Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Hyssop Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
path2success

Unread post by path2success » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:29 pm

For the Hyssop herb is it ok to just use the hyssop bath crystals or is it mandatory to boil the herb and use tht water?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:07 pm

The herb tea is more concentrated but less easy to use. Why do you think either would be "mandatory"? This is domestic folk magic, not the law.

Folk magic is more like art and music than it is like the law.

Let's look at an example:

Is it "mandatory" to make a cake from your grandmother's recipe? No, you can use MY grandmother's recipe!

Is it "mandatory" to bake the cake from scratch? No, you can buy a mix and bake it from that.

You can even go to a bakery and buy a completely baked cake.

Which recipe or method of cake-acquisition produces the cake that you like best?

Well, taking into account such things as preparation time, convenience of ingredient assembly, the cost of ingredients, your baking skill level, your level of pleasure in baking, and your personal preferences in flavour nuances -- you'd have to make your on decision. :-)
catherine yronwode

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:29 pm

Thanks Ms Cat! The analogy made it very clear :) ,I'll go with the crystals for now, One step easier!

movingmountains

Unread post by movingmountains » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:31 am

Hi guys,

I was wondering what type of protection i can use at home.

Would a hyssop tea work? What type of Hyssop would you use for a bath? Would Hyssop oil do?

Any other suggestions in ADDITION to hyssop, for a bath?

Thanks!!

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator
Re: Hyssop

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:42 am

Hi moving mountains.

Hyssop is for cleansing. You make a tea and add it to Chinese Wash.
http://www.luckymojo.com/chinesewash.html
It smells great.

For protection, try Lucky Mojo Fiery Wall of Protection Products:
http://www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html
LM Fiery wall is a MUST have!!!
I hope this helps you.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:08 am

Just to be clear, hyssop is not used for protection. It is used for cleansing, purification, uncrossing, that type of thing. Same with Chinese Wash. You could add condition oils (such as Fiery Wall) to these while bathing or washing down your home, but I would recommend following up with some additional protection work.

I would also recommend rue. Also, you can always petition St. Michael for general protection of yourself and home. Some people place his prayer card above their front door for such purposes.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:09 am

Stars is right -- read your Bible. Psalm 51. Depending on the translation, you will see Cleanse me with Hyssop or Purge me with Hyssop. The Hyssop herb is used to remove sin, that is, to wash away the effects of our our own human practices and mental attitudes that have brought us out of grace with God.

HER-HYS-LEAF
Hyssop Leaf
$3.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

movingmountains

Unread post by movingmountains » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:00 am

Do you sell ammonia?

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:04 am

movingmountains

Unread post by movingmountains » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:11 am

Im looking to cleanse. I have done some negative work and need to cleanse.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:14 am

movingmountains, read cat's pages about cleansing http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

movingmountains

Unread post by movingmountains » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:00 am

Thanks everyone!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:08 pm

If you want to cleanse away your involvement from a spell, then dismantle any work that you have in your possession, and dispose of the remains in the proper fashion. Then take a bath or series of baths in hyssop herb. Pray the 51st Psalm as you do so , and pray that the stain of the work be removed from you.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.

CuriousKate

Unread post by CuriousKate » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:30 am

I really don't care if it's ethical or not just so long as it gets me what I want.

I really don't take the time to think things through.

Anyway after I did a specific spell I did have a rash of bad luck.

I don't want to dismantle the spell but I just don't want to keep the consequences.

My questions:

How do I cleanse myself from sin or this bad luck or whatever you want to call it?

Is there anyway that I can possibly keep the spell but clean away the bad luck and negative energies involved?

Are there any herbs that I can use as a substitute for rue and hyssop, neither of which I have. (I read that rosemary and a pinch of black pepper can be used as a substitute for rue, but what can be used as a substitute for hyssop? I read that lavender can be used but I don't have any lavender.)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:57 am

Curious Kate, when we perform spells, we generally follow a time-honoured order of business. For instance to cast a curse or to jinx someone or cross them up, we prepare to perform the justified spell of vengeance, then cast it in a justified manner, then clean up after our work (not to remove the spell, as you thought -- but rather to get the mess out of your house, you know, like cleaning the dishes after you cook dinner!) and then bathe with Hyssop and recite Psalms 51 to remove any sin from possibly asking for something out of line, just from bad-temperedness instaead of from a position of justification.

If you cannot follow this sequence, perhaps because casting a justified curse is all too new to you, i suggest you hire one of the rootworkers at AIRR who does ten-minute readings for ten dollars to talk you through the work step by step until you get the picture.

