heart/Apple shape right where his heart was on the picture, this was obviously burned.
Can this be interpreted as his feeling for his wife are now dead/burned?

This was for a breakup spell.

Any thoughts/ideas are very much appreciated.

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:51 pm

Hello RKGomes,

Since you're doing this candle work to get someone to "follow" you, I wouldn't worry if the candle doesn't seem to want to go out. It could just be working very hard for you and burning particularly hot, showing that the magic is working!

If you want to learn more about reading signs from candle burning, check out this page:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA8

Good luck to you in your work.

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:19 pm

Hello Anna_89,

I moved your main question over to this thread, because it was off topic in the St. Martha thread.

We actually don't provide candle wax interpretations on this forum, but here is a handy page that will give you lots of information:

If you want to get confirmation of your interpretation, you could always get a reading:

http://hoodoopsychics.com/

Good luck!

Newbie1234

Unread post by Newbie1234 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:53 am

Hi

Could I put my love honey jar together tonight (Thursday) and start lighting the candles Friday or is it best to start the whole thing in Friday?

scooty12

Unread post by scooty12 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:36 pm

@sisterjean thanks for the reply - I've been thinking of alternatives yes. I've just had such wonderful luck with honey jars in past especially on this target it was my first thought.
on a new journey just finding my way, and figuring out what it all means....

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:53 pm

What does it mean when there's no wick left on your candle? So basically I got my candles to stop smoking at the end of their burn. Basically the candle flame would start to dance around with smoke coming out about 3 minutes before it finished burning and went out. After about a week now of burning candles I finally gotten the candles to stop smoking at the end a few days ago. The flame still dance around a little at the end but there's no smoke. However, the problem is that for the past two nights when the candle finishes burning there's no wax left over and there's no wick either. I know that no wax is a good sign but I don't know what it means when there's no wick left. The wick refuses to go out but when it does theres little to no wick left at all. I didn't see anything about this on the divination page. What could that mean? It's a 4 inch pink candles with reconciliation, lavender love drops, and come to me oils dressed on them.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:58 pm

Hello, Newbie1234 ,

Yes, you can do that

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Hello, johnnyr860 ,

That is nothing to worry about.

To me, it's a great sign (happens to me often with the 4 inch candles)

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

gozlynn8

Unread post by gozlynn8 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:02 pm

I had a reading with Miss Elvira that was awesome and very informative! I feel very positive about my future.

In addition to having candles lit at MISC, she told me things I could do on my end. One thing is to light a blue healing candle every Sunday. It is a 4 in taper, dressed with healing oil, and my petition carved into it. She told me the candle will last for about 2.5 hours.

My 4 in candle lasted about an hour, with a flame about 1.5 in. tall, and left no wax or residue at all. There is a tiny spot that looks like grease, probably the oil.

I can't find anything on this website pertaining to divination on candles for healing.

1) Is a fast, steady burn for healing a good thing?

2) Most of the time the flame was perfectly straight with minimal flickering -- but the flame pointed to the west, maybe 3 times. Another website said that is love and success. Do you agree?

Thank you!

Justher98

Unread post by Justher98 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:06 pm

As this was my first time dressing and lighting a 7 day do as i say candle, I've come to this thread for help.

It began to burn fast then half way down the flame got really high and vigorous for about 30 mins. Then it turn the top half of the glass black. The flame then became calm. Now its strong and steady withought anymore black soot for now.

Did I put too much oil? I did poke holes in the candles so oil would go through.

I saw a video that said I'm supposed to put it out if its black, break it and bury it and start over. Is this what I should do?

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:58 pm

Hello Justher98,

I'm sorry but we don't provide candle readings on this forum, however, if you go check out this page, you'll find a lot of information on the topic:

I don't know what video you saw, but I don't think you need to go and smash your candle. I'd recommend letting it burn all the way down, then interpret the wax and soot according to the page that I linked you. If you feel that you need to light another candle, go ahead, and just recycle the glass from the previous one (after ritually disposing of any leftover wax).

http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Good luck!

Justher98

Unread post by Justher98 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:01 am

Thank you sisterjean.
I actually had to put it out because I had to leave and the flame became too high raising a few inches out of the glass. It was definitely a fire hazard if left alone. I started a new one and all far its going ok. I'm thinking I put too much oil and you many herbs in it.

