Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

High John The Conqueror Root Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
Moonlightdream
Forum Member

Re: High John The Conqueror Root Questions and Answers

Unread post by Moonlightdream » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:31 am

Should HJC be used alone as a root or can it be placed in a mojo together with other 'strong' roots like Queen Elizabeth, Angelica Root, Court Case root or perhaps a lodestone ?

RevJames
HRCC Student

Unread post by RevJames » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:53 am

Hey Moonlightdream,

It could be used as a pocket piece - by itself, or added to a mojo bag with other ingredients to add an energy of strength, courage, virility, or to gain the upper hand. It really depends on what your goal is :)
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148

Shutter
Forum Member

Re: General Herb and Root Magic Questions and Answers

Unread post by Shutter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:50 pm

Good afternoon!

I am planning on making some tiny 'snowglobes' with hidden herbs in the bottom cap area where I can also slide in a hidden petition. I wanted to know if I could use my LM angelica root (which is too big for the base in it's full size) and crush it then use the crushed pieces or if that would destroy the power of the herb. Sounds silly but I want to check. I'm hoping to make one for a person I'd like to have control over, one for personal power and another for luck at the moment. It'll be spring water mixed with LM bath salts for the water and perhaps a laminated picture of the person that I'm looking to have control over with their personal concerns and 5 spotted with whiskey (I'm nearly out of controlling oil I need to get some more in the mail) in the lamination with the photo on both sides like a packet. I'm going to add the last of my control oil (after I do one more thing unrelated) and put it in with the bath salt water and shake it all up when I need the container spell to work for me.

If anyone has suggestions or can give me insight about the angelica root I would GREATLY appreciate it. THANK YOU!
To all the saints and angels thanks for intercession upon my behalf
To all else listen to the mods!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Shutter --

You may snip, crush, or grind the Angelia root. Many people refer a whole root fr carrying, but there is always a place for chips, pieces, and powder.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Moonlightdream,

Hard, solid, largish roots, seeds, or nuts are sometimes carried alone as pocket pieces (other examples would include but not be limited to Nutmeg, Buckeye, and Queen Elizabeth Root) -- but it is more common to make a hand of such curios, compiling at least three items in the hand. Either way is traditional -- one is just more common.
catherine yronwode

Shutter
Forum Member

Unread post by Shutter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:37 pm

Thank you!!!
To all the saints and angels thanks for intercession upon my behalf
To all else listen to the mods!

endoftherainbow
Forum Member

Unread post by endoftherainbow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Currently reading Hoodoo Herb book and would like to understand more about red flannel. Is the use similar to a honey jar and that all ingredients are contained in the flannel, or is it a tradition? I am more than willing to get out my needle and thread! I appreciate all insight.

RevJames
HRCC Student

Unread post by RevJames » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:18 am

Endoftherainbow -

The book references red flannel a lot when it talks of making a mojo bag. It is a contained spell that your able to carry. I believe the answers your looking for can be found here - http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo.html or here mojo-bag-conjure-hand-toby-gri-gri-ques ... t9261.html

Mojo bags can be made in many colors, though quite often they are red.

Hope this helps!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:54 am

Hello Endoftherainbow,

RevJames is right is saying that modern mojo bags come in many colors, but red flannel is the most traditional color and material for mojo bags in hoodoo. You can make any type of mojo bag out of red flannel.

Take care.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

endoftherainbow
Forum Member

Unread post by endoftherainbow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:15 pm

Thank you RevJames and Sister Jean. I found the answers to my questions and more at
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo.html.
I look forward to being better acquainted with my sewing kit.

HidingInSight
Forum Member

Unread post by HidingInSight » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:20 am

Blessings!

I am new to working with my HJTC Root.

I feed it HJTC oil and love it dearly.

My ex girlfriend who is family to me and who I have been with for ten years before ending things romantically had a court case where she was being sued for a small amount of money. Either way, I had the urge to give her my root to put in her pocket.

