• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:31 am

Bone, Shell, and Nut Reading Questions and Answers

How to select and employ Lucky Mojo divination tools, and how to learn fortune telling in the Hoodoo and Conjure tradition.

Re: Bone, Shell, and Nut Reading Questions and Answers

Unread postby aarondye » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:13 pm

Miss Aida

I actually did purchase that book with my bone set, read through it, but was still a bit confused.
Thank you for your reply!
aarondye

Unread postby Michele Jackson » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:24 pm

You can read the left as the past, the right as the future, the top as the conscious and the bottom as the subconscious. You can use the four quadrants as directions or seasons. Alternate things you can put on the cloth are the signs of the zodiac or the houses.
Michele
Michele
Student #54GA and Member of A.I.R.R.
Michele Jackson
Forum Moderator

Re: Obi Divination Questions and Answers

Unread postby Rev Ken » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:58 pm

Thank you for both the question and the answer :-)
Rev Ken
HRCC Graduate #1869G
Court of Pentacles
www.courtofpentacles.com
Rev Ken

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon May 12, 2014 10:14 pm

Michele Jackson's new book on bone reading, "Bones, Shells, and Curio: A Contemporary Method of Casting the Bones (Lucky Mojo, 2014) is now at the printer. Michele Jackson is the Lucky Mojo Forum member known here as mj2 -- and is a member of AIRR.
Here is the book's cover and ordering information:

BOO-DIV-BSAC
Bones, Shells, and Curios: Bone Reading by Michele Jackson
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

You can read more about it, including the contents, here:

http://luckymojo.com/bonesshellsandcurios.html

This book is heavily illustrated by Michele and features many sample readings for you to learn from. She will be teaching her method at the 2014 Hoodoo Heritage Festival in Forestville, California, and is available for teaching workshops elsewhere as well.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby TheWanderingFool » Tue May 13, 2014 6:04 am

Really looking forward to this book. I got a bone set last year and it has quickly became one of my favorite methods to read with.

I also want to say thanks to Cat for Throwing the Bones, I learned a lot from it and picked up some great methods like domino or dice reading that I'd never had thought to try.
TheWanderingFool

Unread postby Jean-Marie » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:32 pm

I used to have two pet 'possums, a boy and a girl, that I raised from tiny little Joeys and took care of them until each passed away. I developed a very strong relationship with these two little animals. Shortly after the second one died, I had a dream that a large 'possum, the size of a pit bull, entered through my front door, and I woke up suddenly like someone had just walked into the room.
Point being, that I had a particularly strong relationship with these two 'possums, and I would like to work with their spirits.
I have considered digging up their bones to use for bone reading, but I'm hesitant to disturb their graves without getting some sort of permission from them. I would just ask them out loud but I'm not sure how to look for an answer, or how to correctly interpret that answer.

Anyway, how do you ask a spirit for permission to work with them in bone reading, or for permission to take something from their grave (such as dirt, bones)?
Jean-Marie

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Hello, Jean-Marie,

You could use a pendulum.

You could get a yes/no reading from an AIRR member (some AIRR member do this). Go to the AIRR webpage and see which ones do this: http://readersandrootowrkers.org

You could just wait for a feeling.

And here is the webpage Miss cat wrote about collecting dirt (it's in the first paragraph) : www.luckymojo.com/graveyarddirt.html

Wishing you the best with this
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Jean-Marie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Thank you, that answered both my concerns.

I ended up asking them to speak to me through my tarot cards, and got a definite answer that way (no).

However, I have some chicken bones that I collected from last night's dinner, and talked to her spirit through the cards, and got a willingness to cooperate. So everything worked out.
Jean-Marie

Bone Oracle Divination: Harvesting Your Own Set

Unread postby rowantoshore » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:37 am

Hi, guys.

I recently purchased a set of bones from miss cat and I was wondering if anyone had any experience or knew of any traditional methods of harvesting bones for their set. I'm reading "Bones, Shells, and Curious" now and Michele Jackson doesn't mention it. I know this sounds creepy at first, but I pass so much roadkill every day on my way to work, and I had an idea to bury some of the bodies, pray that their spirits rest in peace, and then come back when the flesh has decomposed and ask the spirits of those animals if they would be okay with me taking some of their bones. I feel like bones harvested this way may be particularly talkative, so to speak. Has anyone done anything like this, or have any advice on the most hygenic way to go about something like this? Thanks.
rowantoshore

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:56 pm

Hello, rowantoshore,

I am sorry but this is beyond the scope of this forum.

