• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:40 am

Hyssop Spirtual Bath Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herb baths, crystal salt baths, and floor washes for cleansing, protection, love, health, and luck.

Re: Hyssop Spirtual Bath Questions and Answers

Unread postby Thomask » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:42 pm

Hello Innocence

What a great experience you had. The Hyssop bath indeed washed away your neediness for him.

Hyssop Herb is mentioned in Psalms 51 of the bible as a spiritual purifying agent.

After you're done with your spiritual cleansing bath, you can do as some practitioners do (it is not essential) and walk between two lit candles with a symbolic bowl of your bath-water, and take it to the crossroads while the rest of the bath is draining and throw it East, toward Sunrise, and don't look back.

Im glad that worked for you.
Thomask

Unread postby Aleesha22 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:06 pm

What can happen if you don't cleanse, apart from all the negative energies and working? Can anything else happen?
Aleesha22

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:58 pm

Aleesha22, you are a spiritual being. God, the Divine, the Goddess, Jesus, Kali, Quan Yin, Buddha, or whomever you venerate has given those of your religion some moral rules to live by. Jews and Christians live by the rules set forth in the Bible. Most practitioners of hoodoo are Christians, as hoodoo is the folk magic of African Americans.

Now, just because you may practice magic to help yourself, that is no reason to break God's rules. You may become angry, you may even have a justified anger of great degree is you have been wronged. But your God -- my God -- says that it is not right to kill, not right to cheat, not right to steal -- and that to know God and be right with God, we must always do right in God's eyes.

So, what if a great wrong has been done to you or is being done to you? Perhaps you will pray or work roots or cast a spell to be rid of your tormentor, to send the enemy away, even unto death.

This sort of prayer and magical work has been done for millennia -- and you can read many prayers in the Bible, especially among the Psalms written by David before he became king, in which he asks God to destroy his enemies.

Be cautious if you do so, however. You are not Omniscient God. You do not know everything about your enemy or why he or she is besetting your or those you love. You do not even know in every case who is really at fault -- you may be accusing an innocent person. Therefore, with respect, if you must curse someone, tell God the truth -- that you do not know all, but you wish for thus-and-so to happen -- if your case is justified. God will know what is best.

But ... and here is what David and others were thinking ... what if when you ask for the death of someone, or to send them away, or even just for them to break up with a lover so you can have a chance with that lover ... what if what you ask is not right with God? Maybe you got too dramatic, maybe your temper is out of control, maybe you accused and cursed the wrong person, someone who is entirely innocent!

Well, the Jews (and the Christians who adopted their ways) had a method to work around this problem, a solution for it. In the very ancient times, God told the Jews to take Hyssop and slaughter a lamb, and, using the Hyssop as a brush, to daub their doorposts with the blood, and the angel of Death, of retribution and plague and woe, would pass over them.

Later, against lesser issues, they just used the Hyssop, without an animal sacrifice. Thus, in Psalms 51 it says, "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." Foolish people recite those words and toss a cup f Hyssop-water over themselves and think they have done right. Even if they have committed a crime of violence and drawn blood or prayed for blood to flow, committing a sin as scarlet as blood, they think that Hyssop alone will wash that away and theywill again find favour in God's eyes.

But there is more to it than that. Let us look a bit more deeply into this Psalm. It begins:

1 Have mercy upon me, O God,
According to thy lovingkindness:
According unto the multitude of thy tender mercies
blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity,
And cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I acknowledge my transgressions:
And my sin is ever before me.

4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned,
And done this evil in thy sight:
That thou mightest be justified when thou speakest,
and be clear when thou judgest.

5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity;
And in sin did my mother conceive me.

King David wrote this Psalm after he had done some really bad things. He had caused the death of his friend so that he could have sex with his friend's wife. He is basically apologizing for his entire life of selfishness and the drive he had to harm others.

6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts:
And in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean:
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Therefore, upon doing an evil deed or praying for even the justified suffering of another being, we ask God to reunite with us, by performing the Hyssop bath and, for some people, by drinking a small amount of Hyssop tea, to cleanse the "inward part" of our bodies.

So, you ask "What can happen if you don't cleanse, apart from all the negative energies and working? Can anything else happen?"

The answer is, if you do an evil deed or wish ill upon someone in error, you will stay in a state of sin, a state of moral dirtiness, a state of separation from God. You will not be Divinely favoured. You will be bereft of God's blessings.

It's not worth the risk. So we do as King David did, after a truly horrific deed, and hope that we too will be shown mercy.

Why Hyssop? Because that is the tradition among Jews and Christians. This is folk magic, centuries old, and we work in accord with the ways we have been taught.

8 Make me hear joy and gladness,
That the bones You have broken may rejoice.

9 Hide Your face from my sins,
And blot out all my iniquities.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.

13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You.

14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
The God of my salvation,

And my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.

There is more to this Psalm, but that will give you the idea, i think. We cleanse ourselves so as not to remain spiritually dirty.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby mi55understood » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:09 pm

Hello to all. I have read thru the forum but I'm still a little confused as to how to properly do a cleansing. 2015 felt like I had a lot of negative energy and bad luck so I want to do a cleansing bath in hopes for a better year in 2016.

1) If I don't live near any crossroads, so is there another way I can properly dispose of the water?

2) I want to do a cleansing bath in which I want to actually sit in the water. So how much of the water would I dispose of and will it be bad to let the remainer of the water drain?

3) What is the best time of day/night to do the cleansing?
mi55understood

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:13 pm

Dear mi55understood --

You certainly ARE confused! Let me try to help. I think all of your confusion stems from a misguided belief that there is ONE WAY to do this work. That is not true There are many regional ways, many family ways, and many community ways to perform a cleaning for the New Year.

1) Whoever told you to throw your bath water in a crossroads works that way. Good for them. That is not the only way to work. I want you to do one -- or BOTH -- of these things, right now:

A. I want you to read the FREE Forum thread on Disposing of Ritual Remains. It starts with a good description of disposing of bath water of all types (not just water from a Hyssop Herb bath). When you read it, pay special attention to the posts about old fashioned outdoor bath tubs, tipping them to the East or West, throwing water to the curb, and more. Learn the true history and wide variability of this work. Look at the pictures.

disposal-of-ritual-remains-questions-and-answers-t10676.html

B. I want you to buy and read Aura Laforest's $9.00 book "Hoodoo Spiritual Baths."

BOO-GRI-HSPB
Hoodoo Spiritual Baths by Aura Laforest
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

HOODOO SPIRITUAL BATHS:
CLEANSING CONJURE WITH WASHES AND WATERS
by Aura Laforest

Hoodoo Spiritual Baths is a clear, concise, and authentic guide to traditional techniques of bathing and cleansing. Learn how to perform a spiritual house cleaning, how to take a magical bath, and how to ritually dispose of bath waters. This practical guide contains clear instructions on how to use easy-to-find ingredients for teas, baths, and washes, plus dozens of time-tested spells and recipes for every condition, including uncrossing, protection, love, sexuality, marriage, beauty, money drawing, business, gambling luck, blessing, and success.

2) That too is covered in the above thread.

3) Dawn, sunrise.

All of these ideas apply to other forms of bath, not just a Hyssop Herb bath, by the way.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Wanttobehappy2016 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi

has anyone had an allergic reaction to hyssop? I did the poop spell and wanted to cleanse good. I boiled the herbs yesterday and used today, poured over my head. My eyes were blood shot red when I got out. Now I'm so itchy. I took a benadryl. I did notice some of the herbs were still in my bucket when I poured it over my head. Now I don't know what to use that will be as effective to cleanse the negative work.
Wanttobehappy2016

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:16 pm

Hello, Wanttobehappy2016 ,

That happens so infrequently. But I am sorry that this happened.

You might want to try Mixing water with a little Florida Water: www.luckymojo.com/floridakanangawater.html

It doesn't have the exact same purpose that Hyssop has (and hyssop is mentioned in the Bible).

But, this is the best I can come up with for an allergy to hyssop.

So sorry this happened.

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

13 Herb Bath Questions and Answers

Unread postby APone » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:01 am

When would I do a hyssop cleansing bath for a negative work if the spell goes on for several days. Like if I am burning a candle every night for 7 days, would I need to do a bath every night after I work the spell, or just one at the end of the week? Would I need to do a protection bath also every night before I burn the candle?
Thank you very much.
APone

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Hello, Apone,

You can do it everyday (my preferred method). Or you can do it when you start the spell and when you are finished with the spell (and bathe with the protecton in-between)

I hope this helps

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Lovemydogs » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:16 pm

Hello everybody,

I've read a majority of this forum and I am interested in having a Hyssop bath as there are problems around me not necessarily directed at me but would I need to do this hyssop and dispose at the crossroads for 2 days in a row?

Thank You. 8-)
Lovemydogs

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Hello, Lovemydogs ,

I don't think I understand your question.

Are you performing the baths 2 days in a row?
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:41 pm

Hyssop bath is not generally to take off problems directed at one, you know. It is for self-cleansing -- if you need forgiveness, for instance.

I think you may be thinking of Rue or Agrimony, or an herb of that type, to remove negative things that were sent to you.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Lovemydogs » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:53 am

Hello,

Thank You Catherine. I will order some rue from you but I will take a Hyssop bath in the meantime.
Lovemydogs

Unread postby Lovemydogs » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Hello Miss Aida,

I asked if I was suppose to do the hyssop bath for 2 days because there is enough in the little bag of hyssop that I purchased for about 2 days and I have already had one hyssop bath a few hours ago. I actually have to walk to the crossroads to dispose of the first bath's water but I plan to do that tomorrow morning. So my question was- am I supposed to take the Hyssop bath for 2 days in a row? (so that I end up finishing all of the hyssop in the little bag).

Thank You. ;)
Lovemydogs

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:23 pm

Hello, Lovemydogs ,

No.

One bath before you start a spell and one bath when you have finished the spell.

Hyssop is for forgiveness so, if you're doing negative work, then this is what you do with the hyssop.

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Lovemydogs » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:34 am

Hi Miss Aida,

So I wasn't doing any negative works so I guess I am finished. I think I will do a 13-Herb bath now because of the Rue in it.

Thank You.
Lovemydogs

Unread postby yuma » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:42 am

Hello !!! Good people Good morning !Please I want to know which day of the week is best to start Hyssop bath.my order just arrive today.But I'm curious to know if there is any specific day of the week to start the bath.((b)can i use the sea salt and rosemary leaf I have in my kitchen and add to Hyssop.
(c)can I do the uncrossed powder spell same day I'm doing Hyssop bath or after I complete my bath
(d)I read a post here that made mention of spring or rain water,as it is my first cleansing is it mandatory
.because for me it is my first time of doing herb bath.
I live in a country where I don't know where to get spring water and even difficult to get rain water.
Please hope there is another option.thanks
hello everyone! my name is yuma,living in malaysia i am new to this site,

yuma

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:12 pm

Hello, Yuman,

I will answer each question after the question:

But I'm curious to know if there is any specific day of the week to start the bath. -It ought to be taken immediately after your spell work. So, it doesn't matter

can i use the sea salt and rosemary leaf I have in my kitchen and add to Hyssop.-It's really not necessary

can I do the uncrossed powder spell same day I'm doing Hyssop bath or after I complete my bath-After you completely our bath

I read a post here that made mention of spring or rain water, as it is my first cleansing is it mandatory-It's not necessary or mandatory. I just use regular water that comes from my bathtub faucet

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:30 pm

Just remember, it is ALWAYS a good idea to cleanse with hyssop after performing negative spells!

HER-HYS-LEAF
Hyssop Leaf
$3.00

PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby oreomcfluffy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:58 am

I don't have a bathtub, and from what I understand this bath is meant to be used to 'wash' away as opposed to staying in it to soak.

Is it alright then, if I use a pail to contain the infusion of hyssop and rue and a small bucket to pour the j fusion over me to wash away any negativity, etc?

Thank you,
Oreo
oreomcfluffy

Unread postby Sister Jean » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Hello oremcfluffy,

The ancestors we can thank for these spiritual cleansing practices usually didn't have bathtubs either. Do you have a shower stall? If so, you can have your hyssop bath tea in a pail, like you mentioned, and just set it on the floor in the shower while you use a smaller cup to scoop up the water and pour it over you. For more information about spiritual bathing, check out this page:

http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html

Good luck to you.
Thank you, St. Michael, St. Expedite, St. Martha, Bone Mama!
ID #1590G
I'm on Hoodoo Psychics!
Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Hyssop Spirtual Bath Questions and Answers

Unread postby RKGOMES » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:19 pm

Can someone kindly post the entirety, or portion of the Psalm required during the Hyssop cleansing bath. I have been looking for it in this forum and can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.
RKGOMES

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:36 pm

Hello, RKGOMES,

here you go:

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Psalms_51

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby RKGOMES » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:31 pm

Awesome! Many thanks!!
RKGOMES

Unread postby RedAngel » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:26 am

Hi, I thought I read somewhere in the forum about taking a hyssop bath but through your shower head. I don't understand. Do u attach a cloth with the herbs to the showerhead for the water to flow through? Like an oversized tea bag around the shower head?

Also, if I can't​ dispose of the remains at the same Cross roads, and I shouldn't be going through the crossroads ever again....Where am I taking this water? There's no way I'm taking the bath at dawn and taking it to a crossroads I'm never using again before sunrise, on the same morning.

Also, I've read so many things about when to take the bath. I started my work last night. Before and afterwards, blessed myself with church holy water, head to toe. The thing about reading psalm 51 and taking the bath is that I feel like, if I read that and continue doing negative work, why should God forgive me? Like, I wouldn't hit someone, apologize, and do it again the next day. What I mean is, if I'm repeating the behavior, I feel like I shouldn't recite the psalm until I'm done.

I know I'm asking for a lot of clarification, and I've read a lot in this forum. But that's why I'm confused. There are people that say these aren't rules they're guidelines. Then it's, they're tradition for a reason. So...I just need to know.

Thank you and blessings
RedAngel

Unread postby Sister Jean » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:55 am

Hello RedAngel,

I don't think attaching a tea bag filled with herbs to the shower head would work for taking a hyssop bath. Mainly because you want to brew the hyssop into a tea that you then dilute with water to use as the bath. Water constantly flowing through a teabag is hardly going to get any of that hyssop essence on you. So, brew the hyssop into a tea on the stove by boiling water, adding the hyssop, turning off the stove, and letting the hyssop steep. Strain out the herbs, pour the tea into a big bowl or pail, then add water to it to get it a comfortable bathing temperature. Take the big bowl into the shower stall with you, and use a smaller cup to pour it over your head.

You can wait to take the whole hyssop bath shebang until after you're completely done with your heavy work, then take the water to the crossroads. If you want to wash up while the work is going, you can just wash your hands, and save the big wash for the end.

If you visit this page about hyssop, it says to take the bath at dawn:

http://herb-magic.com/hyssop.html

Hope that clears things up for you.
Thank you, St. Michael, St. Expedite, St. Martha, Bone Mama!
ID #1590G
I'm on Hoodoo Psychics!
Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby RedAngel » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Thank you, Sister Jean, for clarifying. I'm still unsure about the crossroads situation though. If it has to be a crossroads I won't use for ritual again, or one I won't drive through again, it has to be far from my home and somewhere I just wouldn't naturally pass. I've read on here that you can go to the crossroads by foot, so I have two that I can do that to but I drive through them daily. Can a crossroad be in a nature preserve where four trails meet? Or a cemetery where four driveway roads meet? Coz there are cemetery's and trails I won't go through again.

Sorry, just want to be absolutely sure I don't drive through my energy that I just got rid of n bring it to work or home.

Thank you all again for your information in this forum. I almost always get the answers from someone else's post. I love the love in here
RedAngel

Unread postby RedAngel » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:15 pm

Just to add to my previous question, how about a four way stop in a random neighborhood? Literally any other crossroads that's not a main intersection is basically what I'm asking. Coz everywhere I go is so close, I never take a freeway. And all the major crossroads around me, I travel through from time to time.
RedAngel

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:59 pm

Hello, RedAngel

This page ought to give you more clarity:

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... Crossroads

Also, I prefer a crossroad that you won't be passing again.

But, honestly, it isn't that complicated. PLEASE don't over think this

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby RedAngel » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:24 am

That's exactly what I needed to know. thank you so much Miss Aida.
RedAngel

Unread postby AnnieR » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:05 pm

I ordered a white sage smudge stick, hyssop for the bath and uncrossing and van van candles.
Trying to change energy and luck. In what order do I do them?
I was thinking hyssop bath, then smudge my house, burn the uncrossing candle first and then the van van.
Does that sound right?
Also, if I cannot toss the bath water at the crossroads, what is another acceptable disposal of it?
Thanks!
AnnieR

Unread postby Miss Athena » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi AnnieR,

You would use hyssop in a bath to cleanse yourself after performing negative work, such as break up spellwork. This would be done immediately after performing those spells. Uncrossing products are used to remove any kind of jinx or curse that someone else has thrown at you. If you believe this may be the case, then use these products immediately.

http://www.herbmagic.com/hyssop.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/uncrossing.html

If you want to cleanse your home, which would be a good idea if you think you are in any way jinxed, I suggest a thorough cleansing with Chinese Wash. Use it on your floors and walls from the back of your home and out the front door. Then put up protection to keep any negative energy from finding its way back to you.

http://www.luckymojo.com/chinesewash.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-protection.html

You could then light your smudge stick and Van Van candles periodically to keep your home free of spiritual interference.

I never quite understand why people say they can't dispose or deploy at a crossroads, when they are plentiful in even the most remote locations. However, if you have an issue with them, then you can dispose of your bathwater in running water.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC #1909G
Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AnnieR » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:32 am

Thank you! I am keeping my grandbaby right now and she sleeps with me, so sometimes even getting up before dawn or driving anywhere can be a challenge! I may see if there is a crossroads or path in my backyard that I can sneak out to. If not I can deploy maybe at a later time? I appreciate your feedback.
AnnieR

Unread postby Miss Athena » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi AnnieR,

Thanks for the clarification. You want to dispose of the water as soon as possible, so hopefully you can find an appropriate crossroads (a path is perfectly fine) that lets you do that.

Good luck.
HRCC #1909G
Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Blackcoffee » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:12 pm

Hi all,

Quick couple of questions about hyssop baths.
1) Can muslin sacks used to make bath be reused and if so how should they be cleansed between uses?
2) Does it matter the time of day the bath is taken? I have read some things that said before sunrise, but wasn't sure if it was a necessity or they could also be done at night.

Thanks for any and all info.
Blackcoffee

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:20 pm

Hello, Blackcoffee,

Yes, I guess you could do that! Just wondering if they are strong enough to withstand numerous encounters with hot water

Rinse them with water

For the Hyssop bath, it wouldn't have to be in the morning because we can't get up early, perform our negative spells and then bathe before sunrise!

Although it is highly recommended to bath before sunrise, I personally always make an exception for hyssop.

I hope this helps

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Blackcoffee » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:19 pm

Thank you Miss Aida, good information to know!
I have read differing opinions on whether the water should be thrown east or west following the bath. Which direction is best for cleansing?
Blackcoffee

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Hello, Blackcoffee ,

East

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin