Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Deities, Angels, Spirits, Saints: Questions about Techniques

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Deities, Angels, Spirits, Saints: Questions about Techniques

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun May 09, 2010 10:14 am

I have found what Devi mentoned to be true...and I respect the saint's request. Beach, I work with each of the saints you mentioned but keep them in separate rooms.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

chy clayton s

Unread post by chy clayton s » Sun May 09, 2010 11:08 am

I maintain an All Saints altar, very similar to my ancestor altar, where I honor various saints on their given week days, and specific saints on their feast days. Then, if I want to use a Saint for a work in progress, I move it's statue, diptych, or card to the altar for that work.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun May 09, 2010 12:08 pm

I like that idea chy clayton s...

Beach

Unread post by Beach » Sun May 09, 2010 1:07 pm

I do as well but what do you suggest for when you want to call upon more than one saint for the same work?

I had all four saints on the same altar because it was all for the same work. I have them all separated now as jwmcclin suggested but I am still asking each saint to help me towards the same goal. Also, they must all realize I'm still asking each one for the same thing, even if separated right?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun May 09, 2010 1:48 pm

...that's why I place my Saints in different rooms and probably why chy clayton s places each Saint separately on the altar (if I am understanding the post correctly)...

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun May 09, 2010 9:29 pm

Saints, like other spiritual beings, have their own personalities and preferences. Some don't like sharing altars, some don't like working with others, and some are fine with it. It isn't necessarily a matter of jealousy, but rather some saints are demanding in the faith they require of those who petition them. They want the petitioner to have enough faith that they don't need to go to a dozen saints. Then there is also the matter of individual experience. People will have different experiences with different saints. For example I know one very talented Catholic rootworker who cannot work with Saint Martha and Saint Peter on the same issue. She has to do a divination to see which saint will be willing to aid in that instance. I know yet another who works with both and they even share an altar. So do your divinations and see what you discover.

Also, Malbrough's book is a great introduction to Saint veneration and their role in folk-magick, but approach it with the understanding that Malbrough has a slighly different approach and definition to some of the things than LM and others do here. For example he uses candles like DUME and Black Arts products in reconciliation work, but among rootworkers like myself, or other members of the forum, DUME is a death spell, and Black Arts is used in work spirits of a more volatile nature. Keep in mind the differences and you'll find it a great book.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Beach

Unread post by Beach » Mon May 10, 2010 2:40 am

Thanks everyone for the info and education. I'm going to try to check out that book but in the meantime...

I got up this morning to find my St. Anthony candle burning quite hot & high, so much so that it's leaving soot at the top of the vigil glass. not a lot, but a little. But the others are burning calmly, cleanly & smoothly.

My question - (1) are saint candles subject to the same divination as "purpose" candles, ie like Love Me, Come to Me, meaning that this soot means I'm going to have trouble or (2) if only St. Anthony seems to be running high and leaving sooty marks, may I have offended him? I put him in the living room while I left St. Jude on the altar (splitting them up as jwmcclin suggested). Maybe he feels that St. Jude got a place a preference or something?

thanks....

Beach

Unread post by Beach » Mon May 10, 2010 2:47 am

quick addition to my post -

I switched St. Anthony & St. Jude putting St. Anthony now on the altar (in the kitchen) and St. Jude in the living room.

Within five minutes, St. Anthony's candle calmed down and they are both now burning calmly and normally. coincidence? wow... huh?

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Mon May 10, 2010 8:07 am

I've asked a priest this question for the "official Catholic" answer, actually. He said that there is no limit to the number of saints you can petition, although you always need to be careful to remember that God is the one you're asking the saint to intercede to on your behalf, not the saint himself. The saint doesn't actually have a big Santa Claus list of proposals to bring to God every morning, the saint is simply already in heaven, dedicated to serving God, and has no earthly distractions to keep them from praying with all their souls and with the wisdom to know what to pray for that being a heavenly saint gives them.

I don't know about the folk saints, though. I probably wouldn't test it with Santisme Muerte, St. Expedite, St. Maximon or St. Martha. You can be fairly safe to assume that Anthony, Jude, Christopher and Peter won't have any issues with sharing the load.

Of the saints I've worked with, my main three are St. Luke (patron of artists), St. Benedict (banisher of evil spirits and poison) and St. Michael. Of the three, St. Michael is the only one that has a weird set of personality quirks. He's an angel, and so it stands to figure that his mind doesn't quite work the same as ours. He likes a regular schedule, probably why he's so popular among soldiers and police. But he's also the patron of retailers, which is why I have his medal on hand all the time. If I wear his medal off the clock, I've found that I get really tense and my muscles get tired... he keeps me in soldier mode the whole time.