Long story short, things went well and the man suing her, she said, fumbled over his words and was defeated in his demeanor and was weak willed to the point that she said she felt very sorry for him. She more or less won the case. She gave the root back and I re fed it HJTC oil and we thanked it and gave it great praise.

A couple days later I was heading back from the doctors office and I had two prescriptions to be filled. Something told me that I might have to pay out of pocket for one and I got worried. I had my Root in my pocket. And I started rubbing it. Coincidentally, the same ex girlfriend had ran in to pick up the prescription (my foot was injured) and she came back and said one of the prescriptions wasn't covered. I explained to my Root that I needed his help. I asked her to go back inside and ask which one was not covered. While she was inside I was either told to ask this or I got the idea to ask this of my Root. I asked for the outcome to be that it gets re ran through my insurance and it goes through.

A few minutes later my friend (ex girl) comes out and opens the car door and says she ran it through again and it went through the second time. She said the pharmacist was a little surprised because based on what it told her the first time she said the pharmacist had to research the cause but instead the computer just processed it free of charge via my insurance.

What happened isn't so strange. What was strange is how I felt compelled to specifically ask High John for that specific outcome and what I said in my head is what my ex said happened. That was what was to be grateful for. I could feel it.

I gave this situational story because it seems as if me giving her my Root to use and then having her return it to me may have been taboo. However, it didn't seem to be and I might feel compelled to argue that all things that happened were High John's wishes. He wanted to be put to these tasks for both of us at these different times. But, I am new to my HJTC Root and I am a bit curious as to people with experience's thoughts on the matter of whether or not what I did was taboo, or is it a "listen to the spirit of the Root and you're good" type of thing?

Blessings to us ALL and thank you for your time!

Ashe

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:06 am

Wow, HidingInSight -- That went really well.

The power of the High John the Conqueror Root is such that many people have reported luck and benefits as you have reported. Because such roots are thought and said to have spiritual essences, it is traditional to talk to them and work with them just as you described, and to listen to their end of the conversation as well.

Not every person and every root will have such a bonding, but when it happens, the worker -- and that would be you -- is always well pleased with the results.
catherine yronwode

HidingInSight
Forum Member

Unread post by HidingInSight » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:34 am

<3 <3 <3

So much Thanks!!

Ashe

Blessings.

:)

LA3700
Newly Registered

Unread post by LA3700 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Hi... yesterday I was doing a little candlework for strength and protection related to my psycho ex taking me to court... again.
I decided to burn some herbs too... for court case work, including Low John, Master Root, Angelica, Five Finger grass, Mugwort, bay leaf, a pinch of Hyssop and a little Coltfoot. I’m a little over zealous with ingredients, I know. I’m new to all of this. So anyway, I had read that Mugwort and Coltsfoot were good for enhancing insight and that some people smoke or drink Mugwort for this. So, it was a windy day... which created a lot of smoke off my charcoals in the little incense cauldron thing I have, and I did purposely breath a little and stood in the smoke.
About 30 min after that, I just didn’t feel right. My gait was unsteady, I got a headache, my vision reminded me a bit of my drinking day (although yrs sober) and I just felt like I looked high. My headache responds slightly to OTC medicine but I still have it today and still feel weird.
I just attributed it all to my lack of sleep the night before last, and all my stress and depression from my ex suing me and tormenting me.
I also had nausea yesterday, but I never got sick and it subsided. Luckily, no depressed respiration, threads heartbeat, dilated pupils, etc... so, if the Angelica was Hemlock, it was thankfully a sub-fatal amount.

Does anyone know how you may differentiate the dried root of Angelica vs Hemlock?

And for the record... the Angelica was purchased locally in Louisville, KY... NOT from Lucky Mojo!

Thanks!

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:05 pm

Hello LA3700,

Have you gone to the doctor yet? If not, please do so ASAP. I have no way of knowing whether what you burned was something unintended and what it was. Please seek medical attention!

LA3700
Newly Registered

Unread post by LA3700 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:33 pm

Hi Sister Jean,
No, I did not go, because it did not occur to me that it could be something like that, until I began researching.
I know the plant differences, prior to being dried but was thinking maybe someone had seen both roots dried and could give me something to look for- such as some differentiating characteristic.

