• Advertisement
Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:28 pm

Rue Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Unread postby gylesgyles » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:01 am

Hi guys,
I want to start and maintain an uncrossing/cleansing regime and reading Ms Cat's HHRM book saw a section on RUE. It says ' to kill a jinx, light white cross candles, dress with uncrossing oil and burn RUE, AGRIMONY,BENZOIN on charcoal for 3 nights'.

Cos it's not that clear can someone help me with :
how many candles would be needed
What time of day would be best to start, also what particular day of week
Do I bath with the said herbs also
What prayer should be receited
Do I stop after 3 nights or continue another time???

Thanks for any answers guys!
gylesgyles

Re: Question on RUE from Ms Cat's book

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:25 am

Remember spells are done when they are needed. Some work by clock, moon phases, day of week etc. for various reasons. So that is purely up to you. As for the number of candles, I previously asked about the crucifix candles, one or two can be used. If you do a forum search there were conversations regarding days of the week to do spell work.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Question on RUE from Ms Cat's book

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:35 am

Don't overcomplicate things.

This work is pretty straightforward - dress the candle in Uncrossing oil, burn the herbs. As with all hoodoo work, PRAY while you do this.
It doesn't need to be a particular prayer, or it would have named one. Just pray.

You could section one candle in 3 for each of the three nights of the ritual, or (depending on the size of the cross, I've seen a small one and a really large one before) burn a new one each night.

I would definately do this as part of a cleansing, so you could use Uncrossing bath crystals, or 13-Herb bath.

Just so you know, this is very specific to undoing a crossing that someone has sent to you. It won't really touch general negativity, or negativity that you brought on yourself very well. If you are intending to start an ongoing, regular cleansing routine, you will want something that covers more bases than just that. I would go for 13-Herb Bath and Chinese Wash with Protection incense burned afterwards and the house sealed at the windows and doors with Protection oil for an ongoing work.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

The correct way to use Rue for cleaning?

Unread postby JasmineTalula » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:21 pm

I herd this is a powerful cleanser and would like to use it. What is the best way of using this product?
JasmineTalula

Re: The correct way to use Rue for cleaning?

Unread postby Turnsteel » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:24 pm

Lucky Mojo sells Rue Herb, Rue oil, Rue bath crystals, and other products with Rue that are not specifically sued in bathing. Rue is generally employed for protection from the evil eye, not for cleansing in the sense you seem to want.
Turnsteel

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:36 pm

Read here about LM's Rue and you will get an idea

Read about how to use the Rue herb here:
http://herb-magic.com/rue.html

Read about how to use all of the Lucky Mojo oils here:
http://luckymojo.com/oils.html

Read about how to use all of the Lucky Mojo bath crystals here:
http://luckymojo.com/baths.html
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: The correct way to use Rue for cleansing?

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:46 am

Rue is a cleansing herb that is specifically good at cleansing away the evil eye, or other negativity that was sent to you by other people (either consciously or subconsciously).

HER-RUE-LEAF
Rue Leaf (Ruda, Ruta)
$3.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:40 am

Make sure when you use it, that you are bathing from head to toe to get rid of the negativity.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby 7planets » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:25 pm

I know Rue is a great cleanser but I'm having problems with candles. Everytime I use rue with a white candle wierdness happens

I've been back in hoodoo for almost a year and a lot of good things have happened since I've commited myself to the work.
Short bio, my mother died last year and I found that she had been working a curse against my son and myself for years.

Answered a lot of questions I had through the years, about why things kept falling through in money, love, relationships, and weird things would happening for years that didn't make any sense.

I have been reading the info to make sure I'm using Rue correctly but every time I use it something strange happens, I start tripping, banging into things, feel unsettled, restless, can't focus, What is going on?
"without a vision, the people perish" pvb 29:18
7planets

Re: Everytime I use rue with a white candle wierdness happens

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Rue is more of a protective herb; read about it here http://herb-magic.com/rue.html

Question: Have you had a reading on this situation? Lucky Mojo has several highly respected readers and rootworkers (AIRR - Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers - http://www.readersandrootworkers.org).

From your posts, it seems that you may need something to bring an end to these conditions, I have found success in using the spiritual cleansing bath, 13 herb (http://www.herb-magic.com/13herb-bath-13.html); it removes negative conditions and puts an end to crossed conditions. Since this situation has been long standing, you may want to do the full 13 days. Followed by 9 herb spiritual bath (http://www.herb-magic.com/9herb-bath-9.html) to open the way for strength, wisdom and personal mastery and 7 herb spiritual bath (http://www.herb-magic.com/7herb-bath-7.html) to draw in good things, money, love...

Here is further discussion on Rue in this post...the-correct-way-to-use-rue-for-cleaning--t7679s30.html
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:21 pm

I think that you need to definitely pursue a reading, and perhaps employ the help of a root worker. Rue is a strong unjinxing herb. I am guessing that your mom might have worked something against you to make you not be able to practice hoodoo meaning she bound you from being able to attack her back. I am just assuming that is the reason why, but you need to get a better sense through the reading.

