Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spiritual Fatigue Rootwork Burn-Out Taking a Break

kmew1315
Spiritual Fatigue Rootwork Burn-Out Taking a Break

Unread post by kmew1315 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:49 am

I've seen people posting about getting spiritual fatigue when doing too much spellcasting. Since I'm completely new to this any sort of spellcasting could easily wear me out, I suppose.

Since I've started doing some candle work and whatnot, I have gotten more exhausted. But at the same time, I also lead a busy life in the real world. I'm working full-time, going to school full-time (and it's finals time), it's the holidays and I always tend to get tired more in the cold weather in general, and now with the spellcasting, even if it's not spiritually wearing me out, it's still taking a little bit more time out of my day that could be spent sleeping or resting.

The fatigue does feel a bit different, but I don't know if that's just my imagination or not (since to be honest, I wouldn't mind if it was spiritual fatigue, because it would mean I really was expending some spiritual energy and it really has been going someplace). How do I tell the difference between spiritual fatigue and just plain fatigue?
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Spiritual Fatigue Rootwork Burn-Out Taking a Break

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:01 am

Well in your case it might be both. Personally, I get spiritually fatigued because I do not even want to think about lighting a candle, its almost like I get sick of the craft that I love so much. But I can tell when I spiritually fatigued because I can't concentrate, or I find myself falling asleep literally during spellcasting. I mean you live a busy life just like I do...I go to school also for my master's and just had to turn in a 30 page report. I really had to have some time management skills for the work. But I make the time to do spell work because I have at least ONE day out of the week where I do not do new spellwork if spell work at all. Sometimes I even have to take a break from the internet, this forum, and other spiritual websites because I can just get drained from helping others as much as I do. Its is okay to take a break. I mean if its something on going then it will be done, but I take time out to rest up and what not. In addition, I never do spellwork tired, or when i am sick. Its just I am not at my best. So really both kinds of fatigue are kind of interconnected. One can make you tired and so can the other.

This is why I recommend not throwing spell after spell because you are just operating at half capacity. In addition, do not do so many spell where your room looks like a fireplace. If you're a newbie, I would recommend working on one thing at a time, and definitely not more than 2. Its just you would be dividing your energy amongst TOO much. That kind of activity can make you get fatigued alone. MORE IS NOT MORE when it comes to hoodoo. You could light 50 candles in one night...and still the universe may so NO to your request. So sometimes doing one thing at a time...at your ultimate best, and with your full concentration (of course scratch the overthinking ;) ) then you will have more favorable results.

So If you find your yourself getting tired, then you might have to do your spell work over 3 days rather than 7 days. Will that effect the effectiveness of your spell....depends. I mean if you are doing a 7 day spell and you are literally exhausted all 7 days or half of the time of those 7 days then it might be better to cut to the minimum of 7 days. And then repeat the spell another week after that on the same day for another following three days.

But most spiritual exhaustion not only comes from our lifestyle, but from those over zealous and obsessed spellcasters that think if they do work for a month or more straight then they are bound to see results. I disagree with that because you are not letting it take its course...and allowing yourself to refuel up your energy. And that will only lead to frustration and yes...overthinking. Its just important to take a break.

I know what you are thinking "but Stars what if something happens or I start to lose ground on my target...or the situation gets worse while Im taking my break?" Well my answer to that is...is your work currently working? If the answer is no, then regardless if you take a break or not...its not going to effect anything. Sometimes things cant get worse than they already are. And sometimes we need to take a break just to relax and enjoy life. If you find yourself not wanting to do anything but spellwork then you really really need to take a step back. Or at least do some spellwork for yourself. Anywhoo hope that all made sense.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:08 am

It made sense. What makes me wonder though is that I'm really not doing a lot. As of now, it's just a honey jar (even though I am burning it every day and putting a lot of prayer into it). I guess I'll find out soon. My Christmas shopping is done, my classes are ALMOST over, so all I'll have is work and spellcasting. School doesn't start again for another month or so, so if I'm still exhausted, I'll know what it is.

And regarding your other question, between my honey jar and the root work I'm having done by someone, it's way too soon to tell if anything's working, so I can't give an answer to that.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:04 am

Well the questions were directed only towards you...but sort of rhetorical questions for you or other people here to ponder if they are ever feeling the same way. Sounds like you are just exhausted by other things...and I would recommend just taking a day or two to rest up, and not do any spell work. Then get back to it in a few days.

Also, you need to regularly cleanse yourself, and your space. Sometimes that plays a role as well. In addition, make sure you are protecting yourself. I would say those are the most important things to do.

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:08 am

Thank you. I think what I was trying to get at in the original post would be this - does it feel different? For example, if I go to the gym and lift a lot of weights, I feel fatigued, but it's a very different kind of fatigued than if I only get 4 hours of sleep.

