• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:39 pm

Spells to Calm and / or to Train a Dog

Re: Help for an out of control dog

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:03 am

sweetie, thanks for the great advice.

The waist-leash exercise is fantastic and thanks for mentioning it, because i forgot to! A dog-trainer friend of mine calls it "Velcro-Dog", because the dog is literally stuck to you for two or three weeks (she recommends three weeks) and it is an awesome exercise for new owners to use to forge a life-long bond with the dog and vice versa. Even with an already-house-broken dog. It totally develops the idea in the dog's mind that you are bonded.

I laughed at your mention of the use of wording for the command to eliminate. We use the term "Go out." An advanced form of this idea of elimination on command employs teaching the dog to ring a bell hung from the inside doorknob -- "Ring the bell if you want to go out." It is also funny to see how totally our dog obeys the "Go out" command. Even if she does not feel the need, she will squat and produce what we call a "courtesy pee" -- and this is eight years after the treat-feeding stopped. It's just second nature to her now; "Go out" means "do your business" -- and she does it!

The use of the muzzle is controversial, of course. I have never had a "bitey" dog, so i have no first-hand experience with one, but it certainly does seem like an option, if the animal is threatening others in the family.

Again, thanks for your wonderful and wise advice.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby sweetie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:50 pm

Thank you Catherine. I love the bell idea. The velcro dog is the perfect name for what's going on when leashed to a dog, I forget that they learn just as much about us as people as we do about them during the process. My dogs would instinctively come sit next to me and stare at my husband if he so much as raised his voice a tiny bit-- not aggressive or defensive, but with just enough interest to let him know they were taking my side of the argument.
sweetie

Unread postby babygirl » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:29 pm

I love the velcro dog idea!! I assume the leash should be short so she is right next to me and does not have much room to get into anything else. I do have to go to work, but between all of us, she will only be left alone for about 4 hours at a time. My daughter is a major supporter of getting things to go smoothly and she is willing to do anything she can to help out, so she will be helping out allot with this. I think the gentle leader will help my daughter to control her better, rather than being thrown all over the house from getting pulled everywhere. You have all given me wonderful ideas, and I will try everything. We have tried a muzzle on her, and even the vet tried to muzzle her with every size there is, and houdini dog gets ever one of them off, so we will pass on that for now. Hopefully we won't have to take that route again. I appreciate everyone's concern and help, I will keep you updated on her progress.
babygirl

Help with aggression

Unread postby YunaLuna » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi! I am new the forums, so please forgive me if I posted my topic in the wrong forum. I figured this one might be more appropriate for my topic.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my dog. He has a great spirit, very lovable and goofy! Great with humans, and kids, but very aggressive towards other animals, especially ones larger than him. I took him from a friend who didn't have time to walk him, and was otherwise too afraid to walk him due to his aggression. My friend was going to take him the the Humane Society, as he didn't know who would want a pit bull with these issues, and was afraid an accident would eventually occur around one of his kids. I remember having this feeling, like I had to meet this dog. I don't know how to explain it, but I mostly didn't want for him to never find a loving home again. I guess those feelings had a lot to do with the fact that I am a big pit bull sympathizer, as a lot of people don't realize that their mind sets and instincts are very different from other breeds. I cannot afford additional dog training, other then what I do myself. I have burned candles in prayers to help with him. Nothing specific, just trying to visualize him being friendly with other animals, and having friends. Maybe I am being a tad impatient, but it's been a couple months, and I haven't noticed a change quite yet. I just want to be able to socialize him with other dogs, let him make friends, and give him the exercise he deserves (there are people ALL over my neighborhood walking their dogs, so this makes it difficult to walk him longer then 30 minutes, and I fear that someone may report me to animal control because of his behavior towards other dogs), without worrying about any accident occurring. So my question is, does anyone know any spells, herbs, psalms, ANYTHING that would help with this? Any information would be greatly appreciated! In the mean time, I will continue with my own research.
Thank you for your time in reading my novel,
YunaLuna ^_^
YunaLuna

Re: Help with aggression

Unread postby Psychic Mimi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:49 am

Have you taken him to the vet? I had to take mine and was told to try medication, which is surprisingly cheap. As in really, really dirt cheap. It takes a couple of weeks to kick in, but in the meantime, I do what I can by not setting Lucky up for failure. Lucky is very skittish in general, so when I walk him, I just can't go without making adjustments. I might want to walk a certain route, but I have to remember the walk is not for me. He doesn't care where we walk, and if it takes a short trip to get there, he's all the happier for it. I have to purposely walk him where other people aren't likely to be, which is fine since I'm walking with a big horse of a dog. No one is going to mess with me. (Thanks, Lucky!) If walking him in a certain area is not got at a particular time, I switch the time that I go. I found that big dogs can learn to hold it like an iron tank, so making the adjustments to my schedule was the only way to make it work. Once the meds kick in, the vet said he would have all of those feel good chemicals swimming around that would help him cope with the stress of dealing with strangers. I don't know, but in the meantime, we do what we need to do. There is always a way if you want to find it.
Psychic Mimi

Re: Doggie Magic

Unread postby Teenytiny » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:55 am

cancankant wrote:What about a St. Francis of Assisi medal? You can even get them engraved with your pet's information. I've seen some very pretty (and sturdy) ones.

