Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Dying, Death, The Dead, Graveyard, Ancestors, Mediumship

Miss Aida
Re: Dying, Death, The Dead, Graveyard, Ancestors, Mediumship

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:48 pm

Hello, always2nice23,

I am so very sorry. You poor thing. You must be going through a living hell.

Well, I don't know who told you this and then left you to figure out what to do yourself. That's not right.

It would be nice if you could go back there with friends or relatives and see if anything happens.

Now, there's many things that you can do. But it would be nice to know for sure that what you were told is the truth.

Many times (but not all the time) people that have died suddenly and unexpectedly become ghosts (not Spirits) and are afraid to cross over or refuse to. Did he pass away in your apartment? Were you having unusual activities there after he passed away? These are just a few questions (of many) that I am wondering.

Nevertheless, you ought to get a reading on this. Then, if this is true, have a game plan with your reader on what to do.

Find them here:

http://readersandrootworkers.org

OR

www.hoodoopsychics.com

I pray that you find emotional peace. I pray that you find happiness

take care

frankwhite123

Unread post by frankwhite123 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:59 pm

Is there a way that I can communicate with a relative through a physic or someone of that nature? Like can I get answers from a rootworker about my dead relatives?

Some questions that I have is were two of their deaths caused by rootwork. I live near the graves of the relatives that I want to communicate with and I also have pictures of them. I have personal belongings of one of them.

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:25 am

Hello, frankwhite123 ,

Please go to this AIRR webpage and see who does this:

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... d_Dreaming

Take care

Eric1974

Unread post by Eric1974 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:00 pm

how to venerate a multi-ethnic ancestry?

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Hello, Eric1974 ,

It's not necessary.

It doesn't matter what nationality one is, they would still appreciate candles, fresh water, candles, etc.

But, you could put little things on the altar to represent them if you wish.

For instance, I found out that I have Jewish in me, so I now also have a small Star of David on my altar (along with my Catholic, Greek Orthodox, and Santeria items)

Wishing you the best

take care

amber

Unread post by amber » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:55 pm

Hello, can anyone tell me what and how I can use my fathers cremated ashes, in spell work (hoodoo) but he did commit suicide. Thanks Amber

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:13 pm

Hello, Amber,

It's similar to graveyard dirt

www.luckymojo.com/graveyarddirt.html

Take care

amber

Unread post by amber » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:19 pm

Hello again , someone said I can only use it for bad work. Does that mean he can't protect me or my home ? I did read over info on the link , but he OD. So not sure how to use his, a bit confused. Thanks so much Amber

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:03 pm

Hello, amber ,

You may want to consider getting a reading on this as there's no way to determine (on the forum) how he may feel abut this

Take a look at the mediums on the AIRR webpage:

http://readersandrootworkers.org

Take care

amber

Unread post by amber » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:45 pm

Hello, ok thank you blessings Amber

3creams2sugars

Unread post by 3creams2sugars » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:17 pm

I need help.

4 years ago the love of my life commited suicide, just after our twin girls were born.

Ever since that day I've placed the pain in the back of my heart and head. My girls are now 4 years old and they're asking about him more and more, causing unwanted feelings and pain. I know my decision on having our twins pushed him over the edge (amongst other things). So I live with the guilt and anger and sadness.

What can I do to gain peace? I want to forgive him, I want him not to hate me.

I went to a card reader and she told me he hated me and offered to cleanse me for 3k (I didn't go through with it of course).

Any spells, home cleanings...I'm willingly to do anything. I want to feel at peace

Madam Sol

Unread post by Madam Sol » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:11 am

I am so sorry to hear of your situation. I am trying to be unbiased or judgmental about you being asked to spend $3k for a cleanse. I hope you can find promising help here. If you are willing please reach out to one of the many readers and rootwokers on AIRR; this is the name of the website. We also offer candle ministries and lucky mojo curio products for use at home.
Many Blessings and Rey's of light for you and your girls.

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:43 am

Hello, 3creams2sugars ,

I am so very sorry about the suicide. That MUST be so painful. So very painful.

Madam Sol is a very respectful, gracious and knowledgeable moderator. A classy lady. And she is right. But, I have to add my two-cents here:

It is INFURIATING that some Horrible, God-Awful piece of shit, less than a human monster would tell you CRAP and try to take advantage of the situation. What this person told you about him hating you and all the rest is pure, unadulterated BULLSHIT. This is a Black Gypsy Scam at it' best.

