Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Tales of being scammed by non-AIRR non-HP readers and rootworkers

How to contact AIRR or HP for an authentic hoodoo psychic reading, conjure consultation, or magical coaching, and how to hire a root doctor.
Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Tales of being scammed by non-AIRR non-HP readers and rootworkers

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:53 pm

Hello, Megs369

I am so glad that you asked.

This is all a scam!! A HORRIBLE scam. In fact, I would notify the police

Please read this page:

www.luckymojo.com/blackgypsies.html

And also read the pages on this thread.

Take care of yourself

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Megs369 --

Miss Aida is correc. You are being scammed BIG TIME.

We deal with down-home, old-scholl conjure here. What you are describing is ascam as old as the Middle Ages, and one which has beenheavily documented for several hundred years.

Read up on it. Don't believe it.

This is not to say that magic is false or that curses do not exist. The Brooklyn Bridge is real, after all, but no one has the authority to sell it to you.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Alyssa

Unread post by Alyssa » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:34 am

Hi! I would like some guidance, it that is possible.

I've been working with a psychic for over a year and a half.

She told me this guy was my soulmate (than later said he was my twin flame).

We agreed on a certain price for her to do work for me (she never mentioned a curse or anything - just that work needed to be done to clear the chakras and the energy and so on).

The problem is, after I paid the amount we agreed on, she kept coming for more. She would say there was another issue and another issue and another one. She keeps saying that she is communicating with his late mother and every time there is another problem, something to be fixed, something to be done.

I've already paid over 8 times of the amount we first agreed on (I'm not gonna disclose numbers because I'm too embarrassed about it). But every time I question why she wants more, she says my case is way more difficult than she anticipated and she would have never taken it if she knew how hard it would be.

I believe she is a genuine psychic, but I can't stop thinking she is taking advantage of me.

I finally told her I was done and asked for a refund. She said she would refund me starting in October, but she is still pressing me to do more work saying it is needed, that this is the last one (I heard this from her so many times) and that she doesn't want me to complain when things don't happen. She keeps saying his mother is really disappointed in me, that his mother thinks I'm giving up on him. The truth is I don't have any more money to give her :(

But nothing has happened so far. I'm so lost and I really don't know what to do.

Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

Edward T
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Edward T » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:50 am

Hello Alyssa.
I am so sorry that this is happening to you. From what you told me, this may be a scam. If you used a credit card have that disputed with your bank. Please read this thread that talks about Black Gypsies.
http://www.luckymojo.com/blackgypsies.html
Best of luck to you. Thomas K
HRCC Graduate #1985 -- Forum Moderator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:20 pm

Alyssa,

Unless your former psychic reader made a guarantee (a contract, in writing) that she would absolutely produce results or you would get your money back -- and unless you can produce a copy of this guarantee either made out personally to you or presented to the public on her web site, you have no recourse to get a refund.

She may be a true psychic, but even if she is a scammer, unless she promised refunds for non-results, she is within her right to keep the money, because you only paid her for readings and for attempting to do the work.

Sorry if this is bad news, and if it is any comfort, you are not the only person that this has happened to.

If you want to know what AIRR member contracts for rootwork and spiritual readings can look like, this web page will give you a good idea:

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/Contract

Not all AIRR members use contracts on every job, but all of us are familiar with them, and you can ask us to use portions (or all) of the documentation provided on the above-linked page.
catherine yronwode

Alyssa

Unread post by Alyssa » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:32 pm

Thank you Thomas and Catherine for your replies.

She sent me an e-mail when we started working saying she would refund me the amount we agreed on (the original one) if I was not satisfied with her work.