Luke and Benedict, meanwhile, don't seem to mind.

Does anybody know if the Miraculous Medal has any impact on saint work?
HRCC Student #2174G

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon May 10, 2010 8:27 am

St Expedite and St. Martha are not folk saints - they are regular cannonized Catholic saints.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon May 10, 2010 8:58 am

St. Martha is mentioned in the Bible as a friend of Jesus.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

chy clayton s

Unread post by chy clayton s » Mon May 10, 2010 9:55 am

When I was a kid my grandmother always said "Saint Martin Called Expedite" as she was taught that was his full name.

I frequently use multiple Saints in one rootwork, but I pray to each one seperately with focus and intention, and I rewrite their prayer to mention the other Saints I am working with as well.

example off the top of my head:

Opening Prayer adapted from "The Morning Offering"

O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer Thee my Prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day and hour for all my intentions of Thy Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Spirit, I thank you for standing before the Throne of the Father on my behalf, and I humbly beg you to call out the prayers of St. Anthony, St. Dymphna, and St. Jude this morning. It is with worship and adoration that I, with no right, do ask this favor Oh Lord, in the Name of the Father AND the Son AND the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel

ArchAngel Michael, who defends the innocent, stands by the righteous, and hunts the demons in this world, I come before you desperate and alone. I ask that you will stand beside Our Lord Jesus this morning and argue my case to the very Throne itself. I would ask only that my son, D , be given the strength and courage to fight his very personal demon of addiction today. And, on bended knee, I beg you to protect my son from himself today. In the name of the Father AND the Son AND the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Modified "Unfailing Prayer to St Anthony"

O holy St Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and Charity for his creatures, made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Miracles waited on your word, which you were ever ready to speak for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I implore of you to stand beside St. Jude and St. Dymphna this morning and and pray for my son, D , that his mind be calm and his cravings be muted, that today he can walk with the Lord. And I ask you to whisper guidance to him as you once whispered to the Sweet Infant Jesus, that he might know which path to take to bring him closer to Jesus and stronger in Faith, that one day his addiction will only be a memory best forgotten. The answer to my prayer may require a miracle, even so, you are the Saint of Miracles, only whisper my petition before the throne and the gratitude of my heart will be forever yours. In the name of the Father AND the Son AND the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Modified "Prayer to Saint Dymphna"

Oh Pure and youthful Martyr, who knows the price of obsession and addiction, I stand before you and beg, with tears unshed for grief, I beg that you will pray beside St Anthony and St Jude this morning for my son, D. I am filled of fear for him and ask that you intercede on his behalf, that his demon may be cast off and his mind may be calm. Please fill him with hope, and grant him the relief and cure he so desires. I ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord who suffered in the garden, Amen.

Modified "Prayer to St Jude"

St Jude, Patron of those things despaired of; pray for me, that I may receive the succour of Heaven in my necessities, and please stand strong with St Anthony and St Dymphna this morning and pray for my son, D , that he may walk away from his past and become as a new man with the strength of Faith. I beg you to intercede this day, and I pray for your guidance in this most desperate matter, In the name of the Father AND the Son AND the Holy Ghost. Amen.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon May 10, 2010 1:19 pm

chy clayton s wrote:I frequently use multiple Saints in one rootwork, .
While I'm sure Chy Clayton did not mean to imply this particular impression I thought it best to clear up the word, "use" and the position of saints in Conjure.

Firstly, one does not "use" saints, but rather they are petitioned to come to the aid of the petitioner. The reason one should make a point about this is because there seems to be a prevalant idea that saints are "used" in rootwork, "used" to boost up your work. That is not the case.

Rootwork is part of African-American, Protestant Christianity and as such you don't see that many saints worked with in rootwork. Those that do work with saints come from a Catholic background. The saints belong in this background and shouldn't be removed from it. So for those members who aren't familiar with saint work, try to understand that saints aren't just people you run up to and start demanding what you want, nor are they a cornerstone of conjure, hoodoo, or rootwork, but rather they are part of their own Catholic tradition that some have chosen to adopt.

If you chose to work with saints, wonderful-approach them with respect, give them offerings, build up a relationship with them, one based off of faith and remember their context in the Catholic tradition as cognitivedissonance pointed out.