Seren

Unread post by Seren » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:28 am

The way I see it, energy is energy and can be either lost or gained through physical, mental, emotional or spiritual activities. What you use, in whatever way must be restocked. If you walk into a room after an argument has occurred you can probably feel the tension/energy as it has been expelled by the individuals who were at conflict. Same as after exercising or spellwork, energy has been zapped. This needs to be refueled by good rest/sleep, nutritious food, plenty of water, things that feed our soul potentially entertainment, spending time in company of people we care for/trust and feel this reciprocated, spending time with nature, stretching ones mind, spiritual beliefs. Modern life can often provide stress and I find this has in the past, when feeling overwhelmed and not wholly in control at all, completely stolen my energy, motivation/ability to perform work. I am learning about the LM products and agree with starsinthesky7 that cleansing of oneself and environment are important.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:06 am

I agree cleansing first followed by protection. I can certainly understand spiritual fatigue. I find cleansing work more affective and less draining during the waning moon cycle and protection, success and love work more affective and less draining during the waxing moon...now understand this is just my personal findings. It may vary to the individual.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:49 pm

The drain of spellcasting manifests itself differently for different people. Some people feel drained mentally and emotionally, to the point where they can't pick up a spell book or light a candle. They simply are sick of their art because they've thrown their all into spellcasting and now need to rest. Other's feel it as a sort of physical exhaustion. This manifests itself in the need to sleep more, take naps, nutrition etc. If you start manifesting such signs then its time for a break.

You can regain your energy by doing simple things like lessening the amount of time spent on spellcasting, or sleeping until you wake up naturally. You may also take more involved measures like taking soothing baths, going for a quiet walk where you meditate on your surrounding, drinking in the serenity. The idea is that you need to refresh yourself physically, emotionally, and spiritually since all these vibrations are being depleted from your spellwork. Furthermore, regular life further drains people when they do magick, simply because as you go about your day you are using energy physically, emotionally to do your daily tasks.

Now, I find that augumenting your spellwork with things like daily meditation, mental exercises, along with certain strict lifestyles ensures that you constantly have energy and actually act like a conduit for the power rather then simply a powerhouse. Either way, take the time to relax, rest, and let yourself be restored. You've just ran a mile, take a breather. ;-)
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:45 am

OK, I have a semi-related question. I see people saying that it's often best to just "set it and forget it" (for lack of a better phrase). I know some people probably won't like that phrasing, but you know what I mean. When you obsess over a spell, you hurt it's effectiveness. That's really I think my biggest problem. The more time I spend here, the more faith I have in my work, but the "when" of everything causes me to get obsessive over everything. But at the same time, I don't want to completely distance myself because when I'm actually doing the spell work, I want to put everything I have into it. That's really my biggest problem, because I'm not really doing that much (at least I don't think I am), but in my mind, I'm doing way more than I need to on an almost 24/7 basis. So I guess I'm looking for some sort of practical suggestions for what I can do to help take my mind off of my work when I'm not working on it, but still keep it near and dear to me for when I am. I know the best suggestion is usually to find something else to do to occupy your mind, but oftentimes, even when I'm doing that, it's still in the back of my mind somewhere. If I could put everything I have into it when the candle's actually burning and then completely forget about it the rest of the day, I'd be in perfect shape, but that's easier said than done.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:55 am

Well there is no one way on how to set it and forget it. It takes time and practice,and eventually you will just get tired of wasting your time and money. But what I do is just get it off my mind by writing it down and burning the paper, or writing all my worries on a black candle and then dressing it with banishing oil or asafoetida or black peper.

You just need to learn what works for you, and actually try, and train yourself how to do this.

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:24 pm

I hope I'm not reading too much into things, but I had a good sign today. Yesterday, when I was burning a candle on my honey jar, I spoke to the candle as if it was my target and told her that I'm no longer the one obsessing, she is. I'm not doing the pursuing anymore, she is. And then today... I don't want to say too much, but she did something that was really backwards from the way it usually happens. It's not really something I would consider a movement or an answer to the prayer (especially since it was still on my mind today although maybe not quite as much) since it was minor, but I'm thinking it could be a sign. I'm HOPING it's a sign, at least.

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:28 am

Hello all,
I've been working on a particular situation for several months, and think it may be time for me to take a break to allow the work to manifest.

When doing this, what should I do with my jar spells (both honey and vinegar), a doll baby, and mojo bag?
I had been burning candles several times a week on the jars, working with the doll baby on a daily basis, and kept the mojo bag on my person. Should I pack them away or work them with less frequency? If anyone else has done this (taking a break, that is), do you usually do it for a set period of time, e.g. moon cycle, or do you wait until some type of manifestation or sign occurs?

Thank you.

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:43 am

My opinion is that honey/vinegar jar spells, dollies, and to a lesser extent, mojo hands are intended to be interacted with as long as you are doing the work. There are other, different spells that are deployed and work mostly on their own. If you stop working with these spell items, the work stops (or at least slows a good deal). Disposing of the remains would be the same as if the work were done, so I don't know how you would differentiate between the two magically (http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html). One possibility might be to extend the work by making up a packet and deploying it in a way that is appropriate to the spell type, but I can't recall having heard or read of that being done before. I hope I'm making sense; maybe someone who has paused in a job will chime in, but I haven't for the reasons above.
HRCC Student #1339

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:07 am

Well not necessary take a break but released the energy by disposal helps a lot in my opinion. There is a period of time discussed here on the forum where workers may take a break during the dark of the moon (a three day period) which occurs each month with the next phase in April.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:15 pm

When you start feeling the drain of spellwork in your every day life, it's time to take a rest, cleanse yourself and allow your energy to restore itself. The honey jar can stay out on your altar; I keep my honey jar on my marriage altar and may only work with it a few days out of the month, so I know it's fine to go right back to it when you're ready. The mojo, you can continue to wear on your person -- it will add to your personal power, not detract, so don't put it away. If you do put it away, store it in some protected place, tell it what you're doing and why and don't forget to keep up with feeding the hand on a regular basis.