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:18 pm

Well I'm not sure if there's anything else you can recommend but I seem to be stuck here with my situation. It seems that the work I am doing is not yielding any sort of movement in my situation. I am still using lavender love drops, come to me, and reconciliation oils on these 4 inch pink candles I got from lucky mojo and although the candles are burning through evenly and clean with no smoke and no wax left at the end I am still not seeing any movement. I am also burning some black 4 inch candles with some run devil run oil. I have done 3 different readings on my situation through AIRR so I am not sure another reading is a good idea since I have done 3 which all came back about the same.

But the guy I am trying to get back just doesn't seem affected by any of the work I am doing on him and it has been just over a month now since I started. I recently downloaded this dating app to see if he had an account on there and I found out he did and his profile says he is single and looking for a relationship even though he told me he wasn't looking. Is there anything I can do to make the work stronger? What would you recommend for someone like me who is doing work and seeing the candles burn so well but not seeing any movement at all?

Newbie1234

Unread post by Newbie1234 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:03 pm

This might be a dumb question but on the candles do you carve your petition such as "love me" or do you include the names such as "John doe loves newbie" or "love newbie"?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:41 pm

Hello, johnnyr860 ,

Honestly, I wouldn't be using 4 inch candles.

I would use at least the 6 inch candles for a burn time of 6 hours.

I mostly use the 4 inch candles to foster things that are already happening or as helper lights.

Also, spells take time. Got to have patience.

I hope is all works out for you

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:46 pm

Hello, Newbie1234

I use a pencil and inscribe (in cursive without breaks) 7 times, bottom to top:

lovemelovemelovemelovemelovemelovemeloveme

Take care!
HRCC Graduate #1631

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:06 am

Thank you again Miss Aida for the reply. I understand spells take time I just need to be more patient. One question I'm going to order the 6inch candles per your suggestion but in the mean time while I wait for them to arrive can I dress and burn 2 black candles at the same time and when those are done dress and burn 2 pink candles? Would that help make the energy and work I'm doing stronger or would this be a bad idea?

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:02 pm

Hello johnnyr860,

I think that is just fine! Go ahead with that until your bigger candles arrive!

Peace~

Nathen

Iamabeliever

Unread post by Iamabeliever » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:27 pm

Hello everyone..what does it mean if my second candle burned a little faster than my first candle?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:14 pm

Hello, Debrarouse,

It most likely means that your message has been heard

But, please look at this page (as we don't do intrpretationson the forum):

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Iamabeliever

Unread post by Iamabeliever » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:59 pm

I do apologize Miss Aida...thanks.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:02 pm

Hello, Debrarouse

No problem!!

You take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

candle_flamess

Unread post by candle_flamess » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:55 pm

Just a quick question. I burned a candle on top of a honey jar and the candle wax burned completely clean however the wick is still lit! It's just burning the wick. No wax whatsoever left. As I was typing this up the wick just went out, actually. But it burned for a good 30 minutes after the wax was gone. I looked up the possible meaning on the candle divinition page but this wasn't covered. Just wondering if anyone might have an idea if that might mean anything? Or just my candle being weird.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:56 pm

Hello, candle_flamess ,

That's a clean burn. It's just making sure that every microscopic drop of wax is gone.

Good sign!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

idiotglee
Newly Registered

Unread post by idiotglee » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:48 am

I have a honey pot on the go, and today the candle has burned leaving a strip of wax on one side. It's peeled or fallen back and looks like a shed snakeskin. I've not had this happen with any of my candles before - does anyone have experience with what this could mean?

Temont

Unread post by Temont » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:13 pm

So.. I ordered a chupperosa candle. I should've known better but I used a small piece of paper towel that had our saliva on it. It smoked within the first three hours I lit it. Do I have to purchase another one?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:51 pm

Hello, Temont

No, you're fine.

It was taken to Spirit

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:52 pm

Hello, Idiotglee,

Please read this web page that Miss cat wrote

(we do not perform candle interpretations or divinations on the forum.

But your answer could be here

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

thawayiwasmade30

Unread post by thawayiwasmade30 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:10 am

I'm having financial money troubles. I burned a prosperity & abundance candle and money drawing candle (lucky mojo) that lasted from Monday till today-friday. Both started off great, but when it got towards the bottom, there were knots formed. My prosperity candle had black soot and I kept cutting the wick but it kept forming. I don't know what any of it means and it seems it's not good. I'm trying to find out what's going wrong?? I have a reading today with Miss Cat so we should see. Should I light a St. JUDE candle for helpless cause?

John777

Unread post by John777 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:24 am

I have a question if anyone can help me please. My question is, I was doing a Chuparosa candle the flame was strong, steady and clean but the spell did not work I am just curious to know what it happened and why it did not work

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”