Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

International Orders / International Shipping

Questions, answers, and discussions about the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: International Orders / International Shipping

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:42 am

Thank you, RevJames, for helping with requests from foreign board members!

We seem to have hit a patch of folks from Africa (the only place to which we do not ship) who think that we supply free recipes. Another forum member (i thnk it may have been Pyromancer) alerted me to this several days ago, and i have been working through their cases, one by one, and, i hope that with your help we have cleared our case load of these intrusions.

These African requests are frustrating for me, because i do want to help, and the folks who are asking went to great trouble to join the forum and get through the approval of three preliminary posts, and they are interested in folk magic -- but their requests are so precise and so wrong ("I want your recipes and i will not buy your goods") that i always have to take a moment to breathe and calm myself and understand that what is happening is not a case of rudeness or greed or parasitism, but simple confusion.

The folks from Africa actually believe that we will give them our proprietary recipes. They are sincerely asking. Many of them have English as a second language, and some of them need to have the realities of this forum explained more than once. The truth is that we simply cannot help them. Unless they arrange for trans-shipment of their goods (as many of the Chinese and some of the other Africans do), we cannot serve them.

Thank you for steering these folks to our books on Amazon -- a good touch, because Amazon will ship books to African nations, i believe. That way they can learn on their own and help themselves.

Africa has a deep and vital stream of folk magic, and it would be lovely if one or more of these African practitioners decided to tap into that local current, study with a local root doctor, and write books on African folk magic for the rest of the world to read!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

RevJames
Forum Moderator

Unread post by RevJames » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:45 pm

Thanks to you as well Ms Cat!

I completely understand the want to help people, as we spoke about on the phone I'm very passionate about helping others as well, and to help you guys at LM.

I have seen the many posts lately about asking for recipes, and from the way some of the posts are written one can infer that English isn't their first language. Luckily there is google translate but even I know that is not perfect. There are many times I've had to use it and use context clues to figure out what was being said, but then again I'm fascinated by language so the challenge is fun to me, and educational not only in the content i'm reading about, but the language itself and the culture it comes from.

What many people fail to realize though is that you give away SO much FREE information if people would only take the time to read. And that information is there for everyone, publicly on line.

All of the pages in Hoodoo in Theory and Practice - http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html - Every red link - Every condition product page
All the herb pages at - http://www.herbmagic.com/
All the Usenet FAQ's - http://www.luckymojo.com/faqs.html
All the free spells here - http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/
And of course all the thousands of posts here on the forum.

Even if you can't serve them in terms of products, you are still a FABULOUS resource. Granted the books and HRCC (Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course) delve deeper into the work and how-to's for people to help themselves and/or become a professional rootworker respectively, the information provided on this and affiliated websites is really all you need to be able to help yourself. Now that the books (besides the HRCC of course) are available from amazon, all the "deeper" information is much more easily acquired for those that don't live in the US.

Then the only excuse becomes, they want it now. Instant gratification. One of the phrases that burns my chaps is "...I don't have time to read all this..." or "...there are too many posts to read through..." To which my thought is, "If I can do it, so can you."

I would certainly love to see more folk magic/practices books coming from Africa (especially North and West Africa, personally, as these are areas from my recent DNA test results, though less than 3%) even if they were in a different/local language!

As always I'll do what I can to help anyone and everyone on these forums but I won't share copyrighted material or spoon-feed people; what I will do is help people help themselves, or point them in the direction of someone qualified to help (Such as those at AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics).

Finally, thank you, Ms Cat, and HRCC graduates, for sharing your knowledge and your time to make these amazing websites, forums, books, festivals, workshops and the HRCC. Not to mention your desire to help others succeed and preserve Hoodoo for what it really is. <3

PS - I have done some research and found that Amazon does indeed ship to Africa, however it is only through freight forwarders. Informational links from amazon in regards to this are as follows:

"About Freight Forwarders and Hand Carry" - https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... =201910550
"Shipping Rates to Africa" https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... eId=596186
Unless they are on this AmazonGlobal list here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... =201910800
Which ships, as far as I can tell, most of the LM books available on Amazon by shopping via AmazonGlobal/International Shipping - https://www.amazon.com/amazonglobal

African customers from Egypt and customers from the Middle East can use a subsidiary of Amazon called Souq - https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/ which (currently) has the following 5 LM books available:

"Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells" by Deacon Millett
"Legends of Incense, Herb and Oil Magic" by Lewis de Claremont (LM Restored/Reprinted edition)
"Bones, Shells, and Curios" by Michele Jackson
"This Amazing Book" and "Paper in My Shoe" by Catherine Yronwode
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148G

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:00 pm

Thanks, RevJames for the information on Amazon shipping internationally. That will help some folks to know.

And, yes, you get it -- some folks come here like hungry little featherless birds in a nest, all closed eyes, wide open mouth, and screeching for help. LOL!

catherine yronwode

Pyromancer

Unread post by Pyromancer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:37 pm

Kinda pissed. I have my orders shipped to Canada and everytime it exceeds $40 USD I am charge hefty customs fees. I am a very regular customer. Why can’t this be avoided? I do live in the United States as well, but won’t be back there for awhile

Rev Ernest
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Rev Ernest » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:50 pm

Pyromancer --

"Why can't this be avoided?"