According to my research, the root of the Hemlock is the highest concentration of poisonous alkaloids and these can remain active on the plant or root up to 3 years after harvest. The onset of symptoms, post exposure, is usually within 30min to an hour. If a child picks a flower from the Hemlock, that alone could expose them to a lethal dose!!
Death is caused by asphyxiation due to paralysis of the lung muscles, but the alkaloids are processed and excreted (I guess... or dissapate) within 3 days.
Also, one source said heat destroys the alkaloids but another source said do not burn, because it could release poisonous gas... luckily, if I was exposed to that- it was not a great enough amount to cause serious harm.
By the time I had read about all of this, it had already been 24 hours. So, any traces of alkaloids would have been lessening at that point. I felt crappy for 2 days, but the 2nd wasnt as bad as the 1st day.
And I am quite used to being over stressed and sleep deprived, so feeling a little “off” isn't far-fetched for me.... this was different though, in hindsight.

When I was googling to try and find info, i came across a European Occult shop that actually sold the seeds of this plant to grow for magical purposes. She said there was an old saying like “whosoever keeps a piece of this root in their house, shall not be touched by evil”, or something....

She said that poisonous plants evolved into poisonous plants in order to protect themselves, therefore it is suppose to be one of the strongest protective roots there is. Nonetheless, i dont want to touch it!!

Could you perhaps describe to me what true Angelica root looks like? Any particular type of scent? Is it totally brown?
Thank you for your response and concern!!

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:32 am

Hello LA3700,

I'm sorry but I am not familiar enough with hemlock to teach you all about it, especially since it's not a root that's used in hoodoo. You can read more about angelica at the link below, and then do your own research via herb websites to learn more:

http://www.luckymojo.com/angelica.html

Hope you feel better!

Moonlightdream
Forum Member

Unread post by Moonlightdream » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:08 am

Hi,
Could one mix different herbs and powders beforehand? I was thinking of mixing herbs and powders for specific spells in small containers so that I may easily and quickly arrange and set a candle spell when possible (it's not easy when there's always people around). For ex: Blessing mix herbs + healing powder and blessing powder etc for healing and blessing spells. Money mix herbs + money drawing powders, crown of success powders, fast luck powders etc for money and success spells. Is it ok to mix herbs and powders prehand like that in small containers? Thanks

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:33 pm

Moonlightdream --

Yes, it is okay to mix herbs before use. In fact, a good part of our business is in making such pre-made herb blends for workers. The blends are more economical than buying multiple herbs when you actually only need a smaller amount of the blend. These are all of our pre-mixed herbs (and yes, you can also add powders to them if you wish):

HEZ-MIX-BLES
Blessing Herbs Mixture
$4.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

HEZ-MIX-BLOC
Block Buster Herbs Mixture
$4.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

HEZ-MIX-LOV9-X
Love Herbs Mixture
$4.50

HEZ-MIX-MONE
Money Herbs and Spices Mixture
$4.50

HEZ-MIX-PEAC
Peaceful Home Herbs Mixture
$4.50

HEZ-MIX-PROT
Protection Herbs Mixture
$4.50

HEZ-MIX-07H1
7 Herb Spiritual Bath 1-Day Supply
$4.50

HEZ-MIX-09H1
9 Herb Spiritual Bath 1-Day Supply
$4.50

HEZ-MIX-1301
13 Herb Spiritual Bath 1-Day Supply
$4.50

HEZ-MIX-GAM1
Gambler's Gold Lucky 7 Hand Wash 1-Day Supply
$4.50

catherine yronwode

Moonlightdream
Forum Member

Unread post by Moonlightdream » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:41 am

Thanks Cat! I actually have all of the herb mixtures above lol

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:53 pm

Moonlightdream --

LOL! -- and thank you so much for being a loyal customer!
catherine yronwode

taciturnxlove
Forum Member

Unread post by taciturnxlove » Sun May 20, 2018 5:34 am

What is the best way to store the herbs? I have the Love Herbs mixture and currently waiting for some more herbs to arrive in the mail from LM. Are they safe to leave in the original plastic packaging (away from sunlight and heat) or should I get small jars to store them?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 20, 2018 8:37 am

taciturnxlove --

Air-tight glass in a closed cupboard is best storage method in my opinion.