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Mon May 10, 2010 1:35 pm

In 1962, the official status of "saint" was yanked from Martha, Expedite and Christopher, as well as hundreds of lesser known saints. This doesn't mean the church forbids praying to them for intercession, merely that they are not up to the standards of canonization laid out in Vatican II. The rules for who is and who isn't an "official" saint are ludicrously arcane, the most famous of which are that each saint must have a verifiable minimum of three miracles during their lifetime (post-mortem seems to be an issue but not as vital to the canonization process) and unimpeachable orthodoxy according to the canon law.

Expedite and Christopher are not "official" saints (their historicity is in doubt) and Martha has some problems with the miracle count. Less popular saints got the axe as well.

HOWEVER, there IS flexibility on the parish level, as long as universal orthodoxy is maintained. It's a matter of the Vatican legislating and the bishops executing. Not many bishops are executing the saint cull, especially with the "popular" saints like Expedite and Christopher.

The long story short: The "official" Catholic hierarchy doesn't recognize some saints that are popularly revered, but that doesn't make them any less worthy of veneration. In absolute strict circumstances where everybody is doing their job correctly, you couldn't be baptized with the Christian name "Christopher" anymore (despite "Christ" being in the freakin name!). Good luck finding the priest that much of a stickler to enforce it.*

((I'm not calling out Martha, she's one of those saints the church doesn't know what to do with. Yes, she was in the Bible, but her presentation is not exactly flattering depending on the translation you're reading. She'd probably like that. Mary Magdalene gets better praise than she does.))

*A fun one to bring up is St. Thomas More, the patron saint of lawyers and politicians, and therefore very useful to use in a court case. He was added a few decades ago. He's DEFINITELY not popular among Irish and Irish-Americans due to his lifetime stance of being pro-British conquest. Good luck finding an Irish priest who will bless his medal, even better luck getting St. Brigid or St. Patrick to sign on to assist him.
HRCC Student #2174G

chy clayton s

Unread post by chy clayton s » Mon May 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Good catch, ConjureMan, that was bad english on my part.

Like I said earlier - I have an All Saints altar dedicated to my veneration of the Saints. I am non-Orthodox Copt and not traditional Catholic and my husband is an Anglican Priest - so Saint work is a pretty big part of my life and magic.

When I was a teenager and just breaking with my Romani family, I found a St Anthony statue on the side of the road, he was my only Saint for over a decade.

Anyone starting new to Saint work, start with one and write a personalized prayer for morning and evening. Add in petitions as needed. Give it time until you can feel the mood of the Saint when you approach the altar. Then add a new Saint. My grandmother used to say "Patience is a virtue the Saints appreciate."

AmaSarah

Unread post by AmaSarah » Fri May 14, 2010 2:09 am

Hi, I burned a St. Expedite candle but didn't receive my wish in the time the candle burned down. I now have that glass of water next to the burned out candle.

My questions:
1. If I didnt receive my wish within the burn time, do I take this to mean my wish will not be granted? or do I give it time? how much time?

I ask because,
2. what do I do with the glass of water if my wish is not granted? throw it in a crossroad?

thanks...

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri May 14, 2010 8:31 am

With St.Expedite it's always a good idea to give him a deadline. If your petition is granted by the deadline, then you know he worked for you - if it didn't, he didn't. He doesn't work by the burn time of a candle.

Yes, you can just throw the water at a crossroads at the finish.

AmaSarah

Unread post by AmaSarah » Fri May 14, 2010 9:09 am

Thanks, Devi. but since I didnt give a deadline, do I reburn a new candle but this time stating a definite deadline or do I go back now, to the empty vigil candle and state it now?

thanks...

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri May 14, 2010 9:11 am

You might want to get a yes/no divination to find out if he is willing to work on your petition or not. If yes, then give him a deadline. If not, then look for another way to work for your goal.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat May 15, 2010 9:04 pm

Actually, there is a prayer on the lucky mojo info page that states for St. Expedite to grant your wish before the candle finishes burning. So I would for this one time consider that he did not grant your petition. This is in fact your deadline since that is how you interpreted how he works.