As for offering you "substitutes" for Rue and Hyssop, well, in the first place, Hyssop is as popular as it is for ONE REASON -- because it is cited BY NAME in Psalms 51, the very Psalm recommended to you for taking off sin, so, no, there is no substitute for that.

The idea of substituting Lavender for Rue is ridiculous. too. Lavender is for friendship and love, especially gay love -- but Rue is used to protect against the evil eye and it is very popular in Mediterranean and Latin American countries.

The idea of substituting Red Pepper and Red Pepper for Rue makes what i call "half-sense," because Red Pepper and Red Pepper are employed for protection -- but the concept of protection associated with Red Pepper and Black Pepper comes from another culture (African and African-American) and the protection they offer is largely against foot track magic. So Red Pepper and Black Pepper are not a "substitute" for Rue but rather an entirely different protection herb combination from an entirely different area of the world for an entirely different condition. A better substitute for Rue in its role as an evil eye protector is Aspand (called "Syrian Rue") -- it is from the Middle East and South Asia and is also used against the evil eye.

HER-HYS-LEAF
Hyssop Leaf
$3.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Then, in the second place, your question about "substitutes" is a kinda weird question to ask us, since this is the forum of a shop that sells Rue and Hyssop and almost 200 other magical herbs, roots, and minerals. We are here to serve our customers, and to teach them how to use the supplies and products.

So, here are the pictures of the packages, and you can click on the blue "Add to Cart" buttons and order them! Your IP address indicates that you are located in the state of Georgia -- so, if you wanted to, you could order those herbs at a mere $3.00 per packet plus shipping, and you would probably have them in a week. But, frankly, i would skip the Rue -- what you need is Hyssop and Uncrossing Bath Crystals, in my opinion.

HER-RUE-LEAF
Rue Leaf (Ruda, Ruta)
$3.50

Best of luck to you!
catherine yronwode

libbinbelle

Re: Hyssop Questions and Answers

Unread post by libbinbelle » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:23 pm

I agree that Hyssop and Rue are very good to use for uncrossing.
To head that off ahead of time--
As a singer, I have to post pictures of myself online, is there someway I can add something to them, a symbol or using photo shop that only I know is there but will keep anyone from being able to use it against me in some rootwork?
Thanks!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:28 am

Hi libbinbelle,

keeping yourself well cleansed and protected is one of the best ways to stay clear from others' roots. Although not strictly hoodoo, you could watermark your photos with a protection/reversal sigil or seal.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:12 pm

You can also five spot your online pictures with Fiery Wall of Protection.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

DeborahHarris
Hyssop Bath After Cursing

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:52 pm

I just wanted to know if I can use the glass encased offeratory candles as the two candles on each side of my tub during the hyssop bath cleansing after dark work. If so, how long do I let them burn after stepping out of the tub. Do I leave them there burning until they burn out or pinch them out after I step out of the tub? Thanks.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Hyssop Bath After Cursing

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Sure, no problem.
catherine yronwode

Temont

Unread post by Temont » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:19 pm

Okay... so you can use Chinese Wash in your cleansing bath too?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:22 am

Yes you can, a small capful works wonders Temont.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:51 am

Definitely a small capful will work, just don't go too overboard adding the Chinese Wash to your baths! :)
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Temont

Unread post by Temont » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:01 pm

Thanks

aspirant4

Hyssop bath

Unread post by aspirant4 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:10 am

Hi All,
Do i mix the tea I prepare to the bath tub and soak in the bath tub - like a usual bath (not shower).
Or is the tea added to water in a bucket and then you take the water from the bucket with a mug and pour it over you so the water goes down the drain as you pour it over you?

I am confused because one post says pour the water from head to toe and other post says use a wash cloth dipped in hyssop bath water on yourself only upwards.

Should I throw the basin along with bath water at the cross roads or just the water? (Probably a dumb question..sorry...but if i take it in a small plastic container, i can throw it as well.)

Where can I get spring water or rain water?
Can I use regular tap water?

Thank You.

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator
Re: Hyssop bath

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:38 am

--aspirant 4,

Tradiionally, a hyssop bath is a pouring bath, not a soaking bath. You would pour it over your head an odd number of times (3 for instance) while reciting the 51st Psalm. I would suggest stopping your tub, so that you can collect sone of the bath tea, for disposal.

You wash upwards to draw things to you. As a hyssop bath is used to cleanse yourself of sin, washing downwards is appropriate.

No dumb questions. You need only throw the water. There's no reason to litter.

