Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gree-Gree Questions & Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure hands, mojo bags, nation sacks, trick bags, tobies, jomos, spell packets, Jack balls, and dolls.
CancerianHeart

Re: Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gree-Gree Questions & Answers

Unread post by CancerianHeart » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:45 am

Hi All (please bear with this long post)

I have a 'come to me' mojo bag, to draw a lover near. I carried it near or touching me all day. I even went running last night while it was touching my skin (i probably wont do that again because of the sweat). I always read that a mojo bag should be placed under the pillow or the bed at night. I dont have a good spot under my bed (its a platform with open spaces under the mattress) and I didnt want it in the pillow where i could smell the oils and herbs (im sensitive to smells). So i placed it under my sheet and under my cover (i sleep over the comforter) on the side i generally sleep on. Yesterday I also lit two red candles that i dressed in 'come to me' oil.

Early in the morning, I was startled awake by a dream I had. I dreamt that my roommate (and dear friend) and I found a mojo kit from my cousin. In the dream I acted like the mojo kit was very bad (my roommate is a Christian and very active in her church, so I hide all of my beliefs, although I am Christian too). My roommate turned to me and said, "well I saw that you have one too." I tried to make up something and then she said something like "I have one or two that i want use, but I dont know how to start it" The thing that startled me was that the dream was SO real. When she said it I got so scared and I woke up.

While I was in my sleep-awake haze, I immediately thought it was my mojo bag being too close, but I tried to go back to sleep anyway. As I laid there, I kept getting a feeling of being pulled away, like really strong. From my feet up, I felt a pull. Im naturally a skeptical person, so I was just more worried about falling back to sleep than about the "pulling" sensation. I would open my eyes after being frustrated from the feeling, then close them again, while thinking im just imagining things. After about 10-15 mins of this, I snatched the mojo bag from under my covers and threw it in my nightstand drawer (which is dang near touching my bed). After doing this, I immediately fell to sleep.

Just to be clear, I have always been a vivid dreamer and when I was young (and then after my father passed), I used to pray and pray for no dreams or sweet dreams. There was a point right after he died (I was a teen) where I was scared to sleep because of the intenseness of my dreams (as a result, I now sleep with the TV on every night).

So, are mojo bags too strong to be near me when Im sleeping? I dont want to lessen my bags effectivness, but I also dont want to be scared to sleep again. :|

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:19 pm

It's my understanding you should keep your new mojo on your person for 7 days to fully charge it with your energy. If you're concerned about sleeping with it, just carry it with you during the day and leave it on your altar or somewhere respectful (closet, nightstand, drawers) when you sleep. That should be fine.

CancerianHeart

Unread post by CancerianHeart » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:26 pm

Thank you!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:44 pm

I agree with flamethrower, I would keep it close on my body for at least a week and than get a feeling of where it works best for you.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

MightyScorpio

Unread post by MightyScorpio » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:50 am

Today I decided to make a Temp mojo with some herbs and other curios I had on had because #1 I dn't and the funds to purchase one yet and #2 I needed it now. Well I made my mojo according the the pace on the lucky mojo site and I must say that after I finished all i could do was grin from ear to ear and hold it close to my cheek! Lol all of a sudden I feel so so elated and just love this thing it's like it's a little person to me.. Is this normal?IDK if that sounds odd but thats how I feel. I keep it in my bra close to my heart! As a novice at hoodoo I wonder how crazy I am going to be about my LM mojo hand! I can't wait to get one!

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:54 am

It sounds like you've made yourself a very good mojo. Keep it with you and feed it and those feelings will only continue to grow. Folks who've never worked with mojos before don't often realize how these tiny little spells in a bag can amplify our personal power and bring us closer to manifesting our desires. It truly is an amazing thing!

Novice or not -- you've done well. I'm sure you'll love whatever LM mojo you choose, too, but your "homemade, first-try" mojo sounds like a keeper!

