Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gri-Gri Questions & Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure hands, mojo bags, nation sacks, trick bags, tobies, jomos, spell packets, Jack balls, and dolls.
JayDee
HRCC Student
Re: Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gri-Gri Questions & Answers

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:35 am

aniviel,

The mojo will be fine a week. Feed it before you go and give it attention, feed it once you come back. When I travel I leave my mojo's home wrapped in a piece of worn clothing that was close to my skin ( t shirt, undies etc).
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:23 pm

Thank you very much JayDee. I'll leave it tucked in the robe I wear at home

LittleLeo

Unread post by LittleLeo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:14 am

I am quite new to hoodoo and to LuckyMojo and I had some questions about the mojo bags in general.

1) I'm considering getting my first one, and I was reading through some of the threads about the different bags here in this forum and saw that apparently each mojo bag has its own "fixing" procedure that needs to be followed by the customer after we receive it.

2) I didn't see any mention of this in the catalog pages, but in some of these threads I see people mentioning burning candles with pins in them and things like that to fix their mojo. Do these supplies come with the mojo bag if necessary? Or do they have to be purchased separately? I was confused because in the catalog the mojo bags are only mentioned as coming with instructions and a vial of condition oil (as far as I can tell).

3) Also, I read that the things you have to do to fix a bag are different depending on which bag. Does the fixing always involve candles?

I ask because I thought a mojo bag would be a good sort of magic for me to try because I really don't have a way to safely and discreetly burn candles in my living circumstances, but I wouldn't want to accidentally commit myself to a big candle spell without even knowing that was what I was buying!

For context, some of the formulas I am considering for my first mojo bag are Attraction, Lodestone, or Crown of Success (just looking for something to draw general good luck and good things into my life right now!) though eventually I'd also love to get a Jackie the Cat.

(I think I could get away with burning candles one time or something, and I have read the page about burning candles in secret... it's just a big 21-day candle ritual that really concerns me!)

Thank you for your help! And sorry if this is confusing or answered before.

Edward T
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Edward T » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:30 am

Hello Littleleo.
Here is a link to our page on Mojo Bags, Conjure Hands, and Jack balls. http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html
You may even consider having Lucky Mojo hand make one for you as your first one. If you have any questions please let us know.

Enjoy your day. Thomas K
HRCC Graduate #1985 --Hoodoo Psychics, Reader, Forum Moderator, Rootworker

LittleLeo

Unread post by LittleLeo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:29 am

Thank you Thomas K! I have searched through the catalog pages and the information on Mojo bags available on the website and can't find any answers to my previous questions about mojo bags including candles / if they all require candles. In fact I've only even seen these mojo bag candle rituals mentioned here on the forums, which is why I wanted to ask here. :)

I don't want to divert from my original question too much but I am very curious about the custom mojo bags too. Is there an increase in price compared to the ones in the catalog? Do I have to call the store to figure out how to have one made or can I email?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:12 am

Hello, LittleLeo,

1) Yes, different mojos we make do have various ways to fix them.

2) Fixing a mojo with the warmth of a candle flame is just one way to work. Some use inceince smoke. Some do neither. There is no literal "big 21-day candle ritual" though-- you just use a household candle and mark it off in sections and light it and burn a little every day -- but you can skip that step if you want to (and if i recall correctly, only one or two of the mojos are given those instructions.

One reason that the various ways of fixing and preparing the mojo hands was set forth as they were is that at the time i wanted to honour and showcase the various teachers i had had and the methods in which they had instructed me. I travelled the country, buying mojo hands from shop-keepers and toby-makers all over in the 1960s, and each had certain ways of working that appealed to me. I fugured that if someone wanted to learn a dozen different ways to make a mojo, they could do as i did and buy a dozen mojos and get into the process.

I liked making mojos so much that i named my company after them -- the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. And the mojo hands i offered for sale, along with a few curios of the type that went into making mojos, were the first products i put online for sale.

