• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:39 am

Mammals as Omens: Cat, Dog, Horse, Bat, Squirrel, Etc.

Re: Confused and scared.

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:46 pm

I second Miss Aida's advice.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Mammals as Omens: Cat, Dog, Horse, Bat, Squirrel, Etc.

Unread postby Anythingispossible » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:12 am

I should have read here first. I laid a trick (break up vinegar jar) in an abandoned cemetery. I returned to lay another trick and found the jar had been removed, and the wrappings had been shredded. The jar itself had shattered, which is why it had been disposed of and I had made a new one. I found the shredded wrappings around the trunk of a rotten tree where I have taken to laying bad work, and the broken jar was immersed in a nearby flooded pool of water a few feet away, it still had some contents in it. I assume it was a raccoon that dug it out, but can't know for sure as there were no tracks. My feelings were that this was a good sign, but now I'm wondering if it is a sign of opposition.

If I'm being opposed, it would be by my ex. She very loosely practices folk magic from part of her family, although she typically pretends she doesn't, and she is quite formidable when she wants to be.

Are raccoons messing with tricks, always seen as a sign of interference?

Thanks,

Lucky
Anythingispossible

Unread postby MissMichaele » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:21 am

LuckyMC, both the possibilities you suggest sound equally plausible -- which is why I say "Get a reading with a qualified, ethical psychic," if you are not able to do readings for yourself.

I would also find another place to dispose of bad work and failed spells.

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Anythingispossible » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Thanks Miss Michaele,

I'm thinking about doing that. Although I grew up in a house where my mom and grandmother did tarot readings every Sunday, and been doing readings since I was very young, sometimes the objectivity of a reader completely outside the situation can bring a great deal of clarity.

As I said, my initial feeling was that it was not just a good sign, but a great sign. Then seeing that it can mean someone is working against your work, and after the series of breaking jars (they all had completely rational reasons for breaking), I think getting a bit of advice as to how best work the situation is a good idea.

I'm quite fond of this particular cemetery and the spirits there, but the rotting stump, might just be too loose and easily dug up to provide security for buried work. There are plenty of other spots there that would be just as effective if not more so.

Lucky
Anythingispossible

Unread postby MissMichaele » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:28 pm

LuckyMC wrote:and after the series of breaking jars (they all had completely rational reasons for breaking)
Sometimes rational reasons are rational. And sometimes they're more like camouflage, especially when it *keeps* happening to your spellwork.

I'm quite fond of this particular cemetery and the spirits there, but the rotting stump, might just be too loose and easily dug up to provide security for buried work. There are plenty of other spots there that would be just as effective if not more so.

Good! I'm glad you don't have to abandon your favorite cemetery.

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Re: Brer Rabbit as hoodoo image

Unread postby MissMichaele » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:10 pm

Mama Micki wrote:Yes, it's under Collards. Collard seeds, calamus, and a rabbit foot in a "tasseled money-purse."

Wait. Br'er Rabbit carries a rabbit's foot...?

Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby nonie_grace126g » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:44 am

Behind Br'er Rabbit is Rabbit the Cherokee trickster ....... Somehow it seems so appropriate to Hoodoo that these two beings are a part of it's rich content.
nonie_grace126g

Unread postby Spookyredhead » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:55 am

I was scratching my head over the same thing Miss Michaele! :)
Thank you Blessed Mother for answering my prayers.
Spookyredhead

Unread postby MissMichaele » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:19 am

Spookyredhead wrote:I was scratching my head over the same thing Miss Michaele! :)

Well, come to think of it, in many stories about anthropomorphized animals, they act just like humans and in some scenes are scarcely recognizable as animals at all. Not just folktales, either, but even in modern tales like The Wind in the Willows.

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:17 am

If human beings carry mojo bags containing human finger bones, why can't a rabbit carry a mojo hand contains a rabbit foot?
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby MissMichaele » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:34 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:If human being carry mojo bags containing human finger bones, why can't a rabbit carry a mojo hand contains a rabbit foot?

Now, why didn't I think of that? It never occurred to me that a rabbit's foot would mean something different to an actual rabbit. :)

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Rabbits as Omens

Unread postby Honeydew0809 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Keep seeing these rabbits/bunnies keep taking this as a positive sign watching TV and flipped through channels and BAM! An entire island of bunnies! At the store with my sister and was on the phone and turned my head Bam bunnies caught me off guard. The signs just keep coming, and I keep giving thanks for them. Waiting for movement and completion I know it's coming I feel it.
Honeydew0809

Re:Rabbits as Omens

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:33 pm

Honeydew0809,

Rabbits are interesting signs -- see the Queen of Pentacles tarot card -- depending on what you are working for or toward.

If you want to discuss it further, tell us more.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Rabbits as Omens

Unread postby Honeydew0809 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:28 pm

It's love/reconcillation work. And my personal interpretation of the bunnies are a positive sign.

On our first camping trip, just the two of us, there was a bunny at our camp site both days in the exact same spot.

I've been seeing bunnies A LOT this week especially. They jump out at me I'm not looking for them. I had previously shared about seeing one on the side of the road in a densely populated area and upon reflection tonight I realized it was close to a restaurant we went to together early on in our relationship.
Honeydew0809

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:44 pm

You have been posting quite a lot about signs you have been seeing as yiu do spell work for reconciliation, but i have split the material about rabbits out into this thread because it is so specific to the topic of mammals as signs.

Rabbits are generally considered to be harbingers of good luck. Think of the lucky rabbit foot.