The vinegar jar must be handled a little differently. If you are going to keep it around, you'll want to wrap it in a brown paper bag and store it away in a dark place. If you can keep it out of the main part of the house, all the better. Vinegar jars have chaotic energy that won't meld well with your goal of refreshing yourself.

You can also store your dolly away safely and go back to work at a later date, but it could hinder your progress. If it is a dolly for a love situation, wrap it in an article of your clothing and keep it in your dresser. You can also make the dolly a nice box home, pleasingly decorated and kept in a safe location. Again, tell the dolly you're resting and that you'll soon be back. If you know it is going to be a long time, or you worry that your absence could negate the progress you've made thus far, you can call the spirit out of the dolly and then re-baptise it later when you're ready to work again.

Good luck with your work,

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Take time to take baths, relax, and spend some time on yourself. This is the best way to let go of your anxiety and doubt so that you can let the work do its job.

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:33 am

I have been working on the situation DAILY over the last few months to the point that it's always on my mind. It's hard to let the energy go when I'm lighting candles on my various jars 5x a week (Tues & Sat for vinegar jar; M,W,F for honey jars), praying over my vigil candles daily, talking with the doll baby before I go to sleep...

I want to put away my curios until I regain my energy. Seeing them just serves as reminders, and I believe I need to take a break to let the energy hit its mark. What's the term, set it and forget it? Just wanted to know if or how other practitioners took a break.

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:04 am

Personally, I don't let myself get into that situation to begin with. If working daily with so many different conjures is a drain, then you know that you're overextended and can't keep up witht hat amount of work. Candles, a honey jar, a vinegar jar and a doll baby daily for months is a LOT of work. Congratulations. You've found your limit.

I'd scale back. Do you really need all this conjure? For one situation? Do you need to work it every day?

The honey jar can probably cope with being three days a week. The candle work can be done in combination with the honey jar, or you can get MISC to set lights on your behalf while you recharge. A figural candle, if you like candle work, may be more effective than working both candles and a doll baby.

When I want to work a situation, I look at what's needed, and I try to put into place one work. One. If that is possible. For example, I was in a financial crisis, the agency that controls my financial aid were screwing up and doing bad things with my paperwork, the staff were unhelpful, and I had no money to speak of. Now, I could have done a pay me now spell, a domination spell to get the staff to do what I wanted, I could have petitioned St Expedite for aid, I could have done a money drawing work. Instead, I made a honey jar for that agency. I sweetened them to my cause, but I also added some compelling elements to the jar so that they would want to go out of their way to help me. Then I burned green candles on the jar. Did it work? You bet. It didn't take away any of my energy, either.

As the saying goes; try smarter, not harder.

GoldenFlow7

Unread post by GoldenFlow7 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:03 am

Hi Flamethrower,

I am so happy to see your post because I feel like I am dealing with somewhat the same thing. I too was dealing with a situation where I actually was having someone work on my behalf, because I was not comfortable with Conjure as yet little did I realise that I was already doing it :) I got frustrated and wanted to give up on my target (doing a love work) he would come back, then leave and I know in my heart we are to be together so I have tried to walk away but it did not feel right. I decided I was frsutrated with my worker and my mom told me about candle majic and I decided to try it on him and then I stumbled on the Lucky Mojo site and decided to try one last time and did a reading with Miss Cat, she told me that "I have the gift to practice Magic." and the reading was good any ways that was it for me, I dug in and trusted the gift which has been leading me all this time and I used what I could before my order came and he returned to me on the day my order arrived. Things were going great then after a few weeks we had a blew up I realise now what the issue was and have decided to correct the situation. I did a reading and was told to give it a last shot and to put my all in it. However, I am tired and feel I want to put away my stuff and stop working, however, that feeling is still there of not giving up. So what I have done is take baths and find fun things to do to revive you, exercise, try laughing a lot, soak up some sun/moon light and drink ginger tea, sleep and most of all meditate and pray! I find usually I bounce back quicker and stronger. Only you know whats best for you and yousr situation. Time lost cannot be regained. Doing those times of feeling tired be still and listen closely is it your flesh telling you to quit because you are not seeing the results or is it your Spirit? I serve and believe in God not sure of your belief so whatever you belive in remember Spirit speaks softly. My spirit speaks loudly only when it wants me to wake up at certain times of the night to pray :)
Sorry for the lenghty post but I hope this helps

Blessings on you!

