Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Protection and Safety Amulets, Charms, Talismans, Jewelry

How to select, dress, fix, empower, and employ Lucky Mojo magical amulets, charms, seals, papers, talismans, and jewelry.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Amulets to protect from negative people/influences?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:59 pm

The amulets themselves are here:

Lucky Mojo Curio Co: Amulets
http://luckymojo.com/mojocatamulets.html
The amulets themselves are here:

Lucky Mojo Curio Co: Amulets
http://luckymojo.com/mojocatamulets.html

If you don't want to purcahse a folkloric or jewelry-quality amulet from our shop, you can craft your own, of course. There is a list of the herbs, roots, mineral curios, and spiritual supplies used for protection here:

Hoodoo at a Glance
http://luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html
catherine yronwode

Nefertiti
Forum Member
Looking for a Travelers Amulet

Unread post by Nefertiti » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Can anyone direct me where I can buy or buy the supplies to build a traveler's amulet? Preferably of a boat or plane. I want to travel to a certain destination and I have been suggested to make or have someone make for me a traveler's amulet. To attract that to me. As well as create a vision board which I am working on at the moment.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator
Re: Looking for a Travelers Amulet

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:20 am

The Lucky Mojo Catalogue has many of the supplies you can buy to create a traveler's amulet. Also, if you are considering having someone make the amulet for you then be sure to check out the AIRR page on Amulets and Talismans which will list the members of AIRR that do make these items.

Best of luck!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Nefertiti
Forum Member
Re: Protection and Safety Amulets, Charms, Talismans, Jewelry

Unread post by Nefertiti » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:57 pm

Thank you Papa Knewt, but thats the thing I don't know how to make a traveler's amulet :( or what ingredients to buy basically I don't know where to begin I was also thinking maybe a travelers mojo bag could help :/ I don't know where to begin while I am sure the root workers are great I really want to make it myself. Provided you guys can guide me as to what I will need to purchase to attract travel to me, guide me in the right direction. And to manifest the destination to where I want to move/relocate to.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:18 pm

Nefertiti,
What is it that you want to do with this? Safe travel? Or just travelling? I'm a little confused.
Please read this page that will help you to make one.
And, look at the page that papa newt gave you to give you ideas on how to create one.
You might also want to look at the herbs to see what appeals to you: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatherbs.html
Take care

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:51 am

Hello Nefertiti,

Another thing you could do since you want to make it yourself but you are not sure how to do it is hire a rootworker for magical coaching. I believe many of the members on the AIRR site (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org) offer this service. They will coach you through the process step by step while you make it.

Peace~

Nathen

Lovemagic
Forum Member

Love and Sex Amulets, Charms, Talismans, Jewelry

Unread post by Lovemagic » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:31 pm

Hi
I would like to know what would be best amulets for protect everything around? I'm new to Hoodoo & just started to learn for a while. Some people told me I must have a good protection. I do have Buddha Amulet. I'm not sure if it's gonna be enough.
Please let me know if there is something else I should have or carry with me. Thank you.

AnthonyMansker
Forum Member
Re: Love and Sex Amulets, Charms, Talismans, Jewelry

Unread post by AnthonyMansker » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:04 am

Hello LoveMagic-
This topic is about Love and Sex amulets. Visit http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatamulets.html to investigate some Protective amulets. Lucky Mojo offers many protective and apotropaic amulets, including evil eye amulets, silver dimes, hamsa hands, etc...

You can also use the forum search function to check out other discussions of the very topic you are asking about.

Many Blessings to you!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Love and Sex Amulets, Charms, Talismans, Jewelry

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Thank you AnthonyMansker for bringing this to our attention.
I will merge the posts to the appropriate thread.
There are more ideas on this page, Lovemagic.
Take care

Luckbewithme876
Forum Member

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:16 pm

I bought Van Van oil. How does one go about using it to empower amulets and talismans? I'm doing both, the talisman for helping with mental clarity and willpower.

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Hello Luckbewithme876,

Here is a link to using dressing oils http://www.luckymojo.com/oils.html

What I would do is just dab a little on my pointer finger and dab it on the center of the amulet or talisman. If it is big enough you can do a five spot pattern on it instead. As your are dabbing the oil on say a prayer asking the van van to empower and bless the object for you intended purpose.

