Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Joss, Agarbatti, Indian, Chinese, Thai Incense from LMCCo

How to use Lucky Mojo incense powders, joss sticks, and natural botanical resin incenses in your spiritual practices.
battzion

Joss, Agarbatti, Indian, Chinese, Thai Incense from LMCCo

Unread post by battzion » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:29 pm

I have been wondering for quite some time about Nag Champa and its purpose/use. I asked the owner of a metaphysics store and she said it is "just a incense." But I don't don't know, it makes me feel happy and peaceful. So what is it about this scent?

Also I was looking at the Lucky Mojo brand Zodiacal Incenses. I am a Leo and my mate is an Aquarius, to say the least this causes some snags in our communication and understanding of one another at times. It says that you can use these incense to affect astrological aspects. Would I then be able to put something together to even out the aspects/planets in our natal chart that give us the most problems. What do you all think?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Asian, Indian, Chinese, and Thai Incenses from LMCCo

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:14 am

Nag Champa means "snake flower" and it is a nice floral incense from India.

ISA-AGA-N015
Nag Champa Satya Sai Baba Agarbatti 15 grams box
$4.25

There are other Indian "champa" (flower) incenses that are also quite fine -- Green Champa, for instance.

ISA-AGA-GREE
Green Champa Agarbatti Incense Tube
$2.25

Yes, making a blend of astrological incenses to harmonize your mate and you is a fine idea. You should look at more than your opposing Sun signs, however: Find the aspects that harmonize and build the incense from the harmonious scents as well. You can get an astrological reader like Deacon Millett at AIRR to do a compatibility chart for the two of you, find your areas of greatest harmony, and custom-blend the incense. He is quite reasonable in his pricing.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

autumnalflower
Forum Member

Unread post by autumnalflower » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:08 am

I got into burning incense long before I came across your site or had decided to act on my interest to learn hoodoo.)

1) I have some Indian temple incense that I have been using for the last couple of years as help with meditation (before I took my interest of hoodoo a step further to really study it), and I absolutely love the smell of it. Is there anything that can used in?

2) Also I do have some Super Hit incense. What can I use Super Hit for besides meditations?

3) And what similar products does LMCC have?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:25 am

1) The phrase "Indian temple incense" could refer to almost any brand of agarbathi (stick) or dhoop (cone or log) incense from iIndia. We carry a wide assortment of these incenses and recommend that you employ them based on the primary essential oil scents utilized in them. For instance, those that are Rose scented would be good for love, those that are Jasmine scented would be good for psychism.

2) Super Hit is a very nice all-purpose incense with a slightly sweet "Tibetan" or "Nepalese" aroma, even though it is actually made in India. I find it good for work of a "deep" nature, for situations that require intense concentration. The package shows all 12 Zodiac signs on it, which implies that Super Hit is also an all-purpose zodiacal incense. The name "Super Hit" is a stupid appeal to the drug culture -- Super Hit incense is much better than that really dumb name.

ISA-AGA-S100
Super Hit Agarbatti 100 grams box
$10.00

3) We carry extensive lines of Asian incenses. You can see and read about them here:

TRADITIONAL INDIAN JOSS STICK INCENSE (AGARBATHI / AGARBATTI) PACKED IN TUBES
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatincense.html#agarbathi

TRADITIONAL CHINESE JOSS STICK INCENSE
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatincense ... hinesejoss

TRADITIONAL INDIAN CONE AND LOG INCENSE (DHOOP) IN BOXES
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatincense.html#dhoop

TRADITIONAL CHINESE COIL INCENSE IN BOXES
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatincense.html#coil

Thanks for asking!
catherine yronwode

autumnalflower
Forum Member

Unread post by autumnalflower » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:10 am

Thanks a lot for your answer, Miss Cat.

stelz
Forum Member

Unread post by stelz » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:12 am

Thanks for mentioning Super Hit, I sometimes get little samples of it in my Nag Champa, but haven't found a whole box of it locally. I'll be sure and get some in my next order.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:16 pm

Super Hit incense (while sounding D-U-M-B) is a fantastic aroma...very deep. I personally like it better than the regular Nag Champa...especially in recent years. The quality of the Super Hit has stayed very high (no pun intended!). Recommended!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:38 pm

We agree on both of all three points about Super Hit Incense, Joseph: D-U-M-B name, great aroma, excellent quality!

