Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Payment Methods, Billing Statements Questions and Answers

Questions, answers, and discussions about the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Payment Methods, Billing Statements Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:43 am

I can help a little -- i am the owner of the shop.

The office, where orders are taken and problems like yours are handled, is under the direction of Leslie. The person most responsible for order entry and customer service staff is Nikki, assisted on the weekends by Coral, who works part time in the office and part time in the lab.

You asked about the shop manager, and this is Heidi, but she does not handle accounts; she handles raw materials supplies, shop appearance for walk-in customers, does oversight on the lab, makes sure that all inventory items have SKU numbers and are regularly re-ordered, and so forth. She also makes mojo hands, jack balls, and doll babies, especially the custom items with personal concerns in them, and she will jump in and make oils and other products when we have a crunch of orders.

The lab manager is Yosé and she also manages the book department and oversees product making, along with Coral, who doubles in the lab and is "the keeper of the grid," our workflow chart. Other lab workers, the people who make the Lucky Mojo products, are Dave, Angela, Brian, Margee, Evan, Michael, Jenne, and me. Dave also runs our garden train layout on Saturdays and Sundays for the enjoyment of customers. As is the nature of a shop like ours, at any given time, about half of the lab folks are short-term workers, part time weekend workers, or students of mine who are working for the summer or as a form of training, and will be leaving us eventually.

Yosé and Dave both double in shipping on the weekend or as needed, but the actual shipping department manager is Eileen. She has worked in the lab in the past, too, so she can also handle office management and lab management tasks if someone from those areas is out sick or has vacation time. Elvyra, better known as a reader at MISC and AIRR, works one day a week at LMCCo, keeping our Amazon accounts, which means that she is responsible for pulling the books we publish that are ordered for shipment to Amazon and turning them over to Eileen for packing.

Nagasiva, my husband and the shop's co-owner, manages our web site, facilitates logistics and workflow, oversees the database, oversees utility services such as telephones and internet connectivity, assists Leslie with accountacy, is the chief engineer of the LMC Radio Network, and is in charge of maintenance of all things electrical and electronic. (We have a motto for folks who have to report a problem: "If it's about things, see cat; if it's about electrons, see nagasiva.") Ernie assists nagasiva in handling structural design updates to the LMCCo websites and database. He is also in charge of our Facebook Fridays free giveaway program and he works part time at Missionary Independent Spiritual Church as a candle reader. LeslieAnne, who until a couple of days ago worked in the LMCCo accounts office and doubled in the lab, recently decided to move over to MISC, entering orders and handling customer service for candle lighting, but since the two buildings are only yards apart, she has come in when customers are numerous in the shop to help Coral enter walk-in orders.

So that's where we are right now in terms of shop staff.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

snowwhite

Unread post by snowwhite » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:42 pm

HI Ms Cat,
Thanks for this information and its good to hear from you again!

I have contacted the shop and leslie tried to help and she told me that she encountered problem trying to 'run' the card. My last resort is to consult my bank about the billing details and see if they can help

I have always used this card to purchsse from your shop . the only time Ms Angela ie your former manager encountered problem with the card was when I renewed the card and she was going to refund me due to non receipt of the order because it was returned back to LM Shop and so she had to offer me store credits otherwise I have previously made at least 2 purchases with this card without any problem.

I am hoping this issue will be resolved on time so I can buy some books. sometimes I search ebay, esty, bonanza for your items, its hard to find.

Thanks again for your response! I will keep contacting leslie until we resolve the issue

Regrds
Snow

snowwhite

Unread post by snowwhite » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:16 am

Hello

They are so busy and i am kept on the phone for too long and they not replying emails.

My bank is warning against revealing too much information to your shop assistants especially since the credit card transaction went through.

It is not clear to me what the problem is.
Initially it was that they will not accept and charge a card that does not belong to me.
and then it was the biling address discrepancy. On sunday i was told that they couldnt process my order through your system.

I dont understand because the order was completed without any problem.

Ms Cat pls i think you should step in and help here. I am not sure i understand what is going on anymore.

Snow

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:21 pm

Hello, snowwhite,

Please call Leslie again.

I understand that it is an inconvenience to wait on the phone but, Leslie handles these issues.

The forum is not the correct place to handle this matter.

I am sorry
HRCC Graduate #1631

rossoporpora

Unread post by rossoporpora » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Hi, I'm new on Lucky Mojo and I've recently tried to purchase some items. I've used a card that's for my own use but whose owner is my mother, I've always used it but as I was told, the shop does not ship if the billing name does not match the one on the card. Can't really argue with that, so I used my own card and now there's another issue: "U = Address information is unavailable (Non-US Billing Address)" and I don't understand what this means.
I'm a foreign customer, obviously not buying from the US, could this be the problem?
Could I order again using my mother's datas? We live in the same place and honestly I wouldn't be using her card if I didn't have her consent.

I've been told to have her call the shop and give verbal consent but I live in Italy and as you understand it's not possible.
I just want to be clear, I'm not complaying, I'm really just confused and I'm asking for help.

