• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Birds as Omens: Hawk, Crow, Dove, Wren, Owl, Sparrow, Etc.

Re: Birds as Omens: Hawk, Crow, Dove, Wren, Owl, Sparrow, Etc.

Unread postby boadiccearose » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Miss Aida

I take it as a warning sign. It's weird but it prepares me for the bad. I can start protection immediately I see them.
boadiccearose

Unread postby Miss Aida » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:55 pm

Hello, boadiccearose,
Funny how we all interpret things differently.
Guess it comes from the cultural background of a person and/or their personal experiences.
Thanks for sharing!
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby boadiccearose » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:47 pm

What does this mean?
I saw two nighthawks tonight. I have never seen any and especially not during a football scrimmage.
I wouldn't have known what type of bird they were except for a woman behind me mentioned that they were nighthawks (just when I was wondering what kind of bird they were)
They didn't make a sound jut flew in silence. I couldn't even hear their wings.

I also saw a small group of crows in a tree behind the house across the street from me.
They kept flying down to the ground then fly back up into the tree making their cawing sound.
I see lots of black birds when I'm going to have problems with my ex husband.
But I've never seen nighthawks. Ever.
boadiccearose

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:52 pm

Hello, boadiccearose

If you have read the posts on these 2 pages, you will see that Miss Bri works with birds and know then well.

You might want to consider obtaining a reading with her. Animal omens are usually personal. And we, unfortunately, don't give these type of interpretations on the forum
You can find Miss Bri at: http://readersandrootworkers.org

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Priya1220 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:34 pm

Is it possible that this could be a sign/omen, or just a coincidence?

Okay, so i moved into a new place a week and a half ago. I have two pigeons who live outside my window, and they are in love, theyre a couple. Lol it sounds so cute just saying that. Anyway, they live on the window ledge thats across from mine. (No one lives in that building). They cuddle and are always with each other. There is an old nest that is there too (you can tell by looking at it that its old), and they like to hang around it, cuddle on it, and sit on it... but watching their behavior i didn't think they had eggs in it. i could be wrong though.

I know this is probably not any sign/omen whatsoever, but it would be cute to have it be one. so that is why i am asking. Lol
Priya1220

Unread postby MoonBreath » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi Priya1220,

I think having a pair of doves outside your window is a good thing or blessing. I have heard they keep rheumatism away ... which is always a good thing. ;)

Doves represent love, faithfulness, gentleness and the Holy Ghost. Some believe when the soul leaves the body, it flies back to Heaven in the form of a dove - and I have read about a lady who was sitting up with a friend who was dying and swears she saw the form of a dove fly away from the woman right after her last breath. But I assume no one is sick or dying in your home, so it is probably just a nice blessing to have those 2 sweet birds around. If you are single, perhaps there is a partner in your future, who knows?
MoonBreath

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:12 pm

Hello, MoonBreath ,

EXCELLENT !!!!

You're very wise!
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Priya1220 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:49 pm

Thank you! And i agree with Miss Aida.

With the last thing you said MoonBreath,
I had the '10 of cups' pulled on me from two different people in regards to the outcome with my ex. I know its silly but its like the birds are representing that to me. Like i am being shown that by the world to hang on and it will happen. They are in love and happy with each other and always by each others side.And they apparently are going to have a family soon... 0_0 i was near the window and looked up.... didnt realize what was going on at first and then realized they were mating..... lol i closed the blinds right after i noticed and walked away. Haha.

Its reassuring to read your reply as now i dont have to feel stupid for thinking it could infact be a sign. :) i was worried someone might think i was dumb so that's why i wrote in my original post that i knew it most likely wasnt one even though i thought it could be. Lol. thank you!!!!
Priya1220

Unread postby brujaha123 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:42 am

Hello all,

I have seen 3 dead (looks like someone stepped on them) baby pigeons in different locations within the past month. And, I have seen them under the following circumstances: 1) after I drop off hotfoot vigil remains at the crossroads, 2) before I light a hotfoot vigil and 3) within 3 days of a breakup vigil ending.

If dead birds are negative signs, and the work I am doing is negative in nature, should I take these sightings as positive signs for my work being successful?

brujaha123
Thank you, my dear St. Martha the Dominator, for the miracle.
St. Joseph, I am forever grateful.
brujaha123

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:18 pm

Hello, brujaha123 ,

Wow, this is a tough question.

My first instinct is that it is a good sign for your work.

But, I pray that there are no chemicals in the air that are killing these poor things...