I love this idea, never thought about this for my pets, especially my cat, as I live near a busy road. Thank you!
Teenytiny

Re: Doggie Magic for Training Serice Dog Puppy

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:01 pm

AMU-ITA-ALFR
Metal Wallet Plaque: St. Francis Assisi
$2.00]

STA-CAC-CFRA
St. Francis of Assisi, Painted Plastic Statuette
$3.5

OIL-CAT-FRAN
St. Francis of Assisi Oil
$7.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Separation Anxiety in rescued dog

Unread postby TrickseyEowyn » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:23 pm

Hello All,

I have a wonderful dog who suffers from Separation Anxiety and has ever since I rescued her 11 years ago. Because I am medically disabled, I was able to train her to be my Service Dog, therefore, she rarely is left home alone ( I joke that I am the Service Human and I, not she, should be wearing the orange vest...lol).

My problem is that during the times that I absolutely must leave her alone, she panics...she chews the trim by the door, scratches nonstop and barks uncontrollably. I feel so bad for her and have tried everything, from Bach's Rescue Remedy, Flower Essences, Essential Oils/Diffusers, L-Tryptyophen and prescription Fluoxetine.

Has anyone had any luck with spells in this area? :o
TrickseyEowyn

Re: Spells to Calm and / or to Train a Dog

Unread postby Miss Aida » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Good Evening, TrickseyEowyn,
Try some tranquility oil. Mix up a little with a base oil ( like Almond oil) and place on the back of her neck (with prayers to St Francis of Assissi) so that she can't reach it.
Here is the link: www.luckymojo.com/oil-tranquility.html
May I suggest that you contact a dog behaviorist? Maybe this person can come to your house and assess the problem in person. Frequently, it is easier for the behaviorist to actually see what the situation is and maybe find some sort of resolution. Phone advice and internet advice doesn't help without knowing both you and the dog.
I'm so sorry that you're having these problems. Looks suspicious in that something may have happened with her previous owners.
Thank you for recuing her. You're a wonderful person for doing this.
Wishing you health, wealth, and happiness
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

"love" spell for pets?

Unread postby SansSouci572 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:32 pm

I am new to posting on the forum. I live in an old house that is divided in two. The guy who lives upstairs has a pit bull. He and the dog are not fond of cats; and I have three. I have been thinking of performing some kind of love spell on my cats and his dog so that my cats are safe, or even protected by this dog. And, of course I would like it if he also liked them...as we are starting to see each other, and even if we were not, we all need to get along and feel safe.
I also thought of a protection spell..as the next door neighbors are often interfering with my pets anyway. But I don't really want a "wall" with the pit bull and my pets, I want them to get along. Unless that is unrealistic..as this is the dog's nature. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly..
SansSouci572

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:44 pm

Hello, SansSouci572,

Welcome to the forum! if you have time (and if you wish), please introduce yourself on the introduction thread so that we can meet you.

I have merged your post to a subforum that deals with this type of issue. There are 2 pages to read through. Also, please pay attention to the "Jackie The Cat" mojo hand that someone mentioned. If you're interested in this, you can find it here: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html

For protection please look at this page:
spells-to-protect-self-pets-or-property-from-uncivil-dogs-t20237.html

After reading through, if you have any questions, we are always here for you

Wishing all the fur babies peace and harmony
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Anais » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:41 pm

Would a honey or sugar jar be appropriate to use when bringing in a second canine pet into a household in order to bring about peace between them under the same roof? I have considered trying this using a strand of hair from each of them, combined with herbs for bringing harmony, peace, and happiness, which is normally used for people. Both dogs are female. One of them is a labrador mix and the other is a catahoula. I'll bet Aida has a good answer, but all responses are appreciated. Thanking all of you in advance!
Anais

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:46 pm

Hello, Anais,

You know, I've been sitting here staring at your post for about 5 minutes. Thinking how honey jars affects humans and trying to apply this rationale to dogs.

I think it's worth a try. But, I think you would get much faster response by putting their hairs an pictures in a Peaceful water jar

www.luckymojo.com/peacewater.html

You will have to immediately establish a hierarchy in which the one that you already have ALWAYS gets fed first, gets treats first, etc. And give love to the new one alone so that the other female doesn't see it.

Your behaviors and convictions to your behaviors will determine the ultimate outcome of your new household arrangement.