In addition, considering she was your mother, she might have buried, or there might have been a doll something that still exists that is causing your misery, and these weird events.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby 7planets » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:22 pm

I have had a reading with Cat, just before I started working with hoodoo again to make sure I was on the right track. I wanted her to get a sense of who I was and, background, experience and my situation. It was a relief to talk to someone who understood the situation and knew something about my family's hoodoo teacher and my mentor. She confirmed my suspicions and suggested the 13 herb bath, the 9 herb bath and the 7 herb bath as well. I also believe that with the acres of property available to my mother, she buried some type of work.

There seem to be layers in this work as well. I am seeing improvement but probably need help in sorting them out.

My main question is this: If your mother had been taught by a seasoned hoodoo worker (who you know for a fact had good intentions and thought she would use it to protect her family) then after his death tried to use all her knowledge to destroy you and your family what would you do?
7planets

Unread postby jwmcclin » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:02 pm

Interesting question, did the reading reveal this? I definitely would follow cat's advice.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:19 pm

You wrote "every time I use [Rue] something strange happens, I start tripping, banging into things, feel unsettled, restless, can't focus, What is going on?."

Here is a two-step procedure for sorting wout your issues:

Rue and Syrian Rue (Aspand) are probably the most popular anti-curse herbs in the worls. If the problem is that you personally are not compatible with the spirit of Rue, then change to another herb that repels curses, such as Agrimony or Aspand.

If after working with both Agrimony and Aspand you still experience the prolems, then it may be that the curse that is on you contains embedded traps that would keep you from undertaking effective work, and you will need a personal cleansing and ongoing spiritual assistance from a professional root doctor.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Rue Questions and Answers

Unread postby 7planets » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Hello cat,

Thank you -I appreciate your comments, always.

My issue is years of strange mess happening in my life with my faith and my family ( my children, now grown) have always been the most important things in my life and finally finding evidence of hoodoo work my mother did on my family, especially myself and my son about 1986, when our rootworking mentor/teacher passed.

Health- Hair - Last spring I started using Agimony, Nettle and Pennyroyal after finding HHRM info for taking hexes off caused by someone using your hair or clothes after my hair began matting in big balls that had to be cut out. I knew something just wasn't right - they kept getting bigger and worse each time. I went from having thick waist length hair to wearing a wig to let my hair "rest" which wasn't working either. Also big bump on my forehead contusion from an abusive situation.

My son also needs serious help as well.

Money, work, finances-Weirdness trying to get and keep jobs, not being able to keep money when we get it, Computers messing up when I try to use them. I have held money in my hands that always seemed to want to drop, get lost or disappear - I'm not kidding. Getting lost on the way to a job or an interview for no reason. Confusion in college classes I'm taking since being laid off, in 2007, on financial aid and had to take the same class 3 times because of a death, and a weird fire. Going from an "A" student to hoping for a "C".

Love, family friends - Weird people are attracted to us, come into our lives, get attached to us who only want to drag us down.

When there is good that happens, it seems unusually hard keep it going on and it's always unusually hard to spend time with good friends and be part of positive good situations.

I have finished the 13 and 9 herb baths, finishing the 7 herb bath this week - yes I feel and see improvement, this I know will take time.

About the rue-

Rue in a bath doesn't seem to be a problem I always use it with other herbs, rosemary, rose geranium, lavender, and as I'm house cleaning with chinese wash.

Rue on a candle is another matter and yes, I could use help with how to use Rue on a white candle. I've been using it with agrimony , nettle, pennyroyal, peony, uncrossing for uncrossing sometimes seem to be ok , other times seems like back at square one or farther.

I'm also reviewing the posts about reversing vs uncrossing, van van vs road opener. Trying to find everything I can to steer me in the right direction and get rid of this old junk.

Just found the posts for "reversing and removing a 15 year spell and bringing love" Similar issues, familiar pattern, seem to fit my situation and the responses make sense to me as well.

Yes, money is an issue and then a place to make my stand and go foward.
7planets

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:38 pm

7planets,

To answer your earlier question, yes, i have seen mothers do this to their own children out of jealousy.

Since reading for you on the radio today, i now know more about the problem. Dr. Kioni was led to reveal a truly unqiue method for removal -- PEMANENT removal -- of the problem.

To return to the subject of Rue (the title of this thread), if it is not for you, then let it be. Do not focus on the pattern of difficulties, but focus instead on the things that bring relief from trouble, that lift your spirits, and that open your way.

We'll talk some more, i am sure. Keep studying -- that is the way out of this financial hole. You can do better than a "C" and you know it! Ask for abundance, claim it!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby 7planets » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:42 pm

catherine,

Well. That's going to mean some explaining to God Himself one of these days.

Then I was right to teach myself to not think about the why, to work on monitoring my thoughts about it, to continue teach myself to focus enough to handle but not dwell. Work with what works and go for the good.