Please read this page:

http://www.luckymojo.com/blackgypsies.html

My suggestion to you is to take the twins to a professional counselor so that all of you can discuss this in a rational way without causing any pain or fear to them. Also, maybe to help you to get through any guilt that you have.

I would also consider reporting this "reader" to the police.

Wishing you the very very best. And praying for your peace of mind and comfort

Seeking Freedom

Unread post by Seeking Freedom » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:24 pm

Hey all,

This is a long winded story but I feel I have to provide enough info to make my question clear.

By happenstance I found a cemetery I LOVE a long time ago. Seriously, for being a cemetery it gives me such a good feeling. The spirits of the place always seem to accept me and I always leave in a good mood.

The cemetery has a strong history in my community. At one point generations ago, it was where the non-whites, the criminals, the atheists etc were buried... the unwanted or outcasts of society at that time. I didn't know this when I found it, I liked the cemetery so much I researched its history.

There are also brick structures on the premises that have a unique history too. The bricks are very old and came from a part of town that was destroyed in a rather important historical moment. They picked up the bricks that survived the violence and built little structures with them on this site.

So, I'm there today just to visit and say prayers and thanks for help in the past, leave some offerings etc. The place was littered with garbage because no one really maintains it well so I'm doing trash duty. I check one of the brick structures to make sure no trash is laying around it either. Well, what I find is a triangle shaped piece of brick laying at my feet and almost calling out to me. It broke off from one of the corner bricks which is why it's triangle shaped. The ground was soggy and muddy from floods we've had the past few days but this brick was clean and dry as a whistle, so it had to have literally just broke off. It really spoke to me and seemed like a sign so I asked permission to take it. I walked around with it in my hand while I continued my trash duty, just to see if I got a sign telling me to put it back or something. Normally I see crows and blackbirds there but this time I had white doves and pigeons flying low and getting my attention... long story short the spirit of the place just seemed to be telling me it was a gift or they wanted me to have it.

I'm not worried about having it in my home for that reason. But, I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do with it. I don't want to do the wrong thing. I thought about leaving it on my altar, but... it's from a cemetery and has quite a history attached to it, is it too strong to leave on my altar? I always ask St Cyprian to be with me in the cemetery (I love St Cyprian) so maybe I should leave it out for him? Do I put it somewhere dark and quiet so it can "rest" as if in a cemetery? Do I need to anoint it with Lucky Mojo oil and if so which one? Or do I leave it as is? Can it be worked for particular spells or do I just let it be a token of appreciation from the cemetery?

I've certainly received other items in such a fashion but I knew what to do with those! Normally my spirit/intuition helps me decide but I'm not sure this time. Any input appreciated!

ETA: I called the Lucky Mojo Radio Hour back in Feb and Conjureman Ali, Co Meadows and especially Miss Cat gave me excellent ideas on handling very troublesome family members but without hurting them. The work was to be done in a graveyard and this was the graveyard I used. My family is fine and healthy and leaving me alone :)

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Hello, Seeking Freedom,

Now, this is just my opinion and many may disagree with me. But, this is what I would do:

I would bring it home BUT keep it outside of your home. Do not bring it in the house.

Put it on an altar outside and see what happens. See if your luck changes from good to bad. In other words, feel it out. Do this for a couple of months

If your luck goes down the drain, then you know it was not a gift and take it back.

If your luck doesn't change or gets better, then brig it inside but just close to your door and seal the area with Fiery Wall of Protection (in the event that there's something attached to it).

www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html

I just don't trust malevolent spirits because they will trick the hell out of us...

Take care

Seeking Freedom

Unread post by Seeking Freedom » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Miss Aida,

I hadn't even considered that perhaps I was being tricked. It seemed like such a good sign at the time, it was only after I got home that I wasn't clear on it. I read your post this morning and throughout the day my doubts about it have been increasing. I did a yes/no single card reading for myself and got the 3 of Swords... so back to the graveyard it goes! It's not worth any risk.

I had already brought it in my home before reading your post. It is outside now and I put Fiery Wall Of Protection over the area I had it in and I put the oil in the shape of a cross. Is there a certain protocol to follow when *returning* something from a graveyard? Or do I just return it, leave an offering and get out? I do like the graveyard and have never had a bad experience from being there, so I don't want to risk offending or angering the spirits there.

Big thank you for pointing out that it may have been a trick, I never would have guessed if you hadn't said something!