GoldenFlow7
Thank you God, Holy Spirit, St Martha, St Expedite, Guardian Angel, Archangels, Ancestors, and Oshun

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:31 am

flamethrower wrote:I have been working on the situation DAILY over the last few months to the point that it's always on my mind. It's hard to let the energy go when I'm lighting candles on my various jars 5x a week (Tues & Sat for vinegar jar; M,W,F for honey jars), praying over my vigil candles daily, talking with the doll baby before I go to sleep...

I want to put away my curios until I regain my energy. Seeing them just serves as reminders, and I believe I need to take a break to let the energy hit its mark. What's the term, set it and forget it? Just wanted to know if or how other practitioners took a break.
Sometimes taking a break is absolutely necessary. You can work it in a couple of ways. You can get a reading and try to determine if the spell work you have done is simply not working or if it is taking time to manifest. The answer may be NO or the work may just need some time. If the answer is NO I would do cut and clear and then cleanse to move on. If the answer is--its going to take some time or the jury is still out then I prefer changing my focus as opposed to putting everything all together away--so if you have been working on love drawing for 6 months without results I would put away the love drawing items and replace them with items that focus on another area of my life I would like to improve upon (like money or success). Take a series of cleansing baths, and clean your altar space as well--you might want to clean your entire living space. If you have honey jars or bottle spells that you do not want to dispose of yet, but also need to let go "dormant" you can put them in the freezer. I have a couple of honey jars that I work every year during a certain season, once the season is over they go in the freezer and are ready to use the following year--they consistently work great for me. I would follow the cleansing regimen with some work meant to increase your energy and personal power--since you are feeling drained--I like John the Conqueror root formulas for this. Healing, Cut and Clear, and KS wisdom would also be good to use. Remember certain types of magic work for some people--you may not have immediate success with your current project but you may have a real gift for another type of work.
good luck!
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:57 pm

Bri wrote:[
If you have honey jars or bottle spells that you do not want to dispose of yet, but also need to let go "dormant" you can put them in the freezer. I have a couple of honey jars that I work every year during a certain season, once the season is over they go in the freezer and are ready to use the following year--they consistently work great for me.
good luck!
Bri
I don't want to misinterpret your words. My concern is that I may have been putting too much energy into something instead of "setting it and forgetting it". Wouldn't putting my jars in the freezer HALT or slow down the manifestation? Any time I've used the freezer in rootwork, it is to stop/freeze an influence.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Obsessively working a spell when you see no signs, no movement, and no results is not the way one is supposed to do this work.

1) Accept that not all spell-work is successful in all cases all the time.

2) If you have any doubts about the possibility of success, start with a reading, and ask specific questions of your reader. I do not mean a fly-by-night "psychic" who "guarantees results," either. I mean a real reader and root doctor.

3) With or without the reader, sit down and set yourself a time limit for the work -- and stick to that time frame. Don't try to fool yourself into adding another month, and then another.

4) Never, never, never put yourself into an open-ended spell-working situation.

5) If your case does not prevail within the time-frame you set, thank the world of spirit and dispose of the work.

You can read more about this -- LOTS MORE -- at the page i wrote on Reconciliation spells (it's there because those spells are the ones most likely to become obsessive to the practititoner). The URL is

http://luckymojo.com/reconciliation.html

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:47 pm

Miss Cat,
Thanks for your input. I am using the services of an AIRR member, and am still within the time frame I had set for this situation.

However, I'm dealing with family issues, and my stress level is running high and sapping my energy. I'm having a hard time focusing and being positive, which is why I wanted to take a break from most spellwork except for protection and cleansing. Yes, rootwork is work, but it's difficult to focus and pray when family members are screaming at eachother in the next room.

I'm ok with putting my prosperity work on hold since my mojo needs to fed only once a week. I was more concerned about my jar spells and doll baby since these are considered long-term and/or slow-acting spells. Will the energy I've put into my work lose strength if I put these curios aside until I get other pressing issues resolved?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:00 am

I understand. Slowing down the doll-baby is fine -- just wrap it up and place it in an appropriate place (depending on the condition for which you are working). The jars can be set in a hidden area (a closet shelf, for instance), and they will wait for your renewed attention. The mojo must be fed to keep it working. I would check in with the dolls at least once a month, too, and once a week if you can afford the time.
catherine yronwode

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:23 am

This is an interesting thread, and is very applicable to everyone at some point.

I agree with all the previous posters. And at some point in your rootwork regarding a specific situation...its is almost necessary to take a break. I remember when I first started doing this stuff, and I was doing break up work/revenge work at the time. Looking back on that experience, I was doing spell after spell every single week for at least 5 months straight. I dont know what I was thinking at the time. Perhaps I was a little naive because I believed if I was not burning a candle then I wasn't "hitting" them. It wasnt until I went to an occult shop that the owner told me its like "flicking the lights on and off constantly" Its hard to let the light bulb give its energy if you are just sitting there flicking it on an off. I never got that analogy, and until one day, I literally became so frustrated I wanted NOTHING to do with magic. I felt like I was not seeing results, and at that point I felt like a fool and no longer believed this stuff was real. On top of that, I was just soo unhappy trying to bring someone back to me, and break him up from someone else. I was SOOOO obsessed with the work I truly stopped enjoying life. All my conversations with my friends who also did magic were able my situation. I was constantly checking facebook myspace whatever it was. Until I had enough, and I realized I forgot to stop LIVING. Once I started to enjoy life again, and I literally stopped doing magic for a month (boy was it hard sometimes) EVERYTHING and I do mean EVERYTHING i did HIT, and hit hard. I had been doing so many spells I dont even remember what I did, and while I can go back and laugh at it because I remember doing even one little candle... had an impact.

