Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Mojo Seen, Touched, Dropped, Washed, Unfed, Lost, Torn, Open

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure hands, mojo bags, nation sacks, trick bags, tobies, jomos, spell packets, Jack balls, and dolls.
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Mojo Seen, Touched, Dropped, Washed, Unfed, Lost, Torn, Open

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:32 am

Mojo hands can be "killed" or stop working for a number of reasons. Some believe that if the wrong person sees or Lord forbid, touches your hand it will no longer work for you, sometimes they just don't have the zing that they had once upon a time. Best practices include blessing, dressing, and charging your hand once a week and re-making your bag once a year. If you suspect your hand is no longer working do a divination to confirm that or get a reader to read the situation for you.
good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:46 am

I had one turn ice cold and it wouldn't warm up no matter what I did. It was dead and I buried it.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:45 am

You are certainly correct that the mojo posses an intelligence of its own, however the point was that scientifically proven sentience is not something that you will find from a mojo bag. The intelligence is of a spiritual nature so you'll experience it spiritually.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:56 pm

A mojo can be killed, as Bri explained.

It should be re-worked or re-made once a year, as Bri also explained.

It is also the custom to attend to or feed your mojo hand once a week, as bri said. If you don't attend to it in this way, it may die by fading away.

I have never heard the term "burn out" used -- this would imply working so hard it overtaxed itself and dropped over. Never heard of that, and i don't think it is part of the tradition as i know it.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:11 pm

I also know people who have kept their mojos and worked them for years...but that was their preference.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:59 pm

Hi all,

quick question about mojos falling accidentally on the ground. I was told by one practitioner to never let my mojo touch the ground as this would kill it. I have never heard this or read this anywhere else. I know about other people touching it etc... but how about this touching the ground thing?

What do you think?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:10 pm

I have never heard that only 'never let anyone see or touch it'

chy clayton s

Unread post by chy clayton s » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:20 pm

My grandmother said the same - don't drop it your carelessness will kill it.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:35 pm

I have never heard that simply lettig it touch the ground will kill it. I have heard so called "Neo-pagans" spout off that if herbs should ever touch the earth they would loses all of there power, a foolish idea in my mind. But perhaps that is where this worker got the idea.
HRCC Student #1559

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:41 pm

Hitting the ground has never been an issue for me. It's the touching that zaps it in my experience.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

chy clayton s

Unread post by chy clayton s » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:45 pm

*smile* My grandmother was not a Neo-Pagan - love the concept though.

I suspect that she was referring to the carelessness as much as the actual dropping - so many thing I wish I'd known to ask.....

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:33 am

yes carelessness will kill a mojo eventually... :| I learned that the hard way last year when I accidentally left my mojo in my pants pocket. After a hard day with a spillage accident involved I got em off and into the wash and hit the shower as fast as I could and only after did I realize my mistake. One of the saddest days i've had recently and that was a particularly powerful mojo too :cry: Live and learn and be careful with your hands.

Oracle
Newly Registered

Unread post by Oracle » Sat May 01, 2010 1:26 am

Hi, I received my jack ball some time last year and started working on it. My wishes were specific, however, I didn't see any changes at all. Few months later, I have misplaced my jack ball for several months, and have just found it. I was just wondering if I could still use the same jack ball, or do I have to get a new one? I now have different wishes to make, can I just write a new petition paper? Should I make the wishes more general, rather than really specific?

Please help

Thank you

Dawn2

Unread post by Dawn2 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:07 am

Hello!

I have a van van mojo bag (from lucky mojo) and my wonderful, lovely tornado of a toddler managed to dump an entire glass of water on to it. Whats worse is that I didnt notice it right away. Everything is sopping wet. And it is most obviously dead.

I realize I need to remake it, but am unsure on what I can reuse/salvage? The dime and pyrite are easy enough, but the roots and the rabbits foot is what i am most unsure on. The angelica root is abit spongy. HAving never really worked with roots before I was wondering if I can let it dry back out? Its discolored now from the rest of the wet herbs. The High John root seems okay... and the rabbits foot should dry back out but it is also discolored.

Im really hoping to not have to start completely over, Im out of the country and it takes a long time to get stuff over here.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I actually feel heart sick over this.
Dawn

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Mon May 24, 2010 12:39 am

Rabbit's feet are fairly durable, and separate from the larger collection it should still be a valuable charm on it's own. I live in Washington state and my personal rabbit's foot has seen more moisture than the rabbit probably did alive.
HRCC Student #2174G

Dawn2

Unread post by Dawn2 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:09 am

Well that is good to hear!