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby brujaha123 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Yes, exactly! I was wondering if maybe some other factor is involved. I know a cat will kill it's babies if it smells a human scent on it, but I know nothing about birds lol. But also lately, I have been seeing single feathers all over the place too. And today, a lady was walking a dog in front of me, and his collar had a single feather in it standing straight up like an antenna. I wondered why she put that on him.

I'm going to go with your 1st instinct and let these sightings reassure me b/c I can use the positive thoughts.

Thank you,
brujaha123
Thank you, my dear St. Martha the Dominator, for the miracle.
St. Joseph, I am forever grateful.
brujaha123

Live Things in You

Unread postby 89bingo » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:39 pm

Hello Everyone ,
I apologize ahead for this
I am experiencing a very odd & bizarre experience since 5-6 wks and I searched for hours on LM but cannot find the right section to post this :(
I apologize again . But i'm hoping for some answer/insight on this please ,as this is driving me nuts .

Since 5-6 wks ,a small sparrow kind bird literally bangs itself against a particular downstairs closed bay window & as if is desperate to enter the house !!
In the beginning it did this once or twice usually late morning for 20-30 min continuously ,but now many times during the day,noon ,evening !!. Sometimes the banging noise is so loud on downstairs window ,that even if i'm in upstairs bedroom - i can still hear it inspite of tv on !

In the beginning ,i used to feel bad for the poor bird ,worrying it would die like this .
FYI - i'm doing uncrossing ,protection work since around that time . Followed by fiery wall of protection oil anointed on doors & windows .
So innocently 1 day my daughter says '' mom ,do you think it is the bad spirit that was driven out by your work is trying to force its way back but cannot !!'' . I was stunned .
What if its true ?
Any and all experienced insights are appreciated .

Regards
89bingo

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:48 pm

Hello, 89bingo,

This is definitely an omen.

I have moved your post to the correct subforum. Please read the 2 pages on this thread.

You may want to consider some protection products: www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html

Wishing you the best

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby 89bingo » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:27 pm

Thank you so much Ms Aida !
I will definitely follow your suggestion
89bingo

Unread postby mavic » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi everyone! I have had something unusual happen early this afternoon. I have been working methodically on a honey jar for success in my new business. I have been working it, right beside a picture of my mother, who had passed 8 years back. When I pray over the jar, I sometimes can't help but ask my mother for help. She was a real go-getter! Anyhow, I asked for a sign. When I left a few hours later, I left through the entrance that was connected to my garage and as soon as I opened the door - a mourning dove came soaring right at me. I actually got a little shook up, let out a scream and retreated back behind the door. When I gathered myself, I peaked out again and saw it flapping about. I had left the garage door open you see, so it flew in but couldn't manage to get back out. It landed on a metal beam right before me and stared at me, long and hard for a moment. I felt bad and wanted to help it... so I grabbed something long, and gently tried to guide it out... It flew away safely. But how strange is that? Now my question is, would that be a good sign, or a warning sign - since it came right at me? I was hoping that it was related to my honey jar as opposed to some other kind of omen.
mavic

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:51 pm

Hello, mavic ,

In my personal experiences, it is a GREAT sign!!

Congrats!
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Fox » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:27 am

Hi all,

I was working a candle on top of a breakup vinegar jar when a huge raven (or crow) appeared out of nowhere and landed in front of the building/window where I was working. Thought I'd post it as a question as to what it meant (I did feel intuitively it was a good sign but wanted to make sure). It actually landed on the street in front, walked a bit and sat on the highway railing facing me for a long bit before flying off.
Seeking to learn more.
Fox

Unread postby Miss Aida » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:59 pm

Hello, Fox ,

I deleted it as we don't post these things on the forum.

AS you can see, some people regard this as a good omen (as do I) while others don't. It depends on the culture.

My advice is to document when you saw this, and when either god or bad things happened (especially an important message) and then you can interpret what it means to you.

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby blessedfavors32 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:52 am

Soooo last night was a full moon and something strange happen that has never happen before, I came about 2:30am and as I laid down I heard an owl hooting. It booted about 4 segments can someone please tell me what that means? Thanks and blessings to all.
blessedfavors32

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:46 pm

Hello, blessedfavors32,

Find the answer here:

birds-as-omens-hawk-crow-dove-wren-owl-sparrow-etc-t25412.html#p91053

Take Care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Back Acres Bohemian » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:53 pm