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Hello, Seeking Freedom,

Just put it back. The offering is up to you

I would also clean your house with Chinese Wash and follow it up with Tibetan Ghost purging incense.

www.luckymojo.com/chinesewash.html

www.luckymojo.com/tibetanghostpurgingincense.html

Take care

Asturias

Unread post by Asturias » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:31 pm

hello! i have a few questions on ancestor veneration, if i may.

my maternal grandmother just passed away recently. i was wondering. is it customary, in hoodoo, to wait a while to add a deceased family member to an ancestor altar or one may add them right away?

other than that. i have a wax poppet containing her hair. i prepared it when she was still hospitalized and bathed it often, to give her some comfort during her terminal state. should i dispose of it or could i use it as a manner of ancestor doll?

furthermore. how do you comfort someone who just died, from a hoodoo spiritual practice perspective? willow water came to mind. i was thinking maybe libations poured near to the grave, but not candles just yet. or maybe willow water offered in a glass in my ancestor altar, if it is a valid option to invite her to my altar right way.

well, c'est la vie.

please let me know -

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:28 am

Hello asturias,

Yes, I think you could keep the doll you made of her on your altar. For the rest of your questions, I recommend scrolling up and reading this entire thread; you'll find a lot of helpful information.

Take care.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

LuckyJupiter88

Unread post by LuckyJupiter88 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:39 am

Hello all!
I feel strongly pulled to do ancestor work. It has been a long road as I was adopted but I finally made contact with biological family members in the last couple years and through research have finally begun to discover who my ancestors were and one in particular that I would like to work with. I have also begun working with St. Cyprian in regards to ancestor work and strengthening my personal practices overall. I love working with Tarot but am better reading for others than myself. I apologize if someone has posted something similar and I missed it but I would really love any advise for reaching out to ancestors especially for someone who doesn't have a strong familial connection and how to form a connection. Just any advisement from methods, success stories, I will take what I can get! I loved a story Miss Cat told on the radio hour recently about crying tears into graveyard dirt to bring a connection! I wondered about conditions of the tears...I hope its not a foolish question but I rarely ever cry...do I need to wait for an authentic tearful situation to arise?

Thanks to you all for the work you do on the forum!
Student #2128

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:44 am

Hi LuckyJupiter88,

Wow, I am so happy to hear you were able to connect with your biological family after such an extensive search! Good for you, and I hope the experience will continue to be a positive one for you and your family.

As for working with your ancestors, please read through this thread as there is a lot of advice on how to connect with ancestors for your work. You could also get a reading to see if there is any particular ancestor who is coming through as most willing to work with you. It could help you focus on someone in particular. You can find good readers here:
www.hoodoopsychics.com
www.readersandrootworkers.org/

Meanwhile, if you are not given to crying, you don't need to perform that particular ritual. However, I often find that when I am in a graveyard and connecting with a particular spirit (family or otherwise), I am easily moved emotionally. It could happen for you as well. Just a thought. It's worth trying then you can decide if it's worth pursuing again.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC #1909G

LuckyJupiter88

Unread post by LuckyJupiter88 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:10 am

Thank you Miss Athena!

I think visiting the family graveyard may help me connect! I have never been as I just discovered it exist and it is 6 hours away but I think a trip would be well worth it to help me on this path.

I am hoping to get a reading soon and have read through the whole thread just always hungry for more! I am just a bit tight on the budget atm but I will get there! My jack ball has actually been leading me on this ancestor path and I think visiting the graveyard is essential now that you've said that! Meanwhile I am over here trying fruitlessly for success in front of my alter. Completely ignoring the obvious. I think sometimes we just need a push here and there!

Best
Student #2128

BrujeriaMasFina

Unread post by BrujeriaMasFina » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:19 pm

A lot going on here...

I am out of town for work and received a very strange call from my husband (who is aware of my Hoodoo practicing, but he himself doesn’t practice). This is a longer than normal trip for me, so yesterday I casually asked him if he would burn palo santo sticks to cleanse the house while I am gone, just to keep the energy at home on the up & up while I’m gone. I asked him NOT to use sage because my teen son has a pretty strong aversion to the scent.

Apparently last night, he burned palo around the house exactly as he had seen me do it (he also said he went around the house asking to “uncross” it) then went upstairs to take a bath. He said that in the bathroom, he lit one of my “normal” candles (read: unfixed decoration candles from our bedroom) lit a bundle of sage in a bowl and took a bath by candle light. He said he relaxed, and began praying for good things to happen in his life and for legal problems with his ex-wife to be balanced & fair. He said he sat in the tub, eyes closed, focused and relaxing for about 30 min.