My suggestion to you is to book a reading with either Michele Jackson or Miss cat to get private magical coaching on how to do this.

I do want to add, however, that it is very admirable of you to think about ways to insure that these animals did not die in complete vain. And that you're making use of their products and keeping their Spirits active and useful

Good luck
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby DeadlyNightShade » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:45 pm

I've been bone reading for a few months after collecting the stuff for my set since my desire to buy the set lucky mojo supplies, about a year ago. Well I just got my set and am confused slightly about certain pieces and their meanings.

If anyone could help shed some light on possible meanings that I could use/ or help get some ideas It would be greatly appreciated

Instead of receiving a doll arm (which was good because I found one burried in my back yard) I received a doll leg

Aligator foot

Aligator tooth

Norse bone sigil you will always have success the success part I understand but I don't know what the sigil means or how its interpretated if it falls sigil up
DeadlyNightShade

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:16 pm

Hello, DeadlyNightshade,

You will find your answers here:

Michele Jackson's new book on bone reading, "Bones, Shells, and Curio: A Contemporary Method of Casting the Bones (Lucky Mojo, 2014) is now at the printer. Michele Jackson is the Lucky Mojo Forum member known here as mj2 -- and is a member of AIRR.
Here is the book's cover and ordering information:

BOO-DIV-BSAC
Bones, Shells, and Curios: Bone Reading by Michele Jackson
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

You can read more about it, including the contents, here:

http://luckymojo.com/bonesshellsandcurios.html

This book is heavily illustrated by Michele and features many sample readings for you to learn from.

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby DeadlyNightShade » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi I actually own a copy and then read her website where she talks about not useing the aligator tooth or claw. How ever since I've made this post the aligator claw found a new purpose.
DeadlyNightShade

Unread postby Sorcerers Apprentice » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:20 am

Forgive if I am posting in the wrong place, as I am just learning and trying to navigate.
I was just listening to on of the LMC Radio shows (Psychic Vision). I believe it was Oct. 4,2015.
Anyway, on the show it was mentioned that it would be a good Idea to place your crystal bowl in a bowl of Tea made from Mugwort. What would you recommend for divining tools such as the Sangoma bone throwing set ( got my set for Christmas), As there many different items other than bones.

Thank you!
Sorcerers Apprentice

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:21 pm

Hello, Sorcerers Appentice,

Yes, you can do that.

Here are other divination tools: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatdivination.html

Wishing you the best

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Preparing Divination Tools for Use

Unread postby Sorcerers Apprentice » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:20 am

I love listening to the LM Radio show and I have learned much. I need further clarification on a question I have asked previously.
Using a tea made of mugwort is good for bones, shells, crystals.and the cloth used for doing reading. Of course you would use powders lwod be used for paper objects: Tarot cards, etc.
But what about wood, metals, nuts, roots and other objects? What would anyone suggest? And how would you us them?
My wife bought me the Sangoma bone set. I am just finishing Cats book on throwing the bones and am excited to begin using them and want to take good care not to ruin or damage anything.

Please help?

Thank you
Sorcerers Apprentice

Unread postby Miss Athena » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:45 pm

Hi Sorceres Appentice,

I have merged your post with the thread on Bone, Shell and Nut reading. You should get some good ideas from the three pages in this thread.

As for your specific question, smoking them with incense would be a good way to go. It won't damage any of the materials they are made from.

Good luck.
HRCC #1909G
Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Sorcerers Apprentice » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:14 am

Thank you
Sorcerers Apprentice

Unread postby Sorcerers Apprentice » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:03 am

I have a few more questions,

How can one learn the meaning or symbolism of a particular animal or animal bone?
Would there be the difference in meaning for different bone from the same animal?
(For example: Rattlesnake rattle and Rattlesnal vertebra, Bear Claw and Bear knuckle bone).

I have already began building up my Sangoma set, but I don't necessarily know what quality/attribute it symbolizes.
I have began talking to my ancestors asking for guidance, as well as the spirit of animals whose bones I am using.
Are there any other suggestions that will help me to learn about the symbolism and meaning of bones?
I have finished reading Miss Cat's book and am in the process of completing Michele Jacksons book as well.
Both have been extremely helpful. I just feel that I need a little more guidance.

Thank You,
Sorcerers Apprentice

Unread postby Sorcerers Apprentice » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:49 am

I just came across the information sheet that was sent with the Sangoma set. So, then I wish to make an adendum to me previous post.
what can be done to discover anything that did not make it onto the info sheet?
Sorcerers Apprentice

Unread postby Papa Newt » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:52 pm

Hello Sorcerers Apprentice,

The information sheet, Throwing The Bones by Catherine Yronwode, and Bones, Shells, and Curios by Michele Jackson are great diving boards into reading bones. As for information/insight that may not be found in the books just comes with practice, time, and learning to listen. Best of luck to you on your journey with your Bone Set.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!
Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Sorcerers Apprentice » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:12 pm

Thank You!
Sorcerers Apprentice

Unread postby Michele Jackson » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:28 pm

If you have my book and want to ask me questions about it, please feel free to ask me.

That said there are several ways to learn about what a particular piece means if you did not buy it with a specific purpose in mind. cat yronwode talks about this in her book "Throwing the Bones," in the section on "Reading the Bones of Mingled Species," giving possible meanings for different types of bones, and some for various animals as well.

You can do research on the particular animal reading about how it lives and acts in the wild, and also about mythology associated with it. Most animals whose bones are readily available have a wealth of mythology and beliefs about them.

You can ask the bone itself - sit with it quietly, hold it in your hand and ask it what it wants to represent in your divination set - see what comes to mind.

Michele
Michele
Student #54GA and Member of A.I.R.R.
Michele Jackson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby bsw81 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:11 pm

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, hello everyone!

I recently started working with bone throwing after having an interest in it for about six or seven years and finally felt the time was right for me to get into it myself. I live in San Diego, and went to an occult shop here called Mamma Roots and purchased Cats book as well as Michele's book. both are very informative and confirm many things I intuitively felt as well as teaching me a lot of new stuff. I also picked up the Sangoma bone throwing set that I have already begun to embellish with personal items.

so my question is how do most people interpret the china doll leg, I understand the china doll arm, but I can't really quite place the leg. travel? stomping something out? anyways any info is appreciated.

I also plan to take Michele Jacksons course on bone reading in the near future.
bsw81

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:41 pm

Hello, bsw81 ,

Unfortunately, I don't read the bones and cannot tell you what it means.

But if you check the posts above, Michele Jackson's book is very detailed.

Or, if Miss cat sees this post, she could answer your question

I sincerely apologize

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Papa Newt » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:39 pm

Hello bsw81,

I have a doll's leg in my set of bones, the meaning of it, to me, depends on how it lands and what is around it.

For example, in a question about if a person's partner is cheating on them, a domino is face up and next to the domino lays a coyote penis bone. Laying right below the domino is a doll's leg and it is pointing away from the domino as if the domino is walking away. That suggests to me that the person asking the question already knows the deceit at hand, and already has made up their mind to leave this person.

Another example I can think of is when someone was asking if they were being attacked. The cluster had the doll's leg laying on top of a nutmeg, a python rib bone underneath and claws pointing towards the nutmeg. This I kept 'seeing' the foot move as if it was trying to stomp down on the person's luck like stomping a bug on the ground.

Hope that helps.

Many blessings.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!
Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:25 pm

Dear bsw81,

I once read for a client and the doll's leg was kicking a bone skull bead, like a soccer player kicking a ball. I had not even gotten to that part of the array to interpret it when the client burst into my reading with, "I don't want to hear anything about my ancestors. I don't like them and we don't get along." I laughed and showed her the kicking leg and skull and she said, "That looks just about how i feel about them, too." So she "read" herself.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby bsw81 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:58 pm

Thanks for the input everyone, this has given me some good places to start with interpreting this piece!
bsw81

Unread postby Iamabeliever » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:35 pm

How good is a rootworker that read using bones?
Iamabeliever

Unread postby Miss Aida » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:11 pm

Hello, Debrarouse ,

That is an IMPOSSIBLE question to answer.