I would give his water back to cross roads, or I would give it back to the earth.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun May 16, 2010 7:42 am

Ah - thanks for that stars. I didn't take into consideration that prayer, as I use a different one. Good to know that there's a prayer with that deadline built in. :)

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Sun May 16, 2010 5:19 pm

great post this is something I was very curious about not long ago, and it is great to see the different opinions
and even better to have all the prayers in one place
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Donnalee2

Unread post by Donnalee2 » Mon May 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Could not resist adding this tidbit to this thread. Last nite a good friend was visiting she is new to hoodoo & has never called upon Saints or Angels before. She was upset because her computer had quit working 2 days now, since she has a majic jack for her phone she was beside herself. She is retired and cannot afford a cell. So she felt lost with no commucation or internet. I asked her if I could help her by calling on the Saints. She agreed. I looked up in my Saint's directory & found Saint Clara who represents television & Arch-Angel Gabriel Who represent radio. I read the bio on both to her so she could become familar with them. I advised her to go home try her computer & if it was still down to unplug it. I gave her a white taper candle & LM All saints oil & explained how to dress it. I then advised her to light it & Pray to Saint Clara & Gabriel, Ask for & thank them for there help with her situation. I told her when she felt it was done to plug in & turn on the puter.Well @ 9:00 PM she called she was crying, She plugged it in after 15 mins.& it was working fine. She was thanking me and praising the Saints & of course the Lord. She feels she had her little miracle & having no money for repairs she is so grateful. Nancy has called me 3 times today she said I am still shaken to believe I called on Angels & they heard me. I thought you would all enjoy this true encounter with Angel Energy.
donnalee

Lily

Unread post by Lily » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Hello everyone!

I posted here a while ago asking for some uncrossing advice. I've gotten a reading from a reputable source and they told me that most of my trouble is due to a certain person sending Jinns my way to hurt me. Can anyone here advise me on what LM products I can buy to get rid of the Jinns?

Macbaby

Unread post by Macbaby » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:23 pm

I would suggest using ANY of their protection and cleansing products while praying for your protection as their products are amazing. I have used Fiery Wall of Protection products myself. Also, there are certain verses from the Quran that are specifically used for protection from Jinn. One powerful one is called 'Ayatul Kursi'. You can probably google search it and other verses as well. Good luck!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:00 pm

Here are a couple steps you can take to help protect you from Djinn.

1. Sprinkle Salt in a perimeter around your house. Instruct the Salt or pray over it to keep out the evil influence fo the Djinn and to keep them from entering your house.

2. On the pathway to your house drive down 9 Devil's Shoe Strings to trip up the djinn.

3. Purchase some Asphand (which LM has) and burn it in your house as you go from room to room. At this point you can use protective Quranic Surahs. Surah Naas, Surah Falaq, Surah Ikhlas, Surah Kafirun are 4 that are recited together to drive out the power of witches and the djinn that can be sent against you. Ayatul Kursi or the Verse of the Throne is another strong one.

4. Get yourself Camphor squares and place them in the corners of your house to drive out and keep out any spirits.

5. Finally take a cleansing bath and follow up with regular protection. The Fiery Wall Of Protection spellkit can help in this regards.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:17 am

Traditionally, especially for Saint Jude (who has blessed me several times and I am forever grateful) and several other Saints as a way to say give thanks and praise an individual who has called on Saint Jude would publish -- A thank you, the prayer and instructions to help someone else in a newspaper. With the information age of technology, would publishing on the internet through the forum be acceptable? I would think it would reach more people who would actually learn more and utilize more in this way. Any thoughts or opinions on this?
Be Blessed.
---Triplethreat
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:33 am

You should ask the saint directly how they want it published using whatever manner of divination or spirit communication you are most comfortable with. St. Expedite was pretty clear that he wanted it in the classifieds of one of the large newspapers here *in addition* to online sources. Yup - the fact that you sacrifice a bit of money to pay to put in an ad is sometimes part of the bargain. Online publishing is great, but it requires very little actual time or energy or personal sacrifice to do. Real appreciation often means that you have to put a bit more in. I just put "Thank you St. Expedite for favors granted", and that was good enough for the newspaper. Actually publishing online in niche forums is a bit like preaching to the choir - a seemingly random and cryptic classified would be more likely to draw in some curious individuals with no previous background or relation to a spirit.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:02 pm

That is what I was thinking.. time, money and all for the actual newspaper ad. I have (always) published for St Jude he has rescued me more than once! I guess I was thinking about the actual "exposure". More people might actually see and benefit from something online-- but I do see your point Devi, and I have never disagreed with anything you have posted; I have learned, so I will continue the newspaper publishing. Thank you!
Be Blessed
---Triplethreat

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Lilianthi, I think you should work within your own spiritual tradition, and unless you are Muslim, reading from the Quran may not be appropriate to your needs. Some general cleansing and protection work would help, as well as a second reading from someone from your own tradition or from AIRR.

