• Advertisement
Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:25 am

Crossroads and Crossroads Ritual: Questions and Answers

Re: Crossroads and Crossroads Ritual: Questions and Answers

Unread postby asturias » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:03 am

Hello to all.
Please indulge this rather complex question.
I have recently received the information that some hoodoo workers conceive the usage of burning candles in a triangle in spells is a manner of confirming and strengthening it by putting it under the influence of the Holy Trinitity - Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
Would the 5 spot pattern then be a mean of strengthening the work by putting it under the influence of the spiritual force of the crossroads? To fix it's strength into the work?
Furthermore, I have seen references on Conjureman Ali's blog to offerings given to the "spirit of the crossroads", and that he meant in actual hoodoo. Would that that spirit be - and thus be the one called upon, when one uses the 5 spot pattern - "the black man of the crossroads" himself? Is he seen in hoodoo as the spirit that rules over the crossroads, or is he merely a spirit that may be called upon in the crossroads?
asturias

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:27 pm

Hello, asturias ,

"Yes" to all your questions.

Good thinking!

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby asturias » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:44 pm

Those might seem like very obvious associations, but my surprise lies in the fact that it is used so often. I have some background in african diasporic practices, and in such this spiritual force is called upon with much parsimony - granted that hoodoo is entitled to having perspectives of it's own mind, but still. I can imagine - please enlighten me, if I'm wrong - that using the 5 spot pattern isn't precisely asking something of the Black Man, but merely confirming the work through this sign, which represents some continuous, ongoing, long-term work with such spirit. A sign to represent the spiritual contact one reaches in crossroads, the spiritual qualities one receives from such contact. Does this seem reasonable at all? Does it make any sense in the hoodoo context? Much obliged. Pardon me for the lack of paragraphs. I am currently typing from my phone.
asturias

Unread postby asturias » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:56 pm

I meant to say called upon with parsymony for the interest of general spells. There are peculiar spells that are to be accomplished directly under his influence, asking him things etc. But the most usual way to work is to ask him for road opening and strength, but from time to time - in a domestic cult, that is. Religious houses care for him a lot more. And unless we'd refer to quimbanda, of course, which works solely with eshus. So to me it would like as if everytime someone uses the 5 spot, it would be an equivalent to the crossroads ritual itself, in hoodoo. Which is not, right? Which leads back to the inquiries in my previous post.
asturias

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:38 pm

Hello, asturias ,

Your questions are getting very detailed for this forum. I LOVE your thinking, but there's no space (or time) to get into a deep conversation about this here.

The 5 spot is a representation. The man at the crossroads is at the crossroads.

You might want to consider taking Miss cat's Hoodoo Correspondence Course and then that could be discussed in further detail.

I love your deep thinking. And I love your interest.

Looks like you have the makings of an EXCELLENT rootworker.

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby asturias » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:58 pm

Thank you, ma'am. That was very kind of you to say. Yes, I have been saving money for the required purchases before applying. As I live in a foreign country, I would like to get all of it at once, so I don't have to wait three months each time I order a book. C'est la vie. :)
asturias

Street,park, etc?

Unread postby AJxoxo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:51 am

Hello!

I'm sorry if this has been answered already.

1. Does it have to be a four way street or can it be like a four way trial? (Like in a park)
I'm just trying to figure out where I can go that will be more secluded.

2. Also, does it have to be for one skill at a time?
I want to improve my singing, that is my main goal. But what if I brought my keyboard and sang as well?

Again, thank you so much for your help you guys!
AJxoxo

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:26 pm

Hello, AJxoxo ,

No, a park trail doesn't count.

Also, keyboard and singing is fine.

I'd love to hear you myself!