Wishing you the very best with this
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Kirin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:32 pm

Hello. I have a rescued dog who has some fear issues. He's a small mixed breed who is a fear barker/growler but not aggressive at all. Sometimes even when I am with him his flight instinct takes over and he tries to bolt away from me and whatever is frightening him. If I didn't have him on a leash he would run away in a panic and possibly get hit or lost. I would like to help him with his fears in general as well as bind him to me so even if he does get scared he will come to me to protect him instead of trying to bolt. Unfortunately he is easily scared by people and his first reaction is to back up barking and growling even at people he knows well like my landlord and coworkers. After he settles down he's happy and plays with them and allows them to pet him etc. Then the next day we have to start all over again like they are strangers.
Anyway I thought I could place a picture of us in a stand up frame with a petition either behind the picture or under a candle in front of it and pray to it on a regular basis to see if that helps. Does anyone else have any ideas? I've tried flower essences and aroma therapy, we did puppy classes 2 years ago and he learned to come then but won't when he's in these panic situations. I have also consulted an animal communicator who says he feels like he is a prey animal rather than a predator which makes him insecure possibly due to his small size. I am somewhat new to hoodoo so any suggestions or enhancements on what I wrote will be greatly appreciated. Mahalo
Kirin

Unread postby Sister Jean » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:14 pm

Hello Kirin,

I have merged your post to this subforum, since it's more on topic with what you're asking. As a friendly reminder, we ask that you don't start new posts.

Lucky Mojo makes a pet health and well-being mojo hand called "Jackie the Cat" that you can find here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html. Perhaps you could keep it near where your dog sleeps (but out of chewing reach) to help put him at ease and help him feel more secure. If the bag is small enough, maybe you could tie it onto his collar and conceal it underneath a bandana, but that's up to you and your dog's tolerance for stuff like that. One suggestion would be to add one of your hairs to the bag, so he always has a piece of you near him, and for you to carry a mojo bag with your dog's hair in it, so you two are always linked (kind of like pet/owner friendship bracelets!).

Other people posting in this thread have suggested petitioning St. Francis of Assisi, due to his affinity for animals. Set up a small altar for him and include a picture of your dog, and pray for your dog to overcome his fear and realize he has a safe home with you.

Also, scroll up through this thread and read the other posts—there are lots of ideas related to dogs.

It also may just take time :) Good luck!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org
Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Hello, Kirin,

In addition to Sister Jean's FANTASTIC advice, I'd like to add my two cents here (and it has nothing to do with magic)

You IMMEDIATELY take him away from the situations that are causing stress. When the barking stops, you then give him something that will comfort him (comfort treats). And you praise him in a soothing voice for not barking.

Both Miss cat and I are dog trainers. And I am sure that she will tell you the same thing.

Now, I will have to give myself a board warning for not keeping the topic on spell work!

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Kirin » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:16 pm

Thank you both very much for the advice. I was wanting to stay on the topic of spell work and was just trying to ask for any hoodoo advice which may strengthen our bond. I will happily try the mentioned suggestions.
I'd also like to ask how do I post in the forum without starting a new topic? This is my first posting since my introduction and I think I missed how to do it. I apologize for doing so, I'm an enthusiastic newbie. Mahalo!
Kirin

Unread postby Miss Aida » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:25 pm

Hello, Kirin,

You just did it!! LOL!

All you do is "post reply". We check all the threads.

To strengthen your bond, you can also give your dog some of your blood (NOT menstrual). I have 3 dogs. I always give them some of my blood if I cut myself. But, to start with, just poke your finger with a sterile needle or lancet and when you start bleeding, out that in his mouth

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Kirin » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Wow, that's great! I heard that on the root work radio show about working with animals and just started doing it last week. Thank you so much for the warm reception and suggestions. I didn't know you were both dog trainers as well. I met Sophie the shop dog several times when I lived in Notthern California. She was always so calm and well behaved. It would be great if my Jambi could be so well adjusted to meeting new people all of the time. I'll be getting him some new supplies on my next order.
Kirin

Unread postby heidiroseholton » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:06 am

A friend of mine is having trouble with his Australian Shepherd and asked me if there was any type of magical work he could do to get her to calm down. I have never tried root work on a pet, so I figured I would check here on the forum to see if anyone has any advice that I could pass along.

His dog is generally sweet and affectionate, but with certain people, she becomes aggressive - barking, growling, and snapping at them for no apparent reason. She remembers the people she doesn't like and becomes increasingly mean each time she sees them. These are nice, gentle people that my friend knows well - a male friend from college, his elderly aunt, etc. Not strangers, not people who are loud and scary. He has taken the dog to the vet, and has also consulted with several dog trainers and a behavioral specialist, but nothing seems to solve the problem. He told me about the situation as a sort of last resort - he doesn't want to have to get rid of his dog, but worries that the animal might become dangerous especially around children.

I was thinking that a spiritual bath might be a good place to start? Maybe in conjunction with a honey jar or doll baby? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
heidiroseholton

Unread postby Sister Jean » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:49 am

Hello heidiroseholton,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum. I merged your post with this thread because if you scroll up through it you will find LOTS of ideas for this very situation, from people who have dogs of their own. Enjoy!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org
Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby heidiroseholton » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:51 pm

Thanks, Sister Jean!
heidiroseholton

Previous

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Newsletter

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Pets and Wild Animals