ConjureMan, in another post a Christian was concerned that someone might be praying to a Hindu goddess to work against her. You advised her to work within her own tradition. How is this case different?

Whether someone from one culture can call up a spirit from to work against someone who is from totally different tradition is an interesting subject. If someone contacts a Jinn to cause mischief in my life and I don't believe in them except in a general way, ie. bothersome spirits, what then?

Of course, this reader might just be pulling things out of the air and seeing what sticks.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:12 pm

First, I completely agree that a second reading should be done by a member of AIRR. You always want to ensure you are not getting scammed.

Now,the basic tenants of Islamic doctrine states that the God of its tradition is the same as the Abrahamic tradition of Christianity and Judaism. You are still working with the Abrahamic God. Therefore you're actually working within a single tradition that has three manifestations. The concept of the Djinn is actually a touching point for all three faiths. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are Near Eastern religions that draw from that cultural context. The desert spirit is mentioned both in the Bible and the Quran. Given this understanding of history I was not advising of working with an unfamiliar tradition, but one that is actually closely tied to hoodoo.The Islamic tradition is tied into Judeo-Christian tradition of monotheism. It does not clashes with it and has its place in hoodoo. There are documented cases of Quranic Verses being found in mojo hands, container spells etc.

The reading of the Surahs are entirely optional. If a person feels comfortable working within that tradition then it can certainly be used. Personally my path is hermetic and less myopic therefore it allows me to work both with the Bible and the Qur'an, not to mention several Hermetic writings which I've used as sacred text.

If you read my post about the hindu deity it warns against making devotions to a goddess they are unfamiliar with. In this case no devotions are being made and verses are being read just like someone would read the Psalms and understand that they hold power in their own right. If you go back and read the surahs that are mentioned you will see that they are very general verses that assert no doctrinal points, but rather impliment the power of a language that is familiar with these types of spirits. In the Kali post you'll recall that I took into consideration the role of Kali as avenger and gave advice accordingly. In this case since the poster didn't indicate what tradition they were from I gave options with the products mentioned as one way of doing things. If they are open to it great, if it is outside of a tradition they are comfortable with there are other options.

Pontification aside, my advice is based off of my experience working with Djinn. The desert spirits respond to Quranic Surahs, it's plain and simple. One is not taking part of the culture but responding with the correct application of power. If I was dealing with a spirit from a different culture, I'd learn how to apply the correct exorcisms. If you examine closely my post you will find that I didn't advise that they should take part in an unfamiliar tradition or culture. My prescription is about working with traditional hoodoo elements and products sold by LM with a slight adjustment of language to focus on efficacy.

Now that being said my advice stands with one clarifcation: that while the uses of the Quran in respect to dealing with Djinn is both effacious and helpful it is not necessary. You can certainly work within whatever tradition you feel comfortable with and I'm sure the members of AIRR can give you step by step guidance.

If you have any further questions Cleopatra feel free to PM and I'll gladly answer them.

Edit: I missed your theoretical query. If someone calls up a spirit you don't believe in then that doesn't stop the spirit. We work magick on a daily basis on untold number of people who don't believe in magick at all and yet we are successful. The same is with the spirit. You don't have to believe in a particular spirit, but that doesn't stop the spirit in any way shape or form.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Thank you for your clarification, CM.

Lily

Unread post by Lily » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:34 pm

cleopatra wrote:Lilianthi, I think you should work within your own spiritual tradition, and unless you are Muslim, reading from the Quran may not be appropriate to your needs. Some general cleansing and protection work would help, as well as a second reading from someone from your own tradition or from AIRR.

ConjureMan, in another post a Christian was concerned that someone might be praying to a Hindu goddess to work against her. You advised her to work within her own tradition. How is this case different?

Whether someone from one culture can call up a spirit from to work against someone who is from totally different tradition is an interesting subject. If someone contacts a Jinn to cause mischief in my life and I don't believe in them except in a general way, ie. bothersome spirits, what then?

Of course, this reader might just be pulling things out of the air and seeing what sticks.
Cleopatra,
I got a reading from a reputable rootworker who is praised on this forum quite often. I've done a lot of general cleansing and protection before, and it didn't stop the trouble.