Mojo Hands for Sale from the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html

Of course, when i offered the mojo hands for sale, i came to learn that most folks just wanted a single mojo for their own situation -- not a set of instructive mojos of different types. And some of them were hopeful D-I-Y mages who had no patience to learn by ordering mojo hands and actually resented me as a "merchant" and wanted "free spells." And so i wrote a few web pages of more general instructions, for those who wanted to learn the work as practitioners without actually studying deeply, and i put some good history online, for free ---

Mojo
http://luckymojo.com/mojo.html

Jomo
http://luckymojo.com/jomo.html

Nation Sack
http://luckymojo.com/nationsack.html

Jack Ball
http://www.southern-spirits.com/owen-ho ... balls.html

But then real and true students came to me ad wanted the deeper instructions. They wanted to become professional root doctors and to learn how to make mojos for their own clients according to the traditional ways of working. So, for them, i wrote an entire course in how to be a professional root doctor, and it included a lot of information formerly held private and only shared one-o-one, about the rootworker's role n the creation of a client's mojo.

Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course
http://luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

Finally,, with questions about mojo hands still coming in from the public, i wrote an entire book on the subject, with more than 100 "recioes" for making your own mojo:

The Art of Making Mojos: How to Craft Conjure Hands, Trick Bags, Tobies, Gree-Grees, Jomos, Jacks, and Nation Sacks
http://luckymojo.com/theartofmakingmojos.html

So now you and everyone else can dip into the world of hoodoo mojo hands and conjure bags at any level you wish -- as a customer, a home practitioner, or a prospective professional root doctor.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:54 am

Hi,

I have a question regarding using gris gris/mojo bags.

A few weeks ago I ordered my very first gris gris (this was before I came across this site). It is a New Orleans style “Come To Me” gris gris.

When I first unpacked it and held it in my hand I IMMEDIATELY felt the power from it. In fact, the energy was so strong that upon holding it for several minutes I began to feel my aura become charged and I felt somewhat sedated and loopy. I then began to feel attractive, as if I could sweet talk anyone – NO JOKE.

After several minutes I got dressed and stated a brief petition to the gris gris, then I went to town to try it out.

I walked into one of my cousin’s hair salon uptown just to see how many clients were in there and at the time there was only one girl, and when my cousin turned the client’s chair around to face more of my direction, the girl turned her head towards me and when she saw me her eyes widened and just kept darting back and forth at me. The whole time I was there (a good 30 mins to an hour) and whenever I was in her view her eyes were locked onto me. I saw the same girl in there a few times before but I never got that reaction from her – WOW! It shows me that the gris gris definitely was working!

Since then I’ve used the gris gris from time to time whenever I would go out, but I didn’t seem to get the same results as before, even though I would state my petition to it and anoint it with oils. I don’t even feel the same powerful effect anymore like I felt the first time I held it.

I occasionally cleanse it by passing it through sage incense and chanting that it shall be cleansed and such. I did this in hopes that it would be “recharged” but I just don’t see the difference really.

Does the magickal powers of these things wear off over time?

Edward T
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Edward T » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:37 am

Hello jdsmooth85

I have made myself a Money Mojo over a year ago and it is still very strong. I feed my mojo every Friday with Hoyts Cologne and speak my Prayers into it and she loves it. A Mojo Bag can deplete its powers over time for many reasons.

Miss Cat wrote a very detailed page on Mojo Hands that is free. Please read this page, I think the information you are looking for will be here. You may want to consider having a custom Mojo Bag made for you here at LM.

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html
Hope this works out for you. Thomas K

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:55 am

Thank you Thomas K! I am doing some research now on the links you shared.

MattKnell

Unread post by MattKnell » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:54 pm

I bought some triple strength Lucky Mojo bags from Lucky Mojo, and these bags come with instructions to perform a ritual before carrying them with you everywhere.

I plan on not carrying these bags with me until after I follow the ritual instructions for these bags, and this won't be until many months after I received the bags in the mail.

