Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades

mars84
Re: Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades

Unread post by mars84 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:40 am

I need to redo an influence skull spell and start some love work. Is there an amount of time one should wait to start spells after retrograde? Some astrologers say the influence of the retro is still strong the day it goes direct (like upcoming date of 9/5). And the advice varies from 2 days to 2 weeks after. Is there a shadow period to avoid with spells or can we start day of?

Thank you!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Hello, mars84,

That's a great astrological question and I don't know the answer (as I am not an astrologer)

BUT my personal rule of thumb is to wait 2 days of direct until I start performing spells.

My first spell will be Sept 7.

I haven't had any problems through the years

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

JAD82017

Unread post by JAD82017 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:51 am

I can't find the post I read about lighting a candle at certain times to draw something to you. I THINK it said from midnight-6am to draw to you & then 6pm-midnight to remove things but I'm not certain. Can someone confirm this for me?

If it is in fact midnight-6am then I have a follow up question.. I ordered skull candles from LM a couple months ago but never used them, I want to now though since I'll be seeing my target in a few short weeks. I read that skull candles should be done at night when the person is asleep because their defenses are down. My target doesn't go to sleep until 5:30/6 in the MORNING. Which is why I'm wondering about the spell timing. Is it okay to begin my skull at like 5:45 and let it run past 6 when I know that he will be asleep & I could better influence him.

I know you have to adapt to your situation and that there aren't any hard rules on how work "should" or "shouldn't" be done but I still like asking those of you that are more experienced.

Thank you.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:18 pm

Hello, JAD82017

That's because you're in the wrong subforum! LOL

Find your answers here:

spell-timing-time-of-day-or-night-clock ... 11842.html

And Miss cat gives detailed explanations of nothing being written in stone when it comes to timing

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

JAD82017

Unread post by JAD82017 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:00 pm

Miss Aida,

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry, I didn't even notice it was Eclipse & Retro... I saw Spell timing and just jumped lol. I'm so sorry. Thank you so much for your help!

Love_Muse

Unread post by Love_Muse » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:13 pm

Hello all,

I know we're still in retrograde through the 22nd I believe so I am NOT doing any spells or working like that during this time. I did want to ask about herb baths and oiling though. It may be a silly question but I am going to a mingling, networking event on Sunday and I wanted to take an Attraction bath and use some attraction oils also. Is that fine? I didn't know if attraction baths are okay since technically I am asking to "attract." Thanks for your help!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:19 am

Every Mercury retrograde is played out in different signs against a different backdrop of planets in motion -- and every Mercury retrograde affects different people differently, depending on their own natal horoscopes. Performing spells is not forbidden during periods of Mercury retrograde, but be careful to keep communication clear and understandable.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Love_Muse

Unread post by Love_Muse » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Thank you Miss Cat! I appreciate your response. I will be sure to pay attention to that while interacting with people! :-)

neonwaosy

Unread post by neonwaosy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:06 am

Hello all,
Please I have an eclipse bottle water that I left opened outside on the eclipse day. I don't know why I did but I believe it may aid in some ritual work but I just don't know if it's better for positive or negative work. I don't mind any ideas or suggestions.
Thank you all.
Neon

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Hello neonwaosy,

I learned from Miss Aida not to do spells during an eclipse, as she says in this post:

general-honey-sugar-sweet-jar-questions ... se#p376236

So I'm not sure that eclipse water would be good for anything magically, sorry!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

neonwaosy

Unread post by neonwaosy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Okay.. Thank you Sister Jean

mastersirius678

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:45 am

I wasn't sure where to post this but as my recent order was sachet powders, I'm posting it here.

Mercury Retrograde is coming, it will happen on July 25th and ends Aug 19th, we are also in the middle of Mars Retrograde.

My question is, what combination of sachet powders do you all think that can help with reversing the bad effects of Mercury Retrograde? I see you guys sells planet themed powders, so maybe Mercury+Clarity+Protection?

For those of you who are unfamilier with this, Mercury Retrograde is a 3 week period that Mercury will be seen in the sky as going backwards, astronomers can confirm this with a telescope but says that is it, but astrologers knows that the energy this brings feels very real. During this period, people go crazy, some might have violent thoughts, some might have memory loss, people also become more than happy to argue with you, electronics go haywire, and not a good time to sign any contracts, as well as theft. I have personally witnessed some effects, for example, if you all remember the Charlottesville violence in the news last year, that actually happened right during Mercury Station Retrograde. You guys can do a bit research on that. During this period, your computer, smartphone, internet, will be slow, and might crash. My computer crashed a few times during Mercury Retrograde even when it works fine during Mercury Direct days. I personally observed that this is also a period of time with bad weather.

However, this is not all bad, Mercury Retrograde also is a good time to slow down and finish existing plans and projects. You can use this time to reflect on your past, good time to unplug and go into the wild.