The angelica root seems hard again, discolored from the wet herbs and ink but not ruined.

I think I will need to wrap the next bag in plastic and bubble wrap.. :/

Thank you for the reply!!!!

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Mon May 24, 2010 4:09 am

You really shouldn't put it somewhere where the kids can get at it... mojos are supposed to be private, and letting somebody else see it can harm or kill it as well. If you carry a purse or a bag, put it in there tucked away and I'd think that would be much safer and just as good.
HRCC Student #2174G

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Mon May 24, 2010 11:25 am

cognitivedissonance wrote:You really shouldn't put it somewhere where the kids can get at it... mojos are supposed to be private, and letting somebody else see it can harm or kill it as well. If you carry a purse or a bag, put it in there tucked away and I'd think that would be much safer and just as good.
...or carry it on your person physically. This isn't usually difficult unless one carries more than one, or wears a large amount of mundane jewelry, talismans, etc.
HRCC Student #1339

Dawn2

Unread post by Dawn2 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:14 pm

I was carrying on my physically. I would stuff it at the top of my bra. However, I am also breastfeeding my son. So it goes on the night stand if Im in the room or in a pocket. This is how the accident happened. It was on the night stand ( I kept it wrapped in silk as well for comfort and to keep it out of sight.)
Only the other night said baby was up a lot, I was tired the next day.. left the bag on the table.. ugh.

So far the roots are drying out nicely as is the foot. Though I could bend the toes earlier... heh. Im going to order new herbs and reuse the rest, and just start over. I figure I will bury the old herbs in the yard with my thanks and apologies. Chalk it up to experience and do better.

As an aside, I would like to say that while it was dry and working, it was really working. :) I was very pleased with the results. On the third day I found something that had been lost of over 2 years and it was something that is very special to me. Lots of other stuff to, but that was the icing on the cake.

CancerianHeart

Unread post by CancerianHeart » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Hello All,

Let me first state that my mojo bag was not a LM product, but I am not asking for help with the actual bag, I would like to know if there is anything I can do to salvage my work.

The mojo bag was dressed with come to me oil and it contained a lodestone, along with other herbs and a petition. I lost the bag while traveling and I dont regret taking it with me, as I had been neglecting it due to being out of town a lot, I just wish I would have been more careful.

Im not sure if I should just purchase an all new come to me bag (LM of course ;) ) or use another method (so as not to mess up the previous work) or just leave it alone. I am open to all suggestions, as I started this journey with limited knowledge and I chose a product that I believed would continuously work.

Please advise. If you need more information, let me know.

thanks!

Miss_Liz

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:18 pm

I would just buy a new one, I don't think it would hurt the previous work as that's probably good and dead now and as you said, you had been neglecting it so I'd just get a new one and start fresh.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:59 am

I would get a new one and work it faithfully this time.

CancerianHeart

Unread post by CancerianHeart » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:46 am

Thank you for your assistance.

siren
Newly Registered

Unread post by siren » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Oh boooo! Seems it got tangled up in my sheets and thrown in the wash machine. Remarkably, everything seems to be intact, but the photo and folded papers inside are all swollen and messed up. I can still feel the herbs inside but I'm sure my DNA is probably all washed up besides the hairs I added. Guess I better start over? I'm totally kicking myself! ARGH!!

It's kinda cute and fat now. Before it had bag paper petitions in it and was a bit stiff inside. Now it's all soft and chubby. lol

If I do have to redo the entire spell, what about the lodestones I have buried in a planter under my porch?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Just remake the mojo bag portion of it.

Saffron_Sky

Unread post by Saffron_Sky » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:29 am

A couple of days ago I had taken off my Uncrossing Mojo Hand to take a bath. It was late and I was tired, so I forgot to put it back on. When I woke the next morning, I realized I had forgotten it. It was left in a dry bucket so I thought it was safe. But then I found out my mom had stuck two wet rags on it! It wasn't soaking wet, but it was still pretty damp. I stuck it in front of the window fan immediately, so it could dry. It dried within hours, but I need to know if it will still work, or if I need to buy another one.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:06 am

Get a reading on it Saffron_Sky... If your mother didn't touch it maybe its OK...but a reading will satisfy your question and concern...