Hope this helps!

Peace~

Nathen

Luckbewithme876
Forum Member

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Thanks for the info! :) Though I heard that you had to do something more complex than that, such as using candles and incense, actually.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Hello, Luckbewithme876,
You can do that too.
Take care

Luckbewithme876
Forum Member

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:47 pm

What ritual? I was going to place it in a circle of candles anointed with FWOP oil while doing the spell, and then pass it through the FWOP incense. Does that sound like a good idea?

deaconmillett
Forum Moderator

Unread post by deaconmillett » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:36 am

Any amulet you wish to use for protection can be charged during the traditional Fiery Wall of Protection spell. Just place it at the foot of the Cross candle in the center.

Many blessings,

Deacon Millett
Reader - Candle Server - Author - AIRR Ombudsman - Hoodoo Psychics - President of the Board of AISC

Luckbewithme876
Forum Member

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:17 am

Thank you Deacon Millet. I'll definitely do that.

smurfydeuce
Forum Member

Unread post by smurfydeuce » Thu May 01, 2014 7:08 am

I heard of gargoyles bein protecters is it true n if so how do u power them

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu May 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Hello, smurfydeuce,
Check out the post by Moonshadow (you'll have to scroll down the page to find it)
fiery-wall-of-protection-sachet-questio ... tml#p17854
Hope this helps
Take care

Sarafina
Forum Member

Unread post by Sarafina » Mon May 26, 2014 10:08 pm

I recently got a sterling bracelet and a small hamsa hand to connect to it. I want to dress it with van van oil

any psalm I can read over it to increase its effectiveness

Shantilly Lace

Unread post by Shantilly Lace » Wed May 28, 2014 6:48 pm

I think psalm 25, 91 or 121 are good psalms for protection.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed May 28, 2014 9:20 pm

I also like starting everything with Psalm 23. Then, go from there (and pray more psalms)
Here are the psalms you can chose from: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _of_Psalms
I also love the 7-11 Holy Oil and the Blessing oil when I am initially "blessing" the articles with the Psalms.
Your bracelet sounds lovely!!
tae care

dreamweaver
Forum Member
Why did Protective Bracelet snap after doing "work" ?

Unread post by dreamweaver » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:01 pm

I have an amber bracelet and necklace that I wear for protection. They were given to me for that use by someone who is a very good friend and is also my "mentor" I only wear them during a ritual or when I feel I need the extra protection. She gave them to me because there have been several instances where I've felt under psychic attack the last 3 or 4 years. This past summer I found a glass encased candle in my fence row that appears to have been partially buried and burned there. I found a black cloth pouch sewed up with what looked like a vine of some kind. It was buried in the corner of the yard barely under the fence. I found it by chance when I was planting some flowers. This was just a few feet from where the candle was buried. Im sure these were intended for me because I have lived in this house for well over 20 years. These and other instances like finding knotwork in my path as Im walking into work have me constantly researching and doing protective work. I believe these attacks are from a woman that I use to be rivals with and works where I do.

Yesterday I cast circle and did some "work" to resolve some issues in my love life. The target of course is a cheating man who broke my heart. I did a picture box bottle spell I found on this site and burned his picture back to back with hers on a charcoal disk with some cyanne pepper mixed with black pepper.

After finishing my "work" and closing the circle I walked into another room of the house. When I did my bracelet snapped and fell from my wrist . Im sure the bracelet took a hit for me after reading how others have had protective jewelry just break. Since it was Saturday during the hour of Saturn I believe it was another attack from the person leaving knotwork in my path.

I am asking for advice on wether it would be good to repair the bracelet and continue to use it? Does taking a hit for the person wearing protective jewlery lessen its strength or power? Should I consider this as a warning to get stronger protection?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dreamweaver

AlyssaH
HRCC Student
Re: Why did Protective Bracelet snap after doing "work" ?

Unread post by AlyssaH » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:08 pm

You're not supposed to keep wearing jewelry that's taken a hit for you. Check into cleansing & Fiery Wall of Protection products.

aura
Forum Moderator
Re: Why did Protective Bracelet snap after doing "work" ?

Unread post by aura » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:09 am

Hi dreamweaver,

If you're really attached to the piece, get a divination done to see if it can be cleansed, repaired and set back to work again - or at least set back into your regular jewelry rotation.