For small-quantity herbs i wash out and re-use pleasantly-shaped food containers, but overall, i prefer pint-sized canning jars. I cut the printed labels off the plastic packages and use clear packing tape to "laminate" them to the jars. They fit quite well on the pint jars.

We have a free hand-out sheet on how to preserve herbs that you can request from the shop any time you order. It goes into great detail and will help you a lot.

We also have two other free herb hand-outs -- one on magical herb teas, and one on wildcrafting your own herbs. Just ask for them when you order. Eventually they will be incorporated into our next compilation bookm but for now they are loose sheets for our customers.
catherine yronwode

HidingInSight
Forum Member

Unread post by HidingInSight » Wed May 30, 2018 4:11 am

Hello,

I have a bunch of money drawing herbs roots etc and the Money Drawing Herb Blend from LM that I have bought to make a money drawing oil lamp soon. Since I have so much of the root chips/herbs/seeds/Irish moss etc I was thinking to take a small portion of each ingredient and including a small portion from the Money Drawing Blend and putting it in the food processor to blend it all down so I could use this portion to top off money drawing candles I would make. Is blending them in a blender or food processor sacrilegious?

Thank you!!

HidingInSight

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed May 30, 2018 7:58 pm

HidingInSight --

Mortar and pestle, coffee mill, electric coffee grinder, electric food grinder -- all are just fine. Since hoodoo is not a religion per se, there is nothing in it that is considered "sacrilegious" (a violation or profanation of anything held to be sacred or the stealing of anything consecrated to the service of God) -- except insofar as it violates the rules of your own religion.
catherine yronwode

HidingInSight
Forum Member

Unread post by HidingInSight » Wed May 30, 2018 11:45 pm

Thanks, Catherine. I figured using the word "sacrilegious" was the wrong way to put it. But it is good to get confirmation.

Thanks!! :)

HidingInSight

queenofspain
HRCC Student

Unread post by queenofspain » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:22 pm

Hello all. So new to this. I have made a weak-ish tea using hyssop. My question is this: before performing a spell of some gravity, does one brush the tea UPWARD to cover oneself in protection, or DOWNWARD for some other reason. And after the spell has been set and it's humming along (hopefully), does one brush up or down with the tea and why (for the correct direction.)

Rev Ernest
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rev Ernest » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:18 pm

queenofspain,

Hyssop is not for protection; it is for cleansing off sin. See Psalms 51, "Purge me with Hyssop, though my sins be scarlet, I shall be whiter than snow." You may also drink Hyssop.

Hyssop is different than Rue, which protects from evil, or Agrimony, which turns back evil.

I am unsure what you mean by "a spell of some gravity," as that could be anything from a healing for someone with a serious illness or a need to keep someone from jail to a revenge spell or even a death spell. So I will just speak plainly. If you were performing a spell of harm, you would not bathe with Hyssop before the spell work, only after, to remove your sin.

You bathe upward to draw in influences and downward to remove conditions. Much more about bathing can be found in Aura Laforest's handy book "Hoodoo Spiritual Baths."
Rev. Ernest, MISC Deacon -- Facebook Fridays! Sweepstakes Admin -- Online Catalogue Team at LMCCo

queenofspain
HRCC Student

Unread post by queenofspain » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:40 pm

Thanks so much, Ernie!

peterwilliams623
HRCC Student

Unread post by peterwilliams623 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:16 am

Hi everyone, Blessings to all.

I have a question that I can't find the answer to I have searched in "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" and also online. Online, I find conflicting answers.

While taking my dog outside this morning I had found a blue jay feather and was wondering what is it's Hoodoo properties and what is it generally used for. I have heard it said that the blue jay is a trickster and steals items that it finds interesting, I have also heard that it is strong in protection, also heard that it is the "blue bird of happiness" .

