• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:57 pm

North Asian Magic by David Borji Shi Questions and Answers

Discussiona about hoodoo and conjure spell books, instruction books, grimoires, and books on magic and spirituality.

North Asian Magic by David Borji Shi Questions and Answers

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:51 pm

BOO-FLS-NORT
North Asian Magic, by David Borji Shi
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

"North Asian Magic: Spellcraft from Mongolia, Manchuria, and Siberia" by David Borji Shi will be released by YIPPIE (The Yronwode Institution for the Preservation and Popularization of Indigenous Ethnomagicology) in May, 2016. Free copies will be included in the goody-bags distributed to all attendees at the February 14 - 15, 2016 Hoodoo Heritage Festival in Forestville, California, and David will be teaching a workshop on the subject as well. After that, the book goes on sale to the general public, via Lucky Mojo, Amazon, and metaphysical shops around the country.

Here is a topic you will not want to miss -- folk magic from Mongolia, Manchuria, and Siberia, the real deal, and plenty of it in a straightforward, practical, and fascinating package for only $9.00.

CONTENTS

Dedication and Acknowledgements 4
A Definition of Siberia and North Asia 5
Historical and Cultural Background of North Asia 6
Mongolia 7
Manchuria 9
Siberia 12
Tungus Siberia 12
Mongolic Siberia 14
Turkic Siberia 15
East Asian Influences 17
Buddhist Influences 17
Slavic and Other Influences 17
General Magical Concepts and Tools of North Asia 18
The Shaman 18
The Windhorse 20
Fire 21
Water 21
Energy Manipulation 22
Plants 23
Animals 24
Personal Concerns 25
Mirrors 25
Bow and Arrow 26
Musical Instruments 26
Serjim: Spells of Scattering and Pouring 27
Divination Methods of North Asia 30
Gazing 30
Fire 30
Natural Phenomena 31
Prayer Beads 31
Bones (Shagai) 32
Coins 34
Pebbles 35
Blessings and General Luck Spells 36
Cleansing and Healing Spells 45
Protection Spells 54
Love, Sex, and Family Spells 64
Prosperity and Abundance Spells 71
Punitive, Destructive, and War Magic 82
Miscellaneous Spells 87
A Final Word 95
Bibliography 96
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: North Asian Magic by David Borji Shi Questions and Answers

Unread postby coastwitch » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:49 am

This looks very interesting, and the cover art is quite intriguing. I have never seen a book on North Asian magic, and know nothing about is, soI will be buying this when it comes out. I liked YIPPIE's "Trolldom" book from a couple of years ago (on Scandinavian magic) and I like the way YIPPIE is publishing these introductions to the folk magic of various cultures. What's next. I wonder -- ?
coastwitch
coastwitch

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:37 pm

North Asian Magic by David Shi went to the printers this morning! It is a brand-new look at a culture whose magical traditions run deep and whose geographc region is enormous! If you are a student of world culture and folk magic, North Asian Magic will open your eyes to a world of beliefs, practices, and customs that will blow your mind -- look for it on sale in Mid-May! Thanks to all who helped behind the scenes, including Michele Jackson on illustrations, Grey Townsend on cover design and composition, Nagasiva Yronwode on production, and Charles Porterfield and Papa Newt on proofreading! Huzzah!

This is the second book to be published by YIPPIE as part of our world-wide survey of practical folk-magic spells from various cultures. North Asian Magic is a book that you will find fascinating and eye-opening because of the previously undocumented territory it encompasses — but even more, it is a valuable grimoire ready for you to put to immediate use in your own magical work. Add a little North Asian spice to your spells -- you'll be glad you did! On sale in mid-May!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

North Asian Magic Book

Unread postby sinratensei » Sat May 07, 2016 5:21 am

My family never told me much about their past, but my grandmother did tell me some information about festivals and courtship beliefs. I have never travelled to where they came from, so I thank you for this book on North Asian Magic.
sinratensei

Unread postby DavidJShi311 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:25 pm

If you don't mind me asking, where does your family come from? North Asia is a very broad region and my book tends to focus on certain areas a bit more than others; in addition to what's in my book, I may be able to help you shed some light on folk practices of your ancestors' region(s).
DavidJShi311

Unread postby senjuhasirama » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:47 am

I ordered North Asian magic a while ago but did not have time to read it until this week. It is a short book filled with folkloric treasures. These spells and rituals are never going to become common magic in America, so thanks to the Yronwode Institution for taking the risk to publish something for a small audience. It is greatly appreciated.
senjuhasirama

Unread postby DavidJShi311 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:41 pm

Thank you for the kind review! :)
DavidJShi311

Unread postby DavidJShi311 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:22 pm

FYI, the official Facebook page for this book is www.facebook.com/NorthAsianMagic

Please consider liking the page if you want or enjoy the book; you will receive updates now and then with information, pictures, and videos that are related to topics discussed in the book.
DavidJShi311

Unread postby invizweb » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:56 am

Mr. Shi, I am so far on the 18th page of what is an excellent book. Your book, a book I have been waiting for a long time for: a book on folk magic in Asia. Thank you. I will see you on Facebook.
invizweb

• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to Books, Pamphlets, Instruction Manuals, and Grimoires in Hoodoo