Hello everyone. This is my first post and I'm not certain that I am putting it in the right place so I'll apologize in advance just in case. I have a question in regards to a hawk and another in regards an owl. First the hawk. One day on her way into town, a friend found a dead hawk on the highway median. She put it in the back of her truck and took it with her to the Flint Hills to bury it. Before she buried it, she took some feathers and it's talons. I can't tell you why - it's something she would have to explain. All I can say about it is that she brought them to me for "preserving", I guess because I live in the country and I have outbuildings for safe-keeping of the talons while they were there. I hung them and tried not to think too much about them. I wound up pretty much forgetting about them until one day she called to say she was coming to get them. When I went to the woodshed they were gone. I know that an animal could not get to them. There was one other person who knew they were there. She said they did not take them. I was a little unsettled by this. Is this as wrong as my heart and soul tells me it is? She said that she was doing no harm as the bird was already dead. She said she gave it a deserved burial in the gorgeous Flint Hills where hawks are many. I never asked her what she intended to do with them. I assumed that she was going to use them in her art work. I couldn't think of any other reason she would want to have them. It has bothered me for years and I cringe with shame and regret every time I think about it. I couldn't have stopped her from taking the talons, but I could have said no when she asked to keep them in my woodshed. If anyone has factual info, opinion, or feedback I would sure appreciate it, good or bad.

As for the owl, recently my best friend and my daughter and I were on one of the dirt back roads where we live. We saw an owl flying low to the ground with a small flock of what looked like sparrows or some other small bird flying behind it, almost chasing it. It was quite a sight, and pretty unusual. One of the schools here has the owl for it's mascot. However, we don't seem to see or hear many owls. I know that smaller birds will chase an owl away from their nesting places, as owls will prey on their young. The owl flew in a straight path, then suddenly swooped left and flew right in our path - we could have hit it if we had been going faster. Since then I've been braced for a death or illness, as I've always believed owls to be an omen of this. Does anyone know? Would you consider the swooping over to us as a direct acknowledgment from the owl? I took it as such.

Thanks, and I hope that someone can advise me, especially where the hawk is concerned. I can't tell you how much this has bothered me, and it's been 7 years!
A passionate woman is worth the chaos
Back Acres Bohemian

Location: Rural midwest on a small piece of land we call "Back Acres Bohemia"

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:46 pm

Hello, Back Acres Bohemian ,

I'm confused. You're asking abut a dead hawk from 7 years ago? Is this correct?

I'm not sure what it meant as signs are personal and whatever happened then would have been the interpretation.

As far as owls are concerned, they are creatures, in my beliefs, of wisdom. I would have interpreted this as your are going to get news with new information.

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Back Acres Bohemian » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:28 pm

Hi again, Miss Aida. To answer your question, yes....I am asking about a dead hawk from 7 years ago. It has bothered me that bad. There's a little more to the story, as to why I've let it bother me so. I wanted to get some feedback before I shared that part.

Thank you for your insight. Much appreciated.
A passionate woman is worth the chaos
Back Acres Bohemian

Location: Rural midwest on a small piece of land we call "Back Acres Bohemia"

Unread postby Oda » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:15 am

I've saw a death crow laying on the grass on a old cemetery nearby, can i do something with it or should i just bury it to give it peace?
Oda

Unread postby Sister Jean » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:40 am

Hello Oda,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum. If you like, you're welcome to introduce yourself under the introductions thread.

I moved your post to this thread about bird omens, if you wanted to interpret finding the crow in such a manner.

As far as "doing something" with the crow, crow parts aren't used in hoodoo, however, if you felt like you had permission from the crow's spirit, you might be able to incorporate crow bones into a bone reading set. You can read more about bone readings here:

bone-shell-and-nut-reading-questions-and-answers-t9864.html

You may want to check on the laws where you live though, to make sure it's not illegal for you to harvest the bones.

If you'd rather just leave the crow in peace, you can do that too.

Take care

P.S. Posting new topics is against forum rules. Next time you have a question, please find the thread that best fits with what you're asking (you can use the search box at the top right of the screen), and post your question at the end of it by clicking "post reply." Thanks!
Thank you, St. Michael, St. Expedite, St. Martha, Bone Mama!
ID #1590G
I'm on Hoodoo Psychics!
Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby IMG » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Over the past two weeks I've had a brown finch perch on my fire escape with a beak full of worms sometimes twice a day. When she arrives, she sings briefly to get my attention. I realize she is bringing back food to her nest to feed her babies, but considering I live in an apartment building and she has plenty of windows to choose from, I feel she is bringing me a message. Her back is always towards me and she's always looking in over her shoulder. I feel she will keep coming to visit me until I can figure out what she's trying to tell me.
IMG

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Hello, IMG ,

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, there's no way that we could even venture to guess what she is trying to tell you.

You know, you could just ask her to send you other signs of what she's trying to say. Animals DO listen!

