Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Zodiacal Oils Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure oils and ritual oils in magic spells, and which oils are best for your purposes.
Amy_S

Zodiacal Oils Questions and Answers

Unread post by Amy_S » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:36 pm

I'm interested in eventually starting my own business, and I could use some advice (and possibly links and suggestions on books on planetary and zodiac work) on which oils I should work with in order to raise the chances for success in this venture (and possibly order, if the places where I get the supplies still won't carry them by the time I come up with a business plan).

I can't buy everything, so I could use some advice on what the best choices would be on a limited budget. Currently my eyes are on these formulas-

Capricorn, Scorpio, Leo, Saturn, Jupiter, Mercury, and Pluto.

I'm half tempted to just buy the all-purpose ones, but I have a feeling I'll need something more specific for this.

Lukianos

Re: Zodiacal Oils Questions and Answers

Unread post by Lukianos » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:14 pm

Hi Amy,

A few questions, first:

1) What kind of business are you starting?

2) Why you are drawn to the specific oils that you listed above?

3) Why you would choose planetary/zodiac oils for this work, versus, say, more specifically business- and prosperity-oriented formulas such as Prosperity, Money Drawing, Wealthy Way, Crown of Success, etc?

That said, if your heart is truly set on using only zodiac/planetary formulas, you have a number of options:

1) Use oils of planets which rule things that are similar to the focus and nature of your business (Mars for construction, mining, manufacturing, etc.; Venus for beauty-related, fashion, luxury items, etc; Mercury for information technology, coffee houses, travel planners, etc; and so forth).

2) Use oils of planets which rule prosperity and increase (Jupiter, Sun, Moon, Venus).

3) Use oils that correspond to your zodiac sign (especially if you are a sole proprietor), and those of your partners (if you have them).

marcoa

Zodiac Oils Questions and Answers

Unread post by marcoa » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:30 pm

I'm wondering how fellow hoodoo practitioners use Lucky Mojo's line of planetary and zodiac oils in spells/rituals. I use my zodiac sign oils to anoint my astral candle for certain rituals and use different planetry oils on corresponding color candles for certain effects. Anyone else use the oils for different purposes?

marcoa

Unread post by marcoa » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:33 pm

I'm wondering how fellow hoodoo practitioners use Lucky Mojo's line of zodiac oils in spells/rituals. I use my zodiac sign oils to anoint my astral candle for certain rituals and use different planetary oils on corresponding color candles and seals for certain effects.

Anyone else use the Zodiac oils for different purposes?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Zodiac Oils Questions and Answers

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:36 pm

I think you posted this twice.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:40 pm

I've used both the plamentary and zodiac oils. I am very much a fan. I've usually used the products in my ceremonial magick, but I have on occasion used them in hoodoo. I think they are a great way to tap into the powers associated with them.

If you employ astrological magick in your work, you could totally use Mercury or Gemini products in conjuction with Road Opener and such to achieve the road opening condition, or get someone to contact you, for example. They are a great alternative to use in conjure and I have enjoyed using them.

I believe some of the formulae used trace their sources back to recipes found in the Old System Grimoires, but I must commend miss cat, because not only are they flawlessly blended, but they pack a great punch ;-)
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:35 pm

The Master Book of Candle Burning by Henri Gamache (Lucky Mojo sells it) uses planetary oils and zodiac oils in the candle set ups. Usually the planet oil is used for you on, say, a love spell using their zodiac oil on an astral candle. The book outlines rather nicely how to use these candle burning rituals with the oils for desired results. If this is something you are interested in, i'd recommend the book.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

butchcomer
HRCC Student
Zodiac Oils

Unread post by butchcomer » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:48 am

I would like to sing the praises of Lucky Mojo Zodiacal Oils! I have the Aries oil and the Sagittarius oil which I bought to dress candles on my ancestor altar. What really knocks me out is that the Sagittarius oil actually smells like my Dad. It's always very emotional when I add this to his candle. It's a wonderful way to stay connected as I venerate those in my family who have passed on as I ask for their continued love, guidance and protection. I have found adding the Zodiacal oils in addition to blessing or holy oil really does lend some extra power.
Thanks Cat & Lucky Mojo for these blends! I recently ordered the Cancer oil as a gift for my girlfriend.

corazon

Re: Zodiac Oils

Unread post by corazon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:05 pm

butchcomer, that is such a lovely story!

I have to agree, I love the Zodiac oils too! I have the Virgo one for myself and the Aquarius one for both my son and my boyfriend. The oils smell amazing and you can feel the extra "oomph" they add to the spells!!