Unfortunately, I don't think I belong to any tradition at all. I was raised an atheist. Just because I didn't believe in those spirits or didn't know anything about them didn't stop them from messing with me in a major way. It took me quite a bit of time to realize something supernatural was going on. It took me even longer to find out that the source of my trouble is coming from within the Islamic tradition.

Conjureman, thank you very much for all the info! All of it is very helpful and vastly different from what I was doing before. You mentioned that Jinni specifically respond to Surah's. Do you suggest reading them in Arabic?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:08 pm

Lilianthi wrote:. I've done a lot of general cleansing and protection before, and it didn't stop the trouble.
Allow me to say what you don't want to hear, but need to, I seem to be doing that a lot lately.

You may very well not be able to break free of this. Either the person that has throw for you is just plain better then you or yours, or you deserve it. In either case this may well become a long term condition you will have to deal with for the entirety of the foreseeable future. You're best course of action is to take up, and keep, a regiment of constant cleansing and protection work. That could mean anything from a cleansing bath once a week, to once a month, but, to paraphrase a very good root woman and dear friend of mine, its like diabetes, you take your insulin every day.

{Edit} Wow, I came off way more doom and gloom then I meant to, my apologies, I am not saying that this is for sure what is happening, its just a possibility. Please no matter what happens never give up Hope.
HRCC Student #1559

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:58 pm

There is always a chance of facing a practitioner that is simply more talented, but I would not give into despair. I would recommend that you attempt another round of cleansings and protections--my list being but one option amongst many. From this you take HD's advice and continue a regular regiment of protection.

But I would recommend that your work be combined with the help of a professional rootworker who is able to take on these attacks and break them. Perhaps you can seek out the reader you've spoken to and see if they'll take on your case (especially if they are a reputable reader). Working with a professional may give you the break that you seek.

You can look up transliterations and therefore recite in Arabic which has a cadence to it that can be helpful, or if failing that settle for English.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:09 pm

I agree with CM - before getting too fatalistic, hire a professional to work on your behalf on this matter. That's what they're there for - to take care of stuff that may be out of the league of a layman. And definitely keep up the cleansing and protection work in the meantime to keep things from getting any worse if at all possible.

Lily

Unread post by Lily » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Whatever I was doing before didn't work out very well because I was not addressing the issue correctly. That's why I came here to learn how to use LM supplies in the most beneficial manner. Thankfully, Conjureman gave me some truly priceless advice and I can't thank him enough for doing that.

antares

Unread post by antares » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:24 am

I've been putting my ads in Gumtree (similar to Craigslist, but you can pay to make it a featured ad) - it's online, but it's not just preaching to the already-converted. And I add a link to a web site so that others can find out all about him.

So far, he seems to be happy with that arrangement. I'm glad, because I couldn't find instructions on how to put an ad in the newspaper!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:58 am

Thank you all for this thread. Some good information in here!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:38 am

Thanks! Great idea! I'm going to try that too.
To advertise in a newspaper: call the paper ask for the classified section, tell them EXACTLY what you want published. I have always said Thank you Saint Jude, Published the entire prayer with instructions to assist someone else in need. I found this (a publication to Saint Jude) in The Sun Sentinal (Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach County in November of 2002, when I lived down there). Saint Jude Literally changed my life-- forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is the worker of miracles and the helper of the hopeless.
Thanks again for the tip, I'll do both to show my gratitude.
Be Blessed.
---Triplethreat

DrXTheRebirth

Unread post by DrXTheRebirth » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:32 pm

I believe you can work with multiple saints, however in my experience some saints like to be separated from others. Just like with the instance with Beach as stated above, I'm currently working with Expedite. When I place his candles next so other saints, it wasn't burning as bright and strong. However, when I moved him to the front, it's burning better now.
Thank you St. Anthony, Ancestors and Expedite.

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:24 pm

St, Jude, Angle De La Guarda, La Mano Poderosa, and St Micheal Archangle?

My landlord is loosing the building I live in...It is in Foreclosure and he filed bankruptcy .. First I would like to say I have been unemployed for over a year and I would give him what I could when I could he never admitted he was loosing the building. so my being behind in my rent has ran up the helt.
I asked for quick advice about a month ago and the advice was great! St. Expedite candle which has burned out. I did get a call on last Saturday for a job but so far I don't know how long I will work... it's a project that doesn't last too long.. but hey anything is better then nothing..So today I wake up with a letter in my mailbox from his attorney stating to pay him in 5 days... it also says that it is not a 5day notice but the next one will be and I will be removed..not only me but the entire residents now I have learned this building has been in Foreclosure for over seven months and on another note he is a slumlord.. he does not do anything for this building... I constantly find myself cleaning the stair well the laundry area I have to call on regular bases to fix things which takes him months to come around and fix I get so tired of having to wait I just do it myself... All I hear from him is Money Money Money that is all he wants, I never had a problem paying him before I became unemployed... he owned the building down the street and lost it last year and I had a feeling this one would be next and I was right..