Because of governments. Yours and ours. Governments charge customs fees. We may all wish it were not so, but they've been doing it for years.
Rev. Ernest, HRCC Grad #0891, MISC Deacon,
Facebook Fridays! Admin, Online LMCCo Catalogue Team

ZeroMagic

Unread post by ZeroMagic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:34 am

Hello dears,

i have an question. Why you put not the bill outside the package? :-(.
Dont know in all countries, but in Germany DHL can only delivery directly, if the bill is ouside, then they handle all the custom things.

But if is inside, i need alwas walk to custom office and open the things in front of them, to show them the bill.

After last order i remember first time, and wrote shop and ask to put bill outside. But got no answer.

see you

sascha

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:40 am

Hello sascha, aka ZeroMagic,

Perhaps with your next order you could put this request in the Special Instructions section of the order form? Or call the shop after you place an order and explain the situation: 707-887-1521.

Take care.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

ZeroMagic

Unread post by ZeroMagic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:43 am

Thanks for the fast answer. Yes will try it next time :-)

significant

Unread post by significant » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:03 am

In one post Miss Cat says :
catherineyronwodeSite Admin
Re: International Orders / International ShippingReport this post
Post 02 Feb 2017, 05:27
Right now 90 percent of orders are shipping in 3-4 days.
-sooo Im not lucky to be in those 90% ,lol

I make an order 15th sept.. and its still not shipped..it was 15 days ago...

l ordered 6 oils,7 powders and 1 candle...

I was exchanged few emails 2 days ago with shop and Nicole told me- "Your oder is currently in production and you may call us to check on your order ".

l don't want to bother her, l don't want Nicole to be nervous why I'm asking, but I'd like to know when the parcel will be sent, so l can to calculate the approximate time when I can expect it. I'm so stuck and I do not know what's going on...last time when l ordered,and when they shipped parcel l received mail with the number for tracking the parcel. Now I'm told that they do not send mail for every shipment they send out... .too bad .

I know that there is no "factory"...for making suplies..and that is all hand-made ..and when I looked at the photos of shop l saw full shelvess of goods...like no one need to wait so long ..everything is there and it can be sent.. :P
..so I'll have to wait ... what else can I do? .. nothing :roll:

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:03 pm

significant --

Hello, and i am sorry there has been a delay with your order. We have not yet made 3 of your sachet powders. I will see that they are made as soon as possible.

I do not wish to give out your email address, but as a site administrator, i do see it -- and the funny thing is that the client who was connected to that email in our client database and lives in eastern Europe has not ordered from us since 2012.

But when i looked up all the clients we have ever had from that eastern European nation, there are only 3 clients -- so i found your recent order -- with a new (different) client record because we had a new spelling of your first name (no "h" this time), a new address, and a new email -- although in the same city and same nation!

I merged your two client records and updated all of the data. I have put BOTH spellings of your first name in the record.

Although we do not automatically send tracking numbers with packages, you can request a tracking number when you order by placing your request in the message area of your order and asking that this request be attached to your permanent client record. I have added that request to your client record.
catherine yronwode

significant

Unread post by significant » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:17 am

Tnx Miss Cat for your reply...as l told.. no probl l will wait.. ;) . l need that amazing products from your company ..
Yes l was ordered in 2012. :roll: .. and yes,in my language l using some other letter (when my name is pronounced to be heard as "sh")..so sometimes i wrote only with "s" sometimes with "sh"..
Few days before l want to order, l was try to login with my old mail address( to change the data from the new payment card and the home address where I live now) as customer who buy before from you,but didn't know password,so l was looking on "forget pass".. but l get automatic mail in return that in your database is not customer with that address. :o .so l ordered from some other.. l hope that is no problem..kiss for all of you from eastern Europe ;)

ophio

Unread post by ophio » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:03 am

I followed the instructions given to estimate the USPS international shipping rates for my order, but I'm still confused because the estimated costs range from $30 to $130.

Can someone who has place a recent international order please tell me which shipping options shown by USPS LM actually uses? I'd like to go with the cheapest option "First-Class Package International Service" but reading these posts I got the impression that maybe LM only uses the flat-rate boxes?

Graveyardhag

Unread post by Graveyardhag » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:20 am

Ophio, they use the cheapest I think unless you specify which one you want. If you want that particular one you need to write it in the order box.

I'm in Australia, first order postage cost me $35, that one was mostly herbs, and a few bottles of oils and wash. Second order postage was $85 - that one had a glass encased candle in it.

The prices work out to around $20 and $60 in USD and I am pretty sure only the second one was a flat rate box.

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi Ophio,

If you need assistance with shipping from LMCC, you can contact the shop via email at order@luckymojo.com

They are very helpful and can advise you better than we can on the forum.

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Lucky Mojo Curio Co. News and Announcements”