But it is not just about the money. I feel betrayed and confused and I do not know what to believe anymore. Every time I hear the sound of a message she sends me I feel like crying. This is so overwhelming. But what if she is right? I don`t wish this stress on anybody :(

Again, thank you for replying. I`ll see what I`ll do.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:43 pm

Alyssa ,

People who are right on spiritual advise do not take advantage of people and rip them off. That is the first sign she is not being honest. Maybe you and the man are soulmates, maybe you can get him back. But it seems the last 8 times she didnt do anything at all but take money. This is a scam. Get your money, cut your losses, take a spiritual bath and wear a protection oil.

13 herb bath, I would use a 13 day, they do sell a one day but based on how you feel and how long this went on I would use this one: http://www.herbmagic.com/13-herb-spirit ... -days.html
Fire wall to protect you: http://www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html
Contact an AIRR worker and have a reading about the situation to see what is going on: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... ootworkers
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

ScorpioKate

Unread post by ScorpioKate » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:39 pm

Hi Alyssa!

Have you called into the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour before? It's free and I've been listening when they've given readings about this very same issue. Miss cat knows her *stuff* (had to edit myself lol, I have a potty mouth by nature) and she can tell you in an instant what the real deal is. As someone who has been scammed myself before, I know that you might spend many more months worrying about the things she said and the predictions she supposedly made. It's best to just nip it in the bud, find out if that's what's really going on or not from readers who are the best in the business so you can clear your head of it. You'll dither about it and it'll just tear you up even more unless you find the answers. And definitely I would take JayDee's advice about getting this negative thing out of your life.

So many people have been scammed by non AIRR readers so don't let embarrassment be yet another thing that brings you down. I consider myself to be quite intelligent and I've been scammed like this for probably a similar amount as yourself. I also won't say what that amount was :). But by all means, don't be embarrassed that this happened. Get some free clarity from Miss cat on the Rootwork Hour, wash off the muck that this reader threw at you, and be proud of yourself that you had the courage to say something at least on this forum. Getting a reading requires the client to give a ton of trust to the reader. You're trusting them with knowing your situation and with your permission to look into all the dark corners that we don't give up to the average person. On top of that, if they then use that information to pull money from you and to make you feel like you "need" them to help you, that's beyond unethical.

Lastly, I regularly delve into necromancy (channeling and working with the deceased) and unless someone has a crappy soul, they're not going to be "disappointed in you" or feel you're "giving up on their son". She's watching over her son every day of his life and she has the ability to see things objectively so she would probably tell you that she wishes her son would get it together so he could be with a nice girl like yourself lol. Honestly though, he's responsible for his own self just like everyone else so a deceased loved one would know better than anyone that it's not your burden to save him. But disappointment is more of a feeling in life, and not in death. It implies some sort of judgement that was applied to you and that you didn't meet some arbitrary standard in their opinion. It's all earth stuff. The dead know you're doing the best you can because they can see it, and they're more likely to try to help you than to judge you. Don't let what she said put any distance between you and his mom. You could probably use the mom's guidance in this matter anyway and you definitely don't need a psychic to talk to her for you.

But definitely see about calling the Rootwork Hour because Miss cat and that group can provide you some real clarity and some suggestions on what you can do yourself to try to bring him to you, or otherwise.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:57 pm

ScorpioKate --

That's a wonderful plan -- get a FREE READING by at least TWO members of AIRR on the Lucky Mojo HoodooRootwork Hour.

You get only ONE question on these free readings, so i would choose either:

"Was my psychic reader telling the truth about the man's mother being "disappointed" in me for not paying more money for more work"

or

"Is this man truly my soul-mate or twin flame as my former psychic readers said?"

Here is where to go to sign up for your two reading, PLUS free rootwork advice:

2018 Radio Show Reading Sign-Ups and Chat Logs
2018-radio-show-reading-sign-ups-and-ch ... -f202.html

If you are not selected the first week you try, just keep signing up each week, fresh -- you will almost certainly get in on the second or third attempt. Just remember, only ONE QUESTION per reading.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Alyssa

Unread post by Alyssa » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:04 am

Thank you JayDee, ScorpioKate and Catherine for everything you wrote. It really helped. You have no idea :)
And I really appreciate what you said about the deceased, ScorpioKate. His mom was already an amazing soul here on Earth. Thank you for opening my eyes to that. I'm pretty smart myself, but today I feel stupid I couldn't see that.