I don't expect to get any results during these many months before I perform the rituals and begin carrying them with me, but if I do what I plan on doing, will these Lucky Mojo bags work for me after these many months after I follow the instructions and perform the rituals and begin carrying them around with me?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:50 pm

Dear MattKnell --

Thanks for purchasing from us.

You can consider the hands as being dormant or asleep until you awaken then.

Selling mojo hands by mail order goes back almost 100 years, and it is accepted that they are made for the client or customer, but that some form of connection will be formed by the buyer at some point after receipt. How long the dormancy lasts is variable, but if kept in a cool, dry, dark place, they should be fine.
catherine yronwode

southerncajun

Unread post by southerncajun » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:35 am

Are Nation Sacks good for long distance relationships? I will be with my target starting tomorrow for 14 days. While there I will be able to collect personal concerns and tie his nature. I will also be starting my period while I am there. But I know that I shouldn’t travel with my nation sack due to the xray machine at the airports, from what I understand from reading this thread. Am I good to just start the nation sack during my next period even though he isn’t in the same state? I hope my question makes sense :)

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:34 am

southerncajun ,

I have never heard that a women had to be on her period to use a nation sack. It can work for long distance, the distance does not effect the mojos effectiveness. I agree do not travel with it. Feed him some of the blood while you pray the petition to bring him to you in love.

southerncajun

Unread post by southerncajun » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:44 am

Oh ok thanks! In the instructions it says to start the ritual on the first night of your period which is what I was referrig to, but i am relieved. Thank you as always!

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:21 pm

Hello,

Earlier today I contacted the shop via email (the only way I could contact them at the time) to make an inquiry that I felt someone there would be able to answer directly due to the nature of the question, but later someone responded saying that they could not give individual product advice by email and I would have to refer to the forum.

So anyway, I think that sometime this week I would like to purchase the ‘Crown Of Success’ mojo hand. What I wanted to know is on average, how long does it usually take to prepare and ship mojo hands in general?

You see, I would like to begin a series of spells sometime between later this week and next week if possible. I was going to start with a spiritual cleansing ritual, then the next night or so I wanted to activate the ‘Crown Of Success’ mojo hand in conjunction with a related spell, and so forth. That is why I wanted to know a general time frame on the preparation and shipping.

Thanks in advance.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:42 pm

jdsmooth85 ,

LM is an international business and ships all over the United States. The turn over that you seek is possible but nor probable. Think of the many many people who are ordering and the shop putting those orders together. General shipping and prep will differer based on the amount of orders in at the time. Possible calling the store asking for an estimated time may be a better option.

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:47 pm

JayDee,

Thanks for the fast response!

I think I will take your advice and try to call them tomorrow and ask.

southerncajun

Unread post by southerncajun » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:51 am

Hello!

Question. For my nation sack that I am working on-
What if I was able to get my target’s cum on the string yesterday, but instead of falling asleep, he left. So I was not able to actually tie the string.

Am I at a loss? Or am I still able to tie his nature?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:10 pm

southerncajun ,

You can still use that item. Wait till he comes over or on the phone and pull it shut. Call him put on speaker phone after talking a min say hold on call his name when he responds tie it shut .. wait a min to respond to him and say hello and act like you never called his name. Have him over again and add more cum, go in the other room and say his name and pull it while he is there.

southerncajun

Unread post by southerncajun » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Thanks JayDee, as always!!!

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi,
just received my very first mojo hand from LM the other day and I am going to awakening it tonight. According to the included instructions for this particular mojo hand, it is understood that I will have to open the bag to place the petition and personal item in it, then reseal it.

Question is, when resealing the bag, does it have to be tied in the same way as it was originally tied, or it doesn't matter as long as it is in some variation of a miller's knot? I understand to what I read here that there may be some significance to this, although it doesn't say what: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo.html

I am a newbie to this, of course, so please take this in consideration.

Additionally, I understand that the instructions say to anoint the bag with the included condition oil, but do the contents of the bag (herbs, roots, curious) also have to be anointed before sealing the bag?