Would anyone recommend a name paper for him and his attorney?
Happy I found LM I love this place
Thank You St. Expedite 4 help and St. Michael 4 protection

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:27 pm

Yes you can light all these saint candles if you would like all at the same time, just make sure you pay or recognize each adequately when and if your petition is answered. You will have to pay each adequately considering you will not know if each saint helped you individually, or it was a combination of all of them. I know st. jude specifies an actual request of being published, or recognized in print. You will neede to research the rest.

Lily

Unread post by Lily » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:07 pm

I've started with the suggestions given here and I gotta say I feel the difference. I have one more question though. Do those steps cover expelling a jinn from a person? Can I use LM products effectively to trap a jinni from a possessed individual?

On a side note, I am working with a rootworker on this case so I am not completely alone in handling it. I just want to see if there's anyone out here who had to deal with similar issues and has some experience to speak from.

Thank you in advance!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Absolutely you can work with LM products, after all Near Eastern folk traditions are one of the many traditions that influence hoodoo.

An exorcism of a Djinn is worked just like the exorcism of any other spirit. Gain domination over it through a higher authority and draw it out. It is however work that may need the touch of a professional so turn to your rootworker to assist in it. I know that several members of AIRR are talented at dealing with negative spirits.

Augument your work by using products like Fiery Wall of Protection and Protection. As far as trapping the spirit--it may be best to simply expel it. If the spirit is lingering in your home use the outlined work, if it is attached on a person it can be driven off with protection and cleansings.

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:47 pm

Thank you Starinthesky7 I am praying that all this will just disappear

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:03 pm

I have been researching if my landlord can still collect rent if he is in Bankruptcy.. can't find anything as of yet... if anyone here knows the answer to this please inform me or enlighten me on a spell that I can do to get rid of all this..

Which candle can I light for the impossible?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Did you get the agreement between you and him in writing by paying when you can? If not YOU will have to pay him sooner or later. So you might want to work on doing something for that now. You will get taken to court on this manner. I am pretty sure of that. So you might want to start working doing something for him not to take you to court. Perhaps some bend over work or anything so that he will not sing up for the work. Him going into bankruptcy is his business. That is a separate manner from you owning months of rent, which will probably go towards whatever he owes the bank. If you are still wondering then you need to seek legal advise from someone that is able to give it to you, not the forum.

If you do not give him the money in 5 day or whatever then you are going to have to leave. Technically you should have been evicted anyways,a nd you are going to be evicted no matter what considering its in foreclosure. If not it will probably be taken over by something else. Regardless YOU need to start with some court case work, and you need to start looking for another place you can afford.

As for your job situation, you need to do work on that NOW rather than wait until your job is over, and scramble around for work. You should work with some steady work for this job, and steady work to draw you a new job. Do NOT wait until the last minute.

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:28 pm

you are right! I have made arrangements with him but he still gave what I owe and the entire building to his attorney. and I did order some items from LM just waiting on them, I am also doing candles what Ms Elvyra told me to do til my order arrives..but all my work is in the making before I got the letter..
I have been working on a great paying job. Ordered Steady work.. Crown of Success and Money Stay With Me.. and some candles... I have two honey jars going right now and been going for three weeks now. money for the landlord is in my petition... I thank you again Starinthesky7!

JCPA72

Unread post by JCPA72 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:57 pm

I work with Saints often and it's been my expierence that some don't mind working with others and others need their own space,(even when working with other Saints) this is something I learned through the process. If you are just beginning your work with Saints, my advice would be to work with one at a time, get to know them, as someone else posted, you will sense their energy when you approach them, develope your relationships with them individually, based on this knowledge you will know who can work together and who can't.
My most gracious thanks to La Caridad Del Cobre, St. Martha, St. Michael, and La Virgen de La Regla

BrownButter

Unread post by BrownButter » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:50 pm

I have done novenas to St Anthony on Tuesdays for 9 Tuesdays. However, I am told it should be consecutive days. My issue is that as I prepare a new novena to another saint my issue may take MONTHS to sort out, can I stretch it out to 9 weeks? 9 Weeks would be 1 once a week for 9 Weeks. Does it matter?