Good luck with all your works,

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

josdos

Unread post by josdos » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:03 am

As I was praying over my nation sack and stay with me mojo last night I got completely dizzy, it almost felt like the room was moving around me. I also had my eyes closed and all I could see was purple, and the mojos were very hot between my palms ....any idea what all that was about? ;)

MightyScorpio

Unread post by MightyScorpio » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:47 am

CopperFox wrote:It sounds like you've made yourself a very good mojo. Keep it with you and feed it and those feelings will only continue to grow. Folks who've never worked with mojos before don't often realize how these tiny little spells in a bag can amplify our personal power and bring us closer to manifesting our desires. It truly is an amazing thing!

Novice or not -- you've done well. I'm sure you'll love whatever LM mojo you choose, too, but your "homemade, first-try" mojo sounds like a keeper!

Good luck with all your works,

Michelle

Thanx a munch Michelle! I just love this mojo so much!

MysticRootworker

Unread post by MysticRootworker » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:00 am

In recent years I have seen purple in my minds eye during meditation or spiritual work. It is a high vibrational color. I have not had the pleasure to work with a mojo just yet, but I am very excited to try one! It sounds like yours is very much alive and well. And you have a strong connection to it. (ofcourse wait and see what the other people have to say- I am just a newbie learning all that I can).

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:04 pm

josdos wrote:As I was praying over my nation sack and stay with me mojo last night I got completely dizzy, it almost felt like the room was moving around me. I also had my eyes closed and all I could see was purple, and the mojos were very hot between my palms ....any idea what all that was about? ;)

As long as you didn't feel ill while this was happening, I say: awesome show, great job! Take this as a very powerful sign and consider yourself lucky! Thank you for sharing this!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:09 pm

If you are new to energy work, than you might have just over-extended yourself a bit and so gotten a bit dizzy. The heat in your hands is a sure sign that lots of energy is flowing. It's pretty common for those new to that kind of process to get dizzy or exhausted. I agree that as long as you didn't get sick, just take it as a sign that you'll have to work on your energetic stamina a bit in the future. Taking time to center yourself before a work, as well as feeling energy flow THROUGH you, rather than from you can also help lighten the energetic toll on your own body.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Shogun87

Unread post by Shogun87 » Sun May 02, 2010 7:47 pm

Hi,
Sorry to ask more questions but, if I were to put my mojo in a checked bag, and I open it up whenever I get to my destination, and there is one of those pamphlets that says my bag was searched should I assume my mojo bags destroyed, and if it was touched so briefly by an unavoidable customs agent is it for sure killed? Also when traveling to different countries I know that those dogs go crazy over any herbs or plants, is there any chance that it could be illegal to take my mojo bag with me? And one last question, if I were performing a spell kit and some unavoidable thing came up and I had to travel to a different country to a hotel where I wouldn't be able to do incense or candles will I have to start over from scratch upon my return or could I pick up where I left off?
Sorry for all the questions. I have family sick in a different country (can't stay at their place because immune system is compromised) and they may need me to go over sometime.
Thanks for any help.

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Sun May 02, 2010 7:56 pm

I asked that same question of the rootworker that made my personalized mojo bag. This is what he said....

"Actually they'll be ok in your luggage. What you need to do is put it
in an envelope that says "Religious ritual items" and place it inside
of your bags. I've had people even travel with ritual knives and items
like that with no problem. They won't mess with a mojo bag in your
checked luggage. It will be fine. But yes, definitely don't travel
with it on your body. It WILL set off the metal detectors."
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu May 06, 2010 7:56 am

My wife has one pinned under her pillow and is very pleased with it's works and placement!

Good luck!
-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson

Shogun87

Unread post by Shogun87 » Thu May 06, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi,
I'm only a noobie and am completely open to corrections but these are some thoughts that I entered with:
You can never put too much effort, or anything for that matter into your work.
You can never make your work too personal.
If you feel strongly that something should be one way instead of another, go with it. It's your spiritual work and that feeling is telling you that whatever you're doing should be done that way.

