Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Working with Saint Mary Magdalene

All about Lucky Mojo religious supplies, church goods, and altar tools, plus prayers to God, angels, spirits, saints, and deities.
CajunBarbie

Working with Saint Mary Magdalene

Unread post by CajunBarbie » Mon May 28, 2012 6:35 pm

Does anyone have any experience working with Saint Mary Magdalene especially regarding love work when you are the "other woman"? I read somewhere that she is a Saint that works with "mistresses"? I'm just wondering how one would work with her as there is not much info on what she likes, how to approach her etc...which is surprising considering how close she was to Christ..any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!
THANK YOU JESUS Raphael Gabriel Michael St.Jude Anthony Expedite Lazarus Our Lady of Lourdes

aura
Forum Moderator
Re: Working with Saint Mary Magdalene

Unread post by aura » Tue May 29, 2012 3:57 am

Hi CajunBarbie,

Any Saint can be prayed to by burning candles with All Saints oil and burning incense such as 7-11 Holy or Frankincense Resin. For Mary Magdalene, white or red candles would be appropriate. Mary Magdalene's feast day is July 22nd. She loved and loves strongly and fiercely. She is moved by tears which she cried many times in her own life. Given how penitent and austere she was following the death of Jesus, very little by way of offerings are necessary in your work with her. Perfume can be left by her Holy Card or statue, although this speaks more to her sinning rather than her Saintly days. Red dyed eggs are also a possibility, refering to her presence at the Resurrection of Christ.

In Prayer, there are Rosaries and Novenas to St-Mary Magdalene that you can be inspired by. A prayer to Mary Magdalene that is particularly beautiful, from the Santuário San Rafael Antiochene Catholic church is the following:

Prayer of Mary Magdalene
The Savior has made me worthy,
and knows me very well.
Jesus loves me beyond all measure. I drink from the stream
of Living Water.
I have seen the Lord. Amen.

Although it's completely outside the scope of hoodoo, depending on which gospel you read, some of the ''lost gospels'' which are not officially recognized by the Church consider that Mary Magdalene was actually Christ's wife. In other interpretations, she was considered the wife of John the Baptist. In all of these texts, she was one of Jesus' most important female disciples. Only since scriptural interpretation by the clergy as of approximately 500 AD has she been portrayed as a prostitute.

Blessings and Best of Luck in your work with Her.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue May 29, 2012 9:28 am

Mary Magdalene is associated with spikenard, so you can use that oil.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

psychic kitty

Unread post by psychic kitty » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:42 am

Is there a particular day of the week that is best to burn her candles? I am feeling compelled to work with her...will check in my reading to be sure, but the thought is there for me. I saw her likeness at our cathedral yesterday---there is a wonderful mural of a multitude of saints portrayed at Our Lady of the Angels here in L.A.-and her image drew me in. Thanks.
It's a bittersweet symphony, this life...

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:46 am

You can work any saint on Sunday if you dont know their particular day of the week.

And I LOVE that mural too psychic kitty. Its soo beautiful!
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:58 am

Hi psychic kitty,

Personally I'd work with Saint Mary Magdalene Sunday as starsinthesky7 suggested or Monday in reference to Mary's witnessing of the resurrection as written in John 20:1-2:

Early on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb while it was still dark. When she saw that the large stone had been moved away from the tomb, she ran to Simon Peter and the follower whom Jesus loved. Mary said, "They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don't know where they have put him."

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Mitzi

Unread post by Mitzi » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:48 am

Thank you, St Mary Magdalene.
Thank you St. Helen and The Blessed Virgin Mary!

Marie Laveau

Unread post by Marie Laveau » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:33 am

Mary Magdalene was the one who loved Jesus fiercely.

I consider her his wife, the most importat female follower and disciple and even I say that she was one apostle more.
I travelled to south of France to follow her steps, I am a truly deep devotee of her.

She is also holy patron of hairdressers, perfume makers, the fashion; she has been considered as a very beautiful woman and even earthly and a down to earth woman; I mean: she loves whatever linked to earth pleasures, so you can offer her perfumes, sweet or chocolates.
There is a church in Mexico where she is offered a new dress every time she perfoms a miracle.

I always go to her church on her day, on the 22nd of July. Last summer, I was there and as I could not forget an ex lover of mine, I asked her to have contact with me because he literally disapeared. I loved him desperately.

7 days later my ex lover texted me, he did on Saint Martha's day, on 29thJuly.

Was literally magical.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Religious Goods and Altar Tools in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure”