Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Saint Lazarus Spiritual Supplies

Discussions about Lucky Mojo religious supplies, church goods, and altar tools, plus prayers to God, angels, spirits, saints, and deities.
Mercurious

Unread post by Mercurious » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:41 pm

Hello everyone.

A few weeks ago I received a dollar bill with words written on the back (the side with the seals) around the border. The words are:

"St. Lazarus....the one who receives this bill will be blessed with a lot of money if they write this on ten bills"

(I know, it kind of sounds like those e-mails "send this to 10 people and you'll have good luck, etc.")

So, upon finding it I thought I should do just that since it seemed similar to some of the hoodoo money spells I have come across. I began doing this to my own money, but unfortunately before I finished all 10, I lost the bills. I was very distressed when that happened, and I blame it on my own lack of awareness.

I had almost forgotten about all this until today when, at work, I was about to hand a customer their change and realized that a dollar bill had words written around the border. I've always kept an eye out for money with words written on them in case I come across some magic money. I kept the bill and gave the customer a different one. I know it isn't one of my bills or the original that I found in the first place because after the spell they wrote "CK", which I think is probably the caster's initials.

I was wondering if anyone from Lucky Mojo has come across this bit of folk magic? And why do you think St. Lazarus is invoked? I'm guessing because of his resurrection. Should I try doing the spell again? I'm looking for opinions of some professionals.

Thanks for all your help. :D

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: St. Lazarus money spell

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:23 pm

This is a good spell, in the Catholic tradition. For a complete explanation, see this Luck W Saints page:

http://www.luckymojo.com/saintlazarus.html
catherine yronwode

Mercurious

Re: St. Lazarus money spell

Unread post by Mercurious » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Thank you so much! This has been very informative. :)

magic_bean_buyer

St Lazarus

Unread post by magic_bean_buyer » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:27 am

Hello I have never worked with the saints before so I wanted to make sure I'm on the right track. I wanted to work with St Lazarus for a physical health problem I'm dealing with. From what I've read on LM and this forum, I anoint his candle, light it, and pray, then give public thanks. Now my question is, should I right a petition as well as pray, do I leave an offering at first and if so what do I leave? (I was thinking money and food since he was a begger). Also I know that when my needs have been met I should give to a charity related to him (like an AIDS charity ect.) Also how long do I leave the candle to burn and how often do I light it? Thanks =)

ps oh and what do I dress his candle with

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: St Lazarus

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:56 pm

You can give him an offering as you work with him. You can leave a petition under the candle specific to what you might want to ask. You can burn the candle straight through or you can light it once a week, or you can keep candles going until your petition has been granted. You can dress his candle with his own oil if they have it on lucky mojo or all saints oil, which they do carry, and is good to work with for any candle.

In additon, please in the future make sure that you put your posts in the appropriate categories. It will help your question get answered quicker, and get noticed. This should be in the saints category.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

flamethrower

Thank You, Saint Lazarus

Unread post by flamethrower » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:19 pm

Many thanks to St. Lazarus for answering my prayers for a speedy and successful recovery.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Thank You, Saint Lazarus

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:41 am

St. Lazarus is a wonderful saint to work with.
I advise working with him when folks or family members suffer from strokes or other debilitating diseases.
You can learn more about him here: http://www.luckymojo.com/saintlazarus.html and here: http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... nt_Lazarus

Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

katlyn
working with St. Lazarus

Unread post by katlyn » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:10 pm

I had a question about working with St Lazarus- I've got my oil for him and my candles for him and a small figure, but I wanted to know how to approach petitioning him for a health problem I've got (that I'd rather keep private). How do I dress a candle for him besides his oil, and when petitioning him for something that may be longterm, do I write it down and keep it in my altar, or what. I'm very new and am eager for some spiritual assistance. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.
----''The moon is my mother. She is not sweet like Mary.
Her blue garments unloose small bats and owls.'' - Sylvia Plath-----

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: working with St. Lazarus

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Here is the page on Saint Lazarus at the AIRR site: http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... nt_Lazarus and here at Lucky Mojo: http://www.luckymojo.com/saintlazarus.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator
Re: Working with Saint Lazarus

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:41 pm

I can't say enough about Saint Lazarus, and I was taught a lesson of respect, and that's all I'm going to say about that.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

Ethereal48

Unread post by Ethereal48 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:20 am

Hello everyone. I have been working with Saint Lazarus LM products and they are awesome. Saint Lazarus is amazing and for all his help and assistance I vowed to burn a candle to honour him every day. I have a special altar for him and I really would like to add some herbs to the candles I light for him.
I was thinking Althea, All-Heal, Life-Everlasting and maybe Boneset and Thyme or Mint. Am I on the right track? Or are there particular herbs that are specifically preferred for work with Saint Lazarus? I would really love some guidance on this. I really feel the need to add some herbs to my workings to complement the oils and powders. Thank you all so much in advance
HRCC G2020
Thank you St Lazarus
Thank you Archangel Michael

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator
Re: Herbs Grouped and Listed by Purpose or Use

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi Ethereal48,

Saint Lazarus is truly wonderful, and it's nice to know that he has helped you.

The Lucky Mojo products for working with Saint Lazarus already include an herbal blend customized for him. If you want to supplement with your suggestions of Althaea etc. (which are good for healing), that would be fine but it's not necessary.

If you want to add to your offering of thanks to him, you could lightly dress some money in his sachet powder and give it to people you see begging for money in the street. Tell them that this is for Saint Lazarus as you hand them the money. I have done this in the past as a way to thank and honor him.

Also, his feast day is December 17 and it would be a nice idea to make a donation on that day in his name to a charity supporting people with AIDS.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC #1909G

Ethereal48

Unread post by Ethereal48 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Thank you Miss Athena. I'm already honouring him by donating money to a charity for the homeless and the sick every month. Basically I have a donation tin on his altar which the family donates to all the time and at the end of the month that money is donated to a charity and the receipts are put back on the altar in his donation dish. I didn't think of dusting the money. That is an awesome idea. I will complement his candle with some Althea leaves. I have a dish with Althea leaves on my altar :) thank you so much for those extra ideas. They are brilliant.
HRCC G2020
Thank you St Lazarus

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:04 pm

Hello, Ethereal48 ,

I have a pretty close relationship with him and I agree with you, charities for the homeless and the sick is THE wisest choices. Helping the crippled patients, especially.

He also likes dry white wine.

Take care

Ethereal48

Unread post by Ethereal48 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:47 am

Thank you Miss Aida :)
HRCC G2020
Thank you St Lazarus

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Religious Goods and Altar Tools in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure”