Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Hoodoo Book Suggestions for Beginners

Discussiona about hoodoo and conjure spell books, instruction books, grimoires, and books on magic and spirituality.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Hoodoo Book Suggestions for Beginners

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat May 27, 2017 5:16 pm

As of this month -- May, 2017 -- we have published a total of 26 books, most of them on hoodoo or other forms of folk magic. TWENTY of these books are available at the low cost of $9.00 each and come chock full of history, tips, tricks, and above all, MAGIC SPELLS in the African American rootwork tradirtion. If you select 12 titles, you can take TWO DOLLARS OFF EACH TITLE -- paying only $7.00 per book, PLUS, we will throw in a 13th book for FREE! Check out our BAKER'S DOZEN BOOK SPECIAL:

Hoodoo Books Baker's Dozen by Various Authors

BOO-SPE-9612
Hoodoo Books Baker's Dozen
$84.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

Now, you can get your pick of a "Baker's Dozen" for an amazing discount price! Order any twelve of the 96-page hoodoo, conjure, rootwork, and divination books which regularly sell for $9.00 each (a total of $108.00 for the set; $7.00 each when you buy all twelve). You pay only $84.00 (a savings of $24.00), PLUS, we will include one extra book FOR FREE! You will receive 1,248 illustrated pages of hoodoo history, magic spells for love and money, practical information on how to tell fortunes, traditional conjure tricks and tips for protection and uncrossing, and answers to questions in this big, beautiful discount array. Titles included in this special package deal and from which to select are:

• The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode
• Bones, Shells, and Curios by Michele Jackson
• Cursing and Crossing by Miss Aida
• A Deck of Spells by Professor C. D. Porterfield
• Deliverance! by Khi Armand
• Hoodoo Bible Magic by Miss Michaele and Professor C. D. Porterfield
• Hoodoo Food! by The Ladies Auxiliary of MISC
• Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells by Deacon Millett
• Hoodoo Return and Reconciliation Spells by Deacon Millett
• Hoodoo Shrines and Altars by Miss Phoenix LeFae
• Hoodoo Spiritual Baths by Aura Laforest
• Legends of Incense, Herb, and Oil Magic by Lewis de Claremont restored, revised, and edited by catherine yronwode
• North Asian Magic by David Borji Shi
• Paper In My Shoe by catherine yronwode
• The Sporting Life by Professor C. D. Porterfield
• This Amazing Book by Sunrae Products Company restored, revised, and edited by catherine yronwode
• Throwing the Bones by catherine yronwode
• Vulvamancy by Dr. Jeremy Weiss
• Women's Work by Aura Laforest

BONUS:
• Trolldom Preview by Johannes Gardback or
• The Gospel of Satan by Troll Towelhead

NOTE: The individual books are available through Lucky Mojo and other fine retailers, including Amazon, but this special Baker's Dozen offer is NOT available at Amazon, only from the Lucky Mojo Curio Company.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:20 am

Here are the new Lucky Mojo books for 2018! They are all useful, basic texts that will get you started with folk-magic spells and divination methods.

Each of these new books is a jam-packed 96 pages long. They are written by professional readers and rootworkers who have a solid grounding in the history and culture of African-American hoodoo. The three spells books are each guaranteed to contain more than 100 spells per book -- for only $9.00 a book. The book on reading lays out dozens of amazing ways for foretell the future with stones, rocks, runes, coins, and even candy Valentine's hearts, suitable for both beginners and professional psychic readers.

CASH BOX CONJURE by Miss Phoenix LeFae - http://luckymojo.com/cashboxconjure.html
THE ART OF MAKING MOJOS by Catherine Yronwode - http://luckymojo.com/theartofmakingmojos.html
LITHOMANCY by Rev. Dr. Jon Saint Germain - http://luckymojo.com/lithomancy.html
DESTROYING RELATIONSHIPS by Miss Aida - http://luckymojo.com/destroyingrelationships.html
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:39 pm

for 2018, we have again increased our list of inexpensive, basic books on hoodoo techniques of spell casting using various ingredients and forms of work, and working for various outcomes or condition -- plus our books on divination and world-wide folk magic.

Here is a break-down of categories. Note that some books appear in more than one category:

SPELLS using specific INGREDIENTS or METHODS for various conditions

Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic
Art of Making Mojos
Crystal Magic
Deck of Spells
Hoodoo Bible Magic
Hoodoo Food
Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells
Hoodoo Spiritual Baths
Hoodoo Shrines and Altars
Legends of Incense, Herb, and Oil Magic
Paper In My Shoe

SPELLS for specific CONDITIONS AND SITUATIONS using various ingredients

Cash Box Conjure
Cursing and Crossing
Deliverance!
Destroying Relationships
Hoodoo Return and Reconciliation Spells
Sporting Life
Women's Work

DIVINATION METHODS for FORTUNE TELLING

Bones, Shells, and Curios
Crystal Magic
Deck of Spells
Lithomancy
Throwing the Bones

MEDICAL and MAGICAL HERBALISM

Legends of Incense, Herb, and Oil Magic
This Amazing Book Opens the Door to Better Health

WORLD-WIDE FOLK MAGIC AND FOLK RELIGION

North Asian Magic
The Gospel of Satan

Read more about these books at the publishing hub-page at
http://www.luckymojo.com/luckymojopublishing.html

catherine yronwode

teamotanae

Unread post by teamotanae » Wed May 30, 2018 3:02 pm

Good day

I was wondering if these books were available on kindle or a downloadable pdf that can go on my mobile phone.

It would be great for those who have to keep it a secret from our family and friends that we are practicing hoodoo.

If there is an option to purchase them digitally instead of hard copies can you please direct me as to how I would go about this.

Thanks and blessings xxx

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed May 30, 2018 7:26 pm

teamotanae --

Thanks for your interest in our publications. All of our books are only available as print books, very reasonably priced, and 10% of the retail price for each book goes to the author of the book.

We do not publish electronic books and we never will.

If you find an electronic copy of one of our books, it is an illegal copy that was made to avoid paying the author for his or her work.

If you must keep your interest in folk magic secret, i suggest you rent a storage locker -- and store your materials and do your work there.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

teamotanae

Unread post by teamotanae » Thu May 31, 2018 1:58 am

Thanks, didn’t think of that... great idea ❤️❤️. It’s sad that we can’t tell people about the things that we are drawn to. I tried to hint that I was studying the craft and was called an evil witch 😞😞

I’m far from evil am one of the kindest people you could ever encounter.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu May 31, 2018 9:29 pm

teamotanae --

By "the craft" do you mean Anglo-Celtic witchcraft? If so, our books may not be what you are looking for -- they are mostly about African American Christian folk magic. We do carry witchcraft books from other publishers in our shop, but that is not our primary focus.
catherine yronwode

teamotanae

Unread post by teamotanae » Thu May 31, 2018 10:27 pm

No I’m interested in hoodoo .... picked up the word over the years of research over the internet. Good to know that is not the context in which I should be using it ( I thought all magic was “the craft” lol). Thanks for more clarification ❤️❤️

harrykane140693

Where can I go to get reliable information on hoodoo?

Unread post by harrykane140693 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:13 pm

I was wondering where I could go or what books I could get to study hoodoo. The real hoodoo, not the fake hoodoo. It seems like everywhere I go for information on the subject, it has nothing to do with the old true hoodoo that existed in the southeast more than a hundred years ago. Is it even possible to find information on genuine hoodoo or has it all been tainted by hollywood movies, fake stories, and fake 'hoodoo spells' that will make you a millionaire or help you get laid? I am fascinated by old folklore and I would really like to know what they practiced way back when.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:35 pm

harrykane140693 --

Our sister-site, Southern Spirits, contains an excellent selection of 19th century hoodoo material, plus the Hoodoo Bibliography, which is located here:

http://www.southern-spirits.com/hoodoo- ... raphy.html

Read this thread from page 1 and you will find lots of other good suggestions.
catherine yronwode

j82

Unread post by j82 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:49 am

harrykane140693,

Look at the books LM offers and the wealth of info Cat has provided on her web page. This site is authentic with authentic products made in the tradition. I have been a steadfast customer of LM and its the only products I will use. The books are written by Cat or associates who are masters in the art and taught from those who know the craft. You can order the books in a dozen deal. Cats book is a great start as well.

HOODOO BOOKS BAKER'S DOZEN
by Various Authors

HOODOO HERB AND ROOT MAGIC
by Catherine Yronwode

http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:15 am

Great suggestions, j82!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Books, Pamphlets, Instruction Manuals, and Grimoires in Hoodoo”