I have days that I wish Mercury wasn't retrograde, but this is something that happens naturally every couple of months, the only thing you can do is either embrace it and brace through it, or use some sort of magic protection to fend off its energy when you need it. If this can be done with sachet powders, I would have dust myself with the powder on a mercury retrograde day to feel like nothing had happened as long as I have the powder on me. Then clean myself when I don't need it anymore.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:03 pm

masterfu678 --

Yes, Mercury, Clarity, and Protection would be a nice combination. If you were Catholic, you might add Saint Expedite products, as he is the most Mercurial of the saints.

Thanks for attesting to your understanding of Mercury Retrograde -- my experiences have been similar. My all time favourite was when Mercury went stationary retrograde, my office manager, Susie said, "Hey, cat, can you explain Mercury Retrograde to me?" and i said, "Sure..." and right then, the office printer burst into flames. I kid you not -- THAT was classic.
catherine yronwode

mastersirius678

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:57 am

So this is where I post this kind of stuff huh, thank you for moving it. Still getting used to this forum.

Well, today is another station retrograde, and I have to go to work, I wonder what wonderful shitty things are going to happen.

I haven't gotten that kind of things yet. But from my own observations, everytime mercury rx happens, my work place is down. I do classified intelligence work and deals with military drones everyday, everytime when mercury went rx, on top of my coworkers going nuts, and computers (lots of them) getting problem, the drones will also experience either mechanical issues, electrical issues, or can't take off due to bad weather. It is good for us, as we get to go home early.

Also, not related to mercury rx, we are also in mars rx. When it was still in pre-shadow, I fell off my bicycle, slided against hard concrete with my left palm and right elbow, it cut both open and made me bled a lot. I also saw a lot of people accidentally cut themselves during this period, either trying to cut stuff, or sharpening the blade.

But yea, next time, I'm ordering those. Can't deal with the stuff it brings sometimes.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:40 am

masterfu678 --

So here is my news from the trenches:

Mercury went stationary retrograde today and our electrician, who is conducting a long-standing wiring upgrade to our property, showed up for work at 9:00 AM and said, "I'm cutting electricity to the barn today for four hours." No warning, just deal with it. Oh, joy.
catherine yronwode

mastersirius678

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:34 am

lol, and yea, remember when I said military drones not taking off due to bad weather? Yesterday it happened again, three of them not taking off due to extreme bad weather in the middle east. Like clockwork.

I also saw a news article on Foxnews.com about mercury retrograde. However, it is one of those naysayer articles telling you stuff from views of astronomers, I guess we do have to wait till 2023 for Pluto in Aquarius for people to fully grasp the true concept of astrology.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:54 am

masterfu678,

2023, eh? It's a hope!
catherine yronwode

peterwilliams623
HRCC Student

Unread post by peterwilliams623 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I've made a Money Drawing hand wash to be added to shampoos and soaps using LM's Money drawing Bath Crystals and bottled water (bottle water because it is so convenient of a container).

It's been sitting un-strained for three days on my alter and was planning to strain it for use today, but tomorrow is a full moon eclipse and I'd like to use the moon to strengthen my wash, but don't know about the effects of the eclipse. Would that add strength or would the eclipse take strength away from my wash since it is covering the full moon?

thanks.
Peter
Thank you St. Jude for prayers answered

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:32 pm

An eclipse is a good time to end something, but not to begin something.
catherine yronwode

peterwilliams623
HRCC Student

Unread post by peterwilliams623 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:35 pm

Thanks Cat.
Thank you St. Jude for prayers answered

mastersirius678

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:58 am

So I live in Virginia and we go a really bad storm today. Thunder and lighting and it was raining sideways. This never happened during normal mercury direct days, even if it rained, it only drizzles or light rains. Plus, majority of the East Coast in the south are placed on flash flood warning.

and people still thinks mercury retrograde doesn't do anything. well, it is also a lunar eclipse.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:48 am

Hello masterfu678,

Wow, I hope you and your family are OK!

mastersirius678

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Sister Jean:

Yea we are all ok, I think it was mostly the eclipse. Still raining like crazy even today. Lot of places are flooded through, but it is not too bad.

But we are a few days in with the mercury rx, I have a headache today and didn't feel like doing anything. I'm Gemini Sun and it is always like this during mercury rx.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:14 pm

Oh Merciful heavens.

I asked our Forum php contractor to NOT -- NOT! -- NOT!!!! run a particular script he wanted to run to resolve some inconsistencies in the way the forum handles thread-titling. I told him i would hand-groom every thread over the course of the next two to three months, to be sure they are right.

Today he ran the script anyway.

MERCURY RETROGRADE, I HATE YOU!

I only noticed how many thread titles he had inadvertently messed up after i had put in four hours of work, so reverting is a no-go, as it would lose me all that work. So now i have put in another four hours fixing the mess he so "helpfully" made. Even if i worked at it eight hours a day -- which i cannot take time to do -- it would take me two weeks. This was supposed to be a leisurely, spare-time, two-to-three month task. Now it is an avalanche of wrongness.