If you can't collect natural water, you can buy spring water from most grocery stores. Tap water isn't ideal, but it'll do in a pinch.

I hope this helps.
Two-Headed Doctor

aspirant4

Re: Hyssop bath

Unread post by aspirant4 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:57 am

Thank You very much.

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:11 am

Hyssop leaf is better dried or fresh from the tree ?

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:23 am

I like to include hyssop in my generic cleansing activities (baths, candles, smoking, etc.), in order to remove any evil or negativity I've brought upon myself through my own thoughts/actions. That way, I rid myself of self-created messes along with external stuff.
"Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness."
-Proverbs 8:18

Ronen

Unread post by Ronen » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:45 pm

Question. When may be crossed, hexed or jinxed, is there any added "spiritual" benefit to regularly consuming Hyssop tea? I mean, bathing in the tea I understand as removing it off of you in a ritualistic way "outside" of your body, but what about possible demonic issues, or something that is indeed trying to maintain grasp of the person from within? Is drinking the tea and letting it go through your system internally beneficial for removal of evil conjures?

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Hello, Ronen,
I personally drink teas for cleansing. I drink teas for other reasons too.
Some of them are so delicious also!
Just make sure that you read all instructions before ingesting any herbal tea to make sure that they are safe to drink (and a safe amount).
Take care!!

AStarIsBorn

Did hyssop bath last night. This morning...

Unread post by AStarIsBorn » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:45 pm

I woke up and went to the ladies' room. After, I washed my hands and face. I turned to the mirror closest to me and breathed outward ( I don't know why). What came out was as if I was outside in cold weather, because you could SEE it. The fist one was larger, fuller than the second one. I live in a (very) warm climate, there was NO reason for this.

I've done sea salt baths before and this has never happened. I know someone put something on me (and who), but this is the first hyssop bath I've ever done. And yes, I disposed of a large cup full in a crossroads right after I airdried.

I know I'll be advised to get a reading, but I can't afford one right now because I spent my last amount on LM items (some of which will assist my financial situation that this curse or whatever has affected once they arrive).

I'm not so concerned with what it was since it left my body. I'm more interested in what I can do to stave another attack off. I do have enough hyssop left for another bath). I'm dedicated to doing what I need to do in all areas to maintain results.

Thank you!
Thank you Miss Cat & Miss Aida
Thank you to all who contribute
Special thank you to St. Expedite

MoonBreath
Re: Did hyssop bath last night. This morning...

Unread post by MoonBreath » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:37 pm

Maybe NOTHING left your body. Perhaps a spirit was just in the room with you. Ghosts can make room temperature colder, so that your warm breath can be seen. Just a thought ....

j82

Unread post by j82 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:40 pm

If being attacked then you need to cleanse you, your home, your stuff and then protect it. there are many spells in cats book, and her free online book on how to use herbs, oils or roots to do this. Such as hyssop, uncrossing, and followed with fiery wall. You can pray to St michael if you work with saints. sprinkle herbs in the yard, buy rail road nails and nail down the yard, put your photo in a mirror reflecting outward so all negativity and work goes back etc. just a start and I think you get the idea

AStarIsBorn

Unread post by AStarIsBorn » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:53 pm

I had been breathing normally and if it was something in the room making it colder, I would have seen my breath before then (there is a mirror that spans the entire length and more than half the height of one wall in addition to the one I looked into). I also would have noticed the bathroom being colder when I entered it or becoming colder while I was in it.

ETA:j82, I actually did my hyssop bath after cleaning the house with ammonia.

I do appreciate the time you took to contribute!

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Hello, MarcelosSB,
This could have been something negative that has just left you after the cleansing
I would wait and see if things change for the better.
If not, let us know and then we can make further suggestions.
Take care

AStarIsBorn

Unread post by AStarIsBorn » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Yes, things are better already. In fact, I had health concerns due to whatever was placed on me and now they are all gone. I can feel it in me, as well. I'm not as anxious and worried. I am going to do ongoing maintenance as to not let anyone get a foothold on me again.

Besides cleaning my house with the ammonia and the hyssop bath, what should I put on my regular schedule? TIA!

MoonBreath

Unread post by MoonBreath » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:38 pm

It's great to hear you are feeling better. :) Different people have different routines. More cleansing and protection work is needed when you are under attack usually and less when things are rocking along ok. There have been discussions on here about the subject. Most certainly get some Chinese Wash!