So I guess to answer the oil once a week thing, you don't need to leave it alone otherwise. You should probably bond with it as much as possible. Haha I know that sounds kinda weird but I think it's a good idea.
I also think that things can be added to the Mojo, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
I also don't think that you should reuse Mojo bag items but I'm not 100% sure on that either. (Although if it's something like personal concerns that you can't get more of you should probably do it.)

Remember I may be wrong, and am completely open to corrections or suggestions.

Moxy

Unread post by Moxy » Fri May 07, 2010 9:41 pm

thanks for the info everyone...i will be traveling soon and am pondering what is the best option.
Thank you St. Martha!

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Mon May 17, 2010 1:32 am

I have a good friend who is a priestess of Isis, and I'd like to build for her a special bag that reflects her interests. My goal is to start making bags for friends that reflect their interests as well as a personal purpose for them.

I think I'm going to build the bag around the Queen Elizabeth Root and fill it with other things, what herbs/curios would bring a vibe of ancient Egyptian belief while also being a good, useful bag for a woman?
HRCC Student #2174G

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon May 17, 2010 6:12 am

First, I am moving this thread to where it belngs -- the mojo bag area.

Second, I am retitling it, because the word "gift" could refer to Egyptian statuary, which we also sell.

Okay, next, replying to your question: Calamus Root was used in Egyptian perfumery (and in Jewish, Sumerian, and other Middle Eastern scents of the ancient days), It would be suitable for a priestess of isis and it also would be suitable for any woman wishing for power.

BOT-CAL-WRAV Botanical Curio Whole Root Calamus Root, Whole Root $4.00

HER-CAA-RTCH Herb Calamus Root Chips $3.00

A scarab amulet would be appropriate. We stock quite a few in the shop, including reproduction faience ones and modern metal ones:

AMU-EGY-SCBH Amulet Egypt Blue-Green Faience Scarab Amulet Pendant, Hieroglyphed $5.00

AMU-EGY-SCBL Amulet Egypt Blue-Green Faience Large Scarab Amulet Bead, Plain $16.00

AMU-EGY-SCBP Amulet Egypt Blue-Green Faience Scarab Amulet Bead, Plain $5.00

AMU-EGY-SCBR Amulet Egypt Brown Faience Scarab Amulet Pocket Piece, Hieroglyphed $5.00

AMU-EGY-SCPP Amulet Egypt Scarab Pewter Pendant with Hieroglyphs $1.00
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon May 17, 2010 10:10 am

Anything to do with cats would be good, as cats were considered sacred in Egypt, and the name of the cat goddess Bast also means "soul of Isis (Ba Aset). You could add some black cat hair and a cat charm.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon May 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Good call, Cleopatra!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Mon May 17, 2010 7:40 pm

Would Frankincense and Myrrh be inappropriate? What about lotus?

I also recall reading somewhere on the site about Cleopatra's perfume (or maybe it was somewhere else), but is the Bewitching Oil a good call?
HRCC Student #2174G

chy clayton s

Unread post by chy clayton s » Mon May 17, 2010 8:03 pm

When I was a kid I read a story about Cleopatra putting pearls in vinegar and then drinking it. Since then I have a small bottle with red wine vinegar that I feed 1 - 3 seed pearls at a time to that I use in my beauty routine. My hubby drew up an amazing Atr Novuea label for it years ago.

Seed pearls would be a great addition.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon May 17, 2010 11:25 pm

The M scarab pendants are pretty amazing...my wife is very happy with hers...
Joseph Magnuson

KhonsuMes
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by KhonsuMes » Tue May 18, 2010 5:24 pm

These titles of Isis might be nice for a name paper:

Aset ta Shetyt (As.t tA Sty.t) : "Isis the Enchanter", used on healing cippi.
Aset Weret Hekaw (As.t wr.t HkA.w): "Isis Great of Magic", a general title used for many goddesses [and gods, though it would then be (wr HkA.w)].