When you're dealing with a locket or amulet suspended on a thin chain, usually it's just the chain that breaks and then it can be replaced and set back to work again as described by Miss Cat earlier in this thread:
Buy a new chain, as thin as the original. Do not use a thick chain, or you will never receive your warnings. Oil the amulet and pray over it and thank it for saving you from TWO hits in one day! Put the new chain on. Carry the broken chain to a crossroads -- or, in your case, to where the accident almost happened -- and drop it into the road.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

dreamweaver
Forum Member

Unread post by dreamweaver » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:52 am

Thank you for your advice. Since the bracelet was a stretchy bracelet and not on a chain I put it away in a box for safe keeping until I decided what to do. I've decided to cleanse the beads (there are several) and restring them. I will do with the string what was suggested to do with the chain at a crossroad. I don't have the firey wall and am not in a hurry because I want to make sure its right. I plan to order the FWP does anyone know if there is anything that would be better or will this in addition to soaking the beads in salt water until it comes work well enough. I plan to put them in a jar under the full moon on the 4th. Thanks again

SaTurnsI
Newly Registered

Unread post by SaTurnsI » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:13 am

Greetings,

I have a Tetragrammaton necklace and I have felt that it was a good source for protection. I wanted some opinons and should I use a protective spell ? I prayed over it when I first got it.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Hello, SaTurnsI,

Yes I would definitely use a protection spell. Here are some great ones that Miss cat wrote: www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html

And you can also use the protection oil on it: www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html

I hope this helps

take care

Oceanas Moon
Forum Member

Unread post by Oceanas Moon » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:04 pm

Has anyone used fine jewelry as a strong protective amulet, such as diamond earrings, or a pendant that the chain can be replaced after being 'hit'? My 15 year old is ready to start practicing (at least delving into the subject on her own) and for her 16th I would like to get her a 'special' piece. Something to stay with her for years that can be continually redressed and protection renewed. Any specific stones/ gems/ symbols better at this than others?
Thanks for your help!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:01 pm

Hello, Oceanas Moon,

I gave you this link in another thread: www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html

Now, I personally use amethyst for protection but it is not a hoodoo practice.

Lucky mojo does sell them

Take care

Oceanas Moon
Forum Member

Unread post by Oceanas Moon » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Thank you Miss Aida!

mizjoannlee
Forum Member

Unread post by mizjoannlee » Sat May 02, 2015 7:26 pm

I would make a doll baby out of a male candle, baptize it, then work on it with baths and oils of protection, and recite Psalms of protection over it. That way, I could keep putting power into the spell on my end.

Athena1
Forum Member

Unread post by Athena1 » Mon May 11, 2015 7:49 pm

Hello what talisman i recommended for me to use for night terrors,, negative energies coming thru the dream state ?
thanks Athena

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon May 11, 2015 10:37 pm

Hello, Athena1,

Oh my. I am so sorry this is happening to you

Find the protection amulets (along with protection spells) here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html

You my need a lot more than just the amulet, though.

Wishing you the very best

take care

Beginner01
Forum Member

Unread post by Beginner01 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:15 pm

Hi,

I have been reading up on amulets on the site but I think I might be having a difficult time navigating the links provided on either page of this forum. http://www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html Had lots of information on amulets but didn't really give a lot of information on what ritual to perform with the amulet. From reading i gathered that you can read the 2 psalms specified, use van van oil to annoit them and pray over them. I was wondering if adding a candle would make the amulets stronger and if so how the candle would be used?

Also, I've gathered that opposed to a general amulet it might be a good idea to have specific amulets for specific areas of protection. In this instant would you annoit each amulet with a different oil or will the oil remain the same for all & does having more than one amulet give you more protection?

Thank you

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:10 pm

Hello, Beginner01 ,

I personally like the Fiery wall of protection oil on all of my amulets (and, yes, you can wear more than one): www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html

You could put a circle of candles around the amulet/s to give them an extra charge.

Just write the word p r o t e c t I o n on the candles in cursive, from bottom to top, in a spiral fashion

I hope this helps

Good luck

goldentouch97
Forum Member

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:21 am

Some years ago i followed the advices of an old man in my town an i build a protection charm for my car,this protection charm have 3 medals in it,one of St. Christopher,one St. Benedict and a virgin medal.I put it in a bag with a prayer wrote on a paper.This charm work very good during more than 5 years.Now i sell my car one week ago and buy a new car,so i wanna know what to do,if i need to put the same charm in my new car or if i need the build another one for the new car with the same medals.Let me know please.

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:02 am

Hello goldentouch97,

I would start by asking the person who taught you the spell to begin with. We don't really know what tradition this work comes out of other than it has roots in Catholicism. I think ultimately you could probably do either. IF the old charm is somehow specific to that particular car in some way then I would say make a new one. If the charm was more targeted and keeping you safe no matter what car you were in then keep the old one.

Peace~

Nathen

goldentouch97
Forum Member

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:35 pm

The personn who give me spell died some years ago but i know this spell com from catholicism tradition.The charm is specific to my car,the spell is simple,i put the 3 medals in a lamp filed with olive oil and blessed water and i need to burn this lamp for 9 consecutive days,after this i must keep all the 3 medals in a plastic bag with a prayer paper,this plastic bag need to stay all the time in my car in the glove boxes.In the case to make a new one,what can i do with the old one ? how to dispose of it ?

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:39 pm

Hello Goldentouch97,

I would bury the old one, maybe in a Catholic cemetery, give it a little funeral thanking it for it's service to you and such.

Peace~

Nathen

goldentouch97
Forum Member

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:27 pm

Thanks a lots for your help,i gonna bury the old one.

OglaMaria

Unread post by OglaMaria » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:35 am

In my nation we use talismans with an eye to keep off evil. I was interested to see they are also for sale in the USA. These no doubt came to America with people who emigrated. Thanks for helping me understand how united the world is in magic and prayer.

beloved
Forum Member

Unread post by beloved » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:48 am

Hello,

Could my mojo be taking the hits for me? Is this how protection works? I've had to remake my love mojo bag four times now. The last one I remade because it had a hole which I realized when the silver dime I had in it slipped out and landed in my hand. The new one is okay, but I already lost it when I got upset one day. I later found it when I was calm, inside of my pillow case next to my intended's picture. I have also had a Hamsa hand with the evil eye amulets fall apart, a rabbits foot key chain fall out, and a St. Michael candle go out. Are my protections taking the hits? I know that someone is continually working against me so I am not suprised about any of this. My love work is progressing, slowly but steadily improving so it doesn't seem to be effecting my love work. I'm more annoyed than anything else, but not sure if this is how protection works. I've also done the fiery wall of protection spell for my relationship and it seems to be working. I know that certain protections can be disposed of after they take the hits, but does that include dimes? Can I re-use the dime by washing it with florida water? I've read on this forum that the hard bits can be re-used.

Thank you kindly in advance for all of your help!

Best,

Beloved

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:32 am

Hi beloved,

That is a lot of potentially spiritual activity that is difficult to discern on the forum. I would advise you get a reading from someone at AIRR to find out if these are indeed hits, and what to do about any spiritual attacks thrown your way. You can find a reader here:
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

OR

www.hoodoopsychics.com

Personally, if a dime or another curio has taken a hit for me, I do not re-use it. I would dispose of it in a ritual manner. Here is the Lucky Mojo page on what to do with ritual remains: http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC #1909G

beloved
Forum Member

Unread post by beloved » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi Miss Athena,

I will schedule a reading. That's too bad about the dime. Should I dispose of everything in my mojo bag? I also have a rose quartz stone in there along with herbs (which I usually replace). I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy the hard bits again.

Thank you!

Beloved

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:35 pm

Hello, beloved,

Let me get this straight: you have only one mojo for love and for protection against spells being thrown at you?

If that is the case, then this is the problem. You should not combine 2 completely different things in one mojo hand. What was probably happening is that the mojo hand was rejecting your requests because it was not the right mojo hand.

You will need one for protection and another for love.

You can remove the rose quartz and cleanse it.

Wishing you the very best

take care

beloved
Forum Member

Unread post by beloved » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:55 am

Miss Aida!

You are right. I put the dime in with the love mojo for protection--a distinct intent. I will create two and see what happens.

Thank you!