She could also just like you a lot and know that you are a safe and gentle soul that wouldn't hurt her. And she just may be greeting you.

Like I had said, hard to tell

Sorry!

take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby MysticTieya » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Now I'm a little worried.

I have read many of the posts involving owls and I am wondering what's up.

Over the last week I have been seeing statues, figurines, and other likenesses of owls all over the place.
I've seen 20+ of these and I am not certain which message is being sent. Do the omens mentioned here apply to likenesses which are not live birds? :?:
MysticTieya

Unread postby Miss Athena » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:19 pm

Hi MysticTieya,

Typically when we talk about birds as omens, we are referring to birds that are alive and not likenesses. However if you are suddenly seeing owl imagery everywhere and this is highly unusual for you, then they may be a sign of a message. I would get a reading to find out what is intended to be communicated:
www.readersandrootworkers.org/
www.hoodoopsychics.com

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC #1909G
Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MysticTieya » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:13 am

Your icon is an owl...
That's interesting.

Someone must really want to get this message through because seeing owls like this is not normal for me.

Thank you. I will see about a reading.
MysticTieya

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:19 am

Hello, MysticTieya ,

In some cultures, owls represent misfortune.

In other cultures, they represent good luck

For me, personally, they represent incoming wisdom. In Greek culture, the Owl is Sofia (or "Sofos, meaning "wisdom" in Greek) and is associated with the Greek Goddess Athena.

In my entire lifetime, every time I have come into contact with an owl, I had good luck. And I learned something that I needed to know (wisdom).

But, like Miss Athena had said, if you're concerned, a reading wouldn't hurt.

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby MysticTieya » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:35 am

Thank you.
You responded to a different post I posted on the forum and I wanted to thank you for that too @MissAida
MysticTieya

Unread postby Priestess Divine » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:05 am

Hello MysticTieya,

Bird as you know are very spiritual creatures and as such, will often give signs to represent the message from the spiritual realm. But merely seeing a bird and/or certain type of bird will not always be an indication of what it is trying to tell you. You will have to watch what they are doing, how many their are, even where they landed. Bird are my spiritual messengers in a huge way! They will let me know when I am under spiritual attack, when they have stopped a spiritual attack, when something bad is coming and also give me messages of assurance that things are okay, when someone is going to die or that a magical spell I have done is working. I have a past life experience with birds so that is why they are a huge part of my life now. Although everyone is not going to have the same experience that I have because of this, I would assume the same "bird divination" method would apply in your situation as well.

The general meaning of OWL, could be read as a part the meaning but there is also a huge element of individualization that goes with understanding what they are trying to communicate. What does the owl represent to you? Pay attention to how they are acting.Was it fighting other birds, perched on a certain object or flying? What were you doing at the time, what you were thinking, what was going on in your life. And yes, a dead bird means something completely different than a live bird. Where was it..on the road, in the woods, etc.

Wish I could give you a concise answer but this will at least get you on the road road in the future. As advised, the reading you are going to get will be able to answer your question precisely.

Best of Luck to you!
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.
Priestess Divine

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:43 am

Priestess Divine !!

Awesome response!

Thanks
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Priestess Divine » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:35 pm

Thank you Miss Aida!
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.
Priestess Divine

Unread postby MysticTieya » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:29 pm

Thank you.

I followed Miss Aida's advice and signed up for a reading on the LMHRH.
I was told that the owl is the owl of wisdom who wants to ally with me as help me grow spiritually. It is not the owl of death. This resonates with me.
I was given root work advice to find out what the message is for myself and to find out what other signs mean.

Thank you both again. :D
MysticTieya

Unread postby Miss Athena » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi MysticTieya,

That is wonderful news, thank you for keeping us in the loop!

I hope you get a positive message from this experience. Good luck.
HRCC #1909G
Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MysticTieya » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Well... my paternal grandmother died so maybe it was the harbinger of death after all...
I didn't know her well and she went quickly. I still see owls pretty often.
MysticTieya

Unread postby Sister Jean » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:32 am

Hello MysticTieya,

I'm very sorry about your grandmother :(

Sometimes with omens like this, we can't know for sure what they meant until something happens. Perhaps you could start keeping a journal of when you see owls and jot down your feelings about what happening at the time. Take care.
Thank you, St. Michael, St. Expedite, St. Martha, Bone Mama!
ID #1590G
I'm on Hoodoo Psychics!
Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MysticTieya » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:47 pm

My cousin and my great uncle also died. Lord have mercy.
MysticTieya

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Oh, MysticTieya ,

I am so very sorry

Please take care of yourself
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Previous

• Advertisement