Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

How Long To Wait Between Psychic Readings?

How to contact AIRR or HP for an authentic hoodoo psychic reading, conjure consultation, or magical coaching, and how to hire a root doctor.
cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

How Long To Wait Between Psychic Readings?

Unread post by cabriellenil » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:36 am

Dear Group

I have some questions about divination and I'd like to ask you guys for insights.

Six months ago I got a reading from a professional rootworker, who'd given me pretty accurate readings in the past. This reading said there'd be new work opportunities and my finance would pick up. I asked Obi if I'd get a particular job I had in mind and the answer was yes. At the same, I had a candle set on Lucky Mojo altar. The report was also positive (clean burn), but stated that there might be 'slight delays'.

Since then I've indeed got a couple of freelance gigs and am making some decent extra cash. There's still no news about me getting the job though.

Usually, how long do you wait until you get another reading to see if the situation has changed?

Thanks a lot.

Cabrielle
HRCC Graduate #1610

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Re: How Long To Wait Between Psychic Readings?

Unread post by Literarylioness » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:30 am

cabriellenil

If your last reading was six months ago, I would say it is time for you to get another to see what is the hold-up with this job.

As for the timing of psychic readings, it is up to the individual and what is going on in his or her life. I have a client who gets a reading once a month and another who does once a week. Personally, I think once a week is excessive. Usually, that client just wants to talk and goes to the psychic as a form of therapy.

I get a psychic reading on or around my birthday and that is it for me. Unless, I am going through a lot and than I will get a reading for more insight.

Mary

brujaha

Unread post by brujaha » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:53 pm

I agree- about every 6 months to a year sounds adequate. Also, depending upon the reader, they tell you what dates certain things are likely to occur, so once the final month that they mention to you has arrived, and things have happened as predicted, that's the time to go for another reading.

Good luck,
brujaha

Mother Mystic
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mother Mystic » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:19 am

If someone is doing work for you or you are doing work for yourself, I usually recommend having another divination 6 weeks after the work is finished (i.e. the candle finished burning).

Susan
Mother Mystic - Psychic Tarot Reader, Spiritual Worker, Minister

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:17 pm

i have one 2 months ago with Ms cat and i want to know when is the best time to have another. :?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:25 pm

If you are doing work, I would give it at least a month before getting another reading. It just gives time for the work to manifest, and so on. But you had one two months ago so I would get another one.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:05 pm

i tend to wait 3-5mon between readings to let things happen. really depends on what time line the reader gave if they say give it 3-6mo id get a reading after the 6mo. if im doing work id wait 3mo then get another reading if nothing has changed to see whats going on and how should i adapt the work. if you are not doing work and just getting a general reading about a situation id use discretion and again think about the time frame the worker said if they said it will take 3-6mo, getting one on the 4mo might be jumping the gun. I am concerned that you are over thinking things and freaking out and want a reading to confirm or denigh things. i think thats dangerous cuz you did not give it enough time (2mo) and then you will debate the readings.. just give it some time
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:58 pm

Hmm thats a good point j82. Readings TOO soon are just a product of overthinking, and getting all anxious because its not happening. But naturally people are not going to wait 3 months to get a reading. Thats ideal, but people get all anxious and impatient. But I would definitely say you should not be getting them every week...thats just ridiculous.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:37 pm

What happened to the skill of divination? Seems a lot of people are willing to get into rootwork, but don't really bother developing their ability to read along with it. I mean my teacher made me learn how to work with the tarot, geomancy, astrology, and working with pendulums. Maybe its me just being old fashioned ;-). Though, in my opinion the people at AIRR are amazing to work with and if you are too emotional or can't seem to focus, or don't do divinations for yourself, then they are the professionals you want to see. Generally, I do divining work daily to help see what the day, week, etc holds in store for me. When it comes to checking up on work, I usually do a reading a few days after the casting to see how its going, then I check up on the progress at the end of the month, then the end of three months. Usually I only do a reading at the three month mark if i have not seen any results. The one month mark helps me gague if i need to do anything further work etc. My recommendation would be to get a reading if you feel like its time or there is something that is bothering you. However, try to also be patient and trust what the reader told you. Give things time to come about and you'll be surprised to see how accurately things turn out ;-).
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Daytona12