Abraxas

Unread post by Abraxas » Tue May 25, 2010 12:42 am

I've lived and worked closely with my one hand for the better part of the past four years. Now it's seen better days I'm a guy and I borrowed my girlfriends textile/sewing things to make this by hand and I really am proud of the final product. I know most people don't put much emphasis on the bag itself besides the color and cloth type, but I've always felt compelled to infuse my little helper with originality by giving it some specific details. So I guess my first question is about how many of your make your own and how do you decide what materials to make it with? Has anyone inscribed sigils/seals/symbols/writing on the outside, or just in general gone about the creation in a less traditional more customized manner?

This little guy was double lined w/ green inside and white outside and a handmade hemp rope for a drawstring. The rope is beginning to fray so I know it's time he's given some rest. The thing is, and this will probably contradict with the general motions of people's practice, is I made this bag for personal power pretty vaguely and added to it over time, and whenever the need arise'd curios that would pertain to the power-getting in whatever sector of my life. So, this for power in wealth, that for power in relationships, and so on. It wasn't just one object at a time, it's almost like I made 3 traditional mojos, money, power, success, but I kept them all in one mojo.

Every time I work I'm using the appropriate LM oils and herbs; all of these make up my ingredient list.

So my main question is this: I love the little bugger but he's fallin apart so do I have to get rid of him entirely? Maybe it's because I reached out of bounds in hoodoo that I'm having to ask; the problem might be that i've put so much emphasis on the bag itself, but what about reintegrating the fabric into another bag? I intend on using all the same tricks inside this guy, just transferring to a new bag I make. Perhaps I'm floundering but I understand why I'd bury, burn, or throw in a stream, leave at the crossroads, just none of those seem appropriate.

Is having one main mojo that much of an unusual thing? Will my attachment to it hurt or help? What would yall do here yo?

Appreciate any feedback,

P.S.- Cat, we're coming to see you this year! Both my girlfriend and I would move from the midwest just to be closer to your energy but we might just have to start out with a visit first.

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Tue May 25, 2010 3:21 am

Abraxas wrote: So my main question is this: I love the little bugger but he's fallin apart so do I have to get rid of him entirely? Maybe it's because I reached out of bounds in hoodoo that I'm having to ask; the problem might be that i've put so much emphasis on the bag itself, but what about reintegrating the fabric into another bag? I intend on using all the same tricks inside this guy, just transferring to a new bag I make. Perhaps I'm floundering but I understand why I'd bury, burn, or throw in a stream, leave at the crossroads, just none of those seem appropriate.
If your bag is falling apart, you can remake the bag. I found a link where Miss Bri addresses how to do this:

re-making-the-mojo-bag-and-jack-ball-t1551.html

DrXTheRebirth

Unread post by DrXTheRebirth » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:40 pm

If were to talk to or yell at, threaten or cuss out my mojo hand. Would that have any effect on it?
Thank you St. Anthony, Ancestors and Expedite.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:34 pm

I wouldn't be negative towards your mojo - why be mean to the spirit that's helping you??

DrXTheRebirth

Unread post by DrXTheRebirth » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:00 pm

I haven't done that, it was more of a question of curiosity and thanks so much for the reply.
Thank you St. Anthony, Ancestors and Expedite.

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:10 pm

Well, I suppose if you were counting on your mojo for something you thought you needed and it didn't happen, you could get angry at your mojo and then regret it, so it's not a completely stupid question. With that said though, I wouldn't recommend it. I don't think there's a concrete yes it would or no it wouldn't answer to whether or not it would affect it. I definitely don't think it would help though.
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Perish that thought CallMeDrX...

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:39 pm

"Humiliation of the saints" was a common tactic in the middle ages... when a saint didn't do his or her job, they buried it upside down or chopped the statue's head off. The same theory is in effect in the St. Joseph's real estate kits. However, since you've got YOUR hair and name in that bag, you might be jinxing yourself.

It's a tricky tactic that can backfire if you take it too far.
HRCC Student #2174G

JasmineTalula

Unread post by JasmineTalula » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:35 pm

Actually Success and luck

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:42 pm

What kind of success...what kind of love? Do you want new love? Or do you just want a sex buddy? For luck do you just want to find 20 bucks on the ground, or do you want luck in gambling?