Another of my favourites:

ISA-AGA-FOUR
Four Roses Agarbathies Incense Tube
$2.25

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:59 am

I would also recommend the Wonderful Four-Way Rose Incense. Four different rose fragrances.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Breezy577
Forum Member

Disposal of unused portions

Unread post by Breezy577 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:46 am

I am just starting out with conjuring and I have a simple question. If use smudge sticks or other incense sticks for cleansing items or areas of my home but I don't use the whole stick, what do I do with the remaining portion? Is it harmful to keep it around and use it again? Like wise I have some incense coils that I burn on sand or salt in a bowl. Should I dispose of the contents of the bowl every time I burn it for a specific purpose? Your help in greatly appreciated, Thanks/ Bless

ProfessorAmes
HRCC Graduate
Re: Disposal of unused portions

Unread post by ProfessorAmes » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:45 pm

There are different approaches. The most traditional way to dispose of left over bits from spell working is to take it a crossroads. Some prefer burying the items at your home - back yard for things you want to stay, front yard for protection items. Never bury crossing work at your house. Another option is to throw it at a big strong tree. For me it depends on the material. I avoid putting anything toxic in my yard or at the crossroads - too much salt will kill plants for instance.

There are also plenty of people who reuse items. I think for functional items like sand and incense sticks, use them up or reuse them until they are gone or too dirty or messy to be respectful.

My favorite approach is from Dr. E who takes the material to the crossroads, ceremonially gives it over to the spirit of the crossroads but respectfully disposes of it with his regular garbage instead of leaving it there.

Since these are just for regular cleansing I think it would be okay to thank the spirits involved, wrap it up and throw it in the garbage.

miss cat has a great summary of all of the different options here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:04 pm

For incense sticks it is traditional to dispose the ash in a proper manner, but to reuse the rest of the stick. Remember that Conjure derives from people who were often poor and therefore things were not disposed until used.

Same with a packet of incense. If you use half the incense, you only dispose the used porition, not the unused.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Starcaster
Forum Member

Unread post by Starcaster » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Thank you for the clarification. I was wondering the same...

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Joss, Agarbatti, Indian, Chinese, Thai Incense from LMCCo

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:28 pm

Here's another one i like a lot:

ISC-COI-PEAC
Peacock Chinese Coil Incense from Macau; 10 per box
$5.75

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:44 pm

I have been recently getting back into the old stand-bys! So many amazing scents...
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

space_cowboy529
Forum Member

Unread post by space_cowboy529 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:58 am

I don't have a question. I just wanted to comment on the Four Roses Agarbathies Incense. I just received it in the mail today and I lit one. The smell reminds me of a woman from my preschool that used to babysit my sister and I. Her name was Rose, and she always had this unusual, distinct scent. I haven't smelled that scent in years, since I was in preschool. It just brought back some childhood memories of falling asleep on my pull-out couch in the living room of my old house with Rose babysitting us.

Naught1usMax1mus
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Naught1usMax1mus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:55 am

I agree that the Three Roses incense reminded me of days past in the 70s -- our family must have used it.

In fact I whipped up a success charm for myself today in a money matter --I call this kind a "MacGyver" charm when I do one, usually the case is that I do not have all of my supplies or regular altar at a current location around me (as was the case today). I had some Three Roses dressed in Black Cat oil in the bathroom already. I anointed myself with Crown of Success and dusted my hands with attraction and money drawing sachet powder (massaging upward onto my arms while making my plea). I took the lit incense stick and "wrote" the $$CC$$ sigil in the air before me five times, walking through the smoke each time, while concentrating on my need and speaking it aloud with my prayer. Re-anointed my hands with Pay Me before going into the bank and made sure my handshake was firm and confident.

I had what I needed done in my favor in under 15 minutes with no fuss at all. I make thanks to St Expedite as well.

'Writing' with the dressed incense, while seeming unorthodox to me, helped me focus on my desire from the charm.

Mary Thomson #1398G
HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1398

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Incenses and Resins in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”