• Advertisement
Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:54 pm

How to report Copyright Theft and Promote Honesty Online

Please report copyright theft here: Eliminate thieves and help maintain the online spiritual community as a place of trust and respect.

How to report Copyright Theft and Promote Honesty Online

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:26 am

As an author, i have seen a dreadful trend developing on the web, and that is copyright theft. Copyright law proves that the author of the work owns the right to copy it. It is against the law for anyone else to copy it, either for free or for pay. However, with the ease of digital copying at our hands, too many people have fallen prey to the false idea of easy money or easy fame by copying things works that they did not write and which are obviously protected by copyright law, and offering these stolen writings at their web sites, either for purchase or, more often, as come-ons to attract attention to their own services or wares.

Copyright theft for the purpose of attracting attention to one's person -- whether the material is offered for free or for sale, or is used to advertise other items for sale is against the law.

What is most disappointing is to see copyright theft used to attract attention among so-called "spiritual practitioners" and "hoodoo root doctors" and "occultists" and "pagan witches" and "Voodoo priests," and "Angel readers" and "goddess worshippers" and "tarot readers." These people, more than any others on Earth, who present themselves as men and women of insight, knowledge, compassion, devotion, giftedness, or wisdom, should NEVER lower themselves to the status of thieves and criminals -- yet they do so all the time, repeatedly, and egregiously.

Because my writings are extensive, practical, and useful to the spiritual and magical communities, and they have been available online in some cases since 1995, i have been the target and victim of many copyright thieves. Some steal from me to draw attention to themselves as wise or fun or interesting people. Some steal from me to sell heir own goods and services. I cannot tolerate being continually victimized by these thieves, and so i fight back, often harshly, and assert my rights as an author and a provider of services and goods who will do whatever is necessary to remove the illegal copies of my work that are hosted by thieves and criminals.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

I am very fortunate to work and live within a community of good friends, students, and professional colleagues who recognize my writing and who report on copyright thefts to me. Sometimes they report the thefts via email, sometimes at my Facebook pages, and sometimes in this forum. To all of you who have made reports in the interest of helping me to maintain control over the presentation of my writings, my thanks. You folks are true friends and supporters, and i am grateful to you every day. Never be afraId that reporting a copyright theft will "upset" me or get me "mad." Taking care of thieves is an unpleasant chore, but it is a necessary one, like dipping sheep or swamping out the refrigerator every now and then. Yucky ... but necessary. An i sure can use your help.

This portion of the Lucky Mojo Forum is intended to act as a clearing house for copyright theft issues. Please start a NEW THREAD for each named person. Yes, i said "named." I am not going to shield these thieves from public view -- especially since so many of them are posing as spiritual readers and rootworkers and psychics and teachers. We, the public, deserve to know the truth about those who claim to be guides, wise ones, teachers, and helpers. If they are thieves, YOU need to know the truth as much as i do.

When a case is opened, it is opened in PUBLIC. When it is resolved, it is resolved in PUBLIC.

HOW THIS SITE WORKS

As you will see, my approach to copyright thieves is conducted in stepped and gradual levels of force.

1) A report is published here. Some of these reports will (i hope) be made by my friends, customers, students, and colleagues Some will be made by me. Some will bear my name but will be copied from email or Facebook notices that have been sent to me by others. In some cases, there will be no preliminary report, but the thread will commence with Step 2.

2) If the site infringing site provides a name or email contact and/or if a whois lookup assists in identifying the person who controls the web site that is histing the theft, an email is sent to the copyright thief requesting that the material be removed. If the whois record also provides a telephone number or street address, the thief is sent a duplicate letter by postal mail and may also receive a telephone call. The full text of this letter, including all known names, web sites, and email addresses associated with the thief, is posted here.

3) If there is no response to the email or postal mail or telephone call, the thief's isp (internet service provider) is contacted and/or a DMCA takedown notice is filed.

4) If there is no response to the DMCA takedown notice (and there may not be, if the isp is in a nation that does not respect US copyright laws or if the thief is hosted on a private server or at a rogue isp), then the thief's name will be repeatedly advertised as a thief in an attempt to destroy his or her ability to attract attention or sell goods or services by use of my writings.

5) In the case of extremely extensive or persistent theft, i am prepared to sue both the thief and the isp that is assisting the thief.

6) I bear no long-term grudges. If a person is caught stealing and takes the material down, his or her thread will be LOCKED and the issue will be over.