Open the windows to let any bad escape. Clean with Chinese Wash. You can add bath crystals or bath waters to the mop bucket if you want ( like Uncrossing or Jinx Killer ). I like to use Uncrossing Incense in the cleansing process as well - the smoke gets into nooks and crannies. You need a white candle with ...say Blessing Oil to seal each room. You need Florida Water or Protection Oil to seal the windows. You may want Blessing or Money Drawing Products, etc. to attract good things after the home is cleansed and protected.

Some folks do a full blown House Cleanse monthly, some every 6 months .... it depends on your situation. Many of us spike our regular cleaning products & toiletries with Uncrossing or Cast Off Evil, etc... to keep things "nice" between major cleansings. Many folks seem to use incense weekly.... I do not, but maybe I should. The CLeansing threads will give you tons of ideas. Hope this helps. ;)

AStarIsBorn

Unread post by AStarIsBorn » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:59 am

Thanks so much, I already have Chinese Wash on my shopping list. LOL. I've dropped off on my sage smudging, I'll do that today after leaving the windows open for a while. I'm off to do some Cleansing reading now! :lol:

Lizanne

When you're allergic to Hyssop...

Unread post by Lizanne » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:50 pm

I know, right?

So after the mess I got myself in, I washed myself down with a blessed salt and oil mix I usually use for healing, house cleansings, etc, because I can't do it with Hyssop. I have a ridiculous skin sensitivity and unfortunately it's one of the herbs it reacts badly too. Is there anything else apart from Hyssop I can use for cleansing/protection after work?

Thanks,
L.

Miss Aida
Re: When you're allergic to Hyssop...

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:48 pm

Hello, Lizanne ,

I have moved and merged this post. Please use the search engine.

Here is a link for herbs that can help you: www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

And here's a wonderful page that Miss cat wrote on protection: www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html

Take care

Lizanne

Unread post by Lizanne » Mon May 25, 2015 10:10 am

Hi, Miss Aida,

Thank you for those links - Seems a sea salt and rosemary bath, with a dash of blessed oil, works well enough. Stupid immune system :)

Thank again

L

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue May 26, 2015 4:03 am

Hi Lizanne,

You may want to add a splash of Holy Water when you need added protection. For cleansing, a capful of Four Thieves or Apple Cider Vinegar is another optional add-in.

Blessings.

Owlsee

Hyssop bath vs shower

Unread post by Owlsee » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:50 pm

I have a friend who needs to do an uncrossing / hex removal bath with hyssop, with cups of water that the hyssop was steeped in for a while. Of course the hot water is given time to cool down before pouring.

She doesn't have a bath tub where she lives.

1) Can she pour hyssop water over herself in the shower as an option?

2) If so, is there a number of time that she does a pour?

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:03 pm

Hello, Owlsee ,

Yes, of course you can!

Your answers are right here (and even address your specific questions)

www.luckymojo.com/baths.html

Wishing you the very best

take care

cactusrose

Unread post by cactusrose » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:11 pm

This may be 100% the wrong forum for this and I completely apologize if it is, but I needed to ask. I brewed Hyssop tea to cleanse in today (for the first time ever) and after pouring it over my head my hair (which is typically very curly and frizzy) looks phenomenal. The curls are so bouncy and smooth (a la Shirley Temple) and it just generally looks so nice. Like I said this may be the completely wrong place to ask, but I was so curious if Hyssop had any beauty benefits in addition to its use in cleansing and purifying.

coastwitch

Unread post by coastwitch » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:18 pm

cactusrose --

There are a number of herbs that have a reputation for helping hair. For darker hair, Rosemary and Hyssop are two good ones. People with blonde hair like Chamomile.
coastwitch

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:05 pm

Hello, cactusrose and Coastwitch,

I didn't know this!

Thanks so very much for sharing!

It's amazing how we learn something new everyday

Thanks!

loyal_stranger

Unread post by loyal_stranger » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:20 pm

So.... probably a dumb question. But I was told to cleanse myself with Hyssop tea. I did some reversing work tonight so I felt like it was a good opportunity to do that. I made the tea and drank about half of it (with honey and lemon) before I was looking online for how else to use it and realized I'm supposed to put the tea in the bath or a floor wash, not necessarily drink it. Boy, I wish I had seen that beforehand, I am not tea person and it was awful haha. Anyway so I still have half this mug of tea left, could I use it in my bath in the morning? It has honey and lemon in it is my only concern. Thanks!

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:41 pm

Hello loyal_stranger,

Some people do drink a little hyssop tea as part of spiritual bathing with hyssop, to clean inside as well as outside. You didn't hurt anything by drinking it. I'd say to mix up a new batch of herb tea and use that in your bath if you're worried about getting sticky.

Good luck!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”