Beloved

Spiritual_Mama
HRCC Student

Unread post by Spiritual_Mama » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:09 pm

Dear LM family,

I gave a silver dime to my cousin. She gave it to her son to make jewelry out of it. Her son polished the dime and made it into a bracelet for her to wear. She was worried that the polishing process has reduced or removed the protection power of the dime. Is this true?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:59 pm

Hello, Spiritual_Mama ,

Just put some protection products on it and it should be just fine

www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html

Take care

Spiritual_Mama
HRCC Student

Unread post by Spiritual_Mama » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:23 am

Thank you Miss Aida

airofwealth
Forum Member

Unread post by airofwealth » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:59 am

Hello. How are you? I have lots of old stones, lodestones, john the conquer pieces and mojo bags. What can I do to make them consecrated again with newness in my favor .. Thanks

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:34 am

Hello airofwealth,

That's a lot of different kinds of objects, but generally, if you want to reconsecrate a hard object, give it a wash in whiskey then re-dress it with an appropriate oil (Lodestone oil for lodestones, for example), then start feeding it if it needs to be fed. Mojo bags are a different story. If the mojo bag feels "dead" to you, you might need to ritually take it apart and remake it after washing the hard objects inside like I described and replenishing things like herbs, petition papers, etc.

You can read more about re-consecrating mojo bags and ask questions about the subject here:

mojo-seen-touched-dropped-washed-unfed- ... 21076.html

Take care.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Metalina
Forum Member

Unread post by Metalina » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:42 pm

My mercury dime fell off my ankle four times, today. I was at home all four times.

The first time it was on a chain, the chain didn't break, the latch just let it go. The second time I used a bit of red wool cord, and it didn't break either, the dime's loop let go of the cord (I guess, I mean that's the only possible way it could have come off.) I took the loop off and put a new cord directly through the hole in the dime, then the double knot on the cord let go. Then I switched to a ribbon, and that double knot, too, came undone. So I just redid it again with a new cord and this time I knotted it several more times. I'm baffled because this has never happened before, and usually wool really grips itself better than this. I think it must be the dime trying to tell me something.

Here's something weird. The dime in question is a 1944. Today, I made a LM order including some Reversing Oil and candles plus a few other things, and my order number ends in 444.

As you can imagine I cleaned myself and my home, used Fiery Wall oil, burned Tibetan Ghost Purge Incense and put on an additional mercury dime. I'm a little unnerved.

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:14 am

Hi Metalina,

It may have taken a hit for you. Hard to say.

You're right to do a cleansing and put up protection. I would also look into replacing your dime.
http://www.luckymojo.com/silverdime.html

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC #1909G

JAD82017
Forum Member

Unread post by JAD82017 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:14 am

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for any recommendations on jewelry/amulets that LM sells for protection. I need something for general protection... Maybe something that blocks out negative influences/vibes as well.. Which have you found that work best for you? I'd rather not have something that would cause people to stare and question the piece. I've looked through some of the items for sale here but I can't decide on which I should get. Thanks in advance!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:36 am

Hello, JAD82017 ,

Oh my.

There's no way we can answer this question

These amulets are personal to each person.

And what we wear is not to be advertised. If an enemy knows what you are wearing, they could try to combat it.

So, you'll have to make that decision for yourself

You've seen all the amulets, right?

JAD82017
Forum Member

Unread post by JAD82017 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:34 pm

I'm sorry. I didn't even consider that someone could combat it. I apologize.

Yes, I've looked through each. There are a few that I find catching but I'm still unsure which would be best suited for me. I'll just relook through them.

I know that I have someone working negative magic against me, it's an old friend of mine. We had a falling out when his wife committed suicide, he was the cause of it. I could never look at him the same after that, we got into an argument a few months back and since then he's been working against me. So, that's mostly what I'd like protection from, his workings. I'll reread all the descriptions and hopefully find something. There's certainly plenty to choose from!

I can purchase Van Van oil in the mean time and put it on a piece of jewelry I already own while reciting a psalms over it, correct? I have a ring I wear everyday, it has a crescent moon, star, cross & sun on it. Would that be okay to use?

Thank you.

I apologize again for my previous question. I really hadn't thought about the possibility of someone working against anyone that answered.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Hello, JAD82017

No need to apologize!

Take care

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Amulets, Charms, Seals, Papers, and Jewelry in Hoodoo”