The only way you are going to know this is too book an appointment with a reader who reads bones and judge for yourself

Find them here:

http://readersandrootworkers.org

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby DanielleM » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:45 pm

I have my copy of Bones, Shells, and Curios by Michele Jackson and I love it! I am reading it slowly and I'm accumulating my own bone set. I plan on purchasing a bone set and using what I've collected to add to it as feels appropriate. I am very excited that I joined this forum. This may push me to really organize myself to get practicing and moving forward with reaching my bone reading goals, along with the other coals I have in the fire.
DanielleM

Unread postby Moonlit Hermit » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:59 am

I have been building a collection of bones for divination. I'm tempted to add a couple of human bones to my collection. I'm curious to hear what y'all think of that idea.
Moonlit Hermit

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Hello, Moonlit Hermit

I'm sorry but I don't read bones.

But, if you scroll down just a little on this page, you can see what the human bones do:

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatherbs.html#zoological

I hope this helps

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Moonlit Hermit --

Human bones are used in hoodoo both as magical curios and for divination. That's why we sell them at the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Moonlit Hermit » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:10 pm

Aha! I see that now. I think I'll be adding to my bag. Thanks.
Moonlit Hermit

Unread postby DeepSouthConjure » Thu May 04, 2017 5:36 pm

Jean Marie--

In response to finding your possums approval, I would make sure to first bring offerings of their favorite food and/or toys. For me, you give a little, take a little. Same as any live relationship. Once you've laid the offering, stash a while. Be receptive. Listen for sounds, Be ready for emotions, physical feelings, sudden thoughts... That is the best way I can describe it.

I'm a big possum lover! LOL To me, they're just like cats! I think you'll certainly know whether or not they give a yes or no, since you've spent so much time. Maybe you'll feel a nibble on your hand or you'll suddenly smell their scent and have a happy feeling? I'd consider that a confirmation. If nothing at all were to occur, and it was just quiet, maybe if I got a very sad or ominous feeling I'd say that's a no.

Grave DIRT is usually taken after asking, but I'm sure if it were legal, bones would almost always be preferable. I assume that the same thoughts would apply, since even taking the dirt from a grave [i]is[i] considered a disruption... But, isn't that the whole point? If you disrupt the grave, the spirit moves.
DeepSouthConjure

bone reading on an international level

Unread postby Mumma Raewyn » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi all.

I've been interested in curios for as long as I can remember. Collecting (and misplacing) interesting seeds, stones, trinkets etc. I've recently (over the last 6-8 months) been drawn to charm/bone oracles, and a more down to earth/shamanic path. I've recently bought 'Stones, Bones & Curios" and "Throwing the Bones" which I love!!!

I'm an Australian and I (despite) having purely Anglo ancestry,I have a deep love and connection to my country. Unlike America, our indigenous history is very much buried or kept within mobs (tribes) and as such, it's hard to learn about and find information on native techniques and meanings.
If I bought a bone throwing starter kit from Lucky Mojo, would it have the same connection/potency/accuracy here? We don't have alligators, coyotes or raccoons. Not do we have the availability of eclecticism that there is in America, so sourcing local substitutes is actually quite difficult and expensive.

I know that this hasn't been articulated as clearly as it could be, but I hope it's enough to understand my dilemma and any advice/assistance would be very much appreciated.
Mumma Raewyn

Unread postby Jimm108 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:36 am

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping someone may be able to answer this question for me and hoping I am posting this in the correct forum.
I will be traveling out of the country soon and mt wife wants me to bring my Bone divination set with me. I would love to.

However, I am concerned. I am wondering if it might be an issue going through customs. Has anyone had any experience with this?
Is there any advice anyone could offer?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Jimm108

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:55 pm

Hello, Mumma Raewyn

Welcome to the forum

I am sorry but I am having a difficult time understanding your question

There are 2 ways of looking at this:

The interpretation n the instructions is the interpretation. Or the interpretation is what it means to you. That would be entirely up to you and your Spirits.

Other than that, "accuracy" is what you need to practice. Mistakes are merely learning experiences and, as you well, know, practice makes perfection

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:57 pm

Hello, Jimm108,

I am sorry but I don't have an answer for you

You could contact the Webpage and ask them directly.

However, if you don't need to bring them, better safe than sorry

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Previous

• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

Return to Divination Tools, Tarot Cards, Pendulums, Crystal Balls, and Spirit Boards