Any info helps thanks!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:35 pm

There are traditional methods as you mentioned the 9 Tuesdays. However, some do the 9 days, etc etc.

DrXTheRebirth

Unread post by DrXTheRebirth » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:24 pm

Either way is fine and it really doesn't have to stop at the 9 days or weeks. You can continue to work a novena to saints as needed.
Thank you St. Anthony, Ancestors and Expedite.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:24 pm

I agree with both jwmcclin and CallmeDrX. You are working with Saint Anthony for "miracles" and you are also working with Saint Jude-- "worker of miracles and helper of the hopeless". Even after the nine days/weeks stops remember to thank them and say a prayer, and don't flip out-- if you blow it 14 weeks from now and you miss a day. I try to do it in the morning when I arrive at my office. Some days like today it is 10:00PM and you reminded me. Do what the initial prayer calls for now.. commit to doing it.. but continue on.
We all get sick, caught up, work hard and WE ARE HUMAN. The Saints know. Continue on with your petition, ( I apologize out of respect) and then say my prayer.
Take care and as always Be Blessed!!!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Triplethreat gives great advice and appropriate. Good Luck in your work and success in your petition BrownButter.

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:54 am

Although I'm done with my work well taking a break I feel like I should offer thanks to her Angel. A friend suggested a Glass of Fresh mineral water and a White seven day candle, do I write anything on the top of the Candle? its encased seven day white, I was thinking about carving out thank you blessed Angel and anointing it with olive oil? Or I've read from search that Honey is nice to offer them could I put a dab of honey on the candle?

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:56 am

I'm not sure if the olive oil is a good idea or not though can someone please help?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:16 pm

This forum is here to help people chose and use LuckyMojo products, not stuff you happen to have around. I personally would use spring/rain/some kind of natural water verses mineral water which is usually processed and a candle dressed with 7-11 Holy oil.
HRCC Student #1559

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Thanks, Turnsteel -- i think a lot of folks just come here to leech off of me and my company. I find it helpful and strengthening when one of the regulars here reminds them that this site is not about "stuff you happen to have around." I appreciate the respect, because i put in many hours at this site and to have someone say, "Hey, can i just use Olive Oil?" just seems pretty cold-hearted to me.

ShadowyEmbrace has been here long enough to know what the forum is for. He joined back in June and as of tonight he had made more than 300 posts. Along the way he received three warnings, two of them instructing him to stop posting requests for help working with products from other companies. But here he comes with that "Can i just use Olive Oil on my plain white dollar store candle?" crap again. It's been a long, hard day and i don't have time for that kind of nonsense. In fact, three warnings was enough. This is number four. Goodbye and good luck, ShadowyEmbrace.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:16 pm

And just to let people know i am not doing this because i am in a bad mood -- here are the three previous warnings i sent to ShadowyEmbrace by private message before banning him today:

---------------

1. Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:09 pm
The following warning was issued to this user
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=24&p=42320#p42320 .

You may not use the Lucky Mojo Forum to degrade, laugh at, put down, curse, express your anger about, or denigrate ANY RELIGION. If you persist in this sort of ignorant bigotry, i will ban you. It takes me hours to UN-DO the damage you are doing, to check all of your posts for sniping and unkind messages about other people's religion, and to edit them so that you seem to be the polite, well-mannered person i am sure your mother would have raised you to be if she had known better. Knock it off now and forever or i will bounce you out of here quicker than you can say "Jackie Robinson."

---------------

2. Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:25 pm
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=24&p=43593#p43593 .

This post had to be edited because you were asking about what products you could buy at your "local store." This is not a forum for your local store. It is a forum for the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Please abide by our terms of service. This is your second warning.

---------------

3. Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:55 am
» This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=24&p=43110#p43110 .

This post and the entire thread that arose from it was deleted because it was about items you bought at a dollar store which you say look just like LMCCo products (impossible as we do not sell our goods to dollar stores). This is your third warning. The next time you violate the terms of service of this forum, i will ban you from further participation.

Please respect the fact that this site is paid for and maintained at a considerable cost in time and money for my customers and that it must return sales to my shop or it will be closed down. If you are not a fan of our products or a supporter of our efforts here, please find another forum. Thanks.

---------------
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”