I have absoultly no idea how this curio should be used, can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks.
Peter
Thank you St. Jude for prayers answered

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:12 am

peterwilliams623

The Blue Jay was long regarded by Native Americans as a tricker, thief, and clever bird, highly protective of its territory. One early mention of its use in hoodoo comes to us from the folkloric collections of Mary Alicia Owen, a White woman who recounted the beliefs and practices of her family's former slaves in Missouri, who were of mixed African and Native decent.

See "Aunt Mymee's Tricker Bag for Disgrace or Death" in "The Art of Making Mojos," page 52.

In Black culture, the Jay is known for its loud shrieks and the Hawk is known for its bravery -- and in witness to this, we can see the name taken by the R'n'B singer Screamin' Jay Hawkins as a token. His classic song, "I Put a Spell On You" relates the Jay to hoodoo, firmly, decisively, and LOUDLY.

This will clarify matters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGPhpvqtOc

I am fairly sure that whoever called the tricky, screaming Jay "the blue bird of happiness" had confused the Jay with the Eastern Bluebird, a darling ball of fluff who nests quietly at the outskirts of farmland.
catherine yronwode

peterwilliams623
HRCC Student

Unread post by peterwilliams623 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:58 am

Thank you Cat for responding to my inquiry to the Blue Jay feather, I'm sorry it took so long for me to respond.
Peter.
Thank you St. Jude for prayers answered

neonwaosy
Forum Member

Unread post by neonwaosy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:38 am

Please I'm hoping someone can help me understand what's going on with me.

I had used/ carried the root with me through out last week. I noticed that I have become forceful, aggressive and angry at little things. The only thing I know that happened differently was carrying the root, which I did in hopes to conquer my supervisor.

As a woman, I've never experienced this kind of feeling before.

Please is this normal?

Thank you !!

Rev Ernest
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rev Ernest » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:56 pm

neonwaosy --

Yes, High John the Conqueror is a very strong, tough, "masculine" root. Women use it, but it may give them a little "testosterone edge."
Rev. Ernest, MISC Deacon -- Facebook Fridays! Sweepstakes Admin -- Online Catalogue Team at LMCCo

ScorpioKate
Forum Member

Unread post by ScorpioKate » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:30 pm

neonwaosy,
I'm a woman who uses John the Conqueror root and oil quite often and I agree with Ernie. It gives you an edge lol. So, if you're already a bit upset about something or feeling off balance, it might turn your feelings into irritability and anger. I actually use it to get "fired up" and to get things done, no matter what the cost. It's very helpful when I'm not trying to be sweet and I just, straight up, need the thing I'm striving for. I'm in the military and I had to fight like hell to achieve a high rank. I used the root to get to this position and also, now that I have authority over a platoon, I use it to help with commanding. I'm a very feminine woman and I'm very small and I'm usually pretty soft spoken and quiet so I needed that fire in order to get the job done. So that's my experience with it and how it works for me, a fellow female. One last thing, Mars is in retrograde which is not uncommon but there are an assortment of other astro things going on too, that might be affecting your mood more than other times. Maybe you could put it away for a bit and bring it out later to see if it helps you in a different situation. But those feelings make sense with this root.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:53 am

Hello ScorpioKate,

Thank you for sharing your experiences!

neonwaosy
Forum Member

Unread post by neonwaosy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Wow, thank you Ernie and scorpioKate...... I see, and I'm glad I got answers, which tells me I'm not crazy lol. The amount of energy, forcefulness I had was too much. I will have to learn how to channel that energy to work.

Thank you, I truly appreciate you guy.... Thanks again

QueenScorpio
Forum Member

Unread post by QueenScorpio » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:07 pm

Hello,
I have read this thread. It is awesome so much information! I am new to hoodoo and wanted to start off with the hjtc oil. I run an online business and am using the oil to attract success and wealth.

1. I anointed my laptop and check book. I also sprayed hjtc oil minimal water on my front door and entry way with it. Is that the correct thing to do?