Sigh.
catherine yronwode

mastersirius678

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:18 pm

Well, it looks like mercury rx certainly messed this forum up in some way.

Only 18 more days to go, and then a few more days of mars rx after that. I'm planning to sign an apartment lease contract on the 19th, station direct day.

Dukebrooks2245

Unread post by Dukebrooks2245 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:50 pm

Is it ok to perform Blockbuster or road opener work for mercury retrograde or should I wait till mercury retrograde is over to do a blockbuster or road opener work ?

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:07 am

Hello Dukebrooks2245,

Miss Cat has this to say in an earlier post about doing spellwork during Mercury retrograde: "Performing spells is not forbidden during periods of Mercury retrograde, but be careful to keep communication clear and understandable."

Scroll up through this thread to find more helpful information.

Take care.

Dukebrooks2245

Unread post by Dukebrooks2245 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:32 am

Ok wonderful thanks Sister jean

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:45 am

Dukebrooks2245,

Some people plan the work around the moon, planets others do it when its needed. I would suggest that since its needed not to wait and do the work and repeat it after the mercury retrograde ends. Think of it this way, if you and a lover break up, or a perfect new job comes up, but its the wane moon, are you going to wait 2 weeks to start or are you going to jump on it asap? Most of us would do it asap.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:48 am

Good point, j82!

mastersirius678

Unread post by mastersirius678 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:10 pm

Today is the last day of Mars Rx, woohoo!!!!!!

So is there any plans to make products that specifically deals with planets retrogrades. I know I said before that combining a planet powder/oil with protection and clarity might help, but that requires me to buy an additional two products. If one of them runs out or out of stock, then the combo won't be complete.

The major retrogrades that affects people the most are the Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, and Venus retrograde.. But Mercury and Mars just might be the worst, the double retrograde of mercury and mars certainly made my last few weeks miserable and a struggle. I can't think clearly, and my actions always seems to upset somebody. My boss was on my ass just about everything, she was the one I consulted this forum about with the Boss Fix powder, but in the end, I decided it might just be the double retrograde. She wasn't usually like this. Did I mention the numerous times that somehow everything just goes wrong?

So glad that this is all over and I won't have to worry about Mars Rx for another two years. Venus rx is coming up, but that won't usually affect me.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:32 pm

masterful678,

Actually people tend to buy and use the product during a retrograde to help deal with the effects of it and to minimize them. Some will dress candles or burn a vigil candle during the time. LM tends to be well stocked and the product does go a long away. You can also purchase a seal with the planet on it and dress it with the oil and wear it during these times to assist.

Includes seals: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoojukeboxc ... olbox.html
seals: http://www.luckymojo.com/kingsolomonwisdom.html
more on seals: http://www.luckymojo.com/kingsolomonwisdom.html
Towards the end is the seals sold in a pack: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html

I agree with you Mercury effects me the most as well when it goes retrograde.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:49 pm

Here's a handy chart of the remaining retrogrades for the rest of the year 2018:

Mercury Retrograde November 17 2018 (Sagittarius) – December 7 2018 (Scorpio)
Venus Retrograde October 6 2018 (Scorpio) – November 16 2018 (Libra)
Mars Retrograde June 27 2018 (Aquarius) – August 27 2018 (Capricorn) <-- almost over!
Saturn Retrograde April 18 2018 (Capricorn) – September 6 2018 (Capricorn)
Uranus Retrograde August 7 2018 (Taurus) – January 7 2019 (Aries)
Neptune Retrograde June 19 2018 (Pisces) – November 25 2018 (Pisces)
Pluto Retrograde April 22 2018 (Capricorn) – October 1 2018 (Capricorn)
catherine yronwode

Cupcakes
Newly Registered

Unread post by Cupcakes » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:01 am

Help Please! Mercury Retrograde is coming and every time it does no matter what sign it's in I am severely affected. Like completely devastated (homelessness, car loss, large financial losses) and I have no idea why.

So it's coming again and I will not have the anything to recover from this one at all. I never recovered from the last one and my current car still has engine issues. What can I do to at least protect my car so I am not completely and totally homeless by the end of this one?

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:18 am

Hello Cupcakes,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum! We're happy to have you here :)

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had such rotten luck with Mercury retrogrades in the past. Have you ever talked to an astrologer about this? There could be something in your birth chart that is being particularly affected. Might be worth looking into with someone from AIRR (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org).

In the meantime, there is no reason why you can't turn things around for this upcoming Mercury retrograde. I'd suggest by first reading through this page:

http://www.luckymojo.com/mercuryretrogradeoil.html

Next, I would up your protection, making sure to dress objects like your front door, your car, your computer, and any other important possessions you own, with Fiery Wall of Protection oil:

http://www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html

Third, make sure you scroll up and read through the rest of this thread for more ideas. Good luck!

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”