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:19 pm

I am kind of confused on this subject. Can I open the mojo bag after I've put in the name paper? I'd like to occasionally drop in some sachet powder, but I don't know if that upsets the spirit.
HRCC Student #2174G

nena1974

Unread post by nena1974 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:33 am

i think the only one youre supposed to open is a nation sack

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 am

Yes, once a mojo is fixed and tied, it is not meant to be reopened (except in the case of a nation sack which is ongoing - but that's really the only exception). There is no need to add sachet powder - just feed the mojo condition oil or whiskey weekly.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:10 am

Mine came open, after I put a big (too big) piece of paper in it. I have been wanting to remove it, and the mercury dime and two dollar bill, because what I asked for was absurd. It was never tied though. Can I take out the petition and re dress? I have had it since November. Thanks in advance.
Be Blessed
---Triplethreat
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:18 am

If you fixed it for a certain petition, and you no longer want that petition - then bury the bag respectfully and make a new one that reflects your new desire.

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:27 pm

If the sack comes open BEFORE you're done with it, that's not a life or death matter, is it?
HRCC Student #2174G

Ruth2

Unread post by Ruth2 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:50 pm

I would properly dispose of the bag and start over. Too much worry and sloppy work (not using that as an offensive statement....I get sloppy sometimes too and have to redo) has probably stopped all progress. Just start over.

Ruth.

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Frustrated, but I did the best thing and disposed of it properly and I'm just going to start over again anew. It was my first mojo so I am certain mistakes are part of the learning process.
HRCC Student #2174G

Ruth2

Unread post by Ruth2 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:15 am

cognitivedissonance wrote:Frustrated, but I did the best thing and disposed of it properly and I'm just going to start over again anew. It was my first mojo so I am certain mistakes are part of the learning process.
Yes, I can attest to the fact that it is a learning process. ;) Good luck with the next one. :)

Ruth.

vinavin21

Unread post by vinavin21 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:00 pm

I have a commission job only but what did you have in your mojo bag if you dont mind me asking.

Mystical_Devon

Unread post by Mystical_Devon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:38 pm

I'm sure the bag is prob dead lol, but should I be concerned because of the personal items that were inside the bag? I'm so upset about this.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:54 pm

Its simply going to stop working, and unless some other person goes through it and decides to use your personal concerns that knows you (I highly doubt this), then that would be the only concern I would have. I understand being upset, but the only thing you can do at this point is either make or purchase another one.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Mystical_Devon

Unread post by Mystical_Devon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Thanks that makes a lot of sense, I hope no one saw me drop it , I have alot of enemy's lol

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Well keep on protecting yourself, and perhaps you can do some divination to find out if you just lost it or someone stole it.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

PurpleShoes

Unread post by PurpleShoes » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:11 am

i just received a triple strength attraction mojo hand yesterday and started working it last night, i felt really connected with the work i did and very positive about it. i wore it in my sports bra today during yoga class and accidentally forgot and very briefly rested my full weight on my chest while coming down on the ground, i felt a bit of a crunch and immediately lifted my weight off. i don't want to reopen the bag to check, but i cannot be sure that something inside such as the alligator foot or something else didn't break a tiny bit...i'm wondering if this would somehow impair the bag? i really hope not as this is the second bag i've ordered this month, the last one i had to throw out because it fell out of my shirt into a parking lot...do you guys think this is okay?

tlady4

Unread post by tlady4 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:51 am

Hello, i am new to the forum and i need a possible definite answer. I have a new mojo bag and i play street numbers. Yesterday evening when i went to put mu numbers in no one else was there except me and the old man who run the place and he always try to get fresh with me and say slick stuff but i pay him no attention he's pretty close to 85 yrs old. He wanted to touch me yesterday and i did not want him to and he went straight to my left side where i wear my mojo bag i tried to hold my arm down but i think he may have still touched it and after that he laughed and went back to where he sits. I know that if someone touch your bag beside you it it dead and i think he was really trying to find my mojo aside from being a dirty old man. Do you think my mojo is dead? and my number fell last night i missed it cause i played the wrong way. I am going to try feeding it. i just bought it and i cant afford another one right now and y suggsetions?
I am proud to be a new Lucky Mojo Forum member
Action is the antidotes to despair
Thank you Saint Expedite for your help

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:02 pm

If he touched it its dead, no ifs ands or buts about it.
HRCC Student #1559

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:38 pm

HailsDiscordia is correct, however, did he touch it directly, it seems from your post that he felt you where you keep your mojo, in your bra or pocket. But if he touched the pocket that the mojo is in or your bra where the mojo is hidden, that's a different thing.