Unread post by Daytona12 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:12 am

j82

wow that is a long time to wait. I tend to wait two weeks after I get a reading and plus the root worker is doing the work for me for a situation on the person he or she is working for. The only advice that they have gave me is to just wait DO NOT talk, call, get in touch with the person because it would wreck the work that the root worker is doing and take their advice because it will save you a lot of hard ache and pain. I tend to check on to see how the situation is progressing after two weeks . Some are quick or some are just taking their time so yeah 3 months is top, yet it also depends on the AIRR worker's time line and work because each root worker person whom helps people for any cause work differently from others. So it really depends.

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:39 am

thank you guys, the other question is ,should be with the same root worker or one different. my last reading 2 months ago was good and i don't have any work to do, she just gave me some advice to help my relationship and so far everything go fine. so , i think i will wait to the end of the year to have another one.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:08 am

You do not have to have it with the same reader. But different readers are going to pick up on different things, but if you are content with that reader then stay with them.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:16 pm

While it certainly isn't required that you stick to just one reader. In fact working with different readers will give you different perspectives like Stars said. They work with different methods of divination and are sensitive to different things so can give you insight from a different angle. Though usually its best to have one all around reader that you build a working and trusting relationship with. This helps them really dig in and give powerful insight.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Frater Hod

Unread post by Frater Hod » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:45 pm

When I have a difficult situation, I may get a reading once a week until it clears up. When my life is going along easily, I will get just one reading a year, on or about my birthday, to see some predictions for the year to come.

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:46 pm

thank you all you guys. i love this forum, everybody are very helpful.

Lillith74
HRCC Student

Unread post by Lillith74 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:16 am

Ive been reading a lot of posts on this forum and am interested in what you do when readings are positive, but there is absolutely no movement at all towards your goal within three weeks- no contact with the intended, etc. How long do you keep focused? People say set a time limit- what do you all suggest?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:22 pm

You have options here Lillith74, ...to name a few....

(1) contact your reader and inquire,

(2) step up your work to include communication conjure, or

(3) try to busy yourself with other matters.

Sometimes when doing work, we get caught up looking for something to happen and not make the first move for various reasons. But remember spell work is work, you have to decide how far to go or to let go...
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:59 am

Hi Lillith74,

jwmcclin gave you several options, including contacting your reader & working some communication conjure - it's advice to be acted upon ;)

The following thread can give you many ideas to step up the communication:
contact-me,-call-me,-reconnect-spell-qu ... t2982.html

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:48 pm

Most people will get readings about every 3 months to check on their progress. Those who can afford it will even go to a once-a-month reading schedule if they have a good relationship with a reader. Even a ten-minute reading once a month will help you through the ups and downs that may accompany your work.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:06 am

I agree with Cat. I think its important to get check up readings, but you must give it time to manifest. I think giving things at least 3 to 4 weeks after a few spells on the same matter is a good practice. However, if something didnt burn right such as a candle cracking, or dirty sooty candle then a person should plan to get a reading to see how this can be changed if at all.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:28 pm

keep in mind over 6mo a lot can change in a reconcilation situation without keeping tabs on it spiritually and physically its hard to adapt to make the proper changes to make it work. Rec work is very hard in it self.

Iv had similar situation with an ex reading was positive but as time went on it moved negative (showed up in the reading and candles I had burned for me)

had I only done the one reading and never followed through Id been blind sided.

Keep in mind at the time of the reading this was what was going on, but ppl have free will and events change.

I personally wont do rec work on an ex for more then a month and move on, I refuse to hold onto something.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

DelArca

Unread post by DelArca » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:26 pm

For one particular issue of mine that I have been working for awhile, I have a reading about 1x every 2 months or so and I work on it (candles + products) continually to keep things moving.

affie

Unread post by affie » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:30 am

I'm really confused. my ex and I had rootwork done to break us up, if I get a reading while we are still broken up and the rootwork still going, will a reading that is done, the outcome be different than a reading that is done after the spell work has worn off?