Thanks.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:37 pm

jdsmooth85 ,

I would tie it with the millers knot. The items in the bag were prayed over when it was put together at LM. The paper that came with the mojo list every herb and curio in it and why its in the mojo, I would spend a few minutes thinking about the herb and how it supports you in the work while you state that in a prayer. If their are hard items like a root, you can take them out an put oil on them. A mojo once created is a spiritual being and should be treated as one. Feed it weekly, never let it be seen or touched. After you make it wear it as close to the skin as possible 24 hours for a week ( obviously not when in the shower lol). When I tie mine shut I breath into them with my petition then tie it shut. When dressing the mojo five point spot it like its a dice. Pray your petition as you do this. You can also smoke it in incense that is related to the mojo. Talk to the mojo, pray over the mojo, listen to your intuition when using a mojo, you may suddenly feel an urge to feed it, then do so, but always feed weekly to keep it strong and working for you.

Cat has a great book on making mojos, may be an additive to your library for later use: THE ART OF MAKING MOJOS
by catherine yronwode

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:05 pm

Thank you JayDee! That was very informative. And I definitely have to get that book sometime as I see it will come in handy. I'm not really much of a reader these days as I used to be in the good ol days, but if it's for a good cause then it can't hurt :-)

Now, as for the original question at hand, If I tied a miller's knot before, it was done without me being aware. In fact, I never even heard of it before today as I was reading this: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojo.html. It just goes to show that you can do a lot of things without realizing it even has a name, lol.

I just googled some how to's of how to tie a miller's knot and there are several variations from what I can tell. The knot that is on my mojo hand seems a bit different from the examples I see online though (at least from what I can tell). I know for sure I never tied a knot in that way before.

I just didn't want to untie it and end up tying it back in a different variation, not knowing whether or not that affects anything, so that is why I asked.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:40 pm

jdsmooth85

There are many ways to tie a bag and you will notice a difference from worker to worker. A great way to learn how to tie mojos is to go to different shops and buy a mojo and ask them how to tie it. Read cat's book which is filled with info as well. If you are starting out and dont know how to tie a bag then follow the tutorial and make it in the miller knot style. Lots of knots exist I didnt know had names btw LOL.

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:39 pm

JayDee,

I finally finished awakening my mojo! I think I may have made too much of a big deal about tying the knot. It was a lot more simple than I thought. I guess it goes to show that sometimes you just don't realize how easy something is until you try it!

I have another question....upon awakening the mojo, do you supposed to feel the life in it or something? after I followed the instructions and did everything I was supposed to (including breathing into it, pass it over the candle flame a few times, anointing it with oil, etc), even including the tips you gave me here, I didn't really feel much energy coming from it.

Is that normal?

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:11 pm

Hey there, JD smooth

I think I can answer your question until JayDee is able to get back to you. I'm sure he will have some valuable information as well.

You asked "I didn't really feel much energy coming from it. Is that normal?"
To that I would ask whether or not you are typically sensitive to the vibrations that amulets or the items that go into making them give off. I, personally, am not.

There are times, however, in which I will meditate with them or enter a trance state in order to connect with them. More commonly, I will hover my hand just over my mojos to empower them and/or feel whatever connections/vibrations exists between us and more often than not I can feel the warmth, the tingling, and the glow radiating from the bag but this, as I said, that is more often than not a transfer of energy into the bag or simply an assessment of its efficacy but generally speaking, when in its presence, I don't necessarily feel anything 24/7 and the only way to know if it's working is to give it time.

I will say though that it is important that you give yourself time to tune in and connect with it. If what you are saying is that you usually feel a lot of energy from amulets that you typically carry on your person, then I'd advise you to give it some time. Sleep with it near you at least a week and carry it with you EVERYWHERE you go. Test its efficacy before you write it off as having no power or "not working". If you followed the instructions that came along with and any tips that JayDee may have shared with you, I'm sure it is, as we say, "Alive and Well" brother! haha.

I hope this helps.
The Future is in Your Hands,

Dr. Keith Darensbourg, Ch.D

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:18 pm

Thank you Dr Darensbourg! I will definitely take your advice and give it some time, meanwhile talking to it, keeping it on my person, etc.