Good luck!
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby norwester » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:37 pm

I am a painter, not a musician. But I wish I could write better desciptions for my paintings, and so I went out to see if I could connect with the man at the crossroads. I was there a bit, took some candy and sat at a corner near the Plaid Pantry near my house. There is a bench across the street from the store, so I sat there. The one thing I kept seeing was large tricked out black trucks. There were three that went by. I live in a sort of red-neck town in Oregon so that isn't all that unusual, except there was three and they were all black. But the cops kept coming by too, and I felt uneasy about them so after the third cop car I left a couple snickers and some change for the man at the crossroads and went back into the neighborhood behind. Where I saw a skunk. There are skunks in my neighborhood, but it kind of struck me, the black and white along with the police cars. Anyway. I walked to the corner closest to my own home and stopped there to think. Something came to me, and I hope I can convey it. The idea of being a spirit, or an entity, that wants to help people, and particularly help the poor. And how sometimes that help is through the enhancement of artistic skill. How sometimes that is the only way to get the attention of people who are wealthy-to attract them through artistic means. I thought about Jimi Hendrix, Basquait, Janis Joplin. How it would be to care about the artistic poor, and how it would be to want to help them and then how it would be if those gifts were also difficult for those people to handle in a healthy way. I felt this, and I saw another big, black tricked out truck. Then I went home and saw two shooting stars. So..I want to be an honoring person with the spiritual connections I make. I am trying to learn. So that's what I leave here.
norwester

Unread postby Sister Jean » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Hello norwester, thank you for sharing your experiences :)
Thank you, St. Michael, St. Expedite and La Santisima Muerte!

HRCC #1590G
Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Oya Khus » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:00 am

Greetings all!

I've read all the replies in this thread, as well as the full page on crossroads. I am unable to go to a crossroad at this time for several reasons: I still live with anti-magick family after a huge financial downfall; my mom has been more open to my magical practices, but since she's already been on the receiving end of Obeah and miscarried my sister when she lived back home in the Caribbean, I would rather not have the conversation of why I'm leaving the house at midnight to practice hoodoo; the security system beeps at every opened door and window; I live in a predominantly white neighborhood whose residents call the cops for EVERYTHING (or they are the cops and FBI agents smh); my ritual involves being vocal, and doing so under my breath I feel I would not be taken seriously.

So with all that being said, I've concluded that a portable crossroad may be my next option. My question: If I leave my window open and work at my altar or go in the backyard to lay my points, could the signs/dark man come to me in dreams? There's also a huge open field behind the house I could chance going to (hopefully gators sleep at night haha). I'm embarrassed to say that, at 28 years old, I'm not yet fully independent to leave the house and do as I please. Hence the desire to do this work. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until I'm able. Le sigh.. I judge myself.

I'm grateful for any insight.
Oya Khus

Unread postby natstein » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:16 pm

Hello Oya Khus,

Ultimately you can decide to approach this situation however you want. However I do not believe if you use some kind of portable crossroads that you will get the result of meeting the dark man spoken about in hoodoo. Part of this ritual is about going out to the crossroads. You may be able to entice some kind of tutelary spirit with what you are describing but it will not be a crossroads spirit found in hoodoo and what you will be doing will really just be a hoodoo inspired ritual. I am sorry that you are in such a situation that you do not have complete autonomy. I would recommend doing some work for you to have more independence and once you have achieved a level of independence that would allow you to go to the crossroads without some of these concerns then proceed with the ritual.

Peace~

Nathen
natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Oya Khus » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:22 pm

Hi Nathen,

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely be doing some work towards more independence. This new moon is perfect for it.

Blessings
Oya Khus

Unread postby Tara » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:50 am

Our town uses traffic circles for anything that isn't a T intersection. Any take on how those are handled from a hoodoo / crossroads perspective?
Tara

Unread postby Sister Jean » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Hello Tara,

I don't think a traffic circle would work as a crossroads in a hoodoo sense. The first sentence on Lucky Mojo's piece about crossroads says the roads must cross each other at right angles:

http://www.luckymojo.com/crossroads.html

For you, you may just have to travel a little farther to find a crossroads of this type. Good luck!

HRCC #1590G
Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby littlewing » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:38 pm

Would a crossroads in a park work? I ask because some moderators say it is ok and some say it isn't. I live in a city so a park crossroads is the safest option.

Thank you.
Thank you Saint Expedite, St. Joseph, and St. Jude
Thank you Miss Aida and Aura
littlewing

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Hello, Littlewing,

Of course!