Please expand what you are kinds looking for so we can best help you.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Without knowing more (as starsnthesky7 queried), Lucky Mojo has a general all purpose mojo known as the Lucky Red Clover Mojo found here http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html

Read about it and also consider
Crown of Success
King Solomon
Lady Luck
Love Me

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Well the reason why I inquired about the original post is because most of the mojo can fall under any of those three categories.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

sam133

Unread post by sam133 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:57 am

Hi there,

I saw a lot of herbs at herb-magic.com. I was thinking of assembling a mojo hand for myself with these herbs. I am interested in using some herbs for money, some for love(same - sex), some for luck, some for career (in acting), some for health, some for improving attraction power. I know the rule of odds. But my questions are
1. Can i create a single multipurpose mojo hand with essential herbs for each of these criterions.
2. What ritual do i need to follow to assemble this mojo hand. I mean should i dress the individual herbs with their respective oils(e.g. money herbs with money oils, etc.), take a purity bath before the assembling process, do some specific prayers, etc.
3. Since there are so many things I want to achieve with this mojo hand, there might me lots of herbs put in it. Can I create a hand with like 21 herbs(i know the rule of odds, but can it be like in 20's).
4. Do I need to carry the hand with me all the times, or only for the first week, and then keep feeding it and checking with it, communicating with it on a daily basis, just not carry it. Because it would become to big to carry.
5. Is there any document which tells how to create your own mojo hand.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Im new to hoodoo, but been researching about it a lot for the last 3 months.
I have had a rough time in my love life, but the honey jar really helped me, and that grew my interest further in this direction.

Thanks
Sam

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:54 am

1. Yes... you can, although if I were unsure, I would order LM's Lucky Red Clover Mojo Bag; it is a
general all-around good luck, money-drawing, love-drawing, and health-protection conjure hand made with John the Conqueror root, Dragon's Blood, Devil's Shoestrings, Mojo Beans. Find it here http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Hi.
sam133 wrote:1. Can i create a single multipurpose mojo hand with essential herbs for each of these criterions.
Yes, but it will not be as powerful as a hand focused on one or two goals.
sam133 wrote:2. What ritual do i need to follow to assemble this mojo hand. I mean should i dress the individual herbs with their respective oils(e.g. money herbs with money oils, etc.), take a purity bath before the assembling process, do some specific prayers, etc
Well, what you have written is one way to do it, I suppose. I always call on the spirits of the roots and herbs and bones and tell them what I need.
sam133 wrote:3. Since there are so many things I want to achieve with this mojo hand, there might me lots of herbs put in it. Can I create a hand with like 21 herbs
That is WAY too many things I think, have you ever even seen a mojo hand? There relatively small. More herbs is not better.
sam133 wrote:4. Do I need to carry the hand with me all the times, or only for the first week, and then keep feeding it and checking with it, communicating with it on a daily basis, just not carry it. Because it would become to big to carry.
See above.

sam133 wrote:(i know the rule of odds, but can it be like in 20's).
There is no such rule.
sam133 wrote:5. Is there any document which tells how to create your own mojo hand.
Read this page well. http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo.html

My advise, just buy one from LM, if you're considering putting 20 some odd things in a toby you don't have enough knowledge to make one properly.
HRCC Student #1559

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:08 am

Hi guys,
I agree with what others have said, buy a mojo hand before you make you own? Why do we say buy a mojo hand? Its really not just to sell them, the fact is that the best and in many cases most traditional way of learning to make mojo hands is buying some made from other manufacturers and learning how they put theirs together. If you buy from Lucky Mojo you are sure to walk away with an authentic model and an excellent template should you wish to learn more about making hands yourself!
Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:43 am

I want to second Bri's comments...and HailsDiscordia...to be sure and feel sure your mojo is assembled correctly...buy it from LM; sam133...the staff [at LM] is trustworthy and have years of experience and ms. cat is the best...keep these thoughts in mind, after you purchase your first mojo, also, and if you have not, purchase cat's book or consider taking the course...it worth much more than the money you pay. Good Luck!