7) I work for the redemption of sinners and the reconciliation of all sincere people of good will. If a person is caught stealing, takes the material down, apologizes, and shows a sincere change of heart, the thread will be LOCKED and RETITLED so that his or her name is no longer going to come up in a google search attached to the phrase "copyright thief."
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: How to report Copyright Theft and Promote Honesty Online

Unread postby nagasiva » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:57 am

Our thanks to those who have helped. We regularly send DMCA takedown notices to pirate sites and we also ban people from forum membership for violating the copyrights of others when posting here. If you have a copyright issue, please bring it to our attention.
nagasiva yronwode

Forum Tech Help
forum@luckymojo.com
nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread postby Innocence » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:44 pm

I was reading an eBook yesterday and the chapter on honey jar was simply copy and paste from the material on LM, can I pm cat the info?
Innocence

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:25 am

Please do. That is a copyright violation and the book should be taken down. You can post the name of the theif right here. Thanks.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Innocence » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:56 am

The ebook is Love Magic: Powerful Spells for Love and Lust by Caitlin MacKenna, it's available on Amazon. The pages on honey jar and intranquil spirit bear great similarity to the material on LM and some parts are even identical. No sources were credited for any of the spells collected in the book.
Innocence

PostThis post was deleted by Michelle on Tue May 24, 2016 9:13 pm.
Reason: need to start a new post

Unread postby GoldenRule » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:58 am

https://www.etsy.com/listing/500450853/ ... pe=gallery

Under Item description: (looks like Miss Cat's writing to me)

The use of figural or representational magical candles may have entered hoodoo through contact with European folk magic, for the use of images molded of beeswax is very common in that tradition. After the Civil War, when paraffin became widely available, and especially after the First World War, when aniline dyes made the symbolic colour-coding of candles feasible, such objects as these might have been home-made, but they were never found for sale in shops. Even after the Second World War and the publication of The Master Book of Candle Burning by Henri Gamache, any candles representing named human beings would not have been pictured in catalogues. Instead, they were commonly sold under t he euphemistic name "idol" candles.

With the increasing leniency of mores in America during the hippie era of the 1960s, and the loosening of legal restrictions that soon followed, it finally became feasible for occult shops and spiritual suppliers to offer candles in the form of naked men and naked women, as well as the human penis and human vulva for use in love spells

The colour symbolism of these 5 1/2" tall, realistically modelled magical candles is fairly straightforward:

white for attracting a new or unknown female lover.
pink for drawing a female lover closer or for reconciliation.
red to arouse passion in a woman, to restore nature.
blue for peacefulness, fidelity, and a happy home.
black to wreak sexual vengeance on a woman.
Before being lit, the candle is carved with the name of the intended target, using a needle or pin to write the name in the wax, along with one's wishes. It may be placed on a name-paper or other item linking the work to the target individual. It is dressed with an appropriate dressing oil, such as Love Me or Follow Me Girl or Kiss Me Now! -- or, if the object is same-sex love, Lavender Love Drops may be added to any of the above or used alone. Eve candles can be tied and bound or tied together in pairs with Adam candles for various purposes. If the work is not being done for love, then another appropriate dressing oil should be selected, of course.

It is important to properly dispose of ritual remains. If the work is done for romantic purposes, you may want to keep the remains around your home. Wrap up any left-over candle wax, incense ashes, and used sachet powders in a piece of cloth. Secure it with thread and tie it. Bury it in your yard. If the work is done for other purposes, dispose of it according to the ritual methods outlined on the web page called "Laying Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains in the Hoodoo Tradition."
We never run out of Love to give; it's a renewable resource ❤️
GoldenRule

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Hello, GoldenRule ,

Thanks.

I will notify Miss cat and nagasiva

Thanks again!
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby GoldenRule » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:28 am

Miss Aida,
I wrote to her telling her she didn't give Miss Cat credit and she replied to me with a "reason".
Can I send u a private message about this?
When I click on your icon there's (what appears to be a link) that says "Contact Miss Aida"
but nothing happens when I click on it...
GoldenRule

Unread postby GoldenRule » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:45 pm

You guys she also is using the photo from Prof P's AIRR page of the lovers candle binding spell.
A part of her reply (when I told her Miss Cat should be credited with for the writing):

"I am their registered wholesale dealer.
FYI. Spell or rootwork varies person to person n situation to situation and according to the situation one has to decide.
FYI. Orginal spells can't be disclosed to everyone. Free spells means free for all. Right? So for that matter anyone can use?
You can also use . if u want. Secondly any other idea of yours is also welcome d."

Not even sure I follow her .. maybe English isn't her first language..? I am confused about the meaning of "original spells can't be disclosed to everyone". Hope I'm not missing something obvious here!
GoldenRule

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:20 pm

Hello, GoldenRule,

Nagasiva sent a 'take down" order.

It looks like you may have tried to contact me though Hoodoo Psychics. You can PM me right here just by clicking on my name and then it will tell you how to PM me.

However, that interface is locked until you have 3 approved posts.

But THANK YOU for all of your help. You're a Doll !!
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby GoldenRule » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:47 pm

Ahh that's why I couldn't get you when I tried the "contact miss Aida" link!
Thanks.. looking forward to meeting you at the HHF and reading your book!
☠️☠️☠️
GoldenRule

• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

Return to Copyright Theft Reports and Results