I asked this because with my very first gris gris (which I purchased from another vendor before I became acquainted with Lucky Mojo), as soon as I took it out of the packaging I instantly felt the life and energy emanating from it as I held it. However, it has since weakened for some reason, but still.

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:29 pm

You're so welcome. Glad I could be of assistance.

With the mojo that you had already from the other vendor... are you still feeding it regularly? Mojo's must be "kept alive". After you breathe that breath of life into them they become living beings! Feed it by dabbing it with an oil appropriate to its purpose or mouth spraying it with whiskey, which you may also choose based off of its correspondence with the mojo's purpose. You can even smoke it over incense to show it some type of love and attention and make sure it still works for you.

I know what you mean now by feeling that power. I'll admit, it's not often for me that I get that sensation but a couple weeks ago, I was in a local esoteric shop patronizing the business but also chatting with my friend the cashier. In walks a woman who makes dolls/poppets and she had previously promised to make my friend one. She makes them with crystals by the way.. well, when she pulled that thing out I swear my body began to tingle! It was such a warmth and an overwhelming energy I felt from it! It was such a great feeling and I expressed to her how good I felt around something that wasn't even made for me. Lol She offered to make me one too so I'm excited about that (haha) but yeah man. Those were crystals so I expected to feel that sort of energy from them.

But blah blah, just spend time with them, atune yourself to them, talk to them, nuture them as you would a child or even a lover and you should start to notice a difference as they "grow".

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi,

Yes I still have and feed the old mojo. I cleanse it and talk to it regularly, etc. It is a "Come to Me" mojo. I have only had it since august. I think it weakened ever since someone saw it. It still showed signs that it was still alive and working, but it's work has become so subtle and the energy it once had is not there anymore.

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:48 pm

Jdsmooth85,

Ah, I see. If someone has seen it then yeah, there's a good chance it is dead. That's not always a "hard rule" but given the circumstances, you not feeling the power you once felt and moreover the lack of results, I'd say it's time to give that one a good burial. You can try to "revive" it. Maybe add a few more ingredients and breathe more life into it and try your luck again. When that's happened to me, I actually like to perform CPR on it; "chest" compressions and all! It's worked before! It's worth a try but if you notice it just doesn't come back to life, go ahead and just lay him/her to rest. R.I.P.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:53 pm

jdsmooth85,
If my mojo is becoming weak or neglected for some reason I feed it several times that week, id pray over it and use Psalms relating to the work, burn incense and smoke it. Finally I take a candle of the color related to the work, write my petition on it, dress it with the same oil light it brush the mojo over the flame several times then place it under a dish with the candle on top and leave it till the candle burns out, then put it close to the body again.

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:18 pm

Dr Darensbourg and JayDee,

Yea I think it’s time to lay that one to rest. I tried to give it time (about 2 months now) to see if it still had any life left. I tried doing different things to re-awaken it, such as praying over it, passing it through sage to cleanse it, etc.

I have on at least 2 occasions seen that it still had some life left and was still working, but it’s not consistent, nor has the “energy” it once had since came back. I think I may just thank it, bury it and get another one of those, or a different one altogether.

As for my new mojo hand (Crown of Success), it’s going on the 3rd day and as of yet I still don’t feel any sign that it’s alive. But I am taking the advice I’ve seen on this forum and try to give it at least a full week of consistent skin contact and communication before I rule anything out.

When I talk to it and ask it to show me if it is awakened by letting me feel its energy emanate, I think I somewhat feel a little something but I’m not sure whether or not it’s just a placebo effect. It’s so subtle that I can’t really tell anything for sure. The bag just feels pretty much lifeless.