Zoe_2

Unread post by Zoe_2 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Hello all,

So today I fixed my commanding mojo hand. The day was filled with hassles and I was kind of crabby and pressed for time when I fixed it. I did follow all the instructions, but I'm worried that negative energy went into it. Any thoughts as to whether this will be a problem?

-Zoe

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:15 pm

If you weren't 100% present and focused, then it may not be as effective as it could be. You should do your best to be in a calm, centered frame of mind so that you can give your full attention and energy to the task at hand. (Of course if you're doing Reversing or Crossing work or such, it can help to be really angry about the wrongs that have been visited upon you. But you still want to be able to focus that energy.) Taking a cleansing bath and praying or meditating before ritual can help get into the proper mindset before beginning conjure. However, if I am not able to manage to center myself (it happens), I will put off the conjure until later. Remember it's not just about following steps, but about being able to tune-into and work with the spirits of the herbs, roots, etc to do successful conjure.

But you can use divination to find out if your hand is properly fixed or not.

Zoe_2

Unread post by Zoe_2 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Any suggestions as to how to perform a divination? Maybe I can use the mojo bag as a pendulum...

Zoe_2

Unread post by Zoe_2 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:04 am

Never mind the last question, this is my real concern: do you think I could have made a harmful mojo bag since I was kind of crabby/stressed while I made it? Like, one that will bring negativity into my life or something :P I wasn't angry, just not in a particularly good mood...

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:37 am

muimui, here is the information on the Silver Dime at LM http://www.luckymojo.com/silverdime.html

Zoe_2

Unread post by Zoe_2 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:17 pm

bumping my question (see above)

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Zoe wrote:Never mind the last question, this is my real concern: do you think I could have made a harmful mojo bag since I was kind of crabby/stressed while I made it? Like, one that will bring negativity into my life or something :P I wasn't angry, just not in a particularly good mood...
No. You aren't going to turn a mojo meant to help you into something to cross you just because you are grumpy.
Zoe wrote:bumping my question (see above)
Don't do this. Its a forum, it can take a while before people respond, just be patient.
HRCC Student #1559

Zoe_2

Unread post by Zoe_2 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:44 pm

I know, I was just flippin' out. Thanks for the input Discordia.

muimui

Unread post by muimui » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:17 pm

thanks so much for your reply, but i still have a question about this
1.follow me boy mojo hands - use by red jumbo effertory candles, can i use the other kind of red candles, because it is difficult to find this candles in my living, and i know i can order from LM, but i need to waiting the order a long time(one month), so can i use the other taper candles, second when the candle burn, i need to stay at the candle to make a desire when the candle burn until the pin is falls?
second is put the leaf i my shoes when go out, but i have stay at home to work, and no need to go outside everyday, so how can i do it?

2 stay with me mojo bag - for doing the job, it need to burn a candle,,, can i need to stay at the candle burn until it goes out, (the candles will burn around few hours)., or i cannot need to stay at the candle burn, just let it burn until it goes out?
i need to carry the mojo hands on my person , so i have stay at home to work, is it i only put in my room and if i go out , i will carry it in my handbag,?

3 mojo hands - dressed it weekly, and is it need to hold mojo hands to make a desire everdays?

thanks a lots

katherine2

Unread post by katherine2 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:25 am