I'm asking because I am In this situation, my ex and I were broken up by his jealous child's mom doing work on us, I never retaliated because I felt like if it was meant to be we would be.

I had readings some by 3 airr persons and was told that he will come back by two and one said he wanted to eat his cake and have it too and move on ect.

Fast forward, I did a few more readings this year, one was done very recently and has the same outcome, I got the ace of cups and nine of cups as to how my ex feels to me. the last reading was today; was told that he really wants to come back but is scared of rejection because he is thinking of how badly he acted after he broke up with me ect.

So my question, I've been told the work against us is wearing off, can this be the reason the reading is different and he is thinking of coming back??

I'm just unclear as to why I got two different readings.

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:23 pm

Hello affie,

I merged your post into the thread about how long to wait between readings, as this seems to be most appropriately linked to your situation.

Please read through this thread to get an idea of timing of readings and how that may affect your work. It is indeed possible to get too many readings at a time from too many readers, which contributes to confusion.

Work from your most recent reading. If your reader indicated that your target has obstacles to acting on his feelings for you, then you should consult that reader on the kind of spiritual work you should be doing to overcome those obstacles.

Spells can "wear off" over time depending on their nature and the power of the practitioner.

I would have your reader/rootworker advise you on the best course of action for moving forward.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Moderator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:24 pm

With respect to readings, i think it is important to understand that they are soundings, a bit like weather reports with weather predictions built in.

1) What is going on that i cannot see because it is secet?
2) What is going on that i cannot see because it is far away?
3) What is coming my way, and when?
4) What is going to change, and when?
5) If i do nothing, what will happen?
6) If i do rootwork or hire it done, what will happen?

These are the kinds of questions readers answer, but note that not all of them deal with the future, and even of those that do deal with the future, not all are about the distant future. After all, you know you will die, so a too-distant reading is pointless. You know that is is colder in winter than summer, but you are looking for an upcoming weather prediction for the next few days, weeks, or months, not a generalization about weather patterns for the next fifty years.

Understanding what makes for a good reading for you is the first step toward becoming a wise client. Working with a sympathetic and wise reader is the best way to get good counsel. Jumping from reader to reader -- especially getting frequent readings from readers who don't really know you or your situation -- is not the best way to work with readers. Try different readers, but when you find one you are comfortable with, stay with that reader if you can.

I hope that advice is of help to you.
catherine yronwode

Ashconci08
Newly Registered

Unread post by Ashconci08 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:43 pm

Hello!

I am new to the forum so I hope I put this in the right fourm section. I have a question. I just recently went to a psychic who I have been going to for a little while and she just said something about my future that scared me! I asked her if there was anything I could do to go down a different path or fix the situation and she gave me very little advice. I don't know if she felt I wouldn't fix the situation or if she rather have me suffer through this, but I am actually really upset.... should I go to a different psychic and if so how long should I wait to get another reading?

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Hello, Ashconci08 ,

Welcome to the forum.

If you went to a psychic who upset you, it may be a part of a scam to frighten you into getting more readings. I suggest that you get a short (ten minute to half and hour) reading from a member of AIRR. They are ethical practitioners and will actually check in on the reader who read you before.
HRCC Graduate #1631

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Following on what Miss Aida mentioned -- the subject of check-readings:

I do check readings for clients on other readers, especially on non-AIRR readers whom the client found at random on the internet or went to in person in a large city.

Most of the time the first reader did tell the truth, as far as i can see, and i can even confirm portions of what the first reading foretold.

But some times the first reading was completely bogus and was just a lead-in to a parasitic relationship with the client. And in those cases, i will tell it like it is.

Some clients are relieved (and half-knew the earlier reading was a scam, anyway), but some clients cling to the frightening reading, no matter what i see and and say -- and they go back to the first reader for more drama and fright.
catherine yronwode

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers, Hoodoo Psychics”