When he opened his eyes, he said that he noticed that the Sage was burning very low and was almost burnt out with no more smoke coming out of it, and the candle was very still. Then suddenly the sage lit up like a hot cherry and the candle started a VERY high flicker. Then he looked up into the corner of the room and noticed a large shadowy figure, with a smaller figure next to it. He said he thought he was seeing things and looked around the room to make sense of the shadows but they were their own entities. He said they felt familiar, made him feel loved and safe and happy. He believes that they were ancestors. He said he went to bed and had such a peaceful sleep with a beautiful dream.

He says that this isn’t the first time he has seen these particular figures in our home and never told me.
And when he was telling me all this over the phone tonight, they came back into the bedroom and were there around him while we were talking. I asked ALOT of questions because I needed to make sure they were not evil. He said he felt love & warmth “wrap around” his heart. He told me to hold on while he listened to them, they said we (he and I) need to “go all the way up to the top” and they “made him see” a mountain like area that looked like Half Dome in Yosemite (he has a childhood and family connection to this place).

A few nights before I left, we both put on LM Psychic Vision oil on our temples before bed as we both dream a lot, it’s how I receive my messages from ancestors. I had a feeling that he is really receptive to Spirit as well, but it never showed through until now and it’s coming through FULL FORCE.

I think he’s a little scared of it, but he insists that these figures are nothing but love and happiness. We are going to get him a reading with my AIRR reader next week because we would like to know exactly what all this is.

Can we attribute this to the effect of the LM Psychic Vision oil opening him up to a gift?
And also: since I normally light a white candle after smudging the house to fill the void with positive energy (and he did not) I worry that maybe some random energies were attracted and maybe stayed? I am not there to assess the situation, and likely overthinking it, because if he says they were loving I believe him. Just don’t know if spirits can fake being nice or portray themselves as ancestors when they are not.

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:30 pm

Hello BrujeriaMasFina,

Wow! I think this could be attributed to the Psychic Vision oil, but I'm glad you're getting a reading on it so you can learn more.

Take care.

ThedaBara

Unread post by ThedaBara » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:21 am

I would appreciate some input on a part of my practice, particularly from Black rootworkers.

At the point in my prayers where I thank my ancestors, I have also been thanking the creators of hoodoo, as in the slaves and the generations of free but struggling Black Americans who knitted together so many kinds of magic and ritual to build the incredible tradition we work in today.

I'm well-versed in U.S. Black history and the decades of shameful crimes committed against these folks, right up to the present day. I have great empathy for their suffering, and a deep respect for their ingenuity in reclaiming stolen or destroyed culture. And while this certainly doesn't apply to the regulars on this board, I have noticed a disappointing trend in which the origins of rootwork aren't really acknowledged that I find quite disrespectful. I don't ask them for things; I just don't like to leave them out.

But is it okay for me to do this, or is it presumptuous for some white girl to be bothering them for any reason?

(Edit to add: I do back up my principles with work in the mundane world as well. I donate to charities, make a point to buy designs by Black artists, protest racially-motivated shootings, etc.)

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:37 am

Hello ThedaBara,

I'm not black, but I think it's great that you want to remember and honor the origins and originators of hoodoo. Perhaps a black moderator or forum member could weigh in here?

LookWhatYouveDone333

Thinking of Conjuring my Gangster Grandfather's Spirit

Unread post by LookWhatYouveDone333 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:57 am

My grandfather was in the mob. He was involved in a number of criminal activities. He loved money. He had tons of material items and stolen goods that he would let his kids pick from including my mother. He died young and I never got to meet him. Over the years, I have heard a lot of stories, some good and some bad, others unknown. I had a FOIA FBI report requested and they had two cases but said they were destroyed. My mother she says the fictional character Tony Soprano reminds her of him whenever she watches the show.

His death was suspicious. That's a whole nother story I am not getting into.

I also spoke to a medium once and the lady started saying how my grandfather was a bad guy and everything. I never even told her about my grandfather. She immediately said Yeah, your grandfather, the mob guy.