I also took your advice and I "talked' more than usual to his mom today. And I got the confirmation I needed to cut my losses and move on from this psychic. I don't need her. I suspect I never did in the first place :)

I hope you all have an amazing week. Thanks again for listening and taking your time to help me.

jon saint germain
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jon saint germain » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:44 am

Another red flag is psychic domination. For example, if you question the reader's statement, and they interrupt you with, "Listen-- I'M the psychic," or some equally outrageous statement of omnipotence, or, instead of offering options, outright order you onto a course of action (usually with threats of dire consequences if you fail to comply) or forbid you to consult with another reader or seek a second opinion (imagine any other professional, such as a lawyer, doctor, or psychologist doing this). There are many other red flags.

I always encourage my clients to fact check my readings. I know I'm not omnipotent. My name is Jon, not Jehovah. Spirit communication isn't like speaking with someone on the phone, its an interpretive skill, and unless you do it yourself it's impossible to describe, and there must be validation or there can be what I call "paralax error." It's far better to make sure you're right by fact checking, than try to bully your client to satisfy your ego. Pah. I call BS on that. If I'm wrong, I admit it, and find out where I strayed.

If a psychic or spellcaster claims omnipotence, omiscience, or 100 % guaranteed results, or expertise in every branch of psychic endeavor, guard your wallet. In my experience, it takes at least a decade to gain professional proficiency in any Oracle, many hundreds of readings before you really know what you're doing, and one thing you learn with age and experience: walk softly and use a gentle touch. Lives are at stake.

Sorry for pulling out my soapbox, I've dealt with two clients this week who were raked over the coals by scammers. I'm a little sore over it.

Bless you, and take care,

Rev Jon SG
Rev Jon Saint Germain
HRCC Grad - BOD AIRR - BOD AISC - Hoodoo Psychics - Crystal Silence League

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:12 am

Jon, thank you for that clear statement. I agree 100% -- and i too have had my share of clients who come to me after having been dominated by psychic readers or spiritual coaches who have used their presumed positions of authority to make increasingly greater and greater claims on the clients.

In addition to what you noted, some of these con artists also display two other traits --

They re-contact the client to offer services rather than waiting for the client to request services. For instance , they may call or text claiming that they had an alarming dream about the client (who is now "in terrible danger") and they expect a call-back to arrange for further services.

They stage a personal crisis of their own -- often a health crisis -- and solicit donations or "loans" to tide them over the crisis so that they can then return to work for the client. For instance, they now have cancer and need money for expensive treatments. They hope that their clients are so hooked on them that they will extend a great deal of money for their "treatments." In some cases, they take the money as a "loan" and then "die" -- disappear from all social media -- only to reappear at a different location and with a different name.

These folks are lifestyle criminals. People often ask me -- "But are they really psychic?" Some of them are! After all, if even Catholic priests may be sexual abusers, it is possible that gifted psychics may become criminals, believe it or not.

Take care!
catherine yronwode

jon saint germain
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jon saint germain » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:10 am

Amen, Ms. Cat. And on the subject of Spiritual sexual predators, this is another can of worms, and something that sadly happens. Again, I hear stories, but often the client is afraid to say anything, because they fear jinxing and other consequences from the guilty party.

Now, many times sexual and other personal matters are discussed in this type of scenario. With that said, the dialogue must always be professional and boundaries respected (by both parties).

My advice: If the psychic/Spiritualist/counselor/root doctor gets creepy in a way that makes you uncomfortable -- run!

Bless you,
Rev J
Rev Jon Saint Germain
HRCC Grad - BOD AIRR - BOD AISC - Hoodoo Psychics - Crystal Silence League

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers, Hoodoo Psychics”