What a great gift for your girlfriend too, that is so sweet. I hope she loves it!!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:35 pm

I agree totally, for those unfamiliar with the Zodiac Oils, for quick reference, they are listed below (...and can be purchased at this link >>> http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatoils.html)

Aries Oil; The Ram; March 21 - April 21; ruled by Mars
Taurus Oil; The Bull; April 21 - May 21; ruled by Venus
Gemini Oil; The Twins; May 21 - June 21; ruled by Mercury
Cancer Oil; The Crab; June 21 - July 21; ruled by the Moon
Leo Oil; The Lion; July 21 - August 21; ruled by the Sun
Virgo Oil; The Virgin; August 21 - September 21; ruled by Mercury
Libra Oil; The Balance; September 21 - October 21; ruled by Venus
Scorpio Oil; The Scorpion; October 21 - November 21; ruled by Pluto (and Mars)
Sagittarius Oil; The Archer; November 21 - December 21; ruled by Jupiter
Capricorn Oil; The Sea-Goat; December 21 - January 21; ruled by Saturn
Aquarius Oil; The Water-Bearer; January 21 - February 21; ruled by Uranus (and Saturn)
Pisces Oil; The Fishes; February 21 - March 21; ruled by Neptune (and Jupiter)
...also, you have the option to mix all 12 scents as a Zodiac Oil
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:41 am

Butchcomer: Thank you for sharing that! I will be starting a really nice new ancestor altar when my wife and I move and love hearing about other peoples existing altars. I also stand by the Zodiac Oils as my wife and I have been buying them and using them for years now... (Aries for her, Taurus for me) They can also be used to help imbibe the user with qualities associated with that sign, if I am not mistaken. Sometimes my Taurus oil amplifies my Taurus-ian qualities a little too much! :)

Thanks again for the post ButchComer!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Amy_S

Unread post by Amy_S » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:09 pm

Why would I choose them? It's not an either or thing, and I certainly plan on looking in to them as well, but I've been dabbling in astrology the past year or so, so I thought it might not be a bad idea to supplement with them.

1) Cosmetics and toiletries, so Venus seems like an obvious then. Mercury doesn't seem like a bad idea either, since this will probably be mostly an online store for awhile.

2) I have a good feeling about Jupiter, since Sagittarius is my rising sign.

3) Gemini it is. Then again, Mercury rules Gemini...

Thank you for the information.

-Amy

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:16 pm

Yes, I remember that. Gamache doesn't mention carving or inscribing names or personal info into the candles, or even placing photos underneath them. Instead he creates a link between candle and individual by using the appropriate Zodiac oil. I always found that interesting. Of course, I see no reason why a combination of carving info and zodiac oils cannot be used.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Here are the Zodiacal Oils -- the first three signs of the Zodiac. You can order right here in the Forum by clicking the blue Add To Cart button:

OIL-ZOD-01AR
Aries Oil
$7.50

OIL-ZOD-02TA
Taurus Oil
$7.50

OIL-ZOD-03GE
Gemini Oil
$7.50

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Here are the Zodiacal Oils -- second three signs of the Zodiac. You can order right here in the Forum by clicking the blue Add To Cart button:

OIL-ZOD-04CA
Cancer Oil
$7.50

OIL-ZOD-05LE
Leo Oil
$7.50

OIL-ZOD-06VI
Virgo Oil
$7.50

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:27 pm

Here are the Zodiacal Oils -- third three signs of the Zodiac. You can order right here in the Forum by clicking the blue Add To Cart button:

OIL-ZOD-07LI
Libra Oil
$7.50

OIL-ZOD-08SC
Scorpio Oil
$7.50

OIL-ZOD-09SA
Sagittarius Oil
$7.50

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Here are the Zodiacal Oils -- fourth three signs of the Zodiac. You can order right here in the Forum by clicking the blue Add To Cart button:

OIL-ZOD-10CA
Capricorn Oil
$7.50

OIL-ZOD-11AQ
Aquarius Oil
$7.50

OIL-ZOD-12PI
Pisces Oil
$7.50

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:36 pm

And one to grow on: Zodiac Oil, a convenient pre-made blend of ALL TWELVE Zodiacal Oils

OIL-ZOD-13ZO
Zodiac Oil
$7.50

catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:45 am

I got to see the new labels in person at the shop last week and they look beautiful! Very well done graphics. Fitting for the oils.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Will Lomers

Unread post by Will Lomers » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:44 pm

I read Henri Gamache's New Revised The Master Book of Candle Burning today, and in it he suggests anointing ALL Astral Candles with Zodiac Oil. The color of the candle determines the sign. Now, why shouldn't I use Capricorn Oil on a Capricorn Astral Candle? Is it because the zodiacal formula symbolically includes all of the fixed stars and so is "whole" like a person, or is it a more economically motivated thing?

I guess I just don't get what Zodiac Oil is for.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Its just CHEAPER for folks to have one blended 12-in-one oil, that's all. :-)
catherine yronwode

Will Lomers

Unread post by Will Lomers » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:12 am

Next time I order, then, I'll get a bottle of Capricorn oil for myself and a bottle of Zodiac oil for everybody else.

Thank you for the clarification. It was bugging me.

marcoa

Unread post by marcoa » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks for noticing, I sent two posts by accident. My first post was specific to oils but I wanted to expand the question to all planetary and zodiac products. I can't delete the post now. I'm hoping a moderator can erase the "oils" post as it should've gone in the oils section if I didnt hit "post" prematurely. Sorry to deeply upset anyone.

MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MaryBee » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:00 am

I use Cancer oil (I'm a Cancer) to emphasize the good traits of my sign. I can also use it for clients who are Cancers as well, or I wish to bring out that sensitive side of the client.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:18 pm

OIL-ZOD-01AR
Aries Oil
$7.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

OIL-ZOD-02TA
Taurus Oil
$7.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

OIL-ZOD-03GE
Gemini Oil
$7.50

OIL-ZOD-04CA
Cancer Oil
$7.50

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:19 pm

OIL-ZOD-05LE
Leo Oil
$7.50

OIL-ZOD-06VI
Virgo Oil
$7.50

OIL-ZOD-07LI
Libra Oil
$7.50

OIL-ZOD-08SC
Scorpio Oil
$7.50

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 pm

OIL-ZOD-09SA
Sagittarius Oil
$7.50

OIL-ZOD-10CA
Capricorn Oil
$7.50

OIL-ZOD-11AQ
Aquarius Oil
$7.50

OIL-ZOD-12PI
Pisces Oil
$7.50

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 pm

OIL-ZOD-13ZO
Zodiac Oil
$7.50

catherine yronwode

KittyLove
Forum Member

Unread post by KittyLove » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:13 pm

I would like to know how LM zodiac oil will enhance an uncrossing candle. MaryBee uses zodiac oil to enhance the positive aspects of her sign. I am curious to know if it would work the same way. Will it enhance the signs positive aspects and minimize the negative?

Thank you,
MissKittylovesNanny
Thank you St. Michael for keeping us safe!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:08 am

Hi MissKittylovesNanny,

If the Uncrossing work is specifically for aspects of your personality related to negative traits of the zodiac sign you have then yes, it could work this way. If you're looking to Uncross a set of circumstances or the influence another has brought into your life, it would be less relevant. The zodiac oil in the manner you suggest would best be paired with a Cast Off Evil vigil light.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

KittyLove
Forum Member

Unread post by KittyLove » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:34 pm

Thanks Aura.

The candle is for someone else. I burned one uncrossing myself and another person, it left wax on one side. So I tried uncrossing with Libra oil for the other person, thinking that it would have had a better result. Not much better. Then a third again with same oils. It and the other two candles are indicating blockage. The third burned father down but left soot at the top of the glass. While the third one burned I set a vigil to St. Michael and set another uncrossing candle with devil shoe strings. The first candle I set to St. Michael went black at the top. I offered him a gold candle and some wine for his hard work then lit him another vigil. I still have a vigil set for St. Michael and will continue until the glass burns clean. I've been researching LM Cast off evil used with uncrossing. Your suggestion sounds good! I am feeling confident that it might do the trick.

Thank you kindly,
MissKittylovesNanny
Thank you St. Michael for keeping us safe!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:11 am

MissKittyLovesNanny --

The Zodiac Oil and individual Zodiacal oils are used to establish contact with the person. They will not help break through blockages per se.

Cast Off Evil or Run Devil Run may be what you need to force the Uncrossing into a situation that is "stuck" -- while you continue to use the Zodiacal oils as a contact point for the person on whom you are working.
catherine yronwode

crazycatlady
HRCC Student

Zodiac oils

Unread post by crazycatlady » Sat May 09, 2015 12:00 pm

Will using a person's zodiac sign oil on their figural candle along with the oil used in the spell for that oil's intention connect the candle more to that person and strengthen the spell? The spell I am looking into does not call for zodiac oils; I was wondering.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Zodiac oils

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat May 09, 2015 5:34 pm

Without being redundant, please read about how and for what purpose to use Zodiac Oil, found here zodiacal-oils-questions-and-answers-t631s60.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Metalina
Forum Member

Unread post by Metalina » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:52 am

I'm a sun and mercury Pisces and I was wondering if I could use the Pisces products to sort of tune in to my Piscesness, such as help me be more creative and attune with my subconscious. I write fiction and paint, so I thought the Pisces products might assist me in getting into the right frame of mind to do better work? Or would that be misusing it?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:00 pm

Dear Metalina,

That is exactly how to use the Pisces oil and other products -- to "tune in to your Piscesness." Go to it!
catherine yronwode

Metalina
Forum Member

Unread post by Metalina » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:22 am

Thank you :)

vata girl
Forum Member

Unread post by vata girl » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:23 am

I am not sure if something similar has been asked before, but I couldn't find an exact answer when searching the forum. I purchased Venus oil from the site the other day, and I plan to use it to increase/enhance/bring out my physical beauty. I have been considering purchasing Taurus and/or Libra oils as well, as possible adjuncts to my work. I have Sun/Mercury/Jupiter/Ascendant in Virgo, but Venus in Libra in the 1st House and Taurus Moon in the 8th. Now I understand that anyone can use any zodiacal oil at any time, but because I have these Libra and Taurus influences, I am thinking that it may boost my work a lot if I use those oils. Am I on the right track with this? Thank you!

Side note: I am an astrologer, so thinking about the possible uses of all of these oils is very exciting to me! For example, the 8th house is naturally ruled by Scorpio, thus a person with planets in that house will be able to tap into (or connect with/express) Scorpio energies a bit more easily than someone without planets there. Based on this, an individual could create a blend that increases the effects of these chart influences. I'll give you an idea of what I mean, using my own chart..

Moon in the 8th House (Scorpio, Pluto) in Taurus: blend Moon, Taurus, Scorpio and/or Pluto oils; use to be emotionally (Moon) in control (Scorpio/Pluto) of sensuality and resources (Taurus)

This is one of many possibilities of course! The above planets and signs are connected to more than just emotions, control and sensuality, but it really is fun to think about, right?

Another example, just a random one: blend Sun, Gemini, Aries and/or Mars oils (this would be for someone who has Sun in Gemini in the 1st house, which is naturally ruled by Aries/Mars). They could use it to assert (Mars/Aries) themselves (Sun) in areas ruled by Gemini (communication, social situations, mind, etc). I can imagine that this would be POWERFUL for influencing someone elses' thoughts!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:22 pm

Hello, indrani,

Wow! You know a lot abut Astrology! How wonderful

Maybe you can hang out on the forum and answer other Astrological questions from forum family members? That would be awesome!

And YES! YES! Yu are DEFINITELY n the right track. In fact, youre wayyy ahead of me.

Take care

vata girl
Forum Member

Unread post by vata girl » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:24 am

Of course! I'll try to be on the look-out for posts with astrological questions :) And thank you for the quick response! I look forward to trying out some of these combinations of zodiac and planetary oils, I'll report back here once I get some more of the supplies and test them out together.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:20 pm

indrani!

Thank you!!

mizznana002
Forum Member

Unread post by mizznana002 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:47 pm

Hey!!!

Which zodiac oil can i use 2 give bewitching jezebel queen elizabeth and look me over oils a nice boost or punch?? Scorpio or libra?? Or in the case of planetary oil pluto or venus?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:41 pm

Hello, mizznana002,

I'm not an astrologer but I will give you my best opinion

Scorpio is sexual so I would go with that

Venus is excellent for this type of work

Wishing you the very best

Take care

StarsNSky
Forum Member

Unread post by StarsNSky » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:35 am

Hello, I'm currently working on a man who is a Taurus. Of course, I'm going to order the corresponding oil, however, I was wondering if their were any herbs that go with the oil itself, so that I could order them at the same time as the oil.

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:11 pm

Hi StarsNSky,

The oil is already formulated with herbs and roots relative to Taurus. If you have a particular goal in mind when working with this product, you can let us know here and we can advise on complementary herbs or roots to use.

Thanks.
HRCC #1909G

HidingInSight
Forum Member

Unread post by HidingInSight » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:22 am

Ahoy!

I have a question,

If I wanted to, out of the universe, do work to draw to myself a Scorpio woman, outside of maybe some obvious oils, like Come To Me, Magnet, etc, would it be wise to use Scorpio oil as well?

Thanks!!

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:35 am

Hello HidingInSight,

Yes I think you could do that!

Good luck to you in your work.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Anointing and Dressing Oils in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”