Weeks after this, I had one of the most vivid dreams that would stick with me probably forever. It starts out by me shooting out of my body up past earth (I look down and see earth) way up to this black hole shaped in a red form. Then I am in this room and the vibe is kinda gloomy and there is this man and old women sitting in front of a television. She is speaking a foreign language. I get closer and realize it is my grandfather. He barely speaks or acknowledges me. All of the sudden, about fifteen people I have never seen people pop up and one kid who says he is my third cousin or something (explains that he was shot and killed in Southern Europe quite a few years ago) and starts calling me out saying how I tried to be a real gangster at one point but could never fill those shoes. I try to punch him and he moves out of the way so fast and I fall. The other women pick me up. He explains to me that my grandfather is no good and was sentenced to 30,000 years in purgatory and I better stop or I'll end up here too. I know people are going to say it was a dream but this is the only dream besides two others that actually stick with me. It was too vivid. I put in the last part to just explain the entire situation.

I am thinking about going to his grave and maybe doing a ritual. I was thinking about bringing a "can of moxie" which he liked to drink if I can find it, some "money" and maybe an "antique" as he was an antique dealer. I have a picture of him which I will present at the grave site. I might be able to get an item or object he once possessed as well. I would then burn some candles (green) as he loved money and call upon his spirit and ask to bring me wealth. At one time, he was very wealthy.

Please tell me what you think about this?

What am I getting myself into?

PLEASE NOTE: I have studied hoodoo on and off for the past few years. I am not an expert so please be kind. I occasionally have done protection/banishing spells and a few money spells. One of the money spells I just did actually backfired and I have no only two sales this week. I owe a lot in debt and am trying to rekindle the spell. My life story is a long one and I'm not going to complain. If anyone can help me or give advice, feel free to.

Thank you.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:28 pm

Well, if you aspire to be a criminal and a thief, and to die under suspicious circumstances, your grandfather sounds like a powerful ancestor to appeal to for help with all of that.

In the dream, when your "third cousin" shows up, tells you he was shot and killed, and wants you to know that your grandfather "is no good and was sentenced to 30,000 years in purgatory and I better stop or I'll end up here too," it is not exactly a fun time you are being offered. The dream is a warning, and you don't need me to tell you that.

Just know what you are getting into.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

LookWhatYouveDone333

Unread post by LookWhatYouveDone333 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:30 am

Catherine,

You're right. I never thought about it in that way. He was an antique dealer with lots of money and had legit businesses but I am starting to re-think this after you said that.

My mother wants to visit his grave. I'm even re-considering that now. Maybe I should just leave all this in the past.

happyasaclam

Ancestral altar offerings. Can you eat them? What do you do

Unread post by happyasaclam » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:32 pm

Ancestral altar offerings. How long do you leave them up there? What do you do with them when you're done? Can you eat then after 24 hours?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:41 am

happyasaclam --

The answer to that would depend on your religion.

Not all practitioners of folk magic, including hoodoo, make food offerings to or for ancestors. In fact, in my experience, doing so is a minor practice among most American conjure workers. Those who do make food offerings to ancestors usually work according to the traditions of their religions or their families.

In other words, there is no one answer to your question.

If you belong to a religion in which ancestor veneration is institutionalized and food offerings (as opposed to smoke offerings or liquid offerings) are made, then your fellow-adherents or clergy will be able to educate you in their proper way.

If you are basically "free-lancing" ancestor veneration because you feel drawn to to the practice, then do understand that what you do will be individualistic. Some may eat the food and some may scatter it in nature, for instnce.

Perhaps you can locate a Forum that deals with your specific religion and ask there.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

landsgenesis2

Unread post by landsgenesis2 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:42 am

This appears to be the best place I could find to post on this topic. I will try to stay on topic here, given the title of this particular forum thread "Dying, Death, The Dead, Graveyard, Ancestors, Mediumship.

I am new to hoodoo, with a lot to learn, and only knowing a few elementary things. Is it common in hoodoo to request through ritual or prayer (preferably through a solely prayerful way) -- specific wording, maybe, home goods, products through LM that perhaps would work without an altar to request a conversation through dreams with an ancestor who has passed on. I would be thankful for whoever would be willing to meet with me in dreams (its happened before without my asking), but there is one person in particular, my great-grandmother, who was a rootworker that I'd like to talk to. I sometimes feel like she's around me, even though she died when I was extremely young. I'm the only one of her 22 great-grandkids that I know of who has taken up interest this craft again through this family.

Do I have to have the gift of mediumship to do this? Again, new here, and I'm hoping, as this is the best thread I could find for this question, that I've posted it to the right place.

Thanks!

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:08 am

Hello landsgenesis2,

I think that's great that you want to connect with your grandmother. I'd suggest you start by setting up a small ancestor altar, which you can learn more about by scrolling up through this thread and reading the other posts.

Good luck!

landsgenesis2

Unread post by landsgenesis2 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:15 am

Thank you! God Bless you!

Pyromancer

Unread post by Pyromancer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:55 am

Hi. I have a question and need some insight.

I visited somebody I know at their grave, and left them a gift. He used to be a well known actor on MTV shows. We met many many times when he was alive. I believe he’s around me.

I smelled perfume after I left the site one time, and after that several more times I smelled it.

I get signs all the time from him. I see his name, songs he likes comes on the radio, I even saw his name on the license plate of a 1950s car the day I was looking for his grave.

I got a reading, and the reader said that he’s around, visits me, and hangs out with me. I have done meditation and talked to him. Things he told me came true.

I want to know what I can do to communicate and talk to him more. He promised to help me with my acting skills for acting as that’s was his last profession. I want more conversations.

A doll baby with his pic? Candles? Any suggestions?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:53 am

Dazed_Confused --

In working with the dead it is highly uncommon to use a doll. It can be done, but dolls are fairly intimate and are generally used for bodily situations such as sexual love or to cause illness. He no longer has a body, so a doll seems pointless to me. I would work with a photo, since he left his shadow traces on his work as an actor.

You ask about candles -- yes, you can use a plain candle of an appropriate colour. White is the colour used in the spiritual churches to represent the beloved dead. (Black would be used to represent the hated, feared, or damned dead.)

Light the candle and speak with him.

Now, the way i was raised, we used the small altar lights, 4" candles, when sitting a session with the dead. We did not use the big 14-day / novena (9-day) / 7-day / vigil candle / 5 day / glass-encased candles.

If it was the year anniversary of the person's death, we set a yarzheit (year-time / memorial anniversary) candle. This is a jelly-glass-size white candle used by Jews to mark a memorial day. They used to sell them in the hoodoo shops, and they still sell them in the ethnic aisles of big grocery store chains.

In truth, any white candle will do.

Set up a framed portrait of the man, add flowers if you wish, and burn the white candle while calling on him to attend and converse. It is also the custom in some communities to add a clear glass goblet of Holy Water on the altar. If you wish to dress the candle, Holy Oil is the usual choice.

The reason for using Holy Oil and Holy Water is that you do not wish a false spirit to come to your call, and false spirits will not come where Holy Oil or Holy Water are on the altar.

If you knew the person well in life and they had a favourite perfume or other scent, then use that scent in addition (float some on the Holy Water) and they will be drawn to it.
catherine yronwode

landsgenesis2

Unread post by landsgenesis2 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:02 am

This helps with my question too miss cat! You were right, this is where ALL the action happens. I greatly look forward to becoming a better student, and no less a contributor, to this AWESOME community -- I've already learned so much! I have nothing but gratitude towards the service you all have given your life to and provided to us by you, leaders, and the humility in which it's done.

Thank you. Thank you for letting God be God in your life.

Pyromancer

Unread post by Pyromancer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:16 am

Thank you so much. I know other malicious spirits try to come through for I’ll intent. I will get done Hoky Water and his pic

Pyromancer

Unread post by Pyromancer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:49 pm

Does LM sell holy oil? And should I use water with a rose of Jericho soaked in it as holy water?

RevJames

Unread post by RevJames » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:44 am

Pyromancer -

I would suggest LM's 7-11 Holy Type oil - http://www.luckymojo.com/7-11holytype.html

As for the Rose of Jericho, holy water would certainly work - sometimes I do find they are prone to mold on occasion, if you experience this I would suggest trying distilled water to reduce the amount of any potential contaminants.

Good luck!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:35 pm

Hello Pyromancer,

You can also respectfully take holy water from a church--just bring a nice bottle to put it in and ask permission if there is a priest nearby.

Take care.

landsgenesis2

Unto Whom Is It Wise to Call?

Unread post by landsgenesis2 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:03 am

I am adopted, so what I would like to know is if it is wise to call on my biological ancestors, or my adoptive ones as helping agents. Need I make any distinction between them?

When praying into the ancestral realm, whoever comes to me, is willing to help, generally, right?

Do the ancestors of my biological family work in concert with the ancestors of my adoptive family?

Burzeli

Unread post by Burzeli » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:22 am

Do you know your biological ancestors?

I'm just asking because if you do not know them, it could be risky calling on someone who may or may not be a good person. Personally, I'd do a lot of research first on who I'm calling on, I would want a good benevolent spirit to help me...unless I want to harm someone, then I would probably want a not so nice spirit to help.

RevJames

Unread post by RevJames » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:42 am

Landgenesis2 -

I will do my best to give insight from what I know about the questions you asked in the order you asked them:

1. I think this is a personal decision - I personally "Hail (names of known and loved/respected ancestors stated), and ancestors both named and un-named, known and unknown. I call you here, I call you near, and as I light this candle (lights candle) to light your way to me, so do you light my way forward in my life and in my work" this ensures (at least to me) that I'm getting the ears of everyone, but only those that wish to help me on my path/with my situation are those that are lead to me.

2. Well depending on your request/prayer I would say yes, but there are those that would say if you have mean-spirited or trickster type ancestors they may run amok. (which some say could be remedied by honoring them, appeasing their spirit, where others say you shouldn't work with them if you didn't get along in life, again I think this is a personal decision and a matter of how specific your "Call" or request for them is)

3. I think they do as I was adopted myself (but closer with my biological family) and I believe my "Ma" and "Pa" (parents of my adopted father) are still around me as I swear I smell the perfume and cologne they wore on occasion.

I wish I could give you clearer answers, but I think its personal decision here unless as Cat says in a post above, you are a part of a specific religion/tradition/culture that does ancestor reverence a certain way.

I recommend two books that may also give some insight in deal with your ancestors: Deliverance by Khi Armand - http://www.luckymojo.com/deliverance.html & Hoodoo Shrines and Altars by Phoenix LeFae - http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooshrinesandaltars.html

I hope this gave you another perspective that will help you decide how to approach your ancestors.
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:25 pm

Hello LandGenesis2,

RevJames gave you some very generous advice!

landsgenesis2

Unread post by landsgenesis2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Burzeli, thanks for replying. I don't know them personally enough, perhaps.

And Rev James, thank you! I know for certain that my paternal lineage is from Louisiana, a hoodoo hotspot. And the family is quite well-known in the country. It's the perception I have of what could potentially be found there, in exploration, hidden and known, that draws me to call upon that biological line where I'm sure workers were and are present, though I may not personally know so.

Adoptively, as I stated much earlier above, my great-grandmother was a rootworker, and very, VERY protective of her family, although very much cantankerous and hard to get along with. So in both my biological lineage and my adoptive one, spiritual work is very present in its history. I know I can call on my great-grandmother, but I will take caution in drawing from energies which come from a place where not much is known. As you stated, "they may run amok", especially if I don't know the stories of beneath the surface interactions that may affect how an ancestor may respond to me.

I truly gleaned insight from your remarks that I will carry with me in this work.

Pyromancer

Unread post by Pyromancer » Mon May 07, 2018 9:40 pm

I need help. I dabbled with automatic handwriting. This is not the first time I did it. Whatever came through at first was very accurate and knew things. He knew about every detail of who I was trying to reach. I believed it was him. I did it a second time. Whatever came through was starting to say mean things. I ended the session quick. I have done protection prayers all times, and even used protection oil on myself. I felt very drained all night last night, and this morning. I got up and bath in ammonia, and scrubbed down my place with it. I immediately felt energized, and refreshed. My place felt nice too. Earlier I got into an argument with my man, right after I felt a prescence. I did meditation to communicate with the spirit of an actor I communicate with daily. He said it’s him, and he would tone it down (the feeling of a prescence). He also told me it was a demon that came through with automatic writing, but it’s gone now because of the ammonia. I’m still feeling that prescence sense. I don’t know if it’s him or something else. It’s not a heavy feeling like before. What should I do?

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Tue May 08, 2018 4:34 pm

Hello Pyromancer,

You'll find spellwork ideas here:

ghosts-spirits-astral-visitors-hags-hau ... 5-240.html

In the meantime, PROTECT yourself. Call upon St. Michael the Archangel to protect while you work to rid yourself of this entity.

http://www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html

Take care.

Pyromancer

Unread post by Pyromancer » Wed May 09, 2018 12:39 pm

It’s gone. The actor spirit that I talked to said the ammonia took the negative entity away. Thank God! Never again.

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”