Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Women's Work Book by Aura Laforest Questions and Answers

All about hoodoo and conjure spell books, instruction books, grimoires, and books on magic and spirituality.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Women's Work Book by Aura Laforest Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:55 pm

The Lucky Mojo Curio Co. is proud to announce a new book in our series on practical hoodoo spells, techniques, and tricks.

Women's Work is a revelatory look at the magic that only woman can perform -- a collection of more than 100 spells for self-empowerment, career, love, sex, marriage, motherhood, and fidelity, written by Aura Laforest, author of the popular book "Hoodoo Spiritual Baths," a Moderator here at the Forum, and a member of the Association of Readers and Rootworkers.

Read more here: http://www.luckymojo.com/womenswork.html

BOO-GRI-WOWO
Women's Work by Aura Laforest
$9.00

Home-Style Hoodoo Spells for Marriage, Sex, and Motherhood.

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

CONTENTS
---------
Dedication 4
Acknowledgements 4
Introduction 5
Why "Women's Work"? 6
A Rootworking Vocabulary 7
Traditional Tools and Methods 9
Before You Start 12
..... A Job of Work, Indeed 12
..... How to Hire Spell-Work Done 13
..... The Magical and the Mundane 14
..... Obstacles to Successful Spells 16
The Stages of Our Lives 18
..... A Woman's Journey 18
The Young Woman 20
..... Resolving Female Guilt 20
..... Self-Forgiveness 21
..... Bad Habits and Addiction 24
..... Distress and Mental Illness 28
The Independent Woman 30
..... Your Personal Power 30
..... Building Self-Empowerment 31
..... Winning the Respect of Others 34
..... Empowering Charisma 35
..... Establishing Financial Stability 36
The Lover 40
..... Loving and Respecting Yourself 40
..... Ready for a Relationship 42
..... How to Choose the Right Mate 44
..... Loving, As You Like It 45
..... Our Secret: Menstrual Blood 49
..... Women Who Do Not Bleed 55
..... Single Ladies: Put a Ring On It 56
The Wife 58
..... Spiritual Cooking Secrets 60
..... The Spiritually Clean Home 62
..... Yard and Garden Secrets 64
..... Reign Within Your Home 66
..... How to Fix Hand-Made Goods 66
..... How to Fix Home Furnishings 67
..... Spiritual Home Protection 68
..... Settling in with the In-Laws 70
..... The Sexual Spark in Marriage 71
..... Fidelity and Tying His Nature 72
..... Getting Money from Men 74
The Mother 75
..... Catching a Baby 75
..... Afterbirth Concerns 77
..... Help for Mothers 78
The Grandmother 82
The Widow 83
Starting Over 84
..... Try, Try Again 84
..... Opening Yourself to Change 84
..... Reconciliation and Reunion 86
..... How to Get a Good Divorce 89
The Hoodoo Lady 92
Bibliography 96

First Edition 2017

Published by
The Lucky Mojo Curio Company
6632 Covey Road
Forestville, California 95436
http://www.luckymojo.com
catherine yronwode

coastwitch
Forum Member

Re: Women's Work Book by Aura Laforest Questions and Answers

Unread post by coastwitch » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:45 pm

I love the cover to this book. It matches Aura's other book, "Hoodoo Spiritual Baths." They make a very pretty set. I have pre-ordered and am looking forward to getting my copy.
coastwitch

ThedaBara
Forum Member

Unread post by ThedaBara » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:25 pm

I love that there seem to be so many sections dedicated to strengthening, nurturing, and loving ourselves as well as working for the love and advancement of others. I'm so excited about all the upcoming book releases!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue May 16, 2017 9:00 pm

"Women's Work" by Aura Laforest is now available at Amazon as well as through our shop.
catherine yronwode

coastwitch
Forum Member

Unread post by coastwitch » Thu May 25, 2017 9:33 am

I got my copy... and here is my review:

If you are looking for magic spells for sex, marriage, fidelity, motherhood, and house blessing for yourself, your friends, or your clients, this book is a real help. It contains over 100 traditional women's conjure spells from the 19th century to the present that promote strong, protected, successful, and meaningful lives for women, from youth through old age.