To be honest though, as of yet I haven’t had any situation where I had to use it because I haven’t been out much in the past few days since I had it, but I don’t think that affects it either way. In any case, if it was awakened yet I should at least feel some sort of life or energy from it. When I got my first mojo bag (Come to Me) I felt it’s energy as soon as I took it out of the packaging, but I understand too that they are all different and of course will vary.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:11 pm

jdsmooth85 ,

You may not be gifted in feeling energy but may experience its alive in other ways. Feeling energy is one of my gifts I can feel a mojo, feel the energy in a rock, an herb, even walk into a room I feel the people done this my whole life. You may "feel its working", you may "see" in a vision it is working, maybe you have a special sent you smell when its working, did you have dreams, did they indicate its working? I would pray over it and ask for a sign it is alive an well that you will receive know and understand. Give it 3 days, tell it , you are giving it 3 days.

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:10 am

That is amazing you are able to feel energy this way, JayDee. Are you an empath, by chance?

This past Friday made a full week since I received the crown of success mojo and today (Sunday) makes a full week since I activated it. During those 7 days I would ask it if it was awakened and to let me know by emanating it's energy through me, and as previously stated the energy I felt from it was so subtle that I couldn't really tell if it was just me or if it really responded.

Yesterday, however, I was preparing to do a long walk on the treadmill and for curiosity's sake I asked the mojo to grant me the energy to walk the full 50 mins (which is my usual time goal for my daily treadmill walk). I placed the mojo in my pocket and gave it a go. Keep in mind that this in itself is not what I originally petitioned the mojo hand for, but I made the petition general enough where it would help me succeed in all I do. Again, keep this in mind as you read.

Within 10 mins of the walk I suddenly got a boost of energy seemingly out of nowhere, no energy pill or drink taken. Granted, it was on and off, but still, I was able to complete the walk without tire for the full 50 mins. That showed me that the mojo is now awakened and working!

Now, in a different scenario, I just received my triple strength lodestone mojo hand yesterday and promptly activated it. With this mojo hand I can definitely tell it IS already awakened. Whenever I hold it for a few minutes I can feel the energy emanating from it!

I cannot tell if it actually works yet, however, because I have not since been anywhere to test the petition it is used for, so I have yet to test it's effectiveness.

Edward T
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Edward T » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:58 am

jdsmooth85
This is great news! Make sure you keep the mojo near you for the first 7 days to create a bond with it. After be sure to feed it to keep it alive. The stronger the bond the better the relationship you will have with it.
Enjoy. Edward T

jdsmooth85

Unread post by jdsmooth85 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:23 am

Thank you Edward T!

I definitely try to keep them near me or at least talk to them and touch them whenever possible, even if I can't always have them exactly on me. And I definite feed them ;-)

loveremains

Unread post by loveremains » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:58 am

Is it OK to open the mojo bag once it's tied and add more stuff in it?

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:54 am

there's nothing wrong with that at all as long as the ingredients you are adding are magically appropriate for the purpose of the bag. Hope this helps

agj5

Unread post by agj5 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:47 am

Hello everyone,

I am planning on doing a love mojo bag with someone in mind. I wish I could have it with me when I see this person but he lives in another country so I can't take it with me. Or if I make it while I am there, then I won't be able to bring it home because airports/x-ray machines. Also, if I do it before I go, it won't be fed for three weeks. All in all, I think I will have to wait until I come back.

Anyway, the plan is to put:
1. Photo of the two of us with the petition written at the back
2. two lodestones with magnetic sand
3. herb mixture

Questions:
1. is the petition paper counted as one item? Some seem not to count it and add three more and others count is as one and add two more
2. if it is not counted as one, and I want to have up to three, what personal concerns could I use? (I get that the photo in itself is considered a personal concern). His? (like hair) Mine? (like period blood or fluids') Both? (his and mine)

Thanks,

agj5

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:48 am

Hello agj5,

Very good questions you have there. Regarding the travel concern, depending on where you live and would be flying out of, if you are taking a suitcase that will board the plane you shouldn't have a problem with carrying it along with you. I would just not bring it on as a carry on.