Take a look at the picture in the mid right hand side of this page:

www.readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Cate ... Crossroads

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Aeon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:04 am

I have a few options for a crossroads to dispose of the remains of a road opener spell and possibly future workings. There is a busy crossroads in the city centre, lots of traffic here and people. I would not easily get the the very centre of it but can crosss at the lights. Then there is another crossroads in the centre but theis is easier to walk through as it is for pedestrains but there is still cars at delivery times to the shops here. The last one I can think of is in a park with trees and ruins of a cathedral, this is made of paths, no cars go down here. It is more quite and peaceful but is it a crossroads?

Which of these is the better choice?

Thanks in advance
Aeon

Unread postby littlewing » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:49 am

Thanks Miss Aida!
Thank you Saint Expedite, St. Joseph, and St. Jude
Thank you Miss Aida and Aura
littlewing

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:12 am

Aeon --

Every one of the places you described is a crossroads. Please see these articles written by myself and Professor Porterfield for more help understanding:

Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers: The Crossroads
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... Crossroads

Hoodoo in Theory and Practice: The Crossroads in Hoodoo Magic and the Ritual of Selling Yourself to the Devil
http://luckymojo.com/crossroads.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Aeon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Thank you Miss Cat, I am clear about it now :D
Aeon

Unread postby Shutter » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:33 am

For knowledge, does this mean 3 consecutive midnight nights, or 3 Sunday's at midnight?

"356. Now de fo'ks of de road -- now, in case dis is whut chew wanta do, if yo' wanta learn hoodooism. See, if you wanta learn hoodooism, you go to de fo'ks of de road. Go dere -- yo' leave home zactkly five minutes of twelve an' have yo' a fo'k. Git chew a bran'-new silver fo'k an' git to de fo'ks of de road an' git down on your knees an' stick dat fo'k in de groun'; see, an' anything on earth yuh wants tuh learn an' know, things will come 'fore yo' an' tell yo' what to do. See. But chew got'a be dere zactly twelve 'clock -- go dere de third day but it's got'a be in de night, twelve 'clock in de night.
[Mobile, Alabama, (656),937:3).]"
Shutter

Unread postby Sister Jean » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:12 am

Hello Shutter,

That account doesn't seem to mention anything about Sunday; to me, it sounds like they're talking about three consecutive nights.

HRCC #1590G
Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Shutter » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Thank you muchly. Before I go off finding my fork would you mind giving me an educated opinion as to what night to start of the week?
Shutter

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:13 pm

Hello, Shutter,

The informants tell you this here:

www.luckymojo.com/crossroads.html

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Shutter » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:20 pm

Thanks, I know that it kind of depends on the informant.
Shutter

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Shutter, no folk tradition, whether ethnomusical or ethnomagical, is predicated upon authority. The knowledge is held within a community, but fluid and variable.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Shutter » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:39 pm

Understood, thank you.
Shutter

Unread postby Shutter » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:45 pm

Couldn't figure out how to edit last post...wanted to update and see if there was any feedback. Last night went out with my fork and got down on my knees and waited. Didn't see anything black including weather (though it's dog gonnit cold outside here in IL), tonight returned and offered up some blue'd Florida Water for it's association with spirits as well as put my fork down on my knees again. The clouds were 'black'-ish, much less clear than last night, but no wildlife, no people, just the occasional suburbanite passing through the crossroads I decided on. Hoping tomorrow the spirit comes...I assume I should keep going until he appears...or should I? Sorry to be a bother, y'all are far more experienced on these topics yet than I am and I'm just tryin' to do my best.
Shutter

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Hello, Shutter ,

If and when he feels that you're ready to see him, then it will happen.

Also, be aware that colors of vehicles could also be a representation.