Humans believe somethings by visually seeing it or touching, but sometimes you cannot see what the heck is going on but things are happening. Now this is where a reading can either hurt you if you get TOO many of them in such a short amount of time because you are kinda watching the pot boil. Or thinking but my reader said this was going to happen, but they are doing the complete opposite. Sometimes things are just not always what they seem. On the other hand readings can be GREAT because they can let you know if you are on the money, if you give your spellwork enough time to manifest

Point is...do not stop living. I understand some situations are dire, but not breaking up a couple or getting someone back is not the end of the world. Most of the time things will happen in your favor, but you must give things TIME. It is necessary, and this is where a break can help. I think getting some vigil lights set at the Missionary Church is such an excellent idea. But I think taking a break is necessary at least once a month, or after you have done a major spellwork or a series of spells. I understand that many of you want keep the marathon going or doing spell after spell, but it is not going to help you to be operating at 40% of your energy. If I am feeling exhausted or I am terribly sick, I just take a least one day to recharge, and do bath or something along those lines. Otherwise, I just find myself getting so tired of rootwork to the point where I cant even think about a mojo bag or a candle. So thats why breaks are our friends :)

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:32 am

I am not sure if there is an optimal time you can truly concentrate. This is why I do my stuff at night not only because most target's defenses are down, but because that is when I feel like it is easy to concentrate, and the street noise is even to minimum. Perhaps you can set things up for your spellwork, take a nap, and then start things up. Allow your self to concentrate as long as you can even if it is just for 10 minutes. Depending on the work you are doing, stress cannot be helpful along with feeling angry if you are doing love work, and so forth. You have to be in the "mood" or the state of mind when doing spellwork. So I think you are doing the right thing in taking a break from what you are doing so you can recharge and focus again.

As for the energy being lost while you take a break, I believe that taking breaks can help you...so the energy can be released. As long as you have been putting your full energy and focus into what you are doing, then it will not lose its strength. I feel like your spellwork would lose its strength if you continued on operating this way in such stressful conditions. But like someone mentioned you can always get a candle lit by the Missionary Church, or your rootworker you are working with. But you will be fine...take that break it will help more than you think.

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:45 am

As usual, starsinthesky7 you have provided excellent advice!!! I think everyone in a dire situation goes through what you have precisely described. I myself a few weeks ago didn't even want to hear the word hoodoo or candle. I had almost started feeling like the universe was mocking me...That's when i decided it was the time for a break...

GoldenFlow7

Unread post by GoldenFlow7 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:52 am

Thank you too Starsinthesky7, pouring out and revealing has brought light to my eyes especially since I am new at Hoodoo. Its good to know that these moments may happen and what to do about them.

Thank you!
GoldenFlow
Thank you God, Holy Spirit, St Martha, St Expedite, Guardian Angel, Archangels, Ancestors, and Oshun

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:08 am

To all, esp. Starsinthesky7, thank you very much for your advice. I took a few days off, but it looks like I have other things that must be addressed. THEN I'LL TAKE MY BREAK! :)

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:44 am

LOL you sound like me. Well make sure you make a deadline then otherwise you will just keep putting it off.

yesitsme

Unread post by yesitsme » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:58 pm

hmmm....reading this made me realize that may be i am not doing things the right way.
I have three honey jars going i burn a candle on them mon,wed and firdays, after I light them do i have to pray or say something to the honey jar if so what am i supposed to say?
I have money drwing, love drawing and box fix honeyjars.
also i usually light them at about 2am and as i dont get much time to sleep as such i go to bed, fall asleep 5 to 10 min after i light the candles. is that ok to do this?
many a times i have noticed that i wake up right before the candle burn off completely, watch it and sleep again does this mean anything?
i have noticed a lot a of change in my boss after i started the honey jar and the candles i burn on this jar mostly drip some wax on the lid, the one for love drawing i have not seen any wax at all so far which is a good sign but no signs from my ex i am confused...........
Thanks a lot

CuriousKate

Unread post by CuriousKate » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:50 pm

I used to write all the time as a form of entertainment and creativity. My imagination would just run wild with fantastical visual images and I would just write down whatever I saw. My imagination would just lead me throughout the story. Now it seems that all of my creativity has just shut off. I no longer get those visual images. I no longer have the urge to write and I no longer enjoy it. Are there any spells that can help me with this? Is there anyway that I can get my creativity, my imagination and the joy that I used to feel back? I'm honestly willing to do just about anything.

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:39 am

You might want to start with doing or getting a reading asking; "what is the main reason why my visual images has stopped?", "Should I do work to open it back up or is there anything else that would be more beneficial to me?". If you get a go you ask "what can I do to turn the images back on and get that creativity going again?".