Hello Everyone,

I am new and I want to start my journey into the Hoodoo Magic right. Been trying to learn as much as I can, but I get confused on a lot of things and don't quite understand.
I want to create my mojo bag from The Black and White Magic/Marie Laveau book. Something has drawn me to this because it has a lot to do with my bad luck as long as I can remember.
I have been reading pages and pages on this forum about fixing and feeding the bag, but haven't really understood because of the different types of bags that are being spoke about and the different situations.
Please forgive me if these questions have been answered before, I would like someone to answer my questions related to my first mojo bag. So, here it goes:
The book says to obtain a Lucky Hand (I'm assuming this is a Mojo Bag), containing a Lode Stone, Black Cat Bone, and the lucky roots and herbs including the Mojo Bean and anoint (is this the same as feeding the mojo bag?) with the Master Oil every Friday and carry it with you where ever you go.
OK, the book doesn't say how to anoint the bag (this will be my first attempt on anointing anything) or what lucky roots and herbs to use and how many. I believe you have to use a certain number. Also, I have been reading about fixing and feeding the bag on this forum, but am confused on how to go about this. I really want my first Mojo bag to work. Do I also need to write something and put in the bag or put a personal item in it? The book does not say to do this either.
And also: can I use the Cat's Eye Shell Curio, green (pairs) in place of the Black Cat Bone because I do not see that bone in the list? One more thing if I may; Do I need to light a candle (and what color) while making my mojo bag? Please excuse me for all of my questions!
I would greatly appreciate anyone's help and suggestions. Looking forward to your replies. Have a Blessed Day!!!
Last edited by Joseph Magnuson on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarity, Grammar, Punctuation

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:10 am

It sounds like before you go into making this bag, you really need to get a foundation of understanding about hoodoo, and familiarize yourself with the various herbs and roots and curios that are used in it. I would start by slowing down, and taking some time to really read through and absorb the info here: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html , and I would also strongly suggest that you get a copy of Miss Cat's book Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, at it will explain all the various herbs used in hoodoo, and also has some hand charts that shows what can be used for what at a glance. A very stripped down version of those lists can be found at: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

You really will need to have some foundation knowledge before you'll be able to do this, so you'll know what substitutions make sense and which don't. For one thing, you can't get a black cat bone unless you boil a cat alive, and I don't think anyone here would advocate that! And that should also show why there's not a black cat bone available at LM. Cat's eye shells do not have the same magical association as black cat bone, so just because it says "cat" doesn't make it an appropriate substitution.

There's also a great deal more to making a mojo than just putting things into a bag and then putting oil on it. You have to work the spirits of the herbs, roots, curios etc in order to get them to work for you and your petition. There are many different ways of accomplishing this - prayer, speaking directly, etc. Spending some time getting to know the herbs and how they can help you will enable you to better communicate your intents for them, and better empower your work.

If you're having very bad luck, then you should start with a thorough cleansing. Use Chinese Wash in your home and 13-Herb bath for yourself, or get the Uncrossing spell kit as it has everything you'll need in there to do a really good cleansing for yourself. After that do some Road Opening work, such as the Van Van spell kit. Then, once your spiritually clean and primed for good fortune, you can employ a mojo bag (LM sells great ones that you fix yourself at your home by following the instructions provided) or other drawing-work with a much higher success rate. Also, by using the spell kits which come with detailed instructions, you'll start to get a hands-on education in what hoodoo is and how it functions.

Since you do want to learn, you may do very well to hire someone from the AIRR as a magical coach to mentor you through the process of getting out from under your bad luck, and making a mojo bag the proper way. Then you'll be getting one-on-one instruction directly from a professional rootworker, which is always the best way to learn!

I find that while books such as the Black and White Magic or Marie Laveau and many of the Anna Riva books are great for those with a basic working knowledge of conjure already in place, they can be fairly unhelpful to those very new to hoodoo since they tend to just rattle off recipes and formulas without any contextual instructions. That's great if you know what you're doing. Not so helpful if you don't.

katherine2

Unread post by katherine2 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:13 pm

OH...Thank you so much for your time and the information....I have been studing some of the herbs....just so many and I also will be ordering Miss Cat's book, Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic...I was just trying to get all my ingredients together tp make one order....
OMG!...I didn't know you had to boil a live cat to get the Black Cat Bone! I am so glad that I didn't find it here....How awful.. I love animals and would never ever think about doing anything like that....Whoo!!!
Well there goes that mojo bag!....lol
But you are right 100% about learning more before I make my own mojo bag....I have been reading and reading for weeks now...and have learned a lot of things....just not enough...I get confused some...And I will take your advice and order the Uncrossing Spell Kit and the Van Van spell kit instead of proceding with the Marie Laveau Book....As much as I would like to, I cannot afford to hire a magical coach....but I think I will sign up for the 52 week course here.....It is really truly wonderful chatting with the people here....I feel not so alone, as I do not have anyone to guide or help me.....Except the good folks on here.....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I hope you have a Blessed day!!!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:40 pm

If you're thinking of taking the course, and you're about to make an order from LM, then you may want to take into consideration the required purchase history that you will need to have before being eligible to be accepted as a student.