That Dr. Kioni's will really be permanent sounds like music to my ears and if someone tells you about a good place to find frogs in the area of Seal Beach, Huntington Beach, Long Beach, Ca will you let know?

I just thought of a great nature park near here actually that I'm going to try tomorrow.

You are right again, catherine. I've been leaving the rue alone, except in sprays that aren't on me directly after the last time I used it when tripped again and could have really hurt myself.

I laughed out loud when I read our comment about the "C".

Miles separate us and we've never met in person, but as my mentor always said
"the Spirits (holy or not) always recognize one another ".

He never said the "holy or not' but it was always implied and it always made me smile.

And yes, I have been applying myself to my affirmations and will continue to do so.

I think you and I will talk some more too.
7planets

Rue in Baths

Unread postby PlagueJester » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:41 pm

Howdy! I'm fairly new to actually practicing magic, though I've been in the study it for some years now. I feel that it's finally time for me to move into that step. Being thus, I'm full of questions!

I plan on ordering some rue from the store. I've, from a book, found a use for the rue. However, the book gave a property of the rue, not a specific way in which to use it. I want to put it in a bath. Your store says it will work just fine in a bath (in the product description it says it can be used in baths).

But, I want to double check that it's not information from another item accidentally posted in rue. I'm worried about this because in my research of the plant, I've discovered that if rue is on the skin and sunlight hits it, it causes some most uncomfortable looking blisters. I don't know much about anything medical, so I wasn't sure if the article meant that the heat caused by the sun created the adverse effect, or if it was the direct sunlight itself.

I'd most certainly hate to get into a rue infused bath to climb out completely covered in blisters.

Thanks in advance,
Kyle
PlagueJester

Re: Rue in Baths

Unread postby aura » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:23 am

Hi Kyle,

a number of herbs used topically can induce photo-sensitivity, orange and grapefruit to name a couple more. That said, it isn't a reason not to use them (unless you're allergic to the herb or fruit that is); it is a reason to dilute sufficiently. A quart of herb tea is all you need for a FULL bath-tub of water.

The best book I've found on what to do with herbs, rather than only their significance, is Miss Cat's Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic which you won't regret tagging on to your order: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html

Finally, given that you're interested in rue (http://www.luckymojo.com/rueandcimaruta.html); consider looking into 13-herb spiritual bath as well http://www.herb-magic.com/13herb-bath-one.html.

Blessings and best of luck.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Unread postby PlagueJester » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Thank you very much, Aura! I never considered that diluting it might work. After seeing the pics of the blisters caused by rue, I was quite trepidant about putting the stuff anywhere near my skin. Imagine your entire body covered in blisters!

As for that book, I might very well end up buying that, though perhaps at another time. While I hope to use this store often and become a recognizable figure in the forum, my path is one that is quite different than that of yourself and others I've seen while perusing the forums. Right now, in my own path, I plan on keeping to mostly ceremonial acts. Perhaps when I'm ready to move on to other magics I'll get the book (as the description of it makes it appear to be quite a valuable tool).

Kyle
PlagueJester

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:48 pm

PlagueJester: This forum is for questions regarding the Lucky Mojo Curio Company products and for further discussion regarding their usage in the African-American traditional folk magic way. Not many, but some, of our forums members practice ceremonial magic. I hope you will find more information about the magic and herbal uses you are looking into here and enjoy your time in these forums.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:13 am

PlagueJester,

As an add-on to the fact that Grapefruit and Orange can also cause photo-sensitivity, it should be noted that Rue is not only a member of the same botanical family, but it is the titular species of the family -- that is, Orange and Grapefruit (and Lemons and Limes) are in the Rutaceae -- the Rue Family.

Working with herbs, either for magic or for medicine, is facilitated by a study of botany. :-)

And, as Dr. Bronner always said, "Dilute! Dilute!"

Good luck.

P.S. This thread has been merged into the longer, ongoing thread about Rue. We try to keep each product we sell in its own single thread, for ease of use by customers. Thanks!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby aura » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:30 am

Thank you for the botanic specificity Miss Cat - I love your way with herbs ;)
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:41 am

HER-RUE-LEAF
Rue Leaf (Ruda, Ruta)
$3.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Dolmance » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:00 am

Hi,

Are there any dangers to using rue in a bath for a pregnant woman? I am aware that rue can cause uterine contractions, but I'm not sure if a simple bath in a packet of rue would be sufficient to cause problems.

Are there any other herbs that pregnant women should avoid in baths?

Many thanks,

D
Dolmance

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:10 pm

Good Evening Dolmance,
Here is a thread on the subject: search.php
You should also consult a physician and an herbalist.
Hope this helps.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby HappinessRules » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:35 am

Hey can rue and van van be mixed as a cleaning bath? Both have negative energy removing properties
HappinessRules

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:01 pm

Hello, HappinessRules ,

Yes they can

But I would personally prefer bathing with the rue. Then, putting van van on as soon as I got out of the tub/shower

Wishing you the best

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

• Advertisement
Association of Independent Readers & Rootworkers

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork