Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lucky Spirit Incense Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo incense powders, joss sticks, and natural botanical resin incenses in your spiritual practices.
wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate
Lucky Spirit Incense Questions and Answers

Unread post by wraithklewn » Thu May 06, 2010 3:03 pm

wow! i just got my first order a little while ago. smelled all the oils and stuff right through the box. that lucky spirit incense smells absolutely divine :D i cant stop smelling it :lol:

so what i wanted to say is... thank you Ms .Cat and Lucky Mojo!! with everything i am more then ecstatic to use these fantastic products.
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: first oder recieved..lucky spirit incense smells too good

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu May 06, 2010 4:30 pm

...I am always ecstatic as well wraithklewn when I get my orders even anticipating the order...
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Thu May 06, 2010 5:10 pm

i have a 2nd order thats waiting to get sent out.. twice as big as the first one.
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection

buzzbabe

Unread post by buzzbabe » Fri May 07, 2010 6:45 am

Sad to say, but I"m addicted to LM products; I can hardly wait and get money to place an order. If only I would follow through with some of spells instead of just playing around with the products, but I just like the idea that I'm surrounded by things that are actually of the magical relm and not something a marketer cooked up to get my money

gettingmyloveback
Forum Member

Unread post by gettingmyloveback » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:06 pm

I bought the camphor and florida water spray and received it today. I sprayed it around the house but do I need to open the windows to let the negativity out?

Is there a right way of cleansing my home?

Also, what would you suggest to use for for a calm, loving, peaceful home?

Aaaand, the what is lucky spirit incense for?

Also, is it ok to burn incense for love in one room and a peaceful home incense in another room??

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:36 pm

To cleanse your house wash it from back to front, top to bottom. Some people follow up by lighting a candle in each room, dressing doors and windows, and then doing a drawing wash reversing the movements so from front to back.

I recommend that you read up on the basics and principles of hoodoo at HITAP which will answer such questions. http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

and this may help with floorwash related questions: http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html

For a calm and loving home you can wash it down with Peaceful Home, or get yourself some Peace Water.

You can mix love and peacful incenses and burn them together if you like. Or do them one after the other.

Lucky Spirit is the incense equivalent to Special Oil No. 20 -- and all-purpose product for good luck in love, money, health, protection, and blessings.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Fernview
HRCC Student

Unread post by Fernview » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:19 am

I got the House Blessing Oil and Lucky Spirit Incense the other day and that smell is unbelievable. I have never smelled anything as good in my life. I don't even want to use it because I just want to sniff the bottle hehe

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:52 pm

Just a hint for those who love the smell of Lucky Spirit Incense but don;t always want to be burning incense -- try a 4 ounce bottle of Special Oil Number 20 -- it is almost the aame thing, but in a bulk oil formula.

Lucky Spirit Oil is less expensive than our other hand-made incense powders because it has no herbs in it. Special Oil #20 is also less expensive than the other oils -- It does not come in 1/2 ounce bottles and it does not have herbs in the bottle, hence the lower price.

Just a word to the wise!

ISS-SPE-LUCK
Lucky Spirit Black Incense Powder
$5.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:15 pm

Special Oil #20 is one of the best values in the entire LM catalog for my money. Amazing results, heavenly scent, and plentiful! If you haven't given #20 the time of day yet...you realllly need to order some and try it out. All visitors to my house that smell the #20 are awestruck. Powerful stuff....great for candle work. The Lucky Spirit Incense has that same great scent and you get more in a pack at the same price as the other powder incenses because it has no herbs in it.

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

cognitivedissonance

Query on Lucky Spirit Incense Powder

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:50 am

Is it self-lighting or will it require charcoal? The description is a little vague.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Query on Lucky Spirit Incense Powder

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:57 am

It is self-lighting and smells fabulous!!!
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Query on Lucky Spirit Incense Powder

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:09 am

All LM incense powders are self-lighting.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

tarotcardfairy

Lucky Spirit Incense

Unread post by tarotcardfairy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:00 am

Everyone is talking about this Lucky Spirit incense? I can't find it? Is the name now Spirit Guide incense? Thanks!

angelael
Forum Member
Re: Lucky Spirit Incense

Unread post by angelael » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:25 am

No, Lucky Spirit Incense is NOT the same as Spirit Guide Incense (or Indian Spirit Guide Incense, which is a third type).

It is on the Incenses and Resins page toward the bottom under Special Herbal Incenses. It is the Lucky Spirit Black Incense Powder, http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatincense.html#special

tarotcardfairy

Re: Lucky Spirit Incense

Unread post by tarotcardfairy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:53 am

Thank you

wendy2black
Forum Member

Re: Lucky Spirit Incense Questions and Answers

Unread post by wendy2black » Sun May 27, 2012 8:27 am

I agree with buzzbabe, I can hardly wait to get money also. I am on this website just looking at questions and responses through out the day. If I could just have a 100 of everything and the- know- how- to use it would be great. I have an order waiting but I feel myself always wanting to do something with these products but I don't have very many items.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun May 27, 2012 11:41 am

wendy2black: Start small with the items you do have and slowly build from there. In a short will you will start to amass a knowledge base and be able to keep building on that foundation. Many have been surprised with which they start to gain knowledge by working "small" and mastering those works that they undertake. It may take time, dedication, and determination, but if you are willing it will come.
Joseph Magnuson

wendy2black
Forum Member

Unread post by wendy2black » Sun May 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Well in a few days I will have some items to draw money. And in a few days I will place another order for Cleo May, Jezebel and other similar products. I am on a fixed and very limited income and could only place an order once a month or every other. Sometimes I would go with out paying a bill just to order from LM.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun May 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Well, I would make sure the bills don't start to slip out from under you! :) That can be the first piece that starts to rock the tower!

I started very small, with my first purchase being a rabbit's foot, Taurus Oil, Vetiver Oil, Psychic Vision Oil, Aunt Sally's Lucky Dream sachet powder, and a few small charms. Sara and I then went into the woods near Stinson Beach and did our first jointly worked spell together. We started SMALL and have been growing ever since and we certainly did not have the extra funds for large orders, at that time.

Another plus to ordering affordable packages when you can is that it makes you focus and really pay attention to those few items you have on hand to work with.
Joseph Magnuson

Will Lomers

Unread post by Will Lomers » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:05 am

Is it a good idea to use Lucky Spirit Black Incense Powder as an all-purpose incense powder dressing for candles? When would it be inappropriate to double-dress a candle in this manner? I can tell that double-dressing a candle with incense powder does something to change the way the work goes, but I'm not sure if it would always be a good thing. I think incense powder heats up a work, but sometimes cool is better than hot, maybe?

Edit: I've experimented and found that Lucky Spirit Black does give me a voracious and clean burn.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:01 am

The answers to all of your above questions will vary from worker to worker. You will get different answers from each person you ask. I suggest trial and error, and recording your results. More importantly, what do YOU think?
Joseph Magnuson

Will Lomers

Unread post by Will Lomers » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:06 pm

So, how would I go about comparing and contrasting candle burning efficacy? The only thing I can think to do is to burn both single dressed and double dressed candles at the same time, and to look at the different ceromantic omens. That doesn't really get at the efficacy of the burn though. I was hoping there was a tradition about this sort of thing, since that'd make things easier.

Personally, I think there is worth in double-dressing candles, since I've gotten a complete burn with a tall, strong flame, and "love" written in the ashes of the namepaper from a cleansing/purifying candle dressed with holy oil and Lucky Spirit Black. It also just plain makes sense, since incense powder on a freestanding candle is much like adding herbs to a glass-encased candle. And one thing I firmly believe in is that plants are important, powerful aides in magic.

What I really don't get, though, is if the blessings of the plants come through Lucky Spirit Black since it doesn't contain plants, just oils. I believe it does, but I figure it's changed and amalgamated into something different. Lucky Spirit Black seems like it'd have its own "spirit" or "vibe" and I don't know if it's All Purpose, or Multi-purpose. I was hoping Miss Cat might chime in and explain some about her great product, since I don't remember seeing much on the product page or in Hitap.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Lucky Spirit Black Incense is multi-purpose, as you figured out. It is compounded with a blend of herbal and floral oils for love, money, protection, luck, and healing.
catherine yronwode

Will Lomers

Unread post by Will Lomers » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:27 am

Thank you, now I know I wouldn't be comfortable adding Lucky Spirit Black to, say, a domination/ influence candle, or a crossing candle.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:47 pm

ISS-SPE-LUCK
Lucky Spirit Black Incense Powder
$5.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

magicmurphy
Forum Member

Unread post by magicmurphy » Sun May 26, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi All --

I've been burning the Lucky Spirit incense, and I appreciate that it doesn't throw up a huge cloud up that makes my roommate and I run around the apartment smacking smoke detectors with broom handles to shut them off, like some loose incenses do. Nice easy smoke. (I drop on charcoal.)

I found the scent to be really subtle to almost nonexistent at first, then kinda it was there, slightly woodsy. It doesn't linger at all, and there's no scent left behind. Is that typical of folks' experiences? Or did I just get a very gently concocted batch?

It may be that I'm so accustomed to cloying incenses that I have to develop the nose for this, but it seemed practically unscented to me, though it does make the place feel nice... feedback from folks would help. (You can tell me I'm smell impaired, it's ok. :) )

EDIT: Yeah, no smell at all. Just a faint whiff of charcoal. The way folks in this thread are going on about the smell, I should be able to smell something, right? The bag itself is unscented... oh dear... did I get a bad batch? :(

Murphy
St. Paul

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm

magicmurphy: The Lucky Spirit Incense that my wife and I continually buy has a wonderful smell, similar to the Special Oil #20 scent and fills our house with it's rich and warm aromas. I have not a clue for you as to why yours smells unscented.
Joseph Magnuson

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 26, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi, magicmurphy,

Well, we make this incense up in batches, and the batch you ordered from is still on the shelves, so i phoned down to the shop and asked Heidi, Leslie, and Nicki to smell the packs, and they all said they could smell the fragrance THROUGH the packaging it was so strong. So We may have hit upon a few scent-notes that you are not relating to. You are welcome to send it back and we will replace it if you think it is defective.
catherine yronwode

magicmurphy
Forum Member

Unread post by magicmurphy » Sun May 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Thanks, Ms. Cat. I likely will. Folks on the list keep comparing it to the Special Oil #20, which I have, use, and love. There's just no scent at all there. :(

Would I simply ship the packet back to you wrapped up (it's open, naturally), and include the order number it was part of for an exchange?

Sorry about the hassle, and thanks.

Murphy
St. Paul

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Yes, that would do.
catherine yronwode

magicmurphy
Forum Member

Unread post by magicmurphy » Mon May 27, 2013 7:50 am

Alrighty. Thanks.

Setanaya
HRCC Student

Unread post by Setanaya » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Dear Miss Cat,
I need to take a moment to thank you. I received an order from Lucky Mojo awhile ago, but only tonight burnt Lucky Spirit Incense. You have given me a piece of my childhood back! When I was younger, we would go to a friend's house, and she was a mentor in my life. She always burnt incense, and I have spent over 20 years looking for the scent ..... and it is exactly the scent of Lucky Spirit! Thank you!!! This us perfection :D

Gratefully yours,
Setanaya

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:53 pm

Setanaya: These are always the best kinds of posts to read! Thank you for sharing your love of Lucky Spirit incense with us. It is one of my personal Never Be Without items.
Joseph Magnuson

Pyromancer
Forum Member

Unread post by Pyromancer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:53 am

Got it in the mail today. Smells divine. Doesn't stay burning for long though. All you need is to burn little picnches at a time.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:55 am

Pryomancer,

Did you make it into a cone shape then burn it? Then it will burn for a good few minutes, iv also put them on charcoal disks to burn as well and it burned nicely as well.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Pyromancer
Forum Member

Unread post by Pyromancer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:26 pm

I did all that

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:47 pm

Powder incense is designed to be burned a bit at a time. I burn it on charcoal and have not had any trouble.
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Incenses and Resins in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”