In ways of Lucky Mojo products you may consider "Uncrossing" and "Psychic Vision".
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

CuriousKate

Unread post by CuriousKate » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:42 am

Actually I'm scared to look. I don't want to know if I'll never be able to write again. Writing is one of my favorite past times and I'd be just crushed if that was taken away from me. Is there any surefire way that I can get it back?

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:18 am

I must have missunderstood you. I thought you said you had already lost it.
Now you say you will not look for the key because you are scared that you will never be able to open the door?
Nothing is surefire except the fact that you will never be able to open the door without a key.

Speaking of that perhaps "Master Key Products" (http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-master-key.html)is the way to go for you? They are used for occult mastery and spiritual insight.
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

CuriousKate

Unread post by CuriousKate » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:50 am

Well first of all I don't know anyone to give me this reading or where to get it from. My mother has a tarot deck, but I for one honestly don't know how to use it. She, herself, only uses it for emergencies and well finding the path to rediscover creativity might not count as an emergency to her...

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:27 pm

Well, tell her that it is very important to you.
Or you can get one from one of the readers in AIRR - http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... ootworkers or you can call 1-888-4-HOODOO and talk directly to anyone of the AIRR readers on the shift.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:24 am

Crown of Success is excellent for writers too. It stimulates creativity rather well and can help channel that into eloquent writing.

CuriousKate

Unread post by CuriousKate » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:08 pm

Thank you. Also would a mojo bag help? I mean I've been researching it and there seems to be a lot of herbs and stones that help with imagination, creativity, writing, etc. Also how does one make a mojo bag?

Faith14

Unread post by Faith14 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:54 am

Okay due to alot of stuff going on in my life I feel depleted/burnt out. I think ive given myself so much in my magical work, and in real life ive lost my power.

Im a female, and not only do I practice magick but im a holistic therapist as well.

How do I regain my power, strength, rejevinate my soul my energy?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:28 am

Hi Faith14,

As a holistic therapist, it's easy to heal others but harder to make time and take the effort to fill the wellspring within. There are many ways to approach the situation but it is a complex one and you may want to consult a clinical herbalist as well as a medical doctor a priori to make sure there aren't physical issues that need to be addressed.

Magically, restrain your work to one or two fields of affect or on-going workings and stick to that. Working for your personal prosperity and well-being would be the best choices. Taking Spiritual baths is a great way to help focus within and ressource yourself. A day of 13-herb bath followed by a nine day course of 9-herb bath would be one way to do this. A series of baths in an equal part combination of Tranquility, Healing and King Solomon Wisdom bath crystals is another. You might also want to keep a John the Conqueror root or Ginseng root oiled with Nature oil as a pocket piece to keep on you. Alternatively, there are some great hands of power for women you can put together using the information in the following forum thread: suggestions-for-personal-mastery,-will- ... 6ebcc615ab

Next, you'll want to address things in the physical world as well. Getting regular massage, doing yoga, meditation, gardening and hiking in the woods are all ways to re-fill your energy depending on which one is best suited to your needs and personality. A regularly taken blend of adaptogenic/nervine/nootropic herbs can also usually make a difference within about a month. The herbs best suited to your specific personality, symptom set and needs can be evaluated by an herbalist of your choice. Finally, if a medical doctor evaluated that there are physical problems which need to be addressed, make sure that you undertake the lifestyle changes and or treatments best suited to your situation.

Many Blessings and Success in your Recovery.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Faith14

Unread post by Faith14 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:38 am

part of it is ive been diagnosed with lyme so been battling that as well. but spiritually, emotionally, magickally ive lost it. feeling very burnt out.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Have you considered posting a prayer request with the Crystal Silence League? It's a great way to get lots of people praying for you and sending you positive energy during this tough time. You can contact them here: http://www.crystalsilenceleague.org/

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:45 pm

Faith14 wrote:part of it is ive been diagnosed with lyme so been battling that as well. but spiritually, emotionally, magickally ive lost it. feeling very burnt out.
Lyme is such a difficult illness to deal with because it does attack you on so many levels. Hopefully you are working with a medical professional to help you through the Lyme's. I have a dear friend who struggles with this disease to. I am sending you healing prayers.

As far as burnout goes, aura gave you some great magical advice and I would add one thing. As a healer and magic worker it is important that you make sure to take proper precautions when you finished with your workings. What I mean is after a healing make sure that you wash your hands and energetically release yourself from your client. When you are finished working magic, do whatever process you need to do to release yourself from the working. Messy magic and energy working can lead you to feeling burnt out too.

Best of luck!
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Shutter
HRCC Student

Unread post by Shutter » Fri May 05, 2017 9:15 am

I don't know where to start or to put this so I'm going to put it here. I was 100% dedicated to working conjure and had been working on different aspect of my life and relationships that I am in with other people. It seemed that absolutely nothing was working I had reading with that said that it would and it's been over three months now that things I started have not come to pass so I'm really disheartened and have taken a break for the past month now I would like to pick things back up that I am in less of a depressive slump but I feel like I've lost the confidence and belief in root work does anyone have experiences like that in which they can share how they regained there confidence and begin to work successful magic again?
To all the saints and angels thanks for intercession upon my behalf
To all else listen to the mods!