Onto your specific questions:

1) that typically is a matter of preference. Some root workers will count the petition paper as an individual itan. Some do not. I personally do count it as an item. "The Black Folder" a book by miss cat has a section about mojo bags that talks about the mind body and soul of a mojo bag. The petition is where the bag gets its purpose fulfilled. Plainly stating what purpose will be carried out .. the mind. Some workers also count the bag itself as an item. I woudlnt get to bogged down over the number of contents.

2) You can use all of the above. I would count any personal concerns as one item, myself. They make up the soul of the bag. I hope this helps

Moneybagg
Newly Registered

Unread post by Moneybagg » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:50 am

Hey I need help this is my first time doing this and I need to know things.

can someone help me

Dr Darensbourg
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Darensbourg » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:54 am

Moneybagg,

Try this book for more than 100 ways to make a mojo, plus lots of history and techniques:

BOO-GRI-MOJO
The Art of Making Mojos, by cat yronwode
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

The Art of Making Mojos
Within these pages you will find a treasure-trove of accurate, authentic, and easy-to-follow instructions that teach you how to craft and work with Conjure Hands, Trick Bags, Tobies, Gree-Grees, Jomos, Jacks, and Nation Sacks in the hoodoo folk magic tradition.

• Down-home Methods for Making Conjure Bags
• How to Select Your Herbs, Roots, and Curios
• Dressing and Feeding a Mojo for Any Purpose
• Lucky Mojo Hands for Winning Games of Chance
• Jomos for Money Drawing and Business Success
• Uncrossing, Healing, and Jinx-Breaking Hands
• Tobies for Attraction, Sexuality, and Love
• Bed and Mattress Packets to Bless the Home
• How to Make Nation Sacks and Jack Balls

Catherine Yronwode is the co-proprietor of the Lucky Mojo Curio Company, a manufactory for traditional herb-based conjure supplies, and the pastor of Missionary Independent Spiritual Church. Her books on folk magic and divination include "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic," "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice," "Throwing the Bones," and "Paper In My Shoe." She lives and works on an old farmstead in rural Northern California with her husband, a dog, cats, and chickens.

Here's what's inside:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Dedication 4
Acknowledgements 4

A Hand by Any Name 5

26 Blues Lyrics About Mojo Hands, 1925 -1963 10

A Handful of Basic Principles 12

THE HAND OF ABUNDANCE 21
Herbs and Roots for Money Drawing 22
Dressing and Feeding a Money Mojo 24
The Lucky Hand 25
The Gambler’s Hand 27
Hands for Lucky Dreams 34
Business Prosperity Mojos 35
Job-Getting and Steady Work Mojos 38
Mojos to Keep the Money You Have 39
Mojo Hands to Get a Loan 41

THE HAND OF POWER 43
Herbs and Roots for Power and Health 44
Dressing and Feeding a Power Mojo 46
The Hand of Strength 47
The Healing Hand 48
Power to Overcome Difficulties 50
Power Over Others 51
Hands That Harm and Hurt 52
Court Case Mojos 53

THE HAND OF PROTECTION 55
Herbs and Roots for Protection 56
Dressing and Feeding a Protection Mojo 58
Uncrossing and Jinx-Breaking Hands 59
Hands That Protect Against Envy 60
Hands to Protect Yourself 61
Hands to Protect Your Family 65
Hands to Protect Your Home 66
Safe Travel Mojo Hands 68

THE HAND OF LOVE 71
Herbs and Roots for Love and Sex 72
Dressing and Feeding a Love Mojo 73
Attraction and Love-Drawing Hands 75
Double Lodestone Mojos for Love 80
Bed and Mattress Packets for Love 82
The Nation Sack 85
The Jack Ball 90
Mojos for Family Blessings 91
Mojos for Marital Fidelity 92
Mojos to Rule and Control a Lover 93
Mojos for Reunion or Reconciliation 95

Bibliography 96

Pyromancer

Unread post by Pyromancer » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Moneybagg,

What kind of help? A money Mojo?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Moneybagg,

Aside from buying my book, if you have a specific question, just ask.
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Mojo Hands, Conjure Bags, Jack Balls, and Doll Babies in Hoodoo”