Thank you and sorry to bother!
Thank you, St Michael.

rossoporpora

Unread post by rossoporpora » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Sorry, I meant complaining not complaying.
I went back looking if I perhaps did something wrong and I've noticed that I wrote down my home phone number instead of my mobile phone number, which is connected to the card.
Since it's the first time I've done this when buying online, it seems like a possible reason (I had to use my home phone a lot this week and that's probably why I made this mistake).
Sorry if I'm wasting your time with these issues, once again this never happened before and I really want to work this out!
Thank you, St Michael.

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:51 pm

Hello rossoporpora,

Once you put in the correct phone number were you able to get your order to go through? If not, you'll probably just want to call the shop, sorry!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

rossoporpora

Unread post by rossoporpora » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:08 am

I haven't tried to put the correct phone number, the error was presented me by mail, isn't something that happened to me while I was paying, and I was told that my card can't be returned and I don't have any other card. I could only use my mother's and put her name in the billing address.
And again, I'm asking here because, not living in the US I can't call the shop.
Thank you, St Michael.

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:27 am

Hello rossoporpora,

I'm sorry but I can't effectively assist you through this forum, and I don't understand why you can't call the shop. Is it the time difference that's the problem and you're not sure when to call?

From Miss Cat, the owner of the shop, here are the various payment methods that Lucky Mojo can accept. Maybe you could try a different method of payment?

"We accept Visa, American Express, Mastercard, US Postal Service Money Orders, Bank Cashier's Checks, Personal Checks, Store Money Orders, and U.S. Cash Money.

Personal checks are held 3 weeks to make sure they clear. Others are treated as cash.

No Paypal. No Western Union. No Discover.

U.S. Funds Only."

And in case you haven't read this page, here is all the information about Lucky Mojo's policies with foreign shipping (just scroll down a bit):

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatorder.html

I hope that helps!

rossoporpora

Unread post by rossoporpora » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:14 am

Well, the time zone sure is a big issue and I don't know if can use Skype to contact you. Anyway, a way to solve the issue would be for me to order again using my mother's card and put her name and phone number on the billing address because, really, the only way to show you she's actually fine with it would be for me to send you a picture of her holding her ID and giving a thumb up, since she doesn't really speak english.
Because, at this point, I can no longer use the only card I own. Both cards are Visa and this is why I'm confused.
Thank you, St Michael.

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:39 pm

Hello rossoporpora,

I think that would work just fine. I'm sorry your Visa won't work, I really don't have an answer for you on that.

nino_x3

Unread post by nino_x3 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Hello I hope i posted this in the right place but Can i purchase a reading with a money order because i cannot use credit cards. Miss Cat

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:13 pm

Hello, nino_x3 ,

Please call the shop and ask them.

They will know the answer to that

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Michylove

Unread post by Michylove » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:56 am

Hi I'm trying to make payment but I'm unable to pay, they mentioned that the international laws don't allow payment. I have tried with PayPal and without PayPal. Could you help please?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:36 am

Michylove --

Sorry you are having problems.

Since i do not know what you are purchasing or where you live, i will have to break this into three parts:

1. Credit cards:
For purchases of Lucky Mojo spiritual supplies and books, we accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express, as well as mailed-in orders paid with USA cash or US money orders. We do not accept foreign money orders. If you pay with a credit card, the payment is not charged to you directly (as, for instance, at Amazon. Rather, we accept the order, download it to our computer, and run it through our card authorization software. If it declines, we do not receive the payment. If it is accepted, we receive the payment from your bank. Pre-paid cards and gift cards are only accepted by our system if they have been registered and authorized with the issuing bank.

2. Paypal:
We only use the Paypal system for candles that we set on the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church altar. Since there is no shipment for these items, other than an email text report, there are no international laws pertaining to them, as far as we know.

3: Forbidden Zones:
There are some nations we do not ship to, due to customs regulations and postal service corruption, and at least one nation that has blocked our site because the religious patriarchy of that country has forbidden discussion of certain forms of activity. If you live in such a country, we advise you to arrange for transshipment through another nation.

If you want personal customer service help, please telephone the shop at 707-887-1521. We are open every day from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time.
catherine yronwode

DannyN

Unread post by DannyN » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:23 am

I live in Nigeria and want to order some herbs for instant use.

1) I want to order some herb seeds for planting for regular usage, like Mint seeds (for brewing prosperity teas).

2) I have issues with shipping.Lucky Mojo does not ship to Nigeria. Amazon has a shipping arrangement where some stuff bought on their portal are shipped to Nigeria very fast. Is it possible to get Lucky Mojo orders done via Amazon so they ship to me?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:03 pm

Hello, DannyN --

1) We don't sell Mint seeds, and although we do sell many other seeds, such as Fenugreek, Cumin, Coriander, and Anise, we do not guarantee their germination rate in the way that a seed company wood. We advise you to buy seeds for planting, or started nursery stock from a regular plant nursery supplier.

2) We Currently sell all of our books via Amazon, but we have not yet gone to selling oils, sachet powders, bath crystals, incense powders, herbs, roots, or spell kits via their portal. We get so many orders via our own site that it is hard enough to keep up with those, as every product is hand-made, and the idea of selling MORE through Amazon while giving them a big cut of the profits, is not appealing at the present time. Maybe we will sell more than books at Amazone later. (And we've been saying that for more than 20 years).
catherine yronwode

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Lucky Mojo Curio Co. News and Announcements”