"Women's Work" starts with a brief and respectful historical look at hoodoo (African American folk magic) but quickly gets down to the kind of real-life situations that today's women must face, such as body shaming, drug addition, job security, career promotion, sexuality, seductiveness, menstruation, marriage, fidelity, infidelity, fertility, infertility, pregnancy, childbirth, nursing, home protection, family safety, stingy husbands, divorce, grandchildren, widowhood, and removing curses from men who have been tied or bound by their ex-partners.

In tough cases that involve medical or legal issues, the author wisely explains how to overcome these challenges through a combination of mundane and magical means, never disrespecting the practical realities of science, law, or society, but always urging the addition of roots, herbs, enchantment, prayer, and down-home hoodoo spells to give women a path to successful outcomes.

The spells range from simple to complex, and involve the magical use of herbs, roots, candles, anointing oils, teas, baths, mojo bags, sachet powders, incense, prayers, petition papers, and personal concerns. (Speaking of personal concerns, the section on menstrual blood spells is alone worth the modest price of the text.) As with Ms. Aura Laforest's earlier book, "Hoodoo Spiritual Baths", the ingredients are easy to obtain and in many cases are common household goods, which is in keeping with the folkloric nature of this form of magic. Full recipes are given for making many of the formulas and products from scratch, while others, such as the oils, are common supplies available inexpensively through most African American style hoodoo drug stores, online or in person.

This is not a book of anthropological theory. I would call it a "girl scout manual" of magic spells that can be worked by women of all levels of expertise and knowledge. Even an experienced witch such as myself found some exciting surprises inside. Short and sweet, "Women's Work" contains many sorcerous secrets that can help you become a happier woman and it is chock-full of the type of practical folk magic that has been contributed to our culture by countless female root workers of the past 100 years.
coastwitch

littlewing
Forum Member

Unread post by littlewing » Sat May 27, 2017 8:58 am

I can't wait to pick up Aura's book the next time I'm in the shop! I looked on Amazon and it says "usually ships in a month". Seems like a long time to wait.
Thank you Saint Expedite, St. Joseph, and St. Jude
Thank you Miss Aida and Aura

ThedaBara
Forum Member

Unread post by ThedaBara » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:19 am

I love this book so much. I'm only part way through it, but it's written with such kindness and empathy for any woman who could possibly pick it up that it's actually made me cry a few times. Aura's wonderful heart radiates from every page. I can't wait to apply these practices to my life.

stillsosola
Forum Member

Unread post by stillsosola » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:16 pm

I adore this book! really love it my daughter is thirteen and I intend on gifting her this book on her quincenera. the section on menstrual blood is so spot on and the self forgiveness section is wonderful

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:07 am

So glad this book is helping so many people! :)
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:38 am

HEADS UP!

It's Facebook Fridays! for August 17, 2018, and Women's Work extends far beyond the kitchen!

The Lucky Mojo Curio Company is holding a random drawing to give away 4 copies of "Women's Work: Home-Style Hoodoo Spells for Marriage, Sex, and Motherhood" by Aura Laforest, an instruction-packed compilation that unlocks the magical secrets of female rootworkers and conjurers, along with a packet of hand-made Lucky Mojo brand Money House Blessing Bath Crystals, which is used as a floor scrub to bring cash income to your home.

All you have to do to enter is to post a comment to the contest announcement on the Lucky Mojo Facebook page, Facebook Fridays! status message.

http://www.facebook.com/LuckyMojoCurio

First thing tomorrow morning, we will select FOUR winners at random, announce their names here, and ask them to message this Facebook Page with their mail

catherine yronwode

Sparklegirl
Forum Member

Unread post by Sparklegirl » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:06 am

I bought this book because I had Aura Laforest's other book on Spiritual Baths, which I use a lot. I was surprised at the depth of the thoughts she expressed about life, as well as all of the original and traditional rootwork spells included. Aura is just as gentle and helpful in the book as her answers here in the forum. I think men will enjoy reading it too. but it really is specially for women, just like the title says. Thanks, Aura.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Books, Pamphlets, Instruction Manuals, and Grimoires in Hoodoo”