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sat May 06, 2017 10:19 am

Hello Shutter,

I merged your post with this thread about spiritual fatigue and taking breaks from spellwork. In the future, please try to find the most relevant thread for your question and post it there. Thank you!

Onto the topic at hand though. I'm very sorry you're feeling this way. I've been there, my friend, and it is hard and crushing. However, if you read through this thread from the top, you'll find lots of people who have dealt with the same thing.

You should also check out this thread about having negative thoughts about spellwork:

over-thinking-ocd-negative-thoughts-whi ... 21617.html

I think taking a break is a wise choice, and I hope you don't beat yourself up for doing that. Once you're feeling better, if you aren't getting the results you want with your work, you could always try another tack. If you're just using sachet powders, step it up with candle work. If you're doing candle work, back it up with spiritual bathing. Just don't give up!

Take care yourself.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

SpellsnSuch

Unread post by SpellsnSuch » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:36 am

Hi all! I’m new to hoodoo (just started less than two months ago) and sometimes when I cast my spells I feel pretty drained afterwards, like tired for the rest of the evening. When I wake up I’m perfectly fine and rejuvenated. Is that normal? Does anyone else feel like that?

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:02 am

Hello SpellsnSuch,

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum. If you would like to, you're welcome to introduce yourself under the introductions thread.

If you read up through this thread, you'll find lots of stories from people who have experienced the same thing you're describing.

Take care.

P.S. I see that you're new to the forum, but you should know that posting new topics is against forum rules. Next time you have a question, please find the thread that best fits with what you're asking (you can use the search box at the top right of the screen), and post your question at the end of it by clicking "post reply." Thanks!

SpellsnSuch

Unread post by SpellsnSuch » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:55 pm

Sorry about that! I also have gotten a little carried away today and started posting/asking everywhere lol. I am sorry. Just excited to be practicing hoodoo and to talk to people about their experiences. Thank you for understanding!

Mags_and_the_Moon

Unread post by Mags_and_the_Moon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:08 am

I think I'm at this place right now considering I am getting to the point where I feel drained of my energy, and I'm not looking forward to working spells as I was a month or so ago.

I'm not sure if I've had a change of heart or if my anxiety over whether or not my rootwork is working is the cause, or if it's a combination of both. Anxiety in and of itself can be draining, and it's certainly not conducive to successful rootwork.

With that said, most of my work lately has been on a guy; one whom I want to leave his other interest and be solely with me. We have been friends for a long time, had a long sexual relationship, and have deep feelings for each other, but things have felt different lately. He is more passive where I am not, and that has frequently been an issue between us over the years, and I know I cannot change his personality. Yet, there is still an undeniable chemistry between us and those deep feelings for one another are still there.

I work Monday through Friday though which definitely adds to feeling drained, and over the past couple of months, I have worked certain spells everyday. Right now, it feels exhausting to even shake a vinegar jar every evening or prepare a candle for a honey jar on the specified days.

Is there possibly another way to work these spells so that if I'm not working a jar everyday, the jars do not lose their effects? Also, if I were to leave the jars be for a few weeks (or any other rootwork, for that matter), would that make them ineffective when I start working them again? Lastly, I had a reading on the LM Rootwork Hour radio show in February of this year regarding this guy; is it too soon to get another reading?

As always, any help and advice would be much appreciated. :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:03 am

Hello, Mags --

One of the most common causes of "spell burn-out" that i have witnessed in my 50-plus years as a professional reader and rootworker is that folks enter into the work with no time limit and no plan B.

Always set a time limit and accept that failure may be your outcome. Every race has its finish line, and you hope to win, but you might not. But there *is* a finish line.

Always have a Plan B, either for a second or third form of spell (another race, so to speak), or to drop the request (stop racing, so to speak).

Good luck!
I hope this helps.
catherine yronwode

Mags_and_the_Moon

Unread post by Mags_and_the_Moon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:33 am

Thank you, Miss Cat.

I remember you and ConjureMan Ali reminding me on the radio show that it is important to set a time limit, especially for Tauruses, because we can be so stubborn and unwavering. I think in the love department, I got hit extra hard because my Venus is also in Taurus, and my Ascendant is in Scorpio, obviously putting my Descendant in Taurus as well.

My target's attitude towards me has been different lately, and I'm not sure if it's because my work is not working or if it could be other influences such as Mercury Retrograde, plus with him being a Virgo, he is obviously ruled by Mercury. I've also considered that it could be job-related considering he works as a tax consultant and it is the beginning of April.

I think by the time the Sun enters Gemini, I need to decide whether to try a Plan B or to stop racing altogether.

MrsBrown

Unread post by MrsBrown » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:22 pm

I have a question. I woke up this morning overwhelmed and emotional. I am not like that normally. I buckle down and do whatever I have to do. Always have. Something even happened with my target yesterday and I went to bed happy. A few days ago I took the advice in my signature and said to hell with the signs, I'll wait for the success. But all day today I was a WRECK. I did what I HAD to do today, but nothing more. I literally thought about throwing everything out, but I know vinegar jars have to be buried in graveyards. I was ready to just forget it all, no matter how much I love him.