They are fast on their feet and bring messages and gifts (think of the Easter Bunny). They can symbolize spring, new beginnings, and fertility as well.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby JaredHenson » Tue May 24, 2016 10:05 pm

You can contact bat removal experts for this issue.
JaredHenson

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed May 25, 2016 11:54 am

JaredHenson, Bats are lucky to the Chinese and good for insect control everywhere. I have bats living in my attic. I like them!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Happyntd » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:35 am

Hi all,

This morning I was standing in the kitchen looking at my front yard and saw a buck step on to my lawn and sit down between two trees. I went and opened my front door looked at him and said thank you for coming by. Stay as long as you like. He stayed for 10 minutes or so. We do have lots of deer in this area, however this is the first time I have seen one sit on my lawn and stay for so long. I do have magic spell items deployed at one of the trees.

I would like to mention that I'm experiencing a bit of sadness this weekend. Nothing terrible, just working through some emotions. Also, yesterday I prepared a letter with Goofer dust that I will mail next week. After preparation, I sprayed the room with Buffalo Ammonia, sprayed myself with Florida Water, washed the counter top with Lucky Mojo Chinese Wash and anointed myself with Lucky Mojo Hyssop Oil reading the 51st psalm. I had intended to take a hyssop bath this morning with the Lucky Mojo Hyssop bath crystals, but a worker came over and I lost privacy. This stressed me out too.

I'm wondering if the deer has some meaning or message for me. Seeing him makes me feel hopeful, but I don't really know how to interpret this. I appreciate all feedback. Thank you.
Happyntd

Unread postby natstein » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:06 am

Hello Happyntd,

What a dear means will probably vary some from person to person. IF your fist reaction was to feel hopeful then I would take that to be it's meaning. For me dear represent gentleness and a quiet approach to things so if it felt like this was an omen I would say it would mean something to the effect that things will be quiet and simple for a while.

Peace~

Nathen
natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Happyntd » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:02 pm

Thank you Nathen. Quiet and simple works for me.
Happyntd

Black cat loves my front yard!

Unread postby AJxoxo » Sat May 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Just wanted to share something I find amusing. I've had to leave the house 3 times today and each time there has been a black cat in my yard. I'm assuming it's the same one. I went for a walk this morning and it was there when I left and came back too. I know about the black cat superstition, but I love them so it's nice that he's been hanging out here. I wonder why though :)
AJxoxo

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat May 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Usually the black cat is taken as a warning sign not to travel.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby AJxoxo » Sun May 28, 2017 7:22 am

Oh, interesting! I didn't know that. :? I suppose it's good that I have no immediate plans to travel then.
AJxoxo

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sun May 28, 2017 9:10 pm

LOL, AJxoxo !!!!
PROUD member of AIRR
Find me on the AIRR website
http://readersandrootworkers.org
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Chief keef » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:28 pm

Alright this just seemed strange to me. Earlier today I was sitting in my truck out front looking through the forum to get the best ideas for how I need to go about using my new spell kit I ordered from LM. It's about 27° outside I'm waiting on my mother to call so I can bring her this tv. When I go to pull out I notice a white and black cat come across my front porch. I think nothing of it except maybe I should put out some food for the cat. So I cokme back home maybe 9 hours later I start getting setup for my spells. I'm in the back room and I'm setting up for bend me over kit with 2 separate candles on there plates I carve them, do my petition paper dress them, add hair, fold them, dress candles, and finally roll them in poppy seeds. Light the bottoms and stick them to the plates and go clean myself up with ammonia and soap to start my light on my honey and reconciliation jars. After I do my ritual and light my candles on my jars. I again go to tje kitchen sink and clean up with ammonia and soap to not mix my oils because i still have to bath and do the ritual for the bend me over spell and light the other 2 candles in the back room. Someone chime in if I'm doing to much at one time on this woman. But she is very strong willed. Anyway when I turn around to grab a towel to dry my hands me and that same cat lock eyes. It's outside at my backdoor looking through the only spot where the cover isn't covering like a 6 inch gap. We just stare at each other and I get a feeling like it's watching me or something I'm not sure. So after us staring in each other's eyes for about a min I figured I would let the cat in the house. But when I went to approach the door it ran off. Now I'm not to fond of cats but my girlfriend I'm trying to work on has 2 cats. Could this be a sign that she will come around after this work or that she knows that I'm working on her. Some one chime in it just seems weird to me.but gotta go bathe up and start this grand finale. I also have to sneak in her yard tonight and sprinkle some ratchet powder. Fingers crossed hoping all goes well. :? :shock:
Chief keef

Unread postby Sister Jean » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Hello Chief keef,

The cat could be an omen, it's hard for me to say. But if you felt like it rang a spiritual bell for you, I'd say to take it as a sign.

Take care.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org
Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Chief keef » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:41 am

Thanks again Sister Jean. Everything went well with the spellwork. So the cat wasn't a bad sign. I am curious to know what it could mean. *shrugs*
Chief keef

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Hello, Chief keef

What colour is the cat?
PROUD member of AIRR
Find me on the AIRR website
http://readersandrootworkers.org
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Chief keef » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:00 am

Was black on top of white. More white than black. Miss Aida.
Chief keef

Unread postby Sister Jean » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Hello Chief keef,

We can't really tell you what this cat meant in this particular instance without giving you a reading, which isn't a service we provide on this forum. I'd recommend getting a quick reading at one of these sites to learn more:

http://hoodoopsychics.com/
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

Take care.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org
Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Previous

• Advertisement
Association of Independent Readers & Rootworkers

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Pets and Wild Animals