REQUIRED PURCHASES

In order for me to be sure that you are familiar with the supplies mentioned throughout the course, i require that you have purchased at least one item from each of the following categories from my shop, spread out over the course of at least four invoices:

Lucky Mojo hoodoo conjure oils, Lucky Mojo resin incenses, Lucky Mojo self-lighting incense powders, Lucky Mojo sachet powders, Lucky Mojo bath crystals, Lucky Mojo Chinese Wash, Lucky Mojo Four Thieves Vinegar, Lucky Mojo herbs, Lucky Mojo roots, and Lucky Mojo minerals.

The purchase of a spell kit does not count. The Lucky Mojo items cannot all be of the same title (e.g. "Love Me") nor can they all be designed to address the same condition (e.g. all love products.)

katherine2

Unread post by katherine2 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:30 am

Yes...I have gone over it....I know I can't sign up now....Because I have a lot of things to learn and do first.....I was thinking later on....Sorry, I didn't make that clear in my statement....
I am a hard worker and very determined when I want to do something or get something done...
It pays off in the long run....I just need to get rid of this "bad luck" first and so some cleansing for myself and my home....I have scheduled my reading, I have ordeed the Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic and also the candle burning book...I have also orded the Uncrossing Spell Kit and the Van Van spell kit to get off to the right start....I appreciate your suggestions...It has made this a little easier for me to know what direction to head to....
Thank you so much for your time and your guidence....I feel more positivie towards getting off to the right start now...When first trying to get started it is very hard if you are starting off from "scratch"....lol To me....the foundation is very important from where you start off to build.....Have a blessed day my new friend!!!

antares

Unread post by antares » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:49 am

A lot of the kits (the ones that say they have a flannel bag included) are spells/kits for making mojo hands, and include complete instructions, so you could buy a kit and learn that way.

I recommend the money drawing one. Awesome :)

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:54 am

Getting mojo bags from professionals is a great way to learn - and LM ones are fantastic because they come with complete instructions, too! Miss Cat talks about getting mojos from many different workers and resources in order to see what they put in each one...so it's a tried and true method of learning. :)

Negi Springfield

Unread post by Negi Springfield » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:36 pm

Would the bags sold at Lucky Mojo be large enough to put a hand inside?

I mean these bags http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo.html and http://www.luckymojo.com/velvetbag.html I'm not sure how large the mojo hands sold on the site are.

Miss_Liz

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:42 pm

Yes, I keep the nation sack I bought from LM inside a light blue mojo bag also from LM. I was going to use the blue bag for something else, decided to do it a different way and thought having a little extra protection from a toddler that picks my pockets would be a good thing to have

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:22 pm

I think you are asking can you take a mojo and wrap it in another mojo back thus to protect it from being seen? So I ask if a person sees it hidden within another bag will they still not wonder what it is? To me the mojo bag is an essence to the creation, hiding it within another is like a women wearing make up you still know who she its just a little more hidden. I think you are mistaking the hiding aspect ppl talk about, Via Cat with hiding it in instrument cases or purses, its litterly out of sight. I know men who wear em in pockets or necks or around waist, i know women who shove em into bras or purses. The idea is you want no one to see or touch it. hiding it in another bag that others will question and discuss like a medicine bag ( leather bag) does not change their interest or inquiry into the bag. if you cant wear em all the time many options exist some place em on photos others make a doll baby and place on them to keep the mojo working on em when they cant wear em. good luck!
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Mojo Hands, Conjure Bags, Jack Balls, and Doll Babies in Hoodoo”