I am thinking about taking a week off from the honey and vinegar jars and just do my prayers/candles to St Martha and St Helen. I honestly don't think I can handle anything else. All my candles, candle reports and readings say they're breaking up and he's coming home to me. I see/hear his name at least 2 times a day. Both St Martha and St Helen quickly agreed to work with me (in fact St Martha reached out to me first). I also received a very good candle report back this morning, but waking up like that was horrible.

Does anyone have any advice from when you get overwhelmed this way? I've been lighting candles with VanVan for the past few days as well as smudging. I need to do a 13 Herb bath I know, but I have never had this happen before. Ever.

Thank you to all who take the time to read and answer.
"I'm not doing work for 'signs,' I'm doing work for success." ScorpioKate

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:52 am

MrsBrown,

Cat mentioned above to set a time limit, which is important. Otherwise you can find yourself in this pattern.

When I get overwhelmed I step back for a day or two and get my mind straight. Can't have negative views while doing the work. Also you are seeing signs which means to keep going. The reports are good meaning keep going.

I think part of your issue is frustration, you are seeing signs, some movement and great reports but not seeing the manifestation that you want an expect. Old saying, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater!

Take a spiritual bath, light a candle dressed with blessing oil or another positive oil for yourself and pray 23 Psalms asking for peace of mind and guidance.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:25 am

Great suggestions, j82.

MrsBrown

Unread post by MrsBrown » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:09 pm

j82, I have marked the time limit. I have a while to go for that though according to my readings (which also say to keep working). I am preparing the 13 Herb Bath going as I type this.

Yes, I guess it's wearing me out that I am not seeing anything but the signs are literally running me down. It's frustrating to say the least. But I do understand it (even if I don't like it). I did get a literal message about detachment today. So I am working on it.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:38 pm

Mrs.Brown,

I understand the feeling about signs. But lets be glad you are getting them because many others are working and hoping for them and havent received a sign. I did work not too long ago and no matter where I went, text or did the same name came up everytime, to the point where I was fusterated because I get the signs which are not always easy to determine the meaning, and it was like taunting me, it come up so much Id say up watch the waiters name is so and so , id be right. Get focused then start thanking God and those spirits that help you , and now ask for movement, that you got the signs.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

MrsBrown

Unread post by MrsBrown » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:36 pm

You are very right, j82. I did a 13 herb Bath yesterday. I also did talk to all spirits and saints who have been assisting me and gave my sincere thanks. I also asked for movement.

ScorpioKate

Unread post by ScorpioKate » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:36 pm

Hi MrsBrown!
I know what it's like to wake up and feel completely different one day. Or to just feel horrible energy out of nowhere. It happens to me somewhat often, though, because I'm intuitive and I'm generally open and receiving energy as it is, so I sometimes get hit with a stray bullet so to speak, if I left my guard down too long. It usually happens when I'm stressed out before going to bed. Bad energy will find it's way in and I'll wake up feeling "different" and like nothing I'm doing is going to work out, when I wake up. Just complete discouragement. It's happened often enough that I realized the cause was that I wasn't layering on the protection during times of stress. But before I realized that, I would literally undo my work and spend the day with a case of the "F***-its" and just stomp around making threats to God, and not being productive. Eventually the muck would clear and I'd feel foolish lol. But now I just cut to the chase and throw a bunch of Van-van around until I feel like I can come back and try starting my day again. It really does help. The 13 herb bath has a similar effect. Just clearing out the crap so you can see things as they truly are, instead of with a dark veil cast over everything.

Another thing that I stand by personally, is that when this happens, I often do still end up taking a break from the work for a bit. I don't want to put any of my discouragement into what I'm doing. I'd rather have a break from the process than to work backwards. I also do my best to have faith that what I've already done has made a difference and that God has already heard me. I'm not speaking on behalf of God but my personal opinion is that he doesn't want me to feel like garbage as a result of, or during prayer/spell work. Same with my ancestors that I work with and all the plant allies and everyone who I'm seeking help from. It's happened before when I got burned out, where I went and did some work that made me feel good instead of work for the goal, and the goal came in while I was jamming out to Patti LaBelle in the bathtub lol. So as far as from my personal experiences, I would say keep working if you've been advised to, but be mindful of how "you" are doing. The work you've done up until now is still out there and doing it's job. Even if you stop your progress, you can visualize all that energy and all those prayers still flowing out there. And then you can come back and add more to it in a day or two when you're feeling motivated again.

But either way, protection is really important to keep the crap out in the future. You're opening yourself up psychically when you're doing work of any kind which is usually a good thing, but when we get stressed or tired, we're just more vulnerable. And for me, the protection part is as simple as annointing my forehead with Fiery Wall of Protection oil and saying Psalm 23 with conviction. I also like to use Tibetan Ghost Purging Incense but that's just because I'm the type of practitioner that needs to regularly purge disincarnate entities from my house anyway.. Your experience may vary lol.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:09 am

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, ScorpioKate!

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”