AmaSarah

Unread post by AmaSarah » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:12 am

I made a mojo bag and have since touched it after giving it to that person. Is that considered dead as well or is it ok since I am the creator?

thanks...

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:33 am

AmaSarah wrote:I made a mojo bag and have since touched it after giving it to that person. Is that considered dead as well or is it ok since I am the creator?

thanks...
I think it depends on why you touched it.
HRCC Student #1559

AmaSarah

Unread post by AmaSarah » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:53 am

because he left it sitting out on the kitchen table (while people were around) forgetting that I told him no one could see it. So I took it from the table and discreetly gave it back to him reminding him that no one can lay eyes on it. good intentions, so.... is it ok?

thanks...

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:27 pm

I won't personally touch a mojo that I've made for someone else after that mojo has been given to them and spent time on their person. After that it is THEIR's. In the case of refreshing a mojo after a year or so of use, I consider it a re-making since most ingredients are being replaced and others are being refreshed.

Use a pendulum, or other form of divination to determine if it's still working. That will solve the issue decisively.

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:08 am

It's probably okay -- check to see if you are still feeling connected to the bag. It's normal for the contents of the bag to experience wear and tear as you carry and work with the mojo. That's why it's advised that you have the mojo remade about once per year.

Bear in mind that even if you crushed or broke some of the items within the bag, they are still present in the mojo and working for you. Continue to work with and feed the mojo. Only if you notice that the hand is no longer generating the same type of feelings or energy would you need to be concerned that it is "broken."

Good luck!
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

missyd915

Unread post by missyd915 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi
this might be a silly question but does it matter if my dog sees my mojo hand? I read if someone sees it then it dies and was wonering if this was applicable to pets. He doesn't touch it or anything but he's seen me put it in my pocket a few times.
Thanks

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:07 pm

No. Its a animal, not a person.
HRCC Student #1559

mojojake

Unread post by mojojake » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:13 am

I heard it only dies if someone touches it; and that's why you want to keep it hidden, so noone will see it and try to touch it or find out you have it and try and see what's inside it

missyd915

Unread post by missyd915 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:57 am

ok thanks guys!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:18 am

I believe the nation sack IS killed by sight as well. But generally it is just touch that you are guarding against.

missyd915

Unread post by missyd915 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:44 am

Hi
Ive been doing two LM mojo hands, one im carrying on my body as the instructions say, but the other erquires leaving on my alter with the candle. My friend called round unexpectadly today and walked into my bedroom where i had my candle, paper, personal concerns and 'love me' mojo hand on my alter as they are still in progress, Will this have harmed the mojo? I dont think she paid much attention to it and i went straight to it and put it away when i realized, i know she didnt touch it. Also yesterday when i passed it through the candle smoke i realised that it had slightly blackened the bag (not much at all) even though the flame didn't touch the bag itself, would this have harmed it in any way?
I have dowsed with my pendulum which says the mojo is fine and alive and i also feel that its alive and ok, but any feedback would be apprieciated.
Thanks

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:12 pm

If you have done divination with a pendulum and you know that your divination is usually accurate and your hand "feels" fine then I think you should go with that. The big issue with mojo hands is other people touching them and if you are working certain kinds of love drawing hands the issue is your target seeing them, but if it was just a friend coming over she probably didn't even know what she was looking at!
good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Dark_Damicelle

Unread post by Dark_Damicelle » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Hello ladies and gents,

I did a mojo bag a few weeks ago for 'financial progress'. I'm already seeing movement, and I'm so grateful for that! Anyhow, I went to the bank to withdraw some cash for my bus fair and I accidentally took the mojo bag out with other stuff that was inside my purse. Noone was paying attention and the bank was almost empty. I quickly put it back into my purse. Now, I'm a bit paranoid since the mojo bag isn't supposed to be seen by anybody but me. I'm not sure if anyone got a glimpse of it but it came out in the open for a few seconds lol.

Should I do a new one or just see what happens? I don't want to do damage by doing a new one or not doing it at all...

Please, someone more experienced advise me. Thank you!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:25 pm

That mojo would only be killed if someone touched it. You're fine. If you're really worried about it, pass it through some incense to cleanse it and give it a boost.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:25 pm

It''s probably fine. Usually the mojo being touched by someone else is what kills it. Feed it some oil, whiskey, or Hoyt's and put it in some incense smoke.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Mojo Hands, Conjure Bags, Jack Balls, and Doll Babies in Hoodoo”