Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Dhoop Log and Cone Incense Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo incense powders, joss sticks, and natural botanical resin incenses in your spiritual practices.
Mary Bee
Forum Moderator
Dhoop Log and Cone Incense Questions and Answers

Unread post by Mary Bee » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi everyone:

I have some Laxmi Dhoop incense from LM, in the "log" form. It's the soft clay type; you pinch a bit and roll it into a cone and light it. It stays lit and smelling pretty for a few minutes and then....SSSSTT. No more. :(

Is there a trick I'm missing to keeping this lovely smelling incense lit and smoking all the way down to the end of the cone? It smells so nice!

Thanks,
waterborn
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: How do you keep soft Dhoop incense smoking??

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:40 pm

I've never made cones out of this -- i"ve just burned it straight. It could be that in rolling it up you are compressing it too tightly, eliminating air spaces in it that it needs to "breathe" and thus to burn.

ISD-DHO-LAXM
Laxmi Dhoop
$2.25

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:05 pm

I also don't make cones, but just burn the stick. Haven't had a problem with it so far.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Niyou
Newly Registered

How do you keep soft Dhoop incense smoking??

Unread post by Niyou » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:35 am

Hi everyone:

I have some Laxmi Dhoop incense from LM, in the "log" form. It's the soft clay type; you pinch a bit and roll it into a cone and light it. It stays lit and smelling pretty for a few minutes and then....SSSSTT. No more. :(

Is there a trick I'm missing to keeping this lovely smelling incense lit and smoking all the way down to the end of the cone? It smells so nice!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:56 am

I don't mess with the log - I just stick a piece (you can break off whatever size of the log you like) to the little metal holder that comes with it and then light it. If you press it into a cone, then it's too compact and not enough air can get in and through it to keep it burning.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:04 pm

The Dhoop does take a little longer to get started...and a little more flame to ignite it properly. Stay at it and once it gets going it stays that way! I also agree with Devi Spring, don't compress it any more than it already is or it will take FOREVER to keep lit. Enjoy...and good luck!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

adel1799
Newly Registered

Re: Dhoop Log and Cone Incense Questions and Answers

Unread post by adel1799 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:37 am

Thank you.

MagicMan82
Newly Registered

Rapid burning incense cones-meaning?

Unread post by MagicMan82 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi, there. I'm a newbie to this sort of thing and am wondering what this scenario means. My mother's house was the site of a lot of abuse at the hands of her husband and there is a definite darkness to the place. Every so often I place a pair of incense cones on the mantle of her living room and when lighting the first one recite a prayer: may the love and the light of the Lord come in and replace all of the dark energies and entities in this place, may it clean and leave this place free from all that mean harm. Amen.

I then begin a short session of yoga while the first cone burns. As that one is near done, I'll light the second during the yoga to find that it doesn't extinguish. It instead burns almost to the bottom rapidly. Producing very little smoke. When done in the basement, the darkest, most foreboding part of the house, the cones can barely be lit or go out very quickly after producing a very weak flame.

Any ideas?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Dhoop Log and Cone Incense Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Hello, MagicMan82 ,

If this was not an incense purchased from Lucky Mojo (and you didn't mention the type of incense), I can't be of help. This is because it may have been a lesser quality cone

Sorry

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Incenses and Resins in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”