2. As for a pendant can it be anything? Does it have to be specific? I do not really carry my wallet and most times do not have pockets, so will wearing the oil do?

3. Is it ok if I put my body spray or perfume over it as I have a couple that I alternate between?

4. What do I do with the chips once the bottle of oil is finish?

I do apologize for so.many questions. I am new to this! 😊

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:37 pm

1. Sure. That is fine.

2. Any pendant that has meaning to you. Wearing the hoil, especially as a hair dressing, is traditional.

3. Sure. You can blend them.

4. If you can get them out of the bottle, you can use them around the house or burn them with incense on charcoal, or bury them. Your choice.
catherine yronwode

QueenScorpio
Forum Member

Unread post by QueenScorpio » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:55 pm

Thank you catherineyronwode,

Use around the house? May you please elaborate?

When anointing my self/putting the oil on is there a specific way to do it? Do I meditate after on what I would like to attract?

When reading up on the oil it said I could place some on money and keep it in my wallet. Can it be a quarter (any change) or a written out check ( amount manifestation purpose) and put in my bra or does it have to be put in my wallet which is usually kept in my car or baby bag.

Than you again 😊

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:21 pm

QueenScorpio --

Using roots or herbs around the house can include putting them in the four corners of a room, placing them in a mojo with other items and a petition paper to hide under the bed, brewing a tea out of them to add to scrub water to wash the floor, and so forth.

No, not much "meditating in hoodoo. Generally you would say a prayer or recite a Psalm.

Oils go better on coins. For paper money, we prefer powders. You can oil a leather purse or a candle or doorknobs or your hair or your shoes. Read this page on oils for further suggestions:

http://luckymojo.com/oils.html
catherine yronwode

QueenScorpio
Forum Member

Unread post by QueenScorpio » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:18 pm

Good evening,

My oil is working awesome. I purchased a root and am using it for protection and wealth but it seems like it is not working the way I would like.

Did I anoint it wrong? I soaked it rubbed it in hjcr oil and said "high john bless this root provide it the power of protection and let it bring me wealth"

Did I do something wrong?

I use it as a pocket piece.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:25 am

QueenScorpio --

It sounds to me like you did right. Using a John the Conqueror root for luck is something many of us do.

It is not a notable wealth root, and luck is both more than -- and less than -- wealth. Usually, for money, you would put it in a bag with other money roots and herbs, like Blue Flag Root and Cinnamon chips.

If you carry it as a pocket piece and rub it, that is the way most of us have found it to be protective, empowering, and luck bringing.

Of course, magic is not guaranteed, but again, i don't think you have done anything wrong.
catherine yronwode

QueenScorpio
Forum Member

Unread post by QueenScorpio » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:58 am

Thank you. It has been working great as far as the protection. Will any satchel the color green work or does it need to be a certain material?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:10 am

Queen Scorpio,

The bag in which you carry roots or herbs need not be of any one colour or material. I suggest that you purchase my book "The Art of Making Mojos." At $9.00 it is a bargain and will give you the history and theory you need to make your own hands, plus more than 100 combinations for mojo hands that you can make yourself, and five pages of illustrations showing what actual mojos look like.

BOO-GRI-MOJO
The Art of Making Mojos, by cat yronwode

$9.00

catherine yronwode

katializzibeth710
Forum Member

Unread post by katializzibeth710 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Can High John the Conqueror stand getting wet? Or will he leave the root/die once it's been soaked in water? I'm only asking because my fiancee had one as a carryroot that was unfortunately put in the wash; we realized and fished John out after a few minutes but now I'm worried he won't be salvageable (there was a luck mojo in there, too, which is definitely dead so I'll have to make him a new one). I'd just like to know if I can still use the High John once he's dry, and if there is a particular drying process to avoid any mold, or if I will have to invest in new roots. I held him for a few minutes and there still seems to be a lot of energy in him (really heavy, lively, prickling feeling in the palm of the hand I held him in) but if John's not supposed to get wet I gotta know so he can be buried/properly and respectfully disposed of. Thanks for your time!

- Katia

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”