Just relax. He'll probably show up when you least expect it

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Shutter » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:45 pm

Thank you for the support. I'm burning some candles and getting ready to go back out tonight. And thank you for the vehicle info! I'll keep an extra eye out.
Shutter

Using Hoodoo to enhance skills

Unread postby MalikArcano » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:09 pm

Are there any rituals, or spells that you have heard of used to enhance skills? For example if one wanted to learn to sing and dance, is there anything magical one could do to enhance these skills?
MalikArcano

Unread postby Jmeister » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:50 am

My last question, hopefully my last question about this is again about crossroads. Okay say for example I know the direction in which one of my enemies goes to and I put it in the crossroads (on estimate I only have an idea where he lives and what road he takes). If I need to pass/drive through that same road to do other things (visits, groceries, friends etc.), will there be any consequences since I dumped the remains of my reversal?

Thank you Sister Jean for your answers!
Jmeister

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Hello,

Welcome to the forum

Here is a ritual for this very purpose:

www.luckymojo.com/crossroads.html

Also, please read the posts on this thread for ore ideas

Wishing you the best

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:07 pm

Hello, Jmeister ,

There's a problem with looking back as it undermines your work.

So, if you keep going that way and checking it out, that is also undermining and questioning your work

Also, this is a friendly reminder: please post these questions in the correct subforums. This question doe not belong her but in the crossroads thread.

Wishing you the best

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Jmeister » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:53 pm

This helped a lot! Thank you Miss Aida!! I'm committed to proceeding with such a reversal, I'm only doubting of dumping the location of the remains. I sincerely apologize for inputting the wrong questions on this forum.
Jmeister

Unread postby faradurel » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:56 am

Thank you so much for your answer, that helps me so much ! I already read this article. I'm sorry I misplaced my position.

But the crossroads in my city makes me hesitate because none really corresponds to the photographs of the article. Accessible junctions have 3 lanes (outside the city) and 4 lane crossings (in the city) are concreted, bituminous.
What do you think about my third proposal ?
Quite far from a cemetery, but near a former prison, there is a calm crossroads with 3 lanes (not 4) but Is facing a river... This crossroads can form 4 lanes: 3 land roads in Y and a waterway with the river but it does not have an X shape.

Another question please, is it possible that the mind invoked disturbs another target than in my application? A friend who does not interest me at all told me to see a black shadow in the morning waking up ... and seeing that I often talk with her ... I'm afraid: I do not speak anymore with My ex because I read that it was necessary to cut contacts. But it's not her picture that I placed under my candles.

Sorry, but i would like to add three questions if it possible :
When i see photographies in your site, i understand that i must choice a crossroad with four lanes... But you define the crossroads at the beginning of the article as a place where "two roads intersect", is the number of lanes important?
Secondly, must i bury my ashes in the middle of crossroad or can i bury anywhere in this crossroad (Especially for the tarred crossroads where i couldn't dig it) ?
Finally, the roads of the crossroads must necessarily lead to 4 completely different directions (for example, if one of the roads leads to one of the other three)?

once again, thank you so much because, Choosing a crossroads is not as easy as I thought...

I would like to know also I added honey to make an offering in the candle at the end that it burned ... is this a problem?
faradurel

Unread postby natstein » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:29 am

Hello faradurel,

I took your three posts and merged them into one since they are all in relatively the same topic. (minus the burning honey but it was easier to just keep it all together at this point). I then merged your question over into a thread that deals directly with yoru questions about crossroads. In the future if your questions are shifting to a different topic then the thread you are posting on please find the appropriate thread and put your new questions there. It helps us keep the forums organized and allows other forum members to easily find answers to questions we may have already answered.

I would recommend reading over this thread as it will give you lots of information about crossroads and what constitutes a cross road. I would also recommend going to the Luck Mojo's radio show podcast (http://www.luckymojo.com/radioshow.html) and searching for the episodes on crossroads. In short some people would consider a T shape or Y shape intersection a crossroads and others may not.

To the burnt honey, It should not be a problem in particuler. If you put honey next to a flame it will burn. There are folks who can do divination on a candle based on how it burned and the patterns left behind but that is a proffesional service offered by readers at AIRR (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org) so we can not offer a reading for free on the forum.

Peace~

Nathen
natstein
Forum Moderator

Previous

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics